Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

TIME TO CIRCLE THE WAGONS GIRLS

Comments

• MargaretB
    MargaretB Member Posts: 771
    edited February 2007
    Tracey, wahoo! great news.

Margaret
  • b445
    b445 Member Posts: 980
    edited February 2007
    Ok this is just weird. When I posted I saw it under Deb's Toga post then I come back and it had four post between Deb's toga post and mine. No wonder I keep missing some posts!
  • b445
    b445 Member Posts: 980
    edited February 2007
    Tracey, great news, you must have been fighting off something!

got the results back to the genetic testing today, no mutations. So they have moved me out of the "High Risk" category. They also said I have one of the best Oncs in their system. Make me feel good she's so highly recommended. She is pretty through.

Ok got to goe get ready for Grey's Anatomy.

throwing some logs on the fires
  • christineK
    christineK Member Posts: 735
    edited February 2007
    OK- I told Susan, I would take over the magic carpet and pick ya'll up. She is only a few hrs from me. I got the carpet and anyone who wan't to come along-
    we are going to Springfield first to give Susan a good ration og "Get up and Go", we'll head up north and make a stop by for Mena and her son the it is on to NS, the carpet will be full by then, so make room and we are cheering "FUR BALLS"
    Love to all!
  • karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,604
    edited February 2007
    Good evening ladies - I have tears in my eyes from everyone's well wishes for tomorrow - NS, Nicki, Odalys, Margaret, Madison, Colleen, Cheri, Newvickie to name a few. I know I will feel everyone's presence with me during surgery. It is going to be quite cold tomorrow, so be sure to warm up the heater on the magic carpet. It is scheduled for 1:30 and I have to be at the surgical center at 12 noon. Trying to drink lots of water before I go to bed tonight (notice, I didn't say sleep). RN said I could drink water up to 4 am - 8 hours before the surgery. I drink lots of water all day long, so I hope I don't forget and sneak some in in the morning!!! Feeling as stressed as I have been the past two days, I am going to go into work in the morning to stay busy. I will stay till about 10:30 - 11:00 then head on home. As long as I am home by 11:30, I should be okay as the clinic is only 5 minutes from my house - of course with the new snow, it will take a llittle longer. I'm going to take my bear with me as well as several lucky amulets I have been given along this journey. The docs let me take them to the OR (or just outside it) for my last surgery so I hope I can do the same tomorrow - or DH will have to hang onto them. Last night I got into bed and started to cry - grabbed my bear to hug. My DH commented that he was there!!!! He is so sweet.
    Its hard to believe what the past year has been - 2/3/06 was my formal diagnosis date - its amazing how much we can endure!!! My DH reminded me that atleast on the one year anniversary, I am cancer free. At the start of 2006, I would never have imagined what the year was to bring - I was excited about turning 50. Yup, I turned 50, but not the way I planned. Its been quite some journey and I am so happy to have found all you girls - you are absolutely wonderful.
    NS - I will be with you in thought tomorrow morning. I hope the core biopsy is less painful than you expect - and still thinking furballs!. I hope you can enjoy the weekend while waiting for results. As I said on the other thread - you are gorgeous - now we know you inside and outside match.
    Ginny - glad you visit went well.
    Betty - how scary - glad you are safe and that your "boob" is too.
    Brenda - yup - I will be staying busy tomorrow - only way I can get through the morning - I am a little nuts, but I am going to go into work in the morning. I have a student to test and I am also way behind on paperwork - any little bit I do will be helpful.
    Madison and Nicki- my mom did not take my dad for a second opinion - just back to the Cleveland Clinic in Boca where they did the surgery. Doc told them that thinks were doing good and he will better. Doc told mom that there was so much calcification that if he did not do the surgery down the road it would have been worse. he still cannot bare weight on his left leg, but since he has body functions the doc is pleased and said he will get better. I'm keeping my mouth shut as I will only annoy my mother if I say anything. But i so appreciate all your concern and insights. I will keep you posted.
    Sherndon - how did you onc visit go today? hope your son is feeling better soon. My 17 year old son was sick almost all of first semester - he just could not get well - he did have mono and then I think walking pneumonia over winter vacation. He's the kid who never got sick - well he made up for it this past fall.
    Christine - glad you are doing good.
    Tracey - knew you would be okay - thanks for updating us.
    Cy - happy to hear no mutations.
    Sige, Mena - thanks for stopping by to say hi. Mena - hope all goes well with your son's surgery.
    MB - hope you feel better soon. How is DH?

