Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

TIME TO CIRCLE THE WAGONS GIRLS

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 1,233
    edited January 2007
    It's still just 11:07 here. I'm smoking for another 53 min!
    My gold box list:
    My beautiful daughter
    My grandsons
    My husband
    My family
    The many things I've learned the hard way
    Sense of humor
    Hope
    My faith
    The many new friends I've met on here. The luck in stumbling onto this site
    The Circle Girls. You all take me as I am. Through the sadness & silliness. You comfort me when I'm down & laugh with me when I'm up. God bless you.

HAPPY NEW YEAR! May it bring us all good health and happiness.

Balls in your court, Mena. HAHAHA
    Cheri
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Member Posts: 282
    edited January 2007

12:34 yahoo!!!!! I want to be the first to celebrate the new year2007!!!!! Happy HEALTHY NEW YEARS TO ALL!!!!!!now I can go crash in the ate too much drank too much tent!!!!!(regrets??????) NO FRICKEN WAY!!!!!

• jezza
    jezza Member Posts: 295
    edited January 2007
    Sorry Mena...I beat both you and Liz Its been 2007 here for 17 hours and I posted earlier today...

Hope you all have a great year. As someone on another thread said Don't worry about the world ending today because its tomorrow in Australia!

Love

Jezza
  • Anonymous
    edited January 2007
    JAKE IS STILL HERE?????

MICHELE39
  • beth1225
    beth1225 Member Posts: 402
    edited January 2007
    Happy New Year. I will try to post the new pics from our party so you can see the choco fountain. it was not as pretty as Vickie's that she filched but it was so much fun! My dh was good to buy one!

My company is gone, the first load is done in the dishwasher and I need to go to bed. Tomorrow I will flush my list.
    Love and hugs to everybody!
    Beth
  • jezza
    jezza Member Posts: 295
    edited January 2007

Hope you all have a great year. As someone on another thread said Don't worry about the world ending today because its tomorrow in Australia!

Just realised it was your quote No Surrender....thanks

Jezza
  • bbmom
    bbmom Member Posts: 19
    edited January 2007
    My kids are popping fireworks too. I enjoy them when they're done by professionals, but the kids and fire make me nervous.
    Flushing:
    Cancer, doctor visits, tests, chemo, radiation, my wig, scarves, sleepless nights,

Golden box:
    My family, my new sil, my boss, my friends, time for myself, my grandmother's recipes for her holiday favorites,
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 1,233
    edited January 2007
    HAPPY NEW YEAR to all you Central Time Zone girls!!!
    I am now a non-smoker!

cheri
  • bbmom
    bbmom Member Posts: 19
    edited January 2007

Happy New Year and good luck with becoming a non-smoker, I know how hard that can be.

• Madison
    Madison Member Posts: 859
    edited January 2007
    Just returned from a few New Year's Eve Parties. It is January 1, 2007 at 12:39 a.m. here in Louisiana.

Happy New Year Everyone........May 2007 be WONDERFUL FOR YOU.

Madison
  • nosurrender
    nosurrender Member Posts: 737
    edited January 2007
    Well they set off fireworks around here if the wind changes shift so it sounded like Fallujah about an hour ago!

I am home now, from the party from hell....

Little boys- electric toys- music I have never heard of before cranked to the max- yelling- playing basketball- playing pinball-

CALGON TAKE ME AWAY!!!

Ooh wait- can't do Calgon- It will clean the chocolate off Bruce!!

If anyone is still up there is a Marx Brothers marathon on TMC. Get a cup of tea, bottle of Champagne, or a chocolate covered rock star and bring in 2007 laughing!

HAPPY NEW YEAR CIRCLE GIRLS!!!!!!

Love,g
  • nosurrender
    nosurrender Member Posts: 737
    edited January 2007
    Madison!

Laissez les bons temps rouler!
  • csp
    csp Member Posts: 119
    edited January 2007
    I am so so late I have been reading your beautiful funny post for an hour at least !

Here is my flushing list
    Seeing what my sweet Denise has endured
    Finding 3 stupid lumps
    fearing am I next
    Surgery for 2 of the 3 stupid lumps
    suspicious Mammos and ultra sounds
    Steri Strips !!!!
    Cancer
    People telling scary stories about their Aunt Gertrude
    who had BC....

