Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

TIME TO CIRCLE THE WAGONS GIRLS

Comments

• silvergirl9114
    silvergirl9114 Member Posts: 310
    edited January 2007
    Man, the sound of FLUSHING was so loud at midnight it woke me up! Now that we all have it out of the way we can move on to a totally new and shiney 2007. I must admit when I flushed my ex hubby he almost jammed up the plumbing---how appropriate. Fourteen years later he is still writing me lunatic letters---this last one I am tempted to send a copy to his now wife but that would be the wrong thing to do. She's just an innocent bystander with lousy taste in men and it would only hurt her. All letters go to my attorney though since he has threatened me with physical harm in the past. Good thing he lives 350 miles away.

Sounds like you all had a grand time last nite---except for NS, who probably should've partied in the Circle. I guess it's our age---a herd of overwound kids just doesn't have the charm it used to! A small flock is OK, but not a herd, especially if it involves noisy electronic games.

Vickie---my SO still owns his boyhood home and wound up with Suburban after Agway bought them out. He says they are all individually owned franchises and you are dealing with shysters! He has never had a problem. They check and fill his tank based on previous timing of usage and deliveries without having to call them and he pays as he goes---they never asked him to pay in advance for the season. I agree with whoever suggested calling the papers---especially the Ithaca Times. I agree with you about I-95 and I used to live between Baltimore and Washington! Just close your eyes and go! I swear, that's what everyone else is doing!! When we do roadtrips we make a point to stay off interstates as much as possible. The slow pokey way is so much prettier and you see so much more. Atlanta is the one I try to avoid like the plague---also Hampton Roads.

NS---I think a "rondayvoo" is a great idea but let's get your headaches and vision problems resolved first. Maybe we could even find someplace pretty in the Catskills (which I think are about half way for everyone, depending on where you are on LI) and really spoil ourselves. I am still getting little niggling headaches and blurry vision but have been to the eye surgeon to check on the hemangioma, the optho for new glasses and had sinus and brain scans and everything is okey dokey. Guess I'll just put up with it. But migraines and dizzy are concerns, for sure! We'll all hold thumbs for you next Sunday.

Tina---know what you mean about the fix versus hugs thing with guys. My SO seems to have finally gotten the distinction during the BC experience. Please ask your doc about using another AI instead of just stopping it. I've got the achey joints, insomnia, power surges at night and now trigger finger, which is a REAL pain since it's my dominant hand. Up to that point I really felt the SEs were a pain in the butt but definitely preferable to getting BC again---and then we got to the hinkey finger thing. My onc is taking me off Arimidex and I'm starting on Femara as soon as my mail order RX service gets it here. She says not everyone gets the same SEs from on AI to another and she frequently switches patients around until they find the best one. I've been on Arimidex for 18 months and just recently reached the "I really don't like this stuff" phase. For me, it's what I need to do to ensure I don't ever have to do this again---I hope.

Liz---will let you know how the Femara goes. I understand that the SEs for some women are much less likely. I sure hope, since my left hand ain't worth doodly without an opposable thumb!

Speaking of---Shirley---did the trigger finger go away? How did you get rid of it if it did? This has been here for about 2 weeks and seems to be getting worse and they tell me it can actually stick permanently without treatment. All I know is that feeling when it pops is kinda yucky.

Deb---50 people is a small gathering? When SO and I finally tie the knot we probably won't have that many people at the wedding! Although there is a lot to be said for spontaneous parties---you aren't expected to get all fancy and the house doesn't have to be immaculate. With 50 people in there, who could tell anyway!

Beth---you are making us all hungry! You might want to check out the recipe thread that's stuck up on the top of the "moving beyond" thread. Maybe you can get people posting again and there are some really tasty recipes up there.

Mena---Dreamgirls was fantastic! I saw the stage play many years ago and thought this was better. Because it's a movie, the character development is more complete and the music will knock your socks off. And I can see why Jennifer Hudson is creating such a stir---the song "And I'm Telling You I'm not Going" had people clapping in the theater. There's a scene where Eddie Murphy shoots his entire career in the foot on live television where, at one point, he says "Jimmy's got soul!" and I may never hear the end of that one. All three men spent the rest of the night declaring "Kenny (or David or Brucey's) got soul." Go see it! We never go to the movies but this is one you really should see in the theater.

