Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

TIME TO CIRCLE THE WAGONS GIRLS

Comments

• tflowers
    tflowers Member Posts: 232
    edited December 2006
    Happy Wednesday girls (guys)
    Beautiful and chilly here on my end of camp. Feels like winter should.
    Please add pimples to my cold sores now. Junk must be escaping from my body. The only difference is that I switched to Aramidex 2 months ago. Anyone else?

Michelle...great to hear from you again. Maybe we'll see in you January with NJ get togeather?

Susan...your card came back to me...now if I can add or see the stamps, we'll be fine.

NS...checking on the floor to see how you're doing.xoxo

Mena...still working on the tree??

Ishopi....when is your next treatment?? I'll try to show up.xoxo

All others...you're in my thoughts and back to work. This week is crazy and I'm so sick of hoagies. Everytray from vendors has them...Need my own trainer after this month!!

Love to all.xoxo
  • lv2cmp
    lv2cmp Member Posts: 899
    edited December 2006
    Good Morning circle girls,

Alaskadeb so glad the accupuncture worked. I know somebody that does it for back pain and she swears by it. Hope the pain stays away and dont over do it just because you feel better.

Lini-its nice to know another card is coming. this was the best thing to do,,i have loved every one that I received.

NS-hope your back pain is improving. We miss you around here when you arent able to check in. Your words are always so very well written.

tgirl-laughing out loud at your hoagie statement. You are right though,,every tray has them.

Susan-hope things are going well for you. You were having a rough time with the inconsiderate husband so hopefully things are smoothing out.

Michelle-chocolate coma,,couldnt think of a better coma to be in.

csp-excellent news! That was so sweet of denise to show up for you. You two really have a strong bond.

Oh my gosh shirley--5 hours in Walmart! I would freaking die. I did run in yesterday and pick up guitar hero II for my sons PS2- He added that to the list this past Saturday and I walked in and they were putting them on the shelf. It looks like its a fun thing to do so I just might enjoy the game also.

Liz-congrats on the good news. Wooohooo!

kristin-glad to hear Taxol is agreeing with you. I did taxotere every 2 weeks. I know right now you think it will never end but it really does.

My decreased xeloda dose seems to be working out ok. I think my body is in shock getting less. Septic tank is done and inspector gave it the go ahead so its being covered up as we speak. I told my son yesterday that I know he didnt think it would happen due to time but it all worked out and he really did get a septic tank for Christmas. He just smiled but I could tell he was really wondering if I was telling the truth. I am looking forward to Santa comes because Santa has done a good job this year if I say so myself. Lets see,,a fender electric guitar and a new amp, a guitar bag, a NorthFace denali jacket, ipod-nike shox that you connect your ipod to, several pairs of jeans, nike socks, under armor socks, Polo black cologne, a BB/pellet gun because he made the comment that he never had gotten one of those, guitar hero ps2 game, need for speed ps2 game, Madden 07 for the xbox, and some Rocky boots. Hes 12 years old and wears an 11. Thats a big foot if you ask me.

ok off to get some work done. Our Christmas lunch is today so will be stuffed afterwards.

Amy
  • snowmen_n_thongs
    snowmen_n_thongs Member Posts: 367
    edited December 2006
    good morning ladies!
    another brisk day here,,, brrrrr but not nearly as bad as it could be i think we are expecting a high of minus 3!
    another slow day at work today... and yes it sure does make time stand still.. omg only 5 more shopping days left..
    i found this georgous polaris ski jacket ( polaris is a type of snowmobile or quad) the regular price was 480.00 bucks and i got it for 80.00 bucks i am so excited..i got that for my dad...
    i still have some odds and ends to pick up....not sure what to get my boss thinking a case of beer.... lol
    hey alaskadeb sure glad your feeling better for the holidays!!!!!!!!!!!!
    mena mena i was thinking of you last night heheheheh but seriously big hugssssssssss and the toothbrush thingy hahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    you know some days when i am so mad at hubby i often think i should use his toothbrush for the toilet!!
    well another day and life goes on!!!!!
    so have a great day ladies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    tracey
  • sherloc
    sherloc Member Posts: 893
    edited December 2006
    Good Morning girls. Got up at 4:30 again. UGH!! Supposed to head to Sacramento today but still haven't started my laundry from my trip. Have to have clean clothes for Christmas. So might not be heading out till tomorrow. Had a lovely massage yesterday. Actually fell asleep on the table. It was grand.

