Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

TIME TO CIRCLE THE WAGONS GIRLS

Comments

• shokk
    shokk Member Posts: 790
    edited May 2007

Ok now Tuesday morning I knew we were having a rep from the ins. co. that we represent come in for a couple of days for some training.....installing new software...etc...anyway this ins. co does this every yr and for the last couple of yrs this really nice girl has been here and last year I missed her because she was here on the day I was having chemo.....anyway this yr this gorgeous man walks into the office......I swear as God is my witness he looked like JFK except with dark hair.....that Boston Ivey Leaque look just like he has stepped off the pages of GQ.......the girl has been promoted and he has replaced her......ok now girls I am not around men very often.....my coworker is female......he wasn't here for thirty minutes before I start have hot flash after hot flash......I know it was my nerves (don't have hormones anymore) but I got so wet (hair and underarms and face)it looked just like I had step out of the shower....(I hear snickering out there)....I know what ya'll were thinking when I said that.......anyway I was so embarrassed.......it really did become comical.....my coworker who is single, big boobs, and long blonde hair.....could not stop laughing.....he just left this morning and I swear I have lost three pints of water........I must be five pounds lighter then I was on Tuesday morning.....geez..........I came in this morning and turned the air down to 55 degrees......I still was have hot flashes and my coworker was wearing a coat...I told her yesterday to bring a jacket.....even Mr. GQ made a comment about how cold it was in the office....I feel like a complete fool........I hate this freaking cancer.......ok.....he's gone and I haven't had a hot flash since........geez......my coworker is giggling right now because she knows I am in here telling ya'll my poor pitty little story.......I really need a drink.........ok gals will check in later......hey Vickie love ya.....see ya later alligator............

• jankay
    jankay Member Posts: 789
    edited May 2007
    Ladies THANK YOU for my afghan It is so pretty.
    I was so surprised. the meatloaf and potatoes were delicious and for lunch today i fixed potato cakes.
    Supper tonight will be tomato soup and blt
    hungry anyone?
  • marshakb
    marshakb Member Posts: 796
    edited May 2007

Ohhhhh Jankay you got an afghan.....that's so great! You can use it in the winter draped around your shoulders as you scooter up the highways! Can someone post a pix of Jankay's afghan? Marsha

• lv2cmp
    lv2cmp Member Posts: 899
    edited May 2007
    Oh my gosh Shokk, I am dying laughing at your story. LMAO!! That is just too funny and yes I will admit that wet like from the shower is not what I thought. You are just too funny girl. No wonder you werent posting on here, you were too busy drooling around your office after mr GQ. I see where we stand now! LOL. Shokk honey, what have you been doing on your knees to make your knee caps hurt?

Vickie-it must be a bad prosthesis day. Heck I never wear mine but I wore a white shirt today and I felt I needed to throw on the fake stuff. Well you guessed it, I have spent all day long tugging and pulling and cant wait to leave this afternoon and they are coming off in the truck.

BikerJan-I love a good bloody mary-nice and spicy with celery seed on top. Hmm, might have to pick up some of that for the weekend. You are such a bad influence on me.

Amy
  • Biker54
    Biker54 Member Posts: 1,042
    edited May 2007
    Yay, JanKay! You got an afgan! Snuggle in and love it.

Amy, I'm sneakin' in behind you again!!! . Hmmmm, celery seed on top of a Bloody Mary?? Never heard of that but I'm gonna try it!

Shokk, that was TOO funny. I always get hot flashes around good lookin' menfolk. Every time I get the least little bit upset (good or bad), there it is . Not that our minds are in the gutter or anything, but why do your knees hurt? Amy and I want to know. Heehee!

Alright!! Now I am ready to round up the posse to find Robin. Robin, please check in!!!!
  • lv2cmp
    edited May 2007
    Yep celery seed is great sprinkled on top. do you use a mix or make your own? I make my own cause I just never found a mix that I love.

Amy
  • Madison
    Madison Member Posts: 859
    edited May 2007
    Hi, Hi,

Jankay, glad you received the afghan....great big hugs to you.
    Nicki, you have me worried....are you okay?
    NS, hugs to you
    Shokk.....yea we missed you.

I am in between glasses of wine.....went to DD's law school graduation (yep, I cried)....took her and my parents out to eat.....going back downstairs to visit.
    be back later....

