Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

TIME TO CIRCLE THE WAGONS GIRLS

Comments

• shokk
    shokk Member Posts: 790
    edited May 2007

ok I'm back......Suz,Alwayshope, Denise, Tracey, DebC, Liz,Lisa, LisaE,Marsha, Z, Karen (love CO),Puppy, Shel (if Shel is nervous about dating and is so pretty and young I ain't got a freaking chance),Odalys (great pic) Margaret, Theresa, Sheri......oh and ((((((Cheri and Amber))))))))in my prayers.....Vickie did you notice Cheri defending your honor in that other thread?????so cute..........(((((Jankay))))) and Jule........I know I have left some cg's out.....sorry......I love all of you.......I thank God everyday that this circle of true friends is truely the place that I feel the safest.......I will check back in ah little later.....Vickie see you later alligator.....

• PuppyFive
    PuppyFive Member Posts: 539
    edited May 2007

I thought I would stop by and tell you all my thoughts and prayers are with you All!! still in the I Hate Cancer mood!
    Puppy
  • zazette15
    zazette15 Member Posts: 223
    edited May 2007

Good Morning CG's!! ((((((((((((Alwayshope, Amy, Beth, Betty, NS, Susan, Cheri, christinek, Tracey, Lorene, Colleen, CY, Deb, Deb C, Denise, Jan, Jeannie, Jankay, Odlays, Karen1956, Laura, lisa, lisaelder1972, Liz, lizws1, Marsha, Mena, Nicki, Pam, PeanutsGirl, MargaretB, Brenda, Madison, Puppy, Marshakb, SoCalLisa, Raye,Jeannie, Robin, Beth, Shel, Sherloc, Sherndon, Jule, Shirley, Shokk, Sue, Susan, Tracey, Vickie, Joyce, Mizsissy, Colleen, Newter, Tricia, Sheri))))))))))), sorry if I forgot anyone, it's not intentional, I try to update my list regularly, but sometimes I can't keep up, we grow quickly.

I hope you are all well and if today has started a bit on the rough side for you like mine did(my iron caught fire this morn)then reach your arms out so I can give you a big hug.

Today I am officially 40! image

I am still trying to get everything ready for the birthday party tomorrow. The bash is for me and my son who turns 14 on Sunday and combined we will have a whole lotta folks there. But I am excited - because I have not seen some of these folks since before the bc.

You all are invited of course, how cool would that be! If anyone is in Southern California, stop by, pm me and I will get you the information, the more the merrier!!

Take care, you are all in my thoughts through this day and
  • zazette15
    edited May 2007
    Puppy, I am with you, I just hate what it does to so many beautiful women. image
    Feel better beauty! Reachin' out my arms.
  • newvickie
    newvickie Member Posts: 2,941
    edited May 2007
    Hey Z

Hope its a great one!!! See you in the party thread later!!
    Hugs and love
    Vickie
  • sherloc
    sherloc Member Posts: 893
    edited May 2007
    hi girls. a happy drive by friday. we're at a diner outside of seattle. Beth seems like I will have some updated reading to do when I get back.
    Love you all to bits. see you in about a week
  • sherloc
    sherloc Member Posts: 893
    edited May 2007

well never mind. hubby wants to go get the car washed so I get to sit here for a bit.

• socallisa
    socallisa Member Posts: 10,184
    edited May 2007
    Love it sherloc..your laptop is attached to your hip??
    Just got in from playing tennis..be back later
    Happy Birthday zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• newvickie
    edited May 2007
    Hey Shirley...I missed my ride! Wait for me!!! I will still fit in your suitcase right?
    Seriously though...hope your having a wonderful time and we're saving your wagon spot.
    Love and hugs
    Vickie
  • jpann39
    jpann39 Member Posts: 92
    edited May 2007
    Ok ladies,
    I just made myself feel like I was smacked on the head!!!!!!
    I sent each of you that replied to my wanting to help CY a pm with my plans, but I forgot to put my address in it for the 2nd plan of attack!!!! so you will all be recieving another pm from me with that information...sorry ....
    Thank you all for helping
    Hugs
    Jule
  • beth1225
    beth1225 Member Posts: 402
    edited May 2007
    Jule, so, you do not have chemo brain right? Not any reason related to cancer that made you forget right? Now I don't feel so bad, hehehe! I get to blame mistakes right now on the percoset still. That is why I am not cooking!

