Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

TIME TO CIRCLE THE WAGONS GIRLS

Comments

• 2up
    2up Member Posts: 944
    edited February 2007
    how's the party going girls?

i'll be back later, right now i have to go out into the subarctic weather to pick my dtr up from a dance.

boy do i look silly in my flannels, housecoat, winter coat, mits and my pink (yes pink!)hightops! lol!

i'll check back later!

shel
  • MargaretB
    MargaretB Member Posts: 771
    edited February 2007
    Vickie, I'm so glad your daughter is ok. And the 7 dwarves!

Holly, that certainly describes our circle.

Judy, that's great on the weight loss. Hawaii here you come.

LauraB, hope you are doing ok. Thanks for popping in and letting us knowyou are around.

NS, 17 samples - YOUCH. I'm glad you are home and I hope you can get some sleep tonight. Amy's right, I pictured you as an older woman for the same reason

Deb, I'm trying so hard to stay on my diet but I want a shooter. Can I get a sugar free one?

Lini, you crack me up.

Sue, I don't like my visits every months either - just the thought that I have to be there but I guess it's better to go.

Karen, I hpe you are doing well after your surgery.

Nicki, I'm hoping the bears win for you. Glad you are getting your port out but they are actually putting you out? Mine was taken out in my PS office when he did my nipple and tattooing.

I'm tired after flying around all day today visiting our sisters. I'll try to check back later.

Even if I didn't mention you by name, you know I'm thinking of you.

Margaret
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 1,233
    edited February 2007
    I just love these big parties we have from time to time. It's such a pleasant diversion to the stress of everyday living. Good friends are so hard to find. Ones that will hold your hair out of your face as you're throwing up jello shots, pick up the chairs you knock over as you stumble back to your table, tell you how well you keep your balance while you dance on a 3-legged table singing off key to "We are Family", always tell you no when you ask if your new Toga makes you look fat, and they always take the reins from you so you don't drive drunk!

"We are family, I got all my sistas with me.....

Having a wonderful time glad you are here,
    cheri
  • AlaskaDeb
    AlaskaDeb Member Posts: 1,159
    edited February 2007
    OK girls- someone ordered a POM martini...here it is

ANd some sugarfree jello shots

Who is it under the lampshade???

• AlaskaDeb
    edited February 2007
    Who let the kitty have WAY toooo many jello shots???

• AlaskaDeb
    edited February 2007
    Ladies...I know there is a million reason why it won't work....

We are all short of money
    there are tons of us
    we are so far away from each other
    we all have busy lives

But I REALLY want us to get together FOR REAL. Does anyone have a rich uncle with a private plane??

can you imagine the power of that circle??

Thanks for posting the womens circle article above...i loved it.

Deb C
  • b445
    b445 Member Posts: 980
    edited February 2007
    Well Deb it's already Sat by board time so HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!

NS praying that the pain goes a way soon and glad you're home safe.
    Karen pray that your surgery went well,
    Mena hope your sons surgery went well too I know you're tired but Deb has some awesome jello shots for ya!

Pepper, Thinking of you too and remember I'm only a few hours away if ya need me.

Getting tired so I'm off to bed. I have to get The baby gifts for Janis, (from the Drinking Thread) out in the mail. She gets to pick up Avery on Monday! I'm so excited for her!

Throwing more logs on the fires stay warm and safe!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 2,728
    edited February 2007
    Good Morning Everone: Well I woke up with a headache, not sure if its the jello shots or the Pinot Grigio I had last night - but I do know its from one of them. Seems like this Artic blast is affecting all of us. I mean, its cold out side! Its the kind of cold that burns your forehead and the inside of your nose. So when you wake up, come into my teepee. Aint no way Im going outside.

Vickie: So I left the Toga party last night pretty wiped out and seeing many pink elephants. In fact they were dancing in my dreams. But I do remember singing "shout" and then we also got into some great vocals singing "Gloria" G L O R I A! Gloriaaaaa.