Dry Cleaned....hahahhaha

Shel, losing your shirt is better than losing your pants....I think.

Christine, Mary, Did you know is by Chris Rice. Came out about 15 years ago I think.
    Hubby is a Vans fan. Has some really goofy ones.

Mena, Hot Topic - My boys favorite store. All those zippers and chains are apparently real girl magnets. Geesh!!
    5 hours at Walmart is 4 hours and 59 minutes to much for me. I HATE WALMART.... but I am a gooooooooooooddddddddddd grammie so I do what I must.
    Daughter made my life very difficult this year. She and hubby have instituted a 3 gift rule for the kidlets. One from parents and one from each set of grandparents. Took that long to find the perfect gift for each of my favorite babies.

Nicki, port out is a good thing, really truly.
    Spring....YAH!!!
    Have a great party. I love the present swap game. Are you going in a grass skirt? hahahahha

Off to start make a dent in the clothes piles. Have a great day everyone.
  • sherloc
    sherloc Member Posts: 893
    edited December 2006
    well shoot, how did I miss a whole page.

Hi Michele, don't wear yourself out.

Lini, hahahhah that is so me.

Susan, have a good day at work.

Theresa, I got nasty zits while on arimidex too. No cold sores tho.

Amy, a septic tank for Christmas, what a thoughtful gift...hahaahhahahhahahhah
    I saw the kids crowded around that guitar thingy at wally world yesterday. I will never understand the video game craze.
    Size 11....yikes!

Tracey...confession....I once used hubbys toothbrush to clean the soap scum around the faucet when I was mad at him. shhhhhhhhhh don't tell.

Now I'm really outa here.
  • newvickie
    newvickie Member Posts: 2,941
    edited December 2006
    ewww...you ladies aren't coming to my house until I hide my toothbrush!!! Scary gross!!!
    Two of my sisters actually did that to each other. They used to fight terrible all the time...One confessed to me one day that she had used the other sisters toothbrush to clean the toilet...what she didn't know was that my other sister had confessed to doing the same thing to her!!! I hide my toothbrushes when those two are around too!!!
    ok...suppposed to be working so off I go again.
    Hugs all
    Vickie
  • Sandra1957
    Sandra1957 Member Posts: 1,064
    edited December 2006
    I hide them in hotels also. And rinse with hot water before I use it again.

Amy - My kid is 12 also and wears size 11. His nickname is "BigFoot" at soccer camp.
  • cmb35
    cmb35 Member Posts: 554
    edited December 2006
    Holy Mackerel once again! I literally cannot keep up, read really quickly, but am running short on time. So....

NS - What is up with the PMs? I never get PMs, nasty or otherwise, but I just truly don't get that whole thing. So someone doesn't like what you have to say so they send you a PM that says "I don't like your opinion" or whatever? Weird! Now, I exaggerated when I said I never get PMs, I did get one from Lilia re quilts, and then Deb C sent me one cause I told Lilia she was my first. It was like a happy little present flashing away for me! Then, I apparently did something to make it be that I can't accept PMs (thanks Mena for letting me know!) It would just never occur to me to send someone a nasty PM. I thought the point was to tell someone something that you don't necessarily want posted on the board for all to see - like a home address or some other personal information. Sorry, don't mean to go on and on, but I just really don't get people sometimes. Good for you for having such a good (and mature and normal) outlook on it - delete it from the computer and delete it from your mind. AARRRGGHHH! Also, glad to hear you're feeling better, and that you're postponing all doctor's visits until 2007!

