Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

TIME TO CIRCLE THE WAGONS GIRLS

Comments

• Biker54
    Biker54 Member Posts: 1,042
    edited January 2007
    Deb C - Putting Connie right in the middle of the circle and surrounding her with love. I'd say -24 was a bit of a cold snap. Brrrr!!

Madison - Are you a Saints fan? I hope it is a good game! Of course I am cheering for the Birds!!

Cheryl,Cy - First the water heater and now a roof leak??? Enough already! It's time for good things to start happening .

Beth - Step away from the hubby and the kid! No flu for you.

Laura - We don't think you are weak for fighting for your marriage. You have to do whatever you think is right for you.

Nicki - Oh no, not flu for you too!!

Vicki - Double and triple YEAH!!!!!!!! Hurray for NED!! That is the best news in the world.

Well, the Eagles won yesterday and life is good. Son and family just got back from FL. It was only 10 degrees warmer down there on Sat. What crazy weather we are having. I'm also waiting for the big whuppin' we are going to get from Mother Nature. You know it's coming!

Gotta go now, you know, things to do, people to annoy
  • newvickie
    newvickie Member Posts: 2,941
    edited January 2007

What does Love mean?
    A group of professional people posed this question to a group of 4 to 8 year-olds, "What does love mean?"

The answers they got were broader and deeper than anyone could have imagined. See what you think:

"When my grandmother got arthritis, she couldn't bend over and paint her toenails anymore.

So my grandfather does it for her all the time, even when his hands got arthritis too. That's love."
    Rebecca- age 8

"When someone loves you, the way they say your name is different.
    You just know that your name is safe in their mouth."
    Billy - age 4

"Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other."
    Karl - age 5

"Love is when you go out to eat and give somebody most of your French fries without making them give you any of theirs."
    Chrissy - age 6

"Love is what makes you smile when you're tired."
    Terri - age 4

"Love is when my mommy makes coffee for my daddy and she takes a sip before giving it to him, to make sure the taste is OK."
    Danny - age 7

"Love is when you kiss all the time. Then when you get tired of kissing, you still want to be together and you talk more.
    My Mommy and Daddy are like that. They look gross when they kiss"
    Emily - age 8

"Love is what's in the room with you at Christmas if you stop opening presents and listen."
    Bobby - age 7 (Wow!)

"If you want to learn to love better, you should start with a friend who you hate,"

Nikka - age 6
    (we need a few million more Nikka's on this planet)

"Love is when you tell a guy you like his shirt, then he wears it everyday."
    Noelle - age 7

"Love is like a little old woman and a little old man who are still friends even after they know each other so well."
    Tommy - age 6

"During my piano recital, I was on a stage and I was scared. I looked at all the people watching me and saw my daddy waving and smiling.

He was the only one doing that. I wasn't scared anymore."
    Cindy - age 8

"My mommy loves me more than anybody

You don't see anyone else kissing me to sleep at night."
    Clare - age 6

"Love is when Mommy gives Daddy the best piece of chicken."
    Elaine-age 5

"Love is when Mommy sees Daddy smelly and sweaty and still says he is handsomer than Robert Redford."
    Chris - age 7

"Love is when your puppy licks your face even after you left him alone all day."
    Mary Ann - age 4

"I know my older sister loves me because she gives me all her old clothes and has to go out and buy new ones."
    Lauren - age 4

"When you love somebody, your eyelashes go up and down and little stars come out of you." (what an image)
    Karen - age 7

"Love is when Mommy sees Daddy on the toilet and she doesn't think it's gross."
    Mark - age 6

"You really shouldn't say 'I love you' unless you mean it. But if you mean it, you should say it a lot. People forget."
    Jessica - age 8

And the final one -- Author and lecturer Leo Buscaglia once talked about a contest he was asked to judge.

The purpose of the contest was to find the most caring child.

The winner was a four year old child whose next door neighbor was an elderly gentleman who had recently lost his wife.

Upon seeing the man cry, the little boy went into the old gentleman's yard, climbed onto his lap, and just sat there.