Shirley! You got your name back!! Black labs have to be the craziest. Friends had one named Hooligan---I have never met a dog more appropriately named! They lived about two blocks from the swim club; we couldn't find Hooligan one day and, in all seriousness, Nancy opened the front door and listened and said, "well, I don't hear any screaming at the pool so I guess he's not there!"

We have always left our tree up until 1/9 since that was my Mom's birthday. Nothing to do with good luck or bad, just a little memorial to my dear Mom, who was a 16 year survivor of BC, by the way. She died of colon CA at 81 in '02.

Hope everyone is enjoying the first day of our shiney new year.

Jeannie
  • nosurrender
    nosurrender Member Posts: 737
    edited January 2007
    Happy 2007!!!!!!!

I am off to the market because i have been reading this thread and I am feeling a huge kinehura (bad luck evil eye) if I don't have lentils or black eyed peas today!

I will get them but then you all have to tell me what to do with them!!!!

AACK!
  • lv2cmp
    lv2cmp Member Posts: 899
    edited January 2007
    oh my gosh ladies,,7 pages of catching up I have to do. I skimmed through but will go back later and catch up. Trying to watch football, cook black eye peas and turnip greens and catch up with all of you. Can we all say multi tasking???

Happy New Year to everyone. Welcome to all the new girls dropping in. This is one great place to hang out.

ok, gotta run and check on my peas and turnip greens. I will work on my flush list and my box list. I bet I have a huge flush list. I better get a notebook with lots of pages.

Mazer says hello to all the new ones and he hopes you all can cook as well as AlaskaDeb!!!!

Bye for now. Amy
  • AlaskaDeb
    AlaskaDeb Member Posts: 1,159
    edited January 2007
    Hey girls...no hang-over here, but I think it is because I slept through it!! I didn't get out of bed until 10:30!! I am always up early, so this was weird. We did have fun last night though. We decided we need to do it again soon. It was a great group of folks. I think the final count was 52, but I'm not sure. The basement was FULL of kids singing and playing games...too fun.

I forgot to tell you guys a REALLY cool story. We went to church yesterday morning and sat next to a lady that we know fairly well. Her mom comes up to Alaska from down south 3 or 4 times a year for a few weeks. I have talked to her before a few times and she always had hugs for me while I was in treatment, just a real sweet lady. Yesterday we were all exchanging the sign of peace, which in our church means lots of hugs and chatting. She gave me a hug and whispered in my ear that she was so proud of me and that she was a 34 year BC survivor! I was flabbergasted! I had NO idea she was a survivor. After church we were having a cup of coffee and she told me she had a radical mastectomy, chemo and rads 34 years ago. She even had 4 muscles in her chest removed. She never had a reoccurrence; she went to a Susan Komen event this summer and was the oldest survivor there. I didn't ask her age, but she has to be at least 75, and I would guess a bit older. It made my day to know she lives such a wonderful life.

I have to go back and read everyone’s news…but big new years hugs going out to ALL of you….

Be back later…AFTER coffee

Deb C.
  • silvergirl9114
    edited January 2007
    NS---I always make them into lentil soup. Chop up onions, celery and a little but of carrot---saute in olive oil with a few cloves of garlic until onions are soft. Dump in a bag of rinsed lentils, a box of chicken broth (is this sounding like another trip to the market?) and simmer until lentils are soft---maybe 2 hours? Add more broth if necessary. Dump in box of frozen chopped spinach and some sliced turkey kielbasa and there you go---good luck for an entire year! Good with fresh sourdough---yum.

Amy---I have never "gotten" greens, either turnip or collards. They are so bitter and tough when I try to make them. What am I doing wrong? I know my girlfriend from N.C. brought her Mom's into the office once and they were delicious but she had no clue how her Mom did that. I'm sure (and so was she) that they were cooked with about a ton of fatback, for starters, so that pretty much rules out any greens for the new year. I have gained EIGHT pounds since T'Giving and feel like a slug since I've eaten way too much sugar and carbs---sure my glucose is going to be screwed up the next blood draw.

