Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

TIME TO CIRCLE THE WAGONS GIRLS

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 2,728
    edited February 2007
    Mena: Havent seen it. Sounds good cause my husband is already whining about it - a good one for when he isnt home.

Thanks

Nicki
  • [Deleted User]
    edited February 2007
    Ya know, I realized one thing after I had my surgery. I could have easily gone without reconstruction. And it took me alot longer to recover from the surgery. Im lucky I live in Chicago, big town - and had a BS that was my orchestra leader. I did what he said to do. I was so shocked by my diagnosis, I never even thought about options. Glad things turned out good for me.

Nicki
  • AlaskaDeb
    AlaskaDeb Member Posts: 1,159
    edited February 2007
    Nicki-

You said your BS was your orchester leader...do you play an instrument??? What one pray tell???

Deb C.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited February 2007
    Hee hee hee Deb. I should have said my quarterback. I know alot about football. The only one talented in this household is my husband. He's the entertainer. If I sing, well I sound alot like Linda McCartney did. But I can dance! I really can dance.

Nicki
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 1,233
    edited February 2007
    Well, I'm disgusted! I just put all that time and thought into my post & now its gone! Guess I'll try again. But its gonna be short.

Shel, you are so funny. lol

Shirley, (in my whine mode) I wanted the General. I just love his...power. Although, the cute dark headed flunkie is not beneath me. lol

Anne, glad your husbands home and is ok.

Colleen, hoping your cold gets better, just rest.

Susan, I know those exercises are a pain but it'll be over soon. At least you have your lap top.

Margaret, sorry about your ankle they are very painful. Mine has plates, rods and pins in it. One of pins is broken and just kinda moving around a bit and the ankle is broken in half. After all those surgeries in the past 7 years. But I have a really good now but I have to drive 360 miles to see him.

NS, that is one gorgeous afghan! I wish I'd had a part in that but I have no idea how to crochet. Guess I must learn. Thanks for showing the pic of it. I am very impressed. Hope you are doing alright and wish there was something I could do for you to help. I'm with you in spirit.

Nicki, we have "Backwoods Dial-up" for our internet carrier. We cant get dsl out here in the sticks. When Vickie or somebody posts something really cute on Youtube it takes close to 45 min. for it to load! I hate that.

Vickie, you are so funny. I just luve ya, cos you're so darned fun! I love/hate the picture of the Beast. Let's make that (can't say the word) suffer. Torment him & scare him & make him die a slow & painful death!!

Mena, you've come home! So glad you're out of that...uh...place to help with your little problem. You shoulda been at the Hooch tent last night with me,Vicki, Madison and the rest of the girls. We had a heck of a time. Oh, I'm sorry, dear. I guess you would've had to have drank 'Shirley Temples' due to your...uh...problem. OOOOPS, did I say too much? HAHAHAHA

Hey to all I've missed. I had names written down but I'm going to edit them because I didn't put spaces and see if it helps.

Cheri
  • [Deleted User]
    edited February 2007
    OK, my post made it big again. darn it I dont do anything different each time I post. I'll try & edit. Sorry girls

Cheri
  • [Deleted User]
    edited February 2007
    Well: I would like to slap the beast in the face. Im ambidextrous, so I would like to slap with my left and right hand.
    ...for changing my life forever - slap
    ...for all the pain I had to endure with surgery and chemo - slap.
    ...for taking some of my strength aware - leaving me with anxiety attacks - slap
    ...for whispering in my ear, everytime I go see the doctor or have to have tests done n- slap
    ...for trying to sneak back in - slap
    ...you best stay away from my friends - slap

whew. that felt better. Now give me some gasolene and matches. We need to have a big campfire tonight.

Nicki
  • Mena
    Mena Member Posts: 263
    edited February 2007

Mon Cheri...I was at the Hoochie tent, dressed like a man...you know...the one you tried to, uh, make a buck from...remember you got real loud when I turned you down?...xo

• [Deleted User]
    edited February 2007
    I'm sorry Mena that you fell off the wagon last night. I thought you were doing so much better. I'm surprised to hear that you now have a cross-dressing problem. Do you often enjoy dressing like a man with that fake mustache? BTW, did you have a banana in your pocket or just REALLY glad to see me? HAHAHAHA