When his Mother asked what he had said to the neighbor, the little boy said,
    "Nothing, I just helped him cry"

TO ME LOVE IS...
    ALL OF YOU!!! FOR HELPING ME LAUGH, HAVE HOPE, AND CRY.
    LOVE YA CIRCLE SISTERS.
    VICKIE
  • newvickie
    edited January 2007
    Ok...only got a minute as I have to run to town.
    NS...any idea when your MRI will be schedules to catch those pesky squirrels!
    Deb...I felt you there today along with everyone else. Saying prayers for Connie.
    Cheryl...sending prayers for Pepper too...did you see the "movie"...its wonderful. Did you get your roof fixed?
    Nicki...aahhhh...Monday again...can we do TGIF on Wednesday this week LOL!
    Beth...WASH YOUR HANDS A BUNCH...DON'T CATCH THAT BUG. You can't shake up the wagons sweetie. We are sisters, sisters who can quarrel, rant, rave and love each other just the same.
    Speaking of having a quarrel with someone...where is Vera and Shel...ME THINKS THEY ARE HAVING FUN WITHOUT US!
    Missing Mena...sending you hugs.
    Michele...felt you holding my hand...thank you.
    Deese...looking for bubble wrap for you so we can make you a suit. So happy to see you posting.
    Brenda...thanks for all your prayers.
    Madison...I brought our kamakazi squirrel back...he's protecting the perimeter once again.
    (((Tracey)))(((Laura)))) Big ones!
    Amy...You sure have been busy!!! Wow. I hate the ghost boobs and I'm also boobless and mippleless in NY!!
    Thongs...I love that picture!!! That about what I look like with my new hair when I get up in the morning!
    Biker...oh am I drinking tonight!...CELEBRATION TIME.
    Susan...just saying love ya.
    Missing many but gotta run for now.
    Hugs and love all around
    Vickie
  • newvickie
    edited January 2007
    Ok...found a good on for our OWCH tent
    Dear Abby:

My husband is a liar and a cheat. He has cheated on me from the beginning, and when I confront him, he denies everything. What's worse, everyone knows he cheats on me. It is so humiliating. Also, since he lost his job over three years ago he hasn't even looked for a new one. All he does is buy cigars and cruise around and bullshit with his pals, while I have to work to pay the bills. Since our daughter went away to college he doesn't even pretend to like me and hints that I am a lesbian.

What should I do?

Signed,

Clueless

Dear Clueless:

Grow up and dump him. For Pete's sake, you don't need him anymore. You're a United States Senator from New York, act like it!
  • newvickie
    edited January 2007
    Sorry ladies...hyper happy and on a roll tonight!!
    JUST A FUN THING FOR A CHEATING HUSBAND TO SEE AND THINK ABOUT.
    A wife came home just in time to find her husband in bed with another woman.

With super-human strength born of fury, she dragged him down the stairs, out the back door, and into the tool shed in the backyard.

She then put his penis in a vice, then secured it tightly and removed the handle.

Next she picked up a hacksaw.

The husband was terrified, and screamed. "Stop! Stop! You're not going to cut it off, are you?"
    The wife, with a gleam of revenge in her eye, put the saw in her husband's hand and said, "Nope. I'm going to set the shed on fire. You do whatever you have to."

HEEHEEHEEHEE
  • purplehaze66
    purplehaze66 Member Posts: 49
    edited January 2007
    congrats Vickie!!! NED all the way!!!!
    what does love mean, out of the mouths of Babe.... it is a shame adults don't follow their outlook.....
    Deb praying hard for Connie!
    Laura hope things straighten out for you soon..... I understand, it is hard to walk away esp if you still love him......is he a good father? that could make it difficult.....
    Beth Nicki and those not feeling well hope you get well soon.... I got a flu shot before Xmas so I am hoping it passes over my house.....
    Cheri hope you are still going strong!!!!
    I heard that my cousin's baby was taken off ventilator but that they are still doing tests.....thank you all for keeping him in your prayers.....
    NS when is your MRI?
    I am sorry I know I missed alot of you but hope everyone is doing well! have to go, hubby is taking us out to eat. it is 1 yr ago that I started chemo.
    oh and I will have a drink for ya Vickie!!!!
  • beth1225
    beth1225 Member Posts: 402
    edited January 2007
    Hi ladies! Just got a minute in between making jello and pouring ginger ale. Jeez, when men get sick you'd think it was the end of the world. dh had a bilat knee replacement last year and wasn't this pathetic.