Nicki - did you see that Lawrence Taylor was on the Tonight Show (or one of those late night shows) last night?? I totally cracked up and thought of you! How weird that he would suddenly appear out of the woodwork after all these years. I didn't watch (way past my bedtime) but I'm dying to know what he had to say!

Vicki - totally cracking up at the toothbrush thing (or was that Mena?) I am so grossed out by someone else using my toothbrush, and by it touching anything. My fiance accidently used mine not that long ago (they are those sonicare ones and they do look really similar) and I had to replace the head on mine. Truly, I'm a freak about it!

Deb C - Welcome back! Glad you had a great time! Shingles suck out loud - I'm so sorry! I hope you're feeling better soon.

Amy - so sorry about the poor little goat! Loved the picture of Mazer - my son laughed and laughed, he loved it too!

Lini - too funny about the cards. I'm doing the thing now when I get a card from a non-bco friend that I think, "now did I send them a card?" Since I can't remember jack s#*& anymore, I need to decide to send another one (and say, sorry if this is a duplicate) or just forget about it. I should have written down who I sent cards to!!

Everyone else - hope all doctors appts are either cancelled or have excellent reports, hope all physical ailments are better or improving, hope all emotional states are happy or on the upswing, and hope everyone is not allowing holiday stress to get to them.

I have really missed being here, and it's only been since last Thursday, but it feels like it might as well be a lifetime!!

Love to you all
  • cmb35
    edited December 2006
    This cracked me up! I LOVE the closing paragraph!

Holiday Eating Tips

1. Avoid carrot sticks. Anyone who puts carrots on a holiday buffet table
    knows nothing of the Christmas spirit. In fact, if you see carrots, leave
    immediately. Go next door, where they're serving rum balls.

2. Drink as much eggnog as you can. And quickly.It's rare. You can't
    find it any other time of year but now. So drink up! Who cares that it has
    10,000 calories in every sip? It's not as if you're going to turn into an
    eggnog-alcoholic or something. It's a treat. Enjoy it. Have one for me.
    Have two. It's later than you think. It's Christmas!

3. If something comes with gravy, use it. That's the whole point of gravy.
    Gravy does not stand alone. Pour it on. Make a volcano out of your mashed
    potatoes. Fill it with gravy. Eat the volcano. Repeat.

4. As for mashed potatoes, always ask if they're made with skim milk or
    whole milk. If it's skim, pass. Why bother? It's like buying a sports car
    with an automatic transmission.

5. Do not have a snack before going to a party in an effort to control your
    eating. The whole point of going to a Christmas party is to eat other
    people's food for free. Lots of it. Hello?

6. Under no circumstances should you exercise between now and New Year's.
    You can do that in January when you have nothing else to do. This is the
    time for long naps, which you'll need after circling the buffet table while
    carrying a 10-pound plate of food and that vat of eggnog.

7. If you come across something really good at a buffet table, like frosted
    Christmas cookies in the shape and size of Santa, position yourself near
    them and don't budge. Have as many as you can before becoming the center of
    attention. They're like a beautiful pair of shoes. If you leave them
    behind, you're never going to see them again.

8. Same for pies. Apple. Pumpkin. Mincemeat. Have a slice of each. Or if you
    don't like mincemeat, have two apples and one pumpkin. Always have
    three. When else do you get to have more than one dessert? Labor Day?

9. Did someone mention fruitcake? Granted, it's loaded with the mandatory
    celebratory calories, but avoid it at all cost. I mean, have some standards.

10. One final tip: If you don't feel terrible when you leave the party or
    get up from the table, you haven't been paying attention. Re-read tips;
    start over, but hurry, January is just around the corner.

Remember this motto to live by: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave
    with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved
    body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly
    used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
  • Sandra1957
    Sandra1957 Member Posts: 1,064
    edited December 2006

Just got in the vehicle to go to the post office to mail the cards that I thought I had mailed. Guess what I forgot to take with me? Yes, you're right, the cards!

