Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Chemo starting April 2018

Comments

• debal
    debal Member Posts: 600

hi everyone, thankful to report I'm the proud owner of a 1.5 cm ball of scar tissue. I'll take it! Off to nap. Not much sleep the last few nights. Zzzzz. Looking forward to catching up on everyone!

• Frog-on-the-lilypad
    Frog-on-the-lilypad Member Posts: 159

Wooohoooo DebAl👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼.

Go take that nap, you deserve it.

Thanks Ingerp. The eyebrows have only come in patches. But I have become quite good in drawing them.

Anybody used those stick on nails? Are they any good? Or will they do more harm to my recovering nails?

• InnaB2018
    InnaB2018 Member Posts: 766

Good news, DebAl!

Frog, you look adorable!

• ingerp
    ingerp Member Posts: 1,515

Deb that is the best news. Hope you don’t see this until after your nap.

Frog are your fingernails still rough? I must say I’m down to one small area on one thumbnail that isn’t quite normal. As to my toenails, both big ones are still pretty funky. I’m just keeping them painted, and I do it myself.

• urdrago71
    urdrago71 Member Posts: 500

DebAl, thats good news! Can u massage scar tissue to reduce the hardness?

Frog, I dont know if those press on nails will last very long. You could glue them on but taken them off might be a little difficult. Are u complete done with all treatment plans now?

So I had been doodling with my nails this past month. Results in brittleness again, but my eyelashes were thin and seeming to thicken. Seems like Im going thru some kind of cycles..

Happy weekend, sending good vibes..

• life1963
    life1963 Member Posts: 364

Deb - Awsome news for sure!!

• debal

morning everyone. I enjoyed my 4 hour nap. And also glad to not have that " outside of body" feeling that worrying causes.

Krissy, graduation will be that much more special and sweet next month. Congrats!

GAW, how is your incision healing? And when is your birthday?

Ingerp, I agree. Hanging out with adult kids is so fun. I love when it works out but understand when it doesnt. Your hair looks great. Love the color. I'm glad you accepted the chemo bag. My mind now tends to go to the meaning or intent of the giver. You are obviously special to them. It probably took some time to get it together. How thoughtful.

Duffy, beautiful pic and glad you had a nice time with your family!

Urdrago, cant help but chuckle when I picture u in the midst of the NFL draft and marathon mayhem lol sorry if I missed it but hope all in well with your CT.

Batata, congrats on being portless. Did it go ok?so glad you had good news with your testing.

Innab, so sorry about your job. Ugh. That's tough after 19 years.

LIFE, what did you mean about your socks? Swelling? Your comment about the curly hair weighing down was timely. I had a hair appt and stylist said if I'm committed to growing out my hair she doesnt want to cut. I need to be patient and eventually curls will weigh down. Part of me like thick and curly hair. I didnt have that before. A wavy bob length would be nice. We have a friendly lawn mowing competition here too lol

Frog, simply gorgeous pic. Wow, where in Europe? I tend to stay back when hubby's business trip are in boring places lol. But I am taking along to anaheim, ca in september. Just go with the messy look. I have a product that i put in at the very end that tames the curls. Air drying helps. I also bought a diffuser for when I do dry

Linda, hope you are doing well. Engine and janice? I only went back a page or 2 so I'm sorry if I missed anyone.

Running a cinco de mayo 5k Sunday. Still absolutely loving my job. Heading to punta cana in 10 days. Inna B, didnt you just do an all inclusive?

I hope it's a good day for all. ((Hugs)) deb

• life1963

Deb what I meant by socks is at the end of the day now my socks are tighter on my ankles and leave more of an imprint than they used to. I was just wondering if anyone else was having that issue, as I never did before.

Been dealing with a backache and sciatic nerve all week after my weekend of lawn work and cleaning. Haven't worked out all week. I read somewhere that when your body starts having aches and pain somewhere it's trying to tell you it's time to let go of someone or something. Yah! My body is telling me to let go of that damn cleaning job! Lol

Took today off from work so I can have a 3-day weekend. Today I'm getting a massage, and I'm thinking about coloring my hair this weekend as well. We'll see. I've been kind of a chicken about that.

Have a great weekend!

NO SNOW!!

Huggs to you all!

• debal

LIFE , nurse deb here and saying this with love lol. Cut back or eliminate the Mexican, steak, Chinese. Its packed with sodium. Try going back to your fresh fruits, veggies, and chicken and see what difference that makes. It would be awesome if this could be an easy fix for you! Enjoy your long weekend. You deserve it!

• duffyzmom
    duffyzmom Member Posts: 217

Sorry I've been MIA - helping daughter this past week.

