Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

TIME TO CIRCLE THE WAGONS GIRLS

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 2,728
    edited March 2007
    NS: Hope your feeling better. If not, we are all here ready to take care of you. Rest well tonight.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 1,233
    edited March 2007
    Cheri its good you check in with the cg's I know you "multi task" between us and chat......

Shokk, I don't know exactly what you mean by that. I don't check in with the Circle Girls...I am a Circle Girl. First & foremost. I post here all the time. Yeah, I go into chat sometimes. Am I not supposed to? I get bored when there's nobody on the boards and do go to chat at times. I never said i "multi-tasked". Those were not my words and this is the second time you've mentioned it. Does that also mean that Shirley, Tracy, Lisa and Nicki just check in with the cg's? Surely I have misunderstood both your comments about this because there is no discord here. If you have any problem with this I suggest you say it in a pm.

Madison, hey that's great that you walked in the Komen race. I'd like to be able to do that some day. I hope you enjoy your fancy night out. Try & behave. lol

Sparky! It is so very nice to read a post by you. I pray you will get stronger each day. I know you will surface from this stronger than before.

pals
    cheri
  • [Deleted User]
    edited March 2007
    Cheri:

Its the week-end and we just need to have some fun. No harm meant. Talk about multitasking. Well Im watching television, writing posts, finding pictures, posting pictures, and was just on the chat talking to sherloc and sherdon.
  • SheriH
    SheriH Member Posts: 472
    edited March 2007

Hey, it was kinda fun in chat. I'll have to try it again sometime.

• socallisa
    socallisa Member Posts: 10,184
    edited March 2007
    NS..so good to see you...warm, warm hugs from San Diego..

Yes, I finally just come home with my new glasses..wonderful to see again without the headaches I got from my old ones I had around with a very old prescription.

Our San Diego BCOers met today for lunch

Always fun to meet everyone...me, BMD, Shirlanne,Meliaanne and LisaSDCA..

Sherloc..take care of yourself now..

The afghans look wonderful Vickie and Madison..a truly loving gift ....

Hugs, Lisa
  • [Deleted User]
    edited March 2007
    Sheri: It was fun talking to ya in chat

Yes, its always lots of fun.

Now its time for me to go to sleep. See ya all in the morning.

Nicki
  • neesie
    neesie Member Posts: 1,110
    edited March 2007
    Wow, I've got some catching up to do!! I'm going to make a couple squares first, though.

The Michigan girls met for lunch today! What a great time it was. So nice to meet so many. I think there was 16 of us there!

Because of my ignorance with technology...........Anne (armynavymom) is going to post a couple of pictures for us!! We'll see if you all can pick out who is who!!

I'll stop back later!
    Love and Hugs,
    Denise
  • shokk
    shokk Member Posts: 790
    edited March 2007

Cheri I am so sorry I did not meen to offend youI was just messing with you....it really is just my own stupidity because for the life of me I cannot keep up in chat.....I can't even figure out how to post hello when I pop in and everyone says hello.....so sorry

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 1,233
    edited March 2007
    Shokk, no harm done. Thanks for explaining.

((HUGS))
    cheri
  • b445
    b445 Member Posts: 980
    edited March 2007
    Took sis to meet my Dr., so now we will have the same Dr and that should help her with some family history stuff.
    She's getting ready to go back on the road driving again so got to take her all over getting things ready. The pineapple express has hit WA. Lot's of rain! & wind!
    Which means we are on flood watch til Tuesday after noon. Won't be a problem for me but could affect my daughter.

NS thanks for popping in but please don't push yourself too hard.

going to check out the party
  • snowmen_n_thongs
    snowmen_n_thongs Member Posts: 367
    edited March 2007
    hi ya ladies....
    feeling pretty fine tonight!!!
    ugh but the time change so going to bed in another hour.........hahahahahaha i hope!!

well i wont burn a bridge with my present boss.... some ppl say go for it some say to much work.... but when i have days off i dont do anything i lay in bed watch tv....i think if i was to work more then i wouldnt get so depressed on my days off.... but its not in writting yet so going to wait to see!!!!!
    hahah nicki your turning into the picture monster.....

ns oh i am so sorry you got le.....hope you feel better really soon... thinking of you !!!!!!

hahah puppy and middle dog....omg play play play play......its really good for both of them!!!!!

