Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

TIME TO CIRCLE THE WAGONS GIRLS

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 2,728
    edited March 2007
    Good Afternoon Everyone: TGIF! TGIF! I'm home and happy. Have a nice glass of wine and ready to start the party. Will head over to our party thread in a bit.

Today was another yucky day. Everything is dirty. The snow is dirty, my car is dirty, my shoes are dirty and my windshields were so dirty I ran out of windshield washer. Had to baby them a bit to get home. This isnt gonna be one of my week-ends where I can jsut sit around in my pj's all day. Tomorrow, we are having an informational session at the group home Im involved in. This is gonna be fun - and man oh man, its making me get a life again.

Sunday, we are going out for dinner. Sounds simple doesnt it? You have to understand my husband hates going out to dinner. So when he offers, I jump at it. Turned into something a little bigger than a nice cozy dinner for the 2 of us. My best friend, my sister, my SIL and her husband. Yikes, now Im gonna be forced into beging social too.

Jasmine: Now thats a funny story, but I bet the physcian assisted weight loss program ends up working for ya. And then I will be sitting here, doing south beach, exercising, and still gaining weight! I wish so much I could afford a personal trainer. Even just 10 sessions. Or better yet, 3 months. But alas, too expensive. Im gonna be with my friend this week-end and she has so much money she could throw it away and not miss it. Maybe I will whine a little and get her to get me a trainer.

Holly: I've been anxiously waiting to hear how the conference was. It sure sounds like you had fun. Inspirational too. I was so glad to hear, your husband went to a lecture. I bet that helped him out a whole lot. And the sexy things party. You have to share

MargaretB: Unfortunately I think my problem is that Im still eating more calories than Im burning. Even if I not eating carb. My clothes are tighter!! Ahhh but tomorrow is another day.

Tracey: Your so funny. So you dont have a whole lot to say, so you just poked in to say hello. How is your class going. If you told me, somehow I missed it. Being a nurse I have had to work my fair share of week-ends and let me tell you I so understand. You have to tell us what the weather is like, because like I told you - your a predictor of whats gonna happen here in Chicago. Its been like that all Winter! I want so bad to plant flowers and see my Spring perennials start to bloom.

Amy: I so agree with you. I think a new job is the answer. But - I still think its discrimination and that stinks. I always hat Fridays, somehow I miss your posts and dont see you until Monday. Makes the week-end long. So glad everyone was safe through those storms last night.

OK everyone. Chemo brain and wine! Great mixture. I reading about the Enterprise. First the ship, now the city hit by tornados. And Im trying to understand comments relating to both!

Cheri: I was just wondering where you were. Im hoping by now your ordeal is over and your home. No handicapped? No Valet? Man - I guess living in Chicago has me spoiled. I hope you got good news from your onc.

Theresa: Oh that is great news. So glad the tests were good. Now you must come to the cyber party thread to celebrate.

Vickie: Loved the wheelchair. We could have races and play volleyball. I figure when I get older, in a nursing home, I will be a forgetful nurse who walks around taking out all the patients IV's and catheters! Ah - to get old.

Denise: My brother has had schizo-effective disorder since he was 16! Now he will be turning 50. It's the kind where he always decompenstates cause he stops taking his meds cause he doesnt like the side effects. It really scary to see someone who is truelly psychotic. Hears things, see's things - and the paranoia is unreal. There are studies now showing it is hereditary and they are looking for predictors in DNA. Strange he got this from my mom's side. And I got BC from my dad's side.
  • jasmine
    jasmine Member Posts: 773
    edited May 2008
    Thanks Jan, but I don't have my bone density results yet. Probably next week.
  • Biker54
    Biker54 Member Posts: 1,042
    edited March 2007
    Continued....

Deb, I get so many positive comments when I wear your little gifts. Has everyone received them so we can talk about them out loud?

Girls, I gotta tell you. I am doing the South Beach diet, like Nicki. I did this a few years ago and didn't have a hard time with it. This time is quite another story!! My head is pounding all the time, all I can think of is cookies and I'd kill for a sip of wine. Today is a little better, but Jeez Louise! I have got to hang tough with this cause I've have got to get weight off my knee. I think Margaret was talking about muscle weighing more than fat, well it does! When I get on the scale, people can't believe how much I weigh. I do work out with weights 4 times a week. But in the end, I am still way too heavy. Sorry for the whine, but you ladies always make me feel better.

Nicki, how are you making out? I'm trying not to cave and drink this weekend. But, if I do, I'll just get back on track on Monday.

See ya'll later!
  • Biker54
    edited March 2007
    Oops, sorry! I thought you had your results back. There are so many post to catch up on, that my eyes are crossing. Good luck though!
  • [Deleted User]
    edited March 2007
    Jan: I refuse, absolutely refuse to give up my wine. Drank it last time and still lost weight. I just gotta stop eating a whole bag of pistacio nuts.

