Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

TIME TO CIRCLE THE WAGONS GIRLS

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 1,233
    edited February 2007
    Vickie, don't be sad I've been in da funk for 2 days. Let's go the Hooch tent & drown our sorrows. You are such a good friend and we both need a little fun. Or at least wrap up in blankets by the fire and just all sit close.

pals,
    cheri
  • b445
    b445 Member Posts: 980
    edited February 2007
    Jan had to crack up about the covers. I read what you wrote about the DH threatening separate bedrooms and my DH asked if you took that from my journal. Sounds just like me. I tell him what ever I say or do after I go to bed can not be held against me because I won’t remember it

Buffalogal, welcome to the circle. This is a wonderful support group. You couldn’t ask for a better one. There is lots of information on this site. Take a deep breath and breath! Check out some of the threads to find some questions to ask when you see you Dr. Remember it’s best to take someone with you and even a tape recorder so that you can go back over the info that will come at you so fast you won’t know what hit you. Don’t go to the dark places. The “Beast” can be beat. Keep you head up stay strong and have faith.

Colleen, do you have The Gilda Club there? They usually have a group that meets that deal with kids and helping them through all of this “stuff”

Cheri, have you thought about going to a second hand store and getting a wheel chair to get around so y can do more outside the house with the kids? When my back was so bad I couldn’t walk we got one so I could still do things with the kids. Best thing I ever did. The kids loved pushing me around and even took turns riding on my lap!

Susan the tents are great. Just an FYI many State Campgrounds have Yurts (minus the beds) like those that you can rent.

Jan, I think they just don’t want you to drink too much when taking the sleep aide. Try it on a day that you don’t have to be up early the day until you know how you react to it.

Jeannie, hope that yarn lint is all it is. You’re not suppose to hoard it in your boob! You’re suppose to make squares with it! You silly girl!

Have my yearly performance review on Monday or Tuesday. This will be the first one with the guy that beat me out for Office Manager. I always get hit with the “you’ve missed a lot of work” Wonder what he’ll say and hope that I can keep my cool with it.
    I missed at least 8 hours a week for the first half of last year and then most of May due to the “Beast”. After June I tried to make up all the time I had to take off.

Oh and the company is being “bought out” by Brookfield Asset Management out of Alberta Canada. They are saying business as usual so I hope they mean it. We still don’t know what they are going to do about our benefits yet. That could take upwards of three to four months before we know. I hope they keep us on and keep up our benefits too!

Wow this is getting long. Think I’ll go peek into some of the tents to see how everyone is doing? Maybe Janis is back with baby Avery?
  • [Deleted User]
    edited February 2007
    Cy, I thank you for the suggestion. I have a new wheelchair but I've had to use one so many times in the past 7 years that I despise them! I'd rather use a walker, not that I like that either. I've had so many bungled up surgeries & had to learn to walk on this leg 3 times that I'm just about sick of it. My dh is so good, he offered to take me to the game & use my wheel chair but I declined.
    But thanks for thinking of me.

cheri
  • newvickie
    newvickie Member Posts: 2,941
    edited February 2007
    off to the hoochie tent with Cheri...will probably pass out in a warm fuzzy pile of blankets so somebody please hide the trumpet from Madison!
    hugs and love all around,
    Vickie
  • 2up
    2up Member Posts: 944
    edited February 2007
    holy cow you guys...........i left for dinner at 6pm......came back just now and there are 72 new posts and a wild party going on!!!!!!

i'd go to the hoochie tent but i had a couple of beers with dinner, and i have to be in town by 9 am tomorrow to see the doc (and as you all know.........i don't do mornings gracefully lol!)

hope you are all having a relaxing time tonight.........we all deserve it right about now!!!!!!

i, myself am "quite relaxed" for a change! i'll talk to ya'll tomorrow...........i have 3 loads of laundry to do, and a collin farell movie calling my name!

gina..........i'm going to pm you my phone number.........please call me (i have 2 cents a minute so i can call you right back)..........i really want to talk to you about all you are about to endure ..........i think i have a little 'insight' about recon that you may (or may not) want to be armed with!

love to all.............shel
  • Madison
    Madison Member Posts: 859
    edited February 2007
    Vickie, Cheri and all....

I'm joining you in the hoochie tent...

