Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

TIME TO CIRCLE THE WAGONS GIRLS

Comments

• MargaretB
    MargaretB Member Posts: 771
    edited February 2007
    Vickie, the spiked hot chocolate was what I needed this morning. It's cold in the magic carpet - did someone forget to turn on the heater?

Uh, I forgot to ask - who is driving the magic carpet?

To everyone I missed last night, I was checking later than usual, and when I logged on and saw G's post, I was too tired to go back and check for everyone else.

Margaret
  • newvickie
    newvickie Member Posts: 2,941
    edited February 2007
    Not sure who is driving this morning as there are so many girls ahead of me on this magic carpet but I do believe it may be Cheri as I lost my stomach on that last loop de loo.

I found the beast for out pj party. Get your ammo ready because we are going to cause it as much grief as it has caused us. I have darts, my red rider bb gun, I think we should fill it with the "red devil", burn it, cut it, scar it! This beast will be sorry it came to our circle.
    Hugs and love to all
    Vickie
  • Madison
    Madison Member Posts: 859
    edited February 2007
    Hi all,

I asked my Air Force daughter to drive the magic carpet (and be the designated driver cause we can't drive after drinking the spike chocolate).

Hold on tight,

Madison
  • Naniam
    Naniam Member Posts: 586
    edited February 2007
    Nicki, wanted to wish you well with port removal. Checking to see if there is any news from Joyce and Kevin Susan glad you are doing so well.

NS, woke up at the "divine" hour. Keep us posted.

Everyone - sorry, I'm like DebC, can't find my bearings or footing yet - I want a warm fire, blanket, and just sit around with a cup of hot chocolate and enjoy the love and company of this circle. I want NS, RobinTN, Robbie and all those that I can't remember in treatment in the center. I want to keep them safe and warm. I want to keep us safe and warm. Heavens, this post needs to end ------

Blessings, Brenda
  • purplemb
    purplemb Member Posts: 593
    edited February 2007
    GM all...quick check...lots of work today
    NS big hugs and I'll be over to hold your hand, just call, never been that far east...lol...
    Nicki...keeping you in my prayers today...and knowing your looking forward to a few days off..so you can exercise with me...lol...hugs
    susan so gald to see you...
    Cheryl...got one knitty done and got lots of hospital time tuesday and almost got the second one done so soon...sorry its taking so long...I did say I don't knit very fast...

OH on the DH front.he will be available for any bus trip we need him for...a driver who get us..once again the prayers were felt...thanks....we have decided that neither one of us is normal...lol.,Oh you all knew that..lol....I guess his esophogus(sp) is being particulary stubborn causing what feels like heart pains...and apparently nitro helps this pain...so...no new heart issues now we just need to figure the other out...

Prayers to all anad I have green healing candles lit for all those in need....

Hugs MB
  • Biker54
    Biker54 Member Posts: 1,042
    edited February 2007
    Hi girls,

Just a quick check in. I'm babysitting the twins all day.

(((((G)))))), I just saw your post from yesterday. You are so strong and brave, I know you will conquer the beast yet again! I am so upset that you have to deal with this again. Please know that every last one of us is here for you.

I will be on the carpet in spirit only today. The twins can't sit still long enough to take them on the carpet! Good luck Nicki!

Hugs to all!
  • newvickie
    edited February 2007
    Ok...I have to say that truthfully I am with Deb and Brenda. Just not the time for a pj party. I tried to force it but I don't have my heart in it. I too would rather spend the weekend around the fire with everyone, holding hands and hearts and just "BE"...
    Maybe some inspirational music, pictures, happy thoughts, poetry and quotes would make us all feel a bit better.
    Love to all through tears I can't seem to stop.
    Vickie
  • MargaretB
    MargaretB Member Posts: 771
    edited February 2007
    Ginney, is there room in your spa wagon for all of us? I think we could use it this week.

Margaret
  • Odalys
    Odalys Member Posts: 929
    edited February 2007
    Nicki - good luck on the port removal. It's very liberating so enjoy your new freedom.

NS- Your in my thoughts. (((((hugs))))

It looks like a few of us were up at 3 am. Darn disease!!

Wishing everyone a good day and a safe carpet ride!

