Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

TIME TO CIRCLE THE WAGONS GIRLS

Comments

• lizws
    lizws Member Posts: 789
    edited April 2007

Yeah! Nicki got her afghan. We love you!

• neesie
    neesie Member Posts: 1,110
    edited April 2007
    Hey Nicki! They snuck you in on me with the Afghan!! I am so happy that you received it! You are loved..and now you have 49 hugs to prove it!!!

Hugs,(one more!)
    Denise
  • Madison
    Madison Member Posts: 859
    edited April 2007

Yes indeed Nicki, you are loved!!!!

• neesie
    edited April 2007
    Just checking in for the evening. Wanted to see if Shirley had posted about DH yet. Nope, Nada.

Liz: I'm glad the bone scan is done and over. I do the same thing when I have test. I stare at the screens or print outs and can't make squat out of them!

Amy: I asked where you were earlier....ask and I shall receive! Glad all is well and could use a new pic of Sweet pea!

Vicki: Checking to see if you made it off of the bus! Like I wrote earlier...used to love the field trips, but buses and me don't get along! Glad you had a good time with Nathnaiel. My DD (31) told me a couple of years ago that she was always so happy that I was always at all of the school parties, plays, field trips......Really made me feel good!

Hope all have a good night!

Hugs,
    Denise
  • neesie
    edited April 2007
    OOPS Nicki: Make that 42 Hugs! Typo! Here's the other 7 to make up for my mistake.

XOXOXOXOXOXOXO
    Denise
  • socallisa
    socallisa Member Posts: 10,184
    edited April 2007
    Hi everyone...

Beth..,thanks for your flower picture.. my friend lets me take pictures of her roses...I have never tried to grow them!!

Cheri..behind you all the way on quitting smoking...I too smoked three packs a day and quit 13 years ago..I used the patch..and no brainer knitting to keep my hands busy..what a great thing we can do that and send squares to the wonderful Vickie and Madison for the afghans..

Liz..glad the bone scan is done..it is so awesome to see your own skeleton on the screen..
    Hoping for good results!!

Amy...sounds like life on the farm can be eyeopening!!

Nicki..glad you got one of the afghans..you are a special lady..

Sherloc...hope your husband's surgery went well..sending good thoughts up your way!!

Hugs to everyone...
  • PuppyFive
    PuppyFive Member Posts: 539
    edited April 2007
    Sweet Nicki, You also get a certificate!! All My Love,Puppyimage
  • susanmcm
    susanmcm Member Posts: 699
    edited April 2007
    Liz good luck on your scan results.

Madison, have you had the biopsy yet?

Fancy, I had no idea your husband was sick. hugs to both of you.

Shirley hope your husbands surgery went well. Sounds like he was kinda nervous. I can relate.

Vicki, I think you need a nice blew drink. Will settle you right down.

Cheri, what are you gonna do when they do your CT scan tomorrow and tell you not only is there NO tumor there is nothing in there at all!!! Just teasing. I know you are concerned. I'm saying prayers for you.

Nicki, glad you got an afghan. You are loved.

Cheryl, I think your doctor appt is not till tommorrow. I hope you are feeling better.
  • Biker54
    Biker54 Member Posts: 1,042
    edited April 2007
    Yay Nicki!! You got an afgan!!! That is wonderful!

Denise, DS moving to Florida is bad enough, but he is taking the grandsons with him. . I lived in Arizona for a year and we loved it. DH lost his job and we had to move back to PA. Florida in too muggy and buggy for me! I can't believe he is actually going to move, but his wife's sister lives there and they are close. YOu know the old saying, "A son is a son until he takes a wife, but a daughter is a daughter for the rest of her life". Unfortunately, I don't have any daughters!

Another gorgeous day in the neighborhood! In the 80's! Last week we had snow, LOL! I cooked ribs on the grill with grilled veggies. OMG, it was so good! I grill all year long, as long as the wind isn't blowing too much! It is supposed to cool off a little tomorrow, but hey, Spring has sprung!!!

Cheri, those puppies are too cute!!!

Amy, enjoy the visit with the outlaws! Goats breeding? TMI,LOL!
  • Biker54
    edited April 2007
    Hi Suzykins!!! We were posting at the same time! Hope all is well with you!

