Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Lita57

Options

Comments

• BabyRuth
    BabyRuth Member Posts: 107
    Options

Prayers for you Lita that you make the decisions that are right for you. I can not imagine trying to navigate the road that you are on. Hugs to you and your family and know that we are all here supporting you.

• kachincolor
    kachincolor Member Posts: 62
    Options

Dear Lita, Thank you for your compassion, wit and great sense of humor. Thank you for being so candid about your journey--a beacon to your fellow travelers. I support you in whatever decisions you make for your wellbeing and I will keep you in my prayers as you face this devastating news.

WIth love and hope,

Kimberly

• Lita57
    Lita57 Member Posts: 2,338
    Options

Well, I fell down this afternoon while attempting to pull a few weeds. Just out of no where.

That's not good. Broke my frickin' glasses to boot.

What does this mean?

Is He trying to tell me something? I DID NOT lose consciousness. I called out to dd and dh. They pulled me up to spare my back. We'll see what Tomorrow brings.

Not a good day...hell, I took the damn steroids too.

• Lita57
    Options

p.s. forehead and nose pretty beat up.

• Kjones13
    Kjones13 Member Posts: 662
    Options

lita--I'm so sorry to hear the brain mets news. And good grief, falling too! I'm so so sorry! I have no advice. Only prayers for you to find the answers your heart desires! And to be safe!

• bigbhome
    bigbhome Member Posts: 721
    Options

Lita, I'm here, by your side, giving you as much support as you need. I know you will make the right decisions for you!

Hugs and prayers

Claudia

• Groovywilma
    Groovywilma Member Posts: 47
    Options

Lita,

This news really sucks! I'm so sorry to hear that you have to go through this. Sending you strength to take things one day at a time and I hope that you find some good options. Prayers for you and your family.

• Kandy
    Kandy Member Posts: 424
    Options

Lita, I'm not sure falling is trying to tell you anything. I'm impressed that you are able to pull weeds and feel like doing it. You are amazing. Just keep an open mind and explore your options. Get a second opinion and see what someone else thinks, and go from there. I really am sorry you fell though. Stay safe and hang in there. Hugs and prayers coming your way.

• annoyingboob
    annoyingboob Member Posts: 459
    Options

plus, there has been a big heatwave, so be sure to stay hydrated!! Don't get mad at yourself - Those brain mets want you toppling over with every movement. It's amazing you are as active as you are! Just be careful with big changes in position bc that may be triggering more vertigo. Slow and steady my friend. You have hundreds of us to help lift you up. Xxxooo

• annoyingboob
    annoyingboob Member Posts: 459
    Options

plus, there has been a big heatwave, so be sure to stay hydrated!! Don't get mad at yourself - Those brain mets want you toppling over with every movement. It's amazing you are as active as you are! Just be careful with big changes in position bc that may be triggering more vertigo. Slow and steady my friend. You have hundreds of us to help lift you up. Xxxooo

• momallthetime
    momallthetime Member Posts: 1,375
    Options

Lita DAMN!!! Can't wait to see your new glasses, Jackie O' calls out to you- something marvelous!!! You deserve it. Maybe this will catapult you right on the Neuro Onco's lap!!! Let us know. Accept some TLC from these wonderful souls you have at hand.

Heart

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,132
    Options

Lita, I too am sorry about the fall. I too am glad that your neuro onc appt is coming up. Hopefully the steroids are alleviating your headaches and dizziness and that you were able to titrate up to a full dose to speed up the decrease in brain swelling. Breaking the glasses sucks but like momatt says, you can look for fabulous frames.

• bigbhome
    bigbhome Member Posts: 721
    Options

Lita, I can't believe you were out pulling weeds, I feel like such a slacker now. I'm sorry you fell, but it was probably the heat.

I am with you today on your journey to get more answers. Lifting you up with prayer! Please let us know when you here something.

Hugs and prayers

Claudia

• Wiegp22
    Wiegp22 Member Posts: 167
    Options

Lira,

Been praying for you, I hope all goes well, chin up and keep my moving forward, there are a lot of treatments so don't give up and all the best to you and your family.

Paula.

• vancouverdeb
    vancouverdeb Member Posts: 30
    Options

Hi Lita - thanks for the morning smile - glad you're pulling out weeds! Have fun getting new glasses today? Thinking of youMedicating

• cive
    cive Member Posts: 265
    Options

Lita, thanks for the laugh!  I'm sorry, but that's what I did because I could so picture it.  With your luck, when you go into get your new glasses, hopefully they won't think you're being abused.  And yes kudos for being out there in the first place.Shocked

• 70charger
    70charger Member Posts: 591
    Options

Good luck today. U r in my thoughts & prayers.