Love and Hugs,
  • Lynn48
    Lynn48 Member Posts: 69
    edited February 2007
    GM All,

Cold snowy day up here today. Haven't had a lot of snow this year so the farmers will be glad of the moisture.

I slept in a bit this morning so missed the carpet as it went by to get DebC. Nikki, I am with you in spirit. so glad you're getting that port out finally!

Joyce-hope your son is doing well, and you too. Gentle hugs to you both.

Susan-I missed about your knee replacement somehow. A girl at work went through that too. She said it was quite tough at the beginning but she is good now and you will be too. Hang in there.

Karen-be careful with that wrist, you don't want to undo the docs good work. Is the numbness gone yet?

Shirley-somehow missed what surgery you did have, but sounds like you are doing well. Too bad they couldn't do a 241! If I ever have to have more surgery there's a couple other things I want done at the same time! Hope you don't have to go through another real soon.

Biker-how old are the twins? Sounds like you will have your hands full.

Amy-glad to hear the new homestead is coming along. Sounds like a big job.

Tracey-loved your poem.

BaldEagle-the ride sounds like it would be very soothing. Was it far from Calgary?

NS-saved you for last as I tried to think of something prophetic to say. Not a darn thing comes to mind other than what everyone else has already said. Your letter was wonderful. With an attitude like that you already have the beast beat. Hugs and prayers being sent your way.

God Bless all,
    Lynn
  • ArmyNavyMom
    ArmyNavyMom Member Posts: 134
    edited February 2007
    Seems like 3:00 am was the time to be awake last night. I just couldn't sleep. Then about 4:00 DH came downstairs and decided to go to emergency. Verdict is a "cardiac incident", what ever that means. They are keeping him tonight and doing a stress test tomorrow. And I have a treatment today. Life just sucks at the moment.

Anne
  • Biker54
    edited February 2007
    Lynn, the twins are 3. I'm going to need the spa tent, the hoochie tent and the fruitcake tent bythe time I'm done. Beside them, my son has a Airdale that is excitable to say the least.

Nicki, hope all went well with you port removal.

((((NS))), what else can I say? I'm thinking about you a lot today.

Hugs to everyone else. The kids are parked in front of the TV right now. Gotta go!!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 2,728
    edited February 2007
    OK! Now that was a piece of cake! I just got home and feeling pretty good - sleepy, but good. Found out why I had to have anesthesia. Doc says there are all kinds of ports. My was in the upper chamber of my heart. Glad I didnt know that until today. Right after I woke up - I got my 2 cups of coffee so Im happy again.

My surgeon let me see the port. Wow it was about 4 inches long!

Im in agreement. Think this week-end we should just sit around the campfire and talk, reflect, appreciate, and support. But I will be in my new PJ's.

NS: This has got to be so overwhelming! I know your strong, and you WILL get through this. The lobular aspect explains alot of things. So hard to diagnose and find! So what is the next step? My heart is heavy. I know knowledge is power, but right now just wanna sit with you and our friends.

Anne: Im hoping your husband is ok. Sounds like there was no damage to the heart so thats good. Sometimes life just overwhelms us. I dont know what I would do if it were my husband.

PurpleMB: Just thinking about you and your husband too. Hoping things are going well with his tests.

OK! Im a little sleepy. Gonna take a nap and catch up on everyones posts later.

Nicki
  • jasmine
    jasmine Member Posts: 773
    edited May 2008
    Anne, I hope your husband is okay and home soon.
  • Odalys
    Odalys Member Posts: 929
    edited February 2007
    Nicki - Congrats. Yeah...glad the port is gone. Doesn't it feel liberating? I sure did, hated knowing there were tubes inside me and how they would move every time I tried to lie down...yuck. I can see you are celebrating already with a cup of coffee. Ahh...the aroma of a fresh cup on a cold day. Enjoy!

Anne - OMG - cardiac incident??? Doctors can be so vague sometimes. - I hope is nothing serious. Please keep us posted.
  • AlaskaDeb
    AlaskaDeb Member Posts: 1,159
    edited February 2007
    WooHooo! We needed some good news this morning. I'm glad it went well. Get some coffee and some rest girl.