I took notes, but I feel like I have left many people out - but its not on purpose. It is amazing how many pages of posts are in one day!!! We are a chatty but wonderul group. Again thanks for everyones well wishes for tomorrow. Tonight the old body is achy - the joints are just achy. I probaby won't be back till atleast Saturday night. I'm guessing that by the time we get home tomorrow, it will be almost time to light my shabbat candles. Wishing everyone a good day and its TGIF!!!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 1,233
    edited February 2007
    Cy, great news. They moved you out of the High Risk category and that is wonderful. I know you feel good about that.

Christine, be careful driving that magic carpet. The last time I drove it the other women really weren't that crazy about the loops I did. I just wanted to see if it'd do stunts like an airplane...and it will. TeeHee

Best of Luck to all,
    cheri
  • AlaskaDeb
    AlaskaDeb Member Posts: 1,159
    edited February 2007
    Karen- We will be ther for you girlfriend. Hug the bear and think of us.

NS-I'm starting out soon so I will be ther for your surgery first think in the AM. I'll leave my snow boots in the hall so I won't drip on the floor. I'll even clean up the furballs when the doc is finished.

I am going to have a busy weekend...Saturday is our home cross country ski meet, so I am in charge of the lunch after the meet for 250 people! It is also my birthday so we will be having dinner with my mom and dad that evening. I have told everyone that I don't need a thing for my b-day. Last year this time I was SO sure I wouldn't make it to another b-day that just BEING here is a blessing.

SO...I am starting to collect things for the toga party ahead of time....

One of my all time favorites...it wiggles...it's food, it's booze...it's the perfect party snack....

WooHoo
    Deb C
  • AlaskaDeb
    edited February 2007
    OK the first photo didn't work...let's try again....
    JELLO SHOTS

• AlaskaDeb
    edited February 2007
    WooHooo...we got the jello shots all lined up in the fridge...now….let's see what else we will need...who can round up some cute boys in really short togas?? We will need enough of those to go around...and maybe a few spares in case someone gets tooooo tired.

we will need a new clean trashcan to make purple punch.

Someone needs to steal us a keg or two…I don’t drink beer…makes me fart, so I’ll stick to the punch, but I know a few sisters who like a cold frothy beer…or 2….

we need some soft chairs for all of our sisters recovering from surgeries and treatments this week.

We need a BIG dance floor and a great band. Who is free this weekend??? Is Otis Day still alive???

Hmmmmm this will take teamwork…

Big hugs
    Deb C
  • newvickie
    newvickie Member Posts: 2,941
    edited February 2007
    Morning ladies...gotta hurry and get ready for work.
    Deb...wow girl you are on a roll...I'll see what I can swipe for our party...it's going to be the biggest one yet! Cheri and Madison, come watch my back ladies.

NS...I'll be there holding your hand and whispering furballs furballs furballs in your ear the whole time. Just relax and imagine all the wagons circling you. Hugs and love to you.

Karen...I had my lucky stuff when I went for surgery too but couldn't take them in the OR so my sister took my special necklace that my daughter sent me and put it in my sock! It was there the whole time and no one knew. Will be holding your hand and do like we told NS...we will be there, just imagine us all circling you to keep you safe.

Mena...Is your son's surgery today? We will be with you and him too. Did you also schedule the lobotomy LOL!

Gotta run...can't be late today!

Know this ladies...you are my strength, my hope, my laughter, my sisters and I love you all and you will all be in my mind all day.
    Love and hugs to all
    Vickie
    Sorry Nicki...haven't slept...it's driving me batty!! I guess we can add that to my descripton now too LOL.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 2,728
    edited February 2007
    Good Morning Everyone! Ahahaha Vickie#1 has beat me again. Seems Im awake but moving a little slower in the morning. Eyes and head feel a little foggy. Thinking it might be from the new Antidepressant Im taking. PCP told me to take it at night as it might make me sleepy.

Im also having nightmares all of a sudden. Had another one last night, dont remember too much and what I do remember is too icky to talk about. It was one of those dreams you have right before you wake up - so I think that might be why Im so tired this morning. When I made coffee I put a couple of extra teaspoons of grounds in. So Im expecting to be bright eyed very soon.

There is so much going on today, I just cant believe it. Many of our sisters need us today.

Susan: Hoping each day is getting better. And keep usig that dang walker until physical therapy says to stop.

