Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

TIME TO CIRCLE THE WAGONS GIRLS

Comments

• Biker54
    Biker54 Member Posts: 1,042
    edited January 2007
    Good Morning All!

Vickie - I am not a fan of cruising, but count my butt in!! This sounds like way more fun than I ever had before. I love to skinny dip, but please promise to keep the guys under lock and key until I can get dressed again!

DebC - I get depressed a lot too. It just sucks! I feel sorry for my poor DH who takes the brunt of it. I always have to tell him that it has nothing to do with him, it's just poor old me . I'm right with you skinny dipping, girl!! We have a pool and it is one of my favorite activities. It is SO freeing!! .

SoCal - Good luck at Curves. I know a lot of women who have done very well there. It's not so hard that you get discouraged.

Cheri - Power is a good thing!! We take so much for granted! Your pics were amazing. We have had ice storms here, but nothing like that. Wow!!

Peggy - I didn't know Diane, but she is in my prayers. How sad when one of us passes. We are trying to move beyond, but sad outcomes are always in the back of my mind.

Tina - I had an U/S years ago for my gall bladder. They really do poke and prod. The tech told me that it is hard to get a clear picture of the gall bladder because of its position. Don't worry!

NS - TMs up? Don't get too concerned yet. My onc doesn't measure them because you can get false positives. He measures inflamation and if that is up, he looks closer. Sometimes he scares me, because he never orders scans or anything for me. I have to get my annual big bloodwork done next week and then I am seeing my onc. Feb. 9. He only does the finger pricks on me every 4 months. Furballs, furballs, and more furballs for you!

Judy - Welcome to the circle. Please don't try to catch up. It's impossible!! . Pull up a seat by the fire and just enjoy the friendship!

Joyce - I'm happy your port is out! That is great news. I was lucky enough not to have gotten one. They just used my garden hose veins in the back of my hand.

Nicki - I'm with you. Celebrate my life!! My parents' funerals were like that and it was great. I was raised a Quaker (not really practicing anymore) and the services were beautiful. People stood up and recalled stories about their lives. We laughed and cried together. I told DH that he doesn't even have to bury me. I want to be cremated and he can scatter ashes around our property or just keep me in the closet or under the bed LOL.

Not much going on here today. As usual, I have to go down to the dungeon and hop on the elliptical! Ugh!! I'm off on Wed. so this is my errands and laundry day. Sounds exciting, huh?

I hope everyone has a great day and to those of us in the cold zones, keep warm!
  • Biker54
    edited January 2007

Vicki - I'll bring the mimosas!! We can lay on the beach and enjoy them, watching the sun come up! And what a beautiful sunrise it is.

• purplemb
    purplemb Member Posts: 593
    edited January 2007
    Good morning all...

Nicki...love the puzzle analogy...my DH hides a piece on me everytime...by the way you always help everyone here even if its just to make us laugh...hugs you are one of the edge pieces of this puzzle...we can't do it with out you...hugs

Jan...I printed out the star chart susan made. and put it on my wall...try it for the dungeon...may make exercise more fun with all your friends...lol...

Liz...big warm hugs, a flash light and map to find your way back....can't have anyone missing...

Judy welcome ...great time to join..the cruise will be fun...

Susan...I printed the stars out so I have everyone with me...at work I have a big plotter...36" wide..so now for the poster...thank you for letting me have friends with me...

Karen...hope life is getting back to normal, just remember we don't want the snow here...keep over there...lol...

Cheri..whooo hooo...a real shower....glad DH can fix things...

NS...sorry you too are feeling lost...I will send a map to you..and a compass so that you may always be able to find us....don't sweat the pedometer...will get one today for you and mail it right out...hugs...and walk on the beach...aren't you in NY?....brrrrr...but I do love to make sand castles...

Deb...we can have a compare your scar party on the cruise...maybe we can get someone to do a little art work on some of them...

CY...hugs I know waiting is so hard...but we are here for you...

Sige...I'm sure diane knows how much she is loved and doesn't want anyone to be sad...please stay on the cruise...midnight prayers for all that need it under the stars...

