Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

TIME TO CIRCLE THE WAGONS GIRLS

Comments

• newvickie
    newvickie Member Posts: 2,941
    edited March 2007

WHAT!!!! Who in the world would say something so nasty to you Alwayhope!!! Guess what...YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL. Oh I can't tolerate nasty mean spirited people.

• jasmine
    jasmine Member Posts: 773
    edited May 2008

Oh THANK YOU Vickie! You are so sweet. I don't really think the poster intended to be mean, it was just an uninformed opinion. Like I said, I used to hold that same opinion, I'm ashamed to say, before I had to start dealing with this.

• sherloc
    sherloc Member Posts: 893
    edited March 2007
    Hi girls. I'm still kicking. Went out to Tea today with my old co-workers. It was grand fun but wore me out. Came home and slept for 3 hours. Still hurting quite a bit. But not as much as yesterday so I guess that means I'm getting better.
    Gonna go read to catch up. See ya.
  • jasmine
    edited May 2008

Hey there Shirley girley. So glad to see you out strolling the wagon circle.

• nosurrender
    nosurrender Member Posts: 737
    edited March 2007
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY SWEET FRIEND NICKI!!!!!

For you:

Your fella all grown up:

AND as a baby!

Love you girl! I hope you have a FANTASTIC BIRTHDAY!!!!
  • nosurrender
    edited March 2007
    OK- hold onto your hats.....
    I FINALLY WENT TO A WALLMART!!!
    Yep! my first time.
    Microwaves, wallmarts.... WHAT IS NEXT?!
  • jasmine
    edited May 2008

OMG!!!! Its the apocalypse! LOL...and how did you like it?

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 2,728
    edited March 2007
    OMG NS: that has to be the best Birthday present - I really mean it. I have tears in my eyes seeing that beautiful horse.

Microwaves and Walmart! What will be next?

Love ya so much

Nicki
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 1,233
    edited March 2007
    Jas, you just tell me who said something so mean & ugly to you and I will line them out. Who do they think they're talking to and why would they be so insensitive? I'll fix it for you.

Nicki, how could you possibly like those horses as your'favorite present' when i got you that cool Snow Igloo over on the other thread. Just can please some folks. lol

cheri
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 2,728
    edited March 2007
    Jasmine: Ate another bag of pistacios today. Yeppers i did. I ate the whole thing

Nicki
  • jasmine
    edited May 2008

Ah thanks Cheri, that is so sweet. Nicki, I've actually been really really good this week since I have to turn in this food diary to my pcp next week.

• nosurrender
    edited March 2007
    Lisa... please don't wait and watch. Get an MRI if you have to OK??

Jeannie they told me no makeup too! That is what THEY think!

Hey Sue! can I go to that conference too???

Theresa I am so sorry about your friend. That is such a shock and so tragic! I shop needs us?? WE ARE THERE!!!!!!

Nicki, I am glad you are working out whatever you have to with your DH. BUT I have a bone to pick with you. 57 is the AUTUMN of your life??? ARE YOU KIDDING? It is just beginning! I work with people who are in their 70s and 80s and are still working, on boards, one just wrote a musical, and the other just started a new company at 78! Age isn't what it used to be. We used to think of 60 as ancient... now people are just hitting their strides at 60. SO no more of THAT talk!!! It is still Summer for you miss!

((Cheri))) If you weren't a cystic person I would worry more. BUT since you are prone to cysts and since you are making it hurt more by touching it makes it sound like a cysts. My tumors didn't hurt by touch. They hurt now- but that is because of the 17 core biopsies. BUT as your sister I will tell you to get a mammo/sono and if you are not satisfied demand a breast MRI. it probably IS just a cyst- but if it isn't, don't let it grow any bigger. Early detection is just as important post bc as it is pre-dx. ((HUGS))

Thanks Jasmine and Madison for saying what you did about that blashemphous "special" that will be on tv. Vicki you are right- his elevator doesn't go all the way up! Denise, you already saw it?? I think they should be ashamed of themselves!! Of course, there WILL come a time when they will LEARN the truth and boy are they in for a surprise! My faith gets me through everything. No movie or documentary could ever change my faith- but I DO GET MAD when I see people trying to change other's faiths... no matter what it is. If you want to know my honest opinion, I think the world has gone to hell in a handbasket lately!

Holly, if you were sitting there with my cat he would have crashed through the window to get to those birds!

