Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

TIME TO CIRCLE THE WAGONS GIRLS

Comments

• nosurrender
    nosurrender Member Posts: 737
    edited January 2007
    all of you help me so much.... sometimes just when I think maybe I will just hide under the covers for the rest of my life, I have to get up and read about your days and your dinners and how cold it is and if that new puppy got into something.... it is a true family, always evolving and growing and growing closer with the more adversities we each face individually... sometimes families can let you down when you need them the most- not THIS family. THAT is what we do best! Holding each other up, hugging just a little tighter, and circling the wagons of love around anyone who needs us.

I made the farm movie- I will post it in the Take Me Away section.... then I will work on the next request!! Hint: Mr. Fluffy has a cameo in the new farm movie! He will be signing autographs for a small fee if you wish to have his paw print!

Nicki I will be looking out for Distorted Humor on Monday... I am SO HOPING this is all a bad dream... And you know IT IS POSSIBLE! Like I tell you guys- even BC girls can get lumpy!!
    When I asked that creep BS about immediate silicone implants he said- "do you KNOW what that entails? The RIP the muscle off your bones!" I said to him expanders go under the muscle! And he said- yes, with expanders it is "a long drawn out agony..." He was trying to talk me into a free flap. Flap this bub and your dingbat nurse too!

Thank you Nicki for what you wrote- once again you wrote what I was feeling... only WE have been down this road. Only WE understand it. I can't say to my uncle Owen, "I know just what you went through in Iwo Jima... you are related to me so I know" Doesn't work that way.

Shel- I was reading back on the posts--- "You cancer girls are so anal???!!" OMG! THAT is worse than what was said to me!!! All I can say is Karma is a bitch and she better watch her back!

Madison, your words are so beautiful and so true. And you expressed exactly how I felt when I opened up that box this week. I have never felt such a bond or closeness before.
    I consider myself so lucky and blessed to have been able to find all of you!!!

Joyce, what a thing to say! I do not understand this facination with WANTING to get BC and wishing it on yourself! I have a variant of BRCA2 and trust me- I would keep as far away from cancer as I possibly could. Right before I was diagnosed an old friend got lung cancer. He was in his seventies but he was a dear man and a real pal of mine. When he told me he had it I remember feeling mad that cancer was attacking him. But I didn't know what to say- So I just hugged him for the longest time. Little did I know that a few months later I would be diagnosed. When he found out he came and hugged me back. But it was different this time- because we were BOTH fighting the same beast... and there was an unspoken connection that we both felt.

Lini! Congratulations on your SOCK WIN!!!! I think you are on to something with the chocolate headache link. I know bright sun starts them too- but I ate A LOT of chocolate the day before...I mean A LOT!

Vickie, I can't return it-- Fluffy just loves it when I scratch his back with it!! I really want to make squares though. Is it too much to ask to have instructions in English not German??

Sheri, when is tha play? Can you have someone take pictures of you in the performance? So your doc was going to try to take your blood from your bad arm? What do they do when you have a bilateral? What arm do they use??? OR do I not want to KNOW the answer to that one!

Thanks Margaret, I think I will say something to my BS about that nurse. They all work in the same surgical group so I will have quite a bit to tell him! Immediate tram? You must have been on that table for hours!! I am afraid of that. I really am a very big coward!!!

Tracey, sometimes a new bed is just the ticket for a sore back! I hope yours is really comfy!

Jeannie!!! 192 INCHES OF SNOW???? Good Lord! I guess you have a 4x4 huh?? My poor Mini would be eaten alive up there!

Always, what part of the country do you live in? Idiots on ice! haha - another good one!

Lisa, that was so beautiful...and so true! THANK YOU so much for what you posted!!!!

Jan I hope your headache is better! And you aren't getting sick.

Namiam, your poor husband, and poor you! BOTH of you need a break! SOON!!!

(((GINNEY))) Such good advice and answers!!!! You are awesome.

Denise, all I have is xanax in the house... I plan on taking 2 before my thing on Monday-- but I have the lowest dose. I am wondering if I need to take 3? The reason I ask is that my BS said to me "if you have any valium at home take it before you come in" and without thinking I said "Ok, I will"- I don't HAVE any! I only have the .25 mg of the xanax.

hey hey Sue! I hope you are having a blast in SIN CITY!!!