Thankyou Vickie the new cruise director...hmmm...glad those scary guys are gone, but they must like us cuz they keep showing up...lol...prayers for trenton as always...

to all I missed know you are not forgotten....
    be back soon, must work
    MB
  • Biker54
    edited January 2007

I just posted a message for Diane's family and I can't stop crying. This is SO unfair!! I hate this disease.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 2,728
    edited January 2007
    Quickly sneaking in at work. Heard a song on the way to work this morning. Here are some of the words.

You are my strength when I cannot reach

You are my eyes when I cannot see

You are my voice when I cannot speak

You help me find the best in me.

Love

Nicki
  • Roxwooood
    Roxwooood Member Posts: 14
    edited January 2007
    Usually, I'll come by to read in the evenings. This morning, I came by to check for replies to my question about vaginal bleeding. I have to say, I thought I "got it" about this thread before, but after reading the first thing this morning, I really "get it". What a wonderful way to wake up, give and receive support, beautiful pics, prayers etc. Just really a blessing. Madison, I loved your post, it was very touching. God bless you all, thank you for lifting my spirits before I start my day....I get it, I get it!!!
  • sherloc
    sherloc Member Posts: 893
    edited January 2007
    Good Morning ladies. Well shoot howdy the headache yesterday was the precursor to a cold. Crap. I hate colds. Lemon tea, ibuprofen, and my pillow are on the agenda today.

Liz, your not lost. Your right here. Hugs my friend. Mrs Hippy Magicfingers is her name. Have an appt next week. Wanna come with me. She is indeed a miracle worker.

Vicki, those boys are just wrong.

Karen, I refuse to get bi-focals. I do the glasses on glasses off routine.

Cherylcy, I am waiting for u/s results. I could call his office but no one there to tell me the next step if I do so I'll wait till he gets back. If it's my gallbladder more surgery. Yehaw another scar!!! If it's not my gallbladder a colonoscopy. Ewwwwww!!!

Rachel, don't have any advice for you except call your doc and let him/her know.

Boo did I say welcome already??? Welcome. I had a good friend in high school named Boo.

NS, your welcome. Loved the movie. FURBALLS!!!

Welcome Judy. Nice to meet you.

Nicki, I would win the dirtiest car in california contest. Do we get a prize?
    Ginger Snaps and long hair....hmmmmmm
    A beautiful song.

Shel, your in my thoughts and prayers today.

Hi lini and margaret and madison

Glad your port removal went smoothly Joyce.

Welcome Lisa

Jan errands and laundry sound like a grand day.

MB, what a grand idea, printing out the star chart.

Roxwood, pretty cool isn't it. Good to see you here bright and early.

Ok thats it for me. Off to my pillow. Ibuprofen not working. I feel like crap. See you all later.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 1,233
    edited January 2007
    Good morning Circle girls! What a wonderful thing to wake up in clean bedding & not have to crawl out from under 5 comforters. It's a great day!! My dh is back out in the cold working on the 2 new leaking pipes but hopefully it'll get fixed. I'm so lucky to have him. He spoils me...most of the time. lol

Welcome to Judy & Lisa. You'll love it here. All the girls are so nice & caring. You can come here with any problem & vent & you get support. Don't be afraid to post just jump right in. It takes awhile to get to know everyone & their situations but its also alot of fun.

Nicki, I believe in things happening in 3's also. I have a thought on the sweating. Sometimes for my ankle I have to take Hydrocodone & when I do it causes me to break out in hot flashes and then my night sweats are increased a whole bunch! Alot of times pain meds will do that & you said you were taking quite a bit of Darvocet. So that could be the culprit of some of your problems, the side effects. Just a thought from experience.

Shel, I am so sorry about your dog. I'm a dog-person (so to speak lol) We now have 2 small house dogs & a Great Pyrenese mix outside. Just last spring we lost our black lab that we'd had since she was a puppy, she was almost 11 yrs. old. We loved her like family. She could do hand signals and we really messed with her. She started having seizures & the vet said the treatments would be as bad as the seizures themselves. She didn't seem in pain just disoriented & acted scary. She finally passed away & I cried for days like a baby!! Our pets become family members & I know you're having a hard time. My heart goes out to you.