I have my gyn annual exam tomorrow. Made an appointment with a ps for a consult. That will Jan. 31st.

((((Connie))))

Vickie! Great news. Get on your dancing shoes! That makes two of us with good news. Just got an email from Shelley, she hangs in the chat room, and she said her mammo was great.

To everyone else I didn't get to, hugs all around. I am playing rn and exhausted.

Love and hugs,
    Beth
  • newvickie
    edited January 2007
    Hi all once again.
    OHHHH Suburban Energy Services is in deep sh*t. I let them deliver because I couldn't wait 10 days for my money...well I got my bill today. Now mind you, I have 1464.00 credit on my account. I called other companies and for 250 gallons I would have paid 574.00...Suburban brought me 231 gallons and charged my account 704.39!!!! Oh I am now furious. I called the New Jersey office and told them to come back and suck their friggin product back out of my tank...reimburse my money and send me a check immediately!!! 3.03 dollars a gallon!!! I can go to the gas station and get it for 2.49!! They are just p*ssed that I raised a stink...well they haven't seen anything yet...they will wish they had NEVER had me as a customer when I get done with them!!!
    Geez...do they think I have "Idiot" stamped on my forehead!! WRONG.

With you Beth and anyone else having tests tomorrow. Sorry for the rant....ggggrrrrr...they have really messed with the wrong hormone deprived women.
    If I can make it through a follow up appointment, stealing the Times Square ball, swiping a police statio toilet I can surely make Suburban Energy pretty darn miserable!! To the Deliverance tent with them.
    Whew
    Done now.
    Will check back on you all later.
    Love ya girls
    Vickie
  • karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,604
    edited January 2007
    Hi CG's

Vickie - NED - he is a lovely dancing partner. I knew your tests would be good. Celebrate to your hearts content. I loved the definitions of love you posted from children.
    NS - any news on the MRI yet?
    Beth1225 - hope everyone in your house gets well soon. Wear your mask and wash those hands - we don't want you sick. Good luck at the gyn tomorrow. Everything will be good.
    Madison - its the calm before the next storm. 50's next two days, the by friday in the teens and more snow is predicted.
    Laura - so sorry you are hurting so badly. I don't have any advice for you, but you are in my thoughts.
    Shirley - luckily only cars were damaged in the Avalanche - all the people were safe. Hope your mouth feels better soon.
    Tracey - great card!!! YOu gals are so talented!. I have a digital camera (for 2 1/2 years) and get my pictures printed at the grocery stroe. No too good with the computer. Need to try one of these days.
    Alaskadeb - I am mippleless too. I started recon at time of double mastectomy and there are days I wish I waited. Can't stop midstream!!! STage two is 3/23. IF I don't like them, then thats it. I admire you brave women who waited on recon - its what I wish I had done. I can't stand these expanders!!!

I called the neurologist today and got an appt for the EMG on thursday morning and go back to the hand doc next tuesday. Boss is actually letting me make up the time to leave early next week!.
    Well to to go - its time to fix dinner - stir fry tofu and veggies.
    To everyone I missed, I'm sending cyber hugs to you. Feel good.
  • lizws
    lizws Member Posts: 789
    edited January 2007
    Hi girls,

I can't even begin to get caught up tonight. I'll give it a shot tomorrow. To everyone who received good news - YES! To all awaiting tests, results, appointments etc. I'll be thinking of you.

I have an appointment with my gynecologic oncologist on Thursday and I am so dreading it. Think it's put me in a mood again.

I'm going to find a xanax lollipop.