NS: Its finially here. TGIF for more than one reason. Im glad the core is early - just get it over with. Im so hoping they numb you, they numbed me for mine and it didnt hurt. Anyways, Distorted Humor is all saddled up. We both just went around the wagon circle - oh our poor sisters who were sleeping soundly. We opened each door and yelled WAKE UP, ITS TIME TO GO. Oh and then we also have so many on the magic carpet. Tell that radiologist to behave or he will feel me knock him across the back of his head. And since Im invisible he will be wondering what the heck hit him.

Karen: Good timing. We will have just enough time to go with NS in Florida and then fly away to Denver. I just hate afternoon surgery times. Congratulations on 1yr anniversary. The day that changed our lives forever. Sorry about your dad. The one thing Ive learned is to understand you need to see the whole picture. Wouldnt ya just love to read your dads medical records? Anyways, Im trusting that the doctors know more than us lol.

Another dear sister Pepper is having surgery today for Ca of Ovary. She doesnt come to the circle much but is well known throughout these boards. Im wishing her good luck today as I know she must be pretty darn scared.

Vickie#1: You are such a party animal. And my goodness, put you, DebC and Madison in the same room. Toga party sounds like fun. Hoping your feeling better and you have a great day.

CherylG! Oh it was so good to hear from you. Glad your back and ready to rock and roll.

Margaret: Now WW chile sounds good.

DebC: TOGA! TOGA! Please save the blue jello shots for me.

Tracey: Man oh man, Im so glad the lymph node is not swollen anymore. You must have been fighting some infection. Just glad things are better. Do you have to work this week-end?

CY: Oh my goodness, congratulations. Im so glad you got good test results. Whew!

Christine: I hope you are a good driver. Forget who was driving last time, but the ladies said it was one heck of a ride. Distorted Humor and I will be riding right along side you.

Amy: Call me fickle, but Ive already changed my mind about a name for the chickens or ducks. "BB Queen" for BC board queen. And I walked with a little bit of soul!

Looking for Judy, Vickie#2, and Anne. Hoping all is going well.

My goodness, I finished early today. I just want you all to know - you mean very much to me. And for most of us - well TGIF!

See ya all later

Nicki
  • newvickie
    edited February 2007
    Nicki...not sure but I think the antidepressants can cause nightmares...I have either nightmares or strange unsettling dreams every night. Don't know if it's a side effect that will go away but I certainly hope so!
    Hugs and good morning
    Vickie
  • [Deleted User]
    edited February 2007
    Hey Vickie#1, Im sure its the new antidepressant. The foggy head is finially leaving me but in exchange I might have a caffeine buzz. I sure hope these dreams dont have any meaning to them at all!!

Breakfast! OK for those who are dieting, or thinking of dieting (like me) we have to have a good breakfast and eat small healthy snacks during the day. This morning Ive got scrambled eggs. Sauteed some garlic first and then cooked the eggs. Have some without garlic for those who dont like it. They are nice and fluffy! Also have a big bowl of fruit. In the citrus mood so we have orange slices, grapefruit slices, and then threw in some pineapple and cherries. Marinating in pineapple juice all morning. Have whipped cream for those who want it.

Oh and we have really strong coffee this morning.

Nicki
  • SheriH
    SheriH Member Posts: 472
    edited February 2007
    My thoughts and prayers are with so many of you having surgery or procedures today! Swing that carpet over to Kentucky and I'll hop on. We have our first snow day today!!!!!! Of course, now that I watched the news to find out I'm wide awake and can't go back to sleep. Oh, well, I have lots to do.

Onc appt was fine, still anemic. They had run tests on my blood to find out if there is a reason why, and there really isn't any. So, still getting my monthly aranesp shots. I'm still seeing my onc every 3 months and it's been three years. He said I'm high risk, so doesn't want to take any chances. I guess that's good in a way.

Didn't get any info about my son's blood test for mono. I'm going to call the dr later. How long does it take to get results? He went to school yesterday, but is off today because of snow.

I'm working on my taxes. Hopefully it will help us get back on track. I was surprised my medical didn't add up to enough to matter. I'm going to go through my files again and double check.

Nicki, I have my coffee, but wish it was stronger. I definitely want some of your breakfast, too.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited February 2007
    Sheri! Dang a snow day. Boy I wish I had one. Dont feel like going to work today, but cant call in sick. Its very cold here 8 degrees and the week-end is gonna be colder.

Oh and I went to Starbucks, got you a double, now if that doenst wire you lol what will.

Hope you have a good day. When is your port removal?

Nicki
  • SheriH
    SheriH Member Posts: 472
    edited February 2007
    Feb. 15 is the big day. Onc verified it was good to go--yeah. It's going to be under local anathesia. That part I'm not looking forward to.

