Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

TIME TO CIRCLE THE WAGONS GIRLS

Comments

• AlaskaDeb
    AlaskaDeb Member Posts: 1,159
    edited February 2007
    Hey Ladies!!!

I am hard at work on my surprise for all of you. If you have not yet sent me your regular mail address, and you want to get something fun from me in the mail, you need to get on the ball! PM me your address and then wait to see what i send

Come on...you know you will feel left out if you don't send me your address...so what are you waiting for?

Deb C
  • lizws
    lizws Member Posts: 789
    edited February 2007
    Hi girls,

Amy! Just chalk me up to being psycho! So much going on here it’s making me crazy. Your next drink is on me. Hugs

Nicki – thank you my friend. Yes, we’ve been through a lot together. Does Ativan and booze mix? I think it does in the circle.

Susan – my my you are a busy girl. Great tents!

Madison – I hate when docs do that. Hugs

Vickie – you are so good at “borrowing” I had a pair of those jammies when I was little also. Mine were red I think.

Sher – my you’ve been busy. How’s the boob?

Denise – yep we do whatever we want here in the circle.

Deb – can’t wait for the surprise. How nice of you.

If anyone has Amy’s phone number – please call her and tell her I’m in the Hoochie tent waiting to buy her a drink. Then I will be in the psycho tent.

Okay guys, I hate these psycho days. I sit and think which is darn right stupid. I know it has a lot to do with the family as well as this weather.

Thanks so much for being here for me. I couldn’t do this without you guys.

Hugs, Prayers and Love
    Liz
  • newvickie
    newvickie Member Posts: 2,941
    edited February 2007
    Hey Ladies...please click this link from a message from me to all of you. I love you all...you are so beautiful to me!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4n479cYpnko
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 6
    edited February 2007
    Hi, don't know how to begin really or where to start but this seemed like a nice place.

They found a lump in the mammogram two weeks ago. I had the biopsy Tuesday and just heard. They say its malignent, which I guess means cancer. I'm just blown away by all this.

Told my husband Earl he's no help. He just gave me this open mouthed look and asked so does that mean they're goin to cut it off? He's out drinkin now, and I've ben talking to my girlfriends on the phone. I know this is a time to lean on the Lord and I guess that's all I can do. I'm supposed to see a doctor and they say he's prety good, but I don't know what is coming next. Well, I guess that's all for now, I'll be meeting with my prayer circle tomorrow and I know I know I'll have a lot of help there.

It's in the Lord's hands I know that.

Buffalogal
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 1,233
    edited February 2007
    Wow, where to start? I had 64 posts to read. If I skip anyone i'm sorry, it's not intentional.

Vickie, PARTY! I have pj's, but i could sure use the hugs & drugs! We'll all sit around the campfire, get tanked and tell big stories! I need it. Had the blues all the way to the bone. I'm tired of them gotta have some fun. You shouldn't let me sleep so long! I thought we got rid of those weird guys when we threw them over board. They're rather disgusting. Hey, I believe I can actually do your potato sack exercise, gonna start it monday.

Nicki, loved breakdfast this morning. I had the healthy and also the not so healthy both. I think its kinda scary that everybody can see our posts on the web, I don't like it. I feel so...violated.

Jeannie, sorry you have to go thru another biopsy. Seems there just is no end to this stuff. We'll all go with you.

Colleen, your son sounds worried and scared. Bless his heart. Is there someone he feels comfortable talking to? Glad Jake is doing better.

Madison, I'll be joining you in the Hooch tent tonight and drinking is very unusual for me. Hope your back dr appt. went alright.

Susan, you must be either feeling much better, on good drugs or bored to tears! I've never seen you post so often it's great! I haven't called but I've been in da funk the last few days & haven't talked to anyone. I love Hot Chocolate, but then I'm kinda dog crazy anyway. I especially love the tent selection I sure hope I'm there in time to pick out a good one.

Denise, writing about your fears & worries is what we're here for. Hope your feeling better. I think I might check with the dr about your sore breast.

Shel, congrats on your job offer.

Amy, glad you got good news at the dr. You're like me you can take teasing & dish it right out too. I love that. I wouldn't worry about Liz, she'll know you didn't mean anything when she thinks about it. She's very nice.

Liz, hey Amy is a "wild & crazy" girl like me. She just wants to have fun she didn't mean a thing to hurt you. She's very nice.

Deb, I'm with ya on the laughter. I can usually always muster some kind of snicker out of everything. "Tears of a Clown" but it keeps me going. Have to admit tho, sometimes that sense of humor is tough to wake up.

