Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Lita57

Options

Comments

• pajim
    pajim Member Posts: 930
    Options

Lita that look really good. I'm too full to appreciate it.

Mike, Congratulations!!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

• Lita57
    Lita57 Member Posts: 2,338
    Options

Pumpkin cheesecake for dessert...crust is made from ginger snaps. I added extra cinnamon and cloves cuz I like mine w.some zip.

I'm sorry for those of you who are uncomfortably stuffed...i made sure to save some room for dessert 😉

• lekker
    lekker Member Posts: 238
    Options

Wow Lita! Would you be willing to share the recipe for the cheesecake? My husband has been asking me to make one and I’d love a good recipe to try.

• sandibeach57
    sandibeach57 Member Posts: 1,387
    Options

You definitely put my corn pudding (which no one ate) to shame. Next time lasagna and cheesecake, Lita style.

• Maire67
    Maire67 Member Posts: 418
    Options

Wow Lita I can smell that lasagna and I’m hungry. Ginger snap crust...brilliant. ThankfuL for many things this year especially your inspiration to keep living the life I have. Blessings to you and your family. Mair

• Lita57
    Options

Here's the recipe, ladies...

Pumpkin Cheesecake with Ginger Snap Crust

Crust:

HEAT OVEN TO 350

2 cups crushed ginger snaps (grind in food processor, and I used slightly more ginger snaps to cover the bottom of the pan)

3 Tablespoons brown sugar

6 tablespoons melted, unsalted butter (I used almost 8 tablespoons because of low humidity)

¼ teas ground ginger

¼ teas cinnamon

Combine all crust ingredients in food processor and pulse until crumbly. Press mixture in the bottom of a 10-inch spring form pan with a Pyrex ramekin at least 1 inch up the side of the pan (it only went up 1 inch). Wrap the bottom with 1 or 2 large sheets of foil to keep mixture from leaking out. Bake 10 to 15 minutes in the middle of the oven until you can smell the ginger snaps. Remove from oven and turn oven down to 325.

Filling:

3 packages softened cream cheese at room temperature

¾ cup brown sugar

¾ cup regular sugar

1 can pumpkin puree

1 teas cinnamon

1 teas ginger

½ teas nutmeg

1/8 to ¼ teas cloves

1/8 teas allspice

1-2 teas vanilla (to taste)

5 large eggs – at room temperature

Mix cream cheese in a bowl until on low until no more lumps remain. Add both sugars and spices and mix. Add vanilla and pumpkin. TASTE FOR SEASONING. Adjust by adding more spices if necessary. Beat in eggs ONE AT A TIME.

Pour into spring form pan. Bake on rack in oven for 65 to 75 minutes. Using a meat thermometer, the temperature taken from 1 inch inside of the cake pan should be 170, and the center should still be a TINY bit wobbly. Depending on your oven, it may take longer, so add another 10 to 15 minutes and check it again. Some people like their cheesecake a little more done (at about 180-185. Turn off the oven and prop the door open using oven mitts, and let it come to room temperature. This should take 60 to 90 minutes. About half way through cooling (or sooner if you see condensation), place a piece of paper towel over the top of the pan and then a piece of foil to help trap any moisture from forming on top of the cake. (I didn't have to do this because of low humidity)

Place cheesecake in the refrigerator for AT LEAST 4 HOURS. Best if refrigerated overnight. It will be very light and velvety. :o). Top with whipped cream and grated nutmeg.

• jensgotthis
    jensgotthis Member Posts: 671
    Options

yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

• Mominator
    Mominator Member Posts: 1,173
    Options

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, 

I'm going to try making Lita's Pumpkin Cheesecake with Ginger Snap Crust

• Bliss58
    Bliss58 Member Posts: 938
    Options

Yum, yum! Thanks for the cheesecake recipe, Lita. It there's two things my daughter loves, it's pumpkin and cheesecake, so I must try making this. I just don't know how you do it all, lady, you are amazing. Gentle hugs, and hoping your achy back is not worse.

Mike, that is just awesome news you delivered. So glad to hear the Havalen has worked!

Already another December. And so it goes...

• Lita57
    Options

My legacy tree:

Just placed this lovely "Fat Albert Bruce Spruce" on hold. It will be delivered Thursday a.m. We will deorate it inside, and then it will be planted after the holidays in our backyard as a gift to my DH and DD. I've always wanted one of these trees (and they ain't cheap, believe me). It will live for many years after I'm gone and will grow to over 10 feet in height.

