Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

TIME TO CIRCLE THE WAGONS GIRLS

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 2,728
    edited February 2007
    A big hello to everyone. Husband just went out to get cigs and I thought I would check on NS.

Vickie: your right, in fact the men with white coats are knocking on my door right now!

LaruaB: If you could see me, you would see the total shock of amazement on my face. Shel has given you the best advice. Its sorta of human. Men sometimes want what they cannot have. Put Ray in that position.

Ok! On the run.

Nicki
  • lv2cmp
    lv2cmp Member Posts: 899
    edited February 2007
    Laura, I agree, Shel gave you excellent advice. Ask yourself, do you really want him back? Would you ever trust him? Arent you better than that? We all around the circle know that you are. I know it takes time to understand but one day you will look back on this and realize how much better off you are with out him. Let us circle girls get a hold of him,,,grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! What would feel like if he said ok I do want to stay married? Would he be doing it because he loves you or because he cant afford to live on his own? Dont let guilt bring him back to you!

Nicki-as far as heat, I dont live out at the farm yet. I have my house with full power in the next town over. I have a honda generator and that is how I have built the barn and the 12 X 12 dog palace,,lol. Its a 4 room suite. Power update today though. My parents rode out there today and the power company pulled up about 15 minutes after they got there and started setting the poles so hopefully I am good to go. We will see as soon as I leave work unless SO gets there before me and calls me to give me the update.

NS-I hate you not having a computer! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! I think we hate it worse than you do.

ok gotta run and get my desk clean before I head out.

Amy
  • newvickie
    newvickie Member Posts: 2,941
    edited February 2007
    Ok popping in again quick to check on GINA!!!!!!!
    Oh my...maybe her computer is still done. Still praying FURBALLS.
    Laura...great idea from Shel...she's been there (is there)so she speaks from experience. Let him sweat.
    Nicki...your gonna have to come share my wagon to keep these men in white coats away...we've gotta be here to hear the good news (and it has to be good news!)
    Joy...tell Kevin that we have the magic carpet ready and waiting for tomorrow. We are letting Cheri drive so he'd better be prepared for some fun. She's a little crazy and likes to do loop de loo's so I'm wearing bubble wrap. We will all be there praying for good results and fast healing.
    Deb...I have a dysfunctional family too...glad I found this one!
    Lini Lini Lini...come out and play.
    Hi to Madison...looks like I'm swiping (uhh borrowing) pj's and slippers for this weekend...do they have pj police?
    Hard days at work so I have to go back and play catch up so I'll come back after dinner and talk to you all.
    Hugs and love from VERY cold NY!
    Vickie
  • newvickie
    edited February 2007
    Amy...you snuck in on me...here's hoping you have POWER!! What a great surprise that would be.
    Hugs
    Vickie
  • lv2cmp
    lv2cmp Member Posts: 899
    edited February 2007
    Vickie-bring extra bubble wrap since cheri is driving. Thats a great idea. I have some extra helmets so I will bring them along also. Lets see,,anything else we need? hmmmmmm,,oh yeah maybe we can put a lap bar like the roller coasters have to hold us in.

We are ready Cheri---321 blastofffffffffffffff!

amy
  • snowmen_n_thongs
    snowmen_n_thongs Member Posts: 367
    edited February 2007
    good afternoon ladies...
    day off for me today and feeling a bit under the weather!!
    just poked in to see where ns is as well...
    thinking of you gina....
    [image]image[/image]

[image]image[/image]

gina we are with you girlfriend!!!!
    tracey
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 1,233
    edited February 2007
    Judy, sorry to hear what happened to your step son, shouldn't the bank have cameras & show who it was that used his pin#? Assuming it was used at a bank. Good luck to him.

Nicki, I just love coming over every day & having coffee & breakfast at your house. The hot Malt-o-Meal with the butter,sugar and milk was great. Nobody asked me to delete my posts yesterday i just don't like to read them in wide angle and I didn't want to be the reason others had to view posts like that. Just a glitch i guess. Gosh, I don't know how you post such good,long posts each morning without copy & pasting. I lose my posts if I don't.

Vickie, see what happens when girls just want to have fun?? lol

Joyce, sending up prayers for your son and your family.