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 1,233
    edited December 2006
    hey girls, i need some help trying to post a pic of my grandsons, can someone pm me & let me know how to do that?

I haven't read your posts yet, will get back soon.

Thanks,
    Cheri
  • cmb35
    edited December 2006
    Cheri

Here are the instructions

The website I use to post pics is
    www.photobucket.com
    It's free to use the site but
    you do need to register.
    It's an easy site to figure out,
    very user friendly.

Once you've registered and
    upload a pic use the edit
    button above the pic to make
    the pic smaller and easier
    to view on the board. You'll have a choice
    of making the pic 75%, 50% or 25%
    smaller than the original size.
    I usually make it either 50% or 75%
    of the original size. (The pic on this thread is resized to 50% of the original).
    You'll see three codes below
    your upload pic. Use the IMG code
    highlight, then copy and
    paste it on whatever thread on the
    board you chose. When you are ready to paste be sure you have the cursor in the message box.
  • socallisa
    socallisa Member Posts: 10,184
    edited December 2006
    Colleen, you explain that well!!

Here is my four year old grandson, the sheperd..

• newvickie
    edited December 2006
    Cheri...I sent you a pm.
    OH LINI...you made me laugh...that's just what I would do!
    Colleen...love the holiday rules.
    If I eat one more cookie I'm going to have a sugar high for the next six months...I may never sleep again!
    Back to work, to get paid, to pay bills, to put gas in my car to come back to work...what an attitude huh!?!?
    Later
    Vickie
  • cmb35
    edited December 2006
    Lisa

I got them from another thread, so I can't take credit! It is a lot easier than it seems too!
  • [Deleted User]
    edited December 2006

• [Deleted User]
    edited December 2006
    Well,girls,I have been suffering from the "Goldilocks" syndrome it looks like!! First, I got the pics much too small, then I got them much too big! So I just settled, got tired of messing with it. Couldn't find the "just right". You notice my 2yr old grandson seems to be reaching for a beer after his visit to Santa?? (Bet Santa was too) Anyway, since I talk about my grandsons so much, thought I'd display these. Hope it didn't make anyone mad. I didn't really mean for them to be this big.

Thanks to all you girls for helping, Colleen, Vicki.
    Guess I'd better read all the posts so I can see what's been going on & reply.

(((HUGS)))
    Cheri
  • purplehaze66
    purplehaze66 Member Posts: 49
    edited December 2006

beautiful family Cheri! you are way ahead of me I still can't post pictures.....

• [Deleted User]
    edited December 2006

Sorry, messed up the thread title but hopefully fixed it.

• lv2cmp
    lv2cmp Member Posts: 899
    edited December 2006
    Oh my gosh Cheri, those are cute little boys and so is the rest of your family.

Hey little boy,,can you pass me a beer while you are in there?

Amy
  • newvickie
    edited December 2006

Cheri...the pictures are wonderful! Thanks for sharing...is there any wine in there?

• socallisa
    socallisa Member Posts: 10,184
    edited December 2006

Those are great Cheri...what is in the fridge for dinner??

• k4katz
    k4katz Member Posts: 158
    edited December 2006

Wonderful pictures, Cheri! What a great looking family!

• [Deleted User]
    edited December 2006
    Whew! This technical stuff wears me out. I still didn't get them the way I wanted but my poor ole brain couldn't take it any longer. The first time the pics were so small you couldn't even make them out. I spent most of my day trying to show off my grandsons! Now, I'm spending the rest of it trying to shake off the bad mood it put me in!

Kristen,so glad your treatment went well.

Deb, it's great your acupuncture worked. I had a friend that quit smoking using that method. It's an amazing thing.

Tina, funny story. That's kinda like the fear of getting my skirt caught in the back of my panty hose in the bathroom and walking out into a croweded room.

Vicki, adorable pic of Nathaniel. It inspired me to show off my grandsons. If you and Amy want to stop on by later I'll make sure the fridge is stocked with enough beer for Amy & wine for you. We'll have a grand time!