Vickie, I am glad your daughter will be coming home! You have really wanted that for so long! I know it is not the ideal situation for HER, but it may turn out to be the best thing she ever did!!

Susan, I like your new tag line! Hope you are feeling ok!!!

Laura, I think you know how I feel about your situation with that man who calls himself your husband... I am just gonna say one thing- Your tag line is: "Life is not the destination; it's the journey"--- how are you enjoying your journey being dragged through the mud and muck with a man who is so self involved and self centered and selfish and cruel to both You and Catie??? Is this the kind of destination you envisioned for yourself? RAY IS BALLAST. Throw him overboard, raise your main sail and move on to clear waters, blue skies and golden sunlight.
    Now.
    Life is too short for this crap.
    And I guess now I will bite the bullet and finally post the one sentence from He's Just Not That Into You that really slaps women awake: "He's just not that into you if he is putting it into someone else."

((SHEL))) Don't forget about EARL!

Tracey, I have seen fish netting at Michaels in the area where they sell the shells and stuff.

Cheri girlfriend? How is your daughter???

TINA- once again! YOU SAID IT ALL SISTER!!!

And Always- you rock! THAT is EXACTLY WHAT I WOULD DO!!!

Hey Made! we have girls in treatment here, out of treatment, with mets, NED, you name it! Go pick yourself out a wagon and a horse and then take a walk around the circle and see all our goodies!!! WELCOME !!!

I am running out of time if I want to post that movie---
    Remember- Mr. Fluffy has a cameo!

Love you!
    g
  • lizws
    lizws Member Posts: 789
    edited January 2007
    A quick hello to everyone. I'll catch up tomorrow I hope. What's up with all the headaches? I've had one of the worst I've had in years. Nothing is touching it!

Thinking of you all.

Hugs and Prayers
    Liz
  • newvickie
    newvickie Member Posts: 2,941
    edited January 2007
    Evening ladies,
    LauraB...I sent you a pm and I'm sending you a hug.
    NS...there is no possible way that we would ever let you hide under the covers and not be here with us. We'd round up our posse and come drag your butt out! Lumpy furballs it will be. Can't wait to see your new movie!
    Welcome Kelly...wow another sister to adopt! What an exciting place this has become. Lots of love to go around here.
    Hi Liz...get rid of that headache!
    Shel...I hate the "your so anal" comments. I've never heard them from any of my doctors or nurses but I go to a special breast care center so it's ALL they do and they understand but I do hear it from others when I try to explain that if they have a cold or the flu...please stay away...or if I am washing my hands and using the paper towel to open the bathroom door or sanitizing my desk and phone at work. They just don't get it. My immune system is still compromised and I do whatever I need to do to stay healthy. Up theres!
    Jeannie isn't kidding one bit about the snow!!! There is no way I could live up there although I'm not far from her. It's like Buffalo NY that also gets huge amounts of snow. I HATE WINTER.
    OH ladies...I so want to write to all of you but it seems I am coming down with the friggin flu or cold or something. I feel downright lousy. Sore throat, upset stomach, headache, sinus's killing me, fever, cough...crap...you name it...I got it! Even being as anal as I am LOL.
    My daughter is doing better (I think). She has hit the anger stage and when Sarah gets angry...LOOK OUT! Don't know where she gets it from as I rarely get angry but we owned a diner for several years and she was around the truck drivers constantly...she jokes about being raised by truck drivers and boy she can give it out with the best of them! I so want her to come home but so wished her marriage could be saved as I know how much she loves (loved?) him but she says no way now. She wants a divorce, she is done, finished, kaput. He's out...if he wants to play single, he can be single.
    Looks like we are done with the cruise...where should we go next? Trying to come up with ideas to take you all away but not having much luck. How about we go visit Deb in Alaska...we can take our cruise ship with us with all our wagons on board and circle her house, check out the wildlife, the snow, the icebergs etc. I guess if we are all going to be in a deep freeze we may as well go with the flow and see Deb. We'll pick everyone up along the way...including Laurab and we'll watch her husband pout on shore, Lini...we'll pick you up on the beach...
    What do you say ladies...time for another get away?
    Too tired tonight to work on it and if you want somewhere else to go...I'm open for suggestions and ready to swipe whatever we need. Cheri and Madison will watch my back...oh wait...I'm psychotic and hormonally deprived...no one can touch me!! LOL.
    Gonna curl up on the couch with some hot tea and snuggle with Nate and see if I can kick this crappy feeling. Taking the Airborne so I'll let you know if it works.
    Love you sisters...one and all,
    Vickie
  • newvickie
    edited January 2007

Would love to see this up close in person!

