Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

TIME TO CIRCLE THE WAGONS GIRLS

Comments

• lisaelder1972
    lisaelder1972 Member Posts: 69
    edited April 2007
    Cheri,
    Adorable puppies and handsome grandson.Guess you and I beat everyone up this am.Congrats on your effort to go cold turkey.I too am a heavy smoker.I was gonna try Chantix but I've heard it's expennsive.I'm so nervous it will be very hard.

Shel,yes you are beautiful.Hold your head up high.
    Cy,by all means get your tummy checked out.
    Gotta run hubby to work brb

Lisa
  • lisaelder1972
    lisaelder1972 Member Posts: 69
    edited April 2007
    Trying to catch up some lol

G,hope you get that port straigtened out,I hated mine,had it took out and get Herceptin in arm.

Tracey,Happy belated birthday and girl them shooters will get ya everytime.

Vickie,glad you got your yard work done,do mine next?

Betty,I live very close to Chattanooga and get all my tx there.

Robin,you do deserve to be filthy rich.How's Tesla?

Nicki,so glad it was not mets.

Deb,been reading your blog,love it.

Margaret,Yeah congrats on the knifty knitter.

Theresa,just be careful and don't trip oover your puter,I would lol.

Madison B9 B9 B9.My BP has been high since chemo.

Kristin,hope your BRCA is negative.

Liz,I am sure you looked beutiful no matter what you wore.And curls?I'm jealous.

Shirley,will say a prayer for DHs surgery today and your scan tommorrow.

Denise,I can't figure out if I wanna get tested or not but my dd is 16 and I'm worried.

I'm still crappy at long posts so those I forgot it isn't on purpose,I love all my sisters.Everyone have a great day.

Hugs,
    Lisa
  • jankay
    jankay Member Posts: 789
    edited April 2007
    gm ladies
    well it is a fine saturday morning ooooops it is monday i
    really did know but my fingers didnt. lol
    shel i am so glad u had a good time. you deserve it. always remember that u r beautiful. if u dont we will remind u.
    cheri thank u for your conccrn, but take the test where would we be w/ou.
    cy, for heavens sake,call the doctor. u would blow a fuse if your family had the pain and didnt go to doc.
    will post later. medicibne time'jk
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 2,728
    edited April 2007

Good Morning Everyone: Well I had a wonderful week-end. Now its time to go back to work. Darn anyways. My quads are really sore from doing all the weed pulling and stuff. Guess Im really out of shape. I will have that corporate trainee following me around today - getting in an out of the car without moaning cause my legs hurt will be a challenge.

Betty: Wow! I was just thinking of you this morning when I woke up. And here you were writing a post. So good to see you. If you dont let your insurance lapse, they cannot deny you coverage. So if you change jobs and have to wait for new insurance to kick in, then use COBRA. I think about changing jobs - I really like my job, but I could be making alot more money. But this job has no stress! At this point in my life, I dont want to have a stressful job. So good luck with your job hunting. I am hoping you find the perfect position.

Tina: Good to see yo my friend. You sound great! For some reason, Canada sounds so far away. But you went shopping in Detroit! Thats not so far from Illinois. I little above me and to the right

Margaret: I dont know if I mentioned this before. My older sister was diagnosed with bc 3 months after me. She testing positive for the same BRCA2 mutation. I believe in my heart that genetic testing is good. Sorry about your mom, having to go to dialysis 3 times/week is so hard. You would think in this day and age, they would make it easier! Sending you a big hug.

Susan: I had an awful time getting up and down to pull my weeds. I cant imagine trying to do that right after having knee surgery. Can you get flower boxes and plant flowers without bending or stooping?

Colleen: Im laughing this morning. My treatment for a hangover is a cheesburger, fries and chocolate shake from McDonalds! It always works for me. And its the only time I get McDonalds.

CY: I think the assisted living facility is such a great idea. For peach of mind. In addition, it will improve your MIL quality of life! To be around people, activities, prepared meals, and a healthcare professional just to monitor to make sure things are ok. You BIL sounds like he is in denial. If he doesnt like the AL facility, then tell him to take you MIL home with him. I dont like the sounds of the bloating in your belly with pain. Make sure to get it checked out today. With regards to the fractured ribs. I dont have any pain there - not anymore, but I had pain for months. Couldnt even lay on my right side. Thought it was a chest wall injury. (Thats what the ER doctor told me I had). I hate emergency rooms. They misdiagnose all the time.

Shel: Good luck with your meeting today at the hospital. Sounds like they are trying to throw you a curve ball. A health care facility of all places! You would think they would be more understanding. Earl is a squirrel!

Lisa: Good morning to you. My PCP wants me to try Chantrix. He said so far, it has the best success rates. Guess it makes the cigarettes not taste good. But just like you, I worry about the cost of it.