Nicki
  • Biker54
    edited March 2007

Oh Nicki, those nuts are my downfall also. I absolutely LOVE pistachio nuts. Do you make that pistachio chicken recipe in the book? I leave the chicken breasts whole and serve it as my entree, not a salad. Everyone loves it! I didn't totally give up wine before either. I drank on weekends and I think that is where I am leaning this time too.

• ArmyNavyMom
    ArmyNavyMom Member Posts: 134
    edited March 2007
    I thought pistachio's were one of the good-for-you nuts?? I know my favorites (cashews) are bad. If we're not 'sposed to be eating pistachio's , which ones are good for us?

Anne
  • [Deleted User]
    edited March 2007
    Anne: Pistascio's are good for us. One of the better nuts. But they are high in calories. Eat some your good. Eat a whole bag full and your fat.

Nicki
  • Biker54
    edited March 2007

Bwwaahhhahhhaaahhhhaaa!!

• jasmine
    edited May 2008

I eat almonds. On WW, 23 almonds is 4 points. Sometimes, I eat 23 almonds and have a ww non fat yogurt for breakfast. Plus the almonds add fiber and keep things moving.

• dash
    dash Member Posts: 173
    edited March 2007
    Tgirl--Yay!! Great news!! Congrats!
    Cheri--Wish we all could bring you--make a party of it for you! Fight over who gets to push the wheel chair and generally be obnoxious...
    Well, it's official I have gained 20 pounds since chemo started in Novemeber. Is that a record or something? uggggg, how depressing.

Nicki--ladies are wild creatures or is it just BC ladies?! We ran the gamut of slilky pegnoirs, satin pjs, BC diva jammies, and flannel and sweats. It was a party sponsored by Pure Romance(the 'tupperware' of sex toys ) The women who sell these things are certified sex advisors or something of that sort. Anyhow, they had a large table set up with purple, orange, pink, vibrating, gyrating, fat, long, curved, soft, hard....accessories...lol. The woman who did the presentation took a volunteer for each toy(I did try but was not picked ) gave a background scenario such as your hubby comes home with an achey back... or you're in the shower in the morning... and you take this gadget and you.....! It was done in a very naughty, funny, non-offensive way. The women called up on stage were hilarious...to watch their expressions when they were handed the battery operated moving gizmos(they were able to keep whatever they helped demonstrate) They got to taste lubes and we learned the difference between lubes. The reps also talked a bit about becoming a rep--something about making $1000 per month? ANyhow it was fun to be a part of--everyone was so open about things...refreshing really!
  • Biker54
    edited March 2007
    Bayyore, nah, it's not a record. It seems to be the norm for us. The steriods and whatnot do a number on our bodies . That conference sounds like you had a wild time. I remember parties like that years ago. They were called "F*%#er Ware" parties !
  • [Deleted User]
    edited March 2007
    Holly:

Bwaaaaahahahahahahahaha!

Thats just what I was looking for. It sure sounds like it was fun.

Nicki
  • dash
    edited March 2007
    Jan---LOL--Oh no! Of course that's the perfect name though, lol!

When I went to my infusion on Tuesday, I got the same cotton brained lady as my first time there--not the nurse, this lady nips your finger for blodd and weighs you. ANyhow, she says, you've gained so much weight, you were such a skinny thing when you started, you'll have to do a lot of jogging when you're finished with chemo. Gee.. thanks very much lady!
  • Biker54
    edited March 2007

The nerve!!!! Let her walk a mile in your shoes! Some people in these onc offices have no sense of compassion. Most are great, but there are a few...

• ArmyNavyMom
    ArmyNavyMom Member Posts: 134
    edited March 2007
    What a tackless.... sorry, won't use that word. Wish you had someone as supportive as my clinical trials nurse. I was whining about all the weight I've gained in the past 10 weeks and she assured me it was the steriods and that most women drop 5-8 pounds just like that (snap your fingers here) when they come off the steroids. Then the lovely sweet lady went and got me a shrimp sandwich and a cookie, and offered to get me a piece of cake out of the nurses lounge. And she wonders why I accused her of being an enabler....

Anne
  • [Deleted User]
    edited March 2007
    Im Beautiful Dammit!

Nicki
  • dash
    edited March 2007

Thanks ladies...Anne I hope that's true about the weight drop! Love your nurse! Ah, this was the same lady who said on my first visit that she won't get BC because she has no family history and no risk factors....duh...! Nicki,that's exactly what I should have said. I'm still beautiful dammit!

