Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

TIME TO CIRCLE THE WAGONS GIRLS

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 1,233
    edited February 2007
    Shoot, dang it, darn, drat, I just don't get it! I can post personal pics but not funny pics!! I thought I was doing it right but nooooo! Yes, Tracey, that will be me if I ever figure out how to do it. lol Going to check my pm, bet I heard from Margaret on this.

cheri a.k.a. PICTURE MONSTER
  • MargaretB
    MargaretB Member Posts: 771
    edited February 2007
    Cheri, this is for you:

Margaret
  • nosurrender
    nosurrender Member Posts: 737
    edited February 2007
    I think you copy the "funny one" to your picture file on your pc then copy that to photobucket and then post it here...
    I think that is how you do it!
  • MargaretB
    edited February 2007

You're right, that's how it's done. Cheri, I hope you liked my humor.

• susanmcm
    susanmcm Member Posts: 699
    edited February 2007
    Ginney, you are the other instructional designer. ( remember now) Yes, I'm very familiar with Maslow and Yung. Not that I have anything intelligent to say about it.

Vickie, I always find meltdowns refreshing. Hope you are feeling better.

• [Deleted User]
    edited February 2007
    OK girls. I am dumb. I never really considered myself that way until I started messing with these pics tonight. I can post my family pics without any problem, just can't transfer the funny stuff. This is my SIL w/Ethan, Triston and the little baby, Kevin, who hates his grandmother!! Now see, I'm able to post this just not the other stuff! I'm having trouble with seeing a URL anywhere to copy.

• [Deleted User]
    edited February 2007
    Margaret, very funny. HAHAHA

pals
    cheri
  • snowmen_n_thongs
    snowmen_n_thongs Member Posts: 367
    edited February 2007
    aww how sweet cheri....
    lol you post pics and funny stuff the same way... hehehe
    well gnight my sweet sisters!!!!!
    off to lalalala land!!!
    tracey
  • [Deleted User]
    edited February 2007
    This is me after a few hours of trying to make this picture thing more complicated than it is!

• [Deleted User]
    edited February 2007
    Let's see. Now which one of you loves "The Boss"? Maybe Sparky? Humm?

• [Deleted User]
    edited February 2007
    OMG! Here's Mr. Gregory Peck for Mena! TOO MUCH FUN!!!

• [Deleted User]
    edited February 2007
    Look out Vickie, the 'stuffed animal cops' are gonna get you! (Margaret, didn't I tell ya, Picture Monster! Last one...for now.)

• TeddyJudy
    TeddyJudy Member Posts: 48
    edited February 2007
    Good evening ladies or should I say Good Night. I have not read anything since page 220. I will catch up, but for now I want to say:

To everyone that is need of prayers and special comfort I offer it to you.

By the way I was at the PJ party. I read quite a bit on Friday night, but never did write since it got to be after 3 am. I guess I should have at least said a line or two. I will know better for next time where there seems like a "zillion" posts for me to read.

Saturday for all you wine drinkers out there DH and I and another couple went to this incredible wine tasting fest at a Bay Area winery with over 40 wines to try (including ports and sweet wines) and several types of appetizers, including steak on a toothpick and zinfandel ice cream with chocolate chips. We were allowed to go back for more tastings of something we liked including the mini ice cream cones each with one large scoop of ice cream on it (I had 3 of those, but don't tell the "Spa" ladies ok....???? hehehehehehehe they will throw me out as many times as we wanted to. It went from 12 pm - 5 pm and it’s held 4 times a year (once a quarter.) It was ONLY $30 per person or $20 per person if you were a member. We were with a guy who was a member so we each paid only $20 per person. We are already talking about going again in May and August. The ice cream changes too. I believe the next one is a Cabernet ice cream. There were maybe 500 people there. Too bad it was raining though since the line to get in was outside.

Friday night DH and I watched from Netflix The DaVinci Code movie (I have not read the book), and boy does it make me REALLY want to read the book now. DH already read the book.

