Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

Comments

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,446

Irish and Tanya, in your pockets to be safe and without damage from Milton, thank you both for checking in.

Garbage day today, how can it have been a week but here we are. Two much lighter bags of garbage thanks to the new litter. Will get that together, lots of recyclables thanks to Amazon and their penchant for packaging small things on their own in a big cardboard box like my new thermometer, oh well. I am also going to space out trips to the place to put out as well. Every 20 or 30 minutes starting from about 5.00pm. Easier for me to The spinner on a recently purchased portable washer and spin dryer is not sounding good. I did spin out some stuff, not dripping either so put in dryer. I will not worry if stuff is not dripping. Might pull out a rack when nothing is coming from amazon or having to get stuff near the door, let them dry a bit then put in dryer.

I do feel the cold retreating so no meds taken today will wait until tonight.

I am frustrated, very tired of the food I eat, I do try variety but overall, just feel too bored and too picky to try a bunch of stuff. Eggs are one of those things. Think I need to precook and stick it in chopper with beans and croutons, throw the hashbrowns and peppers in and add olives and pepperoni. If the eggs have the same texture they will not be as much of a bother. I am getting rid of tortillas and debating a return of english muffins, that would give me an option to finish peanut butter. I will see.

I hope anyone in the path of Milton is safe, in pockets for that and everyone else sending support and love. In my own pocket to stop whining about food and just figure out what I want from it, whether it is more ready made stuff or what, more rice or whatever. I can figure it out, just need the patience to do it.

• sondraf
    sondraf Member Posts: 1,679

Ladies in Florida, stay safe. I've been watching live Ft Myers tv stations on YouTube and this is an incredible storm and I fear its going to absolutely erase what's left of the Old Florida charm of some of those barrier islands and around Sarasota. I saw some photos from AMI post Helen, this looks like it could take a direct hit completely which makes me so sad. We've spent many happy vacations there as family for the last 15 years or so, it holds a special place in our hearts.

• cookie54
    cookie54 Member Posts: 827

Sondraf Great news on stable, glad Enhertu is working for you! Now you just have to get home to your own comfy safe haven.

Irish , Tanya and all other in the path of Milton, I am holding everyone close in my prayers. Hugs.

• mara51506

Tanya, thank you for checking in with us, hope power holds up for you as well and in pocket for being safe from Milton.

I am officially a weakling tonight, I took out a bag of recycle and bag of garbage. Got another bag to go. Both triple bagged so I can roll down the stairs out back then pick up. I wanted all recycle gone but just don't have the energy. Have to use a cane for stairs so rolling or tossing down is the way to go. Still a bunch of boxes in front for recycle but decided that if I can manage to breakdown a box a day, I would be that much further ahead for recycle pick up next week. I can chill about those.

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,049

thinking of all you ladies dealing with this beast of a storm. Hoping it was more bark than bite. Love to all

• cookie54
    cookie54 Member Posts: 827

Mara I think about Carol everytime I log-on. BTW your not a weakling at all! You always find a way to get everything done yourself even if it's rolling the trashbags down the steps. It sounds to me like you do just fine!! Hope your DB has a speedy recovery.

Thinking of our Florida friends here, hoping everyone fared ok.

• rlschaller
    rlschaller Member Posts: 186

Laurel Glad to read you and everyone came through the storm Ok. It is exhausting all the prep and the anxiety, and I would have been out of my mind waiting for the kids to roll up in the RV. It’s been awhile since Hurricane Sandy hit up here in the NY NJ area, and it was exhausting and Scary. We were lucky as I live up on a hill, but most of Hoboken was under water and out of power for a week.

Tanya love that you were able to bake and help the grandkids, and take care of the stray kitties! 🐈‍⬛ hope the mama made it back. It’s a lot to weather a storm and care for the little ones. Glad you are safe.
    My Florida friends in Sarasota made it to Virginia, she is still waiting on word about her son who chose to stay. She said she can’t live her kids life for him, but it’s  a hard road to walk non the less.

Mara I think my favorite part of cooking is reading the recipes, it’s as if I can taste the food one ingredient at a time. Choosing, then seeing the colors on the counter as I pick the veggies, and chopping . It’s an active meditation for me lol.. since I mostly work from home, it’s easy to move from the office to the kitchen . Today was filled with meetings, so DH had leftover roasted root veggies with brown rice and steamed broccoli. I made avocado toast with a salad of raw vegies broccoli, cauliflower red cabbage with artichoke hearts and olives. I love reading about your choices and prep. YouTube is great! I use it mostly for my excersise in the mornings.

Sondraf awesome news on the Enhertu ! So happy for you.

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,049

Tanya so good to hear from you. So glad you’re ok and your family is as well. Looked so scary in the news. Isn’t there another storm on its tail? I just hope not! Hugs to all in Florida. Wish all well

• mara51506

I am glad that you enjoyed your trip @goldensrbest and have such a good relationship with your friends. I agree, cancer stinks.

@intolight Hope you had a good time tonight with DH and hope you are also feeling better as well.

Nothing for me today, enjoyed the eggs and hashbrowns, did not have anything but peanut butter. I got my Amazon delivery of some reese treats but only got the reeses pieces and one package of peanut butter cups, paid for 16. Pretty quick and easy to request reshipment at 0 cost, coming on Sunday.