Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

TIME TO CIRCLE THE WAGONS GIRLS

Comments

• sherloc
    sherloc Member Posts: 893
    edited February 2007
    Denise, extra gentle hugs for you hon. Did you have rads? If so you are predisposed to Costo Chondritis which is inflammation of the cartledge around the ribs. Comes on very fast and hurts like hell.

Amy, yehaw!!! I love good news.

slide on the ice???? ahhahahahhaahahahhahahahha
    Deb you always make me smile

I found us a few protectors.

and some jammies to keep us warm
  • sherloc
    sherloc Member Posts: 893
    edited February 2007
    ooops thats just the General.....heres the rest of them
  • newvickie
    newvickie Member Posts: 2,941
    edited February 2007
    Oh yeah...way to go Shirley!!
    We will be well protected all weekend.
    Good job.
    Anyone what anything swiped? Anyone swiped? LOL.
  • neesie
    neesie Member Posts: 1,110
    edited April 2008
    I like your thought Shirley. Costo Chondritis. (at first I thought you were sending me to Costco's!) I have had trouble with ribs for years. I've pulled cartlidge's several times and it does hurt like hell and takes your breath away.
    Thanks,
    Denise
  • neesie
    neesie Member Posts: 1,110
    edited April 2008
    P.J.'s, Hugs and Drugs,
    I've been looking for a home business..without realizing it, I think maybe I just found one!
    I'm making sure I have plenty of clean towels, blankets and comfort foods for our weekend P.J. and Hot Tub Party. The front door is open, just come on in when you get here!
    Love,
    Denise
  • newvickie
    edited February 2007

I'd be the first to order one of your bumper stickers Denise...heck I'd probably order several!!

• Biker54
    Biker54 Member Posts: 1,042
    edited February 2007
    PJs, Hugs & Drugs!! WooHoo, count me in!! I did spend a little too much tme in the hoochie tent, after watching the twins yesterday. I had a big vodka martini with 3 bleu cheese-stuffed olives, followed by 2 glasses of Cabernet. I actually slept until 3:30 without getting up to pee and flash . DH was threatening separate bedrooms this morning. He said I not only ripped off my covers last night, but his also. When he tried to cover himself back up, I grabbed his covers and tore them off again. I was passed out, I have no memory of this, so I think he is making it all up.

I'm getting ready to go to my 4 month checkup at my onc. With all the awful things happening on the boards, my stomach is all in knots. I am really nervous. Oh well, it is what it is and I can't change it, so I will put on my Big Girls Panties and deal with it!

Jeannie, Big Time Crap!!!! I don't know if this EVER ends.

Denise, I wouldn't let that pain go. I think you need to call your Onc.

Bridget, Hmmm, Dirty Girl Scout?? Sounds like a winner to me . I like chocolate martinis also. How was the job interview?

DebC, The Peppermint Patty sounds good too! I agree with you. I dealt with my dx with humor. You have to be able to laugh at yourself. I do it all the time.

Gina, I'm glad you found a surgeon you like. That is important! I had the bilat. with immediate recon. with implants. I think my surgery took about 5-6 hours. You will do fine. I can't believe you can't take painkillers! When I had my surgery, I was off everything by the third day. Hopefully, they can find something you can take.

Madison, After watching the twin grands, I need both those glasses of wine! They never stop moving!! I also work with a woman who I swear is the devil. We share the same job, so we hardly ever work together, but she always finds ways to make my life miserable. Since seh is my boss's wife's best friend, there's not much I can do about it!

Susan, Love those pics!! Keep em coming.

Shel, Sounds like a great job offer. My son wants to move to FL also. He can't take the cold weather any more.

Karen, I can't believe your pavement has been under snow all this time! Wow!! Right now, we are just friggin' cold.

Vickie, I will be joining you in the hoochie tent for the weekend. We need to go get some extra wood for the fire, since there are so many in the inner circle right now.

Nicki, I'm glad you are feeling better after your port removal. Aww, what the heck. You deserve to take a day off once in a while. See you in the hoochie tent later, too.