oh today was pretty interesting and i cant belive i didnt get a picture long story short......
    so my dad sold his grocery store last yr and his house was attached to it.... so he did some reno's and ended up building his house around my moms piano....lol
    so the new owners let me store it there for the winter and today was the day to get it.... ( was my moms piano and she passed away when i was 20) we had to get a zoom boom to lift it off the piano into the back of a pick up ( was only going a few blocks) well the little town i live in had to come watch......rotflmao........ it was funny i thought we might drop it on the guys truck or it would slip but it didnt.... it turned out to be so smooth of a move.......... ... i guess thats what us hillbillys to for fun!!!! and i forgot my camera!!!!!!!!
    party on ladies.... cause i am...
    oh ya socal i love your pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i have the munchies for a homemade burger!!!!!!!
    brb
    lol
    tracey
  • MargaretB
    MargaretB Member Posts: 771
    edited March 2007
    Gina, hope you are feeling better soon. The bond you have created with the women in this circle is unbelievable. We miss you here. image

PurpleMB, I did 30 wall push ups today in your honor.

Laura, thanks for the tip. I'll try turning my hands when i do it tomorrow. I know how hard it is on the family members when parents get ill or need to move into an assisted living facility. Last year my mom was so ill and we were at the hospital every day for two or three weeks and thenshe'd come home and two days later have to be rushed back to the hospital; this went on for two months. My mother lives 30 miles away so it was very draining. FIL could be experiencing some depression too.

Tracey, I've had phone interviews before as a prelude to an in-face interview.

Madison, congrats on walking in the Race for the Cure.

Nicki, it was a pleasure having you for a student and teaching you how to post those pics!

Lisa, great pictures of the get together.

Hi to Jeannie, Cheri, Shokk, and all others I missed, have a good night. Today is my 2 year surgery anniversary. Boy, has a lot happened in those 2 years.

Hugs to all.

Margaret
  • susanmcm
    susanmcm Member Posts: 699
    edited March 2007
    LIsa, thanks for sharing the picture. I want to meet everybody on these boards. Shirlanne was one of the first people to talk to me when I first joined.

I don't have much to say, not feeling in a chatty mood. But I still think about all of you and the fun and trials that are going on in your life.

Nicki, I am looking for pictures all the time. I just never find the cool ones that you do.

Psst, don't let my physical terrorist know this but my knee feels good today.

xo
    susan
  • Madison
    Madison Member Posts: 859
    edited March 2007
    Nite everyone....sleep tight
    NS...thinking of you.
    Madison
  • b445
    b445 Member Posts: 980
    edited March 2007

Susan glad the knee is feeling better each day will get better

• DragonladyTina
    DragonladyTina Member Posts: 58
    edited March 2007
    NS, it is so good to hear from you I am so sorry for all your pain and damn lymphedema. One day at a time.
    I miss you and love you dearly

I just got home from the JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE concert tonight at Joe Louis arena in Detroit Michigan. He is hotter than hot and boy did I ever enjoy it. I stood up the whole time and danced my ass off. I went with my daughter Rana and her friend Annmarie.

I am losing 1 hour of sleep tonight because of daylight saving time starting early this year. I am glad I am not working in the morning.
    Hubby bought a new car and he gets in Wednesday, 2007 Ford Fusion in Amethyst metalic.

love you guys, Tina
  • AlaskaDeb
    AlaskaDeb Member Posts: 1,159
    edited March 2007
    I'M GOING TO PINKSTOCK!!!!

I just booked my flight and I am so excited I'm sure I will not sleep tonight. No excuses that it is too far away girls...if I can make it from ALASKA...you can too! I can hardly wait to meet ALL of you

Deb C
  • [Deleted User]
    edited March 2007

Good Morning Everyone: Well we turned the clocks ahead last night and Im still up at my regular time, only its darker outside. But hey, that means it will stay lighter later. Coffee is brewing and this sleepy eyed girl cant wait until its done.

Lisa: Great picture you shared with us. I bet you all had a good time. Always nice putting a face to the name.

Denise: And the Michigan girls got together too? I cant wait to see the pictures.

Shokk: We knew you were just messing around. Its funny cause when I first came to these boards I was on the chat for hours. Never came to the discussion boards in the beginning. It does get very busy in there and sometimes hard to keep up with. When I went back to work, the discussion boards just worked out better for me. I was in the chat last night and it was hoppin. Even I had a hard time keeping up.

Now this is the life. Enjoying every sip and finially waking up.

CY: The pineapple express was very descriptive. I hope you dont get flooded. Wonder if all that rain will make its way here to Chicago. And if it does, it better be rain, not snow!