• silvergirl9114
    silvergirl9114 Member Posts: 310
    edited January 2007
    Here's a challenge for you Vickie! Let's go to Istanbul!! I took a cruise there a few years ago not expecting much and it turned out to be one of the most exotically beautiful places I have ever set my tootsies---and I've set my tootsies in a LOT of places! The Topkapi Palace is there---the place where all of the harems were and the unbelievable JEWELS. There is a baby cradle in the museum encrusted with gold and emeralds---I'm not kidding! Sword hilts covered with enough diamonds to keep me happy for three lifetimes. Weather is beautiful, beaches, exotic, great food---let's go! (Also history, the Crusades, the Blue Mosque and Aya Sophia which has been a mosque, Catholic Church and now a museum and was the largest unsupported dome in the world until they built St. Peters)---but don't want to scare anyone away with history stuff. As you can tell, I LOVE to travel! Unfortunately for Vickie, I have no talent for posting pictures or I'd take you there myself.

Jeannie
  • newvickie
    edited January 2007

OK ladies...it's off to Istanbul...sorry Deb but grab your bags cuz we are off and cruising...do I need to swipe a plane for this one? Hmmm...no guess not...those federal marshall aren't anyone I want to mess with!

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 1,233
    edited January 2007
    Susan, good to see you posting. Knee surgery is right around the corner. I am so sorry my ankle is broken & I can't be there with you. If I could walk I'd come over after you got home to help out. With you & I together we'd need someone to take care of us both! It's such a shame you're only 30 miles from me. You can call though while you're recuperating, I'm great moral support. I'm still looking at June before I can get my surgery done in Iowa City!

Nicki, I can always count on you for the smell of fresh coffee & breakfast cooking! I love omelets.

Vickie, so Capt. Jack's stealing your make-up? Well, those two guys that keep sneaking in my cabin steal my..umm..personal items. I'm beginning to think they have something to do with Mena's disappearance. On the other hand has anyone looked in the Hooch tent for her? You know she has that..er..problem.

Judy, welcome. Ginney answered your questions beautifully. It's also very helpful to read all the threads. There's one for almost everything you wanted to know. The ladies are very nice & will be glad to help. Keep posting, you'll like it here.

Laura. Sweetie, what can I say? The other girls all gave you the best advice by telling you to kick him to the curb. Now we all know men always want what they can't have. They don't really want a door mat. I'd dress to the nines, put on make-up, do your hair, wear something sexy, call a friend and go out on the town! Make him wonder and make sure he sees how great you look..and smell. I would even go to the place he always goes & be so friendly. Then when he goes in there next time he'll hear about how great his wife is looking! You make it way too easy for him. I "lost" my first husband because I tried too hard and I've never looked back. Met my dh now & have been happy 17yrs.

Ginney, you always know what to say.

NS, you seem to be feeling a bit better today. That's good. I just hate it when you're not feeling up to posting.

Thanks to all who asked about my dd, she is getting much better on the anti-biotics she's taking. That's what makes this Circle "home". We all really care about what's happening with each other. We worry about one another. I would be so lonely without you all. When I first came here I was a mess. Tx was barely over and even though i have great support from my dh nobody really understood. I was sooo depressed and didn't know why. I thought I should be happy cos it was all over, doesn't work that way. You all took me in, nurtured me until I at least became somewhat functional. I come here & everyday feel a little stronger, even getting a sense of humor back. I just want to thank you all. I will always be a Circle girl and will defend that to the bitter end. I can post anywhere on this site that I want but this is my "home". You all give the best hugs!