BUT I think one of our fine looking guys just ran off with the trumpet

You know what that means

We are going to have to find him and TACKLE him to get the trumpet back.....this could be FUN

Madison
  • [Deleted User]
    edited February 2007
    Shel, I just can't believe you missed our party. It's fun,thoughtful,comforting,inspiring all rolled into one. Well, plus the men were so pretty to look at! I like my protectors handsome & strong. Have a good night.

your pal
    cheri
  • [Deleted User]
    edited February 2007
    OOOh Madison, Vickie and I will help you tackle that big gorgeous hunk of man...if we must. As long as you promise not to play that dang trumpet in the morning! As bad as we hate to we'll chase that lovely man down.

Help is on the way
    cheri
  • Madison
    Madison Member Posts: 859
    edited February 2007
    I promise I won't blast the trumpet tomorrow morning....

Now we have to go chase the man, AND TACKLE him....we absolutely must do this.....Oh my, what a sacrifice we must make...

M
  • MargaretB
    MargaretB Member Posts: 771
    edited February 2007
    Evening all, I'm late to the party but I'm here and sure could use something to drink.

Tracey, good luck with the transvaginal on Monday....not something I would look forward to either.

Jeannie, (((((hugs))))) - man, that does suck. Good luck with your appointment on Monday.

Madison, we need a driver for the magic carpet on Monday.

Colleen, I'm sure your son is terrified for you with all that's been happening around him.

Denise, this is the place to vent and we GET IT. I personally have no idea what could be causing your pain but someone here will. Just letting you know that I'm thinking of you.

Amy, fingers crossed that you get to stop taking xeloda.

Deb, I am a big believer in humor too. I have to laugh sometimes or I will cry. I think you have my address cuz I was on the Christmas card list; PM me if you don't have it cuz I don't want to miss a surprise.

Susan, love the dinner tent. I can cook - what do you think the menu should be?

Kristin, about that promotion, you know the saying, when one door closes, another one opens. There's a reason for everything.

Vickie, love your jammies. Wish I had the figure again for them. Had to come back and tell you I loved the poem.

Buffalogal, sorry you had to join us but welcome. You are in shock and will be for awhile. Once you have your treatment plan you will feel more in control, and we'll be with you every step of the way. This board was my lifesaver when I was first diagnosed. If you can, take someone with you to the dr. so they can take notes; you'd be amazed how much you don't hear.

Cheri, isn't it amazing how much of a pain a broken ankle is? Take care of yours - I couldn't believe how much more the sprain hurt than the ankle. I thought my broken ankle had healed pretty good and then 8 months later I sprain the same ankle. I'm still wearing a splint and am just now able to wear a slightly elevated heel. Thank goodness I can wear jeans and tennies to work every day.

Jan, tell me what I missed with the googling. I haven't found the post yet so I don't know what it was.

I think I must have missed a page of posts or something.

Hugs to all I missed.

Margaret
  • [Deleted User]
    edited February 2007
    Well Madison if you weren't such a good friend Vicki and I wouldn't want any part of TACKELING a good looking man...but we'll do it just for you. As bad as we hate to...

cheri
  • 2up
    edited February 2007
    WAIT A MINUTE!!!!!!!!!!

"HUGS AND DRUGS??????????"

well hell, let me grab my ativan, pop a tamoxifen, down a captopril, swallow an adalat, pop a pantoloc, grab a beer..........then put my feet up!

nobody said it was "hugs and drugs" ...........i wouldn't miss it for the world!

but i'm too tired and "slow" to tackle anyone, so you guys "have at it"
  • b445
    b445 Member Posts: 980
    edited February 2007

just to let you all know I chaned my screen name but I'm still here!

• jasmine
    jasmine Member Posts: 773
    edited May 2008

I really don't think people should be too paranoid about posting unless they have used part of their real name/identity as their screen name.

• snowmen_n_thongs
    snowmen_n_thongs Member Posts: 367
    edited February 2007
    holy cow since i went out theres been 76 posts...
    hahaha so i went out for a few beers and ended up inviting two frenchmen home for dinner tommorrow night....omg they are so hot... construction guys...lol one is my age and the other is 25....but so hot....omg thank god for good husbands....lol
    he told them if they want to come earlier they can as he isnt working.......i will snag a few pictures... hot hot hot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    now i am goking to need my beauty sleep!!!!!!
    bonjour.....whooohooooooo
    ok its out of my system....
    xxxxxxxxx
    tracey
  • [Deleted User]
    edited February 2007
    I want to go to your house, Tracey!