Susan, are you coming to Pinkstock? You need to pick up Cheri and bring her!!!
  • Madison
    edited April 2007
    Hello,

I am so sorry I have not been able to post anything long...you are all in my thoughts and prayers.
    It was crazy at work...dd has been having job interviews, etc. I can't figure out how to crochet and type at the same time!!!!
    Anyway, love and hugs to all.
    Cheri, Mazer will have the pilots hat tomorrow for your appointment. Cheryl, do you also have an appointment tomorrow? You know that magic carpet can make it to numerous appointment in a single day. We will all TRY to behave (lol)
    Susan, my biopsy is 4/30.
    Oops, dog is barking...think my dd just drove up to the house (fingers crossed that she has a JOB). Dh said she is having a panic attack because she may have a Job and be on her own.....(gosh, we can only hope)
    Again, hugs to all....
    Madison
  • Biker54
    edited April 2007
    Hey Madison! Hope your DD gets a job. Kids need to be out of the house and on their own!
    I hope your biopsy goes well. Like I said before B9!!!!

Good night all. I'm going down to watch the boob tube with DH now! Night,night! Don't let the bed bugs bite !
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 1,233
    edited April 2007
    Well Susan, my secret is out now thanks to you! That's exactly why I'm scared about the brain CT, cos I'm afraid it'll become public knowledge that there's nothing at all up there! I mean I know there's folks that have suspected that for years but didn't know for sure. TeeHee

Thanks girls for all the well wishes. You are good friends. I appreciate each and every one of you.

pals
    cheri
  • newvickie
    newvickie Member Posts: 2,941
    edited April 2007
    Well dear sisters it's off to bed and my crocheting for the night. Back to work tomorrow although today could have surely been called work! Have a line of storms heading our way so I want to get my puter shut down. I'd be lost without this lifeline of mine and all of you.
    Pick me up in the morning for the magic carpet ride to all the appointments. I'll bring some blue drinks just for the heck of it!
    Has anyone heard from Gina about her port problem?
    Love and big hugs to all
    Vickie
  • susanmcm
    susanmcm Member Posts: 699
    edited April 2007
    Oh gosh, since Cheri has an appointment I guess that does leave Mazer as the head pilot. Go Mazer!!! You are the best.

• jankay
    jankay Member Posts: 789
    edited April 2007
    this is saying good night. i am glad nicki u got an afghan and vicki i do think u worked today. cheri if u had no brain ufooled me. shel hope u are doing well
    liz hope all is well. miss u in the honorary brit club altho most of the time it is just mags and tink and me. mags has lost 20 lbs and tink now has big boobs (knockers i say) everyone have a good night jankay
  • b445
    b445 Member Posts: 980
    edited April 2007
    So very tired and a bit dopped up. after 2 hours at the Dr and 7 in the ER I don't have any answers on the stomach pain, except it's not the gall bladder and I need tyo follow up with the Onc for more testing cause they found suspicious spots on my liver! The gasve me three shots of dilaudid while I was ther and a rx for pain meds to take home.
    I'm going to try to rest and not stress
    HUgs and prayers to all
  • 2up
    2up Member Posts: 944
    edited April 2007
    i tried to do this long assed post, about work and unions and lawyers and mets and 'earl' and how nice it was to get a hug from tina, and how sad i feel about everything else............ long story made short (like me lol) ....... i lost the post!

sooooo, today has been pretty lousy, my gram is in hospital and not doing well, my mom s not handling this well at all! my ex is no longer madly in love with me (but hey it lasted for almost a month this time) and as it stands right now, i'm unemployed because i have restrictions for my potential return to work!

back to 'loserville' for me! guess i need to create a new destiny huh?

i got a much needed hug from 'tina' today ........ she made me smile and laugh at myself ........ i really am a 'cold fish' in a lot of ways .......... i have been taught to be self sufficient and 'stoic' ......... but today a dear sister saw through my veneer and gave me some hope and comfort!

it was refreshing to be 'loved' unconditionally ......... tina wanted nothing from me, she just 'gave' instead ...... what a spectacular person (as all of you are)!

shel
  • Madison
    edited April 2007
    Shel, CY and jankay - great big hugs!!!

Shel, you are NOT in loserville...you are a wonderful and awesome person...