Need any more drop dead simple recipes? I'm a treasure trove since I refuse to do complicated. I'm sure you noticed my propensity for dumping and not measuring.

Jeannie
  • AlaskaDeb
    edited January 2007
    Oh Jeannie...I LOVE greens! In my humble opinion, it is all in picking the right greens to start with. If they are over-grown, too large they will be bitterer. Try and pick small leaves, they will be sweeter. We grow all kinds of green in the summer here, turnip, Swiss chard, spinach, kale, broccoli rabe, beet greens…I love them all. Kale is about the strongest flavor…maybe a tiny bit bitter, but in a good way. We can’t grow collards, so I’m not much help there. One thing you can do if your greens are a bit bigger than you would like is soak them in a sink full of salted cold water for an hour our so before you cook them. Make a fresh cut across the stems and then soak them. You may see a whitish sap stuff leaching out of the stems…this is the bitter stuff…not really sure what it is called. The same thing works for leaf lettuce that is grown too large. After and hour or so, drain the greens, rinse with fresh water and cook like you normally would…I just steam mine. Good luck

Deb C.
  • DragonladyTina
    DragonladyTina Member Posts: 58
    edited January 2007
    Hi circle chicks,

I just got home from a gruelling day at the hospital, WOW, lots of crazy patients admitted since Christmas

I had a patient today who took a huge tylenol overdose, very large lady in her 40's, very unkempt, terribly decayed teeth, delusional, in 4 point leather restraints. She was out of control, yelling, screaming, just pitiful. She would not respond to anyone and we were sedating her with injections. I was her primary nurse and couldn't get through to her at all, it was very frustrating.
    I was looking through her medication record and noticed she was on FEMARA. I brought it to her and tried to get her to take it, she kept refusing and trying to hit me. I explained to her that it was the most important of her medications and if she refused any other pills it was fine with me but please take this one. I explained to her that I was a breast cancer survivor, not knowing whether she got it or not (mentally), that I took that special pill for bc survivors and for her to please take it too.
    She started crying and for a moment became as lucid as you or I and said ok, I'm afraid not to take it. I said I understand, I feel the same way. She took her pill and went back to her delusional self.
    I'm glad I went to work today.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!

love and best wishes, Tina
  • csp
    csp Member Posts: 119
    edited January 2007
    Oh {{{{Tina}}}} you were meant to be there for her !!
    I love nurses ! Okay back to reading a zillion post whew !!

hugs,
    Carrie
  • karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,604
    edited January 2007
    Hi Ladies - after staying up till 2:30 am because I couldn't sleep and just now reading, I have finally finished reading all the pages from the past few days.

