Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Lita57

Options

Comments

• Dianarose
    Dianarose Member Posts: 1,951
    Options

I see the mo on Wednesday and this needs to get resolved. I don’t want to spend the last of my days suffering in bed. It’s bad enough being weak and unstable. I have some oil. Don’t really like it but it’s worth a try. Now to find it. Can’t remember things anymore . I went down hill so fast. The radiation killed my taste buds. Hope they come back soon. Nothing taste tigh

• Lita57
    Lita57 Member Posts: 2,338
    Options

Your taste buds will come back, but it will take time.

L

• Dianarose
    Options

thanks for the information Lita. The cancer Center just called and they doubled my pain medication. Thank God. How long did it take before you started to feel better from the radiation. My head doesn’t feel right. So out of sorts

• Lita57
    Options

It took a couple of weeks and lots of prayers and lighting candles. I still have that grey/black spot in my vision, and the odd headache, but I'm lucky to still be here.

My legs are getting very weak....could be leptomeningeal mets. We'll see when I get my next brain scan in a couple of months.

L

• Dianarose
    Options

Lita- I’m so weak the dog knocked me down. Just my pride was hurt. I couldn’t get myself out of the car today. Head is starting to hurt so just took two more pain pills. Son came over and cooked us a nice meal. Everything tastes terrible. Bought a recliner today to sleep in. Seems I wake up in pain everyday so hubby thought if I wasn’t so flat it might help. Got through the day without a nap which is big for me.
  • molliefish
    molliefish Member Posts: 650
    Options

Lita and Diana, I love you both. Pray for you, send you strength and love every day.

• Dianarose
    Options

Lita- are these headaches from radiation the normal. I was not warned about them.

• Lita57
    Options

Not sure they're really the norm...they are related to the TWENTY brain mets I have.

L

• Dianarose
    Options

Lita- sucks you are going through all this too. I start immune therapy again on Wednesday. I pray it works. My cancer is in the fluid between the brain and skull. A lot of pressure. My head feels like it’s in a fish bowl. I did have a positive today. On the way to the cancer center I did not have double vision. First time in a month. Did you get some of your strength back

• Mominator
    Mominator Member Posts: 1,173
    Options

Sending a special surge of love and prayers to Lita and Dianarose today. 

• Ihopeg
    Ihopeg Member Posts: 92
    Options
    Prayers and hugs girls.
  • momallthetime
    momallthetime Member Posts: 1,375
    Options

Lita waving to you.

Dianarose so sorry you are going through such a hard time. Hope you feel better soon.

• Lita57
    Options

HappyGood to hear from you, Mom.

• Dianarose
    Options

Lita-every time I see you post it makes me happy. Gives me hope. Fell trying to get up the stairs again yesterday. Legs just gave out. Couldn’t get in the truck without hubby lifting me. I guess we will be taking the car from now on. Sleeping in the recliner seems to be helping. I do miss the bed but not the pain

• Lita57
    Options

Forgive me for shameless, self-promotion, but as my body really starts to deteriorate/decay, I'm very happy that the Lord kept me alive long enough to finish the third book in my Bulldog trilogy, despite my diminishing eyesight, etc. We're having the book launch party in November, and an award-winning cake maker is making a special, 3-D Bulldog cake for the event.

Thanks to all of you for keeping me in prayer all of these months. As you know, I was NOT expected to survive this long (because the cancer has spread to my brain, more bone groups, and more organs), but by God's grace, I was finally able to finish my third and final book. Bullmina the Courageous Bulldog Comes Home is the final book in the Bulldog trilogy. Readers don't need to have read the first two books in order to enjoy this last installment.

More than 130 years have passed since Trevor Sheffield, Lisette St. Germaine, Matthew Connors, and their friends said goodbye to the Duke of Chathamworthshire's first Bullmina in London and embarked on new adventures. We are now in Redwood City, California, home to Carey Evers and her dysfunctional parents. Carey's grandparents' family has a history of raising Bulldogs, but Carey's abusive father, Hank, refuses to let Carey adopt even a rescue dog. Carey's grandmother, the indefatigable Nonna Beppa, is the only person keeping Carey sane until Bobbi Weinberg and her family move in with a station wagon full of champion and rescue English Bulldogs.