Jan, the ice storm pics were sumpthin' weren't they? I have a bunch of them so it was hard to decide which to post. I didn't want to over do it so I just picked out 2. But they were pretty typical. Our road had been cleared off when that pic was taken but the one from the paper with the elec. pole busted & in the road was what it was like everywhere. Pretty amazing!

Peggy, so sorry about Diane. I didn't know her personally but it's always sad when we lose one of us.

Sparky, you're not lost. You're just temporarily misplaced! You should never feel lost cos you're the backbone of this Circle and we'll put you right in the middle of it til ya feel better. Now, pull your sassy self together & come on out & play!!

Vickie, we sure made a cleanin' last night playing poker with those hunky guys. Good looking & dumb...thats the kind we need to cruise with. Ones that know their place. You posted beautiful pics & I could really use a vacation! By the way, I took a head count (ahem) of the guys on board & we're missing 3 of them. I think Mena's on board hiding away with them. If that's the case she may not surface for days! The greedy wench!

I know I've missed a few but not on purpose. I'm just so tickled to be home that I can't think straight. I sure loved the warm welcome back. I haven't talked to Susan today but I'm assuming her internet service is still out. She is truly a nice person.

Wishing everyone a great day,
    Cheri
  • socallisa
    socallisa Member Posts: 10,184
    edited January 2007
    Wow Vicki what a beautiful picture. It really is inspiring!!! Makes you want to stretch and enjoy the world. Thanks
    Lids
  • AlaskaDeb
    AlaskaDeb Member Posts: 1,159
    edited January 2007
    OK...I got my inner tube blown up, I got my sunscreen on and I’m ready for a long float in the ocean! I love the feeling of being weightless in the salt water and bobbing on the waves out past where the surf is breaking. In a while I am going to go see if Mrs. Hippy Magicfingers came along on this cruise and have her work the kinks out of my neck.

I love all you ladies and I’m working on getting’ happy…

Hugs
    Deb C
  • newvickie
    newvickie Member Posts: 2,941
    edited January 2007
    Oh my ladies...look what I found on the beach. I do believe we have had pirates here in the past. Me thinks maybe buried treasure somewhere close by....hmmm...think I will give a call to Captain Jack!!!

• newvickie
    edited January 2007
    Ummm...found Captain Jack and we decided to finish up a sand castle for all to enjoy
  • newvickie
    edited January 2007

Ok...so we have one man on the island...we'll lock him up when we are skinny dipping (or maybe not LOL).
  • Sige
    Sige Member Posts: 334
    edited January 2007
    All right...I'm sitting on the beach wiggling my toes in the sand and having a watermelon margarita...lol...THIS ONE'S FOR YOU DIANE!!!

Hugs
    Peggy
  • AlaskaDeb
    edited January 2007
    Toasting with you Peggy...

I'm headed for those slot machines I saw earlier. I'm due for a change of luck

Deb C
  • AlaskaDeb
    edited January 2007
    I know someone was having trouble paying for perscription meds...my brain is fried and I can't remember who! Anyway, a friend got help from a group called PPA

1-800-4ppa-now

She got 2 of her Rx from the drug companies free for 4 months. It's worth a call. If anyone can remember who needed this could you PM them the phone number in case they are not reading all the posts?

Thanks
    Deb
  • AlaskaDeb
    edited January 2007
    The Penny

Remember this every time you pass that little penny in the parking lot.
    I always thought that it was for Good Luck, but I love this version better:

I found a penny today
    Just laying on the ground.
    But it's not just a penny,
    this little coin I've found.

Found pennies come from heaven,
    That's what my Grandpa told me.
    He said Angels toss them down.
    Oh, how I loved that story.

He said when an Angel misses you,
    They toss a penny down.
    Sometimes just to cheer you up,
    To make a smile out of your frown.

So, don't pass by that penny,
    When you're feeling blue.
    It may be a penny from heaven,
    that an Angel's tossed to you.

An Angel is now watching over you.
  • purplemb
    purplemb Member Posts: 593
    edited January 2007
    Deb love the penny story...thanks for sharing

Sige glad you decided to stay with us....i was hoping you had a pitcher of watermelon margaritas to share?