Tracey: I would have loved seeing a picture of you all moving that piano and Im glad you got it to your house safely. I always think its good to change jobs and move on. Your young enough to get out and explore whats there for ya. Make sure its not a lateral move! Hope you get more money and benefits. Sleeping on your days off - that sound like me. Most times I put my jammies on Friday and stay in them all week-end. My only salvation is that I have started feeble attempts to exercise, so I have to get out of my pj's for at least one hour.

MargaretB: I did 30 wall push ups yesterday too. I have one of the balance balls and I did 30 jumping jacks. You would think its easier doing jumping jacks while your sitting bouncing on a ball but let me tell you my face was read, I was out of breath, and was sweating when I was done.

image You were a good teacher/instructor. Look at me, I have turned into a picture monster. I love it - the pics sorta represent my personality.

Susan: Im so glad you feeling better today. Shhhh we wont tell the physical terrorist. Seems like only yesterday you had the surgery. I know it was harder than you thought it would be, but now look at where you are. No body likes having a bum knee.

Tina: The concert sounded like it was so much fun. Nothing better than standing up and dancing around at a live concert. Ohhh I remember the days when I was working at the hospital with the time changes. I had to rotate shifts and it always seemed like I pulled the night shift when the time changed.

DebC: You must be so excited. You booked your plane. Now that makes going to Pinkstock real and not just a dream.

Well its been vrey warm here in Chicago. In the 60's and alot of snow melted. I can see the ground in front of my house. I looked outside yesterday and for the first time I can see the beginning of my crocus coming up. This is the moment I always wait for. Spring is on its way. Havent heard the pretty birds singing yet. That will make Spring official.

This is so weird. Its 7am but my body feels like its 6am, so I think I might just go back to bed and take a nap. See ya all later.

Nicki
  • newvickie
    newvickie Member Posts: 2,941
    edited March 2007
    Good morning ladies,
    Yup...I got up early. I am trying not to let this time change screw me up too much. I'll be sleeping on my desk this week for sure! Still dark outside but its actually WARM...45 degree yesterday! Felt like spring in the air. I didn't even wear my heavy winter coat yesterday. After a week of the artic blast it was a welcome relief. I heard that robins have been spotted but I haven't seen one yet. The snow is melting and it was a wonderful sound to hear it drippin off the eaves yesterday.
    Wake up Nicki dear...you went to bed early! I love your new say about boys and rocks...think I might get a bumper sticker that says that and put it on my car.
    DEB IS GOING TO PINKSTOCK!!! oops...sorry...hope I didn't wake anyone. I actually dreamed about Pinkstock last night. I'm going to be there with Nate and if my daughter comes home I'm bring her along for all to meet. She's a blast! I can't wait to meet you!
    Madison...good morning...I crocheted like a crazy women yesterday. I have just enough squares for a full afghan with about 10 left over. I made flyers to take to church today for the ladies who want to join it. It has really motivated me. I have been able to actually clean and keep the house caught up and make these beautiful afghans too. I haven't been this motivated since my dx. What a great "prescription" it has been for me.
    Susan..I am so glad the knee if feeling better. I have tried the glocosamine (sp?)and it does help! Thank you.
    Lisa...I love the picture! Thanks for the compliment on the afghans. So many wonderful women making such beautiful squares. Nate gets so excited every time another batch arrives. He has to open them and spread them out and see all the colors. He like to help me arrange the rows when it's time to sew them together.
    Tina...a concert!! Wow that sounds like fun. I haven't been to a concert in years. I saw Willie Nelson with Martina McBride years ago and it was the most amazing thing. Willy Nelson is hilarious in concert and Martina McBride was just starting out but wonderful. She is such a tiny little thing. It was at the state fair in Syracuse and Sarah was just a baby so that was 25 years ago!! Our local state trooper that I was friends with was there for security and he took me back to Willy's bus and I got to meet him, he signed a birthday card for me and gave me a birthday kiss. Very nice man.
    Margaret...HAPPY ANNIVERSARY...praying for you to have many many more.
    Tracey...what a story. Your town must be about the same size as ours! Maybe someone in the crowd has pictures!
    Denise...can't wait to see the pictures. Glad you had a good time.
    Shokk...thanks for your prayer about Derrick. I'm trying to keep it out of my mind but now that Nathaniel knows it's going to be tough. He really wants a baby brother or sister. DSS is watching her very closely and I'm going to give them a call Monday and see what's up. I worry about him all the time. I'm trying to just let God decide and what will be will be. He knows best. I sooo love my kids, they are my everything.
    Cheri...sorry to be a party pooper last night. Had a miserable "almost" migraine headache. Went to bed and my head was just pounding, needed a tylenol but couldn't even get up to get one. It's gone this morning thank God. I hate a headache.
    CY...floods are a scary thing...we had terrible flooding here last summer not once but twice. So many people lost their homes. FEMA has just this past week bought out their houses. What a long wait!
    Missing many this morning but need to jump in the shower, get dressed and start my day. Oh I hate time changes. Will probably need a nap mid day!
    My computer has the right time...wonder if our site does. If your computer isn't showing the right time you can go to microsoft.com and download a fix for it. Just and FYI.
    Love you all,
    Vickie
  • newvickie
    edited March 2007

