Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

TIME TO CIRCLE THE WAGONS GIRLS

Comments

• sherloc
    sherloc Member Posts: 893
    edited March 2007

Crap another page. Lini don't ya just love living in California. We're gonna be whining big time in another month or so. But for now ROLL ON SPRING!!!!

• AlaskaDeb
    AlaskaDeb Member Posts: 1,159
    edited March 2007
    OMG...I just got a circle girl afghan in the mail!!! I LOVE it!!! I posted on the other thread but I had to come yell here too in case anyone missed it!!!

I'm glad it is still only 27 degrees here since I am all wrapped up in my new blankie!

i love you all to bits.

Gotta go read and catch up
    Hugs
    Deb C
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 1,233
    edited March 2007
    Just a quick note to say Thank You once again. I appreciate you all caring about how my test results turned out. I read through the posts but I am sooo tired I can't keep my eyes open. I took a nap this afternoon but am still tired. I didn't get much sleep over the past week-end. So I'm going to bed early tonight. Thank you so much for being there when I needed you. Has anyone heard from Jan? Madison so glad you had good results, too.

I will make a real post tomorrow.

Goodnight sweet friends,
    cheri
  • christineK
    christineK Member Posts: 735
    edited March 2007

Lini- so glad to hear about your warm weather, BUT I can not hide my arms and white legs when it's 90 degrees, arrrgh! Need to get some kinda wardrobe together for my L.A trip. I did wear shots and T to the grocery store and for a walk today, but in L.A?

• ArmyNavyMom
    ArmyNavyMom Member Posts: 134
    edited March 2007
    Today just sucks. I had a whole long post explaining about my crummy day, hit the button to post it and poof! Gone. I’m thinking a string of words that I learned in the Army. They’re in about 5 different languages. I’ll try again. Maybe I won’t babble quite so long this time, but I really need some sister hugs.

I went to the radiation onc today, and everything was going swimmingly. I had my chest covered in purple indelible marker, have 3 of my 7 tattoos (get the others in a couple weeks) and have my personal cradle made. So, I’m laying there in my new cradle, under strict instructions not to move while they are getting ready to do the CT for the mapping stuff, when the rad onc comes in and out of the blue says, “Well, since your CT and bone scan from 6 months ago had some suspicious areas, we need you to get those done again before we start the radiation treatments.” I said okay, but I’m thinking, “Whaddaya mean suspicious areas???” No body said anything about suspicious areas before this! I’m lying there on my back, the tears start to flow and run into my ears, and she seems a little surprised that I’m upset. I explain that I just wasn’t expecting news like that today and she doesn’t say much. Maybe she thought I already knew; I don’t know. Keeping in mind that my brain turned to mush in that instant, I remember her saying something about possible spots on some other nodes and areas of concern on bones. Either she or my med onc (who called me later at home) mentioned the sacrum I think, but I’m not 100% sure. They both said that I shouldn’t worry, that lots of these scans show things that aren’t anything but I’m still scared to death at the moment.

The only good thing this afternoon was that my clinical trials nurse (who’s office is in the hospital right across the hall from the rad oncs office) arrived at the end of the CT scan when the onc's nurse was telling me when she’d scheduled the scans for. Maybe they called Joyce, since they know I’m on a trial, I don’t know. All I know is that wonderful woman took me into an open exam room and reminded me again that the scans show stuff that isn’t anything, and that we hit me with the strongest chemo, and I’m gonna be fine, and gave me a hug. Man, I needed that hug. Her read on why the med onc hadn’t said anything about the questions with the baseline scans was that they didn’t think it was anything, because if it was something worrisome they’d have told me. That’s possible, but it’s also possible they just messed up.

