Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

TIME TO CIRCLE THE WAGONS GIRLS

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 2,728
    edited December 2006
    Good Morning Everyone: Oh I feel so rushed now that this Holiday week-end is here. Gotta make more Chocolate chip cookies since I ate my first batch. Then make some fudge. Then wrap presents. And frantically work on finishing my last present that Im making.

But I couldnt start my day without stopping by the circle as I enjoy my coffee this morning.

Theresa: OK what is a shop party? Whatever it is, it sounds like fun. Hope you dont have a headache when you wake up this morning.

Cheri: Well by now, Santa has come to your house - gift wrap everywhere, and hoping you slept with a smile on your face. They put my port in under general anesthesia. Did it while they were doing a lymph dissection. So I have never had IV anesthesia. Well wait a minute, I did once - at the dentists office to have my wisdom tooth pulled. I forgot all about that. So Im wondering if this will be the same. Anyways, everyone agrees - its time for the port to go.

Vickie: What a grand idea, making cookies for all the people who were so kind to you. The Holidays are so stressful. Im hoping next year, you and your daughter will spend the Holidays together. Cheers on Nathaniel making the front page. That picture was so cute and I bet he was pretty excited. BTW - xanax is my best friend!! Works everytime.

Tracey: Im laughing cause I did the same thing with my cookies. They came out huge and over cooked. Kept looking at them thinking they were still raw - ended up with crispy chocolate chips. Anyways they were still good. Today I will make smaller cookies and cook them for a shorter time. Hmmmm and then hope I dont eat them all before this Holiday weekend is over. Im with you. Yippee - I have 3 days off from work.

Colleen: The pixie hair thing is funny. Pretty much describes how I feel. I see other women with short hair styles that look so cute but on me I look goofy. I thought I was pretty brave not going to my hair dresser. Figured I gave her enough tries to do something with this mop on top of my head. Going to "Great Clips" was spontaneous. I drove by and said, well lets see what they can do. The hair cut is cute. My husband loves it. But Im still missing my long hair. The lesson I learned is having short hair doesnt necessarily mean its easier to style. I must have spent 1/2 hour on it yesterday morning. Then it rained all day - so I wore a hat which made me flat head! Buthey, hats are stylish this year, and I have so many cute ones from my chemo days.

Liz: Oh yummy! Now thats one great Christmas card. Im saying this as I wipe the drooling from my mouth.

Lynn: Working over the Holidays? Oh that stinks. Ive been a nurse for 36 years, so I have had my fair share of working the Holidays. With my current job, I have all week-ends and Holidays off. And ahahahaha if you try to catch up on Tuesday. This circle place is hard to catch up on if ya miss a day or two. Have a Great Christmas.

So Im really wondering what is going on with so many people having problems with their thyroid after bc. I evaluate an 80 y/o woman yesterday who has a fractured femur. She had bc and mastectomy in 1985. Nodes were positive. Had chemo. Then 2001 had thyroid cancer. When they x-rayed her femur, they found mets to the bone. She told me she thought she was a goner in 1985 and was greatful to still be with us 21 years later! When I read her medical history I took a big sigh. Cause the thyroid thing seems to be popping up alot.

OK - my coffee is done. Need to get my butt moving. I just love the aroma of cookies baking in the over. Especially early in the morning. Have a great day everyone.

Nicki
  • [Deleted User]
    edited December 2006
    Oh everyone! Look at what Melissa and Tami did. They gave Moving Beyond - time to Circle the Wagons a forum on its own. My vote is to move this thread there.

Im so excited about this. A way we can reach out to so many women/men and stay connected. Supporting each other!! Im just so happy I could cry.

Debbyfive: (Puppy) - I saved my response for you til last and then I never posted it. You are such a sweet person. So supportive to so many. It is a good thing, isnt it - holding hands and sending strength to so many sisters who need our help right now. Hoping you have a Great Christmas and Happy New Year. Sending you a big juicy kiss and a big hug too.