Shirley, my friend. Ahem. I simply adore the protectors you have brought us. Looking at them makes me feel sooooo...safe. lol

Jan, sorry your onc ticked you off. I can't stand mine. I have my 6 mo checkup the 26th of this month.

Hey to Judy,Vickie2,Margaret,Tracey,Odalys,Always,Kristin,Carrie,Denise,Ginny, and anyone i might've missed. Hope you all have a great night.

Mena, we're missing you. You got some splainin' too doo!

I'm babysitting tonight with my 2yr old GS. I love him to pieces but I swear he's bad to the bone & then the bone is bad!! My dh will be home soon to help me with him. Curses to this damned broken ankle! I can't do anything anymore. My 2 oldest GS are both playing basket ball tonight and I'd love to go. I used to never miss any game or program Ethan had. I have to use a walker if I put shoes on and then it hurts like the dickens. I just can't do the walking anymore. I'm waiting for the appt. in Iowa City with the ankle/foot surgeon, probably sometime in JUNE! Gee that's a long time when I'm crippled. I hibernate in this house. But if I ever get this ankle really fixed...look out world here I come! These hick dr.s around here have jacked me around for 7 years!! Lighter stuff. After the boys play ball the elementary school is having a dance. So my dd (still sick but better) and her dh are taking the boys. Amber took Ethan last year when he was just in pre-school and he started dancing & she said people just made a circle around him. He's such a ham bone and the light of my life.

Well, off to the Hooch tent with all my rowdy friends. Man do I ever need that. The Circle is majic. When I'm at the campfire or one of the tents I'm not crippled anymore. It's a wonderful thing. i love you girls.

NS, hope you are doing alright. My thoughts have been sooo with you the last couple of days. All will be well, my friend.

Deb, how do we change our names? I want to keep the Cheri but lose the 123 but thats been taken but I'd like to add mck after cheri. I've always hated that 123 thing but I'd tried several different names & they'd been taken so I just got tired of messing with it.

Cheri
  • kkkkatie
    kkkkatie Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2007
    Ladies-I'm a survivor-IIB, her-2NEU, estrogen positive, and I am here to say stay strong and focused, things can and do get better. It is almost 2 years now post-diagnosis, lumpectomy, chemotherapy, baldness, radiation, and I have created a web site to move stem cell research forward. did you know they have found cancer stem cells in almost every kind of cancer? many medical experts think that they hold the key to metastasis-the spread of cancer.

Anyway, there's a shot of me in chemo, with makeup and a hat on the My Story page-check it out. Makeup and hats and friends really help. And doing something to fight wretched cancer helps, too.

If any of you life in Pennsylvania, or South Carolina, or Tennessee or New Hampshire, there is a link there to your Senators-would you take a moment and encourage them to pass the second round of stem cell legislation? Bush is going to veto it again. And our daughters and nieces and family need for it to move through this time.

Love to you all,
    Katie
  • newvickie
    edited February 2007
  • newvickie
    edited February 2007
    CHERI...IT'S ABOUT TIME YOU GOT OUT OF BED!!! GEEZ GIRL...THOUGHT I'D HAVE TO ROUND UP A POSSE!!

Welcome Buffalogirl...come right to the center of our circle. We are having a comfort pj party with hugs, uh something else and uh...drugs!!! Just jump right in and join us...we will take good care of you.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited February 2007
    Awwwww Buffalogal, everything is going to be alright. I know you are really scared right now but you aren't alone. Once you get a treatment plan and find out exactly what you're dealing with then it will become easier. Did they tell you what stage you are or anything about it? You are more than welcome to join our circle. We'll put in the middle and keep you safe. There's also a forum you might like for newly diagnosed people. If you have any questions we'll be glad & try & help you. We've all been right where you are right now. Some of us still are. Welcome.

You pal,
    Cheri
  • socallisa
    socallisa Member Posts: 10,184
    edited February 2007
    Ok..you all got our protectors I found the place!!!

• [Deleted User]
    edited February 2007
    VICKIE, YOU DON'T HAVE TO SHOUT BUT I KNOW HOW EXCITED YOU GET AT THE THOUGHT OF FUN SO IT'S OK. I didn't just get up, was busy and took forever to read all these posts.
    Where's the PARTY?

you friend
    cheri
  • neesie
    neesie Member Posts: 1,110
    edited April 2008
    Welcome Buffalogal,
    Sorry you had to join us, but glad you did. This is a group of the warmest, friendliest, understanding and funny people that I have ever met. I know you are overwhelmed right now, we've all been there and still are having our fights. Here we call Cancer "The Beast." We're all here for you.
    Denise
  • neesie
    edited April 2008
    Dear Vickie,
    I love the videos you sent us! You always find the cutest things!
    Love,
    Denise
  • [Deleted User]
    edited February 2007
    Wow Lisa, you got us quite the place! You did good my friend. Now I suppose that is located where it's a warm 72 degrees? That'd be wonderful! I may want to stay sober just to explore the party place. Nah.

