Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

TIME TO CIRCLE THE WAGONS GIRLS

Comments

• sherloc
    sherloc Member Posts: 893
    edited January 2007
    done with painting for the day. I am to pooped to pop and I think I'm gonna hurt later. But I made some good progress. A couple more days and it should be done. I'll catch up tomorrow. Have a great night
    Liz, headache is worse after smelling paint fumes all day. But whats a girl to do. O I know....DRUGS!!!!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 1,233
    edited January 2007
    Laura, you named Ray for Best Husband on the radio? Hmmm.

Sue, condolences regarding your friend. It's so hard losing someone.

Welcome Robbie! Hope your surgery went well today. You've found a great place here. The ladies are kind and they make you feel so safe & cared about. Post whenever you feel like it. Oh & I loved the poem.

Amy, WooHoo, so happy for you!

NS, sorry you've been sick & hope you're feeling better. It's not the same without you around here.

Mena, you've come home, girl! Looks like you need a little shorter leash so we can yank you back if you get too far out there.

Nicki,Vicki,Liz,CherylCy,Deb,Madison,Michele,Carrie,Denise,Tracey,Susan,Brenda,Ginney,Shirley, and all the rest, I hope you all are well and have a good evening.

I'm a little under the weather today. I woke up with a sinus headache.I looked around to make sure I wasn't in the Hooch tent.I will tell you that *looks from side to side* Mena was passed out on the floor the last time we were there. Poor dear. She has that little...uh...problem. Haven't been sleeping well either. Just a little off track because of this weird weather we're having.

Wishing you all that are reading this a good evening.
    Cheri
  • newvickie
    newvickie Member Posts: 2,941
    edited January 2007
    Singing
    I'm a bitch
    I'm a bitch lalalalalal
    LOL
    Good one Beth.
    VERA...IT'S ABOUT TIME YOU RETURNED HOME! Geez, trying to keep the humor going without you is tough! I was stealing all kinds of things for our New Years Eve party, a toilet from the police station to flush 2006 down the drain, the Times Square Ball, a butt ler (heehee...I didn't return him)...I had Madison and Cheri keeping the NY ball cops at bay and we hid everything in the PMS tent. We could have used your big guns that weekend!! Glad your back.
    NS...yup the dirty rotten b*stards charged me 3.00 a gallon. Faxing the AG tomorrow and the Consumer Protection Agency. How is the headache? Sending you big warm hugs.
    Shirley...wanna come paint at my house. I've decided (well almost) that I'm going to paint my kitchen, dining and livingroom red. I've seen it done and loved it. Just sounds like a happy color and I need happy. (don't like yellow or orange...so red it is)!
    Laura...sending you hugs. The guilt game can be fun...he must be just beside himself by now trying to figure out what to do next.
    Having fun with the "craft forum"...wow. I really needed more crafts to do (NOT). I just love it though.
    No Shopmama yet and where is Bean...gonna have to send out a posse to round them up (oops...shouldn't say posse I guess...LOL).
    I have to see my breast surgeon next Wednesday...no breasts now so I don't know what she will do...just check how I'm healing or will I get scans or something? Not too worried about it. I am taking the whole day off and going to cruise the mall after my appointment and just relax!
    Liz,Cheri, Deb, Mena, NS, Madison, Tgirl, Beth, Vera, Jeannette (hmm...where are you?), Puppy, MB, awww crap didn't take notes...hugs to everyone...love you all!
    Shall we have a Valentines party!! I am really into this swiping stuff and with Vera, Madison and Cheri watching my back I should be able to come up with some pretty good stuff.
    Might be back later...really wound up tonight for some reason so I'm gonna go vacuum before I crash.
    Hugs hugs hugs
    Vickie
  • neesie
    neesie Member Posts: 1,110
    edited April 2008
    Love it Beth............We should be proud to be a BITCH!!

Denise
  • newvickie
    edited January 2007
    Cheri...HI...how is the not smoking going. I'm trying but not doing as well as I would like. Only four so far today but let me tell you...it's tough!
    Hi Denise and welcome and we should all be proud!
  • beth1225
    beth1225 Member Posts: 402
    edited January 2007
    This guy was flying around our house tonight and I thought I would bring him hee for Vickie! Let's start Valentine's early!

Traaaacey, are you proud of me that I did it finally the way you have been trying to teach me?!?!?
  • newvickie
    edited January 2007
    Oh Brenda...he's a cutie.
    I was going to call you but guess what...CHEMO BRAIN STRICKS AGAIN...I couldn't figure out why no one had called tonight...well I walked by my phone and thought that it looked funny...yup...I put it in the charger UPSIDE DOWN! Last night!!! Geez...dead battery till tomorrow LOL...oh my. Nathaniel got a kick out of it.
  • Naniam
    Naniam Member Posts: 586
    edited January 2007
    Just checking in. Amy, glad to hear your news - WONDERFUL.
    Vera good to see you post.