So now I have a week of trying to convince myself that it really isn’t anything while I wait for more stinkin’ tests, not to mention the results. (And I don’t even want to think about that junk you have to drink for the stupid CT and what it does to my digestive tract.) I am a puddle. I’ve cried this evening until there can’t be any more tears in me and they still keep leaking out. And I’ll probably end up looking like a complete idiot when these scans do come out with nothing to worry about, but right now I am terrified. I don’t want to whine at my friends around here. They can’t just skip over the depressing parts the way you ladies can. I apologize for a long, boring, whiny post, but I really needed to get that out.

Damn. I think I need to borrow Mazer to carry some supplies and go out to the middle of nowhere with my tent for a week. This just sucks. I’ll try to be more cheerful in a day or two.

Anne
  • Madison
    Madison Member Posts: 859
    edited March 2007
    Oh, Anne, you need some big hugs...but you can NOT go in a tent in the middle of nowhere...you stay RIGHT HERE in the middle of the circle because we are all here for you...If we don't see you posting tomorrow we are going to send out a search party. Vickie, and now Nicki, have ways of getting a great posse together to find you!!!

Ns, sending hugs and good thoughts your way..please let us know what the PS says after your appointment tomorrow.

Jan, how are you?

Cheri, hope you get a good nights sleep....

Shirley, oh my goodness, I was hoping your stomach would be better today

Vickie, Nathaniel is so cute with his blanket...

Deb, we are so happy your afghan has arrived!!!

Amy, I have to say this..."Mazer is cute as a button"

Hugs to EVERYONE...thinking of all of you..I fell asleep with the crochet hook in my hand earlier....now I think I'll try to sleep without the yarn....
    Madison
  • AlaskaDeb
    AlaskaDeb Member Posts: 1,159
    edited March 2007
    Oh Anne-

You poor thing! What a totally sucky day! I hate waiting more than anything in the world...well...except for doctors that drop crappy news with no warning...or maybe getting tears in my ears.

I wish you were here! We would grab my car full of good food, a few “adult beverages” and run away to my friends cabin in the woods...no electricity, no phone, no shitty news....just snow and wind and the most beautiful view of the inlet and mountains on the face of the earth.

I know that hearing it is probably nothing must make you nuts. I have such an overactive imagination that any time I get unexpected news I’m sure things were so bad that no one wants to tell me. If you think about it though, the theory that it is no big deal does make some sense….I bet this is just the Docs way to cover their own behinds.

So…a week? We need to find something to keep your mind of tests and yucky stuff. I’m sending you the biggest hug, wrapped in chocolate. Hang in there my friend. We are here if you need anything.

Hugs
    Deb C
  • MargaretB
    MargaretB Member Posts: 771
    edited March 2007
    Hi Sue, love the new avatar. Congratulations on your son wanting to try out for one of the lead roles.

Lini, don't you just love this weather? It was gorgeous today and is supposed to be nice all weeks. Spring is here I hope. That was an interesting article BTW.

Joyce, did you have fun shopping?

Brenda, had my WW weigh in today - I finally lost some weight, 1.6 lbs.

Theresa, isn't it great that we have such a bond?

PurpleMB, I went for a walk with hubby tonight after dinner cuz the weather is so great. I wore sandals to work today. What's banana boats?

Shirley, hubby got a tattoo?

Christine is coming to SF? How did I miss that one? Reading more, I see you are going to LA - are you coming to SF?

Amy, yup, I only ate half the fries. I find it very frustrating that hubby has lost about 20 lbs in the same time it's taken me to lose 1.6 lbs.

Madison, sounds like everything went ok with the US.

Vickie, love the happy dance. Just saw Nathaniel's pics - they're so cute. CY, great job picking out the gifts for him.

Cheri, congrats on the tests.

Lisa, hubby and I were talking tonight about where we want to retire and San Diego is one of the areas we're thinking about. Love your weather.

Nicki, I think we eat dinner too early too. My hubby has his "lunch" at 10 am so by the time I get home, he and son are starving so it's the first thing I have to do when I get home.