Well, Happy Happy Birthday Z!!!!! I remember 40, and it was a great birthday. Have a super time. My birthday is 8 days after my mom's and we soemtimes celebrate together too. Its fun that way for everyone.

Shirley and Jeannie have a great time you guys. I know you don't have room for my big butt in a suitcase but surely skinny Vickie could fit.

Vickie, sure sounds like you need a break too. Well, there is always the party thread later, right?

Cheri, good luck today and I am saying prayers everything turns out right. Adding you to the M'shebeirach list too.

Christine, I share in those tears everytime. The older I get, the more funerals I seem to go to.

I know I missed a bunch of you but then again, see above about the percosets, hehe I think about all of you and wish only the best for all of us.

Well, I thoguht I was gettign the drains out of the right side. Nope! DH had to get the 3rd of 3 steroid injections in his neck this AM at the surgi-center. They were running late and I called th eps office to tell them and the nurse said to just come over when he was done. Next thing I know out comes the ps. His surgeries for the day were also at the surgi-center and the office manager called him and said I was stil there. As a matter of fact he passed dh in the pre-op area! So he took a look and was pleased at how I was healing. But, since the right was still over 30 cc's and the right was the ne with the necrotic tissue removed, he said to leave them for the weekend and see how they are doing. Better to leave them to be safe. I agreed and we went home after instead. I see him Wednesday for another follow-up anyway.

I have quite a few responses to the surprise for Mena while Jule does the one for CY. So just pm or email me and I will fill you in. Thanks so much, she needs us really bad right now.
  • newvickie
    edited May 2007
    Howdy ladies,
    Just poppin in to see if there is any Cheri news. None that I see yet.
    Amber...I will be leaving work at 3 but will turn my instant messenger on at home...I may be outside but you can IM me anyway and Nathaniel will come get me. Hugs to you...all will be well.
    Beth...I so need a vacation! Actually working is probably good right now...If I were sitting around doing nothing I'd want a cigarette LOL.
    Shokk...oh I could so use a hug from that DD of mine and I know she could use one from me right about now...this is sooo hard...in a while crocodile.
    love to all
    Vickie
  • PuppyFive
    edited May 2007
    {{{CHEI AMORE}}} I am sending this for ED!
    HEHEHE Puppy
  • AlaskaDeb
    AlaskaDeb Member Posts: 1,159
    edited May 2007
    Do any of you know anything about Neuroblastoma cancer?

My Sister-in-law’s best friend’s 2-year-old son was Dx yesterday and SIL is in panic mode. The baby has a tumor in his abdomen that is the size of a softball. They are testing to see if it is also in his bone marrow, which I guess is where mets ends up with this type of cancer. I found a couple of web sites, but this sounds rare and NOT good. I wish I knew someone with first-hand experience that might be able to talk to them….

Two years old….I just hate this shit.

Deb C
  • socallisa
    edited May 2007
  • PuppyFive
    edited May 2007
    {{{{VICKIE}}}}

XOXO Puppy
  • socallisa
    edited May 2007

oops deb..we posted at the same time..didn't mean to make light of poor two year old..

• jasmine
    jasmine Member Posts: 773
    edited May 2008
    www.neuroblastomacancer.org
    This site has a messageboard for family support.
  • zazette15
    edited May 2007
  • marshakb
    marshakb Member Posts: 796
    edited May 2007

Oh Deb....that just makes my heart hurt. Big hugs for you, your family and her friend. Marsha

• zazette15
    edited May 2007
    Deb - I went to the site that AlwaysHope linked and here is what they say:

What is neuroblastoma?

Neuroblastoma is a children’s cancer diagnosed in approximately 500 to 1,000 children per year in the USA. Neuroblastoma is a complex tumor of the sympathetic nervous system, a condition that has been known for 35 years. Its frequency is second only to brain tumors and it is seldom seen in children over 14 years old.