CY, let us shoulder some of the stress for you...get a good nights sleep...we'll keep the campfires burning...rest dear
  • sherloc
    sherloc Member Posts: 893
    edited April 2007
    4.5 hours of surgery, hubby drugged to the gills and still in lots of pain. Staying over night in the hospital. Probably a very good thing. Doc said all went well. Just took so long cause there was lots of damage. Me thinks I'm gonna have to cancel my appt tomorrow.
    I'm wiped out from sitting in that very uncomfortable chair all day. Was very weird being on the other side of things for a change. I'll catch up tomorrow.
  • Madison
    edited April 2007
    Shirley, Mazer is going to be very busy tomorrow...we'll have to stop in to see you and DH (now remember to tell him that Mazer is a donkey).
    Let us know when he is released from the hospital.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 1,233
    edited April 2007
    Well, I've written several posts and ended up erasing them all because I just wasn't satisfied with them. So, I'm just going to say Thanks to all of you for being here for me. I appreciate it very much.

pals
    cheri
  • christineK
    christineK Member Posts: 735
    edited April 2007
    Well. I have read over 400 posts tonight and I apoloogize for not not taking alot of notes between unpacking and getting my life back to normal after being away for just the weekend.
    I want to say congrats to Niki on her good new and to Peggy on her anniversary.
    Vickie- those kitties are so cute, do you need homes for them?
    Susan-- GO CARDS, 2/3 ain't bad, Chicago was a blast! I love that city, even if we do have the best fans!!
    Robin- I think we all believe we lose weight w/ cancer and then gain it. I ate everything I wanted, because I deserved it, and the steroids add the #, no worries- with time it will be gone.
    CY- Hugs for you and Emily.
    Puppy, I used to live in the Carolinas, Nascar was huge! Oh and I Loved Talladega Nights!
    Shel- you are so normal! I think you are an extraordinary woman, but what you are going thru is normal. We have all felt the same.
    Gina- you are still the rock of this thread, what you wrote to Shel is awesome and so are you. Thanks for starting this!!!!
    Shel- prayers for your Gram and living wishes for all of the CGs I missed
    Colleen, Cheri, LIz, Amy. Denise, Madison, Jan, Puppy, Deb- and any one I missed you are all in my heart!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 2,728
    edited April 2007

Good Morning Everyone: I didnt have much computer time last night. Got home from work way too late. Gonna be another long day today. Man I hate it when I have to train someone.

Boy, my computer is moving really slow today. Been up for almost an hour and having a difficult time posting this morning.

So here's the final saga to my broken ribs story. My PCP called me on my cell phone with the final report. He is sure this happened from when I was so sick with bronchitis and coughing hard. Ordered me a dexascan just to make sure Im not osteoporotic. Last thing he says, now your gonna discuss this with your onc arnt you? And of course I am - but geez - this is Tuesday already, and if I waited for my onc to call me I would have been a nervous wreck. I sent him an email and I left a message for him to call me. Havent heard anything from him yet! But thats ok, my PCP took care of things and got me the information I needed. Funny cause it was the onc that ordered the test.

Lynn: May I really think we are all connected! I was just thinking of you when I woke up this morning - and theres a post from you. A little mental telepathy? Anyways, it was so good to hear from you. What kind of new job have you started? Hopig its not too stressful.

Susan: Oh my goodness, if I left my DH plant my flowers with me supervising - that would be one big argument! So he better listen to everything you say.

Sherloc: Glad to hear your husbands surgery went well. I bet it was weird being on the other side in the waiting room instead of surgery.

Shokk: I was worried about you. Did hear on the news about more Tornados in Texas so Im glad your ok. Your moms story cracked me up.

Beth: Pretty flowers. Alot of my perennials got ruined cause of the cold weather. But I have lots of annuals I will be planting.

Jan: Pulling weeds! Yep, thats what I did too. Couldnt believe how fast they grew. Look at it this way, if your sone moves to Florida you can go there and vacation for free!

Denise: Im not having any pain now. Thats what is so weird about this whole rib thing.

Liz: Im so glad the bone scan is over. I never did ask to look at the whole scan so I thought about the weird views at the injection site. Man - I just wonder about them injecting this radioactive stuff in us. I know your results are gonna be good, so just hang in there.

Amy: Ahahahaha - Sapphire!

Vickie: Man, I cant believe you spend the day with second graders at a field trip. I would have been going bonkers!