Amy, We have a farm down the road from us and they have two donkeys. One is a baby and so cute. Everytime we go by them I whine to DH that I want one soooooo bad. Say hi to Mazer for me.

I have to get ready to leave for my dreaded appointment now. I'll try to check in later. Hugs to everyone I missed. It took so long to catch up, I have no more time to post.
  • jasmine
    jasmine Member Posts: 773
    edited May 2008
    Vickie, I'm the one with the bumper stickers not Denise.
  • lizws
    lizws Member Posts: 789
    edited February 2007
    Amy - OMG! I didn't mean anything by what I said (of which I really can't remember). I love hearing about you and your life. Makes me homesick. Please accept my apology. I didn't mean to offend you. Maybe it's time for me to stay away for awhile. I'm really sorry Amy.

Hugs
    Liz
  • silvergirl9114
    silvergirl9114 Member Posts: 310
    edited February 2007
    Deb---Couldn't have said it better myself! Kinda sets people back sometimes but hey---get used to the twisted happy camper routine. It works for me! I talk to my boob, give them silly names (The Lone Ranger and Frank(enboob)--you get the drift. I'm working on Hattie's sage advice----we are healthy until proven otherwise.

In the meantime---I am eating every sweet or salty thing I can get my hands on! Stress eater, can you tell? Next I'll work on the booze! Probably a good thing it's snowed so much we really can't get out and we're running low on stuff.

BTW---just northeast of here they have 123" of snow. We have about 3 feet on the ground but that's always less then the actual snowfall since it settles after it sits there for awhile. The system is allegedly with us until Monday. The snow piles along the driveway are up to David's head. Are we having fun yet?

Jeannie
  • cmb35
    cmb35 Member Posts: 554
    edited February 2007
    When I was first dx, a good friend sent me the entire collection of "Fawlty Towers" on DVD. It's an english comedy if you're not familiar with it, starring John Cleese (Monty Python.) It is truly hilariously funny, even my son laughs out loud - great, big, belly laughs. So maybe we could have some funny movies at the pj party as well.

And yes, sometimes you just gotta "be the ball" (OK, that doesn't really quite fit, but I find it funny for some reason...)
  • AlaskaDeb
    AlaskaDeb Member Posts: 1,159
    edited February 2007
    OMG Colleen...I LOVE Caddyshack.....

NaNaNaNa...Be the Ball. That was TOO funny.

John Cleese is one of the funniest men on the planet too

Laugh away girls....

Deb C
  • newvickie
    edited February 2007
    Alwayshope...oops...chemo brain or something of the sort LOL. But...there you go a home based business.
    Just can't figure out what Denise is doing...
    oh my I am soooo confused.
    And this is WITHOUT
  • newvickie
    edited February 2007
    XANEX!
    Liz...huh...?...you couldn't offend anyone here...stick around ok.
    hugs all
    Vickie
  • AlaskaDeb
    AlaskaDeb Member Posts: 1,159
    edited February 2007
    Jeannie -
    One of my best friends and I have a routine with “Are we having fun yet”.

No matter WHAT when one of us asks “Are we having fun yet?” The answer is ALWAYS! No matter what. We have said it at all the crisis times in our lives…my cancer, her house burning down…through everything the answer is always ALWAYS.

SO…you made me smile with the question…and the answer is ALWAYS! We are always having fun….though you should tell good old Frank(enboob) to quit vacuuming up the yarn lint…BAD Frank…

Hang in there girl. And what is with all the snow? Did you really tick off the weather man or something? You can tell it must be bad if an Alaskan thinks you are having a crappy winter!

Hugs
    Deb C
  • jasmine
    edited May 2008
    I'm going to try to figure out how to add some sparkles to it and will repost a new one for those who want to use it as a footer.

I have paint shop pro, does anyone know how to add sparkles to an image using psp?
  • newvickie
    edited February 2007
    hey...my post above kind of split into two posts...what the heck.
    I feel like we've entered the twilight zone or something...doodo doodo doodo doodo.