My gold box ~
    Every single one of you !
    My grandchildren
    Denise's stepdaughter who raised money so
    Denise's DH could stay in Cleveland with her with out telling anyone what she was doing
    My B9 path report
    and a certain lady by the name of NS and the junesters who pulled us both through it all !

Happy 2007 love,peace,good health for us all !

hugs,
    Carrie
  • Anonymous
    edited January 2007
    January 1, 2007 12:20pm pacific time

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

My party ended early cause the host passed out. No biggie. Just means I get to sleep IN MY BED tonight!!!!!
    Have a grand day tomorrow girls. I do believe I will sleep in.
  • karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,604
    edited January 2007

HAPPY 2007 to each and everyone one of you. Its 1:30 am in Denver (mountain time). Miriam (8 years old) stayed up till midnight. As we were cleaning up the confetti, she said the good thing about new years eve "is that you can through all the bad moments away". So along with newvickie's toilet to flush 2006 away, for anything left over (or too big for the toilet), there is a huge trash can waiting for all the bad moments. Hres to good health, feel good days and dancing with NED in 2007.

• AlaskaDeb
    AlaskaDeb Member Posts: 1,159
    edited January 2007
    Whew! We are 4 hours after eastern time. It is 1:00 am here and all the guests have gone home. We had a great time...ate too much, sang, did a puzzle, played games, drank a bit, ate some more. we even had the chocolate fountain going. I am winding down with one last glass of asti spumanti and reflecting on the year...to hell with the relection...I'm on to a new better year. 2006 is better left in the dark.

Big hugs ladies. I'm going to go see if there is a cowboy in my bed...maybe I can talk my DH into playing rodeo ***grin***

Deb C.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 2,728
    edited January 2007
    Good Mroning Everyone: Oh my Lord! I have to go back 5 pages to read everything and thats only since yesterday morning. You all have been partying - I can tell. Before I go back and read each post I just wanted to wish everyong

HAPPY NEW YEAR! And a warm welcome to 2007.

I never did go to the pub with my husband. Even after 2 xanax my hands were trembling and I was shaky - and I just couldnt do it. So my New Year was pretty boring. I slept through it

I never had panic attacks before bc. Hoping 2007 all this silliness about being in crowds will quietly go away.

Joyce: So nice to meet you. I still look in the mirror and wonder who I am looking at. Its not the me I knew before bc thats for sure. As you can see by how I started this post, I also am uncomfortable around crowds. I can go to work without any problems. But invite me to a social gathering and Im a mess. What is really strange is when I look at old pictures of myself. Hang in there with your chemo. And keep coming to the circle

Tina: Whining is always allowed here. I remember when I was first diagnosed and I found out I was er/pr neg - I jsut cried my eyes out. I was ready to take an aromatase inhibitor and get on with my life. But as the saying goes, the grass isnt always greener on the other side. I hear so many of you dealing with horrific side effects to these drugs. I guess I would ask myself what the % of reoccurance is without the Arimidex. If the % is low, then I would probably go off it too. Big decision. Personal decision. And we are with you no matter what decision you make. As far as being fat - I am the fattest I have ever been. Tried to suck in my tummy yesterday and I couldnt do it enough to see my toes!! So I understand the looking pregnant thing. All my weight is in my belly. Starting tomorrow - my one resolution is to start eating healthier. I may go to WW myself. I did well on the South Beach diet, but Im sick of it. WW will be knew to me - so hopefully I will be successful with it.

Beth: I watched the Eagles game and they looked pretty darn good. They are hot going into the playoffs. Now on the other hand, Im a Bears fans - and Rex Grossman is gonna kill us. We looked so bad last night it was pitiful.

Sue: Looking at old photos of myself drives me crazy. Im thinner, look younger, and have a happy glimmer in my eyes. Now Im fat, older, and my eyes dont sparkle. This disease likes to knock us down and sometimes I find it so hard to get up again. But I always do, get up I mean.

Vickie: I loved the list of 10 reasons why to have a Happy New Year. Made me laugh.

LIz: Oh yummy. Chocolate fountain, Champayne fountain and a boy toy. Great way to start the NY.

Jeannie: Hope you have fun seeing Dreamgirl and a night out with friends.