Michelle: I had never heard or seen a beer bong before. Guess thats cause I never drink beer. Never acquired the taste.

Lini: Great songs. Forgot about some of them. Hmmmmm I wondering if only Hoochie Mamas can go to the Hoochie tent. Or the Hoochie-koochie tent. Think I might visit both.

Cheri: Thanks for the update on Susan. Sounds like she is progressing just like she should be. Im glad its over for her. And wow, some great breakfast ideas. Ya know this group is just too hard to please. Healthy vs yummy. But hey its the week-end, and Im not gonna start any dieting until after my port removal. I have lots of differnt things cooking in my teepee. Biscuits and gravy sounded so yummy so I have a batch cooking right now. But I put sausage in the gravy! And Ya know, Ive never tried making grits - but that seemed in order this morning. Also have a big batch of oatmeal cooking. And we have an omelet bar. Made to order. You can pick any ingrediant you want. Mine is gonna be with ham and cheese. But I do have some good veggies for those who are dieting. And its the week-end, so what the heck - have bacon cooking right now and the aroma is making me just about go outta my mind. Nothing smells better than waking up to the aroma of bacon.

And since Im in the cooking mood, I made a big pot of Italian Beef. Its in the slow cooker now. By time we eat it, the beer will be so tender! And a pot of chili too. So we can just stay warm and eat at our leisure.

Sherloc: Glad you having a great time with your grand children. Hoping the scan goes well on Monday.

Jeanette: 3 hours in post op recovery? OMG, It makes sense, but I never thought about that. Im thinking maybe they do things differently because we each have different ports. Seems to me my surgeon is making a big deal about this, but I have trusted him through this whole journey. My poor husband will go nuts if I have to be there 3 hours. And so will I.

CherylG: Hi! good to see ya

DebC: That picture of the kitty over the toilet was just too much. Im still laughing here.

Sheri: My port comes out this coming Thursday. Im taking a 4 day week-end. Im not anticipating alot of pain, but Im sure theres gonna be some discomfort and I drive alot. So I will treat myself like a little princess for 4 days.

Adrionna: Congratulations on your weight loss. Keep up the good work.

Jan: After all the wine I had last night, somehow seeing your avatar made my headache worse lol. I swear, I swear I will not drink that much wine again.

Sue (boo) I remember my first visit to the onc when chemo was over. It gave me the creeps. But then I also felt liberated cause I didnt have to go to the chemo room. I think it is normal to be scared. In fact I know its normal. There is so much literature on how difficult it is for us when treatment is over.

Liz: Darn! I was sure hoping it was a GI bleed. Dont ya just wish you could get your hands on your FIL chart? Then you would know whats going on.

Holly: Hi! So good to see you here in the circle. And the post on the "Womens Circle" was awesome.

Margaret: Yep! They are giving me IV anesthesia. I asked if it would just make me feel in lala land, but still be awake, and they said nope. I will be out. Like I mentioned earlier. I wonder if I have a different port than others. This is creepy. I am having to go to the same place and same procedures, just like my surgery. Only difference is I wont be admitted. Even have to go for preop testing on Monday!

Shel: Im laughing at the pink high tops. And do you remember when you got busted when we saw the picture of you wearing pink nail polish.

And since we started talking about pink, I see lini running away, dust flying in the air behind her.

Karen: I hope your doing ok after the surgery. I just realized we wont be able to hear from you cause you wont be able to type. Glad the surgery is over.

NS: Hope you had a restful night. I always have a stock of Darvocet for whatever or whenever I need it. Ya know I dont remember how many biopsies they took from me. Its seemed like alot, but I dont know how many.

Hmmmm is Saturday. Think I might just go back to bed for a bit. See ya all later.

Nicki
  • purplehaze66
    purplehaze66 Member Posts: 49
    edited February 2007
    good morning all!

WOW that was a great martini! thanks Deb and happy birthday!
    I hope everyone has a good day and stay warm in Nicki's Teepee. it is brutal out there!