Laura, what a time you have had. PLEASE- get a restrianing order. ASAP. He should be no where near Caitie or you. Change the locks on your house. Get everything in your name. Cancel any credit cards you have in shared names. Document everything that has happened. GET A KICK ASS LAWYER. Your life is at stake. Your daughter's life is at stake. You need to protect what is precious to you. I know he may have been "your rock" once, but now this rock is trying to roll over you and smother you. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE protect yourself and your daughter. If you can get an alarm system get one. If you have one, change all the codes. Alert your place of work about this so he doesn't attempt anything at work. Alert the school so he doesn't try to abduct Caitie. I AM SO GLAD you are SWITCHING LAWYERS! You have a beautiful life ahead of you- protect yourself and Caitie now so you can enjoy every precious second of it. BTW- I have a friend who works for the DOJ in Ohio if you need her!
    (((Hugs to you)))

Jasmine I have just one thing to say to you- YOUR BEAUTIFUL DAMMIT! LOL!!

Wallmart was HUGE and one minute I am in the cereal aisle and the next turn I am motor oil! I saved a TON of money on cat food. I bought a lot of stuff like paper towels in bulk and things I need to stock up on for when I am a prisoner here. I even got another pillow! This one is a memory foam one for between your shoulder blades which I saw at Bed Bath and Beyond for $69 and got it at Wallmart for $18! I passed on it at BBB- now I am glad I have one!

Oh yes- one more thing- I installed a timer to the outside light today too! I now do WIRING!

Oh Nicki! I wish I could deliver him to your door for you!!

I saw an old friend today and she told me that if I did Yoga my cancer wouldn't have come back. It is hard not to think bad things about a person when someone says something like that to you! She said I was "out of balance" and that is why the cancer cells could grow. I told her I had a test and my immune system was in balance. Totally made that up.. but she said "REALLY? WOW. Then I don't know WHY it came back."

OH BROTHER.
  • Gus
    Gus Member Posts: 177
    edited March 2007
    NS,

I was going to buy you this nifty shirt for your birthday, but I guess I can't now. Have you ever shopped at a Target?

Hugs! It's good to see you posting!
    Sue

P.S. Nicki, don't worry about the pistachios! I made a huge dent in a bag of Cadbury Mini Eggs today. Good thing I didn't give up chocolate for Lent!
  • jasmine
    edited May 2008
    NS, next we have to get you into a Sam's Club. You would go wild there too! I frequently go to Sams and buy those huge bags of frozen skinless chicken breast and then re-package them into single portions in freezer bags so I can cook one or two at a time.

You can get some very good bargains at Walmart.

On the yoga front, if that was the way to cure or prevent cancer these people would be rich. That's just idiotic!!! And I loved that you made up a story to give back to her. Now I bet she's less certain about her invulnerability to breast cancer which is a good thing. People need to be aware that nothing at the present time can prevent or predict it and they need to be vigilant.
  • newvickie
    edited March 2007
    NS...I sweetie...when is your surgery date? So good to see you. I went to walmart today too and I love walmart! Got lots of good deals and of course bought more yarn that I don't know where I'm going to put! I also splurged and bought a Bissell flipit mop/vaccuum...so cool and easy to use and you don't have to buy more mop pads for it, you throw them in the wash and reuse them! You installed a timer..woohoo...good for you. I'd surely electrocute myself doing something like that! Do you need reading material, DVD's, magazines, anything at all that we can send you to keep you busy during your recover? Love ya sweet sister.
    Laura...ok...been there with the gun crap...time for that boy to hit the road. When you start playing with guns things are way out of control. I did the same thing and hid my ex's gun as it got to a point that I was afraid to go to sleep at night for fear he'd shoot me or himself. NOT worth the agony or the stress.
    Shirley...so happy to see you!
    Alwayshope...I'm pretty skinny but I'm suddenly getting the "belly" thing goin on...look a wee bit pregnant and doing exercises! Know what...I don't give a rats a$$...I'm here, I'm alive, I have all of you and I'm beautiful...we are all beautiful...off to get a dish of ice cream!
    Faith has carried me though the past year and a half and will continue to do so.
    Lisa...love the picture you posted. It's kind of fitting for us...pulling each other up.
    Goin back to the cyber party as Miss Cheri is a wee bit intoxicated and givin the polar bears drinks...Deb says it makes them fart and we can't have them smellin up the boards.
    Love to you all
    A good night fairy to bring you all restful, sweet dream filled sleep
    Vickie
  • AlaskaDeb
    AlaskaDeb Member Posts: 1,159
    edited March 2007
    LOL at Vickie...hon, you CAN NOT be a LITTLE bit preggers LOLOLOL, It's an all or nothin situation

I read back trying to see what Ishop is going through and can't find it. I'm send her hugs, but someone fill me in...my poor brain can't keep things straight!