Hugs and Prayers
    Liz
  • newvickie
    edited January 2007
    Liz...sending you a xanex lollipop with a shot of some really good whiskey! I will be with you holding your hand at your appointment and all will be well.
    I know all about the dread but all went well as it will for you.
    Hugs and prayers back to you
    Geez...gonna have to quit my job to keep up around here...then I can go with you all to your appointments...wonder if I can collect unemployment LOL.
    Vickie
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Member Posts: 282
    edited January 2007
    LIz and Beth good luck with gyno appt's!

Vickie, I can't believe your luck just when your up they bring you back down!!! sorry!

Just back from Apple Bee's yummy-they have a WW menu! and I added glass of wine to that, so all is good!!!

peace and prayers to all! Have a good night!

Michele
  • beth1225
    edited January 2007
    First of all, just wanted to let you guys know I have made up my mind. I am going tohave the bilat mast because I don't want to say, i should have done it. I have an appointment with the ps on Jan. 31st. Shelley said she hears he is really good and he is the #1 who works with my surgeon. I am still not sure about reconso we will have one long consult. dh is taking off from work to go with.

2nd thing is , West Side Story is on TCM right now. Great flick! Just thought I'd through that out there.

Liz, you and me, only good reports from our appointments tomorrow. Throw a Xanax pop over here if you have an extra.

Vickie, Suburban is in for it now! Thanks for the jokes. i needed a smile tonight! I got a great one about a retired couple in FL but it has a very bad word and is not funny without it. I will have to pm you and you can make a verdict yay or nay on here.

Michele, I have to remember Applebee's for next time we eat out. Maybe tomorrow nihgt.

Karen, glad everyone is OK. Every time I listen to the news, I think of whoever is form the boards in those places. BTW, can we keep all that snow out there? Well, snow is ok, but no ice and I forget who had that in our circle.

Tracey, I think Adrionna needs help with posting pics. I tried to help her. Photobucket worked for me.

Jan-can you believe that game? I thought the guys were going to go through the roof over at my house. GO EAGLES!

Madison, sorry but if you are a Saints fan, Jan and I have our guys in green. Maybe they won't choke this year.

I feel fine, no flu, just taking care of the boys. I hope they go to bed early!

to anyone I missed, I am sorry but I cannot see straight anymore!

Love and hugs,
    Beth
  • CherylG
    CherylG Member Posts: 85
    edited January 2007
    Hi Girls
    Wow miss a day and I'm lost.

DENISE ... great to see you posting

CONNIE... healing prayers for you

DEBC ... -24 wow!!! Still no snow over here

BETH... hope you stay well

VICKIE... Suburban needs a good swift kick in the a$$

THONGS ... love the pic, looks a lot like me in the morning

NS ... how's your headache??

LAURAB.... been there done that. Just don't lose yourself in all this.

Well.... never expected this one. Went for routine pap test today. She says there's a polyp that will need looking at.Gave me an appointment for 1 month from now (pap results) and will deal with things after that. Here I go thinking the worse.... anybody had this? Isn't a month a long time to wait???

Sorry if I missed anyone ... way too much to catch up on. From what I gather we had another commotion??
    Love you all,
    Signed clueless and boobless in Canada
    CherylG
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 1,233
    edited January 2007
    Vicki, my you've been busy this afternoon. I love it. Your posts about the children was adorable, and I really loved the other 2. You always come up with the coolest things! This is such a happy day for you, which makes it a happy day for the rest of us.

I really had to make myself get dressed & drive the 70 miles round trip to get my port flushed this afternoon. I've always been kind of a home body but since I finished rads I've turned into a hermit. The only time I leave the house is to go to the dr. I went alone today. As I was driving home I decided I'd put in a cd. My dd had burned me one of some of my favorite music for my birthday. Oh my, it did take me back to the carefree times of youth. The very first song on there was David Cassidys "I think I love You". Wow. When I was in H.S. I had his pretty little face on posters all over my wall, along with Bobby Sherman! But I was crazy for David! After that song came Grand Funks "American Band" which was the first song I performed with our dance drill team in H.S. Then, I was transformed into my 20's. Rod Stewart, Bob Seager, K.C. and the Sunshine Band, Skynard, Marshall Tucker, Janis Joplin, Eagles, Michael Jackson, Pure Prairie League, REO, Fleetwood Mac,and Heart. I traveled 35yrs in that 35 mile trip home. Geez! I haven't felt that carefree & light in a long, long time. I just sang along & it didn't matter i was off key. I hated it when the drive ended, even sat in the car til the end of the song I was listening to ended.