Alaskadeb - your party sounded like so much fun. Thanks for sharing the story about the lady from church who is a 34 year survivor. Someone who works for my school district is a 20 year survivor and her mother is a 50 year survivor. She is now 81 years old - now chemo (wasn't done then) and no rads because she is too fair skinned. I haven't met her though, but her daughter (20 year survivor) was one of the 1st people to relate their story after I was diagnosed.
    Newvickie - thanks for throwing the party here in the circle. It was late, when I checked everything out, but boy was it fun.
    Nickie - sorry you weren't able to join your dh. Good luck with quitting smoking. Who's little one had the cute comment about the "cold turkey".
    Adrienne central - beautiful chocolate fountain
    Beth - I also love to bake - cookies are may speciality as well as a few different types of bundt cakes. I have about 15 different types of cookies I bake - did lots last week and now the freezer is full - but I'm not done yet. I'd also be happy to share any of my recipes.
    Madison - hope your roof gets fixed soon. OUr roof is old and should be replaced soon - but holding out as long as we can. Hopefully its good enough to withstand all the snow.
    Sue - another mah jonng lady. I have been playing mah jongg with a group of other ladies since - there are 4 of us who have been playing together since the summer of 1999 - and others have since come and gone. Hope you had a good time in Atlantic City.
    Tracey - I hope you are still here with us.
    To whoever it was who clarified about all the tents - thanks so much - I wondered if I was missing something - not seeing them or something.
    Now to Vickis' PURPLE TOILET: here's what I have to flush (or should it now be passed tense): BC, neuropathy, trouble sleeping, knee and knuckle pain, too many doctor appointments in 2006, "friends" who never called (just a couple - I'll tell you about them sometime), fatigue, lack of energy, people who say you look good and expect me to feel good as well - and I'm sure there is more, but I can't think right now.
    and for Vickie's GOLD BOX: my dh, my kids - especially my 8 year old who always knows when I need hugs and kisses, my 3 dogs(Charley and Rosey - 18 month old Bernese Mountain dogs and Cocoa - 14 year old beagle/cocker), my girlfriends, my community who cooked meals during surgeries and treatments, the neukemboobies exchange, the christmas card exchange, the postcard exchange (I've saved them all), the wonderful ladies on this board and most importantly I need to keep NED in the gold box. Here's hoping that I am able to keep dancing with NED for many years to come. Its still one day at a time, but I want to count many years of one day at a time!.
    Also want to share another one of Miriam's pearls - she told me this morning that the confetti we "popped" at midnight were all the bad moments from the yera and we needed to try to erase them from our memory. BTW - the string and confetti is in a grocery bag ready for the trash.
    My hand is starting to hurt from typing so need to end. To everyone I did not mention by name and to all the gals on the thread (and bc.org) wishing you only good health, feel good days and I hope as many of us as possible can continue to dance with NED in 2007. Thanks for being here in 2006.
  • ebrichter
    ebrichter Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2007
    hi everyone. i haven't been on the boards in a while...i was in the jan. chemo club. mind if i check in here once in a while?
    what's NED?
    i was very happy to see the back end of 2006 i can tell you.
  • silvergirl9114
    edited January 2007
    Bean---of course we don't mind if you check in here---everyone is welcome in the Wagon Circle!

NED---is No Evidence of Disease---he is our very most favorite dancing partner!

Tell us a little about yourself---it makes it easier to keep everyone straight if we have a little backstory to remember you by.

Jeannie
  • AlaskaDeb
    edited January 2007
    Hey Bean...Welcome! Glad to see you again. How have you been doing??I'm all done with treatment and trying to find my "new normal" HaHa...what ever that means...

Talk to you soon
    Deb C.
  • beth1225
    beth1225 Member Posts: 402
    edited January 2007
    Hi gals! I am now clening up the dregs from last night. DH had to work today and as his oldest said, that sucks. It really does since I had to drive him. We haven't had snow like Denver but it started drizzling as my company was leaving and poured most of the day. Our basment leaks sometimes and I have been too chicken to check and see if it got wet. If it did, we have one very wet area rug!

Anyway, I flushed alot this morning:
    fear of bc, fear of surgery, dealing with my ex and dh's ex, disrespectful kids (not mine, other people's), hot flashed, night sweats, fybromylgia, slow real estate market, crying at hallmark cards and at the drop of a hat, bloodwork.

My gold box:
    my dh Larry, my son Eric who called from his dad's at 12:01 to say Happy New Year and tell me he loves me, my oldest stepson and his wife who have been so great through everything, my mom, my brother and his family, THIS CIRCLE, my new friends here, my friends Marge and Sue who are bc survivors, my cousin Al who has been there for me no matter what, my cat Shade who cuddles when I least expect it but need it, THIS CIRCLE and a new year to accomplish good things.

Thank you for being here.

Love you all,
    Beth
  • newvickie
    newvickie Member Posts: 2,941
    edited January 2007
    Welcome Bean...this is a wonderful place. Pull up and seat and sit by the fire. Nicki always keeps it going and there is alway someone sitting there looking for an ear or a hand to hold.
    I love reading all that we have flushed away and all that we have saved in our golden boxes...just a reminder that in the midst of the bad we had a lot of good too and always will.
    Ok...here's my little rant. Taking Xanex...one in the morning when I get up, one at about 4pm (I can take three a day but refuse too) and Lexapro before going to bed. It is working...I know it is. The Lexapro keeps me from getting up in the morning and crying for half an hour and seems to have "evened" out my moods quite a bit. I have tried not taking the Xanex but if I don't take it my anxiety levels are through the roof...literally. I hate this!! I don't have that much of a reason to be anxious and I hate taking pill...am I stuck with these for life! Should I take three Xanex a day as prescribed? I know its a question for the doctors...just looking for imput. I hate calling my GP for them as she always wants me to come in for an appointment and I don't need too...I have enough appointments now!
    Ok enough...be back later
    Happy New Year...may it be filled with joy and health for all.
    Love
    Vickie
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Member Posts: 282
    edited January 2007
    Jeannie, the trigger finger went away after I stopped arimidex. Took a few weeks.