I got up today feeling fairly good. Did all the morning rituals then sat down to my computer & logged on. OMG, my power went out..again! Scared me witless. I called the elec co. to report it & she said they were on their way out to fix it. I told her I sure hoped it wasn't the same guys that fixed it after 11 days cos I thought they must have driven from Canada & came by covered wagon! It did take them several days, ya know. So I sat here in the dark wondering if I could handle that experience again. It came back on in about 3 hrs. Thank GOD!

Well girls I'm back to being on my own. I spent my first night by myself last night. Amber & her family have officially moved out. They still have some things here but they got all their things out of storage & are moved into their house. She's less than 10 min away but I kinda miss them. I've caught myself thinking I heard my 2yr old GS waking up in his crib a dozen times today. My house is turned upside down & I told my DD that she wasn't getting her cleaning deposit back if she didn't clean it! So, it's just me and my dogs. I've been alone many times but it's been awhile. My dh works away for a week at a time. It's kinda nice in a way, no cartoons blaring, babies screaming, my dd getting onto them. But I especially miss my little Ethan,5yr old GS. He is the light of my life. The good part is I can sleep whenever I want without being woke up by the baby, eat when & what I want, total freedom. I don't have to put up with my goofy SIL. I'll adjust well on my own.

To Mena,Sherndon,Margaret,Tracy,Shel,Jeannie,Lisa,Deb,Sue,Amy,Shirley,Carrie,Denise,Christine,joyce,Boo,Jan,Kelly and anyone else that my poor old brain can't think of, wishing you all the best and thanking you all for being there for each other & me.

Oh yeah, I also have those dreams. I'm usually on a desperate quest to find a bathroom. But it's very bad news if I ever do because then I think it's ok to "go" and it wakes me up! Gee, I don't even tell my family that. lol

Cheri
  • newvickie
    edited January 2007
    ok ladies...arriving in Istanbul
    OK CHERI...WHAT IS IT WITH YOU AND THESE GUYS...ENOUGH ALREADY!!

Our "hotel" awaits
  • newvickie
    edited January 2007
    LOL CHERI
    You snuck in on me!
    We need to find that Mena girl and let her know she got some splainin to do...missing her.
    Help me out with Istanbul ladies...to sick to sit here any longer but I will check in later.
    I love you all
    Vickie
  • [Deleted User]
    edited January 2007
    Vickie, those are the little sneaks that get into my secret stash of rubber...er...personal attire! Lets pitch them overboard, they can keep my outfits, lets just get rid of 'em!

Cheri
  • Boo46
    Boo46 Member Posts: 261
    edited January 2007
    Hi CG's
    Today is Tampa's annual day of insanity. It is Gasparilla Day. A day where grown men dress up as pirates and invade the city of Tampa. Years ago it was lots of fun with a boat flotilla including pirate ships docking in the port, capturing the city and a parade down Bayshore Blvd. Music, beads, marching bands, and families enjoying themselves. Over the years it has become another Mardi Gras. 100,000's of people show up. Many are drunk and nasty. Traffic is blocked for days. Pirates save their beads for the young flashing girls. The streets are filled with trash and vomit. Not very family friendly anymore.
    I live 2 blocks from the canal where the ships come in and joined some friends for breakfast on the water to watch the flotilla. This aspect of the day is still pretty sane. Mostly families. I don't go to the parade anymore. Stopped the year a large man slammed me into the pavement when he tried to jump over me to catch some beads. Some fun huh!
    The city will now spend days removing bleachers and stalls and cleaning up trash. Soon our little city will be quiet again.
    Saw lots of neighbors I haven't seen for awhile and got lots of nice hugs today. Skipped the parade with the drunks and flashers, had lunch with friends, and am now relaxing in my nice quiet home. Well was quiet till 14yr old DS just brought 2 friends home for the night.
    Hope you all have a great evening. I'm going to snuggle up with a book and ignore the 3 14 year olds I have inherited for the evening.
    Hugs to all

Sue
  • newvickie
    edited January 2007
    Ok Cheri...they've been tossed overboard again but I do believe I saw Mena down there with a lifeboat!!!