You see what the auditors are doing to me!
  • newvickie
    edited February 2007
    I WANNA GO HOME!!!
    PLEASE SOMEONE RESCUE ME!!!
    TGIF!!!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 2,728
    edited February 2007
    Oh my goodness! So many posts and it seems like I was just on.

Colleen: I think somewhere I missed your actual post, but from others it sounds like the pup has a urinary tract infection? That was the first thing I thought with blood in the urine. So very glad the urine test showed no cancer cells. My animals are part of my family. So I understand how you feel.

Amy: Now that was good news from your onc. Im really excited for you and hoping you can stop treatment come April. And what a great explanation of the Mardi Gra Cake. Sounds pretty darn special. And Oh, BTW Im standing behind the bar. Just filled a shot glass with some Jamesons and sliding it down to you. Ya know the true Irish call Jamesons "Mothers Milk" it goes down so darn smooth.

Madison: You have to picture me standing here with my mouth drooling but my hands up in the air saying stop. I am starting South Beach again - so no Mardi Gras cake for me Sure sounds good though.

Denise: I have come to accept that we have good days and bad days. But I dont care what anyone thinks of me. If I dont feel good they just have to accept it.

DebC: Love the laughter story. I feel like that too.

Newvickie: PJ's, HUGs and DRUGs. Im laughing my arse off here.

Jan: Good luck at you 4 months f/u appointment. My surgeon called me this morning. Shocked the heck outta me. Its not like I had anything major done. Wanted to know if I was ok. Told him he was the best and that I had paper cuts that hurt more than this. Your martini sounded soooooooo goood. Olives stuffed with blue cheese just put me over the edge.

Liz: You didnt do anything wrong. Remember me? Im the one who thought Amy was living in a house without power!! No one should ever stay away. We just are not the same.

Susan: Ill take a pink blanket thank you.

Jasmine: Im all mixed up. Whats the bumper stick? Oh Oh Oh is is Pj's, Hugs and Drugs

You all are just too funny. Thats why I come here. You can always put a smile on my face.

Loved the pictures Sherloc.

To everyone else, I just rain outta time so Ill check back with ya all later.

Nicki
  • silvergirl9114
    silvergirl9114 Member Posts: 310
    edited February 2007
    Quick weatherperson lesson. This is what happens when we have the mildest December and January on record. Lake Erie and Lake Ontario didn't freeze like they usually do by now so the prevailing Canadian winds coming across the lakes pick up all sorts of moisture they wouldn't normally and WHAM! Major snow dump all over the place when the air mass hits land.

I'll have to remember that----ALWAYS. Which s pretty much the way I view life anyway. Have to or we'd all go nuts. I have my Sweet Babboo, my wonderful kids, those beautiful grandbabies---what's to b**ch about, really?

In the mean time, let's hear it for yarn lint.

Jeannie
  • [Deleted User]
    edited February 2007
    Jeannie: Oh Im watching the news coming from upper New York and its looking nasty.

Sliding you a shot of Jamesons also.

Nicki
  • Odalys
    Odalys Member Posts: 929
    edited February 2007
    Hi CG's - I just love to sneak-a-peek at this thread in the middle of the day. You are all so creative and your sense of humor always brings a smile to my face. Goodness, you all should do stand up comedy.

NS- glad to see you were able to get answers quickly. I admire your strong spirit and courage. You're in my prayers.

It's awful about all the snow. Stay warm and take care,
  • cmb35
    cmb35 Member Posts: 554
    edited February 2007
    OOOOohhhhh!!!! So that's what "lake effect" snow is? I never knew what they were talking about...

I have taken care of snow for New England. Just plunk down a HUGE sum of cash to go in on a ski house, season ski pass and lessons for one 10 year old son and VOILA! no snow!! LOL

Nicki - Mr. Jake has an enlarged prostate, I think they're doing the antibiotics in case it's a UTI, but that doesn't really seem to be the case. It wasn't really in the urine so much, as spurting out of him as he was ahem.... well, you know... LOL (OK, I can laugh about it now, but let me tell you, it was quite a disturbing site when it was happening as I was making my son french toast on Wed AM!!)