I am off to work. see you gals later!!!!!
  • newvickie
    newvickie Member Posts: 2,941
    edited February 2007
    Good morning Nicki and all!
    Bitterly cold here too...my windows are frozen and you can't see outside. Had nasty snow last night and the roads got really bad so I'm glad I was partying with all of you. I'm grabbing a jello shooter for breakfast before braving the cold with my sister to get groceries. Wonder if Wal-Mart will let me in in my toga...wait...where's my toga? hmmm...Dopey has been following me around looking for Xanex (which I refuse to share LOL)...bet he's wearing my toga.
    Here's one for you Nicki
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1Qgsn0U340

Happy Birthday Alaska Deb!!
    Here's one for you!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeypOvsY91Q

Hey Cheri and all
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7923099391866663545&q=we+are+family&hl=en

Ok...lets see...hugs to all, Shel, Sheri, Madison, Donna, Denise, Carrie, Lini, Margaret, Holly, LauraB, Colleen, Anne, Mena, MB, Tracey, Odalys, Alwayshope, Vickie2, Texas, Amy,....awww...everybody!
    Gotta get in the shower and get ready to brave the cold.
    Toga toga toga
    Love ya all
    Vickie
  • newvickie
    newvickie Member Posts: 2,941
    edited February 2007
    Sweet Cheri came up with a great idea for Deb's birthday...check out the Happy Birthday Alaska Deb thread and join the fun.
    Thanks Cheri!!!
  • purplehaze66
    purplehaze66 Member Posts: 49
    edited February 2007
    Vicki how do find this stuff??? So great!!!!!!

ok now i really need to go!!!!!
    good thoughts to all today!!
  • [Deleted User]
    edited February 2007
    Vickie: What can I say? Im totally shocked. I cant believe you figured it out. "Big Yellow Taxi" by Joni Mitchell. I cant believe that was 37 years ago! It sured sounded pretty echoing in the otherwise quiet house this morning. When I changed my signature, I want to say "Dont it always seem to go you dont know what you got til its gone" but it was too long. So I settled for Pave Paradise Put Up A Parking Lot. I have saved it. Gonna listen to it all day and every morning when I wake up. You are amazing..

Michelle: Have a great day and I hope you dont have to work too hard today.

Gonna go check out the Birthday thread. BBL

Nicki
  • Gus
    Gus Member Posts: 177
    edited February 2007
    Good morning ladies,

Haven't posted here in while, but I wanted to drop in and wish a very happy birthday to Deb! Here's to many, many more birthdays and to a never-ending supply of jello shots!

Also, to NS, I'm still praying that you are the first lady to have had a furball biopsied! Seriously, though, whatever it is, we are here with you!

Ok, now I need to go get a cup of coffee and go back a read a few pages so that I can check in with everyone else!

By the way, I've noticed that there are several people named Susan in the Wagon Circle. I'm starting to think that the name alone is a risk factor for BC! Maybe I'll change my name to something more original...how about Fallon?

Love and hugs to you all,
    Sue
  • MargaretB
    MargaretB Member Posts: 771
    edited February 2007
    Morning all. I have to figure out how to get pictures and animated jpegs to post.

Deb, is that Oprah's recipe for a pom martini? I've always wanted to try it. And thanks for thinking of me with the sugarfree jello shots. And Happy Birthday.

Nicki, what's Italian beef? Sign me up for the biscuits and gravy....my favorite besides eggs benedict. I have to eat the biscuits and gravy when hubby isn't around.

Vickie, I just checked the links - thanks for getting my morning going right. Oh, and I added a few lines to the birthday thread for Deb.

NS, hope you are up and moving around soon.

I've got coffee going and a nice fire so come on over to my wagon anytime.

Margaret
  • [Deleted User]
    edited February 2007
    Margaret! Italian Beef. Take a nice roast. put holes in it and stuff the holes with garlic and parsley. Season the roast with salt and pepper. Cook it in the oven. Add other seasoning to taste. Oregeno, Italian Seasoning. Add some low sodium beef stock and baste the roast while its cooking. When done, take the roast out, cut very thin slices - put in slow cooker with the juice from it cooking and there ya have it. Italian Beef! You can eat it in a sandwich or all alone. Very good. Also have sauteed green peppers to go with it.