I know that I'll never be that person again. That's ok. but it took me back to the places when I was happy. It also let me have a peak of what joy feels like again. I'd forgotten. I've been so knee deep in problems, health issues, worries and all that adult stuff we have to face that I'd forgotten to enjoy my life now. I don't really want MY OLD LIFE back anymore. I just want to learn to enjoy the things that the my new life has to offer. It changed my outlook today...God knows that was needed. I have so many blessings. I'm just waiting to get this broken ankle fixed so I can walk. Then look out world here I come!! I am NED as far as my last onc visit so I'm going to quit having Ghost Cancer. My sense of humor has slowly been coming back & I love it when I can look at my situations & make at least something funny out of it. Course, it will help a great deal when Chemo Brain gives me a bit of a break!

I love this Circle and I love you girls. I have came so far since I hooked my wagon on. I just thought I'd share a happy experience with you all. Feels good.

I wish all who reads this a great evening,
    Cheri
  • AlaskaDeb
    AlaskaDeb Member Posts: 1,159
    edited January 2007
    Hey Amy-

Tell Mazer the cinnamon buns are in the oven. They will be al ready for tomorrow. Actually, they are not my favorite, so I can make them for my family and stay out of htem. Now if I make wheat bread I want to eat the whole loaf while it is warm....

No one has cooked in a while, so I have dinner made. There is a huge pot of veggie soup with veggies I froze from my garden this summer, a pot of homemade chunky applesauce, some colby cheese and low fat crackers. The cinnamon buns with pecans are almost cool enough to eat. The best thing is that cyber food is calorie free

Thanks to everyone who is praying for Connie
    Hugs to all
    Deb C
  • snowmen_n_thongs
    snowmen_n_thongs Member Posts: 367
    edited January 2007
    mmmm cinnamon buns sounds good and it took me forever to spell it so i deserve one!
    i have been so busy tonight i have decided to clean house... in the last few years i have let it go a bit and i am a bad pack rat!
    so out with the old and in with the new... except hubby is determined to help and i think i dont mistakenly take him for the garbage... hahaha yep he is still on the bad list!
    so far 6 bags of garbage,clothes, shoes, and more garbage....
    i feel good and my house is looking better which makes me happier
    i am starting school today except the server crashed so i guess i might as well have a few coolers and start in the morning!
    mmmm i baked a salmon and it turned out delicious!!!
    tracey
  • Madison
    Madison Member Posts: 859
    edited January 2007
    Good Evening All,

Vickie, I knew that gun totting squirrel was gonna give those docs a scare…so NED it is…Yippie….Maybe, just maybe, he needs to go after Suburban Energy Services..

Vickie, I must not have loved anyone cause…I won’t share my French fries.” "Love is when you go out to eat and give somebody most of your French fries without making them give you any of theirs." Loved the quotes…..

I have a big pot of home-made chicken soup in the medic tent for all of our flu-bug people……Beth, you need to take some soup to your house…

Nicki, some soup for you…and bed rest

DebC, prayers for Connie…let us know how goes her surgery tomorrow.

LauraB, only you can make these decisions…..proceed with Caution….

Amy, do you think Mazer would like some beignets from Café’ Du Monde……they are sooooo good……If Mazer is heading to Alaska tomorrow morning I need to get some good south Louisiana coffee to you to keep Mazer warm…….it is awfully cold there…

Tracey….I just had to show everyone at work your kitty…..yep, I believe I have looked like that kitty a time or two (or three or more…..)

Cheri, I went on the humor forum and laughed out loud when I read the post……and of course, once again my office co-workers thought I had a screw loose……

Jan, Beth, Okay, Yes I am a Saints fan, we were fans of Da Saints even when Da Saints were a loosing team (which as everyone recalls was forever), had season tickets, went to da games in da Superdome…..gosh, it is so good to see Da Saints winning….maybe, just maybe, the curse has been broken…..Oh When Da Saints Go Marching In…..