Whats up with the black eyed peas?
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Member Posts: 282
    edited January 2007

o hell, lost my name again....this anon thing is so weird.

• sherloc
    sherloc Member Posts: 893
    edited January 2007
    ok on with the show....

welcome Bean

Deb, a lovely story, love to hear them.

Tina, I am glad you went to work today too. Tho I'm sad you had a hard day.

I spent my morning gathering tax stuff...and the afternoon watching season 5 of 24....a day well spent even if I didn't get out of my jammies.

Catch up with you all tomorrow.
  • nosurrender
    nosurrender Member Posts: 737
    edited January 2007
    I couldn't do it girls!
    I bought the lentils and the cabbage but I just didn't have the stomach for it!!!
    I went "plain" instead.
    Does that mean I will have a plain new year???
  • beth1225
    edited January 2007
    Time for last night's pics!

left to right: Pat, Larry (my dh) and Tom
  • susanmcm
    susanmcm Member Posts: 699
    edited January 2007

ok I have updated the stars again and I am working on an animated version. right now they just blink. LOL So I have to add Bean. Welcome Bean.

• RoundTwoinCA
    RoundTwoinCA Member Posts: 74
    edited January 2007

More great pictures Beth!! Chocolate fountain looks really yummy...

• b445
    b445 Member Posts: 980
    edited January 2007
    Wow These place has reallt been hopping. i had a wonderful visit with my stepdaughter and the grand kids, I'll post a pic later, on Sat.
    Sunday we took my sister out to one of the Indian casino's here for the NYE fun. Am paying for it today!, no not the drinking I only had one drink, The place still allows smoking inside and I'm allergic to it. So today my face is swollen and I'm breaking out in cold sores again. Can't keep enough Ice on them to keep them at bay. Plus it was a little stressful. Our dear Johnny lost his battle with Cancer yesterday morning. I guess my hubby didn't relizes that I had been engaged to him before my sister married his brother. So he never knew how close we were. He just knew Johnny was family. I'm just thankfull he is no longer feeling the pain and can be free of all this crap. I still have to come up with my words for the rest of the family. It may take me a few days to do that.
    Otherwise it was fun taking my sister out to fo something she has never done before and spend a time out with the hubby too. I slept most of today trying to recover from the smoke. Next time I go there I'm only going in the new Non smoking building!

For all of you that are quiting smoking I am you #1 supporter! I know it's hard for you but you can do it! I think my hubby may be trying to quit again too!. He had quit last year about two weeks before my dx. and made it till Christmas when he got stuck being around my family for a month. he's just not use to them. They don't live around here and sometimes are hard to be around. I have a large family and he has a small one.

I haven't put toether my list to flush but I know that I have many of the same items to flush and many of the same to keep. A keeper is BC.ORG and the Circle. Without you I don't know what I would have done.
    I was talking to my hubby about the crying one minute and laughing the next when I read your posts and he said he knows and is glad I have all of you too!

I'll through on some more wood for the fires may this night find peace and love waiting for all of you.
    Hugs & Prayers
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 2,728
    edited January 2007
    Good Morning Everyone: WOW! What a busy place. All I can say this morning is "Thank Goodness They Are over!" I sure did enjoy the Holidays, but Im glad they are over and life can get back to normal. Whatever normal is!

Betty: I have been on Fosamax for about 10 years. Its a pretty good drug when it comes to osteoporosis. Make sure you keep regular dental appointments as there are some rare side effects to it. I never experienced one side effect with it. Good luck.

LauraGTO: Oh it was so good to see you. And Happy New Year to you also. Its gonna be a better year - I can feel it in my osteoporotic bones.