Nicki
  • [Deleted User]
    edited December 2006
    Melissa and Tami:

Nicki
  • PuppyFive
    PuppyFive Member Posts: 539
    edited December 2006
    Quote:

Oh everyone! Look at what Melissa and Tami did. They gave Moving Beyond - time to Circle the Wagons a forum on its own. My vote is to move this thread there.

Im so excited about this. A way we can reach out to so many women/men and stay connected. Supporting each other!! Im just so happy I could cry.

Debbyfive: (Puppy) - I saved my response for you til last and then I never posted it. You are such a sweet person. So supportive to so many. It is a good thing, isnt it - holding hands and sending strength to so many sisters who need our help right now. Hoping you have a Great Christmas and Happy New Year. Sending you a big juicy kiss and a big hug too.

Nicki

{{{{{{ xoxo Puppy }}}}}}}
  • Madison
    Madison Member Posts: 859
    edited December 2006
    Hi All,

I have been missing in action (dealing with family, work, and one BAD DOG). My heart just about stopped when I couldn't find this forum - whew, it is here!! I promise to read all the posts this weekend.

I just wanted to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas. My thoughts, prayers, hopes, wishes, are going out to all of you. May your day be wonderful - surrounded by love, laughter, happiness, family - and good food.

I know that this year I will have all my children home. Next year, my military daughter will be deployed. I will enjoy every stressful, happy, wonderful moment with my children in my home (notice I said children - not BAD DOGS).

Love, prayers, good wishes, and heartfelt thanks to all of you WONDERFUL, BEAUTIFUL, SPECIAL WOMEN.

Madison

I think the following expresses my feelings:

Friends, Love and Happiness

Maybe God wants us to meet a few wrong people before meeting the right one so that when we finally meet the right person, we will know how to be grateful for that gift.

When the door of happiness closes, another opens, but often times we look so long at the door that has closed that we don’t see the one that has opened for us. It’s true that we don’t know what we’ve got until we lose it, but it’s also true that we don’t know what we’ve been missing until it arrives.

Giving someone all your love is never an assurance that they’ll love you back. Don’t expect love in return; just wait for it to grow in their heart, but if it doesn’t, be content it grew in yours. It only takes a minute to get a crush on someone, an hour to like someone, and a day to love someone, but it takes a lifetime to forget someone.

Don’t go for looks; they can deceive. Don’t go for wealth; even that fades away. Go for someone who makes you smile because it only take a smile to make a dark day seem bright. Find the one that makes your heart smile.

There are moments in life when you miss someone so much that you just want to pick them from your dreams and hug them. Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be, because you only have one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.

Happiness lies for those who cry, for those who hurt, those who have searched, and those who have tried. For only they can appreciate the importance of the people who have touched their lives. The happiest people don’t necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the most of everything that comes along their way.

The brightest future will always be based on a long gone past, you can’t go on well in life until you let go of your past failures and heartaches. Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss and ends with a tear. When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die, you are the one who is smiling and everyone around you is crying. May you have enough happiness to make you sweet, enough trials to make you strong, enough sorrow to keep you human and enough hope to make you happy.

Share this though with those people who mean something to you, in one way or another. To those who make you smile when you really need it. To those that make you see the brighter side of things. Let them know that you appreciate their love and friendship!

Author, Unknown

Madison
  • PuppyFive
    edited December 2006

Beautiful, Madison Thank You!! Sisters Our Sweet Susan is Sick, she has diverticulitus, this is a serious illness( almost killed me) Please lift Our Sweet Susan Up in Your PRAYERS, She SOOOOO Trusts in God, I will start a post on inspirations for Prayers! God Help us!!!!! xoxo Puppy