Hugs
    Deb C
  • irisheyzs
    irisheyzs Member Posts: 17
    edited February 2007
    Nicki~~Cancel your husbands act and you can come dance at the wedding! My neice is coming from Chicago so we can sneak you on the plane! I am making white chocolate rose lollipops for the wedding but instead of using rose leaves on the stick, I used shamrocks...looks cute.

Vicki~~~hmmmmmmmmmmm I wonder! LOL
    What part of NY are you from. My husband moved here about 8 years ago from Brooklyn. Garritson (spelling is wrong I know) Beach area. He left and never looked back. The only time we go back is for a wedding or a funeral!

NS~~~your attitude is wonderful and that's half the battle...you will do fine!

Karen~~~When I was pregnant with him I wanted a St. Patty's Day baby but even then he was stubborn...came on the 20th! So the next best thing is a Green Wedding!

Deb~~~How in the hell do you live in Alaska! It's been hovering between 0-20 here with wind chills that I don't even want to talk about! I've had a chill in my bones for days!

Nicki~~~good luck with the port removal...another step in the right direction.

Jan~~~I'll take the Airdale! They are adorable...the twins are too LOL but I think I could keep up with the dog better than twins!!

I'm so confused with all these posts! LOL I'll get better!

Hugs
    Bridget
  • AlaskaDeb
    edited February 2007
    Anne- Just read back and saw your post about DH. I hope they get it sorted out soon! I know that no one like to be in the hospital, but hopefully they can moniter him and find out what is wrong.

Big Hugs
    Deb C
  • Biker54
    edited February 2007

Bridget, this dog is NUTS!!! The twins are easier LOL. Good luck with the interview!

• newvickie
    edited February 2007
    Sending hugs to Anne and hope you get some answers soon about your husbands "cardiac" thing...can't believe they couldn't give you a better explaination!
    Nicki...yippee...the port is gone. Good for you, now rest up.
    Bridget...HI...I live about half way between Ithaca and Binghamton so your not to far from me. It's beautiful out here and I'm out in the country pretty far...which I love.
    Hi Deb...having the same weather here as Bridget...I don't know how you do it!!!! oh wait...I forgot, you live in an igloo, wear bearskin, eat whale blubber LOL...I'd better stop or poor Bridget will believe me!! I think I have enough squares for a complete afghan!!!

Ok...pj "party" cancelled due to inclimate hearts. A "pajama, snuggle around the campfire, hand holding, quiet, reflective, comforting party" instead. How's that?
    Gotta get back to work
    Love ya all
    Vickie
  • purplemb
    purplemb Member Posts: 593
    edited February 2007
    just a quick lunch break...and a minute to read back
    Anne hugs...DH & I are too trying to figure out this heart thing ...good luck...and PM if I can help?
    Deb...WHAT no igloo....hmmm...what do they teach us in school...lol...and I thought all you had were dog sleds...man I feel so fooled....I'm with newvickie...NY has been cold...I don't know how you do it...hugs
    Nicki...whooo hooo...spinning in my chair...
    Biker...twins wow you have your hands full...lol...
    Morelandmom...instead of Vickie2 I think you should be M&M...that I can remember...lol..
    Ok I just unloaded a new load of fire wood , DH & I split yesterday...and have hot cider, hot lemonade and whatever anyone else wants...I raided my friends liquor cabinet( I don't drink much)...lol...I made homemade chicken soup....lots of veggies and warm rolls....enjoy all...

warm hugs MB
  • lv2cmp
    lv2cmp Member Posts: 899
    edited February 2007
    Good Morning CG’s!

NS-At a loss for words here and that doesn’t happen very often. I can think of all kinds of 4 letter words that I could spill out here but I will refrain. OK,,love your fighting spirit and believe me it helps to stand up and stare cancer in the face. I happen to like being in control and mentally it helps me to let the beast know it is not going to control me. You will come out on top of this. Waiting is the worse part as we all know so now we get our game plan and go with it. Life throws us all kinds of curve balls no doubt but the real fighters keep on going. You will come out the winner once again. I actually like the thoughts of ER positive,,I think. Please,,please,,please,,if you need anything at all don’t hesitate to ask. I am here for you as well as everybody in the circle.