Denise, Camel Toe.....I'm glad I wasn't taking a sip of something when I read that. The pictures were great.

Anne, I'm sure you hate the waiting and I always fear the worst until I hear the words and I know everything is ok for sure.image

G, hope you get the drains on the left out. This hug's for you. image

It's taken me an hour to get through these posts. Love you guys.

Margaret
  • christineK
    christineK Member Posts: 735
    edited March 2007
    No Margaret- sorry, I'll be in the L.A. area, but I do love SF and wine country, haven't been there since my honeymoon in '94 and love the SD area too, I was there about 5yrs ago, been to Palm Springs too, but never L.A!
    Can't Wait!
  • b445
    b445 Member Posts: 980
    edited March 2007
    Oh Anne, Hugs sweet sister. The scans do pick up any sign of imflammtion so it could be as simple as artheritis (sp). Well just pray that when they do the test again there is only improvement or at the very least no change.
    I never had to drink the yucky stuff for my CT's. the always inject me with stuff instead. At any rate I'm so sorry that the gal was so insensative about the way she brought this up! Now don't you even think of going off by yourself. you have officially been moved to the inner circle!
  • karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,604
    edited March 2007
    NS - so glad to see you posting. NO, NO, NO!!!! the SNB did not come back positive because of the time between the biopsy and the surgery. Its just the type of cancer, ILC is sneaky and hard to diagnose. I do hope you are taking good care of yourself.
    Having a tough time, so not posting much. Will update another time. Karen in Denver
  • b445
    edited March 2007

(((Karen))) hugs my dear we'll be here for you when you're ready

• b445
    edited March 2007
    Cheri, I'm glad the test turned out good. I just knew it would. but boy what a bother in the meantime huh/ Well you just rest up and we'll talk when you are back on. I've looked the last couple of nights before I've turned in but you weren't on.
    Luv ya
  • jasmine
    jasmine Member Posts: 773
    edited July 2008
    Good evening, circle ladies. Sorry I haven't posted the last couple of days.

Cheri, I'm so happy to hear that your test went okay.

NS, I'm so sorry you are having such a rough time. The drains are a major nuisance. I hope you are pain free soon.

Mena, you are stronger than you think. You have been through so much these last few years. It amazes me that you persevere and come back stronger.

Anne, suspicious spots can mean anything. Bone scans are good for showing our age by spotlighting arthritis. Its great that you have such a thorough doctor that is being proactive.

Nicki, I for one am happy that you learned to post pictures. It sure brightens my day to pop in and see all these adorable pics.

Deb, enjoy the afgan. You are certainly one of the most deserving ladies. You always have the right words for everyone. A true loving heart.

Vickie, your son is adorable.

Thongs, good luck on the job if you decide that is what you want.

Amy, wow. There really is a Mazer. I thought it was a pretend donkey. Those pictures are adorable.

Hi Susan, Denise, Jule, Madison, and everyone else. I stink at this note taking thing so I'm sure there's others that I missed.

Well, I'd better get back to work. Got up at 3 am this morning to get my development uploaded for the install build this evening and I just signed on to see how the install went and it looks like the 'tracker nazis' closed all my tickets because I posted the repository link to the files instead of the one they wanted. So....have to go open brand new tickets.
  • 2up
    2up Member Posts: 944
    edited March 2007
    hey girls ............. i just walked in the door from 9 fabulous, worry free, and sunny days in the "keys"!

there are over 1000 posts since i left so i'll catch up another day (when it's not 3am lol) ............ i just wanted to say "hey" to everyone, and let you know that even though my life is really changing right now, never a day goes by that i don't think of you all!

i'll try to catch up this week ........ although the next 4-5 weeks are going to be crazy around here (tons of fun for a change, but very crazy lol)

xo, michelle
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 2,728
    edited March 2007

Vicki - Im tweeking your toes. Where is my sunshine sister?

