Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

TIME TO CIRCLE THE WAGONS GIRLS

Comments

• newvickie
    newvickie Member Posts: 2,941
    edited January 2007
    Melancholy sisters

Come to me my melancholy baby,
    Cuddle up and don't be blue . . .
    All your fears are foolish fancy, maybe
    You know dear that I love all of you!

Every cloud must have a silver lining
    Wait until the sun shines through
    Smile my all that I hold dear, while I kiss away each tear
    Or else I shall be melancholy too!

Lookin for that silver lining and waiting for the sun to shine through for all of us.
    Hugs
    Vickie
  • newvickie
    edited January 2007

ok ok...so that was corny!!! Couldn't help myself...a wee bit crazy today.

• lv2cmp
    lv2cmp Member Posts: 899
    edited January 2007
    Hello Deb, Madison and Tina and Vickie,

Yep I get "it" but no magic words to handle it or make it go away. I think we need a cruise boat in our wagon circle that doesnt allow our minds to have BC thoughts on it. I might be a permanent guest though. Denial is my best friend and when that doesnt work, I try to stick my head deeper in the sand. Does that solve anything?? Nope but sure helps me mentally at times. Some days there is no forgetting it though. Like for instance last night when I woke up at 3 am and stayed awake till 5. I dont normally have bad nights of sleep and I am somebody that really needs my 8 hours mind you. I guess we just have to come to grips with the fact that this is us now but thats easier said than done. The wonderful group of women here help though because they do understand.

tina-I had the same thing go on when I had an ultrasound and you of all people being a nurse knows they are getting good shots of your gall bladder and liver and it doesnt always cooperate. I know its nerve racking but you will be fine.

Amy
  • socallisa
    socallisa Member Posts: 10,184
    edited January 2007
    Hi all..well I did it..I joined Curves today..boy do I have a horrible body fat index....well something to work on now..

Tina I had that U/S also and I had sludge in my gall bladder..so maybe that is all it is...something there they are checking out. As Amy says maybe your insides weren't cooperating..

Hugs, Lisa
  • DragonladyTina
    DragonladyTina Member Posts: 58
    edited January 2007
    Thanks everyone for easing my mind

It just took sooo long to do a simple abdominal ultrasound, the funny thing is....no gallbladder, no appendix, no uterus, no fallopian tubes, no ovaries,....what the hell else is there to look at that would take so much time, I'm practically empty in there
    OOH I know, I have 3 feet of belly fat I never had last time
    Thanks girls, Tina
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 1,233
    edited January 2007
    POWER TO THE PEOPLE!

We now finally have elec. back! Heat,computer,lights,and all the things elec. runs. (And that's alot) The ice storm knocked us out of power for 11 very long days. The 12th of Jan. I was in the chat room & then totally in the dark. We don't have a generator so we pretty much roughed it. We still don't have water because our pipes our at the well house busted & my dh is working on those right now. We have a kerosene heater that we used for heat. It also worked for heating soup on & hot water for sponge bathing. My dd & her family moved out so my dh took a weeks vacation from work to stay with me to keep the kerosene heater going so our pipes under the house wouldn't burst. He made 3 trips of 120 miles round trip to buy kerosene because there wasn't any around this area. The smell of that stuff is terrible but we ventilated & did stay warm. I'm going to post some pics on the picture thread later on. I've never seen anything like this. It just shut down this whole area. Our school is closed til further notice. We just got our power back a few hours ago & theres still thousands of people without. I was beginning to teeter on the edge of sanity! We had to throw everything out of our refrigerator & my dh cleaned it all out so we have to start over with new groceries. We ate soup,peanut butter sandwiches,vienna sausage,junk food. But we are alive & well. There were 7 carbon monoxide deaths in the area & several house fires so I consider us lucky. (I can say that now because we have power-I wasn't that optimistic while sitting in the dark by candlelight. lol)

There was 874 posts since last I was on here so I just kind of scanned through & really don't know what's going on with everyone. I appreciate all those who missed me & sent me phone #'s. It got pretty lonely out here.

A special thanks to Mena & Susan for calling & checking on me on a regular basis, and for passing on info. I was really isolated out here in the country & they made a huge difference. What good friends they are.

Mena called this morning & isn't feeling real good so prayers go out to her. After all, she's my bantering buddy and I need her to laugh.

I also talked to Susan. She has power but can't get the internet! So she asked that I relay that. She's unable to post again. She's got knee surgery scheduled for the 30th of this month.

I must be really addicted to this Circle. I think I would've been alright with a heater & the computer through this storm! I felt cut off from the world when I couldn't come on here. You all mean so much to me, I hadn't realized it. Gee, it's good to be home.