Cheri, Shirley, Nicki, what is it with these headaches. I'm with you guys.

Puppy, funeral home again? What is in the air/water around you - just kidding!!!

I just realized we kind of misplaced some gals since Christmas/first of the year or my foggy brain is really acting up: Bean, Betty, Lynn, Jezza, Tina, Kristin, Silvergirl, Baldeagle, AlianaB - Miss you!!! Hope all is well.

Ginney hope you are OK. Peggy/Seige hope you are dropping by and at least reading the post - miss you.

Vicki, glad you are getting that letter faxed tomorrow. My daughter did her bedroom in a red - more a Williamsburg red with white trim. I didn't think I would like it but it was just beautiful. I saw the crafts site - the only thing I ever did was counted cross stitch but don't do that much anymore

Mena, you OK today? I think we need to send a priest to your neighbors house. We used to have this customer come in and when he ordered - we just about couldn't wait on him and the other customers around him would have to back up (he got his order real quick) as he had lots and lots of cats in his house - in fact everyone called him "cat man". They must have all have used him for their litter box.

Don't mean to overlook anyone - forgive me if I did. Everyone take care and have a good evening.

Brenda
  • newvickie
    edited January 2007
    WOOHOO...HAHAHA
    I BET THE NEIGHBORS!!!
    I still have all my Christmas lights up...all blue and white with snowfakes...the works. WELL last year I had all my lights up and the neighbors across from us on the hill had theirs up too...Nathaniel said we couldn't take ours down till they took theirs down. Well on Valentines day they still had theirs up and I said "ok...enough is enough" and took ours down. Well the very next day they took theirs down. SOOO...needless to say Nathaniel decided that this year we were going to leave ours up no matter what (even if it was summer...can you imagine!) and they took theirs down today!!! WE WIN!! I'm the only one with Christmas lights still glowing LOL and I'm probably going to keep them glowing till the end of January just for the heck of it.
    The entire neighborhood probably thinks I'm looney and will send the men with the little nets in white coats to cart me off before long so if I disappear someone come break me out PLEASE!
    (shhh...don't tell anyone but my tree is still up too LOL)
    Crazy Vickie sending love and signing off till tomorrow...sweet dreams ladies.
  • Madison
    Madison Member Posts: 859
    edited January 2007
    Good Evening All,

I have the computer to myself...dh is in meetings tonight..., but I have an onc appointment tomorrow and am too stressed to function.

I hope you all have a wonderful evening. I have to go pour myself another glass of WINE.

Hugs, Madison
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Member Posts: 282
    edited January 2007
    Hi CGs

I have been quietly reading for the last few days.
    Boy with all of the posts flying by the time I get around to it so many of you have offered words of wisdom, comfort and support. I hardly know where to begin.

Laura, you have all of our heartfelt understanding. Just do what is best for you. We will be there. Just remeber what everyone has said - stick with your lawyer and not a mediator. Mediators are best for no contest situations - not yours.

Amy - I am amazed at all of your hard construction work. What energy.

Deb, you have sent the cold and blizzard our way - it is to beat the band out there. I have to throw a huge pile of logs on the fire to keep us warm. I generally don't believe in artificial logs, but one with nice colours - green and blue and violet seems so fitting in this weather.

Viki, please go for it and send your complaints off. You know if you want any of us to also send stuff we will. Just say the word. I still think that you should alert the press.

Niki, any time you want to get on the treadmill we can do it together.

Mena, you are in our hearts - hope you have the get up and go to post soon.

Cheri, how goes the smoking ban? Even if you have had a slip., just get back on the wagon. You know, the one that doesn't send smoke signals.

I shall tell my PS about the mipples - he will enjoy that. I do plan to finish with the reconstruction when my body has a chance to recover. Currently scheduled for early April. Hmm - as I typed this I realized that I have been invited to speak at a conference in NYC in April. May have to postpone the mipples! I haven't seen NYC since a week before 9/11. Hmm. For those of you who don't know, I lived near NYC for over 20 years before coming back to Canada. Given the medical problems my husband and I have had these last few years I am so glad to be in this health care system. It has saved our lives (especially my DH) and our finances.