Sunday DH and I stayed home and watched Hide and Seek (Thriller) and part of Prince and Me (will see the rest tomorrow night) and washed clothes (I know how exciting huh?)- Got a question for any Wisconsin Girls out there after seeing some of the Prince and Me movie ---- do you guys race ride on lawn mowers for a sport? Also, girls do you girls go around showing off your tops????? Mmmmmmm I don't know about that state LOL......

Well better get going for now.
    Lots of Hugs and Prayers to all of you, and to any of you that may be having doctor appointments or testing tomorrow, I wish you the best of luck and GREAT results.
    Judy
  • snowmen_n_thongs
    edited February 2007
    its 1;42 am and i just caught my kid sneaking in....we are now in big time grounding zone!!!!! holy crap i am so pissed off ..... hubby is outside checking for boys lurking........
    what is going to be the punishment?
    tracey
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 2,728
    edited February 2007
    Good Morning Everyone: I just finished reading all of your posts and Im laughing so hard. What great pictures. Always nice to come here first thing in the morning and smile.

Sort of a crazy weather day. Its 10 degrees, going to a high of 28 which really is gonna feel like a heat wave compared to last week. But its snowing! Not bad, but enough to make the rush hour miserable. Even thought about not going in to work but the news says its gonna change to flurries. A big winter storm warning is in effect for tonight. Im not gonna whine though - not like upper New York where they have over 100 inches and the snow is still falling. Last week when it snowed it was subzero weather which made driving very bad cause of black ice. The salt did help much cause it was so cold. Oh I cant wait until Spring.

Betty: Good luck with your mammogram today. Hope all goes well.

Tracey: I have had the transvaginal thingy too. Youll get through it just fine - that is if you can get there! I loved the picture of the baby bears and the wine truck really made me laugh. "What girls do when they drink too much" hee hee hee. The picture monster was the best. So was you kid sneaking in the day before a school day. Glad Im not in your household today.

Margaret: Im so jealous - I dont know how to post anything. I really enjoyed the wagon picture.

Jduy: I was a Campfire Girl. They probably dont even exist anymore. We sold candy instead of cookies. And the wine tasting party sounded like fun.

Vickie: Last time I had a melt down was this past fall. I was driving about for work and saw a funeral procession. For some reason it totally freaked me out. So I pulled into a forest preserve. Started running down the walking path until I got deep into the woods. Stood there and cried my eyes out. Then sanity took over! I realized I was pretty deep into the woods and alone. Thought now this would be something, live through bc and get attacked by some strange person who might be lurking in the woods. Ran back to my car scared as all get out. Once I was in the safety of my car with the doors locked - I felt much better.

Karen: Actually I think its a good idea to see a sleep doctor. My sleeping patterns are much better, but thats cause I take medication. But my PCP said the lask of sleep could be depression or sleep apnea. And since my husband tells me I snore all night - I think I have both. Im so hoping you get to go on your trip to Israel. Im wanted to go to Bari, Italy. Small town where both of my parents were born. I would love to see how I almost was raised.

Jeannie: Yeppers heard of Jung. Also there is the Heart over Head theory. Basically says our reactions to crisis are part of evolution. Its a natural response. Good luck today and hoping you get some answers.

NS: Your directions seemed simple enough, but Im so computer illiterate. Where do you get the pictures to begin with?

Susan: Hope you have a great day

Cheri: You figured it out. Im so jealous. I would love to post pictures. I would turn into a picture monster also.

One more topic. I did send a pm and got an answer from our moderators regarding being able to google your name. There is really nothing we can do about it. We or should I say, I forget this is the internet. All kinds of people have access. And you should never post personal information on the internet. Your pm's are safe!! Once I got the explanation, I wasnt upset about it anymore. Made alot of sense to me. You should never post your private email addy unless you dont care if it gets on other sites in the internet.

Im listening to the morning news. Roads are slippery. Guess Im gonna have to get an early start. So I hope you all have a wonderful day.

Nicki
  • MargaretB
    edited February 2007
    Don't have a lot of time this morning. Nicki, I'll PM you intructions - it's very easy - ask Cheri.