• pingpong1953
    pingpong1953 Member Posts: 274
    Options

What a beauty!

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,103
    Options

Oh Lita what a wonderful idea. My parents planted one years ago in their home on the Peninsula. They are gone. The house is gone. The tree lives on!!!

• Mominator
    Options

O how lovely!

What a thoughtful gift to DH and DD.

I hope you get some time to enjoy the tree as well. 

Madelyn 

• Beatmon
    Beatmon Member Posts: 617
    Options

My planted Christmas tree is taller than my house...it is 35 years old and is beaut

• iwrite
    iwrite Member Posts: 746
    Options

Lovely tree Lita. It will bring a lot of joy to your family. I loved the photo of the Grand Canyon, too. I hope you were able to be comfortable much of the time.

Brain MRI for me too (this week). I hope they find some good news ideas in there. More than a little jumpy. Hope you get good news. We love you

• annoyingboob
    annoyingboob Member Posts: 459
    Options

love it lita! Can you share what company you ordered it from? Merriest of holiday seasons to you!!

• Lita57
    Options

We have a wonderful nursery in our little town. We bought it there.

L

• sandibeach57
    Options

Has anyone heard from Dianarose?

• SheliaMarie
    SheliaMarie Member Posts: 284
    Options

Sandi, I just looked up DianaRose. She hasn’t posted since November 25, but she was active in here six hours ago.

• Lita57
    Options

It's not quite done yet...still a couple spots in back and lower branches to go, but my back really started hurting...

This is the first time I've done a tree w,white lights and only glass ornaments.

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 9,893
    Options

Sandi~I talked to her yesterday. She’s resting and continually fighting and spending time with her DH. I text her everyday.. I’m sure she’s reading !

Hello Lita. Loved your tree. Such a great idea. 🌲🎄

• sandibeach57
    Options

Hi Dianarose. I made cookies yesterday using my mom's favorite recipe. They are made with honey. I had the help of young grandchildren to decorate. Hoping you or someone in your household will be making your favorite cookies. I remember that you are a pastry chef..so do you have a favorite cookie that you made?

Lita. i have never used just white lights for my trees. It must be beautiful. Does the Angel topper also have a light? You are one freaking energizer bunny.

• MJHJAN1014
    MJHJAN1014 Member Posts: 622
    Options

Lita-stopping by to say hello to you. You inspire me. Your legacy tree is beyond beautiful! Sending love, MJH

• Lita57
    Options

My DH strung the lights and DD helped w/the ornaments. I had to keep sitting down...back was killing me.

L

• sandibeach57
    Options

Lita..supervising tree decorating is not a bad thing..ha. Hope you were sipping on some good hot cocoa at the time.

• SheliaMarie
    SheliaMarie Member Posts: 284
    Options

I certainly will not apologize for supervising the decorating of my ginormous 12’ tree

• Mominator
    Options

Just dropping by to say hello.

I will be singing in a Festival choir concert at 7 ET. The free will donations will be given to a local family that has fallen on hard times.

• Lita57
    Options

That's great, Mom.

Our church gives out food baskets (actually boxes) to the needy every Thanksgiving and Christmas. They've been doing it for years, and it's a community activity as families load the baskets and wrap gifts for the family's kids.

L

• Mominator
    Options

Lita, it's so nice to belong to a caring community. It seems that most of the churches have programs to help others. We have monthly food drives (non-perishables). Plus we also make hot meals and freeze them for the Mercy Center, which distributes the meals to people living with HIV/AIDS.

There's coat drives, and book drives, and toy drives, and Giving Trees, lots more.

There's people who tutor English as a second language, and others who watch the kids during classes.

A couple of churches have sponsored a Habitat for Humanity house. Our church sponsored a house a few years ago. It was a big undertaking.

My friend (right) and I (left) before the concert.

• sandibeach57
    Options

Hi Lita. I baked today. Let's see..made Apple Dumplings, think online recipe wrong, terrible, so threw out. Chex mex..how can you mess up that? You can..rancid mixed nuts. Was going to make cookies from previously made dough. Too tired, dough got old, tossed. And that, my friend, concludes Christmas baking.

Hope you are feeling well enough to bake and cook. I need you in my kitchen. Merry Christmas to you

P.S. Has anyone heard from Dianarose? Just miss her postings. Her profession was a pastry chef, I think, from her earlier posts.