Kristin, I do hope you start feeling better. Better safe than sorry, though.

Madison, sorry you're having leg/back pain. Hope you start feeling better.

Brenda, wishing your husband good luck with his back. It's always something, isn't it? Life isn't very fair.

Theresa, maybe your dr can figure our what to do with your pain & swelling. I sure hope so.

Always, hey I appreciated you bringing the post thing to my attention. Even if I'm computer illiterate & didn't have a clue what you meant. lol You were very nice about it by letting me know. I deleted the post just so it wouldn't be wide for others to read cos I don't like reading them in that mode. Plus, I made a new friend.

Happy Birthday Lynn! Hope you had a great day. I think Madison is the one with the back/leg problems, I have a broken ankle. I think you're right to be a little cautious about the mammogram results, I don't think I'd wait another 6 mo. maybe 3. I don't think its anyting for you to worry about but we have to stay up on things.

Amy, lol, oh no offense taken over your comments about my driving the magic carpet. I think those magic keys are better off put in someone elses hands. I just have too much fun with them.

Colleen, glad you're feeling better. The black hole had me one day last week. We all go through it.

NS, is your computer still down or are you avoiding us? Mighty coincidental that you cannot communicte with us right now. Praying all is well.

Mena, you have many good friends here that are asking about you. If you read this, I'll give you a call a bit later.

Hey to Shel,Tracey,Ginney,Vickie2,Margaret,Jan,Laura,Denise,Carrie,Deese, and anyone else I might've missed.
    I'm going to try & post this as usual, if it happens to make it wide,sorry,but I'm leaving it. lol Or maybe not.

best wishes,
    cheri
  • [Deleted User]
    edited February 2007

Post deleted by Melissa & Tami

• 2up
    2up Member Posts: 944
    edited February 2007
    omg you guys..............i have free reign at mac's computer as she is out with her "pathfinder" girls!

soooooo...............hey ya'll, i'm gonna go back and try to catch up around here while i have "peace and quiet"

as much as i dislike "being alone"............once in a while i really enjoy the solitude!
  • 2up
    2up Member Posts: 944
    edited February 2007
    vickie and cheri.............may i just say, i just read that thread.............wtf?

i stayed out of it, since i caused enough of a stir elsewhere over the weekend............but, WTF???????????

that thread is just plain "creepy" now! lololol! i almost put my 2 cents in, but then i thought better of it because my blood pressure is already pretty high, and my repeated diagnostics with "inconclusive" results are driving me over the edge of "being diplomatic"............so i walked away from it, and decided to continue coveting dave navarro, johnny depp, tommy lee, and all the other "bad boys"............i'm willing to bet that about the last thing i'd require from any of them is "intellectual stimulation"..............most woman can stimulate themselves intellectually lmao!
  • newvickie
    edited February 2007

SHEL ROFLMAO...yup we are pretty darn good at intellectually stimulating ourselves and that thread got really creepy (and nasty) today. I got nasty back which is something I almost never do but I was soooo mad! Got it out of my system and can laugh about it now!!

• silvergirl9114
    silvergirl9114 Member Posts: 310
    edited February 2007
    I read the other thread too----what? I give it the gold medal in the hair splitting olympics. That's why I hang here---everybody plays nice.

Keep checking in to see if Gina has been online---this is almost as bad as waiting for my own results!

MRI today went OK---although the slide downtown after the snowstorm was pretty interesting. Have to do it again tomorrow for Frank(enboob). Asked to see the images and asked the tech if those white dots were the cysts from last year----he said, "we only take the pictures, Ma'm, we don't read 'em."

The volunteer director set up a meeting for me and their two remaining BC ladies---the third died recently---:-( for Friday. Got the distinct impression she was very happy to get a new warm body.

Will keep checking in for news of Gina.

Jeannie
  • TeddyJudy
    TeddyJudy Member Posts: 48
    edited February 2007
    Hi All ~
    Leaving work now, but just popped in to see if there is anything on NS......

NS ~ Still here praying B9 B9 B9.

