Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

What’s on your bucket list?

Options

Comments

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 9,886
    Options

Mae~ you’re adorable. Loving the pics. As usual. Love your spirit and spunk and zest for life. Keep on trucking.

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,583
    Options

Jaws film location, done 😁

• mountainmia
    mountainmia Member Posts: 857
    Options

Last fall after returning from a bucket-list trip to Peru, my husband and I reflected on how fortunate we've been over many years. We've done some REALLY cool stuff! We made a list of many of those great experiences we've had, and a few others that we haven't managed yet.

Then in February I was diagnosed with cancer. I'm in the midst of treatment now and right now, a slow walk once around the mall is enough adventure. It's been hard to look into the future, feeling like we have special goggles on that only let us see RIGHT NOW, or at most a few weeks out. Just get through THIS. But we still have things on the list, and we're hopeful that 2020 will be a better year.

A couple of days ago Jim brought up the idea of travel next year. He suggested we do something on our list that might be pretty easy, low risk. It would be something to look forward to. I think we'll work on that. Whether it will be a trip to the northeast (Nova Scotia) or a trip west (northern California big trees,) from here in the Midwest either of those could be doable. The more exotic trips can wait.

• JFL
    JFL Member Posts: 1,373
    Options

I am going to Dubai next week, which has been on my bucket list for many years! I still can't believe I am going. Croatia was also on that list and we went there last year. The one city in the US I wanted to see but had not yet visited was Austin, TX and I hit that earlier this year.

• illimae
    Options

Mountainmia, The California redwoods are on the list now too, DH wants to go and I want to do some of his stuff too, so he has good memories.

JFL, enjoy Dubai and feel free to let us know how the trip went or share pics. I am often inspired by the trips you all take and add to my list 🙂

• Andi67
    Andi67 Member Posts: 314
    Options

Mae - love your pictures, and love the fact that you made this list and you are making these things a priority. I have list too (published a few months back) but I always get sidetracked. I am going on a great hike in August - Italy to Switzerland around the Matterhorn - with some of my girlfriends. It will be beautiful and very memorable, but not on my list. Then on extended family trip to Hawaii in November. Can't wait, but again not on list. I am doing that one for my mom! 2020 is going to be the year that I really focus! Anyway, proud of you! There is NO TIME like the present, this day, this moment.

XO

Andi

• ABeautifulSunset
    ABeautifulSunset Member Posts: 600
    Options

55th bday. Check!

Next upon bucket list.....56!

• illimae
    Options

Thanks Andi 😀

Abeautifulsunset, Happy Birthday! 🎊🎁🎉

My 45th is on my list too, for next year.

• sandibeach57
    sandibeach57 Member Posts: 1,387
    Options

I would like to hear my youngest grandchild say my name!

• Rosie24
    Rosie24 Member Posts: 1,026
    Options

Happy bday, Beautiful Sunset! Have a great year being 55

• Andi67
    Andi67 Member Posts: 314
    Options

Happy Birthday Beautiful Sunset!

I will add my 53rd birthday to my bucket list.

• illimae
    Options

Well, 2020 was a bust! Although, I did manage to cross one off the list (my 45th birthday).

Now, I’m looking into places to take our travel trailer and I’d love to do a train trip. No specific destination in mind, just thinking I might jump on a deal if I see a short trip with a sleeper room.

Anyone making soft plans for when we can travel safely but cautiously?

• anotherone
    anotherone Member Posts: 545
    Options

that is a good thread

- my list- to organise photos

- to get a few cm from my waist

- to have sex again. A good one at that!

- to have thread lift done

- to do trans Siberian with friends and significant other.

- to body build bigger bum

- to happily bury my dad - he is 91 and I do not want him in the care home or being responsibility for my daughter.

- to see my daughter grow more and meet milestones - any of them would be good but to be honest I am happy with how things are already - I was diagnosed for the first time when she was 2 and she is going to be 16 in less than 2 months so the gross of the job is done.

- visit again a childhood home in a little village in Ukraine

-sort proper bikerack for the car !

- dance again

- get my house redecorated

-emigrate ? Would have been my third emigration- each one of them was like another life - would not have minded a new one !

- read books and watch movies with my daughter- the ones that were important to me.

- run with her again, go with her to acrobatics classes. Spend a new year eve with her in the sea . Play cards with her - the games we like need more participants and since my dad's dementia worsened we can not do it with him.

-Sort her blocked nose

I wonder what I will manage ...

• olma61
    olma61 Member Posts: 1,016
    Options

I just came back from Puerto Rico for my son's wedding. I flew, negative COVID results were checked at the airport.

The plane was fairly full in Economy, so I flew business class. there were only three passengers in the business cabin going down and about five (out of 16 seats) on the way back.

Mask wearing was enforced everywhere and P. Rico is pretty strict with police enforcing the rules in the street, hotel taking temperatures at the entrance, enforcing social distancing, hand sanitizer dispensers everywhere. Etc, etc.