Michele, I hope you enjoyed your evening out with hubby…..

Karen, stay safe in all the snow and good luck with the tests.

Liz, you are seeing your gyn Thursday – good luck

Everyone else having test – thinking of you….I go see my onc’s pa on Thursday for a 6 month hormone therapy visit.

CherylG, YIKES, yes a month is a long time to have to wait for a test…can you get in earlier…waiting is so hard

Cheri, oh my goodness did you bring back memories…Bobby Sherman, my oh my, did I have a crush on that hunk….I think I wore out the record player needle listening to him….In my mind he hasn’t aged one day since the 70’s….Please think happy thoughts

Well ladies, dh is hovering over my shoulder…he wants to check the LSU blogs and I have to share the computer (although I don’t want to share…remember I never shared my French fries…..)

Hugs, concern, prayers to all

Madison
  • Unknown
    edited January 2007
    My friend Flicker and I are on the way!
    May God's love hold tou tight!
    peace,
    Marsha
  • AlaskaDeb
    AlaskaDeb Member Posts: 1,159
    edited January 2007
    I heard that Mazer didn't want to get on the magic carpet.
    I think she was afraid she would get cold. I whispered in her ear that Connie owns lots of horses and would love a visit from a fuzzy little donkey, it would really make her smile.

I also showed her the cinnamon buns....

I think she's on her way

Hugs
    Deb C
  • snowmen_n_thongs
    snowmen_n_thongs Member Posts: 367
    edited January 2007
    this guys love them buns!!!!!!1

[image]http://image[/image]

tracey
  • b445
    b445 Member Posts: 980
    edited January 2007
    Deb you tell Connie that she has a whole wagon train circling her.
    By the way I think you're sending some of that BRRRR cold air my way! Can't you just keep it up there?

Shirley, No more Chiropractor? Why not? Baseboard? What are baseboards. When we moved in here almost 14 years ago my hubby tore them out to finish the floors and he threw them away. I could have refinished them, but naw he thought they don't cost much to replace. Yeah right. So I still don't have baseboards!

OOOHHH cinnamon buns with lots of creamcheese frosting and pecans! Yummy!

yahoo Vickie!

Cheryl, I had several polyps. They did a DNC to remove them in Nov. Did they find then with a biopsy or US? I don't think they are usually to worried about them, but generally they like to remove them.

Wow have you gals looked at the Circle Map lately? 229 posts since we started it!

Laura, I know you still love Ray and you want to make it work. For your sake I hope it can. But please don't give up yourself for him. I loved my first husband for many years after he walked out with his girlfriends. I can't get back what I lost to him. My daughter was so hurt by the things he did.
    My second husband didn't stand a chance when he said he was done!
    Thank God my third hubby knew just what my girls needed. He is more of a dad than the girls fathers ever were.
    Just remember not to lose yourself in all of this.
    We're praying for you.

Thongs, School, how can you do school. I have enough trouble just keeping up with the circle I don't think I could do school too! I admire you!

Ok going to make the rounds and put on a few more logs to warm us up!
  • newvickie
    edited January 2007
    Wooohooo...we are going to Alaska today!!! Great (I hate cold and snow but love Deb so we'll go and lend support). Let your friend know we are on our way!!
    Laura...I posted a couple of jokes about cheating husbands and then had second thoughts...don't want your feelings hurt any more than they are. If they bother you I will delete them...was trying to bring you a smile but don't know if thats how you see it?!? I am wishing you all the very best. I believe (MPO) that God knows what is best for you and he will see you through...along with all of us.
    Tracey is cleaning...want to come to my house!
    Beth...a bilateral. Don't worry...I did it too as many others have and it is surprisingly easy physically. We will be with you.
    Ok...REALLY gotta get ready for work...today's the day to take on Suburban...I have had a tough time writing but found a number to the Attorney Generals office...look out Suburban!!!
    Love you all
    Be back later
    Vickie
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 2,728
    edited January 2007
    Good Mroning Everyone: Well today is another day and when I woke up I felt normal again. Im not sure what I had, but Im glad its gone. Stayed in bed all day yesterday. Fatigued and dull but bothersome headache. My husband was shocked, cause he knows Im an early riser, and yesterday morning I crawled back to bed and when he woke up he found me sleeping instead of getting ready for work. But that was yesterday, and today is a new day.