Love Ya...

Deb C
  • newvickie
    edited March 2007
    LOL DEB...if I were preggers it would be truly a miracle...ain't seen no men in these parts in many moons. A new virgin here LOL.
    Not sure myself what's up with Ishop but hope she's ok and keeping her in my prayer.
  • dash
    dash Member Posts: 173
    edited March 2007
    Good evening all--
    I am so ready to quit chemo--I know, I know. But I was once again so nauseous and I couldn't choke down the cytoxan pills today. I could barely drink any liquids and I am so dehydrated. Gotta have a serious talk with my onc I guess. I had ativan, compazine and zofran today. Seriously, I wonder if I can quit though...why do some get 8 courses and some get 12(of CMF)I've done 8 already(whiiiiinnnne)

NS--this one(Suca) is usually a rascal who would have his face glued to the window but he was in an sleepy trance between the sun and my petting...image

And tell your yoga friend, I did yoga daily PRIOR to getting the damn beast...arrrg people! Oh brother is right!

Vickie you'll have to distract the polar bears yourself tonight---I'm heading to bed already--glad to see this day finished(and it started so good too...sniff, whine)
  • neesie
    neesie Member Posts: 1,110
    edited March 2007
    Just stopping by for a quick good night. My GD is spending the night and I'm still trying to fight this cold/cough thing!
    I haven't read much yet but wanted to check in.

Laura: This is not advice. Just my opinion. Take your Daughter and get the HELL out of there. Games over. No more free passes. No more "get out of jail" cards. OUT, Out, Out! Won't go into detail, but in MI, they just found the body (or part of the body) of a woman in her Garage after she was missing for 3 weeks. A typical suburban Family. Guess who is wanted for Murder?

Jas: Let me get ahold of the person calling anyone of us Fat.

NS: I just love your attitude! The only thing I saw was a clip on the News about the "new find."

Nicki: Hope your B'day was great!

Vickie and Madison: Don't knit your little fingers off!

To all, until I read the post and catch up, Hugs and Love.
    And to all who had surgery, test, procedures this past week..I'm glad all are doing fine.
    Love and Hugs,
    Denise
  • Helen1
    Helen1 Member Posts: 24
    edited March 2007

Just wanted to wish you a happy birthday Nickii. Also wanted to let you know that after 2 rounds of xeloda my tumor marker went from 682 to 181. I got a horrible hand foot syndrome reaction, but onc decreased the dose by more than half, so heres hoping to at least stable tm's

• susanmcm
    susanmcm Member Posts: 699
    edited March 2007

Cheri, give it a couple of days. I wouldn't start worrying yet. If you still feel it on monday call your onc. I feel lumps and in a day or two they are gone.

• AlaskaDeb
    edited March 2007
    Oh Holly...chemo just flat sucks. I did 6 DD A/C instead of 4 and then topped it off with 12 weekly Taxol. I got half way through taxol and SO wanted to quit. I had to really talk myself into finishing. I guess since I was triple negative, I toughed it out. Now that I'm done, I'm glad I did it all, but while I was I was ging through it I though it was nuts. I have no advice, but I'm sending you a big old hug. Get some extra sleep and be kind to yourself. Hang in there girlfriend.

We are taking the kids to the musical Beauty and the Beast that the local theatre group is doing. I'll be back later

Hugs
    Deb C
  • susanmcm
    susanmcm Member Posts: 699
    edited March 2007
    Holly you can whine all you need to. We are all ready to quit chemo as soon as we start!!! Hugs and more neck and shoulder rubs for you today.

NS, when is your surgery? You are full of piss and vinegar today. I love it. hugs.
  • jasmine
    edited May 2008

Hi Helen, I'm so glad to hear that you are getting good results from your chemo.