• newvickie
    newvickie Member Posts: 2,941
    edited December 2006
    A huge thank you to Melissa and Tami for our wonderful new forum...you girls are the best and without you we wouldn't be here and that makes all the difference! A very happy holiday and a wonderful New Year to the both of you and all the others who work behind the scenes to make this site the great place it is.
    Madison...beautiful...I think you put it in my Christmas card...I have it hanging on my door!
    Oh...many prayers for dear sweet Susan...
    Having a really rough day...had a complete meltdown in Wal-Mart. My daughter works as a manager in a Wal-Mart in Floriday and at our Wal-Mart today I saw a girl walking away from us and I literally froze in my tracks, she turned to the side and let me tell you...this girl could be my Sarah's twin. Nathaniel looked at me and said, Mommy that's NOT sissy...don't cry ok. Crap...you know where that lead!! I tried so friggin hard, my throat tightened up, I'm gritting my teeth, blinking as hard as I can and it was just hopeless. Boy...lots of holiday spirit in that store...so many people circled me, tissues in hand, back rubbing and a couple of hugs...Nathaniel explaining it all. I felt like you were all there...it was a very sad, happy, moving experience. Now if I can just stop crying!!!
    NS, Nicki,Cheri, Mena, Silvergirl, Tgirl, CherylG, Debbiefive, Susan, Liz, Lini, Madison, Lynn, Donna, Alaska Deb, Amy, Shel, Carrie, Michelle, MB, Brenda, oh gosh...chemo brain is kicking in....EVERYONE HERE...LOVE AND HEALTH TO YOU ALL...I COULDN'T DO IT WITHOUT YOU!
    Xanex time...be back later sweet sisters.
    Vickie
  • [Deleted User]
    edited December 2006
    Just had to check in. My cookies are done. My first batch of fudge. Well lets just say I think I carmelized it lol. Heavier than any rock. If I dropped it on the floor it would put a hole in it. I am such a bad cook, but the second batch came out perfect.

Madison: I was missing you. Bad generation puppy? Hmmm lets see, maybe in about 2 years your house will be normal again. It took my "Mister" 5 years. And he is still a monster.

Susan: I have been wondering where you are. Im sorry to hear you are not feeling well. Hoping today is better. Have moved you to the center of the circle. To the medic tent for you. Will not give you any nuts or seeds to eat! Circle the tent with healing light. Hope your feeling better soon.

Im still waiting to hear an update from Roza. Did my morning watch. Distorted Humor is sleeping now. Holding Roza close to our hearts and sending even more strength today.

OK - gotta go. Time to wrap presents. Maybe I will do a better job at that. The 1st batch of fudge. Into the garbage lol.

See ya all later.

Nicki
  • PuppyFive
    edited December 2006

{{{{{{ VICKIE }}}}}}}} xoxo all my Love, Puppy

• sue4unj
    sue4unj Member Posts: 48
    edited December 2006
    Okay girls,
    Here she is -- note the Radko Hanukkah ornaments and the beautiful breast cancer ornament.
    May each and every one of you have and Happy and Healthy Holiday Season!
    IMG]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g8/sue4unj/DSC00932.jpg[/IMG]
  • sue4unj
    edited December 2006
    imageimage
    This is the 'whore' in its entirety. And Hannah's dance rectial - she's the one in the black and the other one is Hannah and her sister, Madison
  • nosurrender
    nosurrender Member Posts: 737
    edited December 2006
    Hello girls,
    I have been unable to be around. First my computer then when that got fixed I had a combination of migraine and bad back. If you saw how much Christmas shopping I have yet to do and how mych baking I have to do you would faint!

I am trying to catch up. I just saw Sue's pretty ornaments above- beautiful!!!

When i get at least two things bought and wrapped and something in the oven I will come and try to catch up with all my special sisters!!!!

Anyone want to come over and help me today?????

(PLEASE?!)

Love you Circle Girls!!!!