Nicki
  • Boo46
    Boo46 Member Posts: 261
    edited February 2007
    Morning,

Happy birthday Deb. Hope you do something fun for yourself today.
    Love the poem threads. I tried to add some lines but I've never been a poet.
    OMG Italian beef. Your making this ex Chi girl crazy with that memory. That is one thing we just can't find down here.
    Can I come for lunch? Pretty please!
    Hope everyone stays warm today. In Tampa it's not too cold but nasty and raining out. Good excuse to not go walking again.
    To all the ladies recovering from surg. hope your feeling better.
    Sue
    PS yes there is a few Sues and Susans on this thread. I will answer to Boo if it makes things less confusing. It was a childhood nickname.
  • Madison
    Madison Member Posts: 859
    edited February 2007
    Morning All

I am in the "hung over" tent. Wow, Deb, those jello shots were powerful. Happy Birthday dear friend.

I would LOVE to have a get together with everyone. I don't have a rich uncle, but have thought of saving a little each month and calling it my "circle girl fund" and knowing one day it will have enough funds to fly and visit....

NS, thinking of you.

Vickie, thank goodness your daughter is okay. My dd was here last night and mentioned the horrible storms in Floriday and asked if my sister was okay (she lives in Winter Park). She is okay, but many lost everything.

Now Vickie, those pink elephants were very loud last night. Even dh couldn't figure out what all the noise was coming from the bedroom I locked those critters in.

Nicki, hang on..one more day and Da Bears will be on the field...

Boo, how are you? Boo is the same nickname my dh calls his little sister (well not little anymore, but you know what I mean). I like it.

HUGS To EVERY CIRCLE GIRL,

Madison

I have to see if I can move those pink elephants out of the extra bedroom and down the stairs before dh suspects anything out of the ordinary is happening......
  • CherylG
    CherylG Member Posts: 85
    edited February 2007
    Hey DebC
    Love the idea of a get together
    The Rocktober girls are meeting Aug 24-25-26 in Chicago ...
    there are people from Australia (Paula) and Israel (Ravdeb) going to that one!
    You are right .... there are so many reasons not to ... but there are also so many reasons we should!
    Why don't we see if we can organize something ... just make it long enough from now for us all to "get it together"
    I would love to help get something like that going.
    Whaddya think girls??
  • silvergirl9114
    silvergirl9114 Member Posts: 310
    edited February 2007

I think it's a great idea! Have mentioned such a get together in passing a few times but nobody jumped on it. So let's JUMP ON IT!

• christineK
    christineK Member Posts: 735
    edited February 2007
    Hi CG's
    Quick "fly by" on the carpet. I am dead tired from traveling from one coast to the other. I am hoping everyone is home and safe & sound by now. I know NS is at home, but do I still need to p/u Susan? She's close, so I can be there in a flash.

NS- I always rely on Tylenol, after my tram surgery the pain killers almost killed me, from constipation! Hope you are feeling better today and the bruising and swellig is at a minimum.
    Any word on Pepper's surgery?
    I haven't done jello shots or gone to a Toga party, since the 1980's. Thanks for the sugar-free ones.
    Vicki#1- I think since I have been on the effoxor, my dreams are so vivid and nightly!
    Off to work for awhile, have a great day!
  • nosurrender
    nosurrender Member Posts: 737
    edited February 2007
    I missed the toga party!
    Well, I don't know where I would have put my ice pack under my toga anyway!
    I am a bit black and blue this morning. It still hurts so I am icing it.
    I was wearing a tight sports top to help with the compression but had to change to a looser one because it was giving me LE on the bad side!
    THANK YOU for everything. I really did feel the love!
  • silvergirl9114
    silvergirl9114 Member Posts: 310
    edited February 2007
    G--
    You can't get off that easy---the toga party lasts all weekend. We'll put you on one of those reclining dining couches the Romans used and we'll feed you grapes (marinated in champagne).

