Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

Options

Comments

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,577
    Options

Bigbhome, it's an app called bitmoji, I love it. Can't get enough, it cracks me up.

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 9,876
    Options

Nan~ Wonderful wonderful news my friend. I am smiling and thrilled to hear good news. I wish we could all hang together and celebrate some well deserved news! You have been through a rough month!!! We held your stool at the table ! I can't think of much more to Smile about, then hearing how happy your team Is with how well you're doing. Big hugs my friend!

Mae~ so nice to see you here! I love your posts!

Claudia my dear. I am here. My sweet DH is home for an extra long weekend, which makes me happy. Today is a good day. Nice to see you all ladies. Love you guys ~M~

Keetmom ~ hope all is well!

• keetmom
    keetmom Member Posts: 299
    Options

Nan-- good news!!! Keep those good scans coming...mine is in about 6 weeks..

Every morning I get up and think I will  start packing today...and then I don't..Have a week and I will have to be ready..a week from now we will be trying to get some sleep so we can leave at 3 am for the Beach...Looking forward to some drinks with little umbrellas....and our whole family together our 21 year old is coming with us..she has been working a ton so we haven't seen her a ton this summer....(of course she turned 21 over winter so she will want drinks with little umbrellas too)

• micmel
    Options

Keetmom~I remember packing for a long vacation, I always ended up wearing the same thing everyday. My bathing suit with a comphy cover up with my favorite shorts and sandals. I hope you all have great weather and the best memories one could ever make. You are a wonderful mom and person. I can't believe it's already August. Where did the summer go? I don't want to rush things by any means but I am not a happy sweating kind of gal. I need the fall to arrive so I can feel active again.

Claudia~ hope all is well in your world, we have had three good news scans here this month. Let's go for every scan being awesome ladies!! I hope everyone has a great Friday, and weekends. I think we are cloudy today. Which is fine with me. I am not a sun goddess any longer. Cancer took care of that as well. Now not only am I one boob down, I am pale as a ghost while I'm at it. Yuck!

Nan~ still riding the effects of your good news wave. I hope every second for a good long time to come. You can smile and say. I'm kicking cancers ass!! I love you guys!!

Mae~ welcome to the thread! Hope you will join us and share your thoughts of your day, and know we are always here with a stool with your name on it. Love those emojis.

Love you guys. Sisters always! ~M~

• bigbhome
    bigbhome Member Posts: 721
    Options

Good morning everyone! Last day of 23rd cycle of Ibrance! Still going strong...ok not so much...tired. Cloudy and rainy here today, but I am not going to wallow in it. I have paperwork i have to tackle today.

The news here has been awesome...let's keep it up!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Hugs and prayers

Claudia

• illimae
    Options

Thanks for the welcome, although, I've been here before (pages 1 & 2), it's just been a while. My husband is back out on the road again, so I'm pretty much on my own until October. We will miss each other even though we speak every day but we also seem to make each other lazy, so these breaks are actually very productive times for us individually. His cooking and naps = weight gain :(

• micmel
    Options

I remember seeing you here before Mae! I am sorry but I have to lol at you saying you make each other lazy. lol that's perfect. It means you're so comfortable with each other. I do however totally relate to the gaining weight thing because of DH cooking. Although ibrance doesn't give me my functioning taste buds. Ugh! Nothing has taste anymore. I hope your DH will be safe on his travels. My DH goes to Our other house all week and comes back Home on weekends. I miss him a lot during the weeks. But I also think it's part of the reason I am doing so well. I have to do things on my own. Although I do love love it when he is here. He's here until. Tuesday this week. So let us say ....welcome back!

Claudia~ hello my dear. Cloudy here too. Paperwork is not fun. I am still dealing with all that with this accident. They totaled the car Like I thought. Why is it. They never seem to give you quite what you put into it?? Sucks! Now we play the settlement on an amount of worth for the car from the loss department. That should be such fun!! Grrrrr. Hope you will have a good day when you're done the paper work!! Hugs to all ~M~

• micmel
    Options

okay Claudia I just went back and read. Did you say 23 round wow. That's amazing. I'm truly thrilled for that. That is something else. You keep going on this medicine. You're amazing. God bless you darling ! ~M~

• keetmom
    Options

Rainy and cold here too..its actually below 60...got our suitcase and started packing..

