Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

Comments

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,446

Three tree, I am glad you are stable and sorry to hear about the fatigue and brain fog you are dealing with. I can empathize with both the fatigue and brain fog. Thank you so much for being here today.

• mara51506

• irishlove
    irishlove Member Posts: 576

Happy Thanksgiving to our Canadians friends and families. 48 years ago this month I had my one and unfortunately, only trip to Canada. We went to Ontario, rented a cabin and fished. It was so beautiful. I saw my very first bald eagle. That silly bird stole a stringer of fish from another boat. Good thing it wasn't our boat, as we only had 2 fish on the stringer. lol

Mara, I'm sorry your washer and dryer are giving you fits. My washer will not drain if there are too many towels or heavy jeans in it. The dryer, which we bought used from a restore, runs great. I recently tried Marie Callendars vegetarian lasagna. Oh it was so good. Serves 1 to 2. Might want to give it a try?? I baked cornish hens today, along with Penna. potato filling, brocolli, gravy and cranberry sauce. It's sad that I baked 4 large hens and DH and I were the only ones to eat them. Hey, leftovers here we come for the next couple of days.

threetree, yeah I understand that overwhelming fatigue. I swear it hurts just to breathe. Heading to be very early, well at least for me anything before midnight is very early. On my 1 week break from Ibrance and hoping within a day or two I start finding my mojo again.

IN pockets for all your needs.

Laurel

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,350

Mara. I'm so sorry you are struggling with your washer and dryer. We depend on those so much! I wish there was something I could do to help. I couldn't cook tonight—felt too sick. So we all did our own thing. That's what leftovers are for! ha! I am convinced I am just reacting to the antibiotics. Grrr…

Happy Thanksgiving to all the Canadian friends on here.

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,049

Happy Thanksgiving to our Canadian sisters. Enjoy enjoy enjoy!

• mara51506

Well, today is sunny and cold but that is fine, slept a long while, I do credit the blackout sleep mask for that.

Doing laundry in the regular washer, no pump yet. will bail out and use towels to suck up rest of the water for now. Figure I should have an option 2 if needed in case the pump does not arrive. As long as washer side is almost dry, the spinner works as it did before. I am doing the rinse and softener cycle in bathroom sink. Only additional drying done are the towels being used. It is not ideal but if it works without too much bother, I prefer it this way. If the pump arrives, I will simply use that.

Supper will involve some canned chicken, chopped black beans and a package of the stuffing mix , that will be the ode to thanksgiving for me. Probably have a haagen daz bar I found in the freezer for dessert. My first meal will likely be an egg sandwich and hashbrowns or beefless ground, chopped beans and eggs with taco sauce and cheez whiz and cook in a pan. I also may take one of the KD cheese powder packs and add that as well.

Happy Thanksgiving to my Canadian friends and in pockets for everyone who needs me. It is also National Dessert Day on October 14th as well. Enjoy whatever you have for dessert as well.

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,049

so glad dogs are home. And yes it is all too much. Yes yes it is.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,542

Thank you for sharing your updates with the community, so glad to hear you are safe ♥️

• mara51506

Irish, glad dogs are back at home, you must be so relieved.

I am struggling with the pumps, is extremely tiring to use but will do short breaks if need be. Then use multiple towels to dry up both washer and dryer. If feel too tired or not doing blankets, just use wee washer and the sink as the softening cycle and rinse.

Ordered a happy meal with cheeseburger and fries. Added onions, lettuce and bacon with mayo as well, removed the pickles, got apple juice as well. It is far less expensive for me to get a cheeseburger meal with some mini fries. The big mac or other meals are upwards of 18 dollars before tax, tip and service fees.

I hope everyone has a good day, in pockets for all and that is about it.

• irishlove
    irishlove Member Posts: 576

Hi all you sweet ladies. It's snowing backside of Beech Mt., NC. Our friends were ok from the hurricanes but so many are now dealing with first freeze and snow. Yikes it's early. Thank you all so much for your caring ways. I appreciate each and everyone of you. I think the analogy of a bomb on a kitchen table is spot on. Cookie, sometimes we just try to hard to suck it up when we need to let it down. Thank you moderators for your caring post, too. I'm lucky to have such friends.

Kids just went home. Stress level dropped at least 99 per cent. Love them and they are safe and have their electric back on. But boy it was busy in this house. FPL came down our street today and cut over- hanging branches on power lines. Hmm, where were they a few days ago? One "hack" that we learned from a hardware store employee was to take water noodles (those foam floating circular items) cut to length of garage door. Then cut 3/4 of the way thru the noodle and slide the slitted foam thru the length of the garage door. It not only keeps water out, but aides with keeping cooler or warmer air. Another was to use soil and fill sand bags 3/4 way. First you don't have to wait in lines forever to get sand and your lawn will thank you for a refresh.

In pockets for all your needs and prayers for good scans.

• tanya_djamila
    tanya_djamila Member Posts: 1,535

Irish love what an intense lost/found puppy story before bed. Thank you

Tanya