Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

Comments

• goldensrbest
    goldensrbest Member Posts: 723

Irish - I would be panicking like crazy if our dogs got out. Thank God you found them thanks to a kind-hearted man❤️🐾🐾❤️.

Mel - praying for DD to have good results🙏🏻🙏🏻. What a merry go round of emotions for you this year.

Mara - don’t know how you do what you do. I’m exhausted reading about your endeavors. You are amazing. Actually, everyone here is amazing for dealing with this crappy disease. It’s a shame that no one else tells us that. I know we don’t want others fawning over us, but it would be nice to have someone simply say “what you’re going through sure stinks”.

Got our senior flu and Covid vaccines yesterday. Woke up this morning feeling zapped of any energy. Gonna be a do nothing kind of day. Hope I can summon the energy to at least get on the recumbent bike today for at home PT.

Here for pocket duty for those that need it. Sending positive vibes for all for better days.

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,051

whoooooo hoooo at stable! Malle

• chicagoan
    chicagoan Member Posts: 1,041

Mara-When you were relating all the problems you have had with your portable washers/spinners, etc., I was thinking if I were her, I would just get a washboard and do my laundry in the kitchen sink. I can remember that my grandmothers used to do their wash for the entire family in the basement laundry sink. They had a washboard and a machine called a Mangle, which was a type of wringer. Then the laundry was hung on a line to dry either indoors or outdoors depending on the weather. I am fortunate to have a washing machine but have never gotten a dryer. I'm doing laundry now and will hang it outside. I read somewhere that you can even dry clothes on the line in the winter until they freeze-then bring them inside the house on the radiators. Supposedly it makes the whole house smell very fresh. Looking forward to trying this. Good luck as you find a solution to your laundry issues!

• malleemiss251
    malleemiss251 Member Posts: 581

@tougholdcrow, same thing in Australia. We have a major saline solution shortage and radiographer shortage, to say nothing about the medicines that we either can't get or are in severe shortage - people are not happy about it.

• chicagoan
    chicagoan Member Posts: 1,041

Thanks threetree-I'll relax😀

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,455
    edited October 17

Chicagoan, I am fortunate to have access to a heated rack that has a tent over it to hold in hot air, can always pull it out. I do sometimes do that just because and fluff on no heat in my dryer. I have a plastic washboard with ribs that I can use as well.

Today is recycling day, got a lot of it to go out so will work on that. Washing in the washer that does not drain, it is faster to use vs. the wee washer, bathroom sink will be the rinse and softener station and spin in the panda, get all into dryer after. My battery pump is arriving today, hoping it works but if not, washer goes in closet and pail brought out for wand washing instead. It will sit in the closet until older brother hand is healed up. I am still not going to buy anymore washers either. Too much money and I do not even trust them to work.

Getting together all the recycled boxes which will take a bit but that is fine with me, supposedly shopping with db and SIL, we will see, I have 20 dollar credit on my shopping card which is fine, also need to get some extra bus tickets for Paratransit, wish they were set up to take the online smart card so I could add funds that way.

Edited, I was so darn hungry, settled for an english muffin with butter and shred cheese and made an egg in the mini griddle after, added some mayo before the egg and it was quite good. Should open the beans and make a dish in the frypan. I do have a couple cans of chicken pot pie soups. I will see later.

I hope everyone has a good day, in pockets for all.

• mara51506

Threetree, I am sorry to hear you are dizzy and lethargic after you infusion. In your pocket for that to go away. If you have them eggs or beans may be helpful to lessen the dizziness for you. In your pocket.

Mel in your pocket as well, you have definitely experienced great losses in the past year. Sending my support your way.

• threetree
    threetree Member Posts: 1,642

Mara - Thanks for the good wishes. My eggs are way past their "use by" date, but I think I might have some beans around that could be part of lunch. Thanks for the suggestion, I hadn't thought of any particular foods. I did eat breakfast and am feeling a bit better after that. Just a little lightheaded, achy, and "out of sorts", but still better than any of the other infusions so far. I use a "happy light" and I think that might have added to my lightheadedness this morning, as it can cause that on it's own. Combined with the Zometa, I think the effect was just a bit stronger. Hoping to actually be able to walk a few blocks up the street a little later and get some copying done.

Good luck with your washing. Can't believe everything you are trying and going through, just to avoid the laundromat. Laundromats are a problem in their own right though, and I haven't been to one in years. When I can't do something here with the machine I have, I just break down and take it to the dry cleaners and let them deal with it. Expensive yes, but saves me some serious stress - and possibly ironing.

• mara51506
    edited October 18

Sfcakes, that Halloween installation is really cool to see, I bet kids are loving it for sure.

Slept well, bought a lot of junk food when shopped with DB but no regrets, will portion a bit at a time for myself. I got more caesar dressing, 4 giant pot pies, going to make one up and decide how many meals to split them into, got some baby spinach too, use that for a salad feel, more english muffins for egg sandwiches. DB cannot use right hand but boy is he strong, he put my niece's 40 lb cat food in with one hand. His hand does not seem to have slowed him down, unable to do gym but can still walk the dog.That is one stoic dude, nothing like me but that is OK.

I am doing laundry and using the battery powered pump, does empty out most of the way but I can dry it with a towel as there is hardly anything left. No spinning, that does nothing that wringing out wouldnt do, using the panda for that. Got normal chores to do as well. Still a bit tired from Herceptin so one at a time today for chores today. I just may wring cloths out as well as use the Panda. Overall satisfied with laundry needs I have for myself.

As far as food, going to open up the meat pies, big one, cook it up and divide up into smaller meals. Possibly make extra rice, egg and bean chopped up with croutons, take some cheez whiz and other seasoning as well, cook up in a pan. I will see what I decide. Edit, they are very big, three meals at least, nice part, once they can be put in the fridge, can make whatever I want to add or add some baby spinach I picked up as well. I will have the bean meal for dinner, figure the big meat pie will stay in fridge two to three days.

Edit, cooked a large meat pie in microwave, would have taken an hour in the oven but it only took 6 mins, once it cooled, scooped it out. I took about a third of it, put some baby spinach and croutons on top. Used caesar dressing as well, not too much. That meal was really good tasting for me and was full after eating. Rest of the meat pie is stored in an old cool whip container since it is air tight and I will decide later what to make with it or just save for tomorrow.

I hope everyone has a good day, in pockets for everyone who needs me as well.

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,051

that place looks awesome !

• threetree
    threetree Member Posts: 1,642

SFcakes - Thank you so much for sharing the photos! That is the coolest Halloween thing I've seen so far this year. That must have been so fun to go there.

Mel - I so hope you are feeling better today and finding at least a little peace. Maybe a relaxing week-end will help.

Mara - Male physical strength never ceases to amaze me. I gained a special appreciation for it a few years ago when I had to move to a different apartment here in my complex. Boxes that a female friend and I couldn't even begin to lift with two of us, were just easily and casually hoisted with one hand, onto the shoulder of one male mover who brushed off our admonitions to him to be extra careful, because that particular box was ridiculously heavy. I think the guys get it in the physical strength department and the women win the emotional strength award.

Hope everyone is doing well and looking forward to a reasonable good day.