Jankay: Good Morning to you. Good to see another sunshine sister awake and talking so early in the morning.

Vickie: I swear we are twins. We both were outside cleaning and getting our flower beds ready. And I understand ya about being sore! Enjoy your day off.

Well, I think I may go into work earlier today. Got lots of paper work to do.

Hope you all have a wonderful day.

Nicki
  • newvickie
    newvickie Member Posts: 2,941
    edited April 2007
    Good morning all,
    Hi Lisa...you are officially a sunshine girl this morning. You beat a bunch of us up (well...except Cheri who was posting in the wee hours but she probably hadn't gone to bed LOL)
    Cheri...those puppies and that grandson are adorable. Are you going to get your headache checked out today? I really think it's either the withdrawl or migraines. Migraines are nasty buggers...I know all about that!
    Nicki...tweaking your toes sunshine sister. It's Monday again. Why do the weekends seem to fly by?
    Looks like another beautiful day here today...78 degrees and sunny! It's supposed to cool down into the 50's and 60's for the rest of the week but no snow in sight so I don't care!
    Shel...glad you got your happy back. Of course we all love you and pickin you up and dusting you off is what we are here for. No man can come between sisters.
    Betty...it was good to see your post.
    Jasmine...where have you run off too?
    Tracey...is it back to work for you today? Hope you have recovered from your birthday bash.
    Jan...can't find you either...are you hiding?
    Oh my my arms are tired...all that outside work has made me find muscles I forgot all about. A hot shower and some aspirin will take care of that though. Off to the Kopernik Center with Nate today. He is so excited and was so worried last night that I wouldn't make it to school. He even gave me directions! I laughed and told him I hadn't forgotten how to get to his school. I decided to let him sleep in and take him to school as we will be leaving shortly after he arrives so he won't stress himself waiting in the classroom for me to show up. He's such a little old man!
    Good morning and a grand day to Madison, Liz, Sheri, Susan, Tgirl, Karenindenver, Jan, Deb, Kristin, Shirley, Margaret, Betty, Robin, Amy, Tina, Anne, PurpleMB, Cheryl, Colleen, Peggy, Christine...hmmm...too early to remember all the names but you are all in my heart!
    off to the shower and aspirin!
    Love to all
    Vickie
  • newvickie
    edited April 2007
    Good morning Jankay...you beat me too this morning! Hope you have a wonderful day sunshine.
    Nicki...sneaky sneaky sneaky...you beat me too! Oh my we are both sore this morning. I couldn't do anything last year so I am really out of shape! Hope you have a great day today. Don't work too hard.
    I don't have to work today nananana...heehee. I have to chaperone a bunch of second grades so I'm not sure but I fear that will be called work by this afternoon! Not a big deal...I love kids! Probably won't be thrilled with the bus ride though LOL.
  • jankay
    edited April 2007
    good luck vicki
    if i remember right chaperoning a field trip was work.lol

ispent the weekend getting ready for doc visit in may
  • MargaretB
    MargaretB Member Posts: 771
    edited April 2007
    CY, it's so hard to put someone in assisted living. I say if BIL doesn't like it, then mom can move in with him. My mother made the decision to go into the one down the street from where she lives and it is one that she can stay in if she gets worse. Hope you are feeling better but get the tummy checked out.

Shel, you are never alone - you always have us.

Cheri, great pics.

Vickie, enjoy the field trip.

Lisa, great to see you posting.

Have a great day Jankay, Nicki, Madison, Liz, Susan, Tgirl, Jan, Deb, Kristin, Shirley, Betty, Robin, Amy, Anne, PurpleMB, Colleen, and anyone I missed. I'll be back later.

Margaret
  • beth1225
    beth1225 Member Posts: 402
    edited April 2007
    Missed you guys this weekend but not only was the internet down but the computer got messed up with my youngest ss using it on some site called Runescape. he downloaded something and messed it up royally. He is now banned from the computer.

Had a busy weekend but you were not far from my thoughts. There is no way to catch up! From what I gather, Nicki gets a HOORAY on good test results.

Shel, you are a wonderful person just remember that!

CY, my mom is in an AL facility and it has been the best for her...she fell 11/2005 and shattered her femur and cannot yet function independently enough to be able to come home. When she is she will be back with us. PM Margaret, me, Vickie or Nicki (both of whom work in that environment) for any pointers.

Vickie, I am chaperoning 7th graders to the zoo next week...bus ride is the worst part!

Jankay, you walked more than last week? Keep up the good work. Does your walker have those little skis on the back legs? They can help with movement if the PT says its ok. There is also a contraption that fits on to the walker that helps with getting out of your chair. I will ask mom's PT what it is called, we got ti through him.

Hi Puppy! Missed calling you this weekend. Will call today after I get back home.