Claudia 23 cycle...that is great..I did 12 would have loved more....

• bigbhome
    Options

So I was supposed to be doing paperwork...did this instead. Darn, it won't come up. Says not enough memory. I made an emojis. Oh well...I have to figure out how to send it

Keetmom - I wish you could have gotten 23 also. I agree with Michel, a bathing suit, cover up, comfy shorts, comfy tees and flip flops! Your packed! You are going to have a great time! Beaches and family...always a winning combo!

Nan- have an awesome weekend, you deserve it! I wish I had a fraction of your strength!

Mae - I have to figure out how to get this to work. Thanks for sharing where to get the emojis! I thought my dh used to travel alot! That must be rough.

Micmel- Enjoy every second with your dh! Mo said he knew a couple of women from the Ibrance trial still on it! That's our new goal!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Hugs and prayers

Claudia

• micmel
    Options

Hello! It turned out to be a hot one today. Humid and nasty. I don't know how I used to be in the sun all day long. My days of sun bathing are long gone. That makes me sad. I love the pool and the feel of the sun on my skin. I agree the emojis are a lot of fun! I spend a long time looking for them also. I'm not as technical as Mae either. Lol. I am still Game of thrones watching! Perfect thing to do inside the house on a hot day outside. It's the weekend. Anyone have good plans? I know keetmom is going away for vacation. We will miss you! Hope your family travels safely.

Mae show uswhat you got with those emojis!! More more!

Nan~ hugs sweet friend.!! ~M~

• keetmom
    Options

Got to have dinner with our 21 year old today...her sisters were very happy :)...a week from now we will be through the first day of our drive..the weekend needs to be spent shopping for last minute stuff for the trip...IE snacks for in the car to make the trip easier..though we will still probably buy stuff at gas stations...

• illimae
    Options

For the GoT fans

And for those who still laugh at childish things

• micmel
    Options

Raises her hand and admits the child still lives inside of me. Lol. DH will love that one. lol those are really cute. ~M~

• micmel
    Options

I woke up feeling fine and pretty good physically. My DH is so active, I feel like I am the hole in his bucket. I hate that feeling. I just can't do what I want or what I am used to doing. Then it hits me again. There is a strong chance he will go onto meet someone else. Then my Heart is ripped out beating on the floor again. Such pain that brings me. How the hell am I supposed to just accept that I am going to be leaving him way before either of us ever imagined? How am I supposed to just accept any of that.?I hate cancer so much. I hate feeling like i have already died. But yet I am still here. I suffer everyday with this heavy feeling of loss in my heart. It just never goes away. I wanted to travel with him. I wanted to grow old with him. I love him. He loves me, why did this even have to happen? I don't understand. I know I never will. Hope everyone else is doing good. ~M~

• bigbhome
    Options

Micmel - I hope you feeling better today! I hope you are just enjoying your time together and not thinking about the future. But if you are... I read your dx and your treatments and you my friend are probably going to be here for years! We have the same cancer and are on the same treatment (I know everyone is different) and here i am over 5 years later and going strong! If I can you , you can. You are young, you are otherwise health, and to quote my xmo, if you have to be stage 4, this is the best place to be. Bones only. So my plan is to be here a long time.

We have been crazy busy the last few days and by early evening we have been exhausted. Last night we had dinner with a group of friends and laughed and had a great time! Feeling good today and plan to enjoy the day.

Illimae - I think you would be a hoot to hang out with! I built my emoji but when I try to send it i get a not enough memory to complete the process. I even dumped a bunch of junk of my tablet to create more space and still can't do it. ..sigh.

Nan- How did your scan come out? I hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Hugs and prayers

Claudia

• illimae
    Options

bigbhome, bummer about the app and I have my moments, I do find humor in many things :)

• bigbhome
    Options

• bigbhome
    Options

I did it!! That's me!