OK, I'm offically coming down with a cold, what a way to start the weekend! So I'm off to drink some Airborne (I know, completely psychological, but I swear it works!) and rest up a bit - I don't want to miss the pj party!!

BTW Deb and all, do you have other lines you say from movies with friends (or just expressions)? In addition to "be the ball", my friend and I say,

"You crashed this party mother, you're on your own"

"What are you 80? Get in the car!"

"Lighten up Frances!"

"Orange whip, orange whip, orange whip, four orange whips!"

Anyone remember the movies?
  • [Deleted User]
    edited February 2007
    Ok everyone. I was browsing around, reading different posts. I checked out "I just googled my name" in the Help me through treatment forum.

So I tried it. OMG - it brings a bunch of posts from the I Want My Mojo thread. DebC your there. Then they can click on your name and read all about you and read everyone of your posts!

You have to change your names! I added a 1 after mine and now when I google it I get nothing!! This is very scary.

Colleen: Gosh darn I was hoping it would be something simple like a UTI. I hope you doggy is ok.

Nicki
  • [Deleted User]
    edited February 2007
    OK! Like I said. This is serious. The entire Mojo thread is accessible and so is all information about us.

Mena, Tinkermax, Fichik, AlaskaDeb, newvickie, Jaybrids, Cheri123, Sherdon, Christine, Sige, DonnaK, RoxwoodAgain, Shel38again, Nanium and Lini. You can read all your posts from google and I can get all of your information.

And changing your name doesnt help!

Chemosabi1
  • jasmine
    edited May 2008

Yes, and there are some places that are trying to archive the internet and use 'web crawlers' that go out on a regular basis and scoop up and save web pages from thousands of sites. The internet is a VERY public place so be very careful about posting identifiable information.

• [Deleted User]
    edited February 2007

Jasmine: So how do we get rid of it, or better yet can we?

• Madison
    Madison Member Posts: 859
    edited February 2007
    I really thought there was PROTECTION on this site...guess I was wrong......

YIKES......What to do? What to do?

M
  • lv2cmp
    lv2cmp Member Posts: 899
    edited February 2007
    Man I should have checked in sooner.

Liz-Dont you go anywhere missy. I was joking back at you. I dont take offense to anything said,,never have,,never will. Lifes too short for that anyway. I come here to laugh and have a good time and I know sometimes it easy to read expressions into post that arent there or cant see expressions that should be there but you all get the drift,,right? Anyway, I seldom ever get my feelings hurt regardless what is said. I was only joking back with you because Alabama is redneck and I will be the first to admit it and joke about it. Sit back, enjoy the fire and lets laugh some more.

Nicki-I hope you didnt think I meant anything by my comments either about me living with no power.

Geesh I have a warped sense of humor I suppose but I am what I am.

Yep, nothing is secret here on the web so be careful. Its really not secret anywhere else either,,remember the debit card identity theft we were all just discussing?!?

Deb-I love your sense of humor and its good to remember to laugh....ALWAYS!

ok dangit,,I sure hope Liz comes back to read her PM that I sent her and to the circle. Hmmmm,,was she a Christmas card person,,if so I have her address so I can use the ol snail mail but that takes forever. Geeeesh,,,I hate that somebody thinks I got my feelings hurt or something. Ok I know quit dwelling but I cant stand to see somebody upset.

Pass me another one of those drinks Nicki,,that was smooth stuff.

Amy
  • snowmen_n_thongs
    snowmen_n_thongs Member Posts: 367
    edited February 2007
    ya i have known of this for along time.... i guess i thought everyone knew...strange....but for me i dont think alot of ppl google snowmen_n_thongs............. lol
    well i came home to nap well no such luck... guess i am going for a beer with a girlyfriend....
    but i will behave better tonight... i promise really i do!!!!!!!!!!!
    tracey