OKAY, after all of the partying we haven't thought about comfort food for a while. We need so special stuff through the blizzards and ice storms. So I have a big batch of chicken soup - sent some off to a friend and husband recovering from the flu. The rest I have saved for all of you. For those who want something hearty there is beaf stew. Organic beef from my Hutterite friends who grow the most amazing stuff and raise some awesome cattle. Not too spice, but a bit of cumin to liven the taste. POtatoes, beans, carrots for a balanced meal.

And for a night-time toddy....anyone making some mulled cider?

Jeannette
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Member Posts: 282
    edited January 2007
    Me again. When I post on my husband's computer it registers me as anonymous. Seems like we should let Melissa know that you can post without registering.

Jeannette
  • susanmcm
    susanmcm Member Posts: 699
    edited January 2007
    all of the circle girls are so special. we do a pretty good job of taking care of each other ya know. I'm happy, just tired. went to the knee doctor today. Will have surgery in 3 months. I will be on the cancellation list for an earlier appt. tomorrow I go see PCP about tiredness, etc. Life is good!

susan
  • Mena
    Mena Member Posts: 263
    edited January 2007
    hahaha Brenda: if we sent a priest to my neighbor's house, she'd seduce him with her witchy ways...I'm ok...still have a bit of a toothache but compared to what some others are going thru, I ain't complaining.

Vickie: you cracked me up! I still have my tree lit as I type! And my garland on my deck, too! It's pretty. Geesh, you all remember how long it took me to get the energy to get this all up? If I have to look at a freaking Pentagram on someone's roof, my neighbors can handle my tasteful decorating for a few more days...

Madison...what did I want to say to you...I'm drawing a blank. Dammit...I have to reread your post and come back.

Laura: do you realize how valuable air space is on radio stations? I wouldn't have wasted the time or anyone's money on that. Or let anyone in the listening area even entertain the idea that he's the best husband. He enjoyed that. Don't kid yourself.

Amy, WOO FREAKING HOO FOR YOU! Awesome news for an awesome chiquita. Drinks on me in the Hoochie Tent. Course, Cheri's already there...in stilettos and fishnets...some kind of midlife crisis, I think...

Sherloc, so good to see you! I can't paint at all. I step in it, get it in my hair...just not my "thing"...I bow to you and every other woman who can do this well. I hate it...

I know people are having tests tomorrow...who was that who is hitting the wine? I can't remember Jack ship anymore. OH, Madison!!! That's what I wanted to say to you. I'll come with, hon...and I'll bring my new blankie...don't get drunk and have to do it with a hangover, though! It'll be ok...I'll be praying for you...I know this is hard.

NS...what's going on with the headaches? Send me a pm or something.

Puppy, Puppy, Puppy, I can hear your voice in my head. Where are you? I'm coming to that dang town if all you do have is a good college football team. They did beat Rutgers. I am humbled.

Oh, who mentioned Valentine's Day? Please...another week or so...that's my bday and I'm not ready to be a year older yet.

Oh Vera, so good to see you! How are you?

I can't possibly cover everyone without notes that I didn't take...

My son went for the MRI of his knee tonight...will know more in a couple days I guess...

Michele: Getting weighed at work? That's chutzpah. Good for you!

Oh, MB...so happy to hear that your husband is doing well...Thank God!

Oh, and who celebrated two years? High fives! It's not that I'm being thoughtless, I just didn't write things down ladies...it's a miracle I've remembered this much so far...

Liz: always good to see you, my friend...

Ok, before I time out...love to all of you...Mena...xo
  • silvergirl9114
    silvergirl9114 Member Posts: 310
    edited January 2007
    Brenda---I'm here but haven't been posting. Stupid trigger finger still making a mess of my questionable typing skills so just lurking. But thanks for asking.

Have been worrying about everyone who needs to be worried for and celebrating with those with good news. I think of you all each day.

Going for second crack at mipple Friday---this time won't be so cavalier about lifting grandchildren, hugging things to chest, generally abusing the little darlin'. Will be 2 years in June and I'm getting very tired of fiddling around with my boobs!

And three cheers for the craft thread---right up my alley!!

Jeannie
  • b445
    b445 Member Posts: 980
    edited January 2007

OK between Alaska DE and Snowman in Thongs we are getting pretty darn COLD and WHITE here! It's snowed more than 3" in the last hour here!

• beth1225
    beth1225 Member Posts: 402
    edited January 2007
    All right you guys in the great white north.....stop sending down the cold and white stuff. I could have sworn I heard we are going to get SNOW! My dh said it snowed so bad you couldn't see the other side of the street! None of it stuck, though.

NO ICE!! Sorry Debc, but I do not handle ice and snow very well. Bring me cold air that is OK. I will put some soup on to simmer as long as someone else brings the logs.

