Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

TIME TO CIRCLE THE WAGONS GIRLS

Comments

• sherloc
    sherloc Member Posts: 893
    edited March 2007

will do....if you hear muffled screams from the west you'll know it's me.

• neesie
    neesie Member Posts: 1,110
    edited March 2007
    Wow Madison, that sounds really painful. Is this pre or post Beast Cancer?
    Vickie: I had something to say about your post, Poof....it's gone. Dementia patients will be taking care of me soon, instead of the other way around!
    MB: Poop on work, you just keep on checking in with us! I don't have access to Computer at work.........I can just see some of my clients with a computer..never mind, not a pretty picture!
    Shokk: My husband always wants to turn the Computer off at night. I always say to just leave it. Yikes! Glad you are all right.
    Susan: Glad to see that I'm not the only one that does a "to be continued" thing with my posts!
    Always hope, anne, Gina, Karen, .......Can't do it without a list. But Hi to all and Hope all is well!
    Hugs,
    Denise
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 1,233
    edited March 2007
    Good afternoon ladies. I got up this morning at 5, back was hurting so I'm sleepy again. Geez.

Jan, so glad you're still feeling good.

Jule, Congrats on the last rads session. Treatment is over.

Amy, hope you got a good grade on your sons science project.

Susan, sure you can come out and play with the puppies, you can even take one home. BTW, I want to go to your next "cranky dr." appt with you. I'll make him think 'cranky'. What an ass. You take those pain meds as long as you need them.

Gus, nice avatar. I'm going to put mine up after I get my hair trimmed. Maybe.

Lini, so happy you're posting.

Ginny, good to hear from you. We were getting worried but you sound good.

Denise, thanks for your help on the Knify Knitter. I still have a question about how to end it though.

Shirley, so glad you aren't sore from all that work yesterday. Wish my house was clean. Actually i just wish I was up to cleaning it.

Meaner, where are you? What do you consider regular posting? Twice a month? lol

NS, I do so hope you're feeling better today and that you got some sleep. I'm so sorry you're having a bad time. I wish I could fix it for you.

Holly, where ya been? I've just seen you post once in a quite awhile. Hope everything is alright with you.

Hey to CY, Nicki, Deb, Tracey, Theresa, Jazmanian, Shokk, Sheri, Madison, MB and the rest of you. I hope you all have a nice afternoon.

I got up much too early and I'm so sleepy. I hate this feeling of being so tired & sleepy. Guess I'll take another nap.

pals
    cheri
  • lv2cmp
    lv2cmp Member Posts: 899
    edited March 2007
    Cheri-I sure hope I get a good grade on my science project also. It would be nice to know at my age that I can pass 7th grade science.

Shirley-What is it with the boy smell??????? gag, choke, yuck, and shuuuuuweeeeeeee. Mine is only 12 but holy cow! I swear he showers every day and sometimes twice a day and it doesnt help. He can get out of the shower and when the axe body wash wears off its that stinkin' boy smell that I smell. He is not a dirty boy so what gives? Yuck,,boy smells! I guess we just agree with Nicki that boys stink,,throw rocks at them. Good Luck on the ipod search, Wal mart has them if you have one of those. I love mine!

Deb-I had to take the magic carpet for a speedy ride down to the local dry goods store and get me some warm clothes. I left here in upper 60's and got to Alaska and dang near froze my patootie off. Gotta warn these southern girls about cold weather,,ya know we dont get out much.

Amy
  • newvickie
    newvickie Member Posts: 2,941
    edited March 2007
    Just a reminder of how wonderful you all are

THIS SAYS IT ALL:

Time passes.

Life happens.

Distance separates.

Children grow up.

Jobs come and go.

Love waxes and wanes.

Men don't do what they're supposed to do.

Hearts break.

Parents die.

Colleagues forget favors.

Careers end.

BUT.........

Women are there, no matter how much time and how many miles are between you. A girl friend is never farther away than needing her can reach.

When you have to walk that lonesome valley and you have to walk it by yourself, the women in your life will be on the valley's rim, cheering you on, praying for you, pulling for you, intervening on your behalf, and waiting with open arms at the valley's end.
    Sometimes, they will even break the rules and walk beside you.
    Or come in and carry you out.

Girlfriends, daughters, granddaughters, daughters-in-law, sisters,sisters-in-law, Mothers, Grandmothers, Auntie's, nieces, cousins, and extended family, all bless our life!

The world wouldn't be the same without women, and neither would I.

When we began this adventure called womanhood, we had no idea of the incredible joys or sorrows that lay ahead.
    Nor did we know how much we would need each other.