I took notes last night and I was gonna finish talking to some of you when I came on the computer this morning. Seems my husband must have gone online while I was sleeping last night. My notes are gone!! Next time I will hide them where he cant find them.

I do remember that I was glad to see T-girl and hoped her computer got fixed. I love the hat for Mazer. Beyond that, chuck it all up to chemo brain.

Puppy: I just knew I could get you to smile. Im so glad you are back and hoping you dont go away.

Vickie: Sad story about the housekeeper you used to work with. 53 is way to young. I always worry when someone chooses not to have treatment, but on the other had I do respect their choice.

Denise: I went shopping for a bit yesterday during work. Yes some of you can go on the computer - me I drive about and it was a slow day. I went to "Avenue" and I found so many outfits I liked, I couldnt believe it. I came home with a new skirt, but I have my eye on a couple of outfits Im going back for. The coworker thing was really tense. She came into the office and said good morning in a chilly way, and I returned good morning in a chillier way. Then we just didnt talk to each other, which was just fine by my book. I did forget and love "whatever" and Im gonna use it next time.

PurpleMB: Now I remember my note to you. Im getting into the routine of exercising. Did 2 sets of 25 hand wall push ups = 50. I know now Im gonna be successful, cause Im looking forward to exercising. In the beginning I hated every step. I also walked 1.5 miles in 30 minutes. I did small hand weights and added a new rep. Think I over did it cause my right shoulder blade muscle is sore. Had to take Darvocet 2 times last night and its still a little sore. Im hoping the warm water from my shower helps. Guess I wont do that particular rep so hard today.

Sherloc: Carrots on my bedside table. Now thats a great idea. Last night I woke up hungry 3 times. First time had cheese popcorn, second time a low carb ice cream bar (which is low in carbs but still high in calories), then had 30 pistachios. I counted them, left the bag in the kitchen and went back to bed and ate every one of them. Good thing I left the bag in the kitchen or I would have devoured the whole thing. Im guessing I consumed about 600 calories with wake up hungry.

DebC: You sound so excited about the afghan. Bet it really put a smile on your face. You deserved it, you are such a sweetie.

Cheri: You actually sleep lol? Im glad you were able to go to bed without any worries hovering over your head.

Anne: What an awful day. Reminded me when I had my bone scan. The tech kept coming up to me and asking if I had pain in my hips and legs. She saw something. I remember the same feeling. I layed there the rest of the test with tears flowing into my ears too. I came home and told my husband "my time is up, this is it for me." Then he started bawling. Anyways, I was lucky - the hot spots were arthritis. Im so sorry you have to go through this.

I sending you a special hug and lots of good luck.

MargaretB: Whoo hoo! 1.6 pounds is better than nothing! I finially realized yesterday that I weight as much as my husband. He is 5' 11" and Im 5 6" - drats!! Now if thats not motivational, I dont know what would be. I really thing there is more to this weight thing than just overeating. I just havent put my finger on it yet.

Karen: Its always good to see you. Im sorry your having a rough time. Just come to the medic tent and we will take care of you. The medic tent has been quite busy the past few days! But there is always room for more.

Jazmania: I sure am having fun posting pics. Its actually become an obsession! Im so addicted. And if I make you smile, that makes me feel good. So how is the exercise going?

Shel: Good to see you. Im so jealous of you being in the keys. I just love Florida so much. You sound so exccited.

OK: Many people are missing.

Ginney: Where are you?

Shokk: Where are you?

Boo: Where are you?

There are many others missing and I hope all is going well.

NS: Good luck at the doctors appt today. Hope at least one of those drains comes out.

Jan: Hope your recovering from your surgery and can wait to here from you.