Madision: Retail therapy sounds absolutely wonderful. Hope you found (and didnt steal) some good things. Ya know Im worried about you and Vickie. Have seen the coppers looking all over for the 2 of ya. So I went to my CD player and turned up the song "Bad boys bad boy, what ya gonna do, what ya gonna do when they come for you." Seemed appropriate as I watched you and Vickie running through tunnels, under bushes, and behind trees. Funny thing is those coppers never thought to look in the pissy tent.

Michelle: It was me, it was me - I stole the wood, told that cutie I needed it for our campfire. Now he is out there in the circle running around naked! Catch him if you can.

Cheri: I love Las Vegas also. We used to go there every year in January. Havent been able to go since bc. Still trying to recover from all the expenses. We have gambling boats here too, but its just not the same. And ya hardly win there. Sorry about confusing Ethan with Kevin. It must be chemo brain. Good luck with quitting smoking. Im gonna try starting tomorrow. Physically Im ready, but psychologically Im not. Gonna need lots of tootsie roll pops.

Beth: Im hoping your Fruit cobbler recipe didnt call for any alcohol - otherwise we wont see Mena for a day or 2

Whew! This has been a tough morning. Have finished reading the 1st 2 pages - have 2 more to.

Betty: Im sorry about your friend Wylie. That is so sad. Im sending love and peace to her family. And to you too and all of her dear friends.

Lynn: Congratulations to Matt. He must be so proud. I also agree, people just dont get it. Although I must say, my husband was pretty understanding when I didnt go with him last night. He said, it will come with time. So I keep waiting and waiting. I used to be such a party animal.

Brenda: Ive been missing Cookie too. Wonder where she is and what is going on. I always did enjoy her cooking. In fact its making me hungry right now just thinking of her.

NS: Cold Turkey - yes, its the only way to go. I have tried everyone twice!! The only thing I have tried is accupuncture or Lazer and I hear they help with quitting. I cant chew gum, Im allergic to the patch, and the lozenges taste pitiful. Its easy to say Im gonna quit, cause thats tomorrow and today I can still smoke. We shall see what happens.

Lisa: What is Elderhost? I dont know what it is, but I want it.

Adrienne: Ahahahahahaha dip him in chocolate. Now thats funny.

Jezza: Despite all the noise from the party at the circle last night, I slept threw it. Gonna realx and enjoy the day then get ready to go back to work tomorrow.

DebC: Sounds like your party was great.

Karen: Your friend could be right. It might be carpal tunnel. Only way to find out is to have it checked out.

Things I flushed down the toilet!
    ...Having bc and going through chemo
    ...Being ball
    ...Have heart issues from herceptin
    ...Have muscle reaction to cholesterol medication
    ...Fatigue - please go away and dont come back another day.
    ...Having my hot water heater, washing machine, and refrigerator go within 3 months of each other.

Golden box - My husband, my dog, my 2 cats, and all of you.

Well, its a new year! Hope you all have a wonderful day. Ill check back later.

Nicki
  • newvickie
    newvickie Member Posts: 2,941
    edited January 2007
    Morning ladies...HAVE A WONDERFUL NEW YEAR...HERES TO 2007 BEING 1000 TIMES BETTER THAN YEARS PAST.
    LOVE YOU SISTERS
    VICKIE
  • BRSTN
    BRSTN Member Posts: 165
    edited January 2007
    Happy New Year Circle Girls

I was awake and woke DH up to wish him a HNY, then we both couldn't get back to sleep. LOL

Oh well, 2006 is over. Yeah.
    I started off the new year with a new med. I totally failed my bone desity scan, thank you very much Arimidex. So now I took my first Fossilmax (fosomax) this morning.

Anyway, just wanted to wish us all a HEALTHY and happy 2007. You gals are great and I'm so glad I found you.

Back later, hubby is stirring so it's time for some breakfast.

Hugs,
    Betty
  • newvickie
    edited January 2007
    Betty...I failed my bone density test too and I am taking fosomax...it isn't too bad, I take it once a week and on Monday mornings...be sure not too lay down, eat or drink anything but water for half an hour after taking it so it has a chance to absorb.
    Happy New Year to you
    Hugs
    Vickie
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 4,011
    edited January 2007
    Hi Girls -

I wanted to pop in and say HAPPY NEW YEAR! I hope you all have a healthy, happy and fun NEW YEAR...filled with lots of love, many smiles, warm hugs and new beginnings!

