Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

TIME TO CIRCLE THE WAGONS GIRLS

Comments

• newvickie
    newvickie Member Posts: 2,941
    edited May 2007
    Puppy YOU DO NOT HAVE CANCER AGAIN! It will be ok because you have all of us to take care of you! Have faith. I am praying for good results and no cancer.
    gotta shut down for a bit...looks like a storm.
    hugs and love
    Vickie
  • Madison
    Madison Member Posts: 859
    edited May 2007
    Hi, Hi,

Logged on early this morning, was trying to post and respond to everyone but DH was talking and talking...so....didn't get to finish anything.
    Anyhow....DH is sick, running fever..you know how the story goes from here!!!

Hugs to all....will post pics of 2 new afghans later this evening...hope to be back later.....

{{{Puppy}}}
  • jasmine
    jasmine Member Posts: 773
    edited May 2008
    Vickie -- you got storms moving in or did you forget to pay the light bill???
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 2,728
    edited May 2007
    LisaSoCal: It does look like the confused couch!

Madison: Oh I have been there. Husband talking so I cant read or post what I want.

Nicki
  • Odalys
    Odalys Member Posts: 929
    edited May 2007
    Hi ladies - I'm also feeling like a part-timer here. It's impossible to keep up with everyone but you are all in my hearts and prayers.

As I was trying to catch up, I did notice this week was full of bad news for some of our sisters. No one deserves this hideous disease. Man what is it with this week? I too have some sad news to share. My boss (who is also a good friend of mine) has been fighting this beast for over 3 years. She had her reconstruction surgery in January and soon after surgery developed respiratory problems and ended up in ICU. It was there they discovered she had mets to the lungs. She recovered and completed over 25 weekly chemo treatments. She was very excited to finish her second go of chemo but just this week they discovered she has mets to he brain. She has taken a leave from work and thinks she will return after completing rads. However, the rumor is she won't be able to continue doing her job. Just yesterday morning one of the VP's called me and wants to speak with me first thing Monday morning...not sure why but I'm not looking forward to that meeting.

Anyway, I just spoke with my friend Liz and I had to refrain from crying because she kept saying she does not know what happened because she was doing so well. It sadness me to see her so fragile.

Crap! Crap! Crap! I hate this hideous disease. For the love of God...I hope they find a cure fast!!!!! I don't want to loose another loved one to cancer! I'm going to keep praying for her and for all of us.

Ladies please, can we put her in the middle of the circle and say a special prayer for her? Her name is Liz. Sorry for pouring my heart on here but I know you all understand.

Love,
  • jasmine
    edited May 2008
    Odalys -- It does seem to be such a sad week. I'm sorry to hear about your boss and friend. We can certainly put her in the middle of the circle.
  • SheriH
    SheriH Member Posts: 472
    edited May 2007

I'm so sorry Odalys to hear about Liz. She sounds like such a fighter--not ready to give up. I hope your meeting goes well on Monday, I'm sure you are worried what they will be telling or asking of you. I will lift up Liz and you!

• newvickie
    edited May 2007
    Oh Odalys... am so sorry. Sending you a hug and putting Liz in the middle of the circle for extra attention.

Alwayshope...HAHA...I actually remember to pay my electric bill this month! It's a wonder though as I have all I can do to keep track without writing everything down. Suposed to rain but haven't seen any yet. Heard some thunder off in the distance but so far so good!

geez it's quiet in here. Can someone call Robin and tell her that she needs to check in? I'll have the handcuffs ready to tie her up so she doesn't escape again.

Amber...how is mom doing?
    Gotta call DD and see hows she's holding up.
    I'll be back
    Love ya all
    Vickie
  • PuppyFive
    PuppyFive Member Posts: 539
    edited May 2007

and God Bless CGS!
    Odalys, my prayers are with Your Dear Friend and You!
    {{Vickie}} Please give {{Nathan}}A Big hug from Aunt Puppy, and have Nathan Give his Mommy a Big Strong hug
    From Puppy! Gods Speed To everyone!
  • [Deleted User]
    edited May 2007
    Odalys: Im very sorry to hear about your friend Liz. How can someone be feeling good one day and then be so frail the next.