Pals
    cheri
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 6
    edited February 2007

Thank you. It's nice to get such a friendly reply so soon. I don't know anything about a stage. I have an apointment on Tuesday and maybe he'll tell me then. My Dad and my uncle's all got lung cancer from smoking and I'm wondering if this from from smoking too. It seems like everyone in my family dies of cancer and I'm wondering if its my time already. I keep trying to think about something else, but I can't.

• neesie
    edited April 2008
    The party has begun! Susan, you did a great job with the tents! Deb, the blankets are perfect! Vickie, your jammies are great....good thing I can't post pictures, you'd hate to see what I'm wearing! Deb, can't wait for your surprise...you are so sweet!
    I'm going to put the P.J."S on and start passing out the hugs. I don't have a pharmaceutical license, so it's BYOD!!
    Love ya,
    Denise
  • neesie
    edited April 2008
    Oh Buffalogal, It is not your time. Plenty of us have habits that make us wonder if we caused this. No one caused it. Just focus on your treatment and getting better. If you click on Active topics you will find all kinds of links that might help put you a little at ease. I'm not going to tell you to put it out of your mind for the weekend, as we all know that is impossible. We're here 24/7.
    Hugs,
    Denise
  • b445
    b445 Member Posts: 980
    edited February 2007
    here's the link to the Realy for Life my niece is doing if you want to help her out.

https://www.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=191671&lis=0&kntae19
  • lizws
    lizws Member Posts: 789
    edited February 2007
    Hi Buffalogal....sorry you've joined the club no one wants to belong to. Get youself a notebook/folder and start getting copies of all your tests, info and pathology report. Once you see your doctor, you'll know more and have a plan. Stick here and and we'll wrap you in a warm blanket, care and support.

Hugs
    Liz
  • jasmine
    jasmine Member Posts: 773
    edited July 2008
    Quote:

Jasmine: So how do we get rid of it, or better yet can we?

I don't know of anyway to get rid of what has already been posted and archived. You can go to this link: The Wayback Machine for more information on the archiving of the internet.
  • Biker54
    Biker54 Member Posts: 1,042
    edited February 2007
    Good evening all, I had my onc appt. today. Whheeww! Blood work looks good except for a slightly elevated liver enzyme. Do ya think it could be the drinkin'???? Everything else was good.

Nicki, I love my Martinis with those bleu cheese olives!!! And...WTF is up with Googling us? People can see all our info? I thought we were safe here.

Jeannie, My goodness, you have a lot of snow!!! Just snuggle in and enjoy the weekend. We have plenty of hugs and weed (oh my) to go around .

Liz, You better stay girl. We all have warped senses of humor here.

Amy, Don't worry about your sense of humor. Mine is just as warped as yours! It helps me get throught life.

Susan, Great tents!! Where did you find them?? They look so comfy and inviting.

Deb, Thanks for the extra blankets. Sounds like most of us will need them tonight. It's so cold, not even the extra logs are helping at this point!

Vickie, ROTFLMAO! Will you share him? I think you need to get rid of the duct tape, before the authorities start banging on your door.

Cheri, Sounds like you have your hands full!! I have a grandson just like that. Scary!!

A lot of you are taking various drugs. My doc prescribed Lunesta for me to sleep. The literature says not to take it with alcohol. Does that mean that I can't have wine with dinner if I take it at bedtime ? I'm not giving up the wine!!! Well, I'm off to catch up on all the TV that I missed. We tape everything, since we fall asleep after 8:00 in front of the TV. If only I could stay asleep once I hit the sack!
  • [Deleted User]
    edited February 2007
    Vickie, where are you?? I'm at the Hooch tent and looking for you! Don't make me send a possee. Come out, come out, whereevr you are!

cheri
  • Madison
    Madison Member Posts: 859
    edited February 2007
    Gee, I leave for a few minutes and Liz swipes a CASTLE....
    I actually went to that castle in Europe many years ago.....AWESOME place...

Cheri, I don't know about Vickie, but I'll join you n the Hooch tent.

M
  • newvickie
    edited February 2007

Hey Cheri pal...been having a pillow fight with my "borrowed" hunk...where have you been!