Every day, we need each other still.
    Life might not be the party we wished for...but while we're here, we may as well dance!!

MY LOVE AND BLESSINGS TO ALL OF YOU,

SOMETIMES IT'S HARD TO BE A WOMAN!
  • newvickie
    edited March 2007
    Amy!!! You froze off your what!!!
    LOL...my daughter told me that I wasn't allowed any more naked party stuff till warm weather cuz some things could probably really hurt if they got frost bit!!
    Susan...I can't spell anymore either! Or I will type something and it just doesn't "look" right so I end up looking it up or doing spell check...glad I'm not the only one!
    Ok...just snuck in from work and gotta get back to the tasks covering my desk!
    Love to all
    Vickie
  • Biker54
    Biker54 Member Posts: 1,042
    edited March 2007
    Beautiful, Vickie!!! Girlfriends forever!

I've been stuck in my house for 3 days and I had no idea how nice it was outside today. I stuck my head out, a few minutes ago, and it is 78 freaking degrees!!! I still have ice on my pool cover. If this was summer, I could go swimming! I think it's supposed to get rainy and cold again. Right in time for work tomorrow .

Yeah, I raised two boys also and they definately have a dirty boy smell about them. Now the 4 yr. old GS is starting to get it also. I don't get it. They showered daily and wore clean clothes. God knows I did enough laundry for an army! I would keep their bedroom doors closed when they were growing up .

Yes, boys are stupid. Throw rocks at them!

Amy, I hope your poor patootie has thawed out!
  • BRSTN
    BRSTN Member Posts: 165
    edited March 2007
    I miss you gals.

That's it, that's all, I just miss you.

Betty
  • Biker54
    edited March 2007

Awww, Betty, we miss you too! Come and stay awhile!

• socallisa
    socallisa Member Posts: 10,184
    edited March 2007
    Well, I just got home from a good news/bad news onc appointment today...the good news is that he isn't absolutely positive he could feel any lump in my remaining breast, but instead of his wait and see approach, I talked him into a sonogram..so we shall see.

On a pleasant note..we are heading to Palm Desert tomorrow to see the Indian Wells Tennis tournament and will be there for five days..at the moment it is hot hot hot there.

I trust everyone will behave while I am gone or I shall have to call in the shore patrol to put out any trouble spots!! Now that can be a good news/bad news thing too.

Just to mention I also had a computer that burned up...it was the tower and I got some oven mitts and threw it outside..The computer was ruined, but the house is OK.

Hugs, Lisa

DX 11/2000
    LCIS,DCIS,IDC 2B, Grade 1, ER+,PR+ Her2Neg 1 pos node
    Right Breast:Lumptectomy, CMF chemo X 6 mos, Mastectomy (after finding a lump they missed),
    Left Breast Lump...Hyperplasia 10/2002
    Tamoxifen, one year...Armidex, Four years
  • newvickie
    edited March 2007
    OH my gosh ladies...we are burning up our computers with all our posts!!! We need some firemen to come stay with us to keep us safe!
    Do you think these will do?
    gotta go fix dinner and come back and take notes...you were a chatty bunch today! I'm way behind!
    Love to all
    Vickie
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 2,728
    edited March 2007

"I'm Beautiful Dammit"

Good Afternoon Everyone: Hoping you all have had a good day. I was busy all day. Went to the dentist, got my teeth cleaned, came home and exercised. Just popping in to say hello!

Vickie: Once again, we were posting at the same time!image

MargaretB: So it was your husband. I just want to know whats up with that? I cant believe my husband has lost weight! This is making me so crazy.

Jan: When I was a young girl, I worked as a Dental Receptionist. Thats a pretty fast paced, stressful job. I wish you would reconsider. You really need 4 days to recoup and get rid of all that anesthesia. They can do without you one more day. And I behaved today at work. Our Corporate Marketing Director called me and told me the meeting was a "general" statement. She thinks Im doing a great job and doesnt want me to change anything. The woman I share my office with, well she is on the way out. They have been putting her on probation for the last 6 months. I truelly believe they are trying to get her to quit. The kittens and the modest sunbathers were great.

Thanks for the laugh.

Jule: Congratulations on your last rad today. That is so great. Doing a little dance for you.

Susan: Its good your weaning off the percocet. Vicodin and Advil should do the job. So you dont have full ROM? Im sure the Arimidex has something to do with that.

Gosh Darn! I havent even read everyones post, but I gotta go. Dinner is done.

Did I tell you I hate exercise? Yes, I hate it - takes away my computer time. I will catch up with you all tomorrow morning.