Would you all please include the people in our area that are still without power in your prayers. I know some of them are elderly, sick and hanging on by a thread. There were 3000 this morning before ours came on so hopefully alot of folks got it back too.

Hey to Sparky,Brenda,Deb,Tracey,Vicki,CherylCy,Shel,Nicki,Amy,Sue,Puppy and all the rest of you that I can't think straight enough to include.

I'm Baaaaaack!
    Cheri
  • DragonladyTina
    edited January 2007
    Good heavens Cheri, how awful for you! I am glad things are getting back to somewhat normal for you now. Ice storms suck, we had one here in Ontario a few years that knocked power out at our house for 5 days but funny thing was the power was on across the street. We stuck it out for 2 days then went to a hotel to stay for the rest of the time. Luckily enough we have 2 fireplaces and what a Godsend they were.

Good to see you!

Tina
  • Sige
    Sige Member Posts: 334
    edited January 2007
    Ladies...we have been asked for prayers and support from Diane's (3strikes) family...she's not expected to make it to the night...see message here.

Hugs to all...this night will be truly sad.
    Peggy
  • Madison
    Madison Member Posts: 859
    edited January 2007
    Cheri, WELCOME BACK.

We are definitely thinking about Susan.

Mena is in my prayers...I wish there was something more we could do.

Lisa, Curves....WOW.....I'm jealous that you have that much will-power...

Tina, thinking good thoughts for you.

Vickie, we need you to borrow (really a long borrow) a cruise boat for our circle. Every wagon circle has to have a river running next to it. You are sooooo good at capturing these items....Oh, we also need some GOOD LOOKING MEN to man this ship.....

Rats, I have to get back to work....

Take care everyone.....

Madison
  • newvickie
    edited January 2007

Oh Peggy...how very very sad about Diane...sending many prayers. Can't go their without crying and I'm at work but my thoughts are with her.

• DragonladyTina
    edited January 2007
    God bless our dear Diane, may He make the transition from this life to the next, a painfree and gentle one. Bless her family.

What a valiant and brave fight our dear warrior Diane has put up, please dear Lord, let her go with dignity and with grace, no pain.

love Tina
  • newvickie
    edited January 2007
    ok Madison...just how am I supposed to borrow a cruise ship and men if you're at work and Cheri is missing...whose gonna watch my back!!!
    Geez. LOL
    One cruise ship and many men comin up!!
  • DragonladyTina
    edited January 2007
    YEEE HAAWWW

I LOVE CRUISE SHIPS AND MEN!!

Tina
  • [Deleted User]
    edited January 2007
    Vickie, I got your back honey!! Go ahead I sure could use a cruise!

Cheri
  • purplemb
    purplemb Member Posts: 593
    edited January 2007
    Cheri....good to have you back...we have been sending warm thoughts and prayers to you...and we will keep all in your area in our thoughts & Prayers...

...crying ...as we all pray for Diane's family...for strength and compassion...peace to all

so where are we cruizin to...?...never been on a plane or a ship...just have a little boat...guess I need to get out more...lol..

Peace and warm thoughts to all
    MB
  • newvickie
    edited January 2007
    WOOHOO CHERI IS BACK "HOME" AGAIN! So missed you honey and it's about time!!
    We are cruising to a deserted island with a ship full of men (locked up of course...until we need them LOL). A deserted island with a mansion, beautiful sunsets, waterfalls, tropical flowers, beautiful birds...just wait girls...I'll bring it all later.
    Back to work for me...
    Hugs
    Vickie
  • newvickie
    edited January 2007
    ok ladies I have the cruise ship hidden and waiting...departing tonight at 8pm...shhhh.

We are arriving at our deserted island in the morning

a path through the woods

will lead us...not to a mansion but...
    A castle...so bring on your princess clothes and I'll find us some knights in shining armor...shhhh..don't tell them we live in wagons!
  • snowmen_n_thongs
    snowmen_n_thongs Member Posts: 367
    edited January 2007
    omg cheri,
    i have been so worried about you....
    wow the power has been off a long time... i am so glad to hear your ok... i missed you so much.
    and i am sending postive thoughts your way so others have there power back on!! i wished it was me and not you cheri,, as i could survive here with my huge wood stove,, you can cook on it as well if need be... but i am so glad your back!!!!
    mena hope your feeling better!!!
    well i am off to have a bath, then i am going to go out for a few cocktails with some very important ppl...
    so i think i will dress up a bit maybe make me feel a little better!!
    hugssssssss again cheri,
    and hugssssss for all the cg's
    tracey
    i think i am in a gushy mood.....lol
  • lv2cmp
    lv2cmp Member Posts: 899
    edited January 2007
    Nice boat Vickie and also it doesnt allow you to have BC thoughts on it once you enter it. Hows that for request?!?

Tracey-have fun out tonight and cocktails sound wonderful.