Cheers!

Laura
  • joy1122
    joy1122 Member Posts: 189
    edited January 2007
    Things Flushed down the toilet:
    1. Having BC
    2. Doing chemo
    3. Fearing recurrence
    4. Feeling out of control
    5. Fearing death
    Golden Box
    1. Feeling the love and support of my husband and sons
    2. Feeling the love and support of my family and friends
    3. Appreciating life more
    4. Finding all of you here.

Happy and Healthy New Year to All!!

Joyce
  • sherloc
    sherloc Member Posts: 893
    edited January 2007
    I thought Jake went home. Could someone get my name back from him please. He might have hid it in his bed.

Happy New Year everyone.

I must add......my bed was glorious last night. Slept till 7:30. YEHAW!!
  • sherloc
    sherloc Member Posts: 893
    edited January 2007

well there I am. A little slobbery but none the worse for wear.

• Madison
    Madison Member Posts: 859
    edited January 2007
    Good Morning All!!!

2007 - WOW. Happy, Happy New Year

Shirley, I am telling you that JAKE is one bad puppy. I am still finding Jake damage in my house (so I really think he pops in here every now and then!!)

I just had a 2006 flash back, mild panic attack and crying jag......dh said "2006 is OVER, GONE...2007 will be better.

I just sent dh to the grocery store to pick up a few things (he is bigger and can handle the cabbage and black eye pea isles - it is gonna be rough out there today!!)

Oh, my military daughter called from her base and command center last night and the head of the command center introduced herself and thanked me for sending the goodies to the base, then they ALL YELLED THANK YOU. It is moments like this I need to remember NOT THE BC moments.

Yep, flush, flush, flush........VICKIE......don't be picking up the toilet yet......I'm not done flushing.
    flush, flush.......

Madison
  • baldeagle
    baldeagle Member Posts: 97
    edited January 2007
    Good morning CG's and Happy New Year!

My NY's resolutiuon was to come out of the pissy tent and stop being a wall flower (I like that term MUCH better than "lurker"). I have been silently reading all of the posts, praying with you who had tests and were on the anxious edge, ready to fight with you who were having such a b**ch of a time (oh, Vickie), getting much better (RobinTN) and rejoicing at the NEDs (heah Deb!). Liz., when you went out to Canmore with your son you practically drove over my house!

The NYE party was awesome - even I had lots of fun on the sidelines. I just want to know who is in the medic tent with a hangover? or do we have a special tent for that?

I vote that the men in the deliverance tent get to do rotor rooter work on the toilet if it gets plugged with all of the crap that we have been flushing away.

As for me 2005 was the year of the flood, 2006 the year of the BC and I vote to make 2007 the year of the travel. Am so wanting to travel and haven't been able because of all the medical stuff. I had 6 surgeries this past year. Enough.

Anyway, It was an inauspicious NY's eve here on the homestead. My DD and friend went off to a NY's sweat lodge - and I had to stay home because I was too tired to do anything. So I sat on the couch, watched TV and looked out at all the twinkling lites between here and the mountains. I do not like this part of "new me". The DD has been studying in Montreal and is now so French fluent that she is on the phone chatting up a storm with her future MIL - in French. This for a little a Yankee born and raised kid!

And now back to the cook tent - my favorite place to be. Have been marinating a special chicken (organic from a Hutterite colony) and will now add more seasoning. Roasted potatoes, asparagus with hollandaise, upside down cake and plum pudding for those so addicted. A bit of sherry before hand and some kahlua coffee to end the meal. There some Persian herbal tea made with multi flowers for those who prefer organic and different. Please pull up a chair, there is plenty.

Jeannette
  • newvickie
    edited January 2007
    We are keeping the toilet all day. Did you notice that they had a ball in Times Square last night...pppfffttt...little did all those people know, we had the real one right here.

On another note...Please pm and welcome and encourage The Shop Mama to our circle...she needs a place to warm her frozen heart and would like to sit by the fire for a while. She needs us.

Back later sweet sisters...needing a nap!!
    Love
    Vickie
  • lizws
    lizws Member Posts: 789
    edited January 2007
    Happy New Year CG’s

I have my black eyed peas on the stove, roast in the crock pot and cheesy hash brown casserole in the oven. I am starving too!