PS What do you DO for Migraines??? I am getting them at least once or twice a week now!
  • newvickie
    edited December 2006
    OH NS...migraines really suck. I used to get them all the time and there is a new migraine drug by prescription that you can take. I now know when one is coming on (the bright lights, vision screwy thing) and I take two excedrin migraine, wait four hours and take two more and it usually stops it in its tracks. Check with your doctor though as excedrin is aspirin and it can upset your stomach...which I usually cure with Maalox...geez...I'm a walking medicine cabinet. I'm in New York too...I'll come help!! It's 50 degrees here...is this weather too weird or what!! Feel better...xxxooo
    Debbyfive...xxxooo and hugs back to you too.
  • sue4unj
    edited December 2006
    Dear NS,
    I'm the queen of migraines and I've tried everything on the market. What I have found works for me is 2 Advils and 1 Fioninol. If I take it when I feel the migraine coming on, it alleviates it right away.
    I feel your pain!
    Love, Sue
  • newvickie
    edited December 2006
    Hi Sue...beautiful ornaments and a happy holiday to you too along with a happy healthy New Year.
    I HAVE TO MAKE MORE COOKIES...WILL IT EVER END!!!
    At least I've quit bawling...yippee for Xanex. Got my big girl panties on and dealing with it.
  • Sandra1957
    Sandra1957 Member Posts: 1,064
    edited December 2006
    Okay, I'm bawling my eyes out. Just received your card Deb. My favorite Chicago Christmas CD is on and the last song is playing (see lyrics below). I open your card and see your amazing face, full of joy and life, hanging ten with the Circle Girls. You made my day!! Thank you for lighting a candle..

One Little Candle
    CHICAGO

It is better to light just one little candle
    Than to stumble in the dark.
    Better far that you light just one little candle,
    All you need is a tiny spark.
    If we'd all say a prayer that the world would be free,
    A wonderful dawn of a new day we'd see...
    And if everyone lit just one little candle,
    What a bright world this would be.

When the day is dark and dreary
    And we know not where to go;
    Don't let your heart go weary,
    Just keep this thought in mind...

It is better to light just one little candle
    Than to stumble in the dark.
    Better far that you light just one little candle,
    All you need is a tiny spark.
    If we'd all say a prayer that the world would be free,
    A wonderful dawn of a new day we'd see...
    And if everyone lit just one little candle,
    What a bright world this would be.

I will think of you now everytime I hear this song.

lini
  • newvickie
    edited December 2006
    awww Lini...I'm bawling, your bawling...we're getting the circle soggy. Sending you a hug and a towel.
    I think we need a cowboy with wine to rescue us.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 1,233
    edited December 2006
    Wow, our own forum! Thank you Melissa & Tami it is greatly appreciated. Hope you both have a Merry Christmas. Thanks to all who had a hand in not only saving the Circle but giving us a forum.

Vicki, is this the first Christmas you & your daughter have spent apart? How old is she? I only have 1 child and she & I are very close. (after the teen-age mutant years!) She turns 24 next month. I would be lost if she moved away. So I understand your sadness, especially knowing she's so unhappy. Is there a reason she moved so far away? College or a job? My heart goes out to the both of you. Amber & I have never been apart, except the time she moved an hour & half away then she called me a hundred times a day! At least your daughter is growing up, even though mine has 3 sons she's still a mamas girl. Be glad that you have a daughter that loves you so much and knows how much you love her. You'll make it through & she'll make it through easier than you. Young folks bounce back quicker than the rest of us! Cheer up, you do have your son with you & it is Christmas. I bet your house smells delicious! The way a house should smell this time of year.

Nicki, glad your fudge turned out good the second time. I made candy & cookies one Christmas. I am a rotten cook! That's why I just made them one year.

Susan, so sorry to hear your sick. Hope you are feeling much better today & continue to improve.

NS, I hope your headache is much better. I've only had 2 migranes in my life & they were terrible! Blinding, so I sure hope you get some relief. I would imagine it' difficult being sparky & scrappy, although I bet you could be "crusty" without any problem.

