Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

TIME TO CIRCLE THE WAGONS GIRLS

Comments

• newvickie
    newvickie Member Posts: 2,941
    edited January 2007
    Laura...come join our cruise...we are on a deserted island soaking up the sun. I actually posted that you were on board way back when we left and your hubby was pouting on shore LOL! As my daughters therapist asked her "When you step in dog sh*t, do you carry it around or do you wipe it off?"...wipe him off honey...he isn't worth your tears and that sweet girl of yours deserves a happy mommy.
    Love
    Vickie
  • beth1225
    beth1225 Member Posts: 402
    edited January 2007

Laura, all we see is that beautiful picture of you and Caitie in your avatar. Keep that in your mind and it will help you get through. Anytime, you know we are all here for you.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 1,233
    edited January 2007
    Good morning, girls. Hope you all slept well. The ice is all gone, but it left devastation. Still some folks without power & I'm praying they get it back today.

Ginney, sounds like you're feeling good. You always have a such a good attitude. I admire that.

Cy, hope your appt. goes well today. Your post should make all new girls feel very welcome.

Nicki, hoping your headache stays away. I look forward to sharing a cup of coffee with you every morning. I especially love it when you rustle us up some grub!

Madison, cute story about your cat. (TeeHee, NS)

Brenda, I hope your dh starts feeling better so you can both get some rest.

Vickie, alright already! I'm up. I was sure having sweet dreams til you tipped over my hammock. I have a feeling Mena will be lurking around somewhere close today. She's not going to want me to have any fun without her! I just hope you all have plenty of those little drinks with umbrellas cos she sure likes to slug 'em back. Oops, have I said too much about her...uh..problem?

Susan, so glad your internet is back! I posted a couple of pics on the pic thread showing a little of what a mess we had. I had so many it was hard to choose. So I took one from the local paper & then one of our road.

Tina, good luck with your tests.

Colleen, glad you're back. Don't be such a stranger. I was just gone 11 days & I'm still not caught up.

Laura, you're sounding a little stronger. Starting to see sides of Ray you've never seen before is a good start. You know they've been there all along you just refuse to see.

Thanks so much to all of you who've asked about my dd. She's sick but it could've been so much worse. The dr. told her she had an inflamed kidney & swollen bladder? Her stomach is usually flat & its still pooched out & tender. They gave her anti-biotics. I sure was scared for her. Thanks again for all the support. I love this place!

Things are getting back to 'normal' around here. The pipes my dh fixed have stayed fixed, power has stayed on, our fridge is beginning to fill back up slowly,my dh left this morning to go back on the road and my beloved grandsons go back to school tomorrow after being off 2 weeks! Life is pretty darned good.

Sparky, wishing you good luck at the new dr. today. Please let us know how things went. Now I know you're kinda backward & shy about speaking your mind but if you have a question don't be afraid to ask. You really need to come out of your shell. lol

Wishing all a good day,
    Cheri
  • christineK
    christineK Member Posts: 735
    edited January 2007
    Hey CGs- I am hoping everyone is warm, safe and comfy where they are today. I am feeling sad due to the loss of our 3 strikes. I hope she is at peace and know she is pain-free.
    Cheryl and NS- I am with you at the docs today.
    NS- I watch Idol then Top Chef, I really liked Elia (her haircut looked cute, I am thinking of getting one, like when I had regrowth) She was consistently on top, I HATE Marcel, pompous ass. Anyhow, I am praying for only furballs for you.
    Shel- where ya been girl? I have no room to talk. I have been MIA for awhile. I hope you and Mac are doing good and I think the Keys sounds like a great new start for you.
    Susan... I got your call when I was in an anesthesia fog, but when I looked at the number on the phone I said, "Is that Springfield?" I knew it was you. Thank you so much! Later that night I played the message on the speaker and my brother said, Is that one of your on-line sisters? I gave him a big smile and fell back to sleep. So, I knew you were there. Your thoughts and prayers helped. So far, by the docs view, no cancer. They did take the right side of the thryoid and it has gone to pathology, but he thinks it looks good and since I still have the left side, will most likely not need the Synthoyid (sp?)
    Vickie, just keep in mind, there is hope. That one boy in MO was gone for 4 yrs and now the discovery of him and the other little boy may lead to answers to others missing in the area for years. Those families still need closure. There is so much hope for Trenton.
    Nicki- missing your kind words every day, I am glad to be back on line.
    Peggy- Glad to see you are keeping up with your promise to stay in touch, I have not been so good, but will now.Hope all is well and your "empty nest is full of love"
    Off to work CGs. Hugs to all
  • SheriH
    SheriH Member Posts: 472
    edited January 2007
    Thanks, DebC and Amy for the numbers for prescriptions. I am going to call them when I get home today.