I'll take the double, sounds wonderful.
  • MargaretB
    MargaretB Member Posts: 771
    edited February 2007
    CY, did you like Grey's Anatomy? That's great news moving out of the high risk category.

Christine, we need to stop and see Karen too before our flight ends.

Karen, we're thinking of you today. I received my dx about two weeks before my 50th birthday. I alway said I wanted a boob job and a tummy tuck but I never imagined this would be the way I would get it. Happy birthday to me.

Deb, I know I will forget tomorrow so I'll say it now - Happy Birthday. Have fun at that party.

Vickie and Nicki, you're good at getting things so we'll let you get the boys in togas, trashcan, keg, soft chairs, and big dance floor, and band.

Nicki, I'm coming for breakfast and some strong coffee. I didn't sleep very well last night so at 3 thi morning I said a prayer for all our sisters haing surgery today.

Pepper, you don't come here often but you're thought of today too.

Sheri, glad the onc. appt. went well. I think it's good that your dr. is proactive.

NS, Christine is doing a good job of driving the carpet, at least no rolling so I can type this.

Everyone I missed, hugs and we'll catch up later.

Margaret
  • Madison
    Madison Member Posts: 859
    edited February 2007
    Morning All,

Typing this in cyperspace, on a laptop, connected to the BIG wireless connection, CAUSE we are all on the magic carpet this morning...

NS, first thought this morning when I opened my eyes, were prayers for you...

Karen, second thought...prayers for you...

Pepper is having surgery, we need to lift her up also,

Mena, Susan, we are going to visit.

Hugs to everyone.

Madison
  • Naniam
    Naniam Member Posts: 586
    edited February 2007
    Morning everyone. Marsha welcome. Vickie2, I've been here off and on since the beginning of the circle. It keeps growing and sometimes people "move on" and don't come to the board quite as much. I don't post as much but love to check on everyone.

Amy, my brother sent me an e-mail and had pictures of an albino deer - I believe it was in Texas and they found a home for the deer in a zoo. I used to live where we had quite a few albino squirrels and they were beautiful.
    Think this little fellow should be called "snowflake"

Brenda
  • Naniam
    edited February 2007
    NS, you should be in the procedure at this point. Keeping you close in heart, sending lots of prayers. Were you surprised when you saw all of us in the waiting room to give you a hug before you went back and then us chanting
    FURBALLS, FURBALLS? Did they ask you what the "Furballs" was all about.

Karen, where they surprised to see all of us waiting on you too and giving you hugs and support?

When we checked in on Susan, even though she was doped up, we had that girl laughing and told her we would send her Magic Carpet back to pick her up on discharge - That was fun riding that carpet.

Whew, we have had a busy morning. I think it is time to get out the Chocolate Fountain today! It is time to endulge a bit - Vicki where is that fountain? It is Friday.

Big Mama say lets have some fun!!

For Gina, Karen, Susan, Robbie and others that I didn't take notes and for all the NEW Circle Girls. This is us - we stand together; we reach out to others that are hurting from this diagnosis, treatment, the scars and emotions, recurring problems that we encounter.

Love to everyone, Brenda

• Naniam
    edited February 2007
    Sorry, I posted these in the wrong circle thread and had to delete, redo and move them here. Will catch up on all the other news later. I am Sooooo late!

Brenda
  • ArmyNavyMom
    ArmyNavyMom Member Posts: 134
    edited February 2007
    Toga! Toga!

Next decision - what are we going to dip in the chocolate fountain? Not that I'm opposed to sticking my face right on in!

Thanks to all who were thinking of my and my DH on Wed. Our lawyer said all went well, now we wait for final paperwork. At least it essentially appears to be over!

I do have to ask if someone would mind explaining about the "Furballs", please. I jumped in here midstream and I don't understand.

Better get to work, I really ought to learn some self-control and only get onto this list from home. But y'all are TOO much FUN!

Anne
  • Madison
    edited February 2007
    Hi Anne (ArmyNavyMom)I am an Air Force Mom (daughter should be home on leave Sunday). We do have fun and we don't usually learn self-control.

The "Furballs" chant for NS is another way of saying B9, which is another way of saying there will no of that C word.

Okay everyone, I am getting the Toga I made a few years ago from the box under the bed so we can TOGA-TOGA. (No mirrors at our party PLEASE cause I don't want to see what it looks like on the ole bod).

DebC, can we start the jello shots early?