Susan, you're too kind. We are only a 1/2 hr. away and that road runs both ways. I wish you good luck with your knee surgery. You having it done in Springfield? I've had 2 different surgeons there & 7 surgeries to my ankle/foot. So this upcoming surgery is to fix all this mess that's been caused over the past 7 years!! Why don't you come to Iowa City Univ.Hosp. with me and get your knee done right?
    Don't mean to scare you,lol, guess it's too late for that! I'm sure the dr.s will do fine for you. My ankle was smushed so they didn't have too much to work with.

Carrie, your test sounds like it went well, I just know the results will be B9.

Mena, I feel like I've been here forever, too. You're just my kind of girls. Lucky you.

Shel, tell me that oil change is with Mena's mechanic??
    Just say Yes,Yes,Yes, and I'll know it was.

Nicki, I've taken Lyrica for the past couple of months. My neuro. gave it to me for my Neuropathy. It's good stuff, helps with sleep,too.
    Vicki, you might ask your dr. about it, too.

Tracey, thanks again for replying to my question about how to post a pic.

Amy, Santa has been too, too good here this year also! I spoil those I love rotten. But isn't it great to watch their faces when they open something they really wanted?

Shirley, in ways I wish my dd would set a 3 gift limit! Save me a ton of money. (Not that I'd stick with it!)

Lisa, what an adorable little shepherd!

Thank you all for the nice compliments on my family. I hadn't found this board yet when I was going through treatment so I was pretty alone. I have a special bond with my 5yr old grandson. I know...shouldn't play favorites! But after chemo I'd lie in bed just so exhausted, bald and wondering what was the use of anything. Then Ethan would wander in & climb up with me & we'd laugh & cuddle awhile. Then I had my answer. So, yes, I'm proud of my family. They pulled me through the hardest time in my life.
    Now that I've made it through treatment they think I should be my old self again. Don't understand days when I'm just so tired I have to force myself to function. But then, how could they?
    So, now my salvation is here. Where women DO understand and want to help. I wish I had pics of all you girls so that I could show them off to my family! Because I'm so proud of you all.

And,Yes,our Christmas tree really is WHITE. I just sat back and let the family do whatever they wanted with decorarions and tree.

Rest well my friends. Know that you are not alone and that each of you are apprecitated.
    Sparky, yeah I know, the mushy-bug bit me tonight. Sometimes it cannot be helped.

Cheri
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 344
    edited December 2006
    I'm still haven't had a chance to look over all the posts. You gals are fast. Been gone all day..first to dentist..he was an hour late...I never get really nervous...today I had an anxiety attack after he gave me three shots..one in the back of my mouth and two in my cheek..he left the room for me to numb and I jumped up and got one of my Xanax..Damn don't know what happened.

Anyway, I come here with a heavy heart. I really need you ladies to pray for my daughter's step-mother-in-law. She has breast cancer. By the time she went to the doctor 10 years ago it had already spread to her bones and I think it was in both breasts. She's from Hickory and her onc sent her to Duke for chemo. They blasted her with the stuff. She was in the hospital for a week and can't remember much of what happened. Anyway, we thought she couldn't have more chemo. Well, not to long ago she found out it had metastized to her pelvic (I think). They took her off Arimidex and started some kind of chemo injections. Could it be Gemzar? She didn't know the name, but I think she said it started with a "G."

She's been sick for a few months. They did tests (in Hickory) and couldn't find the problem. They thought mayber her intestine was kinked and that's why the vomiting and diarrhea. Well, she's been in the hospital for a few days and have done more tests and still didn't know what was going on. So, the surgeon went in to try to find the problem. They said she had numerous tumors and one that was the size of an egg that was pressing on her stomach (or something like that). That's why the vomiting and diarrhea (I guess). So far things are a bit sketchy. The bad news is the surgeon said it's inoperable that it's terminal. My daughter called me while I was in Bed, Bath and Beyond. Of course we were both crying. She's such a sweet woman. She reminded me that the doctors had not given her this long to live. It's been almost 10 years since her first round of chemo.