I've had a hard time keeping up with all your posts. So sorry about Diane. NS, hope your appt goes well!

Nicki, you get IV anathesia? My surgeon is doing my port removal in his office. He said it was a piece of cake. I asked him if I got valium or anything. He said he could call it in for me if I want it. I'm thinking about it, but then, that's one more prescription.

Wish I had time for more, but my students just returned from PE, gotta go.
  • Boo46
    Boo46 Member Posts: 261
    edited January 2007
    Hi all,

Odalys - I'm in Tampa. Darn it's cold here today. 40's this am.
    Karen - Good luck with your check up. I go for my first post treatment check up with my med. onc. next week. I know what you mean about being nervous- I'm a wreck.
    NS - Doing things to make my cats nuts is one of my favorite pasttimes. Good luck with your Dr. visit.
    Ginny - Glad your feeling good . thanks for the welcome.
    Niki - I grew up in Chicago. Well actually in the west subs. I miss Fanny May! OH and DA BEARS!!!!!
    Vickie - I'm a couple hours drive from Mt. Dora in Tampa. Mt Dora is beautiful.
    Tina - Good luck with your tests
    Laura - I went through a divorce with a cheat years ago. Thank goodness I had no children at the time. I'm so sorry for what you're going thru. Wishing you strength.
    Hi to everyone else.

Packed my DH off for the next 4 days. He will be training boy scout leaders. I've been a scout widow for a few years now but really can't complain. There are so many worse hobbies he could have. So I may be around more looking for company this weekend. I love cruises.

Sue
  • beth1225
    edited January 2007

Sue, join a fellow scout widow. I lived through 5 years of it and 3 of them we weren't even married yet! But he trained a lot of scout leaders in his day and dh was so proud of his guys when they made Eagle scout. His oldest is a testimony to scouting. Last year he had both knees done and all of his scouts, both current and former, were checking in on "Mr. P". He is taking a sabbatical since he couln't do much after his surgery to keep up with them. Your dh is doing something wonderful. But it gets awful lonely during those training days and camping weekends. Stick around and there will lots of fun right here!

• jasmine
    jasmine Member Posts: 773
    edited July 2008
    You know...some women are happy to have the hubbies going off playing golf or scouting, etc, and getting out of their hair. I guess its a matter of perspective.
  • Biker54
    Biker54 Member Posts: 1,042
    edited January 2007
    I'm at work now, so not much time to catch up. Just wanted to say hi to all the CGs. We are supposed to be getting some snow tonight. I hope it's not too much. I like it a whole lot more on the weekends . I'll try to post again later when I have more time to catch up on what's going on with everyone.
    Bye for now!
  • lisaelder1972
    lisaelder1972 Member Posts: 69
    edited January 2007
    I made a new avatar,I hope I did it right.I wanna post my recon pics but I am sooo not computer savvy.

Lisa
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 2,728
    edited January 2007
    Good Evening Everyone: Well it might be cold, but is sure was sunny here in Chicago. I wore sun glasses all day long. At one point today, I was looking and looking for my car. Couldnt find it in the parking lot. Well - it was a parking garage. Finially made the alarm go off -which echoed in the parking garage. The car was right in front of me. Im such an idiot. I didnt recognize the darn thing cause it looks so clean. Thats my story and saga for the day.

Madison: Oh the story about the cat in the box is so funny. Sure made me laugh out loud. This is my quote for today. "It doesnt matter who is right or wrong, its who looks best in the end." That is so appropriate for hot heads.

Margaret: Ive never had migraines before. And I hope this is a passing thing. So far, so good - no headache today.

Brenda: Now, Im really worried about your husband. He should not be in this much pain for so long. Do all of us circle girls need to come there? We can make him do anything you want us to do.