Well, today is pre-admission testing for me. I am gettign anxious to get this PBM over with already. The wait is the pits but we have to schedule according dh's vacation time availability. I got a call from my cousin last night who said he would pay for an aide to help out while I am recuperating. I told him I have Larry for that. So he is going to go on the internet with Safeway?Genuardi's and have them deliver whatever groceries we need. I cried again at how wonderful my family has been. He knows that dh is taking a week without pay since he only has one week's vacation pay this year and we are really strapped for cash.
    As for the support and love here, I still am overwhelmed at times. You are all the best! Will check in later and try to catch up.
  • PuppyFive
    PuppyFive Member Posts: 539
    edited April 2007
    Sweet Cheri, I tried to stop smoking and am still trying, hope the habbit dosent get the best of me! You go Girl, I wish you the best, But I did have a lot of problems and still do!! hey CGS, margaret has made another picture monster, Praying for all of you, gotta go take my oldest son jason to the chriopractor(sp) never stops does it!! Puppy
  • PuppyFive
    PuppyFive Member Posts: 539
    edited April 2007
    {{{PAMMY}}}"HELP}}} So many of us are in the "FRUITCAKE TENT" we need your sweetness, along with many other sisters to get us out!!! Aunt Puppy
  • purplemb
    purplemb Member Posts: 593
    edited April 2007
    quick hello, and I thought with the boss gone I'd have time...NOT...
    But hugs to all...
    Nicki...thinking of you haven't cought up yet but....
    Ns, you too take care of yourself...

fruit cake tent...heading there with my pillows and rubber room attire...
    MB
  • Lynn48
    Lynn48 Member Posts: 69
    edited April 2007
    Good Morning Girls,

Haven't posted in a while but check in periodically. New job, shiftwork and all it seems I do is work and laundry! lol. Anyhow, taking a break from the laundry to see what's up.
    Happy Belated Birthday Snowman, sounds like you had a good time, even if you had to pay for it the next day.
    Puppy, glad to see you posting, and another picture monster! I love seeing all the the little posters you guys find, they give me a good smile.
    Beth, my son used to go on Runescape too and we would have computer issues. It is a fun site for them but seems to always mess up the computer some for some reason. Just ban him from that site, there are lots of other gaming places. You might even be able to block it somehow.
    Nicki, did you have a broken rib? Hope it's all good now, but if you're doing gardening it must be better! Can you and Vicki come up to my place and do mine!!! LOL. Our snow is gone and we're back up in the teens (celsius).
    Vicki, have fun with your son, I always enjoyed going on field trips but usually cheated and drove my car and met them at the destination.
    So I met with my surgeon last week about the mammogram issue. He has convinced me (and I have faith in him) that it was just another way for the radiologist to say NORMAL, but they have to write something when they're just reporting on one breast!! Asked why they couldn't just say 'unchanged' from previous instead of worrying me about shadows and stuff. Anyhow, I will follow up in July and try not to worry any further. I am seeing my OB/GYN on May 4 to arrange a total hysterectomy as I am having such issues with that since being on tamoxifen. My onc says that he will not switch me off it even after, so I am glad as otherwise the side effects haven't been bad.
    Madison and/or Vicki can you pm me your address. I have some rectangles to send your way for the afghans.
    Hugs and prayers for everyone,
    Lynn
  • susanmcm
    susanmcm Member Posts: 699
    edited April 2007
    OK Miss Debby, where are you getting those cool pictures. so cute.

Cheryl, is the pain high at your stomach or lower in your abdomen. It's dangerous to dx online and without any knowledge (LOL) but what you are describing sounds like diverticulitis. I've had it. It's an infection in your colon. If that's it, I don't think it will get better without meds. go see your doc soon.

Nicki, the plants are still sitting on a table next to the door. DH is going to plant them. I will supervise.

shel, glad you are feeling better. Gee if I can get both you and Robin to move to Springfield, that would probably qualify me as a nurse recruiter and I could make lots of money.

vicki have fun today.

cheri, do you have appt today or is it tomorrow?

Betty, good to hear from you. And good luck on the job hunt. Nicki's right about the insurance. i wouldn't let that stop you. You're beautiful damn it!

xo
    susan
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 1,233
    edited April 2007
    Good morning ladies. Another beautiful day in the Ozarks!

Lisa, I joined a smoking cessation website, 'Quitnet' which is really a big help. There are alot of people there in chat that take Chantix and say it's the best thing to come along and works very well. I do think it's expensive, though. Seems like about $100 for 1 month supply. i don't know how long you have to take it. I'm really a nervous person too, that's why I chain-smoked one right after the other. I spent 14.95 on a book that works very well for me, so far. I've just about worn the cover off it referring back to it. lol

Jankay, I hope you're feeling better. Yes, I'm having the test.

Nicki, glad you had a nice week-end.