• newvickie
    edited February 2007
    I'm so glad I have people helping me swipe stuff. Told my daughter about all of this and she's laughing at her kleptomanic mom!
    Jan...I'll share...he's tired me out!
    Madison...I'm on my way.
    Lovin all the protection we have this weekend and the castle is great.
    Denise...you have me laughing.
    Make sure you watch the video's I posted for all of you.
  • newvickie
    edited February 2007
    Just popping back in...
    Buffalo girl...we know it's scary but stick with us and we will get you through. This is a wonderful, warm, loving circle and I love it here. We laugh, we cry, we rant, we rave...we care about each other and you are welcome here.

Not sure where everyone went...seemed to have lost my way to the castle...a bit too much of the hooch for me!!

CY...thanks for posting the link.
    Hugs and love to NS, Colleen, Madison, Cheri, Liz, Susan, Shel, Jeannette, Brenda, Karen, Jan, Deb, Denise, Carrie, Puppy(where are you?), and everyone else...I can't come up with all the names...need to make a list of all my sweet sisters here.
    love ya all,
    Vickie
  • newvickie
    edited February 2007
    My Sister

My sister is my heart.
    She opens doors to rooms
    I never knew were there,
    Breaks through walls
    I don't recall building.
    She lights my darkest corners
    With the sparkle in her eyes.

My sister is my soul.
    She inspires my wearied spirit
    To fly on wings of angels
    But while I hold her hand
    My feet never leave the ground.
    She stills my deepest fears
    With the wisdom of her song.

My sister is my past.
    She writes my history
    In her eyes I recognize myself,
    Memories only we can share.
    She remembers, she forgives
    She accepts me as I am
    With tender understanding.

My sister is my future.
    She lives within my dreams
    She sees my undiscovered secrets,
    Believes in me as I stumble
    She walks in step beside me,
    Her love lighting my way.

My sister is my strength
    She hears the whispered prayers
    That I cannot speak
    She helps me find my smile,
    Freely giving hers away
    She catches my tears
    In her gentle hands.

My sister is like no one else
    She's my most treasured friend
    Filling up the empty spaces
    Healing broken places
    She is my rock, my inspiration.
    Though impossible to define,
    In a word, she is...my sister.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited February 2007
    Hey Vickie, Madison & I are on our way! I love pillow talk..oops...pillow fights. lol I thought I might swipe one of the protectors for a little while & see if he'd like a little pillow...talk or fight.

cheri
  • shokk
    shokk Member Posts: 790
    edited February 2007

Good evening ladies.......I was wondering what all the rugus was about.......should have known......geez you girls just won't behave yourselves (thank God)....anyway I need your help with something...last night I was getting ready for bed and remembered that I needed to wash some underwear and a couple of bras but didn't want to take the time to do a delicate wash so I filled up my bathroom sink and put in some woolite and started to soak them....laid down on my bed for a minute and the next thing I know the alarm is going off.....so I got up to use the restroom and went to the sink to wash my hands and quess what there is my undergarments still soaking in the sink.....so I had to wear a pair of undies that I really don't like and by the time I got to work I had decided that I HATE this pair of underwear.....it is the antichrist of underwear so I had a horrible day at work and when I got home I took off the underwear and I know what ya'll are thinking...yes I was just going to threw them away...but I can't it just isn't enough....so I have rewashed them and dryed them and I was wondering if anyone would mind if I threw them on the fire to watch them burn....I really needddddd to do this and I was thinking maybe we could all howl at the sametime.....thank you all for your support....and if anyone needs to join me in getting rid of something I am sure the fire is big enough.....

• newvickie
    edited February 2007
    Ok shokk...throw those babies in the fire. I have a couple of mastectomy bra's that I will toss in with you...ugly hateful things that they are! I want to toss in my pathology report too!

A poem for all of you
    A Simple Thank-You, My Friends
    by warmhrt
    Into the dim lit, bare walls of my world,
    You entered, bringing light and life to me,
    The vivid colors, painted with a swirl
    Of wit and charm, of personality,
    With tender care, you added comfort, warmth,
    And images that line the now bright walls.
    I look upon them fondly, bringing forth
    A thankfulness that you walk in these halls
    With me; our friendship has become a part
    Of my world now; it has its special place,
    Within my being, life, and in my heart,
    Your name hangs right beside your smiling face.
    Rememb'ring just how drab these walls had been,
    I have to thank you for the light, my friend.

Feeling a bit meloncholy tonight...what can I say...it's been a looooong week.