Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Starting Chemo September 2019

Comments

• Del13
    Del13 Member Posts: 180

Love it,, Tm you look amazing,, so proud of you!!!

• Gamb
    Gamb Member Posts: 570

• Gamb

Hey all, space to go baldly where no man has ever gone before...lol

• Del13

You all have made my day!! It takes real courage to do this,, hair will never will define you,, hugs ladies!!

• FTM
    FTM Member Posts: 24

I love the pictures guys! You are all beautiful. I might be brave enough to post a pic once all the hair actually falls out, at the moment I have a stupid patch of hair in front on the top of my head. I have new respect for men who bald. I still cry some days over losing my hair but this group is helping me to stop feeling sorry for myself. You are all doing so well. I’m really good at the pity party but it’s time for it to come to an end. I hate my wig(hot and itchy) so I mainly just wear buffs or my chemo cap.

I have TCH number 3 tomorrow. I’m dreading it because I had such bad nausea and vomiting last time I didn’t get out of bed for a couple of days. If I moved, I puked. We adjusted my meds and it improved and I am trying the FMD(fast mimicking diet) so here is hoping.

You ladies are all an inspiration to me. Keep strong and positive and have an awesome side effect free weekend.

• Del13

Yes Gamb!!! Love it,,

• Del13

Good luck tomorrow FTM,, y’all are great, totally liberating, love this group!!

• Brilee76
    Brilee76 Member Posts: 190

Gamb, the Star Trek reference literally has me in tears. Bwahaha!

Tracy & Gamb - Welcome to the Bald and the Beautiful!

FMT - Hang in there! I teared up a little when I got to work today because it's the first time I've been to work without a head cover and had people outside of the house see me this way. I might even drive home without a hat or anything at this point cause everything makes my head itch!

• lms458412
    lms458412 Member Posts: 289

Love the pictures, Tracy and Gamb!! You are beautiful and strong.

• coppersmom
    coppersmom Member Posts: 2

Hi everyone - I am in Seattle. I got my second cancer diagnosis last March. I did TCHP April-July, then a mastectomy with clear nodes in August (yay!), and placement of a tissue expander for reconstruction in September. I am starting Kadcyla tomorrow. I am assured that it won't be as rough as TCHP. I have peripheral neuropathy, though, and so I am going to try icing my hands/feet and glutamine to prevent further damage. Numbness is okay, pain I don't want! Thinking good thoughts for all of you out there.

• Del13

Feel like poo today!! Didn’t sleep well, just curious, could it be from the flu shot??

• LoveFlorida
    LoveFlorida Member Posts: 26

Good morning. I post seldom but I read daily. I have had 6 of 12 Taxol. Finishing up November 21st

You ladies posting pictures bald are Amazing ❤️ I cannot hardly look at myself so I always wear my beanie.

I am a snowbird and want to head to Bonita Springs Florida December 13th. However, I am getting great apprehension aboutFinding a infusion center for my every 3 week Herceptin. When you feel so confident where you currently are then change is scary 😢.

Any suggestions? The reviews I’m finding can be biased.

• Gamb

Maggie my flu shot made me feel sick and hurt all over for 3days, so its possible

• Del13

Thanks Gamb, I have never taken a flu shot before!! So not sure,, getting some fluidsand resting

Y’all have a great day!!

• Del13

Thanks Gamb, I have never taken a flu shot before!! So not sure,, getting some fluids and resting today

Y'all have a great day!!

• Cat029
    Cat029 Member Posts: 24

Had my 4th and final AC today. Next is an ultrasound to see if the tumor is responding how the Dr. wants it to and if so, then it is on to 12 weekly Taxol treatments. I am also still waiting to hear from the Mayo Clinic on dates for my consult with them. I honestly didn’t want to agree to go, but my husband really wanted me to, so I am going for him mostly. And if they happen to have something that will be helpful, then I guess it will be worth it....

• Brilee76
    Brilee76 Member Posts: 190

Cat - I'm praying you get good news from your ultrasound and that the Mayo clinic ends up being more than worth the trouble!

Guys... I have the flu or some kind of virus. My fever never got high enough for me to go to the hospital but man am I miserable. Feels like I asked for a side of "punch in face" with that chemo. Also, Afrin works well at opening your sinuses but the drainage makes me gag and nauseous for a bit. I can't take anything to relieve the headache because my oncologist doesn't want a fever reducer to mask a possible infection. I hope this passes quickly! Hope you guys are having a better time.