Vickie, hey! I'm not going to the dr. today I have an appt. in Springfield early in the morning for my head CT and doppler after that for my legs. The doppler is for my ankle/foot surgery. Then the next morning I have to go back here in town to have my bloodwork done for surgery. My dr. says alot depends on this head CT. He actually said it could be a 'tumor'. Told me he couldn't sign the paper that the Ortho in Iowa wanted until this thing is cleared up. I have decided if he screws up my surgery date that took 6 months to get, without me having brain mets, or at least something as serious as a tumor, I'm going to punch him in the eye! He knows how important this surgery is to me. I was hoping I was just going through nicotine withdrawals but my symptoms are too severe. To be honest, I really am a little worried about the head CT.

Mena, hope you're feeling better today.

Puppy, thanks. When you get ready to quit (and there is never going to be a stress-free time) let me know and I'll give you the name of a really good book that put me on the right track.

Hey to Margaret, MB, Gina, Deb, Tracey, Shel, Iris, Liz, Boo, Gus, Lini, Laura, Christine, Denise, Karen, Kristin, colleen, Joyce, Betty, Sheri, Brenda, Carrie, Deese, Shirley, Janny, and anyone I've missed, hey to you all and have a very nice day.

pals
    cheri
  • sherloc
    sherloc Member Posts: 893
    edited April 2007
    Good Morning ladies. Can you all remember to say a prayer for hubby today. I'm hoping for the quickie hour and a half repair but not counting on it. He has let this go for over two years so there is probably a lot of damage in there. He was up half the night pacing the floor. The thought of going under is totally freaking him out.
    Anywhos so thats where I will be today. Gonna be weird to not be the one in the bed this time. I think I like it.

Socal, love that pic. Very very cool sign?

Robin, xanax and beer? hmmm a combo I haven't tried.

Cheri, go get that CT and be done with it. My guess is withdrawl as well.
    Hate it you get new glasses and they aren't right. I agree, we pay to much darn money for them not to be right the first time.

Tracey, glad you had a good birthday. Shooters? O my!!

Betty, good to see you. When you do get a call back make sure you mention that you already left one message. Shame on the new nurse.

Tina, be careful. 17 year old fashion icons turn into 20something clothing obsessed individuals. Do what is best for her now. No more clothes. She will thank you for it in the future. hahahhahahhahahhahahah

Margaret, dialysis? Don't know how I missed that. Prayers for your mom.

CY, that does not sound good. Hope you already called the doc.

Shel, good luck with your meeting today.

Cheri, awwwwwww for both the kidlet and the puppies.

Lisa, I'm thinking of asking for Chantix too. Thanks for the prayers.

Nicki, good luck with your trainee today. I hate ERs too.

Vicki, have fun on your field trip.

Beth, caught my 20 year old Navy Boy downloading music yesterday. Geez, he doesn't even live here anymore and he's still trying to screw up my puter. Good luck today.

Off to get the man up and ready for his day. Hope everyone has a fabulous day. Hi to everyone not mentioned. I don't even try to remember names. Couldn't do it before "they" killed my brain cells. I'll pop in with a report later.
  • sherloc
    sherloc Member Posts: 893
    edited April 2007
    Cheri, whats the name of the book?
    Hugs hon, you will be in held up in constant prayer till you get the all clear. And I'll hold that guy down for you if he screws up your surgery.
  • jasmine
    jasmine Member Posts: 773
    edited July 2008

Cheri, could the Chantix costs more than what you were spending for cigs each month? I would just consider it a trade off so instead of spending the money for cigs each month you are spending the money on Chantix instead. And it will improve your health in the long run.

• neesie
    neesie Member Posts: 1,110
    edited April 2007
    Hi all,

I'm going to post first then go back and catch up!! I've read a bit but have a long way to go! Had my GD over the weekend..so Gram is a bit slow this morning!

Cheri: Congrats! There was a thread on here somewhere about smoking..but I haven't been able to find it in along time. Do you know what it is? I ordered the book 2 months ago or so.......for my DH, but I plan on reading it also, as it appears that I need a refresher course. I haven't even taken it out of the box yet..The day after I received it my DH announced that he didn't like how much drinking he was doing. A true Beer man. Anyhow, I knew I didn't like it, but didn't realize how many cans were being guzzled! Never away from home, but he has always spent hours in the garage, building, woodworking and etc. So, he decided he needed help to stop. I didn't think it was a good time to pop the book on him! He hasn't had a drink since Feb. 11th. We'll see what happens. I've never seen him "fall down drunk" and he never was mean. Annoying yes! but not mean. Anyhow, back to the topic. That is great, I am gonna bust the book out and let me know if you remember the thread.

Vickie: Something about a field trip today? I used to love those! Don't think I could handle a school bus full of 60 second graders anymore!! You and Nate have a great time!

Shirley: Your DH will be in my prayers. Please let us know when all is done.