Karen-yes Mazer is my baby donkey. She is 8 months old but a donkey doesn’t mature until they are at least 2 and really after that. She is a funny little thing. She loves to run and play and roll in the dirt and attempts to make her donkey noise but just cant do it. That will come with age. She has the squeak but that’s about it. Her favorite thing is to steal your work gloves out of your back pocket and when carrying a bale of hay in to feed them she always thinks she gets to have the first bite as you are walking before you put it into the hay feeder. As you can tell, I love my donkeys.

Margaret-Madison said that her daughter was driving the magic carpet but from the uneasiness in my stomach I think Cheri must be very close to the wheel. I almost spilled my coffee once but thank goodness I had it in a sippy cup.

Nicki-Congrats on the port removal today. We were there with you my friend. Glad you enjoyed your coffee after they were finished with you. If you heard a commotion it was just distorted humor and mazer but I am sure you knew exactly who it was. Enjoy your long weekend!

Cheri-deliverance was actually filmed about as close to bama as you can get. It was in Georgia. If you listen real close at night you can hear the banjo music playing though.

Deb-hope you didn’t get too cold this morning on your front porch waiting for the magic carpet. Come to think of it I don’t know if I have ever seen an igloo with a front porch?!? Thanks also for the big thermos of starbucks! We were almost out after that long ride. Mazer said thinks for those cinnamon buns you snuck in for her also.

Susan-glad you are healing like you should with the bionic knee. Therapy can be tough.

Baldeagle-loved your story about the bareback horse rides. I bet that was wonderful. I also love your name.

Vickie-I know what you mean about the PJ party. Hard to get in the mood when one of our sisters has gotten news we didn’t want her to receive.

Madison-I am sure you are enjoying your daughter being home. Also thinks for the good coffee this morning and the beignets’. That’s a place I always have to go to when in New Orleans.

Armynavymom-glad you let the anger pass so that it didn’t get you down any more. Chicken soup sounds delicious. Will be thinking of you as you have your treatment today. I will also be going in today for mine,,too bad we aren’t at the same place. Sorry to hear about your husband also. Sometimes you gotta wonder why everything happens at once.

Christine-I don’t think I had the relationship correct in my mind either. My uncle had colon cancer stage 3 and is doing well now but chemo was tough for him. My thoughts are with her as she tackles the beast.

Bridget-Its easy to get lost in some of our post for sure but you will catch on. A st. pattys day wedding sounds great. I will have a green beer in their honor,,hows that?

Odalys-so did you discuss the promotion—girl power remember,,,go get em.

Biker54-I am sure you have your hands full today. Twins are always so cute though. They say terrible 2’s but the 3’s sure gives them a good run for their money.

Lynn48-you must be a deep sleeper because Vickie kept tweaking your toes but you wouldn’t budge. Might have been because you were all nestled in your blankets since its cold up your way.

Tracey-loved the poem. Nice words.

MB-glad to hear your husband is doing ok. Hopefully they will figure out what all is going on with him. You might be exercising him too hard,,,lol. We all know how you can be with the exercising.

Shirley-glad your surgery went well. You were lucky to get in and out so quick. That never seems to happen to me. I agree there should be a law that you cant have good smelling coffee there because that just makes you want it more.

Brenda-I think everybody agreed with you on the no PJ party. We will just stand together strongly by the fire.

Sue-Gus-I love your dog avatar. Hes a cutie.

Colleen-hope your feeling good this morning after your few drinks last night. Cocktail flu can be bad at times. I get it sometimes but the good thing about it is that it doesn’t last long.

Boo-glad to see you stopping by. Been missing you around the circle.

Shel-that would be great to plan a road trip. Wish I could go with you.

Cy-excellent idea on the relay for life. I am making my donation today in honor of No surrender. Hope you don’t mind me stealing the idea though.

Ok off to get some work done before I head to the doctor for a wonderful ahemmm,,treatment. I know they are doing what they are supposed to be doing and I shouldn’t dread them like I do but geeesh,,I get tired of it.

