Topic: My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

Forum: Stage IV/Metastatic Breast Cancer, Open to All To Contribute — Topics here are started by members with a Stage IV/Metastatic Breast Cancer diagnosis, but open to all members to contribute to discussions. Please note that there is a separate forum, Stage IV/Metastatic Breast Cancer ONLY, where topics are open only to those members.

Posted on: Jul 7, 2017 01:38AM - edited Oct 28, 2019 04:42PM by micmel

Posted on: Jul 7, 2017 01:38AM - edited Oct 28, 2019 04:42PM by micmel

micmel wrote:

As I go through this forced path I have been thrown down, I have come to realize the love I have always had for my husband was strong. He is amazing and I love him with my very soul and entire heart. Never would I ever imagine the thought of dying and him being alone. Then the worst part hit me!! I can't seem to shake the horrible sorrow of thinking of another woman taking my place in his life and his heart, and if I Am honest his bed. He is my best friend and the love of my life, I would never need another for any reason. He makes my life complete, and then this happens. How do I process that I most likely won't be the one growing old on the porch that we have talked about, how do I process, someone else sitting in that chair? I hate this trajectory path I've been spun onto, and everyday I feel grief and deep sorrow. How do I live everyday knowing in the back of my mind, I feel like a place holder, for another woman who will be stepping into my life when I die of this horrible disease, more sooner than later. Why would I even want to take any medicines or treatments, when the answer is pretty obviously in front of my face.? Why do we fight so hard for something we cannot control ? Why do we hurt so badly thinking about letting go, or giving up? It's a four letter word that holds so much power. That word is LOVE..... If you have ever felt this way. Share with me, because I understand, I feel this way everyday. I also don't know what to do with the sadness of loss or how to process the process of dying. However slow or fast it may be. Please share your love stories with me, how did you meet? How long together? I want to know your stories, everyone has their person. Everyone loves.....tell me about your family, your friends, your life too, as if this was your living room. ♥️

We are team FU cancer (Named by Parry, our sweet sister) and this is our Lol pub and living room. Welcome, put your feet up and just be you!

Everyone has to dance, they just don’t know what song they will get. Dx 1/22/2016, IDC, Left, 4cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, Grade 2, 13/35 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 2/10/2016 AC Surgery 6/21/2016 Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left) Chemotherapy 7/20/2016 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel) Targeted Therapy 11/7/2016 Ibrance (palbociclib) Surgery Chemotherapy Chemotherapy Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole)

Page 2687 of 2,811 (28,103 results)

May 22, 2022 02:12PM mara51506 wrote:

Thank you for keeping track Candy.

2015 chemos AC plus T Herceptin august 12 2016 craniotomy for brain met Sept 23 whole brain radiation November 2016 Herceptin, Perjeta and Taxol. Dec 2016, Dropped the Taxol due to extreme side effects, continuing Herceptin and Perjeta. Dx 3/15/2015, DCIS, Right, Stage 0, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Surgery 4/22/2015 Lymph node removal; Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Right) Dx 5/15/2015, IBC, Right, Stage IIIB, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Dx 7/29/2016, IBC, Right, 6cm+, Stage IV, metastasized to brain, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2+

May 22, 2022 04:01PM sunshine99 wrote:

Sondra, have fun! How great to have your mom come out for a while!

Mae, I'm so sorry. That totally sucks. I hope you're feeling better and STAY feeling better. I had no idea that spinal fluid removal could have such nasty side effects.

Mara, I haven't yet tried food delivery, but I see it being delivered to various neighbors. I'm assuming they're getting restaurant food, but who knows?

Kokomoon, what weird weather, right? Beaautiful last weekend then cool and drizzly this weekend.

I see a DQ Blizzard in my future – or maybe two? Mint Oreo or Heath Bar. I can't decide. Maybe one of each.

Candy, as always, thank you for keeping track of our tests. Good luck with yours!

Happy Sunday, everyone!