Sparky, it's getting time we heard from you. I'm getting worried. Thinking of you.

Cheri
  • snowmen_n_thongs
    snowmen_n_thongs Member Posts: 367
    edited February 2007
    ok you girls are messing me up with the name changes.... hmmmmmm whats my new name going to be then!!!!!!

tracey
  • 2up
    edited February 2007
    hey..........ya know what we need posted here?

the "free hugs" link from you tube, anyone besides me remember it? i keep it in my favourites, but i could never begin to figure out how to post it here lol!

maybe one of you techno savvy gals can post it! i think we could all use a hug, especially gina and jeannie!
  • [Deleted User]
    edited February 2007
    Attention everyone: I have changed my screen name but it's still me. I'm not sure what good it will do but I'm doing it anyway.

Cheri
  • 2up
    edited February 2007

what's up with the name changes? do ya'll have a "lurking" ex husband like me lol?

• [Deleted User]
    edited February 2007
    Shel, all our posts show up on Google. Put your screen name in & google. It shows all our posts. Too weird. Try it.

cheri
  • AlaskaDeb
    AlaskaDeb Member Posts: 1,159
    edited February 2007
    As long as your screen name is not your real name you should be fine. No one knows my screen name to google. I don't have my phone number or address on my profile here. I am just not that worried about it personally, but then again, I am totally out there and open about my cancer. If you have people you don't want to know about it and you used your given name for your sign in, then, yeah, you might want to change that....

Deb C
  • 2up
    edited February 2007
    oh, i know.........my ex was kind enough to inform me that "the president of the united states" could read my posts..............since then, i just lay low about posting my latest treatments,or diagnosis, or concerns, or divorce crap, and totally avoid anything too personal.

the thing is though guys........you can change your screen name all you want, but anybody computer savvy (like my ex)can still figure out who you are based on your "url" (i think that's what it's called)...........so now i just keep my "stuff" to myself"...............but i learned the VERY VERY HARD WAY lol!

i'm so computer dumb that it never occured to me that my intimate thoughts did not belong here!
  • 2up
    edited February 2007
    and incidentally.........as angry as i was at him initially...........i'm now quite glad that he pointed this out to me!

now i just "pm" if i really need to "talk"..........but for the most part i just keep it all "generic" and "simple".......god only knows if i have family or co-workers or friends lurking too, so my whole BC journey has become quite private now!

but good for you guys for being "smarter than i was" lol!

i won't even provide input for a "newbie" anymore, that's how "cautious" i've become lol!
  • [Deleted User]
    edited February 2007
    You know, you guys are probably right. I guess I'll just keep the one I have. I really don't care what people know as long as its not identity information. I still write my personal thoughts here and i really don't care, after i thought about it. But I am leaving my city name out and just using the state.

cheri
  • jasmine
    jasmine Member Posts: 773
    edited May 2008
    Somehow...I don't think the President of the US is that interested in my posts.
  • 2up
    edited February 2007
    i'm quite certain he isn't lol!

it was a use of "imagery", to get a point across..........know what i mean?

you seem to be an intelligent lady..........so i'm sure you "get it"

i'll bet he's about as interested in me as I AM IN HIM!!!!!!!!!! but the bottom line is..........ANYBODY, ANYWHERE, ANYTIME can read our posts...........that was my only point! (something that never occured to "l'il ole me" till recently).........i geuss my 'stupidity' just shines through more and more these days.

happy wagon circling girls.
  • RoundTwoinCA
    RoundTwoinCA Member Posts: 74
    edited February 2007

SHIRLEY - I LOVE ARAGORN....I have a poster of him...he's SO gorgeous - I want him in the spa tent!

• RoundTwoinCA
    RoundTwoinCA Member Posts: 74
    edited February 2007

Oh - and I took down the pictures of my family when I realized how easy it was - didn't have their permission so figured they should go down....

• AlaskaDeb
    AlaskaDeb Member Posts: 1,159
    edited February 2007
    OK ladies...

I'm off to find that pile of blankets in a warm corner for the night. I have a big fluffly teddy to keep me warm. I was looking for the General, but he seems to be missing. I hope no one gets poked by the sword....

Night Night
    Deb C