Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

TIME TO CIRCLE THE WAGONS GIRLS

Comments

• Sandra1957
    Sandra1957 Member Posts: 1,064
    edited February 2007

I am so laughing at myself right now. I thought the hoochie tent was for hanky panky, not drinking. I swear I've never heard of the term "hootch, or hooch" for liquor. It always meant "loose woman" in my neck of the woods. I was even going to visit it today with my black and sexy toga looking for my DH, of course. Geez, and I'm not even blonde (no offense meant)!

• AlaskaDeb
    AlaskaDeb Member Posts: 1,159
    edited February 2007
    Lini-

You were looking for the hoochie- KOOCHIE tent...totally different thing LOL...although, lots of times after i visit the hoochie tent, I am more prone to head to the hoochie-koochie tent...:)

The hoochie-koochie tent has red lights, feather beds and lots of massage oil. If you are going to use it, make sure you hang the "do Not Disturb" sign on the door....

Deb C
  • AlaskaDeb
    edited February 2007
    Has anyone heard from Karen yet on how her surgery went?? Or how Mena's son is doing? There was someone else having something today but my addled little brain can't remember who....

Deb C
  • AlaskaDeb
    edited February 2007
    My brain kicked into gear...it was Pepper that was also having surgery. Anyone hear from her? I'm gong to have to start a scorecard to keep track of all of you!!

Deb C
  • SheriH
    SheriH Member Posts: 472
    edited February 2007
    I can't wait for this toga party. I'm wearing a body suit under my toga for two reasons. One, to make my body look better and two, to keep warm. It's pretty cold in our neck of the woods. Maybe a couple of jello shooters will warm me up.

NS, I can't believe they didn't give you something more for the pain. 17! When I had my biopsy I only had 4 samples taken. You are a trooper!

I wish I could be asleep when they take out my port. They put mine in at the same time as my mastectomy, so it didn't seem like such a big deal at the time. My surgeon keeps telling me that taking it out is no big deal. I'm planning on working the next day. I almost thought I'd go to work afterwards, but the surgeon said I probably shouldn't drive, so I'll have my dh take me home.

I love the dwarves. I think I could be all of them.
  • newvickie
    newvickie Member Posts: 2,941
    edited February 2007
    Hi all...just had to stop swiping for the party and check in with everyone.
    Madison...just remember...psycho dwarf is following me around (think he's trying to steal my Xanex LOL...only took one today!!!well...so far)
    DEB...YOUR BIRTHDAY IS TOMORROW!!! WOO HOO. A toga party in your honor.
    NS...dear sweet girl. I truly hope you are feeling ok. Or as ok as you can with what you are going through. Wrap yourself in that magic afghan and feel the love and remember that we are whispering "we love you".

Geez...you guys are flying tonight. I had to stop and finish dinner...help Nathaniel "grow" crystals and I came back to a ton of new posts.

Hey Lini...we need a hoochie koochie tent LOL...I love that idea. I can picture you now in your toe socks and sexy nighty lounging in the hoochie koochie tent! Now I expect you to stick around this weekend as its toga party time in the circle.

Thanks for watching my back Cheri...Madison brought back the seven dwarves and I suspect Goofy is hanging around somewhere. Imagine them all in toga's.

Mena's son (and Mena)...Susan...PepperB...Karen...hope you are all doing well. Miss you all here.

Cy...massage for your scars? No one told me that!!! Thanks.

Baldeagle...plenty of red shooters to go around. We never run out here.
    Oh my I have some work to get done if we are going to have some music for our toga party...any requests?
    Missed so very many girls and I'm sorry...tired still from this nasty (now past) strep throat...ewwww.
    I love ya all
    Vickie
  • newvickie
    edited February 2007
  • neesie
    neesie Member Posts: 1,110
    edited February 2008
    I'm with you Lini............I thought Hoochie was "all about SEX"...............Either we have dirty minds or we are aging ourselves!!
    Hugs,
    Denise
  • neesie
    edited February 2008
    Laurie, Glad you posted the Women's meanings. I received it a couple weeks ago but couldn't figure out how to pass it on! My favorite word has become "Whatever!"
    Judy, I'm about even with you. 10 pounds off since Jan. 02, 20 to go by mid April before we go to Arizona. Good luck!
    Denise
  • neesie
    edited February 2008
    Just doing a quick check in to see how all of the CG'S are doing after their procedures today. (and those who's kids were having surgery.)
    NS...I'm still chanting B9. Hope you can get a good nights sleep.
    Hope all went well with everyone, I'll check up on some of the post later.
    Hugs and Sweet Dreams,
    Denise
  • Madison
    Madison Member Posts: 859
    edited February 2007
    Vickie, I think I may have to loan my pink elephants to everyone tonight. Those jello shots are going mighty fast. I just chased my jello shot with a glass of Shiraz.