• zarovka
    zarovka Member Posts: 2,959
    Options

Hang in there Lita. I believe you have a strategy/plan to get through this but the next few months are probably going to s@#K. Take gentle care of yourself.

>Z<

• Lita57
    Options

I'm going to tell them that my "second" husband, Mr. Cancer, punched me in the nose!

I have shiners around my eyes now. BOO!!

• 70charger
    70charger Member Posts: 591
    Options

You've transformed into a raccoon!

• iwrite
    iwrite Member Posts: 746
    Options

Lita,

Stupid weeds! I hear that falling over is less likely during shopping or lunch with friends than during yard work.

Hoping the new "look" will give the neuro onc some great new ideas for effective treatment:) Maybe he can tie up Mr C for awhile

Looking forward to seeing the new glasses frames!

Thinking of you today.

• pajim
    pajim Member Posts: 930
    Options

Maybe they can put your second husband in jail for smacking you in the face! Of course that would have to be after you convince them that husband #1 didn't do it.

Stay cool!

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 9,877
    Options

Lita~I am sorry that you fell. I can't believe that you were out there weeding! I am speechless! I am just so glad that you weren't hurt more. Hang in there strong lady. One day at a time. Thinking of you! ~M~

• Beverly11
    Beverly11 Member Posts: 17
    Options

Oh Lita. Your joke about your second husband punching you. You are so witty. I echo Kandy. Also the stress of all of this, so much on your mind, no words to describe. Could be many reasons for falling. Our minds take us places we don't need to go. This disease is such a mind craze. Speak kind thoughts to yourself. You are strong, beautiful, funny, intelligent, loving. Peaceful thoughts only. Stress is so bad for all of us. Hugs,

• PattyPeppermint
    PattyPeppermint Member Posts: 8,950
    Options

Lita. Ouch to your fall. Really glad it was on your glasses that got broke. Glad you are staying busy pulling weeds. Just like you to get busy instead of climbing in hole. Thinking of you

• cling
    cling Member Posts: 263
    Options

ChellG proposed in bone mets thread that we do the following for Lita:

Ladies, there is power in numbers,right? I was thinking that we could light a candle or pray,meditate..... whatever your thing may be all at the same time. Say next Sunday at 7:00 Pacific or Litas time. Let's show this wonderful lady how much we hope love and care for her!!!! Light for Lita!!! Any suggestions???

Lita responded and thought it is a good idea, Let's do it, on the coming Sunday at 7:00 pm pacific time, lit a candle, say the prayers your way, and send pics of candles, or toast of champagne/ wine/ bubbling water to celebrate with Lita.

Lita, we love you!💗💗.

• Lita57
    Options

Thank you ladies...you've brought tears to my eyes.

Today was very busy: lots of phone calls, ordering replacement glasses, trying to get Family Medical Leave and other paperwork started, going to pick up Rx's, and live support group.

Tomorrow promises to be just as busy. Radiology emailed me, and they will "try" to get me squeezed in for a consult tomorrow. They're even willing to discuss an Ommaya reservoir brain implant to get chemo to the brain. It's going to be another LONG, HARD fight, but the thought of all your candles, toasts, and prayers shining for me is keeping my spirits up.

Looks like I'm going to HAVE to keep taking the steroids for a while. Another dr is going to call in sleep meds for me. Gonna have to be honest with them about the MM use. Cannabis is the only thing keeping from going totally batsh@! crazy.

I promise to have more news tomorrow. I hope it will be "uplifiting." I need to catch a break. These last four days have been brutal!

• PattyPeppermint
    PattyPeppermint Member Posts: 8,950
    Options

Thinking of you today Lita. I think it's a good idea for everyone not just stage iv to have our funeral bag ready. Anything can happen leaving families to deal with it when they should just be able to mourn and comfort each other.

• babs6287
    babs6287 Member Posts: 1,619
    Options

cling- great idea!

Lita i can't believe you were gardening!!!! I loved your explanation that it's husband #2. We all hate that husband of yours! Thinking of you today

Babs

• cling
    cling Member Posts: 263
    Options

Oh, it is ChelleG's great idea. I just reposted here without her permission (sorry! But it indeed is a great idea.