Amy, I may have to try those celery seeds sprinkled on top!!
  • lizws
    lizws Member Posts: 789
    edited May 2007
    Hi girls, a quick fly by. Beautiful new babies! Congrats girls.

Jankay glad you received an afghan.

Gina - gentle hugs my friend. Let me know what the MUGA results are.

Oh heck, my memory is shot. Hugs, thoughts and prayers to you all.

Oh yes, Miss Nicki! - medical people are so bad. I sure hope you report that you sought medical attention for your problems earlier stated. My dad kept saying he had "indigestion" and I ended up performing CPR on him while waiting for the ambulance to arrive. That is honestly the worst day of my life other than his funeral 4 months later. Please, please have this checked out.

Okay off to get estimates on my mom's roof.

Hugs
    Liz
  • zazette15
    zazette15 Member Posts: 223
    edited May 2007
    Hello my CG friends:
    I have had a rough week, just cannot seem to get caught up and work sucks right now - Bad Negotiations - when I get home I am so tired that it takes all I can muster to get in bed and chill out, I fall asleep and next thing I know I'm asleep. I've missed some season finales that I was looking forward to.

Anyway, I am going away this weekend to Arizona for the holiday to visit SIL. I'm looking forward to it because this means I don't have to cook or clean or anything like that, that's what room service is for. I really need some down time. I think if it were not for the Prozac I would be tied up in a pretty strappy white jacket. The month of May is always like this for me, but this year, after all the bc stuff, it's been a little more difficult to keep up with all of it and June isn't looking too good either with my sons graduation and his basketball league starting and just trying to keep him entertained and busy for the summer break. But I will survive.

I've read and tried to keep up with the posts, but man, I'm not the only one with a busy life. It looks like everyone has tons of stuff going on to.

Jankay: You got an afghan, you got an afghan - you must be special - of course you are - actually, you are spectacular.
    Sheri: How did the onc visit go?
    Beth: How was your dr. visit?
    Marsha: You are beautiful! Yea, last chemo. What a smile girl!
    Amy: Good luck to you at dr. on friday
    Nicki: Please go to the dr. Get checked out, sure it's probably nothing serious, but don't put it off.
    Cy/Lisa: BEAUTIFUL babies!! Congrats
    Susan/Cheri: Thanks for the update on Cheri, Susan and when you talk to her again, tell her that I am thinking of her and sending peaceful energy her way.
    Anne: Glad you checked in. Boy, sweetie, it's been rough for you, but you are never alone, we are here for ya. Peace will find you.
    Shokk: You are a hoot and a half!! I am so happy to see you posting, you make me smile when I want to scream and you are such a delight. Yea, you are back!!
    Madison: Congrats on daughter graduation!
    Gina: Feel better,honey! Reach out your arms...

To all of you:(((((((Alwayshope, Betty, christinek, Tracey, Lorene, Colleen, Deb, Deb C, Denise, Jan, Jeannie, Odlays, Karen1956, Laura, lisaelder1972, Liz, lizws1, Mena, Pam, PeanutsGirl, MargaretB, Brenda, Puppy, Marshakb, SoCalLisa, Raye,Jeannie, Robin, Beth, Shel, Sherloc, Sherndon, Jule, Shirley, Sue, Susan, Tracey, Vickie, Joyce, Mizsissy, Colleen, Newter, Tricia, Adrionna, Gus, Tina, TGirl))))))) You are with me through this day and everyday.

Can you tell I cannot wait until friday? I will check in later - have a great day, beauties.
  • rondab
    rondab Member Posts: 87
    edited May 2007
    No way in the world I can catch up on all the posts!!!
    Good to see same familiar faces still here, Deb, Vicki, Susan, etc. Sure looks like a lot of new ones though too.
    I'm ok - just been busy-busy-busy! I made it through another tax season - it's much easier to do when you aren't taking chemo like I was last year!

I don't spend a lot of time on the computer these days. Our dial up at home is so slow, and hasn't been very reliable lately. So I try to check things at work when I can.

Daughter Danielle graduated from Pittsburg State University this past Friday. She majored in Criminal Justice, minors in Sociology & Political Science. We're pretty proud of her - she managed this in 3 years, won't even be 21 until July! And a 3.6 GPA to boot! She'll be going to graduate school this fall at the A&M campus at Texarkana.