Mena, you most likely were the first (other than Jezza). I’m in central time and I cheated when posting. It was really 11:04. Hugs

Cheri, I quit smoking awhile back. Anytime you need encouragement let me know. It’s not easy but it sounds like you have the right attitude. I truly believe it’s a mind over matter thing. You can do it. I’ll be here for ya.

Nicki, oh honey. I’m sorry you experienced the anxiety attack last night. Your husband so understands and that’s great. I have them occasionally also. I’m right with you on the dieting and healthy eating. I’m eating my last fattening meal today. I’ll help you with the smoking also.

Beth, I’m so glad you had a great time at your party. I look forward to seeing the pics.

Alaina, I don’t blame you about kids and fireworks. It would freak me out when mine did it. Someone around here popped fireworks also. It’s illegal in the city limits but they do it every year. Freaks my dog out big time though.

NS sorry you attended the party from hell. There are some kids down the street who have a neighborhood band in their garage. Drives me batty! I wish they would learn a different song. LOL

Carrie I hope you and Denise have a blessed, happy and healthy New Year.

DebC did you take pics? I sure hope so. Sounds like you had a great time.

Karen, hope you have much better weather for this year.

Vickie I think you did a fantabulous job of our cyber party. Thanks so much.

Betty I’m on Arimidex and did the bone density test when I first started. It will be a year for me on it in February. Do I need to whine to get another one?

LauraGTO good to see you here. Hope you’re healing well from your prophy

Sher, so glad you got a good nights sleep.

Madison, good idea sending the DH to the store. How cool that you got that phone call.

Happy New Year to each of you and thanks for being here. May we all have a happy; stress free, healthy New Year.

Hugs
    Liz
  • donnarock
    donnarock Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2007
    ok, a new year, and i'm just jumping on this thread now. so i wish for all of us, a happy, healthier new year and here's to dreams coming true, love, laughter and the making of magical memories.
    hugs,
    stacy
  • susanmcm
    susanmcm Member Posts: 699
    edited January 2007
    Pam please come and visit us. I love you and I think about you all the time. I'm sure this holiday season was hard on you. We can help take care of you when you need it.

Jeannie I know that Black eyed peas and cabage sounds very methaney. That's why you burn the bayberry candles. to get rid of the stink.

Cheri, Ethan is seriously cute. If you need any help getting through today, give me a call. In the springfield phone book. susan mcmurray

DebC glad the party was fun. Did you have your own after party???

Tracey, cute story about your youngest. I think there are many here quitting smoiking. You can do it.

Beth1225, you husband bought you a chocolate fountain. What a nice man. I think sauerkraut used to be one of our traditions also.

Sue, how did you enjoy AC. Sounds like you always have a lot of fun in your life. Good for you.

Nanianm, funny story about your Ethan. Beautiful post, about facing 2007. Here's to facing and jumping over the hurdles.

Chemosabi, God Bless You. You are a wonderful person.

Michele39, it's great to be flushing chemo treatments.

Tina, I've kinda been thinking along the same way. This is my year to get healthy or as healthy as I can. I just started Nutrisystem. I'm gonna talk to my doctor about quitting Arimidex, etc. I'm so tired of how I feel and look. (but it's gonna get better. )

Joy, ok to whine here. Being bald is hard. Having no eyebrows is hard. Many of us have had exactly those feelings.

Betty sorry to hear about your friend Wylie. I'm going to add a star for her so we will always remember her.

Lharryson, glad you got new medicine from your doctor. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Vicki and Liz, what party girls you are!!!

Madison, good choice, retail therapy over roofing shingles. I'm with you all the way.

Carrie Okey - LOL I know you have not had cancer, but you get it just the same. thanks. I think Carrie Okey should be your new screen name.

Lynn, a bit of frustration for you at the end of 2006. That's why we are flushing it. Sorry about dh.

Sherloc, you are getting a star, you deserve it.

About the stars, if you want one and don't have one, please ask. It is very difficult for me to keep up right now, with the new forum. New people jumping in all over the place. I love it and I want to make sure I don't miss anybody.

As for me, I stayed home watched football and went to bed. Nicki, I'me with ya girl about Rex Grossman. Hope he figures it out pretty soon. I was gonna root for da Bears for the SB.

If I left you out, I'm sorry. All the circle girls are in my golden box. I'm off to update the stars.

God Bless,
    Susan