Amy: The biggest part of my recovery was the reconstruction. I had expanders/implants. If I had to do it over again, I would do it without the reconstruction. Distored Humor is excited about flying over to Alaska for Connie too. He wants to see the snowman that is 2 stories tall. Heard that snowman is causing traffic jams - so many people want to see it.

Jan: I saw the Eagles game. Was a bit anxiety ridden, but WOW in the end! I would have been screaming and jumping around the house for joy.

Vickie: You were on a roll last night. Im still laughing at the 'What Is Love" post. Very cute. And the OWCH joke made me laugh out loud. NED - wonderful words to hear.

Michelle: What a relief. They took Anthony off the ventilator. Thats wonderful. Poor little guy - but sure sounds like a fighter.

Karen: It sounds like your boss is trying to be a nicer person for the New Year. Thank goodness. Hard to worry about getting to doctor appt and working at the same time. Im lucky - my job is flexible - so I can fit in a doctors appointment here and there. More often here than there though.

Beth: I went with bil mast. Once I knew about being BRCA positive, I knew I needed to take care of this right now. I had bil. mast, removal of ovaries and reconstruction. Its music to my ears to say that was 18 months ago. I cant believe how time just flew by.

CherylG: Man, I just get so tired of going for routine appt and then having something new to worry about. Hope that polyp is nothing. Wait a month? I do beleive we are experts at the waiting game. Hope all is well.

Cheri: What a nice story. Im a "hermit" myself. My only safe places are home and work. Anything else, becomes an anxiety ridden experience. Nothing like listening to a good CD. Ahahahahah Bobby Sherman? I rmember him and Hullaballu too!

Tracey: Ha! Im picturing your husband in a garbage bag, trying to get out, but its super zipper lock closed! Hope you enjoy you class today.

Madison: Oh yes - football in Louisiana must be fun this season. I know its fun here in Chicago with DaBears. What is the definition of a loyal fan? Well if you live in Chicago - your a Cubs fan - always saying maybe next year!

Marsha: Distorted Humor (my retired race horse) wants to know if Your Friend Flicker is female. He likes all animals, but is partial to those that are female.

Debc: Oh I am laughing. Of course Mazer didnt want to get on the magic carpet. She has been sprinkled with flying dust from tinkerbell. So has Distorted Humor. Now they can go where ever they want. When they want. Let your friend Connie know there will be lots of us there with her. Just hoping Mazer and Distorted dont cause a ruckus looking for more food.

LauraB: You story touched me. Sounds like Ray caved in a bit. Also sounds like there is some depression going on. We would never think of you as weak. We want you to be happy again. Whether it is with or without Ray. I say, keep on doing what your doing. And dont make any moves without discussing it with your lawyer. Hoping today is a good day for you.

Im trying to go back a read all the posts I have missed, but there are so many. And its time for me to go get ready for work.

Liz: Good luck with the gyn/onc appointment. Ive been to one myself and the exams are WAY different!!

NS: Hoping your feeling well today

Mena: Where are you

Shel and Vera: Where are you

Peggy (Sige) Where are you

Sherloc: What is going on with headaches. First NS, then me, then you. Wonder if it has something to do with the atmosphere. Anyways, hope you are feeling better.

PurpleMB: Last time we didnt see a post from you, your husband got sick. Hoping all is well and looking forward to hearing from you.

OK everyone, I gotta go. See ya all later

Nicki
  • beth1225
    edited January 2007
    I was up so early this morning, I can't keep up with everyone! Besides, Vickie and I have been PM'g so far this morning so that kept me busy in between getting ds up and out for school. I had to help him find his Eagles sweatshirt since "all the kids" are wearing logo stuff.

Anyway, have you guys visiting Alaska. Don't bring back the subzero cold though. Just go visit, give Connie our love and hugs and come home safe.

