Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Lita57

Options

Comments

• Bliss58
    Bliss58 Member Posts: 938
    Options

Lita, thinking of you this Sunday morning. Having an only DD, I can imagine her reaction to such news like your DD; so hard. Holding you and your family in my thoughts every day with everything crossed for good news and hope from the RO. Hugs.

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,775
    Options

Lita,

Is that Dr. Benjamin Fisch in Santa Clara?

Caryn

• babs6287
    babs6287 Member Posts: 1,619
    Options

Lita Im so glad you're exploring other options. You are truly an inspiration with your wonderful attitude and take charge style.

Hoping you find a good option soon,

Babs

• oriole
    oriole Member Posts: 18
    Options

Lita, I am so happy to read that you are going to meet with a neuro onc. Is this a Kaiser doctor? I am asking because, when my mets were initially found, my local onc sent me to Stanford for a 2nd opinion. I am not Kaiser, but my insurance paid for the 2nd opinion consult. I have had another friend go to UCSF for a 2nd opinion. Are either of these options for you? While I chose to stay with my local onc, I have always known that I might go back there if the situation warranted it.

What a miserably hot weekend. Just awful! It just has to break soon...

I so admire your fighting spirt. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Oriole

• lalady1
    lalady1 Member Posts: 530
    Options

Lita - this MRI is messing with your Hawaii plans. :( Second opinion all the way- and love your sense of humor and zest for life. Please keep us posted on your decisions. You have many followers here.

• iwrite
    iwrite Member Posts: 746
    Options

Lita,

The neuro-onc opinion is a great idea! Meanwhile, a little pampering is in order. Hope the dizziness goes away with some help from low dose steroid.

• Lita57
    Lita57 Member Posts: 2,338
    Options

exbrn...YES, Dr. Fisch is based in Santa Clara, but he comes up to Hayward a couple of times a week to consult. I wrote that we could go down to his Santa Clara office and see him if it would make this all go faster.

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,775
    Options

Lita,

He was my RO! I loved him. I had rads to the met on my upper femur. He also set me up with my current mo after I said I didn't think the mo I had been seeing was a good fit for me. Best of luck

• annoyingboob
    annoyingboob Member Posts: 459
    Options

My ro was dr marc Rounsaville at cpmc in sf, in case you need another name.

Take good care of yourself with your headaches and dizziness on that long drive. We are all cheering for you and surrounding you with peace and love, no matter what the outcome. We are with you. And if your family needs us, we are here for them as well.

Xo

• mab60
    mab60 Member Posts: 365
    Options

hi Lita, one of your silent followers here! Your posts have always been an inspiration to me. I want you to know you are on my mind and I am praying for you. From what I see here it certainly appears you are an inspiration not only to me but to many!

Mary Anne

• Lily55
    Lily55 Member Posts: 1,748
    Options

Hi Lita

I am no expert and am just repeating what I have been told.  I have started taking full spectrum CBD/THC oil from a reputable dispensat, what they said is if you have active cáncer then take máximum high doses for two MONTHS that may mean you are pretty much out of it and sleeping a lot but that is the most effective way to use cannabis oil when you have active cáncer and this regime has the best results....

I hope it helps you in some way to find your own path through this

• dlb823
    dlb823 Member Posts: 2,701
    Options

Lita, like all the wonderful women here who love you, I am devastated by your news. I'm so sorry. Unfortunately, your current dx is very much like what another mbc friend who you and others on the Bone Mets thread may remember as Hindsfeet is dealing with. I'm mentioning this because she just shared on FB today about a new holistic tx she is planning to pursue that combines Artemisia with high dose Vitamin C. I don't know anything about it -- never heard of it until now -- but I am going to PM you what she wrote about it in the hopes that it might be worth looking into.

Continuing to lift you up in prayer, Lita. Deanna

• Vevs
    Vevs Member Posts: 81
    Options

Lita, when I first posted you were one of the first to reach out and offer support. For that I will always be grateful.

I am not the most gifted when it comes to articulating feelings however I am thinking of you, I am hopeful that there will be more positive options available and whatever life throws at you I am comforted that you are surrounded by a loving family who adore you.

Much love

Elen xxxx

• Freya
    Freya Member Posts: 329
    Options

Hi Lita, letting you know you are in my thoughts. Hug

• chico
    chico Member Posts: 189
    Options

Dear Lita. So many people have written to support you at this dreadful time bothfor you and your family. They have taken the time to do this and in some cases have done research and offered advice because they care and you are much loved and admired on this forum. Once again in the face of devastating news you have grabbed the bull by the horns and are looking to try and turn things around. You recently had a fun trip away, a new patio and a family party which are not only great memories but I am sure give you great reason to continue the battle of and for your life. You have your wonderful DH and DD who obviously love and need you. Your beautiful rescue bulldog also needs you and we need you. Yes we all have to exit sometime but every day that you are still here is a good one for the world. Good luck dear lady.

• ade
    ade Member Posts: 720
    Options

Lita our whole church prayed for you and your family this morning.

Praying now too for wisdom from Above for your physician teams.