heehee...Nicki's up...good morning sweet sister! I like the fact that it will be light later too.

• [Deleted User]
    edited March 2007
    Vickie This is just to eerie! We are awake and writing posts at the same time alot.

Nicki
  • newvickie
    edited March 2007

Yup...we are the sunshine sisters. Up with the sun wishin everyone a wonderful day! It is a bit eerie though!

• [Deleted User]
    edited March 2007
    Sunshine Sisters! Oh I love that. Its gonna be our new title.

• [Deleted User]
    edited March 2007
    Good Morning NS: I hope your feeling a little better today. We sure miss you around here. Just remember we have you tucked safely in the middle of the circle and I have lots of gentle hugs in the medic tent.

Nicki
  • PeanutsGirl
    PeanutsGirl Member Posts: 115
    edited March 2007
    Thank you everyone for your reassurances that my in-laws will be alright. After two days of moving and decision making, I am just exausted. I woke up at my regular time though. DH will be returning today to hang pictures. That was the plan yesterday, but more important issues came up that needed to be dealt with. SIL had terrible migrane all weekend and still worked like a trooper. You could just see the pain in her face. Inevitably we couldn't find some of what we packed. Spent a lot of time looking for things. I'm the official "finder" of lost items in this family. My DH is beginning to feel relief that his parents' situation is being resolved.

Have a great day everyone.

Laura
  • LauraB
    LauraB Member Posts: 71
    edited March 2007
    Good morning, CGs! I miss that hour of sleep already! Just wanted to keep you up-to-date...

Ray & I had a big fight on the phone Thursday night...after my therapist asked my permission to discuss his alcohol use on Thursday, she apparently brought it up in his anger mgt. session later that afternoon. Boy he is pissed (I was warned they don't like confrontation). He said I don't know what you're telling people but he found it ironic that two different people (the therapist and social worker) started prying into his personal life and asked about the drinking...can you say denial!?!?!

When Caitie & I met with the social worker Thur. afternoon, she admitted to me she told Ray that CAITIE was the one to mention his drinking and that threw "neglect" into the case (he was bumming big time). When Caitie talked w/the worker that day, I was just SO proud of her! All in all, knowing that he's going to counseling, the gun is gone, he's out of the home, and Caitie's very well adjusted, Family Services will probably close the case by the end of next week (phew!)

Anyway, back to our phone fight....I told him I knew of the $3000 he got from his dad; he denied it 2x, then I told him his family had confirmed it. He called both his sis and stepdad and hung up on both, telling them they didn't support him and were taking my side.

I asked him to respect me and call me before he comes to the house to get his mail or bring Caitie back...he refuses saying "it's my house;" I said, nope--it stopped being your house when you moved in with her! If he doesn't respect letting me know ahead of time he's coming over (whether I'm here or not), then he may leave me know choice but get a civil protection order! Sure enuf, he came over yesterday while Caitie & I were at a birthday party...took his mail, but left one of his credit card bills behind!

He's also fighting me on the joint account...I'M to still pay his bills and if I make any late payments, he'll stop putting money in so I can't make the mortgage payments! How stupid is that?!?! I already cover the mortgage with my pay! I told him the joint account can't stay open and I'm not his frigging banker, but he won't get his own (the bank told me either he comes with me to get my name off, or I can just close it). I said "you keep saying you're not a kid? Well, take some financial responsibility and start paying your own bills. I'm sure you know how to hit enter to submit payment and know how to write a check...I'm sure Sandy knows how to write a check too!"

He kept trying to blame everything on me (said I was the one that started the fight the night of the "abuse"!), so I said "I gave you your papers back, you didn't like it, I tried to leave but you kept telling me to sit down. I'M not the one that touched me, I'M not the one that admitted to my lawyer it got physical, I'M not the one that pulled out the gun, so F-IN deal with it!" and I hung up.