Everybody have a good day today. To start it off well, here is a joke I was told by one of our sisters would be good to post here as well as the homor forum:

A couple, Abe and Beckie, retire and move to a penthouse condo in Florida, overlooking the ocean. He is 95 and she is 90. One day Becky goes to the Mall and says she will be back in 2 hours.

She comes back home and finds him in bed with a young chippy. Incensed, she drags him out of the bed, through the condo and hangs him over the balcony by his hands.

He says, "Becky, Becky...if you drop me now, I'll die!"

Becky says, "At your age...if you cn f**k you can fly!"

Love and hugs and smiles,
    Beth
  • LauraB
    LauraB Member Posts: 71
    edited January 2007
    Circle girls,
    I'm swamped at work (good thing?) so don't think I'll be checking in much today.

Vicki---I wasn't offended one little bit! Actually put a smile on my face, so thanks for starting out my day that way!

Nicki, you probably know me better than anyone. You seen my many ups, and now seeing my downs. However, you accept me and my decisions and that's empowering.

I truly appreciate all the support everyone is giving me. Asking for one bit of advice....this is the website of the mediator Ray found: www.malonemediation.com/mediation.

I know Ray read this before he called them for prices, but wonder if he noticed item 5 under "is mediation right for my case?" IF (a big if) I wanted to see what this was all about, what do you think of me going by myself since initial consult is free? I'm sure I should ask my lawyer, and the mediator may not even want to meet me alone. I know Ray perceives this route as easy, but I know it just can't be so.

Your thoughts?

LauraB
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Member Posts: 282
    edited January 2007
    Hi Girls,
    I haven't had a chance to post but I have been trying to read everyone to catch up.
    I have good news for a change my son, Michael, who is in the Air Force surprised me and came home yesterday! He is home for two weeks! My husband,BF,and my son Tommy knew for a month. I had no clue. I am so happy to see him. He hasn't been home since May. It was right when I was being tested.
    We find out when Kevin's surgery is sometime this week.They decided he needs the pectus surgery before the heart surgery. We will have to wait 4 months after to do the heart. The insurance company has to approve the surgery. The doctor says the insurance companies think this kind of surgery(Pectus) is cosmetic so they have a hard time getting it approved. Don't get me started on insurance companies! You should have seen what I went through for his craniostenosis surgery.I am ready to fight them again if I have too. I have different insurance now so I don't think it will be that bad.
    I was really feeling depressed yesterday and seeing Michael made my day. I have all four of my boys home with me. We are crowded but I am loving it.
    DebC-I am mippleless too! I have to decide by 1/18 if I want my new boob made smaller or the old boob made bigger. I am lopsided now. You can tell when I have a bathing suit on. The PS kept looking at my husband and he says you know what I vote for...LOL. He then said I didn't marry you for your boobs,good thing he didn't. Does anyone have implants? If I get them in my right boob,will they be able to find BC if it occurs in that breast? I have an appointment on 1/16 with the breast surgeon and 1/17 with the onc so I will ask their oppion as well.
    Take Care,
    Joyce
  • joy1122
    joy1122 Member Posts: 189
    edited January 2007
    That's me up above. I don't know why that keeps happening. Yesterday I posted a long post and it went away.

Joyce
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 2,728
    edited January 2007
    LauraB: I clicked on the site, but it comes back this page cant be found!! I was curious to see what it said. "Mediation." Somehow that leaves a nasty taste in my mouth. I do believe, there is no easy way to get through all this. I think I would stay with my lawyers advice.

Joyce: So glad you signed your name. The ghost of bad Jake hit again. Anonymous!! What a great story. Having your son come home to visit. You have to be thrilled.

OK! Hair is wet, gotta go fix it up and leave. Geez! Im so addicted, I have to sneak in between showers and getting dressed for work.

Have a great day

Nicki
  • LauraB
    LauraB Member Posts: 71
    edited January 2007
    Nicki,
    You still feeling poorly? If so, feel better fast!

Here's the right URL: http://www.malonemediation.com/mediation.html

LauraB