Things are going well, all scans, etc. have been clear so far! And I'm still cooking! Will be heading out tomorrow for a weekend of camping and cooking assuming it doesn't rain too much.

I'll try to catch up more later. Hope everyone is doing ok, hanging in there! Everyone have a great weekend!
    Ronda - PS - for the bloody mary girls - www.benjacklaredo.com - they've got a good mix! Makes good red beer too!
  • zazette15
    edited May 2007

Congrats Rondab on your daughter graduating! Have a great time on your camping trip.

• lv2cmp
    edited May 2007
    Congrats Rondab on the graduation. You deserve to be the proud mother. Have fun camping and you know its not fair to drop in here and tell us about too much rain when some of us are in a major draught. I swear my veggies in my garden are going to be worth millions by the time I pay the water bill.

Amy
  • zazette15
    edited May 2007

Hey Biker, will you have tequila? I love tequila, Patron Silver! I need some right now. Can I go too! I promise not to bring shame upon the CG's, no pictures though, no evidence. Have a good time.

• shokk
    shokk Member Posts: 790
    edited May 2007

Rondab congrats........give daughter big kiss from the cg's....now let me say..........ewwwwwwwwww....you girls are sooooooo bad...........................Amy you are leading the charge.........my face is turning red and its not a hot flash.......I'm just blushing.................anyway we are having a bad storm....getting ready to unplug the computer...(Amy stop that)........really unplugging the actual computer...will check back in later alligators....Vickie that means you.......

• jankay
    edited May 2007

I emailed a picture of my afgan to Vicky and Liz couldn't get it to copy and paste here

• lv2cmp
    edited May 2007
    Shokk,

At least I admitted my thoughts. You know they make battery ones of those and you wouldnt have to unplug,,oh yeah, you said computer didnt you?!?

Amy
  • Madison
    edited May 2007
    jankay, I have a picture of your afghan (but only of the afghan)..do you want me to post the picture...or did you take a picture of you and the afghan together...would you like try to e-mail me your pictures...I am home...so let me know and I will PM you my e-mail address.
    Madison
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 2,728
    edited May 2007

Good Evening Everyone: Well first of all I want you all to know I am ok. Im sorry if I scared you, but I was pretty scared myself. I have had angina before and thats what I had this morning. Took my morning medication earlier than usual which include Imdur and I didnt have any more pain the rest of the day. Did I go to the doctor? No! But I would have if the pain came back.

I know the routine. Would have ended up in the hospital, which is just what I need. Another bill. Then there will be the cardiolyte stress tests and all that stuff. If the pain came back I would have gone to my doctor, but I cant help but think this is all related to just being sick with a cold and pretending Im not.

I didnt tell anyone but you guys, and to be honest Im sorry I told you all. I want to come here to help people. Get through the difficult times with bc. And here I am whining about being sick. Im so tired of being sick. I can pretend all I want that Im moving on, but Im not. Im not so happy tonight.

OK! I took notes but its dinner time and I have to go. I will catch up with ya all in the morning.

Nicki
  • lizws
    edited May 2007

Jankay and her afghan!

Well Nicki????????
  • jankay
    edited May 2007

THANK U LIZ

• lizws
    edited May 2007
    You're welcome Jan! Great pic by the way.

Hugs
  • zazette15
    edited May 2007

Jankay, how lovely you look! The afghan is just beautiful, like you. Hope it keeps you warm and toasty.

• lizws
    edited May 2007
    Nicki - you know you can say anything here to us. We love you. You are such a huge help to us. Glad things are okay with you.

