Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

Comments

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,451

Nothing on the agenda today, laundry of course, some vacuuming and that is about it beyond the surveys and getting caught up on some TV. Exercising happening after meals, may be combo of treadmill, marching on the spot and an outdoor walk as well. Nowhere I need to go and nothing needed to buy. Will thin out some liquid soap for the foamy kind both for bathroom and kitchen. Water has been shut off, without notice again but hopefully they turn back on. Starting to think old containers should hold extra water if needed instead of just soap, we will see, just have to remember not to flush the toilet. Put a bottle of water in my bathroom sink to clean hands. Will watch a couple of TV shows in the mean time.

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723

Wow, I didn't check this for a day and now I have three pages to catch up on. :)

Since I never remember who said what... I love the trash can! Very creative. MyShadow, welcome. I don't think I've seen you here before, but if you have been, my apologies. Wow - you've really been through it.

Mae, thinking of you and your sister.

Mara, I'm glad you got out with your friend. It looked beautiful - sorry about the bugs.

We spent the weekend with my dad. We love having him closer to us. It's only 2.5 hours instead of 8+.

I've been reading a lot about intermittent fasting. My favorites are Delay, Don't Deny and Fast. Feast. Repeat. Both are by Gin Stephens. Very interesting reading and highly recommended.

Happy Monday, everyone!

• myshadow
    myshadow Member Posts: 40

Candy- sorry you’re still not getting any answers about the cause of your fevers. I hope you get some relief soon.

Sunshine thanks for the welcome. I follow along, but rarely post.

Enjoy your day

• mara51506

Sunshine, glad you are enjoying your research into your diet. It sounds interesting for sure. Thankfully, where I took the picture on the suspension bridge park did not have any of them.

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,167

Well fever today of 101.2 (so far), but to hell with it. I went to my hair appointment and made some calls about a committee I am on (Zoom meetings). We have a Zoom meeting Wednesday and I will be present. I am just going on with my life--- hermit that I am since 2020 so not much of a life anymore--- even with these fevers. I have sat on the couch covered up with the thermometer beside me for the past 3 weeks. To hell with it.

• denny10
    denny10 Member Posts: 421

candy-678, sounds like you have had enough of this fever controlling your life, you are the only one who can take the decision to carry on as best you can. Just dont overdo it if you are feeling unwell. I hope the hair appointment helped you feel better.

goldens, wishing you successful surgery and a quick recovery, which gives you relief from pain.

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,050

Myshadow~ welcome To the living room. It's nice to hear from you. We really like it when our lurkers post. That way we know they feel part of the group of amazing ladies that we have. Hope. All is welll.

Hello Denny.

My sister is doing well on the chemo and is. Nearing her first set of scans. So the scanxiety is setting in for her. And it breaks my heart. I know how it feels. We all know how it feels. I have to scan in April. I'm on yearly scans now. With my gastrointestinal issues I had an extra one in July. But it was more reassuring results of stability. Which was good. I was so thankful. I hope everyone is ok and ankles are healing. Candy ~ you're on my mind sweet woman.

• chicagoan
    chicagoan Member Posts: 1,040

Goldens,

Best wishes for your surgery tomorrow. I hope it goes smoothly and that you will soon be on the road to recovery.

• cookie54
    cookie54 Member Posts: 827

Wow what an amazing ,talented and courageous group of women. I always following along but just had to say how much I love seeing the crafts, paintings, pictures and projects on here. It makes me feel good to see everyone is pushing through as best we can and trying to make the most of things.

Candy- I'm glad to see you got your hair done. I always feel a little better when I do something for myself and I hope you did too. Hoping the fevers subside soon.

Mel- glad to hear your sister is doing well on chemo. Yes, the scanxiety is real! I just recently had my first stage 4 scan and breathed a sigh of relief with no progression. I'm trying not to live from scan to scan every 3 months, working on it. Glad your scans were stable.

Goldens- Good luck with surgery and positive thoughts that healing is on the way.

sfcakes- Thinking of you and your husband.

Big hello to everyone else in Mel's living room!

• livingivlife
    livingivlife Member Posts: 454

Mara- it sounds like you had a good time out with your friend. I really like the Port Stanley area.

Goldens- best wishes for the surgery tomorrow with a speedy recovery of the pain you have been going through

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,923

I'm having a little anxiety about my scan on Wed. I booked a haircut for afterwards. And a visit with my friend.

• mara51506

Goldens, good luck with your upcoming surgery, in your pocket.

Candy, I am glad you are doing other things despite the fever. I am hoping it will subside soon.

Mel, I am glad to hear your sister is doing well on the chemo, in your pocket and her pocket for scans sending support for her scanxiety.

• Kikomoon
    Kikomoon Member Posts: 358

Wrenn- in your pocket for upcoming scans. Goldens- in yours too for surgery. Also in Mel and your sister's for her upcoming scan.

Mae-funny photos of pups and great pics of you and your she shed.