The median age for tumor discovery is two years, and it occurs somewhat more in boys than girls. Like most cancers, its cause is unknown. It is extremely difficult to diagnose in small children, and once diagnosed, its progression is often rapid, and very painful. Although neuroblastoma accounts for only 8% of all cancers, it is responsible for over 15% of the deaths.

The disease is diagnosed from stage I (a localized tumor confined to one organ or area of organ) to stage IV (solid tumors that have spread to several organs or parts of the body). Depending on the stage of the disease, treatment may be limited to tumor removal surgery, or may be as extensive as tumor removal surgery combined with chemotherapy, radiation, and bone marrow transplants.

In most cases, children with neuroblastoma are not diagnosed until Stage IV, when, until recently, long-term survival rates stood at a dismal 20% or less. However, encouraging developments in treatment and research are helping children to be diagnosed earlier, and to have increased chances of survival.

Tons of love to the baby!
  • shokk
    shokk Member Posts: 790
    edited May 2007

Good afternoon sweet sisters.........yes Lisa TGIF........Deb I do not know about this kind of cancer.....I just hate cancer when it picks on kids.......Oh Vickie I bet Sarah could use a big hug from her mom.......Is Sherloc still hanging around.....I thought she was already shooting those "duck farts"......I sure hope we get to see pics when the cg's get back from Alaska........Well tonight I am going to mow and edge.....oh I almost forgot......Tracey and Shel I just wanted to thank ya'll for sending the Canadian cold front down here to Texas.....the last few days have been some of the best days we have had in a while.......cool and windy.....the best.......well gals I am thinking about starting a compose pile......I really want to plant some vegatables and I am thinking I am going to go organic......I am not anykind of tree hugger even though I do love trees.....but I really need to pick up a hobby so will let ya'll know.....Something else I really do admire all the projects everyone does here on the boards....just so ya'll know projects come to my house to die.......remember I volenteer to help with the band try outs......managed to screw that up.....when my daughter comes home this summer she has promise to knit some squares.....she knits all the time.......started a knitting club at her high school and now she has started one at her college.....she is going to be taking a class and working full time but she will at least do some knitting.......if she doesn't have time then maybe she can help me get started.......ok I will try and check back in this weekend.......one thing I am doing is cleaning if it is the last thing I do....(I am holding my right hand up in the air and my left is on the keyboard.....as the cg's are my witnesses I will clean my house this weekend)......love to all.....Amber check in when you can......Hey Vickie see ya later gator.......

• cmb35
    cmb35 Member Posts: 554
    edited May 2007
    Oh Deb, will it ever end? It sounds like folks have already found some info for you, praying that he is one of the lucky ones and they found it early. I just don't even know what to say.

Love and prayers to the sweet little one, and to all of us who have to deal with this every day.
  • lv2cmp
    lv2cmp Member Posts: 899
    edited May 2007
    Afternoon ladies,

Didnt post yesterday as I was away all day at a safety meeting. Tucker had 2 ballgames last night and it was after 10pm when we got home. I also have a sick pupster, peanut, so we are up with her giving her fluids and meds all the time. Just hoping she pulls through it.

Cy-so sorry to hear your news but loved your statement about cryng and then fighting tomorrow. I did the same thing and then I got up, dusted myself off and brought out the big guns. You will do the same. I have confidence in you.

Z-happy birthday! Woohoo 4-0! I have that one in Dec. I'm not exactly close to you so wont be dropping in. I do have the southern part just not the California part.

Shokk-thanks for missing me! I am enjoying this cool front also from the canada girls and I figure DebC had something to do with it also. I sure wish it would stay.

Vickie-you go girl and the non smoking. Proud of you! Nate has to be proud also. You can do it.

Amber/Cheri-hoping things are going well there. Cant wait for an update. If she tries to not wake up from the anesthesia I will send Mazer to breathe on her neck. Cheri cant resist that. She's wild over my ass.

Deb-sorry you are seeing more cancer. Hugs to you and to that family.

Shirley-have fun and dont forget a couple of duck farts for me.

MB-where are you? I know you dont post on Fridays but I dont think I saw one from you when I read yesterdays. When you miss a day it is hard to keep up though.

Lisa-glad you enjoyed your day of playing tennis.

