how about drinking?

Comments

• maryland
    maryland Member Posts: 1,047
    edited October 2014

Evening girls, me again, stayed in bed till 1 then the sun came out and I decided I was tired of my pity party. Took a shower, put on some make-up and went golfing with my DH. then we took the dogs to the park, I came home and sat on my butt while he fixed me dinner. Percocet and wine... or whine, whatever..... sweet dreams, thanks for listening....

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,902
    edited October 2014

Good foggy morning,
    Loungettes!How is everyone this
    morning?The play last night was really
    funny.Cast of only 2 men, playing all
    the parts with lots of quick changes of costume, alternating between male and
    female roles.There was a Lord, his
    Lady, a maid, a hunchback, a vampire, a werewolf, a mummy, a ghost (of course)
    and lots of campy overacting.It was
    fun!

Goldie--Oops, bumped
    you into the pool yesterday ayem!Great
    choco-pumpkin martini, hope the tenders have enough ingredients to make another
    big batch today, I want more.

Genny--guess you
    can't say you never get sick anymore!Sorry to hear it, though, sounds like you feel pretty miserable.Your furbabies have bells to ring when they
    need to go out?How did you teach them
    to do that?

Collett--GREAT
    PICS!Love the T-Shirts, and all the
    doings.I can imagine you are tired
    today, get some rest and thanks for sharing the pics.

Genny--Glad you are
    feeling better!

Princess Glitter
    Sizzles DOTD--repeat the last two, again!

Lori's Saturday
    Night Special

1 oz Banana Liqueur

1 oz Coconut Rum

1/2 oz Dark Rum

Vanilla Ice Cream

Best served in a
    Parfait Glass.

Directions

Blend all
    ingredients until smooth. If it gets too thick, add some cream. Top with
    whipped cream and a cherry.

DOTD-CHOCOLATE
    PUMPKIN MARTINI

3/4 ounce Vanilla
    Vodka

1/2 ounce Bailey's

1/2 ounce Kahlua

1/2 ounce Crème de
    Cacao

1/4 teaspoon Pumpkin
    Pie Spice

Pinch cayenne pepper

Ice cubes

In cocktail shaker,
    combine Vanilla Vodka, Bailey's, Kahlua & Crème de Cacao, Pumpkin Pie
    Spice, and cayenne pepper. Add ice; cover and shake until very cold. Strain
    into chilled martini glass. -

• goldie0827
    goldie0827 Member Posts: 6,835
    edited October 2014

NM, on the solar, since you are tied to the grid and if you make more than you use, I think you can sell it back to the electric company. We are not on a grid, therefore don't have that option. Glad you have the little electric one to take the edge off. Hope you enjoyed the show. And that DOTD yesterday, Lori's Saturday Night Special, MUST be drank at Lori's Shady Lady Hotel!

Mary, sorry don't feel well and hope you kick that cold to the curb right quickly! Also, that Arimidex can be making you feel not yourself as well. Glad you got some happy on and went golfing. I hope you have a good day today too.

GO TEAM COLLETT! Love all of the pictures, but sorry it wore you out and you are in pain. I hope you have a restful day today. I love Jackson in his little hat, so cute, and your DD is beautiful too.

Wow, quiet Saturday night in the lounge! I'm having my little buddy come over today, his folks have some business to take care of, and said it would be easier to do without him, so I offered to take him. My neighbor told his wife that he can feel his body failing him and the cancer taking over and he's not really eating much of anything, pretty much just some gatorade.

So everyone can come on back to the Shady Lady and have an official "Shady Lady" cocktail

Ingredients
    1 oz. Tequila
    1 oz. Melon Liqueur
    4 oz. Grapefruit Juice
    Lime Wheel and/or Cherry to garnish

Directions
    Combine the ingredients in an ice filled cocktail shaker.  Cover, shake well, and pour into a Rocks glass.  Garnish accordingly, insert a couple of sipping straws, and get ready for a memorable drink.  Bottoms up, to our featured cocktail, the... Shady Lady Cocktail.  Enjoy!

• maryland
    edited October 2014

Happy Birthday Dara! I baked you a cake, hope you like it! Hope you got home safe and sound and can pop into the lounge today for some shots!

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited October 2014

Good Morning Ladies---

Nancy and Mary u guys really pull it together, u'r rads are so difficult and I'm so sorry and when the Drs. say worse it can't be a good feeling. No doubt the sensitivity of u;r skin, I just hope u do rest enough, it's important for u. Those pics were great what a turnout---but Jackson stole the show for sure. Mary if u'r coughing a lot, u might not be able to get rads , they'll see when u go there.

OK 2 drinks yesterday and both sounded yummy to me.