Oh my Sue...too bad that there is so much drinking, trash and vomit as it sounds like it could be such fun. We have a pirates day at the Thousand Islands that I took Nathaniel too a couple of years ago and it was great fun. We went on the boat ride, went to the castle, saw the cave where a pirate had hid out...it was a big rock in the middle of the river but had an entrance on one side, he was caught when his daughter was sneaking him food one night. It was such fun and very interesting.

Oh man...do I ever have the friggin creeping crud!
    I find the sucker who gave this to me and they're in for a bitch fest LOL.
  • snowmen_n_thongs
    snowmen_n_thongs Member Posts: 367
    edited January 2007
    hahahahahahah vickie.... ok i will be back as soon as i can find a saturday nite pic !!
    tracey
  • SheriH
    SheriH Member Posts: 472
    edited January 2007
    Just an update on our play, since NS asked. We've been working really hard, but still have a long way to go and we open Feb 16! Yikes!!!!!! We have 2 kids playing Scout and Jem that have never been in a play before, so it's been pretty hard for them. We have an extra long rehearsal tomorrow, so I hope it goes well. There is a website for our theater if anyone wants to check it out. They are supposed to post some photos of the current show, but I guess they aren't there yet.

Vickie, I had the crud a couple of weeks ago and it just seemed to linger. I hope yours goes away soon.
  • SheriH
    SheriH Member Posts: 472
    edited January 2007
    I thought I put the theater's website on, but I guess I forgot. It's www.westthill.com
  • susanmcm
    susanmcm Member Posts: 699
    edited January 2007
    Laura you are in a tough situation, no doubt. I think you are getting good advice. I just wanted send you hugs and warm wishes. Someday you will look back on this. It will be over and you will be better off.

Cheri, it's good to know you are only 30 minutes away even if neither of us can get in a car and drive. I'll be calling for sure!!! Glad your daughter is doing better. It's good to have the house back, huh!

vicki, ok, istanbul. Who is going to be the historical guide? I'm interested in the history Jeannie. I'll help you post pictures if you want.

NS, always good to hear from you. You sound chipper. I took the magic carpet out for a spin today. Wantd to make sure it was ready for monday!! I'll be there. hugs to you sister.

Welcome Made. this is a good place to hang out. we really are like a family.

Sheri I to would like to see pictures of your performance.

Sue, glad you made it through the insanity.

Liz, sorry about the headache. I always try to have pain meds around. Hope you are feeling better tomorrow.

much hugs and love to everyone. Have a great evening!
    susan
  • joy1122
    joy1122 Member Posts: 189
    edited January 2007
    Istanbul,sounds like fun. Count me in girls!

I woke up with a headache today. Not too bad now but the medicine I take to get rid of them makes me tired. Not doing much tonight,husband and older boys are at work. Kevin is hanging out with me so I guess we will rent a movie. I will check in tomorrow. Have a good night girls!
    Joyce
    Welcome Kelly!
  • snowmen_n_thongs
    edited January 2007
    ok you american idol fans have got to see this.....
    hahahahaha turn your sound on!!!! but not to loud!

american idol rotflmao

tracey and still in search for a pic for ns!!! hehehehe
  • newvickie
    edited January 2007
    Ok ladies, Tracey, Jeannie and Susan are taking over as tour guide, ship captain, cruise director...whatever...this girl is on sick leave...just send me tylenol, blankets, tea and keep the men away...especially those two that keep showing up in Cheri's cabin!
    Hmmm...someone (chemo brained me here) was making tomato soup and grilled cheese...just what my grandmother always fixed when I was sick...comin to stay in your cabin LOL.
    Good night sweet sisters, may you all have sweet, happy, joyful dreams and I will check in on you in the morning.
    Punchin my time card,
    praying the Airborne works,
    signing out,
    off to dream land...I hope.
    love
    Vickie
  • snowmen_n_thongs
    edited January 2007
    ok this is to funny... check this one out!!!
    hahaha funnies

ns i am still looking for my sat night pic but you have to see this one!!!
    animal lovers......... hahahahahaha
    tracey
  • Madison
    Madison Member Posts: 859
    edited January 2007
    Wait, I missed a trip to Istanbul.

I knew I should have stayed home and not gone to dinner with dh.

Vicki, hope you are doing okay...and NOT getting sick

Tracey, too funny
    Joyce, hope you headache gets better.
    NS, you had better get the BIGGEST room in the whole darn place, cause we are all a coming to be with you.
    Mena, we miss you.