Well, we've had quite a day so far around here! By the time everything was unwrapped the furniture as well as anybody under 4' tall had disappeared! What a mess, but so much fun! Although, my little Ethan is sick with a bad cold and he wasn't himself, but he's doing better now. The baby is in that "mine" stage, so he's on video crying after everybodys gifts. Afterwards the adults sat around opening up all the toy sets, man, they wrap those G.I. Joes & things in the package tight! Then came the hundreds of batteries we all had to put in, almost coming to blows over who had what screwdriver. At this point, my dh & SIL are working with the tv hooking up some hi-tech games & new combo dvd/vhs player. I got some nice things, too. My dd has baked some of her pies and has the big-ass ham in the oven. Beginning to smell alot like Christmas! It's just too bad my ankle is broken & I can't help more. lol Good thing my dd is a good cook & enjoys it. Thought I'd drop in for just a bit to say hello. I'm sure I'll be back in later. Hope you all are enjoying your day.

Mena, I stopped in last night to say a little something to 6packs & Roza. It is all so sad. I'll stop back in to check on them again later.

((HUGS))
    Cheri
  • Sandra1957
    edited December 2006
    Ah, Vickie you always brighten my day by lighting candles, too.

Cowboy on the way, red or white??
  • [Deleted User]
    edited December 2006
    Well my presents are wrapped, except for this last present Im making. Had to take a break. My fingers hurt.

Sue, what a great Christmas Tree, and Hannah is just adorable.

Lini: Great Christmas song. There are so many that give me all different kind of emotions. The Holidays are here! Stop crying, come to the fruitcake tent. Lots of nuts going on in there - and laughter too.

NS: A bad back and migraines? Geez! Slow down for a bit, take some pain medication, and lay in a dark room for awhile. I say, forget baking, go out and buy some cookies!! We sure do miss you when your not here.

Cheri: Oh is sure sounds like you had fun. Messy house and all. The scent of ham cooking is making my mouth water. Are ya gonna save any for us circle girls? I tasted the second batch of fudge. Its really good - really really sweet, and very rich. One piece is enough! Now Im just gonna relax the rest of the day.

Ok time to get back to work.

Holding 6pack and Roza in our arms.

Nicki
  • Sandra1957
    edited December 2006
    What!? Come to the fruitcake tent. I never left. I'm sitting way back there in the dark corner, can't you see me??

Migraines - I haven't had a migraine since I started using Flonase to keep my sinus problems under control. Smells would always trigger them, this time of year being the worst. Now I just get the frickin' cough from heck. Hope you feel better soon NS.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited December 2006
    Oh Lini, I see you, I see you, Im running over with a piece of fudge, wine in one hand and beer in the other.
  • newvickie
    edited December 2006
    Cheri...thanks for your kind words. This is actually my fourth Christmas without her. She met and dated her DH here, and they were from Florida. They decided that NY just wasn't for them and moved back and darn if they didn't steal her and take her with them!!! Her and Andy were married a year ago the past October. I go visit her and went down in September this year. I always miss her but for some reason this year its really bad...she is so very down and out and says she doesn't know why so she can't tell me why. She calls and cries and says she's homesick...her and her husband are a wonderful match so that isn't it...it just breaks my heart that she's so very sad right now and there is nothing I can do. Completely and totally embarrassed about my Wal-Mart meltdown...gonna have to find a new Wal-Mart...they'll have security following the crazy weepy lady at that one every time I come in now LOL.
    Lini...I JUST GOT YOUR CARD...oh thank you. Your very welcome for the toe socks...anything to make you smile. Hanging out in the fruitcake tent with you...may go to the drinking tent later though.
    Nicki...your presents are wrapped!!! I haven't even started...it is my least favorite thing to do. My sister and BIL are coming tomorrow and we're doing a turkey dinner and they are bringing the new Johnny Depp "Dead Man's Chest" movie and I haven't even finished their gifts yet!
    Well...Sarah is coming online at 5 with the webcam and we are opening our gifts together (I will not cry, I will not cry...chanting)then it's off to the childrens pagent and candlelight service at church. I am printing Susans list of "stars" and taking it with me and saying a special Christmas prayer for each and every one of us tonight. I know we don't all go to church or celebrate Christmas...I'm just praying a special healing, happy prayer for us all because you all mean so very much to me.
    I'll check back in later
    Hugs all around
    Vickie
  • newvickie
    edited December 2006

does anyone know what page the stars are on?