Nicki
  • sherloc
    edited March 2007
    today is my lucky day. Wally world actually had something I wanted and needed. Wonders will never cease I tell you. So Ipod purchased, along with snifty accessories. Think hubby will like it. He can watch movies while he rides.

Madison my DDD is at T5-7 and L4&5. Getting old just plain sucks sometimes. No way I'm letting anyone stick a needle in my spine till I can't stand it anymore.

Amy, I have no clue where Boy Smell comes from. Even my 6 year old grandson smells bad.

Aww Cheri, you need a Hot Toddie too. I bet your coming down with something. Not like you to spend hours in bed. Take drugs, go to sleep, eat chicken soup.

Vicki, Patootie, also know as hiney, rear end, butt, ass, junk in the trunk, and so on

Speaking of drugs. Bought some Melatonin today. Gonna try it tonight. I am completely disgusted with myself for taking two ambien last night. Not only a waste of good drugs and money, a complete waste of time. I should have just got up and cleaned something else. Might as well be productive.
    I thought the rash was getting better, but bit on my boob is looking a lot angrier today so called the surgeon and have appt tomorrow afternoon.

Jan, I keep his door closed too. Problem is my desk is right next to his door and the smell comes thru. ICKY!!!

Hugs to you Betty.

Socal, so what was the bad news? Sonogram isn't a bad thing right? O wait I know. I'm still in nail biting mode for you. My nails are trashed, tell them to get on with it.
    Have a great time. I'll behave I promise. But I can't vouch for Cheri and Vicki after they've had a few colored drinks.
  • neesie
    edited March 2007
    Whoa Vickie,

Me thinks I'll have to burn up my computer tonight....Are those NY Firemen or do they travel??

Love,
    Denise
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 1,233
    edited March 2007
    FIRE FIRE FIRE FIRE............I NEED ONE OF THOSE BIG, HUNKY, FIREMAN TO COME PUT OUT MY FIRE! WooHoo! I have a tendency to set off fireworks when we have a cybe party so I think it'd be the safest thing to take the Firemen along with us this week-end to the Irish Castle. Just as a safety precaution, of course.

pals
    cheri
  • neesie
    edited March 2007
    Hey Cheri,
    Just PM'D you. Let me know if it makes any sense!
    Hugs,
    Denise
  • neesie
    edited March 2007
    Good Night and Sleep Tight All. I've got to do the dreaded Client logs for the week....then I'll work on a square or two and hit the sack!
    Love your friend verse, Vickie!
    Nickie: Your pics....to funny!

Love and Hugs,
    Denise
  • Biker54
    edited March 2007
    Hi all!

Lisa, enjoy the tennis tournament!! It sounds like you'll have lovely weather. Hot, hot, hot!! .

Vickie, Uhhh, those firemen??? OMG!

Nicki, doesn't your mouth feel all fresh and tingly?? I think I'll be ok going back to work tomorrow. If not, I'll just go home and the h*ll with em! I can always get a couple of things done and then leave. Besides, I am bored outta my socks sitting around this house!! Don't you just hate rotten co-workers? It does sound like she is on her way out the door. Good riddance to bad rubbish!

Shirley, I tried Melatonin. Start out with the 1mg tabs. I took 3mg and it made me really groggy the next day. I asked the people at the health food store and they told me you have to start out with a lower dose.

Cheri, we will need those firemen if we are drinking those green drinks this weekend. I will be spewing fire! If I have another hot flash, I swear I will just spontaneously combust!!

I hope everyone has a pleasant evening. When DH gets out of the shower, we are going to bond and watch the smellyvision. He's having a tough time at work lately, so he needs a little hugging. That's ok. He has always been there for me, so it's the least I can do. He is a totally great guy!

Good night and don't let the bedbugs bite. (or the spiders)
  • sherloc
    edited March 2007
    Jan, well crap. I bought the 5mg. Label says "to be used by individuals who need a higher level of sleep support", hmmmm guess I'll cut it in half for a first try.

Must be the season for guys at work. Mine is having a hard time too. Shake ups left and right.
  • Biker54
    edited March 2007

Shirley, it might be ok for you. I don't take many sleeping pills, so maybe it made me more drowsy. Try it, it can't hurt!