OK! Time to go. If I missed someone, you know I still love ya. Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Nicki
  • newvickie
    newvickie Member Posts: 2,941
    edited March 2007
    Well you all were a busy bunch last night! My goodness!
    Nicki...blowin the trumpet sunshine sister. Up and at em.
    Shel...well lucky you! I am so ready to go to Florida to see my DD. Please come back and fill us in. We have missed you here.
    Anne...this is for you
    And you know what...we will round up a posse and come get you if you disappear. Myself, Nicki, Madison, Cheri...everyone will come drag you to the center of the circle so you stay put and we'll get you through! I had "suspicious" spots too that turned out to be arthritis...at 45! Sucks, but better than the alternative.
    Alwayhope...yup there really is a Mazer and isn't he the cutest thing!
    Deb...hugs to you and hope your afhgan kept you warm last night. Filled with love just for you!
    Margaret...Just peeked in on Nathaniel and he's all wrapped up in that blanket. He's my little Linus. He'll probably want to take it to school knowing him!
    CY...geez...I don't even have words enought to thank you. He's had a rough couple of days over "baby Derrick" and it made him forget all about it for a while.
    Karen...good morning...we have missed you. How are things going?
    (((Mena)))...hang out in the center and let us take care of you. Don't be a stranger cuz you are missed when your not here.
    Madison...fell asleep crocheting again last night. What a great stress reliever! Did you see Deb's post?!?!?! Glad your results were good yesterday.
    Cheri pal...still can't get my IM to work at home and haven't had time to work on it (and I'm the computer tech at work on top of everything else) but I am so very happy about your good news.
    Has anyone heard from Jan?
    Ok gotta run as I have to be to work early today...
    I love ya all and I'll pop in at lunch again.
    Does anyone need a magic carpet ride today?
    Hugs
    Vickie
  • newvickie
    edited March 2007
    Ok...Nicki sis...this is truly eerie. Maybe we are long lost twins! Wouldn't that be cool.
    Hugs to ya!
    Vickie
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 2,728
    edited March 2007
    Vickie: Hee Hee Hee, I beat ya. It must have been my a nanosecond, but I beat today.

I swear, we were posting at the same time again. Its like twilight zone!

Nicki
  • newvickie
    edited March 2007
    do do do do do do do do
    wanna see something really scary LOL
  • Madison
    Madison Member Posts: 859
    edited March 2007
    Nicki, Vickie, Sunshine sisters...good morning.

Morning All, have a good day. I'll be back later this morning.
    Madison
  • purplemb
    purplemb Member Posts: 593
    edited March 2007
    GM all.no boss so an early viisit today...lol..no back to read...
    MB
  • ArmyNavyMom
    ArmyNavyMom Member Posts: 134
    edited March 2007
    Quote:

Damn. I think I need to borrow Mazer to carry some supplies and go out to the middle of nowhere with my tent for a week. This just sucks. I’ll try to be more cheerful in a day or two.

Denise, Vickie, Deb and All, Thanks for the hugs.

Didn't mean for you to think I was leaving or hiding, but for me the woods are the most calming, peaceful place. Somewhere I can watch the fire, listen to the wind and water, and just breathe. No doctors, no scary stuff.

Anne
  • PeanutsGirl
    PeanutsGirl Member Posts: 115
    edited March 2007
    Morning, Circle Girls!!

Just popped in to wish everyone a great start to their day. Must get ready for my exercise class at the Y. It begins at 7:55. Haven't eaten yet either. I'll check in later.

Hugs to all.

Laura
  • neesie
    neesie Member Posts: 1,110
    edited March 2007
    Anne,

The biggest HUG is being sent to you! Doctors like to make us crazy. They don't realize what the "wait" does. An hour feels like a week and a week feels like a year.
    Try to relax, stay with us and all will be well.
    Love and Hugs,
    Denise
  • purplemb
    purplemb Member Posts: 593
    edited March 2007
    Crap lost a huge post be back...must work..hugs to all

But Anne...to take your mind off, how about some great camping ideas for pinkstock...maybe something for the kids that may come...good camping food
    PS banana boats...split bananas filled with choc chips, marshmallows and wrapped in foil and cooked over the open fire...yyyymmmmmmmm
    MB
  • Gus
    Gus Member Posts: 177
    edited March 2007
    Just popping in to check on everyone this morning...my name is Sue and I've been turned into a boardaholic!

