Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Chemo starting April 2018

Comments

• InnaB2018
    InnaB2018 Member Posts: 766

I think it’s a slightly enlarged lymph node, not a lump. I have lymphedema on that side as well.

• duffyzmom
    duffyzmom Member Posts: 217

InnaB - I've had puffiness in my armpit on the rad side. I only noticed it once I started shaving that armpit again.

LIFE - so glad you get to bowl again. Getting back to normal activities is my goal for 2019.

Ingerp - I hope your insurance problems are solved today.

I finally used some product and attempted the faux hawk hairstyle this weekend.

• ingerp
    ingerp Member Posts: 1,515

Duffy that's adorable!!

• life1963
    life1963 Member Posts: 364

DUFFY It does look adorable!

• debal
    debal Member Posts: 600

hi everyone, flying through the last posts before I head out for the day. LIFE we look like twins. Can you hide an egg in your hair too? Ingerp thumbs up looking good! Duffy, simply adorable. When is your sons wedding? You have no worries there. InnaB and urdrago please give an update when you can. Hugs, deb

• urdrago71
    urdrago71 Member Posts: 500

Update; got approval for Xeloda will start Friday..wish me uneventful days!!

• gawarrior
    gawarrior Member Posts: 368

Urdrago, woo hoo! Congrats on getting the Xeloda. Sending good vibes that it will be easy-peasy for you.

Life, IngerP, and Duffy - you all look great! It's exciting to see how everyone's hair is coming back. Duffy, I loved the red on you when you dyed it before chemo. Maybe that color for your son's wedding?

InnaB, what's the news on you lump? Hoping it's all good.

Linda2119, how are you doing with the trial medication? Hoping you're doing great and the intestinal issues have settled down.

My son is doing well, no news is good news as they say. :)

• InnaB2018

urdrago, hooray for you! Wish you minimal side effects.

Duffy, you are so cute! That’s a great look on you.

Still don’t know when I see my MO. I have a scheduled appointment on Feb. 13, but am trying to move it up. My lymphedema therapist thinks it’s a combination of a tensed tendon and residual puffiness from radiation and lymphedema. When I am laying down, the clavicle comes forward normally and I can feel nothing. I hope it’s a false alarm.

• debal

great news urdrago! Uneventful days it is! GAW glad Bryce is doing well. No news is good news is right! Inna B hopefully you can get in a little sooner. Just a thought..Any chance your breast surgeon or maybe a PA in the office could see you sooner? Just to ease your mind.

Dreary and cold here. Speaking of ..Frog...how are you doing?? Take care everyone!

• linda2119
    linda2119 Member Posts: 60

Glad to hear about your successful resolution of the insurance issue, Undrago!

And so happy to hear about Bryce, Robin.

And everyone's hair looks awesome - coming along nicely. I got another cut yesterday - I just want bangs again....! My hair stylist says the hair at our hairline is different - it's lanugo - like our babies had at birth. Doesn't grow quite as fast. Bummer.

Trial is going fine. The verzenio is making my stomach wonky. Having a bout of diarrhea about every third day - kinda bizarre. Next appointment with the clinical MO is Thursday.

Life - I'm getting one of those lymphedema machines too. I wonder if it is an overkill because I'm feeling the lymphedema mostly in my thumb, but I trust the PT so if she says get it, I'm getting it. Probably another 3-4 weeks before it gets delivered.

My mood is better. There's a Colorado group for cancer survivors - livebyliving - that gets people together for walks, hikes, retreats, etc. Sunday I went on a walk - turned out only to have one other woman there, she's been stage IV (de novo) since 2015. What an inspiration! And so good to talk freely about all this - exactly how I felt when Robin and I got to visit.

My husband and I are taking a golf trip to Phoenix this weekend - we really really need to get away!

Take care, Linda

• life1963

Undrago. YAY! That is good news! Here is to smooth sailing from here on out.

GaWarrier That is what I always say. Glad to here Bryce is doing good.

Linda - I too thought it was a complete Overkill but I find that if I use my arm a lot it does start swelling under the armpit up into the elbow area. I have found that if I am faithful on it at least three or four times a week that swelling goes down. Right now I'm taking up working out to get my arm strength and so I am using it every night after that. I literally lay on the couch fire it up and go to sleep. LOL

InnaB That would be very frustrating not to be able to get in right away. Keep us tabbed on whatever you find out.

Deb how are you liking you new job?

So I have started going back to the gym to try and get some strength back in these old bones. Like I said I'm setting myself up for a bowling tournament March 3rd and I really want to make sure that I'm able to do it. It feels so good to get back into the gym! And I used my little machine Faithfully because my arm definitely starts swelling.

Okay I don't know if you have seen the movie Inside Out. I watched it last night. I recommend it. It really makes one think. Yet it is such a cute movie.

Okay signing off for now. Have a wonderful week ladies and gent.

Huggs

• InnaB2018

Have an appointment with an NP on the 25th. Thank God...

• urdrago71

InnaB , u will have answers sooner than later..

Gawarrior, thats a good no news ive heard yet.

Life, so proud of you. But Ive got a request ,can u do some extra exercises for me? Lol. Seems like every time i get some what stable Im going thru a new treatment. If this is truly smooth, I will keep up walking at the gym.

Frog - chime in when u get time..