Sherloc: Your so funny. You got to sleep in your own bed!! We all are looking forward to you not travelling anymore and coming here to play with us everyday.

Madison: Ahahahaha Im am picturing the ghost of Jake still running around the house - so you better watch out.

Jeannette: Oh I love the term wall flower. Sometimes I feel like that. Just want to read - I also was at home on New Years Eve. Blew off a party and was sleeping when the new year arrived. Thats the new me I dont like either. I used to be a party person. Oh well, maybe next year.

Shopmama: Hello, hello and welcome. You will find alot of love and support here.

Liz: Good luck with the new diet program. I have already broken my first resolution. I am so whimpy! Maybe I will quit tomorrow, but today I have already had my first cig. And instead of exercising, Im sitting here at the computer - but hey, the day isnt over. So exercise and lose weight still have hope in my resolution scheme of things.

Stacy: Glad you jumped on the wagon circle thread. Welcome, welcome, welcome.

Susan: As usual, you are such a sweetheart. Making sure we all have stars - makes me feel special. I agree - this is gonna be the year of Nicki - come outta my shell and start enjoying life again. Im laughing out loud right now. I vote for Carrie Okey too. What a great name. Almost as good as chemosabi Oh and about the Bears - Grossman needs to go somewhere. But not here in Chicago. One man! One man is losing the games for us. I really do think we are gonna go one and out in the playoffs - which will break my heart but at least I accept it now. Maybe the next game wont be so anxiety ridden if I prepare myself for the inevitable.

Jeannie: I refuse to step on a scale. All I know is that I have been eating so much stuff since TG too. And its all in my belly, I wish I could afford a personal trainer. That is what I need - someone to tell me how fat I am and how hard I need to work to get rid of it.

Amy: Distorted Humor says Happy New Year to you and Mazer. No beans, black eyed peas or cabbage here. But I gotta tell you all it sounded yummy. We were both tired. Ordered pizza and munched on it all day. Now I wonder what implications pizza on New Years will have for the upcoming year.

DebC: What a sweet survivor story to share with all of us. And you met her in church yet. That must have been special.

Tina: What an amazing story. We both know how bad a tylenol overdose can be. The "Im scared not to take it." really hit home. There are so many things Im scared not to do since bc.

Karen: Good to see you. I heard on the news that someone on Ebay is trying to sell snow from Denver!! No returns allowed. It was Snowmen in Thongs, our dear Tracey whose little one made the comment about cold turkey. And if you read the beginning of my post, you will see, I already have broken the quit smoking resolution. Doesnt take much - Im so weak sometimes.

Bean: Im so glad you dropped by. Sending out a big welcome mat and a big juicy kiss.

Vickie: My xanax prescription if 3 times a day as needed. I always take 2 at bedtime and have the extra one if I need - like I did on New Years Eve. If your anxious and panicky then you need it, but remember, if you start taking it regular everyday, you will need to wean off it. Can be very addicting. I like my xanax and I will fight anyone that tries to take it away from me.

Sherloc: The ghost of Jake is playing games with your name. Im reading your post and scratching my head - who is this? Then I realized it was you.

NS: No beans and cabbage for me either. Guess my year is gonna be filled with pepperoni, cheese, and big smiles that I ate as much pizza as I wanted.

Beth: Oh my goodness the chocolate fountain looks so good. Great pictures too. Did you do the cheesecake with it. That sounded so yummy. Im craving cheesecake right now - a great way to start a diet.

Cherylcy: Im so sorry to hear about Johnny. Its sad indeed, especially this time of the year. We have Riverboat casinos here in Illinois and the talk is they are gonna ban smoking there. Not a bad idea, even though Im still a smoker. Yeppers, thats right - didnt quit today. So I will take any support I can get from you. I think the problem is, deep down in my heart, I enjoy it too much to quit.

Ok everyone. Its time for me to go and get ready for work. Hope you all have a wonderful day.