Puppy: You are always so sweet. thanks for letting us know about Diane. It does sadden me, always does when we lose one of us. Sometimes people just forget the magnitude of all the women and men getting bc. After lung cancer, it is the number 2 cause of death. So its serious stuff. God bless Diane and her family.

Margaret: Im sucking on a watermelon jolly rancher right now. I saved it for this moment. My heart is aching.

Vickie: OMG thats so funny. So I have a new nephew and his name is Nathaniel. Isnt it crazy, the minds of the little ones. Ive gotta feeling they might just find Trenton.

Susan: I was so glad to see you. You have been truly missed around here. Im glad you got the tennis shoes. I usually see people in the hospital the day after their surgery. It always amazes me how good they look. Just take your pain medication and make sure you take it 1/2 hour before therapy. And dont you worry, Ill be in the operating and recovery room, so youll have this crazy Italian nurse watching over those doctors and nurses.

OK! I have 10 minutes. Husband just informed me dinner will be done then. So Im gonna go quick.

Tracey - I hate working back and forth 2 shifts. No wonder your tired.

Tina: OMG, I didnt know you are an ortho nurse. So look at how we are gonna be able to help Susan through this. All the testing stinks, but I just have that feeling, the instinct that all is gonna be ok.

Colleen!!!! OMG where have you been. You better not stay away this long again.

LauraB: He is a jerk! He is so self centered I just want to vomit. And you better keep coming here. We are your friends.

Cheri - glad everything is getting back to normal. Grub in the morning? You got it.

Christine - Im so glad the surgery is over and your doing well. Good news about not having to take synthroid

Sheri - Im having my port out in day surgery. Under IV anesthesia. And with all the pre op tests. This is so incredible to me how different doctors do things different ways. I wanted it out in his office and he said no way.

Boo/Sue - Even though it looks like I live on the confused couch, I really live in the Western Suburbs and how about dem Bears.

Jasmine - I love to get my husband out of my hair. Thats my time.

Jan - hope you dont get too much snow.

Lisa - Hi!

Debc, Liz, Mena, and Shirley Larson where are you. Ive been looking everywhere.

OK - gotta go. Its dine time.

Nicki
  • newvickie
    edited January 2007
    Oh Lisa...beautiful picture!
    Hi Boo...Mt. Dora is indeed beautiful. She loves Florida and I spent a week with her at Cocoa Beach last September as a "finally done treatment" vacation...I could have stayed forever!!!
    Jan...calling for snow here tonight too...hoping for a "snow day" tomorrow but will probably have to suck it up and go in regardless. We have snow and wind chill warnings out until tomorrow night. Yeeshh...sooo ready for spring.
    NS...hey sweet girl...where are you and how did your appointment go...we were there with you but couldn't hear a thing! These doctors need to speak up so all your sisters can hear!
    Meeeennnnnaaaaa....where are you? Cheri is waiting to play and your falling behind! Missing you.
    LauraB...come play in the sand with us. And wipe off your shoes (you'll have to read back if you missed that post LOL). Hugs to you.
    Susan...so glad your back...boy you were missed!
    Uh Tracey...where are my construction guys? REALLY like Captain Jack but he swiped my eyeliner and darn...he looks better than me...can't have that LOL.
    Yooohoooo...Deb...where are you? Skinny dipping in the waves?
    Hey Nicki...tomorrow is FRIDAY...WOO HOO!!!
    Ok..gotta get a bit of housework done and play with Nate a bit...but "I'll be back"...think Arnold Schwartzegger (sp?). LOL
    Love ya all
    Vickie
  • newvickie
    edited January 2007
    Nicki...I lose my car all the time!!! I haven't used the alarm yet but I do hit the trunk button and usually find it that way...just a bit embarrassing when the trunk pops open and someone is walking behind it and I'm two rows over...heehee.
    Lost my sisters new vehicle when we were Christmas shopping (on Black Friday) so she set her alarm off, we found it and couldn't get it to stop!! That was hilarious...she was mortified and I was laughing to hard to even help (must have been a two Xanex day!) She finally figured it out and shut it up...I still tease her about it as she doesn't have chemo brain to blame!!
  • jasmine
    jasmine Member Posts: 773
    edited July 2008
    Niki...time to start sticking a plunger on the roof of your car so you can find it.
  • sherloc
    sherloc Member Posts: 893
    edited January 2007
    Nicki, I'm here. Still fighting this cold. Have a headache that won't quit but the bod is feeling better today.