• newvickie
    edited March 2007
    Sweet sister,
    Really tired...wow...busy day. Carpet ride with many loopdeloos, work, took furbaby for his first grooming...so cute...bought a papasan chair at Pier 1 and it won't fit in my car so I have to find someone to bring it home for me...geez. Raining, gray, flooding and foggy as all get out here. Could barely see to get home the fog is so bad. Sitting her on my patootie bein a bum!
    Nicki..well good evening sexy thang! LOL. Yup it's starting to feel like we are in the twilight zone! Spooky stuff.
    Cheri...looks like Frontier installed a firewall that I have to get around to download my instant messenger stuff or something...gonna call them tomorrow.
    Madison...I wanted to stay home today too but would have probably slept all day so I sucked it up and went to work. Don't know why I'm so tired...hmmm...to much crocheting late into the night LOL. Nasty weather here too.
    Betty...we miss you too!
    Karen...just sending you more hugs.
    Sheri...heehee...I love puppies and tolerate cats! Sarah had a cat that I swear was the cat from h*ll! Would attack her friends whenever they came over and she'd have to lock him in her bedroom! I can't do litterboxes...ewww!!
    Margaret...a dollar and a dream. Don't know what I'd do first if I won the lottery! Wait...yes I do...I quit my job and go buy more yarn!
    Sue...are you buried under the laundry. It's only me and Nate here and I swear I don't know where all the laundry comes from.
    TGirl...sometimes the easiest thing to do is wipe the computer clean and start again.
    Jan...Glad our feeling well. Can't wait to take Nate to the carnival. I missed one of his awards last year (I completely forgot about it) and he came home and just sobbed. Said he was the only one there that didn't have anybody. Oh my...guilt galore! I think I cried more than he did but it was right in the middle of chemo and live was a mess.
    Susan...careful with those blue drinks...they make you do strange things you'd never dream of doing without them LOL!
    Jule...Yippee...your done...good for you!
    Amy...I tried to defragment...no luck. Mazer was driving too...no wonder I got a bit airsick!
    Shokk...enjoy your visit with your DD...wish I could get mine up here! Gonna have to go drag her home.
    Shirley...you can come to the carnival with us anytime!
    Denise...heck...I am a dementia patient some days LOL.
    Sheri...hope you get some relief and soon.
    Any word from our dear Deb?
    Oh my...Gotta get ready for bed...yup...it's early but I'm just beat and have lots of work to do tomorrow. Haven't filed anything since the beginning of the year so I have a few piles to take care of and checks to write.
    Love ya all
    Vickie
  • sherloc
    edited March 2007
    hmmmm we shall see Jan, I'll report tomorrow....if 2 ambien didn't knock me out not sure what good this will do

Sweet dreams Vicki
  • Madison
    Madison Member Posts: 859
    edited March 2007
    Shirley, hope you get some sleep tonight.

It sure is quiet tonight....has anyone heard from Deb or Sheri...

I am off to bed, with crochet hook and yarn in hand...

Vickie, I think we all get tired on Wednesday

Deb or Sheri, if you check in, wake me up so I can hear about your appointments.
    Madison
  • AlaskaDeb
    AlaskaDeb Member Posts: 1,159
    edited March 2007
    Just got home. Everything went well. I'll read back and then be back with details. Thanks for everyone comin' along

Hugs
    Deb C
  • susanmcm
    susanmcm Member Posts: 699
    edited March 2007
    Denise all I know is I’m above average and beautiful!!! Great idea about the screened in porch. Keeps out the mosquitos.

Ok, I’m taking a self-inflicted one week vacation from arimidex.

Deb, how were your tests today??

Madison, do you take any pain medicine? Is DDD different from arthritis or maybe a result of arthritis? I have really had a hard time getting out of bed in the morning. I have a friend who goes straight from bed to the Jacuzzi and sits there till she feels better.

What kinda IM are you guys using?

Boy stink. That’s just too funny!!! It doesn’t surprise me at all, once you think about it.

Shirley, can I still send you my bras??? You still didn’t sleep last night. What’s up. The aliens have you in an anti-sleep field and they are doing experiments on you. That sucks. I think you have said Tylenol PM does not work for you. It puts me out like a light.

Jan, we used to say, good night, sleep tight and don’t let the bed bugs bite. Hope you are getting weller, sooner.

Cheri your dog is a cutie. I’ll bet the pups are cute too. I’ll ask DH if he wants a puppy. I don’t know about taking you to my doctors appt. He really is cranky and I could see the two of you really going at it. I’ll take you along for the very last appointment when I don’t need him anymore!!!! Then I’ll join you and we will both have fun.

Lisa, I hope the new test turn out good. Hugs for you.
    Sheri I hope your appointment went well today.

Amy, good luck with your science project. LOL

Vickie thanks for the poem. Men don't do what they're supposed to do. Talk about an understatement!!! You know it’s the small words I can’t spell. You’re right they don’t look right.

Betty I miss you too. Is your computer still broken????