Nicki
  • beth1225
    edited January 2007
    Time to get back to work and deal with back to school! I can't believe it but Eric only needed one extra wake-up call and now I have to either wake up dh or do my mystery shop and come back for him to drive him to work. He is so tired anymore. But he has off for 2 days so i can relax and just work.
    See you guys later. I am off to the work tent and need to use the internet for shop assignments. Anybody interested in finding out info on mystery shopping let me know. I hav been doing it a year now and it allows me to work on my schedule. It doesn't pay a whole lot but if you learn how to schedule shops from different compnaies, you can do multiples in the same area and make it worthwhile. So I am off to shop at McDonald's and bring back big game for dh (just a mcmuffin and coffee but he'll like it!)
    hugs,
    Beth
  • LauraB
    LauraB Member Posts: 71
    edited January 2007
    OK Nicki, ya got me back on the board.

Gals....need your support! Nicki knows the down and dirty, but bottom line....ended 2006 and started 2007 with my husband asking for a divorce! And, the SOB left last night to go to (I assume) the other woman (I feel like either text-messaging her, or getting her a Congrats card---she told him she didn't want to be the other woman....well--TOO LATE! She's now officially the Other Woman!)

I'll be a 2yr survivor 3/31/07; granted Ray stood by me thru all (mast., 6 TAC, 2 reconstruction surgeries) but funny that now I'm happier with my body he's leaving. He keeps throwing out that he's done trying these last 5 years (no sex, just roommates, only thing we have in common is our beautiful 6-yr old, Caitie)...yet within those last 5 yrs. we had 8 mths of his unemployment, no communication on his part, my BC, now this.

When I saw he had an overnight bag in his truck last night, I told him "looks like you've been planning this all along"{wanted to wait until after the holidays until I forced the issue of why he was never home], so you might as well leave now.

This stinks and I understand some of the Wagon gals may have gone thru this so I need your support and prayers, and any insight to help me thru.

LauraB
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 2,728
    edited January 2007
    LauraB: So glad you came to our wagon circle. You need all the support you can get. I see you snuck in while I was editing my post above.

I just walked the perimeter of the circle and tweeked everyones toes. Shout out, hey a sister in need of help. So soon, people will be wandering down to the campfire, rubbing their sleepy eyes, and giving LauraB one big hug.

Hang in there Laura - we are hear for you.

Nicki
  • joy1122
    joy1122 Member Posts: 189
    edited January 2007
    LauraB- What a jerk! I am so sorry you are going through this. This same thing happened to my best friend a few years back. I am a good listener. Just to let you know..my BF is now married to my husbands partner (their cops) and happier then she has ever been. Her ex is now on the 3rd wife and thinks this may be the "one".
    Hang in there Laura-you will get through this and you will come out shining!
    Just to let you know my other personality. I have a dark side,I like to get revenge! If you need me to take a ride with you I will. I have this stronge erge to through my hot coffee on his "lap area". See I do have a dark side I need to control at times or maybe not. We can start a posy or war ride if you need us!

Joyce
  • LauraB
    LauraB Member Posts: 71
    edited January 2007
    Thanks, Joyce! Oh the things I've come up with, too! However, my energies are best at keeping strong for my daughter Caitie's sake and mine. That old adage...what goes around, comes around!

LauraB
  • joy1122
    joy1122 Member Posts: 189
    edited January 2007
    That is true,I am a believer in what goes around comes around. You sound like a strong person and I know you will do the right thing for your daughter. If you just want to vent,this is the place to come too.It will all work out for you just have faith.

Take Care,
    Joyce
  • purplemb
    purplemb Member Posts: 593
    edited January 2007
    Ok For now I AM BACK....whooo hooo....of course DH is with me at work...lololo.. can't trust him at home alone..he feels so good he tried to bring in firewood...hmmm...babysitter needed if he's home musch longer....
    Thank you for all the good thoughts and prayers I know that's what got us thru this ....
    as for reading back I don't think theres enough time at work to do that So for all the new CG people welcome....and to everyone who has popped back in good to see you again....

WEll I will be back on the exercise thread reminding you to keep up...just one new exercise each week I promise and they won't be killers like the she hate's me's...lol...
    so for the new year...prayers and warm thoughts ...now back to work ...and boy do I have a lot to catch up on here too...
    BUT my friends were the most important place to check in with...
    PS NY eve was an early night for us...but we set the alarm and started the new year with a kiss and a good night...
    Hugs to all
    MB good to be back