Margaret: I don't think I remember hearing that your Mom is on Dialysis. That is hard for both, I'm sure. Must tell you that I think your volunteer work for underpriviledged children is fantastic! Sounds like the fundraiser does wonders. Good luck!

Now the generic version: Sending a huge hug to all of you, I hope to catch up and personalize a bit later in the day. Hope all have a good day!

Be back later,
    Hugs,
    Denise
  • shokk
    shokk Member Posts: 790
    edited April 2007

Good morning everyone.......had a nice weekend.....on Sat. and Sunday mornings my youngest daughter and I sit in bed watching the food network and drink coffee.......she loves coffee....she has been drinking it since she started walking.....the second I would put my coffee down she would waddle over and grab it.......anyway I did read post over the weekend and I want to respond to Shel and Robin but this morning we had tornados in the Panhandle so work is crazy again....and for some reason did not sleep well last night and I feel very fuzzy headed this morning...just want everyone to know (Cheri, NS, Madison,Serloc (your husband)everyone that has bc issues going on this wk ya'll are all in my prayers......one quick story.....my 81 yr old mom had lunch with her yesterday and she was telling me a story about one of her "friends" and she said "she was acting just like a b***h" ok girls I was raised in a strict southern Baptist home....I have never heard my mom say that word....I nearly fell out of my chair......my daughter was sitting there and my mom just continued her story and I am staring at my daughter and she has the biggest smile on her face....after I dropped my mom back at her house my daughter and I could not stop laughing....parents...just priceless

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 1,233
    edited April 2007
    Shirley, prayers for dh. Also, the name of the book is, "The Easy Way To Stop Smoking". by Allen Carr. I found it on-line at Barnes & Nobles and just paid 14.95 for the hard cover, including shipping. Paperback is cheaper. This guy makes good sense if you read it with an open mind and you're supposed to continue smoking while you read it. I've referred back to it alot. The first week was easy for the first time because I'd just read the book and was actually excited to get started. It's a little tougher now, but I can do this. I feel like I've got a handle on it. The book isn't magic or anything. You have to be open to it and you have to be ready to quit.

Jazmanin, funny you should mention the money I've saved. I really was smoking on an average of 3 packs a day. I joined "Quitnet" and they keep track of how much money you've saved and how long you've made it without smoking and last week when my dh was home I looked at it and for a week I'd saved like $ 73.50. My garbage disposal had just went out so my dh went out and bought another one with the money I'd saved from not smoking. That was cool, to actually see something bought we needed instead of throwing it away on cigarettes. So, yes, I could afford the Chantix. But I've come too far to use it. You have to smoke the first week you're on it and this is my 12th day of freedom! Also, the author of this book is against any kind of nicotine replacement products so I bet a prescription wouldn't be good either, even tho it has no nicotine in it. Don't know.

Denise, yes there was a smoking thread at one time. I started it back in either Nov. or Dec.06. We kept it bumped up until a couple months ago. I wanted to find the lady that gave me the name of the book and bragged about it to see if she was still quit. The thread is gone. I've searched for it too. It was a good thread, i should've kept bumping it. I suppose I could start another one but it wouldn't be the same. There was alot of responses on there from smokers. I don't ever want to smoke again. I hope I don't.

Thanks for the support girls. About the CT that I'm sweating and the smoking. I didn't want to mention the quit smoking thing until I felt fairly sure I was actually going to make it this time. I sure hope I do. And I hope I haven't been crabby the past week or so. This is tough.

pals
    cheri
  • beth1225
    beth1225 Member Posts: 402
    edited April 2007
    Well, Spring has sprung here outside of Philly. These little guys popped open just this morning. There are ruffled Tulips due to bloom soon in front and Irises to the right. DH bought the Kitty Crossing sign last Spring. I am not much of a gardener so this is about it. But, I told SoCalLisa I would post these so she could see along with the Philly get-together pics on that thread.

• Biker54
    Biker54 Member Posts: 1,042
    edited April 2007
    Good afternoon all!

(((((shel)))))) you are definately not pathetic! You are a strong, beautiful woman. Tell Earl and the rest of the family to "shove it"!

Vickie, what cute litle kittens! I'm glad your neighbor is home and Nate is feeling better. Enjoy the trip today!

Madison, good luck with your biopsy. I'm sure it will be B9.

Sherloc, go ahead and have the BRCA test done. If I had a doughter, I would.

Robin, I wish there was a way we could get the Evil. I don't know enough about computers to be able to get his password. YOu know what they say, What goes around, Comes around. He will get his someday. You can count on it!
    Most women I know gained weight during and after chemo. I put on the required 20 lbs. myself .

Iris, loud alarms are good, except when they go off by accident at 4:00 am. You could just scrape me off the ceiling fan!

Nicki, I also thought A/C was easier than Taxotere. I got every SE in the book. I wasn't nauseous, but I got everything else.