Madison
  • Biker54
    Biker54 Member Posts: 1,042
    edited February 2007
    OMG!!! My last post was the top of page 200. I can't catch up!! I' m so sorry!

"G" - I am thinking of you tonight. If not furballs, we are with you 100% girlfriend. I am still chanting furballs, though. You are a strong, beautiful woman. Whatever the outcome, you know we will be here for you!! You are strong, you are invincible, you are WOMAN!!

I have been in the hoochie tent too long. Oh, Amy, I think your rooster should be named Foghorn Leghorn. Has anyone said that yet? Heehee!

Where's the toga party?? Can I come naked??? I've missed so much.

I have to go now. DH and I are having computer wars and he is winning for now!

Love and hugs to Nicki, Vickie, Cheri, Laura, Shel, Shirley, Colleen, and others I have missed
  • newvickie
    edited February 2007
    OK LADIES...THE SONG OF THE WEEKEND!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7G1-IR2rrU
  • Madison
    edited February 2007
    Before the pink elephants begin their dance, thanks for the update on Susan. I hope she goes home tomorrow and can talk to us.

Susan, we miss you.

Still no update on Pepper, Karen, Mena's son?

NS, still thinking about you. Do you want us to send some of my pink elephants to keep you entertained tonight? I have a good friend that can "borrow" anything we need.

Madison
  • SheriH
    SheriH Member Posts: 472
    edited February 2007

Perfect! Now that looks like fun.

• Madison
    edited February 2007
    Oh Yea Vickie, I like it...the song of the week.

Toga, toga, toga

M
  • Sandra1957
    edited February 2007

Thanks Vickie. The clips are perfect. Forget all about Shout!! Having a great time!!!

• newvickie
    edited February 2007
    Pink elephants flying off to see our dear NS

Love ya honey...be well...chanting still!
  • newvickie
    edited February 2007
    And an elephant for our circle...when I swipe...I swipe BIG!!
  • Boo46
    Boo46 Member Posts: 261
    edited February 2007
    Wow too many posts since I've been here! Only read the last couple pages so I'm sure I'm missing tons of stuff.

NS - OUCH What a tough visit. Hope you're getting some well deserved comfortable rest tonight.

Deb- Toga Party! Never been to one before but I do like jello shots.

Vicki - Love the dwarves.

Michele - I feel your pain. During chemo I had lots of problems. Haven't been to a proctologist. One of the many things I know I should do but choose to avoid.

Liz - Hope your back feels better soon.

Nicki - Oh do I remember those Chicago winters. I feel for you. My family and friends in Chi. are all going nut about the Bears too. I miss the excitement. Will be screaming for them down here too. GO BEARS!!!!!
    Congrats on getting your port out. I had mine removed under IV anestesia and it was the easiest thing I've had done this past year.

Susan Hope your doing ok.

I had my first post treatment visit with my med. onc. this week. Felt like I was in panic mode before it. No real reason other than whenever I walk into the oncology clinic my brain does not want to accept the fact I have to be there. Anyway visit went well and now I will just be monitored every 4 months. Being stage 3 and haveing no further treatments available because I'm trip. neg. is not making this a real easy time for me. I know I should be happy but I'm just plain scared.

hugs to all
    Save me some shots.
    Sue
  • newvickie
    edited February 2007
    (((Sue)))...those follow ups are never easy. Mine was a couple of weeks ago and I was in panic mode too. It is so stressful to just walk into that office...it all comes rushing back.

Jan...naked at a toga party...sure, why not...we were skinny dipping in the ocean!
    My toga is maroon lace and I have a white bikini underneath with my heehee "falsies"!! Can I use the couch Deb...mighty tired!
    Madison, Sheri, Lini...glad you liked the clips...I forgot all about "Shout" too!!! It's just perfect.
    Gonna go find a sexy doc for NS.
  • lizws
    lizws Member Posts: 789
    edited February 2007
    Oh I love elephants! LOL

Vickie, yep you are so good at this.

Sue, stay around here. These girls are wonderful helping us with fears/worries.

Nicki, thought I had edited my post before you could read it. DH says no GI bleed etc. I honestly don't know what's going on and am not asking anymore since no one seems to know either. Drives me batty!

Need to go find a toga outfit.