Sounds like they are going to put an emergency plan togehter at work. Hoping it goes in your favor.

Sending you a big hug.

Nicki
  • ArmyNavyMom
    ArmyNavyMom Member Posts: 134
    edited May 2007
    Hi Ladies,

Just briefly checking in.

My Dad passed away late Thursday. I can't believe the Beast took him so quickly. 3 weeks from diagnosis. At least I can drink again, I hate funeral stuff.

Pray for me, this is so hard.

Anne
  • [Deleted User]
    edited May 2007
    Well I had a great day. Spent time pulling weeds, working in my garden and working on my favorite craft. Im tired now. So I will see ya in the moring.

Good night Vickie and Puppy!
  • SheriH
    SheriH Member Posts: 472
    edited May 2007

Sorry Anne, that is so quick. I am praying for you and your family.

• nosurrender
    nosurrender Member Posts: 737
    edited May 2007
    Anne, I am so sorry.
    My prayers are with you and your family now.
    It is so hard no matter what the circumstances--
    I wish I hug you for real- but here is a cyber one
    ((((ANNE))))

Love,
    g
  • cmb35
    cmb35 Member Posts: 554
    edited May 2007
    Anne - I'm so sorry about your dad, praying for you and your family.

Odalys - putting Liz in the middle of the circle

puppy - mine's on Wed, and I'm freaking out too - stay strong, you'll get the all clear, I just know it

Nicki - glad you had a good day, get a good night's sleep

Lorene - don't feel pressured!

Sheri - hey, how are you?

gotta run - have cookies in the oven (just the kind you bake off, that's as close as I get to baking!)

DebC - thinking about you lots!!
  • socallisa
    socallisa Member Posts: 10,184
    edited May 2007
    Anne..my thoughts are with you and your family..
    sending hugs all the way from Southern California...

• marshakb
    marshakb Member Posts: 796
    edited May 2007

Anne, I am so sorry to hear of the lost of your dad. My heart goes out to you and your family. Hugs to you, Marsha

• jankay
    jankay Member Posts: 789
    edited May 2007

I A M HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • marshakb
    marshakb Member Posts: 796
    edited May 2007

Odalys, I am praying for your friend Liz and you. I am so glad we all have each other to turn to. Dear sisters that understand. She's lucky to have you as a friend. Hugs, Marsha

• AlaskaDeb
    AlaskaDeb Member Posts: 1,159
    edited May 2007
    Anne-

I'm sending you a gentle hug.

Peace be with you
    Deb C
  • newvickie
    edited May 2007
    Dear sweet Anne...I am so very sorry. I know how much it hurts and how hard it is.
    Love and hugs
    Vickie
  • Biker54
    Biker54 Member Posts: 1,042
    edited May 2007
    Yay, JanKay!!! You are home at last! I'm just quickly checking in. DH is going to drag me downstairs to watch a movie, any minute!

Anne, I am so sorry your Dad died. All I can say is that, I've been there and done that, and it stinks!!! I am an official orphan now. It sucks. I can't ask anyone about anything anymore.

Odalys, I wrote something about Lisa, and now I can't remember. She is not doing well, yes??? I didn't take notes and I have the worst sieve brain ever .

Gotta go now. There are movies to watch and DH's heinies to pinch !