Vickie, my dear, I got your back, so you can borrow anything you want.

Madison
  • newvickie
    edited February 2007
    Hmmm...maybe a magic mirror?
    I'm all for starting the jello shots early! Open that fridge Deb dear as we are on our way!
    Hi Anne and welcome...seems I missed meeting you somewhere along the line! We can dip ANYTHING in the fountain and I have a few verrry good ideas LOL!
    Come along Madison...I do believe there is a magic mirror at Disney World. shhh...
  • newvickie
    edited February 2007
    I swiped the magic mirror...I do believe that Madison got waylayed by Goofy so I may have to go back and rescue her.
    In this mirror we all look exactly like we dream we look so enjoy all (even though you are all beautiful without a magic mirror!!! remember...only beautiful women get bc)
  • Odalys
    Odalys Member Posts: 929
    edited February 2007
    Just dropped in for a second to send my love, thoughts and prayers to all CG's who are having surgery or procedures today. God be with you.
    Later.....
  • TeddyJudy
    TeddyJudy Member Posts: 48
    edited February 2007
    Just popped in to say HI...... Will read everyone's posts later.

G ~ Hope all goes well at doc's today. Let us know.

Hit my Goal - Wanted to lose 10 pounds by today (started dieting on 1/2/07.) Lost 10.5 pounds, 20 more to go before Hawaii in April.

Take care all and lots of hugs for now.
    Judy
  • Madison
    edited February 2007
    Vickie,

I'm coming. You are right, Goofy noticed a kindred spirit and just started talking....

But I broke free from Goofy, I just have to hide from Dopey.

Madison
  • LauraB
    LauraB Member Posts: 71
    edited February 2007
    I popped in myself....I'm not going to bore everyone with the ugly details---and it's getting uglier by the day!

A girlfriend sent this...just had to share!

Subject: Words Women Use

1.) FINE : This is the word women use to end an argument when they are right and you need to shut up.

2.) FIVE MINUTES : If she is getting dressed, this means a half an hour.. Five Minutes is only five minutes if you have just been given five more minutes to watch the game before helping around the house.

3.) NOTHING : This is the calm before the storm. This means something, and you should be on your toes. Arguments that begin with nothing usually end in fine.

4.) GO AHEAD : This is a dare, not permission.. Don't Do It!

5) LOUD SIGH : This is actually a word, but is a non-verbal statement often misunderstood by men. A loud sigh means she thinks you are an idiot and wonders why she is wasting her time stAnding here and arguing with you about nothing. (Refer back to #3 for the meaning of nothing.)

6.) THAT'S OKAY : This is one of the most dangerous statements a women can make to a man. That's okay means she wants to think long and hard before deciding how and when you will pay for your mistake.

7.) THANKS : A woman is thanking you, do not question, or Faint. Just say you're welcome.

8.) WHATEVER : Is a women's way of saying F@!K YOU!

9.) DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT, I GOT IT : Another dangerous statement, meaning this is something that a woman has told a man to do several times, but is now doing it herself. This will later result in a man >asking, "what's wrong", for the woman's response refer to # 3.

Send this to the men you know, to warn them about arguments they can avoid if they remember the terminology.

Send this to all the women you know to give them a good laugh, cause they know its true!
  • nosurrender
    nosurrender Member Posts: 737
    edited February 2007
    Checking in before I crash...

I am home. You all made an awful lot of noise in the waiting room! And what's up with Distorted Humor and Mazer?? GET A ROOM you two! I smelled chocolate, vodka, beer, etoufee, cinnamon buns, jello and margaritas....WOW!

She took SEVENTEEN samples, all through three different inscisions in the areola. I asked her if I should be wearing an orange jump suit for this torture... she was cool, this doc would make a great circle girl.

She said the second one looks real bad- but I am not going to listen until the path comes back. The first one was the hardest to get to, the second one was the bad one and the biggest, and the third was the least suspect one.

After she took the samples she put in clips. They had to do a lot of compression because I have a lot of bleeding problems. Then they said- NOW YOU HAVE TO GET A MAMMO! A mammo after that???

I am now home and all the lidocaine has worn off so I am taking tylenol- which I might as well be taking M&Ms-and have an ice pack in my sport top - bra.

I had nightmares all night so I am pretty tired. Going to lay down now. I will try to check in later.

THANK YOU for the hugs and prayers and your support... I was going to bolt when I got there- I really didn't want to go through with it. But Circle Girls don't bolt (unless it is absolutely necessary!)

Karen- I pray you are doing ok!!!

Love,g