Chemosabi, did you leave so you could go exercise. Woohoo!!
  • AlaskaDeb
    AlaskaDeb Member Posts: 1,159
    edited March 2007
    Good evening ladies-

I am just worn out. My dr. visits went great. My Onc wants me to go in for the genetic testing, but other than that they said I was doing great and didn't need to see anyone for 3 months I am NED and my onc even talked about my cancer in the past tense...that made me feel good. Even with all the good news, I have to say that I HATE going to their offices. I get stressed out, I cry when I leave, I am all farklempt....I don't know why, but it still totally stresses me out. I guess it takes me out of denial land and makes me face the fact that I’m still at high risk for this crap coming back…I hate that.

It helped so much to know you were all saddled up and there with me. I listened to my circle girl CD on my headphones while I waited and it made me smile.

I posted some photos I took today on the trip on my blog. If you want to see some of my trip today you can go have a look. I’m sure the magic carpet was flying too high to see much

http://glassylady41.spaces.live.com/

I saw one thing I couldn’t get photos of today that was SO cool. I was driving along and 2 ravens were flying above the road. They were swooping up and then flipping over upside-down in the air and diving toward the road. They did it 4 or 5 times before flying off over the river. They were obviously just having fun, playing in the air. I laughed out loud watching them. I always enjoy the ravens. I think they look like little old men when they are walking and like some type of magical creature when they fly.

Well ladies…I am totally worn out and headed for an early bed-time. Thanks for all the good wishes and support today. It helped a lot!!! I promise to catch up with everyone’s news tomorrow.

Oh yeah…I swept all around my bed and washed all the bedding…I hope I killed the nasty little mutant spider or what ever creepy-crawly bug bit me! Wish me luck

Deb C
  • christineK
    christineK Member Posts: 735
    edited March 2007
    Too much for me to catch up on today. I hope everyone had the best appts. ever and others are healing quickly.

I just gotta ask, who taught Nicki to post pics? She is outta control! LOL Glad you are having fun with it! You must stay up all night search for those great pics and saving them for later.
  • b445
    b445 Member Posts: 980
    edited March 2007
    Susan, I have Trillian that show all my IM contacts. I have AOL, Yahoo & MSN, but there's also ICQ and another one too. I mostly use the Yahoo & MSN IM's

I had those shots in the spine for my DDD several years ago, 7 to be exact! The first one just about killed me it hurt so bad! but by the time I had the fourth one I must have been improving cause it didn't hurt near as bad and I was able to sit for the long flight to Hawaii only a few days later. I tried nortryptalin for the pain that also helped some. and the chiropractoer 5 days a week for three years. now I only go once a week or so. But I have three areas that have problems. Upper, middle and lower!

Ladies please remember to defrag your computers at least once a month oh and you have to clean up the cookies and temporary files too! You should run your virus and spyware protection every week too! That will help keep your computer running better. And last but not least don't let you memory get too used up that weill make it impossible to do the clean ups if it is.

Wow it's late I need to try to sleep.

hugs & prayers
  • newvickie
    edited March 2007
    Wake up Nicki dear...I sooo love all the pics you are posting. Such fun!
    Well the sun isn't shining here this morning. Its pouring rain! Flood warnings, flash flood warnings, advisories and it looks like snow on the way yet again. If this doesn't let up soon this girls goin AWOL to anywhere there is sunshine!
    Jeannie girl...where are you!
    Susan...I use the yahoo instant messenger.
    Cheri...I got the instant messenger downloaded last night so I have it at home now!
    CY...hello...great tips on the computer care. Also ladies...NEVER open an email that comes from someone you don't know. It doesn't always work anymore as some emails will give your computer a virus without opening it but it helps.
    RobinTN...haven't seen you lately...are you there? Come tell us how you are.
    Deb...I know just how you feel. It's great to be NED but just sitting in the waiting room for blood work or oncology visits stress me out. It brings it all back. I get stressed just walking across the parking lot. I should look at it differently...they saved my life! I've tried too and they are wonderful people there but it's hard. Glad you had good news. My daughter loves ravens too...she named her puppy Ravin!
    Ok...gotta get in the shower early as it's gonna take a while to get to work this morning as the roads where flooding last night in several places as it's bound to be worse this morning.
    I love ya all and the poem was meant for all...it's hard to be a women...but we have each other and that's all that matters.
    Have a wonderful, peaceful, happy, healthy day!
    Vickie
  • newvickie
    edited March 2007
    hmmm...now I thought for sure that I'd post and come back and see Nicki ahead of me. Where are you sunshine girl?

Wanted to add one more thing quick. If anyone is interested in my yahoo ID just send me a pm. It's a fun way to send a quick message when you want to get ahold of someone. I have it at work also.

Love to all
    Vickie