Love and hugs,
    Beth
  • snowmen_n_thongs
    snowmen_n_thongs Member Posts: 367
    edited January 2007
    wow lots of new posts in such a short time!!!
    it sure is getting cold here its only minus 10 so far but spose to hit minus 35 celsius

Beth bitchology is good... loved it... and yes proud of you heheheheh
    lizws hope your appoints go good tomorrow...... i know it will anyways!
    hahah sherloc, your to pooped to poop??? ahahahah you made my night ....
    i am singing with you vickie.. hahaha good one!~

ok i went out for drinks and i feel so good...
    and now i have a huge craving for a subway phillysteak thing

whooooohoooo
    tracey
    ps ty for the good wishes about school it still hasnt started should be shoon though!
    hugsssssss and more wine
  • snowmen_n_thongs
    edited January 2007
    hahahah hmmmmmmm

• snowmen_n_thongs
    edited January 2007
  • MargaretB
    MargaretB Member Posts: 771
    edited January 2007
    Just me dropping in.
    Amy, congrats on the lesion that has cleared up.
    Mena, glad you're back....hope you're staying warm under your new quilt.
    LauraB, I have to hand to to you, I could not have handled the situation with you and hubby like you have - old Ray would have been kicked to the curb long ago. Good luck to you.
    Madison, I don't share my laptop. My husband uses the desktop and I have my laptop.
    Robbie, welcome, and good luck with your surgery.
    Deb, don't know how you can stand that cold - they are predicting very cold temperatures for us the next several days...in the 20s at night....for us, that's cold.
    NS, hope you're feeling better soon.
    Vera, glad to see you again.
    I know there are others but when I miss a day or two, I only go back two pages, too much to catch up on otherwise. Night all; sleep tight and stay warm.

Margaret
    Margaret
  • TheShopMama
    TheShopMama Member Posts: 276
    edited January 2007
    <peeking around the back of the wagon..... looking for a candle someone left lit for me.....>

good evening, ladies. a bit overwhelmed here with the new of it......so be patient. Sounds like a great place to be, but with my short term memory loss, I will never keep up with everyone. There were so many posts today! Hope you all have a good night. I look forward to easing in to the routine here. Looking for a place to just reload and recover. I know there is room...... But where did vickie put that candle????????? pam
  • snowmen_n_thongs
    edited January 2007
    hahahahahahah loved this one!

• Madison
    Madison Member Posts: 859
    edited January 2007
    Okay Tracey,

This pic reminds me of all the boob treatment I had to have...you gotta show them your boob (or what is left of them) constantly..and all the medical people they tell to relax, act natural...
    Yea Right, You show me your boob and I'll show you mine (or what's left of it).

Madison
  • snowmen_n_thongs
    edited January 2007
    ok fine ....
    my favorite one now... hahahahahahaha

[image]image[/image]
  • baldeagle
    baldeagle Member Posts: 97
    edited January 2007
    Welcome shopmamma -aka Pam. We are a motely bunch here. Some basking at 70F some colder than where blood freezes.

Ok girls - we are sendsing lots of cold down south -about time for some real winter weather. The wind is kicking the chill to -35 C. That's cold. However, our houses our built for cold weather and somehow we manage through it.

I am looking ahead to the warm long days of spring and summer when the sun barely sets. That's what keeps me going in the chill. Only problem is that my bare head still doesn't have enough insulation for this stuff.

Jeannette
  • snowmen_n_thongs
    edited January 2007
    welcome shopmamma, pls forgive my pengiuns!
    tracey
  • nosurrender
    nosurrender Member Posts: 737
    edited January 2007
    Evening girls! Tracy I LOVE your penguins!!

Beth, that bitch thing I remember from years back when Rosanne did it. I wish you luck with your decision. If your cancer was er/pr+ and you are in meno, did your doc mention an AI in place of Tamox? AIs have a much better recurrance free rate and fewer life threatening side effects like blood clots. Although the women on them do sometimes get terrible pain and aches from them. We just can't win when we are trying to keep this blasted beast from coming back!!

Ishop, I am so sorry about your friend. It is alway so hard to lose someone we are close to, especially to this DD- (damn disease)

MENA- missy- glad to see you around!!!

Tracey you are a hoot tonight! Thanks for the penguins!!!

Liz HAPPY ONE YEAR OUT OF CHEMO!!! Remember when we thought it would never end... and now it has been over for a year??

Vickie, I am ready and armed to do battle for you at any time! Only say the word!! I am just SO BUMMED that Eliot Spitzer isn't our AG any more- that guy was like a tiger with a piece of raw meat!!