Hugs to all of you ---
    Judy
  • joy1122
    joy1122 Member Posts: 189
    edited February 2007
    Vickie-Kevin is looking forward to the majic carpet ride. Thanks girls,I know he is in good hands.I will double wrap him in the bubble wrap ..don't want to take any cahnces as I am a back seat driver!
    Margaret- Kevin is having chest wall repair surgery. He has a sunken in chest and they need to build it up because he needs heart surgery too. They will repair his heart in 3 to 4 months. He has a rare connective tissue syndrome. He has an enlarged aorta like John Ritter had. The doctor's told him if we do not repair the aorta now he will eventually die like John Ritter did. Doctor's can be so cold hearted about things.No bed side manner at all! He is tall but he is only 14. I think they forget he is still a kid. I will check in this weekend.
    NS- hope everything is ok with you.

Take Care,
    Joyce
  • Biker54
    Biker54 Member Posts: 1,042
    edited February 2007
    Laura, Shel has given you the best advise of anyone on the boards! I know you want to save your marriage, but at what cost?

Cheri & Vickie, I read some of that Sexiest Man thread and I agree with Shel. It is just plain creepy!!! You need to park your butts here with all the normal people. Since when is it a crime to lust after a fine lookin' man??? Uh...Never??? Post em here!! Oh, it's Tracey who has all those great pics !

Nicki, I was just watching the news and they were saying about how cold and snowy it is in the mid west! As Susan would say "Crummy buttons!"

Vickie, the same goes for you! They were saying that in some places they have a total of 5 ft. of snow!!! WTF!!

Wow, all we have is the sub-freezing temps. I'm flashin' right now so that doesn't even matter. I'm ready to walk out the back door. I think it is about 10 degrees. Sounds good to me!

NS, where are yoooouuu? You are starting to worry us!
    Bridget, are you lurking?????? You know I told you to come over here.

I hope everyone is staying warm tonight. Amy, I hope you have power at the new place soon. I may fire up the old fireplace tonight, once I am over the flash!

Take care all!
  • Biker54
    Biker54 Member Posts: 1,042
    edited February 2007
    Joyce, Oh my goodness!! I didn't realize what kind of surgery Kevin needed! I'm sure he will do well, after all, he is in the inner circle with all of us to protect him. (((((Kevin))))) I am keeping him in my thoughts. I'm sure he will enjoy the magic carpet ride. Is Cheri driving?? If so, make sure you wrap him up extra good . Oh Cheri, no offense. I'm just going on what I heard!
  • newvickie
    edited February 2007
    Well ladies after being slammed again in the sexiest men thread I'm calling it a night. It's been a rough couple of months for me and I'm just plain exhausted.
    Know that I am thinking of you all and I'll lurk to check on everyone. You are all my sisters and I think of you as such.
    Worrying and praying for NS.
    Love you all
    Vickie
  • silvergirl9114
    silvergirl9114 Member Posts: 310
    edited February 2007
    Ah Vickie---don't go away. Take a rest if you must but stick with us crazy ladies. Remember the old Fruit of the Loom commercial----"Nothing goes right when your underwear's tight"? Some people were just BORN with tight underwear! It has been my catch-all explanation of weird behavior for as long as I can remember. There is NO tight underwear in the wagon circle!

Gina----where aaaaarrrrrreeeeee you???

Jeannie
  • TeddyJudy
    TeddyJudy Member Posts: 48
    edited February 2007
    Good Evening Ladies ~

Joyce ~ My prayers go out to you and Kevin. He sure has some surgery ordeals
    Coming his way. We will watch over him.

Vickie ~ I hope that you are feeling better.

NS ~ Where are You? We are getting worried and are seriously missing you.

Laura ~ Wow, you connected with the OW. You must really love Ray.
    I only hope he realizes what a jewel of a wife he has.

Lynn ~ Happy Birthday.

Going to get dinner prepared and let DH on the computer now. Will check in before going to bed.

Hugs to all of you,
    Judy
  • b445
    b445 Member Posts: 980
    edited February 2007
    You always hear the usual stories of pennies on the sidewalk
    being good luck, gifts from angels, etc. This is the first time I've ever
    heard this twist on the story. Gives you something to think about.

Several years ago, a friend of mine and her husband were invited to spend
    the weekend at the husband's employer's home. My friend, Arlene, was
    nervous
    about the weekend. The boss was very wealthy, with a fine home on the
    waterway, and cars costing more than her house.