• socallisa
    socallisa Member Posts: 10,184
    edited December 2006
    Almost time to sit in front of the campfire...

Merry Christmas all..

Just for fun this little statue has a sign that says
    "It's Christmas, Lighten Up!"

• PuppyFive
    edited December 2006

How Pretty Lisa, thank You! Well I guess it is my time to go to the Bawling Wagon Girls, dosent look like My Baby Boy will be Home for Christmas!! But My oldest will be, and that is My Sanity through all this !!!!!!! talk to you guys later, Merry Christmas, and please dont forget about Our Sweet Susan, I have Prayed for everyone, and I believe God Will!!! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo Puppy

• Lynn48
    Lynn48 Member Posts: 69
    edited December 2006
    Evening Everyone,

DebbyFive, so sorry your son won't be home. It is tough. My daughters are supposed to come down together on the 27, then my oldest said they had a big fight and so she won't be coming! I hope they get it sorted out before then.
    NS, sooo sorry you're having to deal with migraines and a bad back. Perhaps your sore back is causing the migraines through a stress/tension response? I use fiorinal plain (you can also get it with codeine) and a couple of advil. Then I lie down if I can, but I have worked with that and the migraine has gone away still.
    ishop, lovely tree and beautiful girls. Aren't dance recitals at that age beautiful!
    Vicki, have a glorious day. Glad you have that camera and can spend the time 'together'. What a good idea to open gifts like that. Wishing you and your daughter happy times!
    Susan, Roza and 6packs -- keeping you forefront in my prayers.
    Cheri, sounds like a wonderful day. Hope Ethan is feeling well soon.
    Nikki, oooooh fudge. One thing I don't make (flop all the time!), I'll trade you some Nanaimo bars??? I haven't wrapped either, gotta do it today and organize the stocking stuff so my husband can put together my son's stocking while I am working tomorrow.
    What a good idea to take the stars to chuch to pray for everyone, who said that?
    God's blessing on everyone.
    Lynn
  • AlaskaDeb
    AlaskaDeb Member Posts: 1,159
    edited December 2006
    WHEW!!!

For a second I thought our circle was GONE!!! My heart was in my throat.

So glad we are all still here

I need to go take some cookies out of the oven, but I will be back soon to read and catch up.

Hugs
    Deb C
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 1,233
    edited December 2006
    Lynn, hoping you have a Merry Christmas.

Vicki, I know you enjoyed Christmas w/your dd even if it was on the computer. Least you got to see each other. The star idea was just so nice.

Ishop, great pics. We are proud grandparents arent' we?

Deb, when I first got on here today I was like you, I thought we were gone, too. I was so totally confused at first. But then, when aren't I?? lol

Sheeeeeel,MeeeeNaaa, where are you? You got some splainin' to doo!

Christmas dinner is almost ready. Any of you that want to mosey on over & have some grub with us follow your noses. Baked ham, mashed potatoes w/gravy, brocolli casserole, green bean casserole, candied yams, home grown corn -on-the-cob, home-made baked bread, followed by pumpkin & pecan pies w/cool whip. My dd cooked it all except the bread and dh did that.
    All in all, it's been a good day. I think Christmas is always kind of a let down. You prepare for it so long & expectations are so high for things to be just right that it can't possible live up to what we picture. But we had great fun, even having it early was alright.

Best wishes,
    Cheri
  • newvickie
    edited December 2006
    I'm back sweet ladies,
    Took our stars to church and prayed for us all. I'm taking them to the service tomorrow and giving them to our paster as a "present" to you all.
    Had a wonderful time visiting and opening gifts with my DD and SIL and NO tears! They sent me lots of bath stuff, a bath pillow, a bath spa and a beautiful cushy robe...guess you know where I'm headed!
    Where is Mena, NS, Silvergirl, Tgirl, Vera, Shel...oh so many others seem to be MIA...come on girls.
    Debbyfive...I'm sorry and sending you love and hugs.
    If I don't fall asleep I'll be back later.
    Love
    Vickie