Puppy: Great pictures!

Cheri: Good luck with your brain scan this morning. My PCP ordered one a few months back when I was having headaches. Never got it done cause the headaches went away. He asked me why and I said - I dont want you to find early dementia or something like that. Shame on the doctor for using the term "tumor."

Jankay: Good morning to you.

CY: Well what the heck! First of all, you can tell from previous posts, I really do hate the ER! So before you get really scared, go talk to your onc and PCP. I was totally misdiagnosed when I broke my first rib! And then lived with pain for months thinking it was a chest wall injury. Sending you a big hug.

Well - I have to go. Its been an adventure trying to post this morning. Hope you all have a wonderful day.

Nicki
  • lisaelder1972
    lisaelder1972 Member Posts: 69
    edited April 2007
    Good morning ladies,

Liz,glad you got the body scan over with.Sorry about the knot.Blowed vein?

Amy,life on the farm sure sounds fun lol.

Vickie,glad you got out with your sanity,I would have eaten my whole bottle of Xanax for sure.Glad Nate had a good time,that's what matters most.

Nicki,Enjoy the afghan sweetie.You are loved and treasured here.

Cheri,We will all be with you for your CT scan and I know they will only find the brain of a smart,beautiful and funny woman.

Jan,YUmmy I love food cooked on the grill.We haven't done it yet this year,gonna plan on that for the weekend.

Madison,hope your DD got a job and I know you will be glad to just get the biopsy over with.

Cy,Hopefully they find the source of your pain and it's not liver related.Diladid=no pain,good stuff.

Shel,sorry about your gram and you are not a loser,you just feel bad right now,this too shall pass,we are here for you.

Shirley,glad you DH did well.Sitting in a hospital sucks and I hope you got rested up.

Beth,that was really sweet of your cousin.There are still some good guys left.

Shokk,LMBO I can just imagine the look on your face when your Mom came out with that.

Jankay,ain't it great having a teenage daughter?Especially one that can cook.My 15 yr old is a great cook.I taught her well lol.On the other hand,when she does dishes she won't wipe off the table,stove or countertops.

All the rest,no way I can remember so many names,have a wonderful day.I have my first appointment with pain management Dr this am,hopefully can help me with my constant pain.

Hugs,
    Lisa
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 2,728
    edited April 2007
    Lisa: Good morning sunshine sister! Im looking for Vickie and Madison too. Good luck with the pain management doctor. Im sure you are gonna get some good results!

Love ya

Nicki
  • jankay
    jankay Member Posts: 789
    edited April 2007
    shel this is a email i got from a friend
    I think it is very appropriate t o u jankay
    One Flaw In Women

By the time the Lord made woman,
    He was into his sixth day of working overtime..
    An angel appeared and said,

'Why are you spending so much time on this one?'
    And the Lord answered, 'Have you seen my spec sheet on her?
    She has to be completely washable, but not plastic,
    have over 200 movable parts, all replaceable
    and able to run on diet coke and leftovers,

have a lap that can hold four children at one time,
    have a kiss that can cure anything from a scraped knee to a broken heart
    -and she will do everything
    with only two hands.'
    The angel was astounded at the requirements.
    'Only two hands!? No way!

And that's just on the standard model?
    That's too much work for one day.
    Wait until tomorrow to finish.'
    But I won't,' the Lord protested.
    'I am so close to finishing this creation that is so close to my own heart.
    She already heals herself when she is sick
    AND can work 18 hour days.'
    The angel moved closer and touched the woman.
    'But you have made her so soft, Lord.'
    'She is soft,' the Lord agreed,
    'but I have also made her tough.
    You have no idea what she can endure or accomplish.'
    'Will she be able to think?', asked the angel.

The Lord replied,

'Not only will she be able to think,
    she will be able to reason and negotiate.'
    The angel then noticed something,
    and reaching out, touched the woman's cheek.
    'Oops, it looks like you have a leak in this model.
    I told you that you were trying to put too much into this one.'
    'That's not a leak,'
    the Lord corrected,
    'that's a tear!'
    'What's the tear for?' the angel asked.

The Lord said, 'The tear is her way of expressing her joy,
    her sorrow, her pain, her disappointment, her love,
    her loneliness, her grief and her pride.'
    The angel was impressed.