Duffy. Love the cute hair style. Yor looks like sides and top are growing evenly. I was lacking my front top forever so its much shorter then sides/back.

Linda, awesome news a golf trip..i love it..do u have to keep covered up from the sun ? I wonder what my summer will be like this year, bcuz last year I stayed indoors.

Had counseling thru pharmacy today. 4 pill a half hour after breakfast and than again 12 hours later..Hand foot syndrome, nauseas, liver enzymes, anemia, diarrhea, and fever to watch for. He said " drink. drink, even water down Gatorade.". i start Friday morning..Thanks everyone for supporting. I will keep you all updated, " no SE's".

• debal

morning all

Linda I hope your tummy settles down. I'm envious of where you live. So much to do! Good for you in keeping busy. I thought for a minute or 2 about picking up golf. Man, that hole is awful little. I'd probably be like my great uncle and wrap a club around a tree. I'll stick to driving the cart. If you follow golf tournaments we live close to muirfield. We are getting passes all 4 days this year. Come on out in May! As for the hair, my stylist had me put taffy on my fingertips and pull bangs down with my index finger and thumb. Otherwise they kept curling up. In your pic with robin your hair looked great. ENJOY your trip!

LIFE. Job is perfect. Not doing it full time till Feb but I should be paying them lol. Lots of snow here this coming Saturday so i will watch that movie!

Urdrago.."no SE's" innaB so glad you got in sooner. You dont need that extra worry.

Have a great day everyone! Deb

• gawarrior

Yay, InnaB - so happy you can get in next week.

Good luck, Urdrago, with Xeloda tomorrow. Sending good vibes for *no SEs*

Linda, have a great time in Phoenix. Bryce says snow is headed your way tomorrow, so you'll enjoy being away and in the warmer weather for sure. I'm glad you found that walking/hiking group. It helps to have someone to talk to who has gone through the same thing. I wish there was something like that here. Good that the trial is going well!

Life, good for you for going back to the gym. I'm sure you'll do great in the bowling tournament!

• urdrago71

21 weeks PFC infusion..lol

• debal

OMG BEAUTIFUL!!!! You are one hot granny!!

• debal

• urdrago71

DebAL, 😜 ur looking pretty hot with those braids!!

My youngest is making me old..

• debal

You look great urdrago! Sending positive thoughts for tomorrow.

• life1963

Undrago So beautiful. I love your smile. Good luck tomorrow!

Deb you are too cute! 🤣

Thanks GaWarrier! I am trying.

• ingerp
    ingerp Member Posts: 1,515

HappyHappyHappy

• gawarrior

Great pic, Urdrago, you're beautiful! Good luck today.

Cute pic, DebAL :)

• urdrago71

So I got up this morning early to eat before hand and take a nausea pill. Omg. I forgot which tablets where what..lol, thank goodness for google!

Well to report I took a nausea tablet as preventive since Im working and feel find. Ive notices a couple hot flashes, but over all feel normal.

Happy weekend everyone. Sending good vibes stay safe thur winter storms..

• gawarrior

So I went along as moral support for a coworker friend today who had a clear mammogram but a palpable lump. She had an ultrasound and breast exam today and needs to come back for a core biopsy to rule out cancer, although the doc feels that the area is not cancerous.

What shocked me is that the doc says the guidelines are no longer recommending self exams OR doctor exams to check for lumps! Too many false positives and anxiety, she said. The mammogram missed mine - the only reason I knew there was a problem was because I found a lump. Can you believe they would actually tell you NOT to do exams? SMH... Combine that with the recommendation to get a mammogram every 2 years and I see breast cancer rates climbing in the next few years.

• InnaB2018

Urdrago, DebAl, you guys are beautiful!

GAWarrior, what the hell? I agree with you completely.

• debal

that's crazy!!!

I dont know about you guys but my BS gives a better exam than my MO. GAW, just like you to take the time to help your friend.

• duffyzmom
    duffyzmom Member Posts: 217

Okay that is just plain old stupid! I found both of my cancers through BSE. Because both of mine were aggressive tumors waiting 2 years for a mammogram would have absolutely been deadly.

Happy Snow Day all. I'm looking forward to a big pot of chicken chili and college basketball on the TV this afternoon.

• Frog-on-the-lilypad
    Frog-on-the-lilypad Member Posts: 159

Hey everyone,

I am so glad we are doing okay.

Urdrago, congrats on getting approval on Xeloda. I am doing quite fine on Xeloda. Remember to drink up. I have some numb fingers. And some random pain in the breast. I am hoping its either the surgery or radiation. Does radiation SEs take so long? I was done with rads on 1st Nov.

Lovely pics everyone. You all look lovely. My hair has not grown much in the last few weeks but has turned its original colour. I am happy with that. I am currently in India, visiting family. I am carrying my meds and have emailed the blood reports back to my MO. Starting round 4 on monday hopefully. I am enjoying winter here as its easier on my skin.

In other news, I turned 41 on the 13th. I spent the day with mom and dad 😀. I want to thank everyone of you for being a part of my life through last year. Will write again. Stay well

• debal

frog, Great to hear from you. You are absolutely stunning!! Glad you are doing well and enjoying time with your family. Safe travels! Deb

Duffy, sounds like a good day! We only have rain so far. Still a nice day to stay in jammies!