Cheri
  • newvickie
    newvickie Member Posts: 2,941
    edited February 2007
    MENA...it was YOU dressed as a man...oh I'm sooo embarrassed now. Guess I had to much to drink!! Cheri...that was NOT a banana in her pocket...it had batteries...that's when I ran!! LOL.
    You girls are too much.
    Have we heard from Joy...wondering how poor sweet Kevin is doing.
    Handing Nicki some gasoline...ummm...wait...lets use something a little safer...how about some kerosene ok. Build that fire up big...it's gonna be another cold night.
    Sheri...no reconstruction here either. I too am considering it but not sure if I want to or not...wavering back and forth like you. I miss my boobs darn it! I hatet the prosthesis, just not sure if I'm up to more surgery. Chicken!
    What kind of trouble are we going to stir up tonight ladies. I know of a beast that needs a few more "hits"...I just went and tazered him LOL. Needless to say he's not too happy...we will show him who's boss!!
    Love ya all]
    Be back later
    Vickie
  • neesie
    neesie Member Posts: 1,110
    edited April 2008
    Hi Ladies,
    Had a real nice time with Daughter at art/craft show. Alot of nice things.
    Vickie: I was reading your post about washing your car, I believe you said you had to pee and it was frozen solid! Be careful trying to thaw those pipes!
    Deb: OMG..love the instrument comment!
    Susan: The knee thing has to suck. Speedy recovery to you.
    Anne: Glad to hear your husband is "okay!"
    Colleen: I hear those colds are real clingers! (spell check?) Take care. Husband made Chicken Soup today. I'll send you a hot bowl.
    To all, I'll go back and read some of the post..in the mean time, take care, be good and have a good weekend.
    Hugs,
    Denise
  • neesie
    neesie Member Posts: 1,110
    edited April 2008
    I keep looking at that ugly beast. So far I haven't thought of anything evil enough for him. I'm usually very quick with my mouth, but this (deleted) has left me tongue tied.
    Hugs,
    Denise
  • newvickie
    edited February 2007
    Denise...I'm certainly not going to use a salamander! LOL!
    Hugs
    Vickie
  • newvickie
    edited February 2007
    Weeelllll...I can see that last night was just too much for some of us...where is everyone?
    As for me...well, I'm grabbing some hot chocolate and my crocheting and sitting by the fire, come join me and we'll tell funny jokes till dawn.
    I think Nicki used the gas on the fire cuz it's a big one but nice and warm!
  • Mena
    Mena Member Posts: 263
    edited February 2007

Uh...Cheri...the mustache is real. Menopause has not been kind to me...and Vickie...I did author the mojo thread after all hahahaha...'course it had batteries...and attachments!

• newvickie
    edited February 2007
    ATTACHMENTS!!! Oh my.
    A mustache...ooo now come on...I've seen pics and your beautiful and I see no mustache. Now as for me...I have these stray eyebrows that keep appearing on my chin literally overnight!! Menopause sucks.
  • RoundTwoinCA
    RoundTwoinCA Member Posts: 74
    edited February 2007
    Cheri - I think it's the names with no spaces....just put spaces between the names...

• snowmen_n_thongs
    snowmen_n_thongs Member Posts: 367
    edited February 2007
    hi ladies...
    i just had a nap after work and i feel horrible... sore throat and a head ache...i had to cancel my dinner with my two hot hot hot frenchmen
    ooooh whatever it is its going to be a doozey...
    so i am thinking of getting into my pjs and going to bed...
    so all you girls have a great night and see you tomorrow...
    tracey
  • [Deleted User]
    edited February 2007
    Mena, sorry that menopause has been so unkind to you, you've really taken a beating from it. I should've guessed by those 2' stray hairs growing out of your chin, quite attactive. Yon know you could braid all those hairs & you'd have quite an Oriental look about you.HAHAHA

Vickie, I'm with you..where is everyone tonight? Last night I couldn't even keep up with things & tonight we're on our own. Good thing Mena'a here! I guess we wore the girls out last night with the big party. Or maybe they're all hid out with one of our protectors! I'll be jealous.

cheri
  • newvickie
    edited February 2007
    Uh oh Tracey...be careful with that sore throat. I know that your a long ways from where I am but strep throat is running rampate around here. Three schools here closed on Friday as they had 2/3 or the students out sick! Just a heads up if you don't get better in a couple of days.
    Hugs to ya
    Vickie
  • newvickie
    edited February 2007
    Yeah..I'll bet their protectors have batteries LOL.
    I've actually never had a protector with batteries but it's beginning to sound a bit interesting. I think I'm a virgin again.
  • newvickie
    edited February 2007

ah criminys...can't believe I just wrote that but what the heck!

• [Deleted User]
    edited February 2007
    Ginney, you are a genius!! How in the world did you know that I had to put spaces between the names in order to keep it from getting wide? Thank you, that has really stumped me! I went back and took out the names and look what happened...normal size post.