Carol

my-sunny-side-up.com Cancer has progressed to my bones. I pray that it never enters my soul. Dx 11/2/2007, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIA, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 3/26/2020, IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, ER+/PR-, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 4/22/2020 Arimidex (anastrozole) Radiation Therapy 5/5/2020 External Local Metastases 5/5/2020 Radiation therapy: Bone Radiation Therapy 5/12/2020 External Local Metastases 5/12/2020 Radiation therapy: Bone Targeted Therapy 6/10/2020 Ibrance (palbociclib)

May 22, 2022 05:48PM sf-cakes wrote:

Mae, sending you lots of healing energy and support, those are some awful side effects from the procedure.

This is some bullshit. Dx 6/2020, ILC, Left, 6cm+, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 2/4 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Surgery 7/1/2020 Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left) Chemotherapy 8/4/2020 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Radiation Therapy 11/3/2020 Chest wall Dx 1/2021, ILC, Left, 6cm+, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, Grade 3, ER+/PR-, HER2- Radiation Therapy 2/10/2021 External Local Metastases 2/10/2021 Radiation therapy: Bone Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole) Targeted Therapy Ibrance (palbociclib)

May 22, 2022 07:55PM mara51506 wrote:

Sunshine, restaurant delivery is hit or miss. It is actual restaurant food but and this is a big one, quality depends on what is ordered. If you get a meal that could be warmed up if need be for a few minutes in an oven, that would be fine and would be quite tasty. Cold items I do not recommend and would go through a drive thru or pickup your self to eat in the car or outside. Be mindful of fees, tips and delivery costs. The DQ blizzard I ordered was supposed to be 5.99 but it ballooned to 19.00. I will say again, it really did taste good but obviously a person wants to have it as intended. When it comes to ordering delivery, if coming from a restaurant, probably better to order more than needed and add your own ingredients to get more than one meal out of it.

Our water was shut off unexpectedly again. Apparently another "leak", I shouted down the stairs to ask what was going on. Guy said he was a plumber, I am not convinced but unable to prove anything so will let it go. I have water bottles in the fridge in case water is shut off so I am fine that way, just an annoyance.

My lunch was good. Decided to take english muffin, spread some garlic spread on it and toasted it in my Breville so the garlic would soak through. To add to the english muffin took about 1/8th of a cup of pinto beans, chopped up in regular chopper, heated for 20 secs in microwave. Added a tiny dot of ketchup, little tiny bit mayo and tiny bit of queso, would say no more than a tea spoon each and mixed up the beans to make a spread, spread that on top and it was really good. Think the whole thing is better than butter and peanut butter all the time, gives some variety. Another type of thing I may try is an egg mcmuffin with the bean mix spread on the muffin, who knows. Just trying to make my food work for less money and be changed enough to add variety to what are just a few core group of things I like. I also got a frozen beef stroganoff. I plan to heat it and keep it in the fridge so I can add the pasta as needed for flavour and do what I want or add beans or beans and eggs.

I also came across a video on youtube showing how you can take spaghetti noodles and cook by putting them in the pot of water with baking soda and that changes the taste and consistency so they come out like ramen noodles. I would have to research what goes in besides soy sauce. We will see.

2015 chemos AC plus T Herceptin august 12 2016 craniotomy for brain met Sept 23 whole brain radiation November 2016 Herceptin, Perjeta and Taxol. Dec 2016, Dropped the Taxol due to extreme side effects, continuing Herceptin and Perjeta. Dx 3/15/2015, DCIS, Right, Stage 0, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Surgery 4/22/2015 Lymph node removal; Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Right) Dx 5/15/2015, IBC, Right, Stage IIIB, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Dx 7/29/2016, IBC, Right, 6cm+, Stage IV, metastasized to brain, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2+

May 22, 2022 08:32PM kikomoon wrote:

Well last night I made chicken cacciatore for dinner. As soon as it was finished I got really nauseous and threw up what little snacks I ate :(. I am guessing this is due to the new Enhertu treatment. So I ate cream of wheat for dinner. I woke up with achy legs as well, but haven’t done anything to get those Took some ibuprofen for that. Not sure what is up with my body.