Vicki, here in California we just call him Arnie Baby.

See you all later. I'm heading out of town for the weekend. Will see you all when I get back.
  • newvickie
    edited January 2007

Shirley...hope your feeling better soon. Umm...could you please take Captain Jack with you...now he's swiped my mascara...darn if that man doesn't look sexier than me LOL!

• [Deleted User]
    edited January 2007
    There was a young woman who had been diagnosed with a terminal illness
    and had been given three months to live. So as she was getting her
    things "in order," she contacted her pastor and had him come to her
    house to discuss certain aspects of her final wishes. She told him which
    songs she wanted sung at the service, what scriptures she would like
    read, and what outfit she wanted to be buried in.

Everything was in order and the pastor was preparing to leave when the
    young woman suddenly remembered something very important to her.

"There's one more thing," she said excitedly. "What's that?" came the
    pastor's reply.

"This is very important," the young woman continued. "I want to be
    buried with a fork in my right hand."

The pastor stood looking at the young woman, not knowing quite what to
    say.
    That surprises you, doesn't it?" the young woman asked.

"Well, to be honest, I'm puzzled by the request," said the pastor.

The young woman explained. "My grandmother once told me this story, and
    from there on out, I have always done so. I have also, always tried to
    pass along its message to those I love and those who are in need of
    encouragement.

'In all my years of attending church socials and potluck dinners, I
    always remember that when the dishes of the main course were being
    cleared, someone would inevitably lean over and say, 'Keep your fork.'

It was my favorite part because I knew that something better was
    coming...like velvety chocolate cake or deep-dish apple pie. Something
    wonderful, and with substance!' So, I just want people to see me there
    in that casket with a fork in my hand and I want them to wonder "What's
    with the fork?" Then I want you to tell them: "Keep your fork ... the
    best is yet to come." The pastor's eyes welled up with tears of joy as
    he hugged the young woman good-bye. He knew this would be one of the
    last times he would see her before her death. But he also knew that the
    young woman had a better grasp of heaven than he did.
    She had a better grasp of what heaven would be like than many people
    twice her age, with twice as much experience and knowledge. She KNEW
    that something better was coming.

At the funeral people were walking by the young woman's casket and they
    saw the pretty dress she was wearing and the fork placed in her right
    hand. Over and over, the pastor heard the question "What's with the
    fork?" And over and over he smiled.

During his message, the pastor told the people of the conversation he
    had with the young woman shortly before she died. He also told them
    about the fork and about what it symbolized to her.

The pastor told the people how he could not stop thinking about the fork
    and told them that they probably would not be able to stop thinking
    about it either. He was right.

So the next time you reach down for your fork, let it remind you ever so
    gently, that the best is yet to come.

Friends are a very rare jewel, indeed. They make you smile and encourage
    you to succeed. They lend an ear, they share a word of praise, and they
    always want to open their hearts to us.

Show your friends how much you care. Remember to always be there for
    them, even when you need them more. For you never know when it may be
    their time to "Keep your fork."

Cherish the time you have, and the memories you share... being friends
    with someone is not an opportunity but a sweet responsibility.

"SO SAVE YOUR FORK"
  • [Deleted User]
    edited January 2007
    A very good friend sent the above story to me today and I thought it was so nice. Some of you may have already read it but it's a good story anyway. I grew up hearing "keep your fork" so it struck home with me, maybe it will you,too.

Your pal,
    Cheri
  • newvickie
    edited January 2007
    (((Cheri)))...Keeping my fork.
    And...know that all of you here are my sweet rare jewels.
    You make you smile and encourage me to succeed. You lend an ear, you share a word of praise, and you always are here to open your hearts to me.
    I will always be here for whoever needs me, whenever I am needed and you are all my sweet responsibilities.
    Love you all
    and thanks for sharing Cheri.
    Vickie
  • newvickie
    edited January 2007
    I'm on a roll tonight ladies...accidently took two Xanex instead of one...geez I'm brain dead half the time!
    Look out...searching for some fun.
    Hugs
    Vickie
  • silvergirl9114
    silvergirl9114 Member Posts: 310
    edited January 2007
    And if you weren't brain dead BEFORE the two Xanex, you will be AFTER!