Kristin, where is it written that you have to be happy every minute? Just relax and go with it. I've been places where I should have been happy, but wasn't. It will get better.

Cheri, I liked what you wrote. We do have a lot of things going on in our lives that make it nearly impossible to forget about bc. It attaches itself to nearly everything.
    Sounds like you are doing really well quitting the habit! Keep up the good work!

JanKay, you can stay in the inner circle as long as you need to.

Cy, so sorry about Emily. She and her family are in my prayers. My DH has diverticulitis and sometimes he has the same symptoms you described. Get it checked out.

NS, your port is red and swollen? That sounds like an infection to me. You should probably call your Doc.

What a beautiful weekend!!!!! It has been close to 80! Yesterday, we sat on the deck and drank gin and tonics. It really feels like summer. We hung new windchimes and listening to them almost puts me to sleep. We were out on the bike Sat. & Sun. It was good to have the wind in my face again. DS and family went to Florida this week. He called and told me that it was 80. I said, guess what, it's 80 here too . He is planning on moving to the Cape Coral area. I am just heartsick at the thought. He wants all of us to move there, but that's not happening.
    I started getting the garden ready. I can't believe how many weeds were coming up already. When I got out there and really looked at my azaleas, I couldn't believe it. The GD deer ate off the tips of almost every branch!! This has never happened before. DH says our property must be like deer fast food. I'll have to wait and see how they recover from the damage. I guess I'll be covering them with netting next winter.
    Hello to all that I missed. I didn't leave anyone out on purpose. Bugs and fishes, Deb . I love you all!
  • neesie
    neesie Member Posts: 1,110
    edited April 2007
    Good Afternoon ladies!

Wishes and hope and hugs and love for all!

Cy: How is Emily doing? That is so hard, but I'm sure that with Hospice keeping her comfortable and the love of family and friends near, helps her.

Robin: Just thinking....Mr. Evil and An embroidery machine. Is the machine portable enough that you could maybe stitch up a few "say" male body parts?

Deb: You are always so "good" busy. I can't wait to see how we all join you in the Survivor Lap. I know it will be great!

Anne: Haven't heard from you. I hope the rads aren't getting to you, and I hope you are taking time for yourself.

NS: Have you received any "info" on Mom yet? And how is the port doing? Have you been back to have it checked yet? You know, as much crap as you have on your shoulders right now and you still made me laugh! Hoping that your Mom gets a script for Draino!!

Amy: Where are you????

Madison: When is your B9 biopsy? (squares are boxed!)

Kristen: I really doubt that you have a mean bone in you. It is just hard to see happiness sometimes when you are miserable. And God knows, we all know that feeling.

Margaret: The Girlfriend pic was so cute!!

Theresa: Did you make it to the Pheasant Farm with the Dogs? Yesterday was beautiful here...today, it doesn't quite know what it wants to do. Sunny, cloudy, windy, sun and etc.! Fresh Asparagus..That sounds yummy. Hope you were able to pick some!

Susan: Hello to you..Are you still going for physical terriorism? Let's see..you have a bum knee and Cheri has bum feet.. Who did you say would be driving??

Shel: Are you really only 4'9"? You are a tiny little thing. Tiny, but not pathetic. You are bright, funny, caring and beautiful, dammit! I don't know the Earl thing, but I do know you are better off without his face around. Good luck with your discrimination meeting. What a shame that you have to go through that crap. But, soon you will be back in the Keys, enjoying yourself!!

Nicki: How is your rib doing? I've cracked a couple by coughing before. Cracked or pulled cartlidge...hurts like heck. Staggering thought, 75% of women with BC have no family history.

Betty: I'm glad your presentation went well. Good luck with the job search! I have got to do the same thing. Been waiting until I feel good and normal.......I've come to the conclusion that If I wait for both of the above......I'll be 6 feet under and no one will hire me then!

Cheri: Ethan is a cutie pie!! Love the freckles! How's the baby feeling?
    Hope by now you are feeling better. I gave myself a "prune juice" overdose this morning.......how do you spell "diarea?"
    We'll be with you for your appts. tomorrow and NO you are not driving. Your head will be fine!

Shokk: I had to laugh at your Mom! I have a client that is 93. I have been with her for 4 years. Just found out 2 weeks ago that she used to be a Nun! Knowing that she is a Widow, it kinda shocked me! Last week she was ripping up papers and dropping them into a bag of trash....and kept missing the bag. I hear "Dammit", just about passed out laughing.....I've never even heard, "shoot or darn" come out of her mouth. I call them the "oldies but goodies!"

Jan: Bet it felt good to be on the bikes again! I know how you feel about DS moving to Florida. My DS upped and moved to Arizona 3 years ago, and I hate it. Love what it has done for him, but hate that I only see him a couple times a year.