Relax and rest this weekend. Don't forget I'm just about 5 hours away too if you need a sister. I'd even try to figure out how to drive thru NYC and get onto LI for you! (NYC---just about the only place in the world I refuse to drive unless it's around the block waiting for a parking space!)

Jeannie
  • lizws
    lizws Member Posts: 789
    edited February 2007
    Hi everyone,

A quick note to let you know I heard from RobinTN.

She’s had a bad case of depression and hasn’t been to the boards this month but said she’s feeling somewhat better. The dreary weather isn’t helping her either. After this next round of chemo, her oncologist is going to do a CT and if things are improving or gone she will be able to stop the chemo. She’ll be on the Avastin or Herceptin the rest of her life which she said she can live with. The chemo is really getting her down. I let her know we’re all thinking of her and miss her.

Will check in with everyone later.

Hugs
    Liz
  • RobinTN
    RobinTN Member Posts: 466
    edited February 2007
    HI all my friend.After a few weeks of wallowing in self pity I am back to the living again.
    Thank you for your thoughts and prayers during my sickness and recovery.The flowers and cards were wonderful.

Happy Birthday AlaskaDeb

I want to go in the hoochie tent sounds like more fun than my body can stand right now but what a way to go

talk to you'all later
  • SheriH
    SheriH Member Posts: 472
    edited February 2007
    It must be a hangover from all those jello shots, but I sure woke up with a headache this morning.

I think you all should come to central Kentucky for a reunion. I'm right in the middle. Hotels are pretty inexpensive and there are some fun little places to visit. I would love to have all of you here!
    Nicki, a 4 day weekend sounds great. I guess I'm still afraid to take too many days off. I don't want anyone to think cancer has kept me from doing my job. I think they realize by now that I'm still capable, it didn't make me disabled in any way. People are so funny.

Two more weeks until opening night. I think it's going to be a good show. We're almost sold out already, can you believe it? The newspaper is taking pictures tomorrow.

Everyone stay warm. More toga tonight? I'm there.

Glad to see you, NS. I'm glad you could come to the party.
  • SheriH
    SheriH Member Posts: 472
    edited February 2007

Robin, I'm so glad to see you! You posted right before me. Sorry you've been down. It's been a tough time for you. Hope your scans come out ok and you can stop the chemo. Maybe you can join No Surrender on the Roman couch during our party.

• snowmen_n_thongs
    snowmen_n_thongs Member Posts: 367
    edited February 2007
    good morning cg's
    just checking in ... my cable is down at home so i couldnt get on last night... at least my work computer is on satilite and i can check in....
    i hope my cable comes on soon i am so lost without you girls...
    nikki i am going to cheer on those bears!!!!!!! whooooohooooo go bears go!!
    have a great day ladies!!!
    tracey
  • Biker54
    Biker54 Member Posts: 1,042
    edited February 2007
    Hi CGs,

I had a little too much vino last night too. Or maybe it was Deb's jello shots! I am still in my toga. It has big gold tassles hanging from it .

Nicki - I,m glad you are getting your port out. Oh, and try not to look at my avatar today .

NS - I hope you are feeling better today. You have been through so much.

I can't linger here too long. We are going to New Jersey to visit DH's brother and his family. It's almost a 2 hour drive, so we must be going.
    Last night I made the best dinner. I put grilled,sliced chicken on a Boboli crust, covered it with Fontina cheese, minced garlic, fresh basil and tomato slices. OMG, it was good!
    Everyone have a great weekend. Go Bears!! Hugs to all I missed, Vickie 1 & 2,Shel, Lini, Sherloc, Amy, Laura, Madison, Christine, Boo, Odalys, and everyone I can't think of right this minute!
  • RobinTN
    RobinTN Member Posts: 466
    edited February 2007
    Sheri
    Good to see you again.I have missed all of my friends here.And hope I dont have anymore absences.
    The roman couch now that sounds interesting.
    Talk to you soon