Margaret
  • Madison
    Madison Member Posts: 859
    edited February 2007
    Morning All,

I took dd (home on leave) out of town to visit family and friends. She hasn't seen most of them for 15 months and enjoyed her visit.

I will read through the day (at work probably) to catch up on everyone's posts....

Madison
  • newvickie
    newvickie Member Posts: 2,941
    edited February 2007
    I am not grumpy, mean or miserable. THE AUDITORS ARE DONE!! woo hoo...life at work is back to normal. Good morning to all and I'll check back in a while when I get a break.

Love and hugs
    Vickie
  • snowmen_n_thongs
    edited February 2007
    lol vickie i wont be around today to post pictures but my day is starting out like this.....

[image]http://image[/image]

nikki no school today but the kid was here when i went to bed around 11 ish... hubby went and looked outside last night and followed footprints she def was with someone driving... she is only 15.... i guess i better put on the bifoculs cause here we go!!!!
    ok ladies i am up and going to get ready for this trek going to check the road report then shower....
    tracey
  • cmb35
    cmb35 Member Posts: 554
    edited February 2007
    Morning ladies

Vickie - I thought I was the only one who didn't have my Christmas stuff put away! (Though we did finally manage to take the tree down a few weekends ago!) Sorry you had a meltdown, hope you're feeling better now.

I'm still down and out with a nasty cold, and finally have work to do regularly, so I need to try to get stuff done today anyway. Just wanted to say a quick hello to everyone!

BTW there are "amazing kids" on Oprah again today, one is an 11 year old from India who is some sort of genius, and a medical genius in particular. He's working on a cure for cancer, and let me tell you, crazy as it sounds (I think he's 11) he gave me hope today in a big way! So send your positive energy his way!!
  • sherloc
    sherloc Member Posts: 893
    edited February 2007
    Good Morning Ladies. My self-imposed recuperation period is over. Sniff, sniff. Since wednesday I have watched, Lord of the Rings trilogy, Gladiator, King Arthur, Kingdom of Heaven, Mission Impossible 1,2,3, Bad Boys 1&2, Star Wars 2&3 (couldn't find 1), IRobot, and AI (that one is so weird, creeps me out). Gee can you tell I like sword fighting and things that blow up? I am movied out for a while I think.
    Must clean the wagon today. Can't stand it anymore. NS, feel free to come help.
    Hubby told the kid to do the dishes last night when he got home from work. He loaded up the sink (don't have a dishwasher) and left for the night. Grrrrrrr.

NS, your words inspire me. Sloppy bug kisses to you too.

Margaret, used to have 3 men in my house. Thought I got rid of 2 of them but 1 came back so now I have two. You have my sympathies. Whats toilet paper?

Anne, good luck with the electric company. Hate it when they mess up bills.

Vicki, Ladies in Red sounds awesome.

Tracey, ahhahhahahahahahhahahahah
    You better be at your appt. I so don't want to have to come to the frozen north to kick your butt.
    uhoh, SOMEBODYS IN TROUBLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!
    Wouldn't want to be your kidlet today.

karen, bug kisses for you to my friend. I'm overloaded with doctors this week too. I'll be thinking about you.

Jeannie, waiting anxiously to hear about your appt.

Cheri, that little boy looks like an angel. They all do acutually.

Judy, Wine Festival sounds grand. I used to go to the one in San Bruno every year. Haven't been in ages and ages.

Have a great day Nicki. Be safe.

Colleen, hope your feeling better soon.

Off to accomplish something. Maybe I'll even put clothes on today.
    hugs and sloppy bug kisses to one and all.
  • RoundTwoinCA
    RoundTwoinCA Member Posts: 74
    edited February 2007
    Hi all,

I'm at work so can't stay - but I just got an email from my friend back East that one of our friends from high school was found shot to death on Saturday. Just don't know how to deal with it...I'm in shock...
  • lv2cmp
    lv2cmp Member Posts: 899
    edited February 2007
    Wow over 200 post over the weekend. We are a busy group for sure.