The first day and evening went well, and Arlene was delighted to have this
    rare glimpse into how the very wealthy live. The husband's employer was
    quite generous as a host, and took them to the finest restaurants. Arlene
    knew she would never have the opportunity to indulge in this kind of
    extravagance
    again, so was enjoying herself immensely.

As the three of them were about to enter an exclusive restaurant that eve
    ning, the boss was walking slightly ahead of Arlene and her husband. He
    stopped suddenly, looking down on the pavement for a long, silent moment.
    Arlene
    wondered if she was supposed to pass him. There was nothing on the ground
    except a single darkened penny that someone had dropped, and a few
    cigarette
    butts.

Still silent, the man reached down and picked up the penny. He held it up
    and smiled, then put it in his pocket as if he had found a great treasure.
    How
    absurd! What need did this man have for a single penny? Why would he even
    take the time to stop and pick it up?

Throughout dinner, the entire scene nagged at her. Finally, she could
    stand it no longer. She causally mentioned that her daughter once had a
    coin collection, and asked if the penny he had found had been of some
    value.

A smile crept across the man's face as he reached into his pocket for the
    penny and held it out for her to see. She had seen many pennies before!
    What
    was the point of this?

"Look at it." He said. "Read what it says." She read the words

"United States of America."

"No, not that; read further."

"One cent?" "No, keep reading."

"In God we Trust?" "Yes!" "And?"

"And if I trust in God, the name of God is holy, even on a coin. Whenever I
    find a coin I see that inscription. It is written on every single United
    States
    coin, but we never seem to notice it! God drops a message right in front of
    me telling me to trust Him? Who am I to pass it by? When I see a coin, I
    pray,
    I stop to see if my trust IS in God at that moment.

I pick the coin up as a response to God; that I do trust in Him. For a
    short
    time, at least, I cherish it as if it were gold. I think it is God's way of
    starting a conversation with me. Lucky for me, God is patient and pennies
    are plentiful!"

When I was out shopping today, I found a penny on the sidewalk. I stopped
    and
    picked it up, and realized that I had been worrying and fretting in my
    mind
    about things I cannot change. I read the words, "In God We Trust," and had
    to laugh. Yes, God, I get the message.

It seems that I have been finding an inordinate number of pennies in the
    last few months, but then, pennies are plentiful!

And, God is patient...
  • Madison
    Madison Member Posts: 859
    edited February 2007
    Evening,

Oh darn, still no word from G....,

I agree Jeannine....Gina, where are you? How are you?

CY, that was great.

Jeannine, let us know when you get the results of your MRI….

Karen, how are you? When do the stitches come out?

Susan, thinking about you….PT is so hard..ouch..

Christinek, prayers are being said for Jeannne and Shane.

Ginney, hi.

Cheri is driving the magic carpet tomorrow so we can be with Joyce and Kevin. Oh wait, did Amy confiscate the keys? So who is driving….Hey I have my Air Force daughter home, and I bet she can make that magic carpet do some pretty fancy stuff…..
    Joyce, you know I will be praying for Kevin…..just make sure he doesn’t get upset when there is sooo much noise in his room when we all crowd in there….

Vickie, I just went to the sexiest man thread....YEP, I got your back...geez…bring those men here…and Mena can bring Spongebob (Oh, and get Mickey Mouse for DebC ‘cause she mentioned something about big ears..and big? BUT don’t bring back Goofy or Dopey because they caused enough trouble at the toga party.) Like Jan said, park our butts here with the normal people (but get Spongebob for Mena and Mickey Mouse for DebC)….

Vickie, yep they do have pj police....we are gonna have to find some really cute pj's to pass inspection.

Nicki, are you staying warm? The news reports are showing how COLD it is in your area.

Judy, I am so sorry your step-son was a victim of theft. This happened to a co-worker in December. She reported the problem and DID recover all money taken from her account. It took a couple of weeks, but she did recover the money. She asked the same thing “how in the world did they get her pin number” I hope they catch the BAD PERSON who did this….AND the bank credits his account.

Brenda, I have had epidural steroid injections for neck disc problems and after 4 injections I had relief from the radiating pain. My father just had the injections for lower back problems, and he did get relief from the pain. What type of surgery are they going to do on hubby? I am sooooo upset because my disc problems flared up again this week. I HATE back/nerve problems.