• lms458412

Linda, I hope you feel better soon.

Cat, I pray you have awesome news from your ultrasound.

Bridget, I hope you can get lots of rest this weekend and beat that virus.

• lms458412

Day 3 of TC #3

This one has hit harder than the others. I mainly feel exhaustion, constipation, and an unsettled tummy. My taste buds are going downhill fast. No Neulasta pain yet.

It's a rainy day here in Florida (Tropical Storm Nestor). Just going to rest and hopefully take a relaxing shower.

Still trying to come to terms with the cold capping failure. I think I'll feel better about it once the itching stops and my cute new hats and halo wig arrive.

• ik0106
    ik0106 Member Posts: 16

I had my 4th treatment yesterday, Taxol and Herceptin. So far I feel great, no side effects and at and I am doing cold capping with Penguin and haven't lost any hair at all. Hope everyone is doing well.

• Del13

Everybody Ok today??

• angieb92
    angieb92 Member Posts: 291

Bridget - Sorry about the flu!! Feel better soon!

Maggie - I’m doing good! Working the concession stand at my daughter’s rodeo. They’re wearing pink both days for all of us warriors!

Hope you are all having a peaceful, restful day!

• Gamb

Hey all, im doing good, spent the day away from the house, ir was a beautiful day today. I hope Brilee and Maggie are feeling better and every one doing good. I'm preparing for my last dose of ac this week

• ange743
    ange743 Member Posts: 69

Still struggling here with the mental game, but physically I feel good, just tired, 9 days past 2nd AC. Accomplished a few small things around the house today. With the mental struggles lately its been hard just to get out of bed, so I may not have accomplished anything crazy, or gone out or anything, but I did more today than yesterday. And hopefully I can push myself to do more tomorrow than I did today. The physical part is tough, but the mental part has been my biggest struggle. Going to talk to my Doctor about it at my appointment on Tuesday and see what he suggests.

I hope you all are doing well. 😊

• ange743
    ange743 Member Posts: 69

Still struggling here with the mental game, but physically I feel good, just tired, 9 days past 2nd AC. Accomplished a few small things around the house today. With the mental struggles lately its been hard just to get out of bed, so I may not have accomplished anything crazy, or gone out or anything, but I did more today than yesterday. And hopefully I can push myself to do more tomorrow than I did today. The physical part is tough, but the mental part has been my biggest struggle. Going to talk to my Doctor about it at my appointment on Tuesday and see what he suggests.

I hope you are all doing well. 😊

• Del13

The Struggle has been real today! Hugs for all!! Tomorrow will be better!!

• tmh0921
    tmh0921 Member Posts: 519

ugghhhh

This 3rd TC has been tough. I’ve spent the last few days mostly resting. I’ve had worse fatigue, aches, stomach discomfort (not really nausea), heartburn, and sore throat / mouth. Haven’t felt like doing much, and everything tastes bad so eating and drinking are a struggle.

These side effects are still relatively mild compared to what a lot experience, but the cumulative effects are rough.

Hang in there everyone

Tracy

• lms458412

I'm feeling very similar, Tracy. This one is really difficult. The exhaustion hit quickly. I am just a lump on the sofa or in bed most of the day. Today, I hope to take a shower. That's my big goal! Otherwise, I'm just trying to stay strong and count down the days until I feel better.

As always, thinking of you all and praying for strength and healing for all of us.

• snaffle53
    snaffle53 Member Posts: 107

Today is the first day since my 4th AC treatment that I haven’t felt yucky. Nothing in particular has been bothering me. I just felt like crap. No amount of sleep helped. I just had to get through the days after treatment until I felt better.
    It’s good I have improved because I have my first Taxol treatment this Wednesday. I’m most concerned about the two doses of dexamethasone that I have to take 12 hours and 6 hours before treatment. I don’t do well on prednisone. I’ll be taking 1 mg of Klonopin along with each dose to avoid going psychotic. I’ve gone psychotic before on prednisone. It was no fun I’ll tell you! And that time I was alone. At least this time my husband will be home with me. So that’s something.

Here’s hoping Taxol is kinder than the AC! The AC kicked my butt. So glad it’s over

• Del13

I just might make it!! Hope all is well,

Hugs, my brain has been in limbo, lol, so no way I could send out positive vibes, trying to send a few today!!

I said it out loud, don’t think I can do this!! My man put me back in my place, very sweet, positive, and as a matter of fact yes you can,,, very blessed and grateful, this is not a easy road to travel!!!