Liz-thanks for the drink and glad you understand I am just warped,,,lol. Must be the southern part in me.

Biker-Glad you have a warped sense of humor also. It takes all of us to make the world go round though. I couldn’t help but laugh on the slightly elevated enzyme. I have had the same thing and I know my oncologist is probably thinking,,man how much does this girl drink? Oh well, he better just get over it.

Newvickie-love the pj’s. Did you “borrow” those? I loved the virgin again comment. I think it could happen! You took the Christmas tree down? Why so early? Lol I love that donkey pic that you posted.

Madison-sorry your onc. mentioned the bone c word. I don’t blame you for not going back to work with not good thoughts on your mind.

Buffalogirl-you are at the roughest part in my opinion. The waiting sucks but once you have a plan it does get easier. Sorry your husband isn’t there for you. Men,,,,oh don’t get me started,,lol.

Shokk-good story on the underwear. I tell ya, that can ruin a good day if you have on bad undies. Socks are the same way with me. I have gone out at lunch and bought socks and threw the ones I had on in the garbage. Gotta have a happy butt and happy feet I suppose or I ain’t happy!!!!

B445-CY-I love yurts. I actually contemplated building one on my land but wasn’t sure about the lasting ability. I checked into them a lot and got lots of good info but didn’t know in 10 years or so what they would look like. I still love them though. Oh my gosh, I just realized who you are,,,,like the name change but it took a while to sink in.

Hello Margaret,,hope you are having a good day.

Wow tracey—out snagging men huh? Good thing your husband is easy going,,lol. Sorry you got sick and had to postpone. Yikes that’s late for a child to be sneaking in. Punishment is never fun and I hate doing it but sometimes we have to. I honestly think my mom enjoyed punishing me,,,lol.

NS-thanks for the pictures. The afghan is beautiful. Sorry to hear you dealing with insurance issues. Sometimes don’t you just want to throw you hands up and scream?!? I know it wouldn’t help but sometimes it does make you feel better.

Baldeagle-I love clam chowder. Thanks for making lunch!

Anne=-glad your husband is home and hopefully doing better.

Menaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa—its about time you show up missy. We been missing you girl. How goes it? It was you that was the man? I knew it had to be a woman dressed up for me to like him,,,lol. Man, its glad to have you back here. Will say it again,,been missing you!

Susan-do you have a dvd player in your bedroom? Need some movies sent your way? Just tell us and we can take care of it. We are here for you.

Sherndon-good luck on the port removal and the boob decision. Good luck on the dress rehearsal. Be glad when you catch that mouse so I can get my feet off my desk.

Roundtwo—who did you piss off? I cant imagine you pissing anybody off.

Deb-glad my name was on the list. I love surprises! I cant wait. Smaller than a breadbox and not ticking….hmmmm I’m thinking,,I’m thinking but even if I guess you wont tell me if I am right,,will you?

Brenda-thanks for the NS update.

Betty-thinking of you as you go for your yearly mammogram. Glad you have somebody going with you and looking forward to the update with you telling us its all clear.

Kristin-glad you were able to go out and be normal for a night. It does help mentally to go out and have fun and attempt to leave your worries at home.

Joyce-thanks for the Kevin update and glad he is home.

Jeannie-thinking of you and hoping you get good news.

Karen-hoping your trip to Israel works out. My mom has gone but that’s not on my list of places I have to visit. Alaska is on the top of my list.

Cheri can post pics now. Watch out! Love the family pic and those are cute little boys.

Judy your wine tasting sounds like a fun thing to do. Surely out of all those I could find one that I like,,,well maybe.

Nicki-I know your story of running deep into the woods was not supposed to be funny but I could just picture it and it made me laugh. It sounds like something I would do and then I would realize I was all alone and panic about that. Geesh, the things we do sometimes.

Ok had a busy weekend but got lots done. We have beautiful weather today with a high of 62 and then I heard Wednesday they are predicting snow flurries,,,wtf? I mean you cant go from 62 to snow flurries,,its just not right.