Speaking of back/nerve problems, my sitting time is up, darn nerve traveling down my leg….
    Lynn, Judy, Tina, Margaret, Michele, Colleen, Joy, TGirl, Jasmine, Denise,
    Tracey, Cy, Always, Lisa, ,Anne, Judy, Vickie2, Jan, Karen, Mena, and all

I will see you tomorrow on the magic carpet.
  • RoundTwoinCA
    RoundTwoinCA Member Posts: 74
    edited February 2007
    Hello,

Trying to catch up - I guess another thread has gone awry? Yikes!

NS - hope you get your computer back up so we know what's going on...still chanting furballs...

Judy - I also had money stolen with a debit card when mine was in my posession. The bank temporarily reimbursed me immediately and within a week gave a permanent reimbursement after finding a ring of debit card # thefts. They took money out in San Francisco - I'm in Sacramento area. Is he in Northern California - the ring was from SF to Folsom - they were targeting gas stations - had the camera pointed to the pin pad inside and outside - then the machines had the number, with the pins, then they could create dummy debit cards that will work in ATMs. My account showed a balance check and a withdrawal for the maximum daily amount. I check online every day - if I hadn't they would have had several thousand dollars (we had just received holiday bonuses) - I found it at $500 - but they knew how much was there and tried to access it the next day. They recommend changing your pin regularly - and using cash or credit card at gas stations. Also hiding your pin with your hands (I used to feel silly doing that but don't anymore). Now I only use it at bank ATMs and use it as a credit card the rest of the time.

OK - here goes:

Susan - glad your surgery is over and hope the PT goes well.

CY - thank you!

Vickie - don't stay away too long - but I understand - I took a little hiatus myself over the whole "posse" crap - can't be bothered with pettiness.

Joyce - hope everything goes well with Kevin's surgery

Karen - hope your fingers feel better soon!

Nicki - a nice down coat sounds wonderful! Hope you're staying warm in the single digits!

Brenda - hope the epidural give him some relief...

Lynn - hope in six months the shadows disappear..

Amy - hope you get your power back soon - if you did already then I missed the post!

That's as far back as my eyes can go!! Hello to everyone I missed!

I'm doing well - hormone therapy seems to be tolerable - hair is growing in well - mostly grey but looks cooler every day. The only issue I have is my legs ache when I go to bed - but this has been happening since my 2nd or 3rd chemo treatment - hoped it would subside. Perhaps it will - I'm sick of taking pain meds!! Oh well - small price to pay in the big picture. Other than that - thinking about what I want to do when I grow up - I should figure that out one of these days....

Hugs to all,

Ginney
  • Madison
    edited February 2007
    Nicki, I was just watching WGN News (Chicago station we are able to watch in Louisiana). It will be -4 in Chicago tomorrow morning.....We need to get that heater going in the magic carpet....

Brrrrrrrr Keep Warm...
  • [Deleted User]
    edited February 2007
    Madison, I think you better take the Magic Keys, I didn't realize there was a child involved and I drive way too wild for that. Ahem...so I've heard. lol

Joyce, many prayers for your son & family.

Jeannie,Jan,Vickie,Shel and Madison, we do have a very lovely place here. Everyone gets along nicely.

NS, are you hovering? It's ok. When you're ready to talk we'll still be here. We may all be wandering around in little straight jackets because...we've gone insane with worry!! Sending prayers your way.

Vickie, you're a good friend. Rest well.

Wishing everyone good test results and good health,
    cheri
  • AlaskaDeb
    AlaskaDeb Member Posts: 1,159
    edited February 2007
    Just coming by for a quick howdy before I go soak in a bath. I've been working on my surprise for all you lovely ladies. If you have not sent me your mailing address…please do. I want to include everyone I will not be sending your address to anyone…just need it to mail you a little something….It will still be a few weeks, but I’m having FUN.

I will check in later for a hug and to tuck everyone in for the night. It sounds like a few of you will need extra blankets tonight. I will see if I can get Old Man Winter to quit blowing our weather toward the south….