• illimae
    Options

Hahaa! Nice, love it! :)

• bigbhome
    Options

• bigbhome
    Options

1 off my bucket list! We did this 5 years ago after radiation!

Where are you Micmel? I hope you are having a great day!

Claudia

• micmel
    Options

Claudia~. Yay! You did it. Awesome. I am going to have to see how the heck to do that.

Mae created a monster! Lol. Glad to see everyone here. I very much enjoy your good spirit and laughter Mae I hope you'll keep coming back

Nan~ where are you darling? Hope all is well. Keeping your seat warm for you!

Keetmom~hoping your vacation is as awesome as you and your family had hoped.

My sweet friend is at the cancer center again. Dianarose, I am praying beyond prayer at this point to help her. She's an angel I found here along side of you wonderful people.

Hugs to all.

• micmel
    Options

I love that pic Claudia. Look at your beautiful smile!! You look so happy. I can see why it would be your bucket list item! I love swimming! I have DH here and he was making homemade pasta. I was spending some quality time with him. I adore that man!! Where were you in that picture!? Loving it! Hugs and prayers !!

• micmel
    Options

image .....I really have to learn to heed this phrase everyday. I am my minds worst enemy! Love you guys. Now I am going to work on learning those awesome emojis! ~M~

• bigbhome
    Options

Good morning Micmel, we were at Adventure Island in Florida. I loved the dolphins! I am such an animal lover! The beauty of nature, and the beauty of animals, never fails to put a smile on my face! A lot of our trips are focused on those two things!

Grandchildren, nature and animals never fail to bring smiles and a feeling of peace!

Good morning to everyone! Nan?

Hugs and prayers everyone

Claudia

• micmel
    Options

I want to go there !! Looks like fun. I love dolphins as well. I also love the water. Not sure if I'll ever get to an island with my DH like we planned. I am feeling pretty good these past few days. Today I crashed. Slept two naps and I think I am going on nine hours of sleep. Hope I am able to sleep tonight. My medicine does help mellow me out but I did get sleep for all of us today! Hope your day has been good. Where is Nan?? Nan, Nan? Hope everything is ok darling. Haven't seen you in a few days or more. Keetmom. Preparing to leave soon for your trip. I am worn out thinking about it. God bless you guys! Mae~ hope you're having a good day also. I can't believe it's almost over already and I slept Most of it. Hugs ! To all !! ~M~

• bigbhome
    Options

Micmel - you're so funny! Adventure Island is in Orlando, Florida! It was not my first choice but we could not afford Aruba! Actually, it turned out to be fun, especially if you love water! I would do it again. If you go off-season , you can get combo tickets for Sea World and Adventure Island. It is extra to swim with the dolphins! Also, it's not so insanely hot!

Every summer ,we ask ourselves why we stay here, and every winter we say this is why. It's not just winter , though. From October to end of April is great! May is a struggle, then June to October is miserable. No place is perfect.

Hi Keetmom, Nan and Illimae!

Hugs and prayers

Claudia

• illimae
    Options

hi bigbhome and everyone :) Hope everyone is well. This is a week of adjustments for me, started back to work yesterday, I'm happy, I was so bored at home but I hate getting up to an alarm. I would sleep in and just come in late but I start radiation tomorrow and will be leaving early every day for the next 6 weeks.

• micmel
    Options

Mae~ I haven't had radiation yet and I don't really know too much about it, I know it's a lot of consecutive appointments to have and time consuming to travel for some. I hope you're going to sail through it with little side effects. You're in my prayers.

Claudia~I have been trying to get out at least once or twice a day. Even if it's just a ride. I am looking forward to fall so I can start walking again. I enjoy the cooler air and weather. I have always wanted to go to a tropical island. I have never been to Florida. But I have been to Berumda and Hawaii,. So I guess they qualify as islands lol but those weren't with my DH. We have been focusing on raising the kids and making sure they have a good home and life. My divorce was pretty nasty. Then I found the love of my life! Everyday has been a blessing. I am watching game of thrones and then I guess I'll see if I can sleep. Ugh! Naps some days aren't a good idea! Hugs to everyone and prayers coming your way. ~M~