Deb - so glad to hear it is nothing but scar tissue. I'm guessing that is what my mass is as well but since I don't see MO until May 20th I'm just not thinking about any BC issues.

I enjoyed the eyelashes but decided not to do a refill. Especially with summer humidity etc I just don't think it would be worth the expense but I'll probably do them again in the future if my lashes don't get any better maybe for son's wedding next August. I have found an eyebrow gel I like from MILK. It is helping to fill in my scant brows. it is called Kush Fiber Brow Gel.

I am going to keep the gel nails through vacation so I'll be going in for a fill on those next week. It has been so nice not having nails splitting and breaking and then catching on everything.

Frog - your hair looks amazing. Glad you have a trip to look forward to and yes chemo last time sent me into early menopause it sucks but it is what it is.

Any other Jane the virgin watchers? They've have a BC storyline that has been pretty good. This weeks episode dealt with the sexual side effects. I found it pretty accurate.

LIFE - glad you have no snow. We had a nice afternoon finally yesterday so Hubby and I sat out on our balcony. We both got a little sunburn. You know its been a long winter when you burn in the late afternoon sun in Ontario.

Everyone have a great weekend.

• urdrago71
    urdrago71 Member Posts: 500

Woohoo I got a all clear on CT scan.. recheck in 6 months..

• debal

urdrago,

• InnaB2018

Urdrago!

• ingerp

Deb—I actually posted on the May 2019 chemo thread and mailed all the contents of the chemo crap bag plus a bunch of head gear someone had given me (and I never wore) to a sweet woman in Ohio who is just getting started. Felt like the right thing to do. Good for you on the 5k!! And Punta Cana (or any vacation really) sounds wonderful.

Urdrago that. Is. AWESOME.

Life my MO always looks (looked?) at my ankles but no swelling. However I know I'm a little puffier when the weather warms up. About a year and a half ago I noticed some ankle/foot swelling after an international flight and literally just stuck my legs in the air and massaged the fluid down. It really helped! I think a massage and potential new hair color sound wonderful!!

We're heading off to a nice resort with my mom, sibs, and their families for the weekend. We've been doing it for four years now and my mom treats us to it. How sad is it that I'm most excited about eating junk food, drinking a fair amount, and *not* going to the gym???

T-14 days. ;-)

• life1963

Undrgo! That is awsome news!!! 😎

• duffyzmom
    duffyzmom Member Posts: 217

Urdrago! I'm doing a happy dance for you.

• InnaB2018

Urdrago, congrats on your good news! For some reason my cute bitmoji doesn’t work on this site, but imagine me dancing 💃🏻 for you!

Deb, I was in Punta Cana a couple of times and liked it immensely! Which resort are you going to? Whatever it is, the sun, the sea, and the beach will be awesome!

Yesterday was the last day of steroids for me! Surveying the damage they did to my body in 8 weeks, I catalogued weight gain (boo!), sun sensitivity, depression, fatigue, water retention and excessive sweating in addition to my hot flushes (very attractive, I know. Who knows what happens to my liver, kidneys and stomach. But at least my cough stopped! Time to heal, so I can get in better shape before my surgery on May 22.

• debal

ingerp, how super nice of you to mail the care package!!

InnaB, sorry if I'm not up to date but I'm assuming it's your exchange surgery? If so, much easier than the first. Are your TEs pre pec or under? We are staying at riu republica. Sister in law made the arrangements and we just said "sure" when she asked. My hair is so darn thick I wont need to worry too much about my scalp burning. Looking forward to getting away. Have never been to an all inclusive before. On the bitmoji..where you normally click the text button I click add to camera roll. Then its mixed in with my pictures and I attach it that way.

I hope everyone has a great weekend! Deb

• gawarrior
    gawarrior Member Posts: 368

Wow! Lots to catch up on these past few days!

IngerP, I hope you're enjoying that resort weekend and eating tons of good food! (13 days to go until the last Herceptin!). Also hoping you get some answers from genetic testing. And, like yours, both of my big toenails are black and cracking (no pain though). I can't wait until they grow out (which they don't seem to be doing, but the MO said they are likely growing underneath and the dead nail will pop off when the new one gets long enough).

Frog, you look adorable! Don't you think this curly hair is easy to take care of? I just fluff it in the morning (or put water on it and scrunch it up and off I go). I'm excited for you for your Europe trip. It will be good for you to get your head out of all the treatment and the past year. Yes, my birthday is on 5/25, thanks for remembering. We'll be on a quick, weekend cruise to the Bahamas that weekend with my daughter and son in law - CELEBRATING!.