'You are a genius, Lord.
    You thought of everything!
    Woman is truly amazing.'
    And she is!
    Women have strengths that amaze men.
    They bear hardships and they carry burdens,
    but they hold happiness,
    love and joy.
    They smile when they want to scream.
    They sing when they want to cry.
    They cry when they are happy
    and laugh when they are nervous.
    They fight for what they believe in.
    They stand up to injustice.
    They don't take 'no' for an answer
    when they believe there is a better solution.
    They go without so their family can have.
    They go to the doctor with a frightened friend.
    They love unconditionally.
    They cry when their children excel
    and cheer when their friends get awards.
    They are happy when they hear about
    a birth or a wedding.
    Their hearts break when a friend dies.
    They grieve at the loss of a family member,
    yet they are strong when they think there is no strength left.
    They know that a hug and a kiss
    can heal a broken heart.
    Women come in all shapes, sizes and colors.
    They'll drive, fly, walk, run or e-mail you
    to show how much they care about you.
    The heart of a woman is what makes the world keep turning.
    They bring joy, hope and love.
    They have compassion and ideals.
    They give moral support to their family and friends.
    Women have vital things to say and everything to give.

HOWEVER, IF THERE IS ONE FLAW IN WOMEN,
    IT IS THAT THEY FORGET THEIR WORTH.
    PLEASE pass this along to all your women friends and relatives
    To remind them just how amazing they are

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • beth1225
    beth1225 Member Posts: 402
    edited April 2007
    Morning all! DH is filling in today and Thursday on the 6-3 shift so I had to be up early.

Lisa, dh goes to pain management for his degenerative disk disease in his neck. We go this afternoon to get the 2nd of 3 injections. They usually work for about 6 months so at least he can function. I know they will be able to help you too. There are so many more alternatives these days.

Nicki, bronchitis! You never know about what a cough or sneeze will do. What are they going to do for it? is there anything to do for broken ribs?

Cheri, goo dluck this morning.

Vickie, thanks for the help last night. I thought i was doing the stitch wrong since my wrist was twisted funny. It does look nice as a border though. I will post the finished project on the craft thread. I hope there is left over enough to make at least one square! Only keeping one kitty, huh? They are soooo cute.

Jankay, I will try to find out the name of the manufacturer of the devices mom has on her walker and such. I know that the piece she uses to help get out of the car is terrific. BTW, think I can just train my ds to clean up, I will cook, but someone else needs to get the dishes done.

Shirley, prayers, hugs and cyberwarmth out to you and dh. I thoguht when I got out of the seat after dh's knee surgery, I would need surgery! Keep us posted. Maybe I will see you in chat.

Tracey, have you recovered from your birthday yet, LOL?

Puppy, I know, I didn't call like I said. After dinner, I fell alseep until about 8 and thought it might be too late.
    Love you my "racy" sister!

Shokk, everyone at Sunrise thinks my mom is a prude. Then she zaps them with one of my jokes and their mouths drop. The care managers love to tell me about my mom's antics.

I know I missed a lot of you..it is never intentional. But you are never far from my heart and thoughts. Love to all and have a great day!
  • purplemb
    purplemb Member Posts: 593
    edited April 2007
    good morning....

wow we are sure a talkitive group...I have a hard time keeping up....

Nicki, so glad you feel the love, as with everyone who has received a quilt or afagan....just know how much we care...

Shel...you are not in loserville, you are a kind generous woman...don't let anyone tell you differently....keep your head up and never give up on others, compassion is a great gift that you share, and with that gift you can be hurt...but you are strong and can move on...peace to your heart...(come on to pinkstock)

Tina, Lynn glad you keep popping in we love to hear from you...

Cheri....hugs...put your feet up and relax...

Sheri...gl;ad you had a good day with your son...keep up the good work, but remember to take time for you...

amy, was thinking of you as we took down the stings of lights, withthe back hoe of course, wowo why didn't we think of that before...lol...and we planted 140 trees with a post hole digger, hmmm why did we wait so long to get the cool toy...may have to give lessons at pinkstock...lol

Ok to all I have missed please know you are in my thoughts and prayers but at work can't take notes...lol...think the boss may have a fit...

hugs and smooches...MB
  • Madison
    edited April 2007
    Good Morning All,

Oh my, the website was very slow this morning...could not log on....
    Hugs to all, Be back later.
    Madison