Vicki...pirates...hmmm..looking for those big strong guys you had earlier to protect us...lol...

MB
  • lv2cmp
    lv2cmp Member Posts: 899
    edited January 2007
    Good afternoon all,

Nicki-wonderful song by Celine Dion-name of song, Because you loved me. Thanks for reminding me of it. Now I will have that song playing in my head all day but thats ok. gingersnaps in your dream??? I wonder if Mazer had anything to do with that. Are you sure distorted humor and Mazer wasnt in your bedroom sneaking some snacks and you smelled them in your sleep? I wouldnt put it past them. They seem to always be into something.

Vickie-nice pics and I am in line to compare scars. Lets all take into consideration that I had skin sparring bi lateral because at the time I was planning on getting boobs but lost that thought along the way so now I just have the extra skin. Oh well, I know you all wont laugh and I am leaving my prosthesis at home but then again I usually do. Hmmm, come to think of it,,where are those things? I know they are on a high shelf because the last thing I need is to walk in home and see a rat terrier running through the house with my boobs. Mind you, sometimes I think I could hang them from the ceiling and peanut annie could find a way to get to them. Its a good thing shes so darn cute.

Peggy-I know what you mean about Denise,,I had her on my mind all night last night and regardless what I did her thoughts kept coming back to me.

Biker54-I agree with you on the cremation line. I used to think how could anybody do that but then after serious thought, it was a great idea. Just spread my ashes around the farm because that is where I love to be but you can take some to Maine and spread on my SO's land there because there is nothing as relaxing as a Maine vacation.

Morbid thought but I wear glasses and I hate to go to a funeral where casket is open and eyes closed and glasses on. If you are to appear sleeping then why wear glasses unless of course you put a TV going up above me and I have fallen asleep watching it. I dunno,,I just dont get it. I always said growing up not to bury me in a dress because dresses just arent comfortable and I wanna look comfy. Crazy thoughts but I can remember as a child asking my parents why they had their glasses on and mother saying well its like she/he is sleeping and I would say but you dont sleep with glasses on?!? I am sure by this time mother was ready to just shut me up and get me out of there but whats a kid that doesnt ask questions?

Madison-enjoyed your post this morning. Very touching.

Roxwoodagain-yep you got it! and its great isnt it?

shel38-thinking of you today as you do what needs to be done yet so hard to do. Its amazing how attached we get to our pets. come to think of it, I have never had an ex dog yet I have an ex husband so that should explain alot. On a lighter note, when you head back to the keys, dont forget I have the 4 most precious pups if you are wanting to fill that void in your life,,hint hint hint. Just kidding, they have all weaseled their way into my heart.

oh vickie-if I was with captain jack as in captain morgan my castle would never look like that if I was making it.

NS-please keep us updated on the furballs. My thoughts are with you and its your time for the center of the circle so dont be bashful and step inside. Dont make us push you but we will.

Deb-dont mind me following you with that big bucket. I am just here to help you when you cash out on the slots.

Karen-hoping you figure out those bi focals quick. I really contimplate having the surgery on my eyes to say no more glasses but then I think what if something happens. I can just imagine them standing around me saying,,man never saw that before.

Cheri-wow clean sheets and a clean body. No power can sure make you appreciate the little things in life,,cant it? I am sure happy you all made it as well as you did even though at the time it wasnt too good. At least you had a source of heat.

Susan-thinking of you and hoping you get the internet back soon.

ok I know I have missed so many in between phonecalls at work and people walking in I am lucky to remember what I do.

Love to you all.

Amy

deb it was sherndon that needed the info and I will pm her and tell her its from you.
  • beth1225
    beth1225 Member Posts: 402
    edited January 2007
    Everyone remember to put on lotion and wear a hat....
    Listen to the lifeguard (is he yummy or what?)
    Don't forget to tip the towel boy...
    Who left this on the beach?