Interesting bit of information...at the birthday party, there was a couple there who knows the other woman VERY well (small world!) and...here's the scoop: Ray's the 3rd or 4th married man she's gone after, AND she has her own drinking problem! I'm just busting up now! He's been played and can't see past the sex (sure enuf it's going on) and the fact he has a built in drinking buddy! Know how that makes me feel!?! POWERFUL!

I think my turning point this week was when he blew Caitie off on Tue. (didn't see her at all, and never called her that night)--he's disrepecting her and that's unacceptable. There's no way in hell I'm letting him back in the house--this marriage is OVER and I've lost all respect for him.

He has his issues...I'm done helping him thru them. It's time to move on. Granted I'm sure he'll "come around" and deal with things, but it's too late for me and I'm fine with it.

Amazing, isn't it?!?!
  • [Deleted User]
    edited March 2007
    Good Mornng LauraB: I just finished exercising and I was thinking of you. So I was so glad to come back to the boards and see that you posted. That lifted my spirit.

Seems like Ray has found his gene pool match They deserve each other. They can both drink, get drunk and in about 6 months get tired of each other and find some other loser. You my dear, are not a loser.

You sound so strong today. Maybe you should get your name off all the credit cards before he charges up a a large sum of money.

This is to "Ray" from chemosabi

Take care, stay strong.

And this is to LauraB, from chemosabi

Nicki
  • Mena
    Mena Member Posts: 263
    edited March 2007
    "Meaner, I thought you said you were "back." Doesn't look like it. One post a week doesn't count my dear friend. I miss you banter buddy. There. You'll not catch me getting mushy with you again. So you better copy that comment! lol"

I'm here, mon Cheri...see? I still don't even know how to do the "quote" thing...never mind pictures...and I'm not even uni-tasking...just bumming over having to sell the house and, well, my son, who will probably never speak to me again, despite the fact that I took him and his sister when no one else wanted them.

I raised these kids for 10 years, was a loyal wife and mother, and just can't seem to move forward as quickly as everyone around me would like me to. I don't want to sell my house. I don't want to live with my mom. I love her monsterly but I don't want to live with her.

I'm just a bit despondent. It'll pass...

It would help if the house sold really quickly, so if anyone wants to pray for that, please do so. I will be taking the computer...probably need the Geek Squad to get me back up and running.

Has anyone ever planted a statue of St. Joseph in their yard to sell their house? I've heard this works...sounds totally stooopid, but I have heard testimony...I even have a catalog with a "kit".

Or is there anything/anyone else I can plant for a miracle? You know, without committing murder...otherwise the ex would be dust by now. Well, actually I don't think he'd turn to dust as he's not human...

OK nuff blathering for now.

Amy, thank you for the kind note. You're always such an inspiration.

Margaret, thanks for filling me in on Gina. Does anyone have her home addy?...xo
  • SheriH
    SheriH Member Posts: 472
    edited March 2007
    Laurab--you sound so strong! Your husband sounds like he's going to be sinking soon, but you are flying.

Mena--don't know about the st. Joseph thing, but I do know to bake cookies right before someone comes to visit. Selling houses is such a nightmare. I will keep it in my prayers.

Sun is shining and am going to try to get outside today. Also, have to go grocery shopping, my least favorite thing in the world, besides cleaning, or any other domestic chore.

Deb, so glad you are going to Pinkstock. I'm planning it, too, but just found out my mother in law is coming July 6-16 from CA. I may come sooner just to get out of town. We moved 2000 miles to get away! Just kidding, kind of.
  • jasmine
    jasmine Member Posts: 773
    edited May 2008
    Shokk...I'm with you on the 'keeping up' part of chat. I used to be mainly a chat room bco'er but the new chat software makes it too hard for me to follow when there are many in the room and the screen scrolls so fast. I think I might be borderline for getting vertigo too. I just can't seem to keep up in chat anymore. I think its so great to have two awesome places to connect with fellow bc sisters. The chatroom is MUCH easier to do in the mornings and afternoons. It goes slower and you can follow more of the conversations. The trick is to pick out one conversation to follow until you get the hang of 'listening' to multiple conversations taking place in cyberspace at the same time. Its great fun.

Cheri, you are absolutely a circle girl first and foremost. By the way, I thought being a 'multitasker' was supposed to be a kudo. Not many folks can multitask and you have to be VERY talented to do it. I think its a right brain function!