• Boo46
    Boo46 Member Posts: 261
    edited March 2007
    Laura - Your post is very frightening. I agree with the other girls here-things have escalated to a dangerous point. Please protect yourself and your daughter.
    Always hope - Love your avatar
    Holly - oh yeah chemo sucks. Hang in there you're more than half way
    NS - When people say stupid things to me I often stand there speachless with a look of pure shock on my face. Can I borrow you for comebacks?
    Sweet Dreams all.
    Sue
  • PeanutsGirl
    PeanutsGirl Member Posts: 115
    edited March 2007
    Happy Birthday, Nicki!! This might be one of the last of the day, but it is heartfelt.

Had a busy day today. My in-laws are preparing to move into assisted living this coming week. My DH has been at their house often to help. He has a brother, who lives across the state. However with all the lake effect snow we've been having, it's been hard for him to get here. Normally it's a 2 and a half hour drive for him. The roads can get really bad around Grand Rapids. The in-laws have been deciding what to take, what to give away and what to throw away. They've lived in their house for 60 years. They've got a lot of stuff. We're also dealing with medical issues with them.

LauraB, what you're going through makes the difficulties we've experienced with this moved seem so trivial. Please be careful. Everyone has given you good advice, I don't have any to add. I'll remember you and Catie in my prayers. Your situation makes me both sad and angry.

Laura
  • karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,604
    edited March 2007

Nickie - I know that you are long asleep - but still wanted to send b'day wishes on your special day. I hope it was everything you wanted it to be. I am tired, so going to crawl into bed early. Be back tomorrow. Karen in Denver

• AlaskaDeb
    edited March 2007
    Whew...what a day I had. The writer’s workshop was awesome. We had a great time at Beauty and the Beast. It was a full, full day.

Please continue to keep my friend Scott in your prayers. They have removed another (I think this is the 6th) melanoma this week. They have said he is stage 3 and they are doing full body scans next week to see if there are any mets. Even without mets, this is a very scary Dx...Like less than a 50% chance for five years. They still have a long way to go to even get their final DX, and the whole family is reeling. Scott’s wife just lost her mom to cancer this summer and they both seem against chemo…maybe because of her mom’s experience, maybe because it is not really very reliable for melanoma. Sorry…I’m rambling, but I am still trying to make sense of all of this. I am just so damn sick of cancer that I am totally unreasonable about it. I am taking it VERY personally that my friends and family keep being attacked by this beast.

Anyway, my feelings aside, please remember Scott and his family, my friend Linda who is done with chemo and just starting rads for stage 3 ILC, My friend Erica who is half way done with chemo for stage 3 IDC, My friend Connie who has just started her chemo for stage 3 IDC and DC in situ, My friend Jane who just finished chemo for ovarian cancer, My dad’s friend Dan who was just DX with advanced prostate cancer and John’s Aunt Rosemary who declined chemo and is hoping to remain healthy.

I hate that my list is this long. I hate that so many of you are fighting this damn beast still. I hate that those of us that are resting from our own fights still fear a second battle in the future.

At lunch today I ran into a friend who introduced me to her lunch companion who is also a BC survivor. She had a mast and chemo 16 years ago. She still got a tear in her eye when she told me.

I think I’m just really tired from a full day. I’ll be more cheerful tomorrow in the light of day. Sending hugs and prayers for ALL of us, where ever we are in our journey.

Hugs
    Deb C
  • b445
    b445 Member Posts: 980
    edited March 2007
    Been a busy day. it's late so will just have to catch up later. Just want you all to know I'm thinking of you,
    Hugs and prayers
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 1,233
    edited March 2007
    I'm walking the perimeter just once more tonight to make sure you're all tucked in & safe. Actually, i think I'm gonna ride the perimeter had enough walking yesterday to do me for awhile. Geez, I'd like to blame the way I feel on just the ankle/foot, but I do believe I am getting older. My muscles, joints and bones are sure sore today. Even up under my arms where I was putting alot of my weight on them from using the walker are sore. I've barely hobbled around here today. *whines*

I want to say a special thank you to Boo, Susan and NS for addressing the issue I had today with the lump in my breast. It shook me up a little more than I let on because I've never felt one before.The 3 of you were very understanding and I appreciate it as I do all of you for mentioning it. I've been afraid to touch it since. i'm sure its probably nothing but I'm calmer now.

To all my sweet friends I say good-night. May your dreams be filled with sweetness.

pals
    cheri