Cheri123-Wow welcome back girl from the dark ages! Thats a long time with no power. Your husband was a real trooper but of course its a good thing because the 2 of you snowed in together for that long could have been trouble if he wasnt. Glad you are back and we sure missed you around here.

Hope susan get back soon also. Been missing her.

Thoughts go out to Mena. Sending positive vibes her way.

Amy
  • Madison
    Madison Member Posts: 859
    edited January 2007
    Peggy,

I'm sorry, I didn't see your post because we were posting at the same time.

Prayers going out to Diane and her family.....

Madison
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 2,728
    edited January 2007
    Oh my! I just got home and Im so saddened to hear about our dear Diane3strikes. She has put up one heck of a battle. Before I go further, please - all of us from the wagon circle - lets put Diane in the middle. Lets hold hands and stand arm in arm, hand in hand around Diane and her family.

Im Singing

Amazing Grace, How sweet the sound
    That saved a wretch like me

I once was lost, but now Im found
    Was blind, but no I see

Nicki
  • [Deleted User]
    edited January 2007
    Prayers going out for Diane & her family. This is so sad.

Cheri
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 2,728
    edited January 2007
    Good Evening Everyone: I would have sung the whole song, but my husband didnt know all the words.

Joyce: Im praying that right now your port is out and everything went well.

Jan: I hate exercise bikes too. I dont have the patience or the endurance. Its just too boring for me. Too get motivated I need excitement. Walking on the treadmill is tedious too, but not if your listening to some great music. Im laughing about not at the rules of conduct. I learned along time ago to use "arse" "fugde" and "sheet" it seems to work and I can still get my point across.

Vickie: Oh yes Vacation and Cruise - 2 favorite words. I have never been on a cruise. I would love it, my husband would hate it, so I sure would enjoy going on a cruise with all of you. Good song too - made me smile. Ahahahaha meloncholy baby. And your pics were great. Do we have gambling on the ship? I so like black jack and slot machines.

MB: This is how I see things. We are all one big puzzle and when someone is gone, the puzzle isnt complete. So when you are away on the week-ends our puzzle is missing a piece. And we have lots of room for new people. But sometimes someone tries to stick a piece of the puzzle in the wrong place (like my husband) but then sure enough one of us finds it a puts it all back together again. I counted my steps today - forget me telling you a number. But I did it!!!! I got a pedometer!

Amy: ahahaha life is so relative. When we bought our house, and it was our first house! we wouldnt settle for less than 2 bathrooms! Have the ducks and chickens arrived yet? When I was driving about today, I drove by a Forest Preserve and saw a woman walking her horse. So beautiful. Black with a white star above its nose. I so wanted to ride it.

DebC: Congratulations on the computer class. Is gonna be fun learning all that new stuff. I have the same dips here. Some days Im so down and I dont know why. I should be happy. I have become one unpredictable mess.

Tina: My dear friend, I had an US of the abdomen. The tech did the exact same thing. Im thinking hey, what the heck is going on. Bold that I am, I said "what are you seeing" and of course her answer was "just trying to get a good picture." I tried turning my neck to look at the screen but hey, even if I saw it I wouldnt know what I was reading. Anyways, ended up that I have 2 cysts on my pancreas and a cyst on my kidney. They are benign and nothing to worry about. And I know you still have your pancreas and kidney. But I also know, now your gonna be a little freaked out until you get the results. But hey, if it was really bad, she would have called the radiologist in to take a look - right? Thats what they did when then found my breast tumor. I knew it was serious cause they called the radiologist. Anyways - big hugs to you.

Madison: Hey, Im crying in my beer too. Want to share a pitcher?

Lisa: Im so excited for you. You did it. You went to curves. Think of where you will be in 3 months!!

Mena: We love yo so much. Hate it when you stay away.

Susan: Another piece of our puzzle is missing. Hope your ok and get internet access soon. Oh - and did you get the new gym shoes for your surgery?

Cheri: OMG! I cant tell you how my eyes lit up when I saw your post. We were so worried about you. I would just go outta my mind if I couldnt talk to all of you daily. This is beyond sad - for people to be without power still. But Im glad your ok and welcome back.

Liz: Last night I met a stranger, she was at a gathering, and she was from Oklahoma! Still has no power. I tried explaining how I knew people from the same area, but its really hard to explain bc.org to a complete stranger. Anyways where are you, how are you?
    OK - thats it. Time for dinner. We have cutlets beef, chicken, and egg plant (for our vegens) with low calorie brown gravy , twice baked potatoes, and homemade coleslaw with apples and raisons. Dessert - cheescake, have to do something to get Mena back here. Have a great evening and Ill see ya in the morning.

Peggy: Just want to say thanks for being such a good friend.
    Nicki
  • Naniam
    Naniam Member Posts: 586
    edited January 2007
    Nicki, sang Amazing Grace with you.