Hello to everyone I accidentally left out. It sure wasn’t on purpose. Lots of love,,Amy
  • newvickie
    edited February 2007
    We do have to have a little humor in our pj circle to help cheer up all those who need it (which I think is all of us at this point in time).
    ummm...Cheri...could you PLEEEEEESE get these guys out of my office...they seem to think I have your latex jammies!!
    They are ruining my reputation here!!!
  • AlaskaDeb
    edited February 2007

Look closely...
    Hugs
    Deb C
  • sherloc
    sherloc Member Posts: 893
    edited February 2007
    Good Morning ladies. I'm feeling a bit dopey this morning. Boob is starting to ache but only a little bit.

Nicki, praying for you today. I went to hospital in my pj's too. Is there any other way? The no coffee thing just plain sucks beans.

NS, hugs to you girlfriend.

Anne, praying for your husband. And for you today.

Amy, praying for you today as well.

MB, so happy to hear no new issues.

Lynn, I had a lumpectomy on what they told me is a lipoma. But doc didn't encourage me yesterday after surgery so now I'm stressing. UGH!!

Hugs to everyone. I'm going back to bed
  • sherloc
    sherloc Member Posts: 893
    edited February 2007
    O my gosh I thought those guys got thrown overboard in the caribbean?

Deb, I feel the love. It is warming my heart.
  • newvickie
    edited February 2007
    TO ALL OF YOU...WITH HUGS AND LOVE FROM ME
  • susanmcm
    susanmcm Member Posts: 699
    edited February 2007
    Well, I believe in miracles and I'm not going to let cancer destroy my spirit. There are so many of us who need help right now. I'll be there at the campfire handing out blankets, hot chocolate and marshmallows and teddy bears. Ya'll who need hugs come on over.

susan
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 1,233
    edited February 2007
    Good morning, girls. I'm in a funk today. Didn't even take notes and I have to rely on notes cos my memory is terrible these days. So, even though I may not write about all of you it's not because I didn't read your posts and am thinking about you just can't remember everything at once.

Joyce, wondering about Kevins surgery. Hope all went well. I know it must be nerve wracking. Let us know how things went. We're all thinking of you & your family.

Karen, hope your hand is healing well. Be careful with it.

Anne, what is a heart incident? Maybe you'll be able to find out more today. Hope all goes well.

Always, so glad you joined the circle. It's a wonderful place here. We all get along well and look after one another like sisters. It's so good to know that we are excepted just like we are.

Bridget, nice to see you posting and glad you've joined us. I think you'll really enjoy it. It's a wonderful support group.

Vickie, hello to my sweet friend. Sitting around the camp fire this week-end sounds nice to me. I'm in some sort of blue funk, not the black hole, thank goodness,just not really myself.

Nicki, so glad you got your port out and all went well. That is some good news today. I still have mine. Don't know when its coming out. They had a very difficult time getting it in. My surgeon tried twice during surgery & couldn't get it so they had to send me to a radiologist and it took him twice before he got it. Under a local. He said my veins ran different. It was quite uncomfortable so I'm really dreading when it comes time to get it out.

Shirley, hope you're feeling well.

Susan, I'll give you a call later on today. I think I have your # entered in my cell phone. I've had so much PT in the last 7 years, with rods & plates put in then taken out. I'm still waiting on a surgery date in Iowa City to have my poor old scarred, twisted ankle fixed. I wish I could come see you & help you out but I'm having to use a walker myself! Kinda the blind leading the blind.

Jan, enjoy those twins today.

Madison, so glad your daughter drove the magic carpet this morning. I'm not up to driving it today.

Mena, hope you're feeling better. Come out & play.

Brenda, I'm hoping your husband is doing better. I have a great dh too. I depend on him alot.

NS, I don't even know what to say. You've been on my mind so much.

Hey to Jan,Tracey,Shel,Michele,Carrie,Denise,Judy,Vickie2,Boo,Gus,Lini,and anyone else I've missed. Wishing you all a good & healthy day.

Now my dd has what my GS's have had. So now she is really sick and the baby isn't quite over his. Her dh was working out of town last night so she brought the boys and came here to spend the night. I'm always glad to have them but I sure hope I dont get sick. I'd like to go back to bed & just cover my head & block out the world but she's sleeping and I'm watching the baby so she can rest. I just feel really tired today, didn't sleep well last night.

Best Wishes
    cheri
  • AlaskaDeb
    edited February 2007

CNN just said that upstate New York has 96 inches of snow in the past 2 days! DUCK ladies...

Hugs
    Deb C