And yes I did get all confused about Julie's operation, now I have it straight and we'll get everything stocked up Julie for you In our UFO and u'll be so fine they'll throw u out of the hospital.

Lori u've been busy (as usul) nothing stops u either. WTF I just woke up after almost 24 hrs of sleeping, I just couldn't stay awake yesterday and then I slept all night--I acting out one of the seven deadly sins here, this is bad. I have to get my energy back, well some of it anyway.

NM that sounds like a fun nite, glad u can go and enjoy it.

Dara u must be going crazy, or crazier right now so much is happening. Hope u'r dad is OK.

Hi everyone I'm missing--my head is still in a fog- OK OK worse than usual.

I LUBS u all muchly

• goldie0827
    edited October 2014

LOL, payback NM. Bumped you into the pewl this ayem! Which is A-OK as the water is so warm. I'm actually going to join you. I'll have the Tenders get us started with a Chocolate Pumpkin. Anyone else in for a swim?

• goldie0827
    edited October 2014

HUGE pool party this morning! How fun!

Cami and Mary have joined us now!

Cami, you've been in bed since yesterday morning? My goodness, that really is having your energy ZAPPED. I hope you are feeling better today and not coming down with something.

NM, only 2 guys in the play? Amazing. I bet it was funny. Oh, luv Sadie's FB page!

• maryland
    edited October 2014

A swim sounds perfect, I'll meet ya there right after I take the furbabies to the park. 

Cami, my cough is much better today, I'll be getting my rads tomorrow come hell or high water...I WILL be done on November 10th! Hope you feel better soon, maybe Joey could come in and play you a lullaby.

Lori, how old is your lil buddy? So sad he's losing his dad at such a young age, my heart breaks for them. Loved the pumpkin martini, think I'll have another today.

NM, so glad you enjoyed the play, sounds like fun. I'm feeling much better today, on the mend. Hope you and Sadie have a good day of slacking.

Nancy, good pics, that Jackson...what a doll! Have a good time with Samara.

It's going to be another beautiful day here in Ohio, high 50's and sunny. I haven't been feeding my fall birds so I want to get my feeders cleaned up and filled. I might go pick all the green tomatoes and bring em' in and wrap them in newspaper, I heard they'll turn red that way. Have any of you tried that? Anyway, I'd love to golf again, might be my last chance for the year, I think by next weekend I'll be too sore and I'm sure this indian summer will be ending soon. Going to be 70 tomorrow but I'll be working. Well, anywho...hope you all have a great day, meet ya in the lounge in awhile.

• maryland
    edited October 2014

Oops bumped into the pool by Lori... yep that looks exactly like me and Cami...

• goldie0827
    edited October 2014

Well Mary, my little buddy really isn't "little", he is actually 30. Mom is 73 and dad somewhere around there. As for the tomatoes, they should turn red without wrapping them in newspaper. I think that's suppose to make them keep longer. I tried it a LONG time ago, but don't remember if it worked or not!

EDITED to remove photos.

• MemaSue56
    MemaSue56 Member Posts: 2,061
    edited October 2014

Happy Birthday Dara Dahlink!

• MemaSue56
    MemaSue56 Member Posts: 2,061
    edited October 2014

OK, again I give up.  Pics shows up when I paste it but then doesn't went I submit.

Heading for Vegas today so not much time.  Wanted to say Hi and let Mary and Nancy kno that I still pray for them and am too sad there is sooo much pain.  I kno it will end but still hell until it does.  (((( Mary and Nancy))))

Love all the pics Lowee and Nancy.  Love all you girls and will try to catch up tomorrow.

lubslubslubslubslubs!!

• goldie0827
    edited October 2014

THIS IS FROM SUE TO DARA. Well crap, I can't get it to work either Sue!

And my bad for not wishing you a Happy one here. I love you muchly, my adorkable wacky friend. I hope your day is as special as you are.

• goldie0827
    edited October 2014
  • ncollett
    ncollett Member Posts: 753
    edited October 2014

I brought some drinks to share for da pool party!!

Dara I gots you a present for ya Birtday!! Happy Birthday Girl!! Love ya and Hope you have a good one!

NM I am glad you had a great time at the show last night. I love a good show like that. 

Mema hope you have a good time in Vegas! Win some for me if your gamblin. :) Love ya Mema

Gonna go get Little Miss Samara in a bit and Mr Jackson is coming over so this should be fun. I slept most of yesterday afternoon. Lol. That was the best walk I have ever been a part of so uplifting! I thought of each and everyone of you as I was walking. 

Genny I am glad your feeling better and loved that video you posted of Nora. She is so darn cute! And I will have a piece of that Jack cake Genny after Dara cuts it! It looks Nummy!! :)

Lori your little buddy is so sweet! Bless his heart! Ill be praying for him. Your so sweet.  And I think I am gonna have to try that Pumpkin drink it really looks good! 