Lynn: I don't believe there is a Doctor around in any category who writes in "human" on reports! My Mammogram also came back with something about Thickening around Surgical site. Ya think? Scar tissue, Moran! Guess that doesn't look so good on reports!

MB: I'll grab my rubber gear and join you in the Fruit Cake tent anytime!

Beth: Good Luck with your Pre-op testing today.

Now if I say Hello to: Liz, colleen, Tina, JanKay, Sheri, Lisa, Puppy, AlwaysHope and Peggy......I know I will forget so many. Hugs to you all!

Vickie: Hope you have survived the Field Trip!
    Lisa: Love the Circle of Friends Picture.

Both Vickie and Lisa: You do a great job with photography! Either one of you want to do a Wedding in AZ this November!!

Off for now,
    Hugs,
    Denise
  • jankay
    edited April 2007
    good afternoon
    i am sitting at the computer smelling the baked chicken dinner my thirteen year old daughter is cooking for supper
    which smells good. believe it or not she is a good cook, last night she made meat loaf. jus t not too good at the cleaning up.
    vicki-how was the field trip

cheri-i remember when my dad quit smoking. He chewed gum like it was the greatest thing in the world.
    biker-my mom did stuff like that when she started getting older. We would laugh and say after 80 years she could say wwhatever she wanted.
    Beth-i would apprecatte any suggestions u have.
    love jankay
  • lizws
    lizws Member Posts: 789
    edited April 2007
    Hi girls, just popping in to check on everyone. I had my bone scan today. The girl couldn't/didn't say anything. I did ask to see the computerized image though. Interesting. I have a huge knot/bruise where she injected the radioactive stuff. We shall see what happens now.

Nicki - I think you do need to get a DEXA scan as a baseline. I remember the cold/pain you had and really do think that's when you broke the ribs.

Madison - I agree with everyone else. The only good lump is in a jar. Hugs.

Sher - hope DH is all done with surgery and is resting comfortably. Does he have to wear the wedge pillow?

Hi to everyone else. I'm going to go take a nap I think. I'm really tired today.

BBL
    Hugs
    Liz
  • lv2cmp
    lv2cmp Member Posts: 899
    edited April 2007
    Afternoon ladies,

Been a busy day on the work front and just now getting here to check in. I did do a quick read this morning to scan and find out what Nicki found out because I knew she would know something on Friday being the nurse that she is. Phewwwwwwww,,nothing like a good ol broken rib. Better tell the hubby to quit beating up on you.

Madison-glad you are getting a biopsy just to make sure. NO sense in worrying when you can biopsy and know for sure.

Cheri-now whats this I read about you?!? A brain scan? Hmm, now exactly what is it they are trying to see? All jokes aside now believe it or not,,I am glad you are getting it checked out but your brain is probably wondering where the nicotene is. My dad chewed gum to quit just this past 8 months or so and he was as much of a smoker as you. I'm so glad he quit but god knows its hard. Luckily I am not a smoker but I must confess I was in my younger years but only did it when I drank. Now I just drink,,lol. Hugs to you and thats about as mushy as I get.

Susan-You two are lucky to live close enough like that. Thats just too cool. Hope the knee is healing.

Liz-crossing my fingers for good bone scan results.

Shel-whats this I read about you? First of all the 4'9 floored me but I got past that but couldnt get past what Earl is trying to make you believe. You are beautiful dammit and Earl doesnt know crap.

Robin-giving it some serious thought about the windows xp. I sure would enjoy it and he deserves it.

Biker-glad you were able to get out and ride this weekend. It was beautiful.

Shirley-glad to see you back. We missed you.

Kristin-you have alot going on in your life and its ok to feel down and out. We all do it.

Deb-you are a busy little bee but I sure enjoyed the walk around your place. I took great pleasure in jumping up and down in your parents driveway and splashing mud like a little kid. I also dropped some tomatoes in for your chickens just so you know.

Sherndon-will look to see if still have some pokemon cause I know we hit that phase also. Glad we moved on too I must admit. I know he still has pokemon vcr tapes. Yep I must admit we still have those boxed up,,somewhere.

Puppy-talladega time,,,come on down. I saw many 18 wheelers rolling in on my way to work with all the logos painted on them. We might go. WE have been the last 3 years so why not. They were saying possible rain but now that has moved out of the forecast.

Vickie-I will have to get those books together for Nate.

Cy-sorry about the BIL being a donkey. You all are sure having a rough time.

NS-I feel for you not getting info about your mom. I hate it when things happen like that. Hoping the port is better soon.

Lisa-good luck to you whenever you decide to give it a whirl at quitting. Sure tough habit to break.

Margaret-sorry to hear about your mom. I must have missed that info too somewhere along the way.

Betty-good to see you posting and glad you are sending out your resume. Never too old to decide what you want to do when you grow up.

Jankay-you are up with the birds like Nicki and Vickie-Not me,,no way.