I only have 2 minutes to type, but I wanted to give you a big hug, Anne! I hate that you are being surprised with this news. I'm sending positive thoughts your way.

Karen, hugs to you too!

Deb, I'm so glad you got the afghan. Your CD boosts my spirits every day (my son wants to know when he'll get a chance to play his music in the car! ) and I hope the afghan reminds you of how much you are treasured here.

Gotta go drive my son and his friend to school. With any luck, they won't be fighting with each other today. Calgon, take me away!!

Love to all,
    Sue
  • MargaretB
    MargaretB Member Posts: 771
    edited March 2007
    Karen, sorry you are having a tough time right now. We're here when you're ready.

Shel, life sounds exciting right now. Post when you can.

Deb, no one deserves an afghan more than you. You will have to post a pic. I have to tell you I listen to my CD all the time; it's the only time I complain that my commute is too short.

Nicki, Vickie, I love seeing your posts first thing in the am.

Time to shower. Have a great day.

Margaret
  • newvickie
    edited March 2007
    Anne...a calm peaceful forest for you to relax in whenever you feel the need.
    And a calgon picture for Sue...I love your new avitar and you are much prettier than the women in this tub...just kick her out and climb in.
  • Naniam
    Naniam Member Posts: 586
    edited March 2007
    Good Morning to all. Oh, this beautiful, beautiful warm sunshine!!!! Supposed to be around 79 here today.

Anne, during the end of my chemo I had to have a CT - ordered by a GI specialist. He was a friend of my son-in-law. I didn't get a call as he said I would, called and left a message for the nurse and FINALLY he called. He proceeded to tell me how hard it was to make this call and he had talked to another doctor (also a friend of my SIL) and said he didn't think he could make the call - now I was beginning to panic!! He finally spat it out that he hated to tell me but my cancer was in my liver and spine. I think I upset him but I kept saying "it is Ok,it's Ok - it isn't cancer". Poor guy. I can laugh about it now. It turned out that the radiologist did decide that it was arthritis in the spine - liver had a hemangioma. Sometimes there are things other than "cancer". It seemed like reading your post that no one was definite that there was cancer there. Sending you love and prayers that it will only be "arthritis"

Cheri & Madison, glad that your test are A-OK.

Vicki, Nathaniel is just a doll.

Amy, loved the pictures of Mazer!!. Liked his pilot hat.

Nicki, glad you did some shopping - makes you feel good.
    I am tired - having to pull so many hours has just totally, absolutely exhausted me. I don't think this is normal at all. My blood thyroid test come back normal but I am really wondering if I don't need a scan.

NS, I don't know if the wait sent it to the node. I think you will have lots more answers when you get the final path report. I do hope the drains come out on one side today. Don't overdo.

Deb C., I didn't knit one square of the Afgan but like to hear the joy it brings when one of the sister receives it. You deserve it.

Margaret, guess I will weigh in after I take my shower. Kind of funny but I won't weight until after my shower. I know I can't "wash the fat away" but I think I keep trying. I told someone the other night the "anti-sag, firming cream" I use at night on my face - should be rubbed on my abdomen!!!!!!!! I need to get walking the weather is to nice not to. As tired as I am I think I am afraid I will have to crawl on my hands and knees to get back to the car.

No news on our pump yesterday. My granddaughter in VA has a birthday on the 25th. She is into songs and I have been looking for some kids CD's with funny songs - I really wanted "On top of Spaghetti" and finally found it but don't like the melody with this - it is so s-l-o-w!!!

Everyone, hope you have a better day, enjoyable, happy day.
    Love and bunches of blessings to all. As we get further in the week - not sure how much I will post but will try if only to say Hi.

Brenda