I'm probably going to fly again at Christmas time, if everything stays the same as it is now. I might be going to Panama to visit other family.

• illimae
    Options

I feel like I’ve waited forever for this but here I go, dipping my toes into post lockdown life. I will be safe and distanced and the event is limited capacity, I’m literally jumping in.

• seeq
    seeq Member Posts: 1,085
    Options

Mae - Aaack! No thank you! I'm waaay to chicken for that! Lolol

• 7of9
    7of9 Member Posts: 474
    Options

wow, you guys have some great adventures! I did get to see Yosemite, hike up a mountain, take our son to Disney (4×), and we are in progress of walking a 20 mile hike soon to complete his hiking merit badge. I turn 50 this fall....would love to see tournament of roses parade and do one of those tours where you work on the floats...any tips?

• illimae
    Options

Seeq, chicken about watch jaw while in the water or the potential crowd? Also, they have scuba divers who grab random feet during shaft attack scenes, so fun!

7of9, you got some great adventures yourself, I have no info on the parade stuff though, sorry.

• seeq
    seeq Member Posts: 1,085
    Options

Mae - watching Jaws in the water... and people grab your feet?!? OMG, I'd die from a heart attack on the spot! You go on ahead -more power to you!

• lillyishere
    lillyishere Member Posts: 770
    Options

I have few items on my bucket list. One of them is going to San Diego :). The four of us are going to California for 10 days this July. Direct flight to LA, then rent a car to SF since my teenage kids loved SF the last time we went there, driving back to LA and then to SD. Other than the Zoo, what else should I check in SD? My kids are teenagers. Considering my DH personality, he is a teenager too :)

• illimae
    Options

Lilly, definitely the beach and maybe a whale watching tour, if your family is into that. Last time is was there it was to see a band play, so I didn’t stay long enough to see much else. There are also nice places nearby for small hikes and great views.

• jhl
    jhl Member Posts: 174
    Options

Lily,

Torrey Pines State Natural Preserve, Shell Beach Tide Pools, Hotel Coronado (go for lunch then spend a few hours on the beach), Birch Aquarium at Scripps. If your kids are getting close to college age, UC San Diego is a beautiful campus. You can walk through the beautiful eucalyptus grove.If anyone likes airplanes, the USS Midway Museum is fun. La Jolla Cove to see sea lions. Old Town San Diego - a great place for dinner.

Have fun!

• olma61
    Options

The top item on my bucket list was staying around long enough to see my first grandchild and we just found out my daughter in law is pregnant! I am so so happy!

• illimae
    Options

Olma, congrats to your family. Now what’s next on the bucket list?

• olma61
    Options

thanks illimae! My next big dream was a visit to Italy which now is starting to seem possible again. Along with that, I am waiting for my Italian citizenship to be recognized - but my part in that is already accomplished, since I completed all the paperwork, which was considerable, in 2019. That was another item slowed by COVID, hopefully the consulate will begin to catch up on the backlog.

In the immediate future, I'll be visiting Puerto Rico in August, will probably stay three weeks! Looking for places to rent right now.

• lillyishere
    Options

Thank you so much, Mae and jh. I put all these places on the spreadsheet with the links to their websites. My oldest is starting senior year in high school and she wants to go to California. She had my support but DH didn't want the kids to be far away. Since my diagnose, I am supporting him on this. This makes me think of taking her to see UC San Diego may bring other discussions :)

Olma, congratulations! I also love Italy: food, weather, scenery, friends.

• cure-ious
    cure-ious Member Posts: 2,742
    Options

Lilly- In San Diego, be sure to go to Balboa Park and walk around (a historic site with multiple museums, it adjoins the Zoo but is so big, its a separate trip), also check out theater at Old Globe or La Jolla Playhouse. If its ComiCon weekend, maybe the kids can figure out how to get tickets. There are Wild Animal Park, Legoland- and Pageant of the Masters is a very fun night, where people re-create masterworks of art (its in Laguna Beach). La Jolla is fun, both downtown and over by the beach in the La Jolla Shores area where lots of folks get their surf lessons. Torrey Pines Lodge overlooks the famous golf course that's a good stop for lunch, they have a lovely remodeled hotel in craftsman style, and from there up the Hwy 101 into Del Mar and further north are lots of great places to eat and check out the beaches

• lillyishere
    Options

Thank you Cure-ious. I think we should skip SF since there are so many things to do in San Diego. What about LA?

• cure-ious
    cure-ious Member Posts: 2,742
    Options

Getty, LACMA, Disneyland, Universal, Santa Monica- I guess you'd find plenty to do! You said you guys already visited SF, right? I'm going up to Boise in July to pick huckleberries and blackberries, and hope to do a bit of camping- my brother lives up there and its a lot of fun

• nopink2019
    nopink2019 Member Posts: 384
    Options

LA- Malibu tile house, further up, Hearst Castle