Love you girls see you later 

• dara_diverse
    dara_diverse Member Posts: 5,004
    edited October 2014

Hi girls, 

Quick pop in as I am having  busy day with my sisters, DD and exDH's visiting for my burp I mean birth dey! tHANKS for the burpdey err birfdey wishes, cakes and wishes, I jest love you goils. And Sue, thanks for trying, I got your card and it cracked me the hail up. I love you girls.

It is a bittersweet day, I just got in last night just before midnight, we both fell asleep on the airplane and really needed the rest. The week was tiring but I aint gonna complain no more since some of my seesters here are in active treatment and are ReALLY tired. Thinking of you Mary and Nancy. Mary, you sound better today, whew, I was so worried bout ya. We are a resilient bunch of goils and I just know you will both bounce back.  Nancy, loved all the pics, thanks for sharing.

Hello to everyone else, I try to come back tonight once mese gits some jack in my yack hehe! Sorry to be so short, I do feel guilty if it helps. Much love to all you special girls, would not have ever made it this far without my breasties ♥

chEErs!

• camillegal
    edited October 2014

image  HAPPY BIRTHDAY, THE CAKE IS SELF EXPLANATORY

• camillegal
    edited October 2014

Mary glad u'r feeling so much better, wow u work fast. The only reason I said u might not get rads was cuz when u have a cough and lay down u cough more and move so they won't do them til u'r cough stops, cuz it happened t me--that was the only reason, but if u'r cough is much better than it won't happen/ Good.

Well I see we're all in the pewl that was fast, I look wonderful BTW--I just took a 3 hr nap, WTF is going on, should my newer meds be working yet? I really don't know how long they all take to kick in, I think it's been almost 2 weeks now I never start when I'm supposed to of course, I meditate long to try to help my body, well that's not doing any good. LOL my thyroid must really be bad, when they said it really wasn't working I felt better then than I do now. Oh well rant over.

Lara Lara where are uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.

SusyQ I hope u'r trip is most winnable.

Lori I love u'r pics, u are so bootiful.

LUBS u all

• maryland
    edited October 2014

Hahaha...Cami, leave it to you to find the poifect birtday cake fer r little miss Dara! Love it! Dara..enjoy your evening, I'm havin' a Jack and coke at this very moment in your honor.

Lala.. come out come out wherever you are....

• maryland
    edited October 2014

Just got this one.... omg..I love this little girl, melts my heart.

• camillegal
    edited October 2014

Oh Mary she is a blessing-her eyes are so piercingly beautiful blue---I love bue eyes being Italian and marrying Italian we don't see many blue eyes in our family and we all want blue eyes.

• 4sewwhat
    4sewwhat Member Posts: 1,895
    edited October 2014

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!  I heard there was a pool party!

I know I am so out of the loop.  Heading to the hospital at 5:30 am for another damn "procedure" then I hope to be able to ketchup!

Lubz and Hugz and Prayerz!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 4sewwhat
    edited October 2014

• 4sewwhat
    edited October 2014

• juliet62
    juliet62 Member Posts: 3,246
    edited October 2014

happy birthday darla,hope you had a wonderful day,   we had cake in work ,mind somebody messed up and it said  it's a boy  but it was good, there was no alcohol as they frown upon us drinking the hand sanitizer.

• juliet62
    juliet62 Member Posts: 3,246
    edited October 2014

• maryland
    edited October 2014

cami, my mom was loved blue eyes, hers were brown, my dad's were blue. They had 5 kids, none of us got his blue eyes and she jokingly complained about it. Boy she sure would have been crazy about Nora!

Hi Julie, hope to see ya soon, thanks for the eye candy!

• ncollett
    ncollett Member Posts: 753
    edited October 2014

Julie that is some eye candy!! Genny love love love the picture of Nora so adorable!!

My two little peanuts together Jackson and Samara

So Samara says she is a Princess, Jackson says Im a Princess too. Samara says no you cant be a Princess your a boy. Jacksons says no I bwue. Samara says I not bwue I pink. I said yep you both got it right. lol. 

• camillegal
    edited October 2014

Oh Nancy how adorable, and she's so dark haired and he's so blonde just beautiful.

4   Good Luck with u'r whatever it is, tell us later what's going on.

Julie u make me laugh.

Mary what a shame u'r mom couldn't meet Nora, but I did the same thing I married an Italian with bright blue eyes--2 girls with brown eyes, my DD2 married an Italian with bright blue eyes too, Joey's eyes are brown. We just couldn't get it done right LOL--after I had my 2 girls that all I wanted, so we got a divorce on the grounds of no blue eyes happening.

• dara_diverse
    dara_diverse Member Posts: 5,004
    edited October 2014

cheers!