Cheri - I know what it is to be without power that long - you think you are going to go nuts!!!! Soooo glad you are back as you were missed. I wondered what happened to Susan - she was here and then she was gone.

Deb - count me in if we decided to some way check on eachother if one is gone for awhile.

Lisa, congrats on starting Curves.

Need to go put a few groceries away and start something for dinner. If I don't get back later - just count me in the "to tired/aggrevated to post" section.

Vicki and the rest of you that wants guys on our cruise - can we please just leave them behind? Even if they aren't our husbands - I'm not ready to be around one more male for a bit.

Brenda
  • newvickie
    edited January 2007
    TRENTON UPDATE
    http://www.local6.com/news/10826855/detail.html
    It is believed that he is possibly in Asia!! I just know he is safe and sound with someone who loves him.
    Oh my!!!
  • sherloc
    sherloc Member Posts: 893
    edited January 2007
    Hidey Ho friends. Took the day off from painting. Went shopping, ran errands. Now I'm veggin with a headache. Getting anxious about abd u/s results. Geez why do doctors always go on vacation at the most inopportune times?
    Head is pounding so I'm just gonna respond to this page.

Deb, I think melancholy is par for the course in Jan. Hang in there hon. It's almost over. SPRING is coming.

Tina, we can stress together. My pain is on the right side below the rib cage. I'm really hoping for gallbladder. Geez never thought I'd see the day when I looked forward to having something wrong.

Vicki, you are so poetic. You make me smile.

Amy I'm sorry you had a bad night. I'll pray you sleep long and soundly tonight.

Socal, GOOD FOR YOU!!!! Your gonna love Curves. Don't stress about the body fat thing. The machine they use is inaccurate when you have osteo. It tells them I have 32% body fat. How ridiculous is that. When I had my last dexa they also did a body fat measurement...whatever that is called. it is 18%, right where it's supposed to be. Here's to you getting the wigglies under control. I always feel so much better about myself when the parts aren't wiggling.

YEHAW CHERI.....SO GLAD YOU ARE BACK. I'll continue praying for those still without power.

Praying for Diane and her family. O man I hate this disease.

Madison, a great plan. Thanks for thinking of it.

o la la, another cruise is just what I need. Thanks vicki.

Nicki, singing with you. Heres the rest of the words.

’Twas grace that taught my heart to fear,
    And grace my fears relieved;
    How precious did that grace appear
    The hour I first believed!

Through many dangers, toils and snares,
    I have already come;
    ’Tis grace hath brought me safe thus far,
    And grace will lead me home.

The Lord has promised good to me,
    His Word my hope secures;
    He will my Shield and Portion be,
    As long as life endures.

Yea, when this flesh and heart shall fail,
    And mortal life shall cease,
    I shall possess, within the veil,
    A life of joy and peace.

The earth shall soon dissolve like snow,
    The sun forbear to shine;
    But God, Who called me here below,
    Will be forever mine.

When we’ve been there ten thousand years,
    Bright shining as the sun,
    We’ve no less days to sing God’s praise
    Than when we’d first begun.

MB, I don't care where we go as long as it's warm.

Brenda, vicki says the guys will be locked up till needed. Will that do?

Love you all to bits. Gonna go take a nap.
  • lizws
    lizws Member Posts: 789
    edited January 2007
    Hi everyone,

Nicki, I'm here lurking. I don't have much to contribute lately. Feeling a bit lost.

Cheri! I'm so glad to see you. Be sure to apply with FEMA for food stamps for lost food. They don't advertise it many times but check into it. Lots here did in 2001.

Tina, I hate waiting. Hope you hear something soon.

Sher, sorry about the head hon. You need a visit with Mrs. Hippyfingers. That's her name right?

Lisa, good for you. I have to start working out again tomorrow.

Vickie, how wonderful that will be that Trenton is alive. I pray he is.

To everyone else, I'm always thinking of you guys.

Hugs and Prayers
    Liz
  • newvickie
    edited January 2007
    http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/s...earchLang=en_US

TRENTONS MISSING CHILD POSTER...PLEASE LOOK LADIES...YOU NEVER KNOW!!!
    THANK YOU!!!
  • newvickie
    edited January 2007
    Oh...I just know Trenton is alive and well.
    NS...where are you dear...furball furballs furballs.
    Brenda...we will keep the guys far away from you...we are in a castle and we'll keep them in the dungeon till needed!!
    I posted Amazing Grace from the circle girls and all others on Dianes page...hope that's ok with all...just so fitting.
    Gotta go swipe some gambling machines!
    Love ya ladies
    Vickie
  • newvickie
    edited January 2007
    Here you go ladies...no strip poker allowed LOL