I have got to get some pics up of my chickens so we can get some names going. Ok gotta run but will be checking in later. Love to all the ones I accidentally left out.

Amy
  • sherloc
    sherloc Member Posts: 893
    edited February 2007

Ginney, my prayers are with you and the family of your friend. That is so very sad.

• newvickie
    newvickie Member Posts: 2,941
    edited February 2007
    oh my goodness Ginney...I'm so sorry. Stick around for some warm hugs. What a sad thing.
    Hugs
    Vickie
  • Biker54
    Biker54 Member Posts: 1,042
    edited February 2007
    Darn it!!!! I just lost my whole freaking post. All of a sudden I was on a totally different site .

I was under the weather with the cocktail flu yesterday. I can hardly catch up.

Nicki, my sista! I was a Campfire girl, too!!! I don't know anyone else who was one. I liked your crying in the woods story. It's a good thing you didn't get lost, or you really would have had something to cry about (as my mom used to say). My onc wants me to see a sleep doc also. I'm almost positive I have apnea. I still haven't taken that Lunesta. I don't know why sleep meds scare me.

G, you watched Stepmom and Steel Magnolias??? Girl, what's wrong with you . When my mom was dying, my sisters and I watched Beaches. We cried like babies. The nurses kept coming in and trying to switch the channel, but we wouldn't let them. We are a little whacked. I love your afgan!! It is beautiful and looks so cozy.

Vickie, don't feel bad about the meltdown. That's what we're here for. My poor DH usually gets the brunt of mine. I have to keep telling him that I'm not mad at him or anything, it's just me. I have gotten really emotional since dx. I cry at the drop of a hat. I even cry when I listen to Josh Groban sing. I know how you feel about your family being gone. Both my parents are gone and I get to be the patriarch. I don't want that. I still miss having my mom around to laugh with. She was the best joke teller on the face of the earth.

Tracey, hope your US went ok. You better have gone to that appointment!

Cheri, the monster has been released! Great looking family though!

Joyce, thanks for the update on Kevin. I hope he is doing much better today.

Betty, I hope the mammo went well. I'm sure everything will be just fine. I am taking Arimidex also, and I hate this weight gain! I work out 4 days a week anad watch what I eat. It doesn't make a bit of difference. I am still gaining weight. My next goal will be to become the world's oldest anorexic . Not really.

Hugs to everyone I didn't get to. Jeannie, Sherloc, DebC, Kristin, Mena, Shel, Madison, Amy, shokk, Ginny, Brenda, Margaret, Tina and everyone else I can't remember right now.

I'll check back later.
  • Biker54
    edited February 2007

OMG Ginny, what can I say. How very sad.

• cmb35
    cmb35 Member Posts: 554
    edited February 2007
    ARRGGGHHHHH Just lost my rackum frackum post!!!

OK, can't redo it now...

Hugs to everyone... Amy, Margaret, Nicki, Vickie, Cheri, Tracey, Deb, Shirley, Judy, Jeannie, NS, CY, Susan, Judy, Ginney, every single one of you, can't think cause I'm seeing red that I just lost my long post that I snuck in here to do when I'm supposed to be working!!!

Ginney - so sorry, you must be reeling!

NS - yikes to the movie selections! I just watched the Family Stone movie though, so who am I to talk? LOL

ok, later
  • snowmen_n_thongs
    edited February 2007
    ok ladies....
    guess what i started off driving to the app but the roads were so bad i had to turn around.... guess they even closed the roads...but i did feel the a$$ kickin cause when i went grocery shopping i wiped out in the middle of the road and landed on my butt... ouch...
    hospital called a rescheduled to feb 26....
    i really wanted to go but the drive is to long its a hour and a half but i wasnt going to risque it...
    so here i am ... nap first then i catch up on posts....
    tracey
  • Biker54
    edited February 2007
    Oh well Tracey. I guess we can let you slide this time, what with the weather and all. I think I'm ready to join you in that nap. My head is pounding and my eyes are burning. I think I'll just curl up on the sofa and watch reruns of Law and Order on TNT. It's what I do best .