Iris-glad to see you posting along. Miss you when you are away. Calhoun County is very pretty but it was hot this weekend. got the farmer tan going on.

Beth-hope your pre admin test went well. I know you will be glad to get this behind you.

Lynn-glad to see you checking in. My son is a runescape player and so far no problems but he does it on his own laptop and not mine.

Shirley-thinking of your husband.

Almost time to get out of here and socialize with the in laws and drink a few beers. He has helped us with the garden fence and a gate for our kidding pen when we start having baby goats so we have been busy. We also tightened up some fencing. SO or DW's whatever the correct term is,,anyway her dad enjoys the work and we certainly enjoy the help. We did have an educational Sunday though,,,DW gets up earlier than me and I was awake but not up. I hear from the window,,hey amy,,amy,,you up? I said yes,,why...then I hear well Sapphire is in heat and if you ever wanted to see goat S#@ now is the time. Wow talk about a wake up call!!!! Never a dull moment on the farm.

Amy
  • newvickie
    edited April 2007
    Good afternoon...evening...who knows...aaauuuggghhh.
    What a day it has been! Can someone remind me on the next trip to take Dramamine or drive myself!!! I was the only chaperone who showed up for all the 2nd graders...can you say stessful. We got them all lined up and ready to go and no bus. No one reserved on so we were an hour behind schedule by the time we got out the door. I had 19 kids (well...most of the time LOL...I had 21 a couple times and 17 once). I must say they were a very well behaved group of kids. No problems at all. Had a good time and Nathaniel was just happy I went with them. A busload of kids that are tired and ready to go home wasn't fun...can you say LOUD! No way could I ever be a bus driver. I would have to have my Xanex all day and earplugs.
    Calling for thundershowers here tonight so Nate is excited. We love to sit on the front porch and watch the storms. If they get to close we move inside and watch out the big windows in the dining room. It's 81 degrees now but supposed to drop into the 50's for the rest of the week.
    Shirley...how is DH? Sent prayers today and still am. Let us know when you can.
    Cheri girl...I am saying nicotine withdrawl and you had the flu for at least a week...maybe you are missing some vitamins or minerals in your system from all the diarraha (ok...can't figure the spelling on that one LOL). Sendin you a hug. I know your not the mushy type but you'll have to put up with my hugs anyway...so there!
    Madison...all will be well with you too. I am sending out angels to so many that nothing can go wrong.
    Liz...the bone scan will come out just fine. Take a nap and come back and visit with us.
    Amy...my sister has boar goats and they are having babies left and right...oh my...they are so very cute. I want one, or two or...well you get the picture!
    Deb...a little boy in our class today lived in Alaska. He couldn't remember where but what a doll he is! I told him about you and he thought it was really cool that I knew someone way up there.
    Jankay...I love to cook but hate the cleanup part too! Owned a diner for five years and still have trouble cooking small portions. I have a dishwasher that everyone at work pitched in and bought me when I was first dx'd...I love it and will never be without a dishwasher again. Grew up with 4 sisters and a brother and being the oldest it was always my job to do the dishes...I HATE DOING DISHES!!
    Shokk...laughing about your mom...NOT laughing about the tornado's...we do get them here but they are very rare. I would be a wreck. Don't mind a thunderstorm but hate the wind. Stay safe. Maybe a seperate closet for all the critters next time LOL.
    Denise...a wedding in Arizona!!! Oh my...that would be lovely. I have to weddings to do now and I am so excited. One in July and one in September.
    Beth...my daffodils just popped up so I should have flowers soon I hope. The tulip are right behind them so hopefully spring is here to stay.
    Jasmine...did I lose you...where are you?
    Lisa...I love yardwork...I'll be right over!
    CY...did you get your belly checked out...please do. Thinking of you.
    Puppy...great pictures! Made me laugh.
    I'm off to the fruitcake tent...need a padded room for a couple of hours with a stiff drink and no noise. Peanut butter cup ice cream would be nice too LOL.
    Missed a bunch of ya but I'll be back later for sure.
    I love you, each and every one
    Vickie
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 2,728
    edited April 2007

Dragged myself into work. Knew I had that Administrative Trainee who was gonna be with me all day. It was quite a scene - yes it was. So many people stood around me. I knew what it was, but while I was opening it, kept saying "I can't believe they sent ME one." Im trying to explain what I mean while Im still opening the box.

I looked at it with tears in my eyes. Kept saying, not me - so many others need cheering up more than me.

I then had to explain the whole philosophy behind the Afghans and how each square is made by another breast cancer survivor - sister - friend.

So I want to Thank all of you from the bottom of my heart. This is a precious gift I will cherish the rest of my life.

Nicki
  • newvickie
    edited April 2007

Nicki...you are welcome from the bottom of our hearts! Every sister needs one and that is our goal. We love you and now you can wrap yourself in that love any time you need too.