• silvergirl9114
    silvergirl9114 Member Posts: 310
    edited March 2007
    Checking in----it's B9! YAY all over the place! It was a fat necrosis with hemmorhage (sp?). I have no idea how dead fat could hemmorhage, but that's what it was. Now all I have to do is get the bone density and bone scan for the pain in my hip---which will turn out to be arthritic changes, I'm sure, but the onc ain't buying that Reader's Digest School of Medicine opinion on my part.

What a relief! Even my onc's nurse told me I have to stop doing all of these scarey bumps in the road---I'm wearing THEM out!

Have a great evening all.

Jeannie
  • Madison
    Madison Member Posts: 859
    edited March 2007

Yay!!!! Jeannie......Good News...

• jasmine
    edited May 2008

Hurray, Jeannie!

• [Deleted User]
    edited March 2007
    Jeannie: This is wonderful news. Yahoo!!!

Nicki
  • dash
    edited March 2007

Jeannie...what a relief, girl!

• newvickie
    newvickie Member Posts: 2,941
    edited March 2007
    wooohooo for Jeannie!!! I am sooo happy to hear your good news and it's so nice that they let you know before the weekend. Come to the party thread...have some fun!

Can't post much through my laughter...you girls have been on a roll...wheelchairs, "toy" parties, drinking and nuts...oh my!
    Love ya all
  • newvickie
    newvickie Member Posts: 2,941
    edited March 2007
    Hey girls...my daughter set up a myspace account for me...I am clueless on how it works but I have figured out the basics and it's kind of fun...if anyone has a myspace and want to add me or have me add you send me a pm.
    Love and hugs
    Vickie
  • Gus
    Gus Member Posts: 177
    edited March 2007
    Hey girls, we're on a roll..I got the ALL CLEAR at my appointment also! Theresa and Jeannie -- YEAH!! GREAT NEWS!

Amy, I'm so glad you are OK. My heart just sinks whenever I look at the pictures of the high school in Enterprise.

Holly, I just went to one of the home "intimacy enhancer" parties. I don't think I have ever laughed so hard in my life! I was interested in the edible massage oils, but they didn't have it in the flavor I knew my husband would use -- beer! Oh, and you should tell your infusion friend that it is going to be hard for you to go jogging with your boot in her a$$!

NS, You are beautiful, dammit! Love your story! I went into surgery with a new set of fake nails, and I told the nurses that they'd have to work around the nails to get the oxygen monitor on my finger.

Jan, There's no way I could give up my wine! I have a friend who lost 80 lbs on South Beach, so I'm tempted to try it too!

Oops, my daughter needs to use the computer to IM her friends. Be back when I kick her off!

Hugs to all that I missed!!!
    Sue
  • lizws
    lizws Member Posts: 789
    edited March 2007
    Hi girls, lots going on here so I haven't had a chance to read everything. Sooooo great news to everyone who got it. Sher glad you're recovering. Nicki happy birthday tomorrow.
    NS - empy your pm box. Hugs
    I'm going to try to come back later. My chemo brain forgot what I was going to say.

Hugs and Prayers to you all. I think of you daily.

Liz
  • k4katz
    k4katz Member Posts: 158
    edited March 2007
    Hi girls,
    Too tired to post much, but wanted to say HOORAY! to Theresa and Jeannie! Way to go!

Will check in tomorrow!
    Kristin
  • dash
    edited March 2007
    Sue--LOL, thanks for the laughs...loved what you posted and congrats for the all clear!!!!!!!!!!
  • karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,604
    edited March 2007
    Hi Girls - just a few mintues before candle lighting.
    I am so happy to hear the good news - Jeannie and Theresa and Anne - I just love good news. Thanks for keeping us posted.
    Amy and Madison - so happy to hear that you and your families were not in harms way with the storm.
    Joyce - how did recon #2 go today? Hope you are feeling okay.
    Bayyore - the conference sounded absolutely wonderful and so did the "demonstration". I think that tech at the clinic needs sensitivity training - or better yet find a new job!!!
    Cheri - how did appt go today
    Nicki - it must feel nice to not be a cancer pt. Way to go with brother. You are one strong women.
    Saw the hand doc today and she said the hand is doing well and the pain I have is normal even though it is 4 weeks post op. She gave me an Rx for hand therapy. There is a hand therapist next door to her office (which is 5 min from my house and they have late afternoon appt) - went in and made an appt for next friday (first one after work) and they are checking with my insurance company. Even if it is not covered may try to pay for a couple out of pocket - had is just so sore from use (maybe overuse). Still haven't set a date for other hand. I told hand doc what AZ said.
    Well I need to run. ahave fun at the "party" tonight. Vickie, cheri, Maragaret, MB, Mena, Lini, Denise, Jan, Lisa, Shirley, Shokk, Kristin, Gus, Betty and everyone else - have a good weekend. Karen in Denver