Love you,

Ade

• openmind
    openmind Member Posts: 17
    Options

Lita, I am another silent admirer. I've followed your posts for some time and love your irreverent wit, deeply caring nature and the way you rock a hat. I was devastated to hear about your MRI results, and truly hope there are some viable, acceptable options available to you. Please know whatever you decide to do, you always have my full love, admiration and support.

• cure-ious
    cure-ious Member Posts: 2,739
    Options

OK, Lita, I see where everyone jumped over here. And that you are in California. If you are interested in Abemcyclib (Ibrance relative that works well on brain mets), there is a trial going on at UCSF, John Wayne, and City of Hope: http://clinicaltrials.ucsf.edu/trial/NCT02308020 - there are a lot of exclusions, but its might be worth checking out.

Addding immunotherapy helps Abemcyclib (in mice), and for that, here is a trial at UCSF for Abemaciclib with Keytruda: https://clinicaltrials.gov/show/NCT02779751?link_t...

You are an amazing soul who has faced the worst news without completely collapsing, and its an awesome thing to see your incredible strength and bravery at this moment!! Big hugs!!!!!!

• cure-ious
    cure-ious Member Posts: 2,739
    Options

It might be that you would need to go ahead with the WBR before starting the trial, I can't tell.

On the other hand, the fact that you did not previously try Ibrance would seem to be in your favor for this trial..

• pajim
    pajim Member Posts: 930
    Options

Dear Lita, We're here. If you want to get second, third, whatever opinions, we're here to support you. If you want to say 'no mas' and stop treatments, we're here to support you in that too.

You can call hospice even whilst you are trying to decide what the options are and whether you wish to pursue any of them. They can give you advice on how to manage symptoms and medications. I hope the RO has some options for you.

You'll make the right decision. Why? Because whatever you decide is right for you and your family.

Sending hugs to you and especially to your husband and daughter.

• faith-840
    faith-840 Member Posts: 926
    Options

Lita, you are in my constant prayers. You are such an inspiration to me and everyone here who has ever read your posts. You have such amazing strength, I am in awe. My our dear Lord give you the wisdom and strength you need at this difficult time and comfort your family as you go through this terrible trial. We all know there are miracles everyday and yours could be on the way right now.

Sending love and prayers to you and your family

• Kandy
    Kandy Member Posts: 424
    Options

Good evening Lita, I hope that some of the shock is starting to wear off and your mind is becoming more clear as to what you want to do. Your determination and strength amazes all of us. I know you will think this through and make the best decision. If attitude has anything to do with fighting cancer, I believe you have already won. You hang in there, there is a lot of people following you on this thread, that should let you know how amazing you are. Lifting you up in prayer.

• zarovka
    zarovka Member Posts: 2,959
    Options

Heart

>Z<

• Casun19
    Casun19 Member Posts: 77
    Options

Hi Lita,

I just wanted to pop in and say I was thinking about you today 💕 You were one of the first people to reach out to me when I joined this lovely group last year.

You are strong and an inspiration to many. Keep formulating that plan. Good luck at the doctor.

• Dianarose
    Dianarose Member Posts: 1,951
    Options

Lita- I don't know where you keep pulling this amazing strength from. You are an inspiration to us alll and we are all praying and pulling for you. We love you Lita!

• DorothyFromKansas
    Options

Lita--I am new here but wanted to add my hand to the pyramid already holding yours in support. You are among my favorites I look to first for knowledge, inspiration, and bold reality, and obviously I am not alone. "Everything is possible for one who believes," seems was written just for you. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

• bestbird
    bestbird Member Posts: 232
    Options

Lita, sending you good thoughts along with encouragement for obtaining a second and possibly even a third opinion. If you feel up to it, please have a look at the Abemaciclib clinical trial that cure-ious mentioned. It penetrates the blood brain barrier and appears promising.

Also, I'd be happy to forward you (and others) a complimentary copy of my MBC Guide, which contains extensive info about standard therapies as well as cutting edge research. Please feel free to visit this link for requesting it: https://community.breastcancer.org/forum/8/topics/831507?page=3#idx_76

Joining the chorus in sending support and prayers!

• AmyQ
    AmyQ Member Posts: 821
    Options

Lita, I am so very sorry to hear this terrible progression news. I will add you to my nightly prayers in hopes that your next treatment(s) have a huge impact and get you back to remission.

Kandy, how thoughtful of you. You are a very kind soul and I hope your news continues to be great.

Amy

• momallthetime
    momallthetime Member Posts: 1,375
    Options

Lita i left you a message on the other thread. You sweetie are so loved by so many. Great great idea to hear an expert in the brain area to consult with. Rads could help a lot with so many lesions. And it does depend on where they are and maybe the one causing the vision issues could def be helped, we went through this. Ginormous hugs, your DD at least is letting it out, it's hard to see but may be helpful in the long run.

Related image

Better expressed.

Kandy good job!!

• Beverly11
    Beverly11 Member Posts: 17
    Options

Thank you Kandy for starting this thread. Lita is such an active contributor, poster and uplifter.

Lita - my only suggestion is to keep all doors open. God has a plan. The medical system can only give us a statistic. So happy that you are getting another opinion. Doctors can tell us what they 'think' or predict will happen based on past patients but you are an individual with your own story. God is especially fond of you. Praying for you and your DH and DD. Hugs,