Yesterday evening someone came to the door and we didn’t answer it. The neighbor called about an hour later and said we had stuff on the stoop. DH went out there and found two Dominos pizzas and a salad. Boy someone was surely upset they did not get their pizza. DH gave one to the neighbor and ate the other one for dinner. “Porch pizza” we are calling it. No receipt or name or anything on the food. Chicken cacciatore hopefully tonight.

Dx 10/16/2020, IDC, Left, 6cm+, Stage IV, metastasized to brain/bone/liver/lungs, Grade 2, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Chemotherapy Xeloda (capecitabine) Targeted Therapy Herceptin (trastuzumab) Targeted Therapy Tukysa (tucatinib) Radiation Therapy External Targeted Therapy Perjeta (pertuzumab) Targeted Therapy Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy Taxol (paclitaxel) Local Metastases Brain

May 22, 2022 09:56PM livingivlife wrote:

Mae- I do hope you feel better soon . Are you still in a hotel or were you able to go back to your cabin retreat.

Kikomoon- I wish someone would drop off a couple of Domino pizzas at our door! (although we don't have delivery where we are). Hopefully you can eat your chicken dish tonight. Treatments can be brutal on one's body.

Candy- thank you for keeping the weekly scans, treatments and doctors appointments. Sending you good vibes for your own tests.

Um DQ does sound good. Just maybe I'll stop in when in the city this week!

Deb

May 22, 2022 11:34PM elderberry wrote:

kikomoon: I had a similar thing happen to me. One morning I opened the front door to find two large rubbermaid tubs on the front steps. It was winter so the stuff inside that was frozen was still frozen and also had ice packs etc inside. There were several packages of chicken breasts, ground lamb, a box of farro, seaweed chips, coconut milk, cookies, ---- too long ago to remember just how much STUFF was there. I had to move them inside to find that it was from SPUD organic food delivery and the sticker was for a person who also lived at 4116 -- just an entirely different street several blocks away. I called SPUD and they said "It was supposed to be delivered last night. We have already sent another delivery to him. Keep the food." They arranged to come back and pick up the tubs. Score!!

De Novo - this isn't a "brave battle" - it is a "furious struggle" Dx 3/6/2019, IDC, Left, 5cm, Stage IV, metastasized to liver, HER2+ Targeted Therapy Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy Taxol (paclitaxel) Targeted Therapy Perjeta (pertuzumab)

May 23, 2022 12:12AM candy-678 wrote:

Kikomoon- I LOVE Dominos pizza!!! I live less than a mile from one and so when I order the pizza I drive to get it carryout. I did have a Dominos pizza delivery guy come to my door twice now lately and I told them it was not me ordering--- they had the wrong address both times. I did tell the delivery guy "not me, but I wish it was". He just smiled.

April 2021 first progression and flip ER-/PR+ now. Current treatment as of Sept 2021 is Lynparza, Lupron (been on since Nov 2017), and Xgeva (been on since Nov 2017). Dx 6/2017, ILC/IDC, Left, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 9/2017, ILC/IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/liver, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 11/1/2017 Femara (letrozole) Targeted Therapy 11/1/2017 Ibrance (palbociclib) Hormonal Therapy 11/1/2017 Dx 4/2021, ER-/PR+, HER2- Targeted Therapy 9/1/2021 Lynparza (olaparib) Chemotherapy AC Surgery Lymph node removal; Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left)

May 23, 2022 12:28AM dodgersgirl wrote:

Illimae—- oh man, what a mess to have to endure. Hope the meds are continuing to be beneficial.

Sending you best wishes.

Dx 3/10/2017, IDC: Mucinous, Right, Stage IIIB, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 9/11/2017 Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Right) Dx 12/2019, IDC, Right, Stage IV, metastasized to bone Radiation Therapy Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall Chemotherapy AC + T (Taxol) Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole)

May 23, 2022 01:25AM mara51506 wrote:

That is so awesome, bet you enjoyed what the extra food made as well. SCORE!!!!!

Page 2687 of 2,811 (28,103 results)

Scroll to top button