Love you all. Good night!
  • newvickie
    edited May 2007
    Jankay...
    Rest and recuperate. We missed you.
    Hugs and love
    Vickie
  • [Deleted User]
    edited May 2007
    Anne: Im sorry to hear about your dad. I will be thinking of you this week-end.

nicki
  • Boo46
    Boo46 Member Posts: 261
    edited May 2007
    Hi CG's,
    Wow am I out of the loop. Have worked the last 6 days and have not had much time to check in. Tried to read when I could.
    I know some of our sisters are having a rough time and my prayers are with all that are.
    Odalys - Praying for Liz. I hate this disease. It scares the crap out of me.
    Anne - I'm so sorry to hear of your dads death. I have lost both of my parents to cancer. It was many years ago but still hurts. My prayers are with you and your family.
    Colleen and Puppy - Wow I know how you feel! I had a breast MRI about 3 weeks ago. I was terrified. My report was all clear and yours will be too. Sending hugs.
    Jankay - Welcome home.
    Vickie - Good job!!! I'm proud of you. Cheri is a stinker isn't she.
    I'm doing ok. My mouth is finally starting to feel better after the perio surgery. My teeth are really sensitive to cold though. I have 1 tooth that he thinks I may lose. UGGHHH that just stinks.
    Tommorrow my son auditions for the Florida youth orchestra. He plays violin and pretty darn well. Sorry had to brag a bit.
    I'll try to catch up on what I missed. I'll try to post again later. Have to be a taxi for a group of teens now.
    Hugs to all,
    Sue
  • jankay
    jankay Member Posts: 789
    edited May 2007
    Ladies I am home

> DON'T FART IN BED
    >
    > If this story doesn't make you cry for laughing so hard, let me know
    >and I'll pray for you. This is a story about a couple who had been happily
    >married for years. The only friction in there marriage was the husband's
    >habit of farting loudly every morning when he awoke. The noise would wake
    >his wife and the smell would make her eyes water and make her gasp for
    air.

>Every morning she would plead with him to stop ripping them off because it
    >was making her sick. He told her he couldn't stop it and that it was
    >perfectly natural She told him to see a doctor; she was concerned that
    one

>day he would blow his guts out. The years went by and he continued to rip
    >them out! Then one Thanksgiving morning as she was preparing the turkey
    for

>dinner and he was upstairs sound asleep, she looked at the bowl where she
    >had put the turkey innards and neck, gizzard, liver and all the spare
    parts

>and a malicious thought came to her. She took the bowl and went upstairs
    >where her husband was sound asleep and, gently pulling back the bed
    covers,

>she pulled back the elastic waistband of his underpants and emptied the
    >bowl of turkey guts into his shorts. Some time later she heard her husband
    >waken with his usual trumpeting which was followed by a blood curdling
    >scream and the sound of frantic footsteps as he ran into the bathroom. The
    >wife could hardly control herself as she rolled on the floor laughing,
    >tears in her eyes! After years of torture she reckoned she had got him
    back

>pretty good. About twenty minutes later, her husband came downstairs in
    his

>blood stained underpan ts with a look of horror on his face. She bit her
    >lip as she asked him what was the matter. He said, "Honey, you were right.
    >All these years you have warned me and I didn't listen to you." "What do
    >you mean?" asked his wife. "Well, you always told me that one day I would
    >end up farting my guts out, and today it finally happened. But by the
    grace

>of God, some Vaseline, and two fingers, I think I got most of it back in
    >

lizws Member Posts: 789
    edited May 2007
    Anne, I'm so sorry. Hugs

• jasmine
    edited May 2008

Anne -- I'm so sorry to hear about your father.

• Madison
    Madison Member Posts: 859
    edited May 2007
    Odalys, my prayers are with Liz and you.

Anne, sending prayers and hugs your way also.

If our tears could wash this beast away....then it would be GONE because I know each and every one of us has shed many, many tears....tears for our friends, love ones, ourselves....

Madison
  • b445
    b445 Member Posts: 980
    edited May 2007
    Anne, I'm so sorry to hear your news. I'm praying for you and family

Odalys, praying for your friend too!

Amber, you tell your Mom that this pain shall pass and in no time she will be dancing with you and the kids! And most important she is NOT to put any weight on that foot until the Dr. OK's it!

Tired and hurting so am going to throw some logs on the fires and wish Z a Happy Birthday!