Great invention, that stuff.
  • texas78343
    texas78343 Member Posts: 14
    edited January 2007
    here we are having a great time on our cruise

and back to our ship

• beth1225
    edited January 2007
    OOOHOHOH Vickie. The onc finally gave me a script for Xanex since I am not sleeping well. 1 mg made me loopy. I don't know how I would handle it if I had two! Going to bed early tonight since I had a very long day. But.....no jury duty tomorrow! Yay! I know it is my constitutional duty to do it but the county courthouse is too far and we are supposed to have ice tomorrow morning.

Holding my fork! Love that story and you can never read it too many times. Stay warm and dry sisters.
  • texas78343
    texas78343 Member Posts: 14
    edited January 2007
    part of our crew

• newvickie
    edited January 2007
    LOL at the "great invention"...it sure is...I feel great!!!
    Beth...yup...just a wee bit loopy here...at this rate I'll be up all night but it's Grays Anatomy night and I won't miss it for once!
    Robbie...oh great pics...aren't we having a wonderful time on our cruise...I want man number one..the one with the hat...pretty sure he'll leave my eyeliner and mascara alone LOL.
    I do believe that the cruise ship police have an APB out on me so cover my butt girls.
    Where is everyone tonight...NS, Deb, Mena, Susan, Liz, Michelle, oh so many others.
    I'll be baaack...my new tag line!!
    Love
    Vickie
    Madison...the pics came out fuzzy but will send them to you anyway...soon.
  • snowmen_n_thongs
    snowmen_n_thongs Member Posts: 367
    edited January 2007
    hi ladies... i will make this quick... our power has been off and on now for 12 hours more off i think maybe its fixed now but just incase....
    we had a avalanche and most is without power ...
    lol cheri i didnt mean it really!!!!!!
    tracey
  • AlaskaDeb
    AlaskaDeb Member Posts: 1,159
    edited January 2007
    good evening ladies. I have overextened myself the past few days so I have not had much time to come play. I am working my way out of the blues. Some days are just harder than others.

i have been hiding by the bar. I finally had to put m clothesd on or risk 3rd degree sunburn.

I wore my palmtree earrings to work today in honor of our curise...made me smile.

I'll try and come back by later...save me a BIG pink drink with an umbrella!

Hugs to everyone
    Deb C
  • newvickie
    edited January 2007
    Holy cow tracey...an avalanche!!! Get back on the cruise ship...quick!
    Seriously though..be safe and warm.
    Hugs
    Vickie
  • newvickie
    edited January 2007

(((Deb)))

• Biker54
    Biker54 Member Posts: 1,042
    edited January 2007
    Hi everyone!

I'm home from work, had dinner and my red wine!!

Boo & Odalys - Welcome to both of you. I could use a little bit of your weather right about now!

Shel - Sorry, even the rat droppings won't keep me away from chocolate!!

Cheri - I'm glad your daughter is better. Loved the fork story. I'll be sure to hold onto mine!

Karen - Your weather is even stranger than mine. At least it's not snowing. Good luck at the onc.

NS - You have a beach???? And you cook????? I love to cook. I'll be your helper if I can use the beach.
    I feel like the old me too, except for the body aches. But you are right...I am definately stronger "F" that cancer!!

Ginny - I have some pretty scary hairs on my chin also. They are as thick as telephone wire! I'm sorry you have a blood clot. Take care!

Brenda - That sucks that your DH is in such pain. My 31 yr. old son has two herniated discs and he is always in pain too. He really needs to see someone.

Susan - Welcome back!!! Cheri posted pics. Wow, that was some storm damage. At least you are safe!!

Tina - Man, What are the odds of your DH having two wives with bc?? I can't imagine.

Christine - Sounds as though your surgery went well.

Madison - Being a cat person, I can relate to your cat in the box story !

Vickie - We may get snow also. I am so lucky, I am actually married to a construction guy! I am trying to get done, since I have to watch Greys Anatomy also.

Shirley - I hope that headache goes away soon. That has been going on way too long.

Robbie - I love the pic of our ship. The crew looks pretty good too!

Take care all!