Oh my goodness, hello everyone....

I have to admit my dh and I finished an entire bottle of wine at dinner.....so it is off to wine land with me...the pink elephants are getting ready to dance...

See you in the morning (and I will probably have a hangover).

Madison
  • newvickie
    edited January 2007
    Pink flying elephants for Madison
    yup...can't sleep...the creeping crud is keeping me awake...gonna be a long night ladies!
  • neesie
    neesie Member Posts: 1,110
    edited February 2008
    Just checking on my friends and telling all to have a good night. Thoughts and prayers to all who need them and a gigantic hug for everyone!!
    I'm in on Istanbul............Love to travel! Cheri, you've got to get those guys a different outfit! NS, All is well for you on Monday. I have powers and they all say A-OK! Hugs to you.
    Hi and Goodnight to everyone else. My parents always said this, and I always said it to my kids and now my granddaughter: Good night, sweet dreams, I love you, see you in the morning when we all wake up.
    Denise
  • Roxwooood
    Roxwooood Member Posts: 14
    edited January 2007
    Vickie, thanks for posting the link to moving beyond bc, from John Hopkins. I hadn't seen your other post, and I'm glad I didn't miss it this time. It has great information and affirmations for bc survivors.
  • snowmen_n_thongs
    edited January 2007
    hey ns now i know where the hairball is!!!!!!!!

[image]http://image[/image]

xxxxxxxxx
    tracey
  • silvergirl9114
    silvergirl9114 Member Posts: 310
    edited January 2007
    Geez, I wish I could post pictures! Then I could show you all Istanbul. The Blue Mosque there is amazing. It's HUGE---a vast interior space that dwarfs the people there----only men are allowed to pray in the main sanctuary but there is a space behind a lattice screen for the women. The entire inside is covered with these intricate blue and white tiles (thus, the Blue Mosque) and there is a small error hand painted in each tile since Muslims believe only Allah is perfect.

Ayah Sophia, that I talked about earlier, was built in the 1200s, I think. First it was a mosque, so the walls were covered with ornate designs---no images of man or beast allowed in a mosque. Then the crusades came through and it was a Catholic church so there are religious mosiacs done on top of the original decoration. Then it went back to being a mosque again so they plastered over the mosiacs and put designs again. There are areas inside where you can see the different layers that have been restored.

The city also has an immense bazaar---You need a guide to get into and out of it----stalls and shops sell everything imaginable and everything is haggled over. I bought a silk hand knotted (very small) Turkish carpet---they started out asking $2400 for it and wound up paying $600. But it's nice haggling---you sit on a couch, they bring you hot apple juice or tea and everybody smiles. I've had it for seven years now and I think I've spotted all of the mistakes---don't forget only Allah is perfect.

Istanbul is the only city in the world on two continents. The western side is in Europe and the eastern side across the Bosporus is in Asia.

There is also a huge underground cistern system from ancient times to store water. Didn't see it in person but saw pictures----the ceiling is supported by columns from Roman or Greek ruins so all of the columns are different. Big enough to take a rowboat ride through.

I'm glad I went before 9/11---not sure if I would go now. Went with my college girlfriend and we were safe and treated well then. Rarely saw women on the street without a male escort (husband brother) unless they were begging but no one ever bothered Brenda or me. The men did stare but then Brenda and I were about eight feet tall compared to Turkish women and I'm blonde which also attracts attention.

They make an incredible fresh fish dish---take the whole fish, encrust it with salt about an inch thick and grill it over an open fire. When it's time to eat they take a hammer and break the shell---the fish is to die for! I've never been served a fancy dinner that came with a hammer before!

So I can't post pictures but that is a quick imaginary tour of a wonderful place. Maybe Vickie (or Peggy) can find some pictures and post them. Captain Jack will never find us there---neither will the RubberBand Boys--so everybody's make up is safe. We'll sit up on the bluff after a long day on the beaches and watch the ships as they pass from the Mediterranean to the Black Sea while the breeze cools our sunburned cheeks. I do believe we could probably rustle up a little sweet Turkish wine too (forget the Turkish coffee---you could use it for driveway sealer! I refuse to do chewy coffee!!)