BBL

Hugs
    Liz
  • newvickie
    edited February 2007
    Here you go NS...all for you. Although I suspect you would rather have Bruce this guy at least has good meds!!!
    Love
    Vickie
  • AlaskaDeb
    edited February 2007
    WooHooo!! Otis Day is here!Thanks Vickie...I'm off to make more jello shots...there has been a lot of snarfin' going on in the fridge. I think the pink elephants might have been into the jello shots. At least I'm blaming it on them....(burp)

Deb C
  • newvickie
    edited February 2007
    Hiccup...yup it's those darn pink elephants (and I suspect the dwarves too!)
    Any more song requests before I fall off my chair...or couch or whatever it is I'm sitting on....
  • newvickie
    edited February 2007
    Built us a big bonfire to dance and sing "shout" around...and yes Jan you can dance naked...no men allowed!
    We should probably be doing some howling at the moon too...if we're gonna be crazy we may as well go all out!
  • baldeagle
    baldeagle Member Posts: 97
    edited February 2007
    Sheri and Niki and you other port ladies
    I had mine out with just a local where they opened a slit to slide it out. No pain. Had it put in with a local as well (now that I might not do again). However, on the way out the damn port hit a nerve and I passed out. Took hours to feel OK. Here SOP is to make you wait in recovery for 3 hours to make sure there is no bleeding. Just a heads up re how long to expect to be tied up.
    Niki, I can't see the pre-op stuff and all of that for you. Wonder what the big deal is?
    NS - special prayers for furballs.
    Anyway, I am off to party. Have a smashing blue toga to math my eyes and am heading to the fridge for another scooter. Deb, keep them coming.
    jeannette
  • newvickie
    edited February 2007
    Ok ladies...off to bed for this party girl.
    Toga party all weekend though so look out!

OT...I was leaving for work this morning and just about to turn off the tv...cnn was on and I heard about the terrible tornado's in Lake County Florida. Well my DD lives there and I tried calling her and could'nt reach her. Flew to work and called her work and she was there...thank God. She just called...has worked all day and said they spent the day sending out relief supplies and the destruction is just unbelievable. She said there were families with children walking the streets with no where to go...looking lost and shell shocked. She said it is all so very very sad. Saying a little prayer for our Florida sisters tonight...if you are in that area...you are in my thoughts and I hope you are safe. If you need anything...pm me and I can get a hold of my daughter.

Good night sweet sisters and love all around...pass me another shooter Deb!
    Love
    Vickie
  • dash
    dash Member Posts: 173
    edited February 2007
    Hey circle ladies,
    I have been saving this email from the Daily Om website and keep forgetting to post it--it just reminded me of the wagon circle you all have here and thought I'd share...

January 9, 2007
    The Whole Is Greater
    Women’s Circles
    Women’s circles are formal or informal gatherings in the interest of bonding, sharing energy, and creating ritual. The origins of women’s circles are ancient, but their applications are as modern as the women who participate in them. There are no hard and fast rules as to how to form a women’s circle or how to run one. Some circles invent their own agendas, rituals, goals, and ceremonies, while others borrow ideas from sources as far-ranging as Buddhist or Native American cultures. Some circles are open to new members at all times, while others prefer to practice with a set number of members, closing the circle once that number is reached.

In a typical gathering, the women who are present sit in a circle. Generally, for the sake of cohesiveness, one woman is chosen to lead the circle each time. Allowing a different woman to lead each meeting allows for a multi-perspective approach to the process. One circle leader may choose to create and teach a ritual involving using the voice to release negative energy, while at the next meeting another leader may feel inspired to lead a silent meditation. On the other hand, a circle may choose to be more focused over the long term and gather around a particular intention, such as working together to determine a course for healing Mother Earth. When the healing feels complete, the women may choose to stay together with a new focus for their work, or the circle may disband.

At their best, women’s circles perfectly illustrate the idea that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. The work that can be accomplished within the loving embrace of our sisters is far more powerful than what we could achieve on our own. If you are not already part of a circle, you may want to start one. Follow your intuition as to the women with whom you’d like to work, reach out to them, and set a date to begin. After that, you can simply allow the circle to create itself. Men need not be forgotten when it comes to circles and they, too, can come together to form their own circles and create strong bonds and healing in a way that is specific to all men.

http://www.dailyom.com/articles/2007/6543.html

Hugs and good wishes,
    Holly
  • Sandra1957
    edited February 2007
    Quote:

At their best, women’s circles perfectly illustrate the idea that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. The work that can be accomplished within the loving embrace of our sisters is far more powerful than what we could achieve on our own.

Thanks Holly! Perfect description of our Sisterhood.