Carey and Bobbi become fast friends, bonding over the dogs. Even Carey's mentally ill mother, Liz, finds new motivation to live while helping Bobbi's mother, Lyndsey, take care of the new litters and tend to the rescue Bulldogs.

Unfortunately, tragedy strikes twice. Liz comes down with a catastrophic illness, and Hank is convicted of felony vehicular manslaughter. With the help of Bobbi's father, Dr. Josh Weinberg, and both Lyndsey and Bobbi, Carey must navigate these uncertain waters and build a new future. She discovers that her life and Bobbi's are more intricately tied together than she could ever have imagined, bringing new conflicts that threaten to tear both families apart until the unconditional love of an abandoned rescue Bulldog saves the day, and Bullmina's legacy lives on for more generations to come.

This book also includes a bonus short story about an irresistible Siberian Husky named Payasito (Little Clown).

If anyone is interested in a signed book, please PM me because I realize this is not a "self-promotional" site, and I apologize if I have offended anyone, and I will delete it if it has.

L

• ARTEXASQT
    ARTEXASQT Member Posts: 9
    Options

Lita, what an amazing woman you are! I would be honored to purchase a copy of the signed trilogy set. If you write anything like you post...it should be a wonderful read!

Misty

• Dianarose
    Options

I would be honored to have one of your books. Let me know how much and where to send the money. Hopefully my eyes will start to clear up enough to read it. You are amazing

• iwrite
    iwrite Member Posts: 746
    Options

Congratulations Lita! So thrilled that you successfully completed the trilogy. It is a lot of work! Are they going to be available on Amazon?

Your eyes may feel better now that your keyboard time is less. Another legacy for a wonderful woman

• Maire67
    Maire67 Member Posts: 418
    Options

Congratulations, Lita. You are such an inspiration (as I drag myself around.). Title...amazon? Good for you.. how many times can I say Amazing Lita. You could never offend anyone. Keeping you in my prayers. Mair

• MJHJAN1014
    MJHJAN1014 Member Posts: 622
    Options

thinking of you Lita and Dianarose-holding you two in the light

Lita-congratulations on the books-what a marvelous thing!

love, mary jane

• wam
    wam Member Posts: 98
    Options

Lita, your books are amazing. I can't wait to see them. You are such a talented lady! Thank you for sharing with us!

• Lita57
    Options

What a wonderful response!!!!

Thank you ladies so much. For people who want autographed copies, I will be sending those out after the first wk of November (I have to make sure I have enough book stock for the launch party first Smile).

And yes, the books are available on Amazon, also as e-books for people who'd prefer that format.

Thanks again,

L

• wam
    wam Member Posts: 98
    Options

Oh and Lita, bully for you!

• Dianarose
    Options

Lita- have you tried immune therapy yet?
  • nancyd
    nancyd Member Posts: 557
    Options

Lita,

I started reading in this thread about your novels without wearing my reading glasses (I don't always have them nearby). I read the title of your book as "Bullemia The Courageous Dog Come Home."

I laughed after I put my glasses on to check the title.

• Lita57
    Options

They totally ran out of Pepperidge Farm pumpkin cheesecake cookies at the store, so I made my own pumpkin cheesecake instead....haven't made one in years.

The mini ones I made with the extra batter tasted pretty good, too ;>).

• Lita57
    Options

BTW...it's a MARBLE style cheesecake.

L

• sandibeach57
    sandibeach57 Member Posts: 1,387
    Options

So...you write books, bake cheesecakes and travel to National Parks. You have set the bar pretty high for me.

By the way, is the chemo working to shrink those brain mets?

• Lita57
    Options

Of the 20 I have, the last MRI showed some have gotten a little smaller. The 2nd largest one has gotten bigger, tho.

I'm trying not to dwell on it too much or I'll go crazy. I'm just glad I'm still here to bake and do a little limited traveling by car. I am NOT supposed to do any flying because if the cabin loses pressure, it wouldn't be good at all for the brain tumors.

L

• margaritams
    margaritams Member Posts: 183
    Options

Lita, congratulations on the completion of your latest book! And that pumpkin cheesecake looks and sounds delicious. You continue to amaze and inspire!