That's all folks---time for beddie bye. Big day tomorrow, going to Ithaca to see the baby. Not sure why since I have to go back Tuesday/Wednesday to baby sit but you know how the little ones attract a crowd. Stitches come out of the nip early Tuesday---woo hoo! I have to tell ya, it looks REAL! I worried a little about the headlights thing but this is definitely low beam.

OK---now I mean it. Bedtime! Sweet dreams sisters.

Jeannie
  • [Deleted User]
    edited January 2007
    Tracy, you suppose that's Michael Jacksons cat? lol

Jeannie,so you're telling us that Istanbul is dangerous??

Denise, we pitched those losers overboard!

Cheri
  • MargaretB
    MargaretB Member Posts: 771
    edited January 2007
    Crap, I had this nice long post typed and because I'm so tired (been up since 4:30 this morning) I forgot to copy it before I hit continue and - - poof - - it's gone. Too tired to retype it. Love you guys. Night all.

Margaret
  • b445
    b445 Member Posts: 980
    edited January 2007
    Welcome Judy and Kelly!

I did a little pampereing today. Had my legs & underarms waxed then did a little retail therapy than had a massage of the relaxing type. Got home and about an hour later relized I didn't have me necklace. Thank goodness the found it at the salon! But it undid all the relaxing the massage had done. So I drove back down there to get it and had to do more retail therapy to try and relax again!

Finally get teh hubby to go see the doc about his anxity meds and he tells them he needs 90 rx so we can do the mail order, ( it's cheaper for the wellbutrin that way) and what do they do but give him a 30 rx. So now I have to call them on Monday and see if they will change the rx for us. So now he says this is why I don't go to the Doc the never do what you ask. They also are trying him on celexa along with the welbutrin. and the would only give him 10 days worth of ambien. No wonder he drinks!

Think I need to put out some CHEESCAKE, raspberry, NY, Ameroreto, to lure Mena back again. We all know she can't resist cheescake! Seriously Mena we miss you and hope you're feeling better!
  • nosurrender
    nosurrender Member Posts: 737
    edited January 2007

Liz I hope you feel better! If I knew what to do I would tell you-- but once they hit like that it is on their own time they leave us alone!

Vickie, you will find all sorts of lumpy furballs and their brother dust bunnies under my bed! I am glad your daughter is in the anger phase- THAT helps!! I hope YOU aren't getting sick too!! GET OVER TO THE MEDIC TENT with Liz!!

Jeannie, I went on a cruise in that area too- I couldn't agree more! After Istanbul we head up to the Dalmation Coast and Dubrovnik... although I don't think they call it that anymore!

Oh Susan, when is the surgery???

Cheri, I am trying to stay active and not think about things... since I am not allowed to eat because I am a spa member and Lini is keeping an eye on me...I am posting OVERLY LONG posts!

Gasparilla day??? Boo I never heard of that! It sounds like a noisy mess! My little town is like that on the 4th of July... we joke and say that long island tips northward into the Sound that day because everyone rushes here to see the bonfires and fireworks.. The bonfires are set about 30 feet from each other and go the entire length of the beach and people are INSANE with what they burn! You see picnic tables, bannisters, panelling... if it burns they pile it on!

Sheri thank you for the link to your play!! I wish we could all go and see you!

Madison, I hope it all goes smoothly on Monday!And I will see about the accomodations for everyone! Drink a lot of water before you go to bed- it will help counteract the other stuff you have been drinking!

Denise thank you - I hope your powers work... I really do!

My cat is sensing something... he won't leave my side today. Normally he ignores me! I hope he isn't one of those diagnostic cats!

Tracey! Ha! That cat looks like he is saying "I can't believe I ate the WHOLE THING!"

Jeannie-you don't have to post pictures... your words painted them!!! THANK YOU!!

Speaking of pictures, some of you post them... some of yourselves, some of your families, and some of us are either camera shy or posting challenged!

BUT

I was inspired by my Louisiana sister to make this for you tonight. It is also in the movie thread (take me away)
    but here it is for all the circle girls, et al.....

http://s127.photobucket.com/albums/p129/5076906/?action=view&current=dae7e0e7.flv