Deb, bring all those pennies on the trip so everyone has plenty of Angels watching over...just in case. What a beautiful poem!
  • neesie
    neesie Member Posts: 1,110
    edited January 2007
    Loved the Movie!
    Denise
  • neesie
    edited February 2008
    I almost missed the ship! See what happens when you miss a night on line............You all pack up and take off! I'm here now and loving it! I almost spit my water out when I was picturing all of us skinny dipping! Bottoms up ladies........(the glasses not the asses), were here to have a good time! I've got my gear and plan on snorkeling at the next port!
    Denise
  • neesie
    edited February 2008
    Deb,
    I love the Penny poem! I like the Angels from Heaven much better than just "good luck." Good luck doesn't always follow me, but I know Angels do!
    Denise
  • neesie
    edited February 2008
    Okay, There is more than one Denise on this site!!!! Got to figure something out so we know who is who!!
    Denise
  • Biker54
    edited January 2007
    Deb - Love the angels poem. I had heard that a long time ago and it was nice to see it again along with your little angels. Can I help you at the slot machine??? I'll fill the bucket lol.

Peggy - Save one of those watermelon margaritas for me!! Maybe 2 or 3 . I'm with you girl, here's to Diane, the brave warrior!

Amy - I find wakes so morbid that I have made my family promise not to do that to me! I will come back and haunt them if they do . I never got the glasses thing either. I try not to sleep in my glasses .

Karen - I have bifocals, but they are the progressives. Do yours have the line? It took me about a week to get used to mine, but now I can't be without them. My DH had Lasik surgery about 6 yrs. ago, and his vision is perfect now. The only drawback for him has been dry eyes, and that is a fairly common SE. I can't make myself do it, since I watched his. They put devices in your eyes to keep them wide open! Gives me the Heebie Jeebies.

Beth - Uh oh!! That looks like my bathing suit and glasses on the beach ! Leave 'em there, I'll be back for them!
  • snowmen_n_thongs
    snowmen_n_thongs Member Posts: 367
    edited January 2007
    afternoon ladies!!
    ugh i am just getting ready for work.. working the 3 to 11 shift again,,, then back to work at 7 am tomorrow...
    i really hate the night shift as it really messes me up.. i sleep or want to sleep all day... same with my days off!
    i guess the only good thing about working nights is i can take my homework and get the reading done!
    i am now on chapter 3 of my buisness class and its not as hard as i am thinking... just a matter of putting my brain in motion... and i am not very good at wording stuff!
    i think i will leave a bit early so i can run to subway for a philly steak and cheesey sub... mmmmmm maybe i will get the healthy choice...lol
    i havent really read all the post but i will at work tonight... another plus is i can play here!!!
    well i must jump in the shower and get ready so see ya ladies tonight! might even check out the conference tonight!
    hugsssssss
    tracey
  • Biker54
    edited January 2007

Thongs, can you really get Philly steaks in British Columbia?? If so, I'm totally impressed! I live near Philly and there ain't nothin' on this earth like a genuine Philly cheese steak (with Cheez Whiz, of course). Oh.. I can feel my arteries closing up just thinking abut it!

• Sige
    Sige Member Posts: 334
    edited January 2007
    Ladies...plenty to go around...

P
  • beth1225
    beth1225 Member Posts: 402
    edited January 2007
    OHHH, Jan, cheez whiz? Meet at Pat's or Gino's? That is the question all of Philadelphians face. We should ship a real one up to Tracey so she knows a real one when she sees it.
    This is what we mean! Taken right out of Pat's King of Steaks kitchen.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 1,233
    edited January 2007
    OMG, as if we haven't had enough. My dd just called from the Dr. office here in town and he thinks she has appendicitis & she had to rush to Springfield to a surgeon he got her into cos he thinks they've burst. She has 3 boys that are here with me. She's my baby & she's scared & all alone & never gone through anything like this. I can't walk so I couldn't go with her. If they do surgery her husband is coming back from work to be there & I have some sisters that'll go be with her. I feel so helpless. she's my only child & spoiled & I've babied her to death. Now she's really sick prolly facing surgery & I can't do anything to fix it this time. They just moved out this past week-end & she's kinda between houses. She'll be 24yrs old Mon.
    Just had to vent. Sorry.

Cheri