DebAL, speaking of celebrating - so happy that your lump was just scar tissue! And, it's awesome that you're doing the 5k tomorrow. I need to sign up for one so I have some motivation... Oh, the hole in my incision is totally healed already. I was surprised at how fast it closed up. I can't even see where it was anymore. :)

Urdrago, CONGRATS on the CT scan!

• debal

5k 32:19 time. Not bad for 55 years old and 11 months PFC today. Screw u breast cancer!

• gawarrior

DebAL, you rock - great job!

• life1963

Deb - Yes! You look great kicking ass out there!

• Frog-on-the-lilypad
    Frog-on-the-lilypad Member Posts: 159

Go Deb Al, thats amazing.

Urdrado, I join the rest of the gang in the happy dance.

Ingerp, you are right. We need to give a rest to the house hunting thing. Under estimated the whole thing.

Right now I am looking forward to the trip. Have an appointment with the MO. Want to clear up on few things regarding the altitude.

GA Warrior, you are right about the hair styling. Its easy to scrunch and go. However now its got a lot of length and I have no clue how to make it look decent. I try things then give up. I gel the hair behind my ears. I feel it gives me a kind of decent look and I go about my business.

• life1963

Frog my hair is doing the exact same thing. It's so long it just Falls in my eyes but yet it's super curly and when I tried to straighten it I literally looked like a bird's nest. I'll have to send a picture.

So Friday I gave up and went into a beauty shop and ask them what they could do with it. I have an appointment this Tuesday for trim and a color. I figured I'd go to a professional to color instead of trying to do it on my own. Hopefully my hair is strong enough to handle it. I'm not going to go with a blonde but I am going to go with brown with Carmel hi-lights.

Pretty nervous about this!

Huggs Everyone!

• ingerp

Deb you go girl!! (Oops--more like you went. ;-) )

GAW I will remember your birthday--that's the day we leave for Costa Rica!! I laughed myself silly over the weekend--that's gotta be good for your soul, right? Surprised myself by going to the gym both days. And the only guilt I have about all of the deelishus calories is I brought home some of the fab leftovers and will probably treat myself to eating them up the next few days. I told my kids I feel like I'm on a downhill slide to CR--I have several calorie/alcohol-laden things on the calendar the next few weeks. Oh well. What's a gal to do? I'll get back on the healthy-eating-and-not-much-drinking wagon in June.

Life--I am <almost> with you on the hair. I keep going back and forth, almost popped out to a Hair Cuttery yesterday afternoon to get a trim, almost ordered yet another product that would allegedly lighten everything up (who's heard of glossing??), but I just can't seem to pull the trigger on doing anything. I have thought to maybe just do the lemon juice thing in CR--I'll be trying hard not to get a sunburn but will be outside a fair amount. I know hubs is quietly anxious for my hair to grow out--he suggested I do nothing (guys don't get that sometimes you need a trim even when you're trying to grow it). I think you're wise to let a professional help. I'm sure your hair will be fine, strength-wise. Post a picture afterwards!!

T-11 days. Happy

• debal

hey frog, scrunch and go for me too. I spend little time messing with it. When is your trip?

LIFE, you have a TON of hair! It looks great!.

Hope everyone is having a good week!

• InnaB2018

DebAl, you’re amazing! You go, girl!

Yes, it’s my exchange/ovary removal surgery. I have under the pec implants.

Your hotel looks fabulous! Enjoy your vacation

• gawarrior

Frog, I think maybe headbands are the answer to rogue hair? Mine isn't as long as yours yet, so it's mostly the sides that need containing. A patient says she just put gel on both sides, then slicked it back behind her ears. Sounds like what you are already doing, though. I have to try it.

Ingerp, moderation is the key, right? Enjoy, then be "good". I'm going to eat everything (esp desserts!) and have a couple of alcohol-laden drinks on the cruise and not worry about it. So happy you had a great weekend trip. T- 9 days and 2.5 weeks until CR. :)

Life, I'm hoping your makeover went great - let's see a picture!! I've been thinking of getting a Jamie Lee Curtis style but, while that might tame the sides, I think the top would look super weird because it wouldn't lay down right. Can't wait to see what they did for you.

InnaB, we'll be thinking of you on May 22. The exchange surgery was a piece of cake but I can't speak about the ooph surgery since I didn't have it. I'm sure it will be nice to have it all behind you, though.

Happy Hump Day, y'all!

• life1963

Here it is. My new hairdo. Decided to trim up and go with one color.

• ingerp

Oh Life that looks wonderful!! Will it be pretty easy to maintain