Deb C
  • RoundTwoinCA
    RoundTwoinCA Member Posts: 74
    edited February 2007
    Oh - LauraB - I've kept my mouth shut on this but...that's never been one of my strong points. I have also been through divorce as a child and as an adult.

I apologize if anyone is offended by this - I believe that my best support here is to give my story and (unsolicited) advice.

I believe you need to decide if you are worthy of happiness in this life. From what I've read through the last month or so, you have decided you are not. Your daughter is not benefitting from this situation and will not benefit from unhappily married parents - you will only guarantee that she will marry a similar man and be just as unhappy as you are. You are the primary example of a woman for her. Who you decide to be and how you decide to be treated is the lesson you are teaching her. Take time to visualize her as an adult living her life as you have been and decide if this is the future you want for her.

I know this may seem harsh - but this is what I did - and I was shocked and dismayed to see what I had become in my efforts to "save my family." From the outside perspective I looked like two things: crazy and pathetic. Between checking on him, questioning him, getting angry, crying, fighting - then silence and maneuvering to try to get him to "come around" - it was both exhausting and futile. I was not going to change that reality and I had to accept that and create my own new reality.

After the divorce as time went on, my daughter would say things like "I like how you are now Mommy, you don't yell as much" or "I like you better when you're happy" - hard to hear but it does validate my decision and what many experts say - the best gift you can give your child is a happy parent. I am now a happy person - and thus, a happy parent - and it is a better life for all of us (including my ex). Even with a mets dx - I am happy with who I am and at peace with how my decision 10 years ago created a beautiful, confident woman that is my daughter.

Hugs,

Ginney
  • MargaretB
    MargaretB Member Posts: 771
    edited February 2007
    Evening all, I'm dropping in to see if we've heard from NS.

Joyce, now I remember Kevin's circumstances. Take care of your baby and good luck with the surgery. Remember, he's in the inner circle.

Laura, I just hate to see a beautiful vibrant woman be emotionally put through the wringer.

Vickie, bring some extra bubble wrap for me. I have a headache and Cheri and her loop de loos might make it worse. But I'm not missing the ride for anything so bring enough for me.

Cheri and Vickie, I had to go and read the thread. I don't know what was up with that.

CY, I liked that message.

Ginney, hope the leg aches go away soon.

Jeannie, Judy, Karen, Susan, Madison, Lynn, Tina, Margaret, Michele, Colleen, Joy, TGirl, Jasmine, Denise,Deb
    Tracey, Always, Lisa, Anne, Judy, Vickie2, Jan, Mena, and anyone else I missed, have a good evening, stay warm. American Idol is on, have to go.

I'll try to check in again to see if we har from NS.

Margaret

P.S. I got the dreaded lost post message when I hit the continue button - glad I copy and paste.
  • nosurrender
    nosurrender Member Posts: 737
    edited February 2007
    Hello!
    I have not read a thing!! Not even my pms- you all have to give me a chance to catch up so I can respond...

Well, I have aged about twenty five years in these past two days.

NO RESULTS

I called my doc's nurse today, she and I have known each other forever. She said she would call the radiologist.
    She called back and sounded funny- maybe I ma just reading into it... but I know my doc isn't on today... and I also know that SHE cannot possible give me results. So she said
    "they are still pending" And then she said she would write a note for my doc to call me in the morning.
    I don't like how that sounds... but I am so jumpy I don't like how anything sounds.
    My computer was messed up but cable came and fixed the connection for me... I didn't have YOU to turn to! BUT I also couldn't look at scary sites and couldn't leave the house waiting for the phone to ring!
    So far, I have groomed my cat to within an inch of his life trying to keep busy. I would love to paint the living room but my right side is really beat up. The incisions are healing but the blisters are bleeding now.

I am going to now read all my pms and answer you! Then I have to read my emails and answer them- and then I will catch up on all of you here.... AND THEN I think I will give Mr. Fluffy a good brushing- he hasn't had one in about an hour or so and needs another.

Tomorrow looks like D-day.

Oy.

BBL!!!!
  • Madison
    edited February 2007
    NS, we are here....just wish we were THERE with you.

Madison
  • MargaretB
    MargaretB Member Posts: 771
    edited February 2007
    Madison, you're driving tomorrow right? We should swing by G's after we take care of Kevin. G, we're with you all the way.

Margaret