Mara- glad you got out with your friend to see the autumn colors and could help someone too

Tanya- beautiful photos of you and the ladies, and the wee one too.

Elderberry- what a project! So pretty.

Iwrite-congrats on the book!

Candy- I hear you on the "to hell with it" attitude on these phantom health mysteries the health professionals don't feel any urgency to solve for us. I hope fevers go away soon.

There are at LEAST 10 other wonderful friends who have been in Mel's cozy living room in the last week and I have read every word, good time and bad times and chill times. Wishing us all a good week.

• seeq
    seeq Member Posts: 1,166

Sign me up for pocket duty for scans - wrenn, Mel's sister, and anyone else

Goldens - in your pocket for surgery tomorrow

Candy - I'm glad you're feeling well enough to get out a bit. The haircut had to feel good. I hope you're PCP appt finds a solution for the dang fevers.

Waving hi to our new folks, old folks, and lurkers

• booboo1
    booboo1 Member Posts: 1,196

Goldens,

You have certainly had a time with all that you’ve been through. I know the feeling too…like your body is betraying you. I wish you great success on your surgery tomorrow, and will pray for a quick recovery.

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,167

Got PCP appointment bumped up to today. Spoke with MO nurse yesterday and she said if we don't get a handle on the fevers, MO wants to admit me to hospital. I will see what PCP has to say today and report back to MO.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,545

Hello to all you inspirational women!

Chiming in to let you know we've added an additional zoom meetup for people with MBC, as they have become so popular:

STARTS TODAY! Tuesdays, 5:30 PM PT (8:30 PM ET)

Register Here and looking forward to seeing you later.

The 4 virtual meetups for MBC are: Mondays at 2:00 PM EST, Tuesdays at 8:30 PM EST (NEW!), and Wednesdays at 4:00 PM EST) AND for YOUNG (under 45) Thursdays at 1:00 PM EST.

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,708

Count me in for pocket duty too 😁

Lazy day today. It’s 43 degrees and drizzling. I’m enjoying hot coffee and French toast that wonderful DH made, then it’s back under the electric blanket for me.

• mara51506

Candy, so glad you are being seen, hopefully the hospital is not needed but if it gets you to being fever free, it would be worth it. In your pocket of course and with you in my thoughts all the way.

Not sure my other post came up so will try again.

It is cold and drizzly here too, probably no outdoor stuff unless the rain stops. I have been walking, 15 mins treadmill and small marching walks to my music. Got started with this song that inspires me when I feel crappy or depressed. Makes me feel like I can do more.

• mara51506

Mods, the site is giving me some weird securi error, access denied when I try to edit one of my posts. Hoping this goes through.

• moderators

mara51506,

We have reported your security error. We will let you know what we learn.

The Mods

• mara51506

Thank you, as you can tell with my posts following, they are working. I just prefer to edit an existing post rather than add a new post if I am updating info related to my previous post given my propensity toward verbal or in this case, typed diarrhea. Happy

• sondraf
    sondraf Member Posts: 1,679

Candy - while no one wants to end up in the hospital, if it means they can sort that out for you I guess you have to. I hope PCP maybe can come through with a solution.

Goldens - guess you are out on the other side now and while recovery can seem long, itll be over before you know it! Take care of yourself!

Weather here has been fantastic - mid to upper 60s and a warm sun. Ive gotten a grip on the work situation and am focusing on managing stress. We also booked two days away to a spa weekend after next, so looking forward to going to a different part of the country and laying around in a bathrobe. Thursday its MY turn for a haircut and looking forward to a bit of pampering and having the house to myself as OH is going into the office :)

• 50sgirl
    50sgirl Member Posts: 2,071

Lots of people are getting haircuts. I haven't had a haircut for years due to chemo hair loss. Recent radiation caused the loss of the itty bit of peach fuzz I had. Now I have a shiny head that rub lotion on and wear comfy soft chemo capsi guess I have the ultimate haircut. Hahaha. No biggie to me.

• seeq
    seeq Member Posts: 1,166

50s - I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who gets messed up by predictive text. Lol

• goldensrbest
    goldensrbest Member Posts: 722

Friends - thank you so much for all your thoughts and support. I’m still on the waiting end. Surgery is scheduled for 3:30. I’m starting to get very hungry

• 50sgirl
    50sgirl Member Posts: 2,071

Seeq, hahah. I really should have proofread that one. I can’t stop laughing

• Rosie24
    Rosie24 Member Posts: 1,026

Goldens—in your pocket too !

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,050

available for pocket duty! My sister has her pet scan Tomm …so she’s a mess. I’m loaded with caramel apples. Love to all.

• moderators

We too, taking pocket duty, today, tomorrow and every day !!!

Reminder, if you are interested, we have a virtual (zoom) meetup happening in 25 minutes if you want to meet others who are in similar shoes. Join if you would like here: https://zoom.us/meeting/87236345561?occurrence=166...