BikerJan-sorry you are working so hard hear lately. Maybe you need a duck fart also.

Nicki-I filled up my truck yesterday and I was on E but it was 72.00! Crazy I tell ya just crazy but at least I had to money to fill up. (gotta appreciate the little things)

Sherndon-I can understand you having a moment but we all love you. You have alot going on with your daughter coming home and school ending for the summer. Dont forget to have you time.

Christine-I have those days too but honey, not take effexor for 2 days will not only make it rough on you but for those around you. Been there done that and my SO didnt kill me either even though I know I deserved it.

Jules and Beth-thanks for the pm back. I am on it.

Madison-wow you get the title of official cliffnoter. Thats pretty dang good there missy. Missed you while you were gone.

Suz-have fun at Notre Dame at the graduation. I bet those medals you have are something else. Thats really awesome.

Karen in Denver-hmm had something I was going to say but totally blank so I am sure it will come to me later on.

Jankay-glad you are able to get your MRI and hopefully some answers.

Robin-its about time for you to check back in with us.

Gotta run for a second but I will be back.

Amy
  • suzfive
    suzfive Member Posts: 126
    edited May 2007
    Deb,

Storming heaven for that baby. Praying that it is a "good" histologic type and responds to treatment. NB is a really nasty cancer unfortunately. They all are really but this one is particularly nasty. Where is the family located? Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is a good place - Dr. Maris works with lots of kids with NB.

Hugs to you and the baby,
    Suz
  • AlaskaDeb
    AlaskaDeb Member Posts: 1,159
    edited May 2007
    Thanks for the info and prayers everyone. I almost don't want to look at any more info because it looks grim...

Lisa, don't worry about where you posted...I needed a smile

The baby is at a good hospital in Grand Rapids MI, so they have lots of options near by for a 2nd opinion. Right now they are just trying to stage him. They know he will need chemo and put the port in when they had him under for a bone marrow extraction. This just makes me heart-sick...

Hugs ladies...you are all the best
    Deb C
  • zazette15
    edited May 2007
    Anybody hear from Jankay? She had her MRI this morning.

Sunshinelite how are you?
  • Biker54
    Biker54 Member Posts: 1,042
    edited May 2007
    Deb, what awful news about the 2 yr. old. This shit totally sucks!!!!! I HATE CANCER!!! I also think you are right about post traumatic stress disorder. Not much is more traumatic than a cancer dx.

Christine, don't feel bad about being down. I was just telling my DH that I feel like this sucky disease is always right behind me, waiting to jump on me again. I have crying jags myself and I just let myself get through them. Don't stop your Effexor. That could be a major part of the problem. Feel better girlfriend. Maybe you just need a Duck Fart .

I need a Duck Fart!

Shokk, boy, aren't you the ambitious one. Starting a compost pile and a veggie garden? That's quite a lot of work. I can have a garden because the deer and the groundhogs would eat the whole thing. I don't have a dog, like Amy does, to chase them away.

Amy, poor little peanut! I hope he gets better soon. I am home from work right now. Yay!!! I didn't have to mow the lawn either, since my wonderful DH came home early yesterday and did it! I do think it's a good idea to send Mazer to visit Cheri. She really does love his breath on her neck!!

CY, big hugs to you. You have the best attitude. I know you can beat this again! I did the same as you. I cried for the first day and never looked back. Ya gotta come out fighting!!

Nicki, I'm not going to take any statins for my cholesterol. My DH got a horrible reaction from Lipitor. He has permanent muscle and joint pain from it. I am so stiff and sore from AIs, I just can't chance any more damage. I am taking red yeast rice capsules. That brought DH's level down about 30 points. We shall see.....

Vickie, keep up the good work. You ARE a non-smoker.

I check back a little later. Amber, we are waiting for an update on your mom. I hope everything went well for her.
  • Biker54
    Biker54 Member Posts: 1,042
    edited May 2007
    This hug is for all our sisters who need one today!

And just some silliness

• Madison
    Madison Member Posts: 859
    edited May 2007
    Deb, I think St. Jude Children's Hospital is probably one of the best Children's cancer hospitals in the world.

Prayers are going out for this precious child and family.