Thank you
    cheri
  • ArmyNavyMom
    ArmyNavyMom Member Posts: 134
    edited February 2007
    Evening All,

I am so glad that I'm not the only one who didn't know what a salamander was besides the little critters my Boy Scouts used to look for. I had this mental picture of the one type we have at one of our camps thats black on top, beige on the tummy with blue stripes on their sides; he was breathing fire on some frozen pipes.

Cheri123 - I wish you were here in Michigan. I would love to get together and teach you to crochet. However there are lots of how-to books, and I'll bet you could teach yourself very easily.

Not going to be able to stay here at the computer too long tonight. Between Taxol aches and not sleeping well the past couple nights I'm heading for bed. But the good news is the DH will be there to keep me warm. I won't even mind the snoring.

Sweet dreams!
    Anne
  • RoundTwoinCA
    edited February 2007
    LOL - I checked the last time and didn't see it - then this time I realized it won't wrap if it's one big word...

Glad it helped!

It is quiet here tonight - I've been trying to lay low so I don't piss anyone else off...

Watching my beloved Buffalo Sabres and enjoying the sound of the wind and rain...

Glad to see you Mena - I've missed you!

Tracey - we've had a lot of colds around here lately - DD had one around the holidays for over 3 weeks...

I'm just plain too lazy to read back...debating whether to go to the store and get milk so I can have my chocolate milk fix...probably will - just to get out today since I'll have to do some work tomorrow...I love the rainy days but it does make me relax a little too much.

Oh - and I rented a movie today - Her Minor Thing - a little independent film that was written and produced by a guy I worked with a few years ago. It's cute and the lead guy is so CUTE!!! My friend is in the special features - as is his wife and mother (all involved in the movie!). It was filmed in Sacramento and I think they did a pretty good job - nice little romantic comedy - good date or chick movie...

Other than that still feeling well - documenting my hair growth now - growing pretty good - could be all those vitamins I'm taking for the Zometa but happy it's there. Kind of like the salt & pepper - we'll see when it's longer...

So hello to all the CG's out there and hope you all are doing well...

NS - still have you in the spa tent...whether you like it or not! Hope you're resting...I know it's hard...

Hugs to everyone,

Ginney
  • RoundTwoinCA
    edited February 2007
    WOOHOO - Sabres win in a shootout!! Yay!!

Sorry - couldn't resist - I love the new hockey rules - it's so much more fun to watch!!

• AlaskaDeb
    AlaskaDeb Member Posts: 1,159
    edited February 2007
    I have addresses for the following ladies:

Purplemb
    Susanmcm
    Shel38again
    Newvickie
    Sherndon
    CherylG
    Lizws
    Silvergirl9114
    Sige
    Spartan72
    Snowmen n thongs
    Cthomason
    K4katz
    Lini57
    MargaretB
    Lynn48
    Lv2cmp
    Karen1956 Karen in Denver
    Ishop1
    Csp
    tgirl
    christineK
    RobinKW
    Chemosabi
    Madison
    Nosurrender
    Naniam
    Evilelf
    Cmb35
    Jaybird627
    Adrionna
    Gus
    RoundTwoinCA
    BRSTN
    Karen1956
    Shirley Larson
    Bald eagle
    Madison
    Judy53
    Biker54
    Cheri123

I am getting ready to send a little somethin'-somethin' in the mail If you want to get one, and you are not on the above list you need to PM me your address. You have a couple more days to join in and then it will be TOO LATE. Oh, and who ever it was that wanted a hint...it's smaller than a breadbox and isn't ticking! LOL

Deb C
  • newvickie
    edited February 2007
    Heehee Deb...smaller than a breadbox and not ticking! Well that's interesting.
    Ginney...laying low so you don't pi$$ anyone off? Who could you possible pi$$ off?!? Certainly no one here. Come out and play...we are all sisters here and we all care about each other no matter what.
    Ok...busy sewing squares together and oh are they ever beautiful so it's back to bed with me. Good thing I sleep alone as my bed is covered with squares!!
    Sweet dreams to all
    See you in the morning
    Love
    Vickie
  • RoundTwoinCA
    edited February 2007
    OH - and I forgot - to all that helped with g's afghan - it's GORGEOUS!!!

Ya'll are so talented....

Ginney
  • Naniam
    Naniam Member Posts: 586
    edited February 2007
    Evening CG'S,

I just talked to NS and she is really tired. As we all know this has been a stressful week. She wanted everyone to know that she is OK but isn't going to post tonight and she hasn't opened any PM's either.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. Ok, back to the Medic tent!!

Brenda