I want her so much to go back to Duke for another opinion. Am I wrong. Of course I cannot push it. She and her DH trusts their docs in their small town. Oh, I'm beside myself. Her DH isn't taking this well. I don't know if she knows yet since her surgery was this morning.

Please ladies, pray for this family. My little four year old daughter knows her Mawmaw and I don't know how she's going to take it. I mean she's old enough. We lost our dog a little over a year ago and she knows that Tasha is in heaven and feels so much better. But she says she misses Tasha. I don't want my grandbaby to be broken hearted.

Oh, I'm probably not making much since. I know you ladies to have time to read all of this. We are all so busy this time of year. I am so greatful to feel stronger this Christmas. Two years ago I knew I had bc and was headed for chemo. Last Christmas I was still on chemo (Xeloda). I see the onc next month for mammo and I usually don't get too upset about this, but I know the other show could drop for me too.

Carolyn is this sweet lady's name. And James is her husband. If you have time please pray for them and the rest of the family. We all love both these people. And she never complains. I'm so sad. Here it is Christmas and seems we always hear bad news around a special holiday.

Take care ladies and have a wonderful Christmas with your families.
    Shirley
  • [Deleted User]
    edited December 2006
    Oh Shirley I am truly sorry. I know you are so upset as well as the rest of the family. I already said prayers for Carolyn & James. Don't let this get you down,too. I'm sure as more of the circle read about her the more the prayers will start going out. I know I speak for everyone when I say she (and you) will be in the middle of our circle.

I think you're right in wanting her to go back to Duke. Sometimes small town dr.s just don't have the technology the bigger places do. But, sweetie, she sounds really sick. Taking her there might not make a bit of diffference. This is a horrible disease, but you can not let this effect your attitude towards your own health.

Prayers to all,
    Cheri
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 344
    edited December 2006
    Cheri, thank you so much for your response. I do know that if she goes to Duke that they may not be able to do anything for her. But I would feel better about it (how selfish is that). LOL

Thank you for your prayers. I know there are many other families going through this and other crisis, but when it hits so close to home it does make it hard.

Geez, I need to get off here. I have a few more presents to wrap before we leave for Charlotte tomorrow.

Again, have a very Merry Christms. I plan to.
    Shirley
  • AlaskaDeb
    AlaskaDeb Member Posts: 1,159
    edited December 2006
    Oh Shirley- This breaks my heart. I will pray for your whole family. Maybe you could at least suggest a trip to Duke. Either way, you are all in my prayers.

Hugs
    Deb C
  • snowmen_n_thongs
    snowmen_n_thongs Member Posts: 367
    edited December 2006
    good evening ladies!
    cheri awsome you are able to post pictures they are absolutely awsome......... you have cute grands... and i love the picture of the grand with the beer in the fridge and he looks so inocent!! heheheehe
    hey you socal i sure miss yacking at you in chat... well i must say you have a adorable grandchild to!!!
    shirley i will send positive thoughts for your friend!!! hope all goes well...
    lol lini so did you eventually get them mailed??? there is alway tomorrow... hahahaha
    not much happening here tonight... just having a few smirnoffs:):):)
    took hubby to doctors and they did a chest xray will find out whats going on hopefully tomorrow....
    i have the biggest craving for some mexican tonight so going to go make some tacos...
    well you all have a great night and sweet dreams..
    i wonder if chemosabi got her cards mailed... hahaha oh did i say that outloud???
    hehehehe
    nite ladies.......
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    tracey
  • b445
    b445 Member Posts: 980
    edited December 2006

Well ladies I need your prayers. My brother in law is not going to make it. They said he can't stand or sit and can't even get in and out of the wheel chair without a lot of help any more. Please pray that he is not in pain in these final days. They don't think he'll make it another week. Cancer Sucks! no matter what form it takes