Laura, I rememberd a book i read once... I can't remember the name of it but it was very popular. If I can find it I will pm you. Anyway, the woman in the book's DH was having and affair and she did EXACTLY what you are doing... being sweet and loving and not causing a ruckus... well- the OW started to nag him and cause the ruckus herself instead and it made him realize what a prize his wife was! I have to find it for you- I will even send it to you if I can find the actual book!

Vera, that was really cool what you did with your mom. I love it when you post here!

Theresa, many a day I have been tempted to throw this PC out the window!!! I can relate! GOOD to see you again!!

Shirley LOL- paint fumes and drugs... what is next? Sniffing glue??

Cheri, so sorry you are under the weather too! I heard on the news tonight that people are getting more headaches from sinuses this year because of the whacky weather... I hope that is all it is!
    That goes for you too Nicki and all the other headache girls!!!

Naniam you take good care of yourself too!!

Jeannette! Good luck with your mipple man tomorrow!!

Jeannie, you got a mipple man appointment coming up too??

Susan, I hope your surgery on your knee helps it! I know that they can do wonders now!!

Hey Deb, how are you doing up there!! How did your friend do in her surgery???

Margaret, thanks. I am working on it!

Shop mama! GOOD TO SEE YOU!!!

Ok- I better sign off before my name gets eaten too!
  • karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,604
    edited January 2007
    Good evening CG ladies -

The cold weather is on its way to Denver - teens on friday and single digits on Saturday with more snow (IT was in the 50's today). DH is off to San Fran tomorrow morning and will be back saturday evening. Then I am off to Nicki's part of the camp - Chicago to see my dd. Arrive midnight satnight/sun morning and come home monday night. It is the start of dd winter vacation and she decided to stay in Chicago instead of being bored at home. I'm sure it will take me days to recover from this whirlwind trip. Thinking of going to the American Girl Doll store and surprising 8 year old dd with the newest AG doll book and pet. The newest girl lives on a ranch in Colorado and is a dog trainer. She raised Bernese Mountain dogs - of which we have two. So need to get the dog. Is the stuffed dog for me or Miriam!!!!??? (not buying any dolls though.
    Deb - Where can I get my "get out of doctors office for free" card? I want one - no I want several.
    Nickie - you are so creative - Valentine tissue boxes. Thanks for the hugs. I like your descriptions - it also describes me and I sure many of the other gals here. Does it ever stop?
    Laura - love what you did with the "greatest hubby" You are a better woman than I am.
    Beth1225 - when do you see the ps? Wow, grandma lived to be 101+. I thought longevity ran in my family with 88 and 89. She sounded like a wonderful lady. "Bitchology" is great - need to copy it and share it with my local girlfriends.
    Robbie - welcome to the cirlce. You are in my thoughts. Please keep us posted on your surgery. I just loved your "every women...". I plan to copy it and keep it. thanks so much for sharing it with us.
    Shirley - thanks for your hugs.
    Amy - glad to hear your lesion is gone. Like you, I am ready for boring.Jeannie - good luck with "mipple".
    Nickie (again). I also love Sir Paul. Craig and I went to see him 11/1/05. He played for almost 3 hours. It was absolutely the finest concert I have ever been to.
    Cheri - how many days has it been now? You go girl!!!
    Susan - sorry you have to wait so long for the knee surgery.
    Liz - thanks for the hugs.
    Jan - I also think my carpel tunnel is from the Arimidex. PCP said not so and hand doc said didn't know. BUt I think yes.
    I see the neurologist tomorrow morning for the EMG test. I can't wait to see what he has to say. Left hand isn't so bad, so not too worried about it. Right hand (dominant hand) is horrid. It seems to get worse by the minute. I am leaning towards surgery, but I do worry about lymphademia. But what is worse - LE or constant pain and discomfort in the hand? It seems like a loose/loose situation. But won't make a decision until I see the hand doc again next week.
    Everyone stay warm and feel good. Till tomorrow night.
  • AlaskaDeb
    AlaskaDeb Member Posts: 1,159
    edited January 2007
    OK girls...good news all around! Connie's surgery went well. She is back home from Anchorage and feeling good. Thanks for all the prayers for her...keep them coming.

Oh, and it has warmed up 40 degrees in 24 hours. from -32 to +8F. We are under a snow warning...6 to 14 inches in the next 24 hours :O

I'm working on some crocheting, so I'm going to sign off. Big Hugs
    Deb C.

Welcome Shopmamma Don't worry about keeping us all straight...we are usually confused too!