Hugs
    Liz
  • marshakb
    marshakb Member Posts: 796
    edited May 2007

Jankay I love it, it's so colorful and fun, just like you! Marsha

• PuppyFive
    PuppyFive Member Posts: 539
    edited May 2007
    Hey CGS, I got my results SCAR TISSUE YEAAAAAAAA!!!!
    I do have a problem with the brain though(Nicki dont even go there LOL) I will get a mri. wed. at 11 am. they are going to do the brain stem also, had preasure show up in my EYE, so that tells them i have trouble with somthing in there!! I said HELL, thats the Lexapro working making me a new brain!!!! I have not read all the posts, but did look through some, and I am so Happy Our little Miss Sunshine got her Loveghan, You are Beautiful JK!! Marsha You are so
    Pretty, you could be a model!!!! NS, hang in there girlfriend, It Breaks My heart, But I know You cand do It.
    NICKI, who LOVES YA BABY, WE DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    JAN, Hell Yes, and Ride sweetheart RIDE!!!!!
    I am going to get off now, we are going camping and i refuse to let this shit worry me anymore!!!
    "IT IS WHAT IT IS" xoxoxoxoxo Puppy
  • Madison
    edited May 2007
    Puppy, that is great news....scar tissue is something we can handle....
    How long is your camping trip? have fun....
    Madison
  • neesie
    neesie Member Posts: 1,110
    edited April 2008
    Evening all!

Puppy: YaHoo!! Scar tissue is a good thing! Now as soon as they check your head to see if it is empty like the rest of ours..you'll be fine!! Enjoy the camping!

Jankay: Beautiful pic..both you and the Afghan!

Betty: Not fat just fluffy from the AI'S! I use the same phrase! Either you really enjoyed the wine last night or you're not as quiet as I thought you were!!

Alwayshope: Not only are you always sweet with your posts, you are smart too! Developing Software Programs....!

Sheri: Glad to hear your Son made it to Ecuador safely..You wouldn't be a mother if you didn't worry about him and his illness.

Cy: Your GS is beautiful! I think I already told you that, but hey....Memories shot!

Colleen: My type of Girl! You can give directions but you can't follow them!! I usually just hit preview reply and then edit and can write all I want. Except last night when Madison let the flying Monkeys out!

Vicki: You want a Baby!! I heard on the news this morning that a 60 year old just had twins!

Okay.....Serious issues here. This is either Deja Vu or I'm crazier than I thought..I truly think I already posted most of what I just posted earlier today!

Tracey: SNOW....Yuck!

NS: I believe that once you finish this course of treatment you will be done with Chemo. Hang in there Dear!

Marsha: How scary was that at BNO..I'm glad your friend is okay. I know low Potassium can make you pass out, Our Nurses will have to fill us in on that. And the beloved Panic Attacks....been there done that.

Amy: Thanks for sharing your ass with us! I mean asses! To Cute!

Gus: Hope the meeting for your Son went well. Draining I'm sure.

Anne: Glad to see you post. How nice that your Dad's Funeral was Comforting for you. I'm so sorry for you, you have had such a full plate lately. {{{hugs}}}

Shokk: Glad to know that you haven't blown away..but I see you are heading to the closet again! Your post to NS was great.. But I have to admit, your story about Mr. GQ was absolutely to funny!! I could take it to another level, but I think we are rated PG around here!

Tricia: Hope all is well and you are still on schedule for Surgery. Stay strong!

Z: Enjoy your trip to AZ this weekend! My Son lives there and I haven't seen him since Sept.. Will you find him and give him a GREAT BIG HUG for me!

Nicki: Okay, guess we'll have to believe that you are okay. Don't hesitate to come here when you are scared........do you know how often you comfort all of us and answer questions???? I had the Cardiolyte Stress in November..Never have been able to figure out the sense in sticking someone with symptoms of heart problems on a treadmill and tell them to go until they can't go and then keep on going! And if that ain't enough, they will inject you with that nice Nuclear stuff! Gotta love medicine!

Madison: Hope you enjoy your weekend with your DD festivities!!

To all, have a wonderful night!

Hugs,
    Denise
  • Odalys
    Odalys Member Posts: 929
    edited May 2007
    Good evening CG’s,

Nickie- Please have an MD check you out. I know nurses have a hard time being patients but I still think you should let them check you out. It’s always better to deal with the known...don't you think?

Rondab – so glad to see you posting again. Congrats on your daughter’s graduation. I can tell she is making you proud. Welcome back!

Puppy – scar tissue… yeah…. great news… Thank God! Have a great camping trip.

Zazette – you will do more than survive…you will thrive!

Marsha – love your last chemo pic, time for a celebration!

Jankay – beautiful afghan nice pic.

Shokk – You are so funny. Love your posts…so creative and funny. You always bring a smile to face. I guess what you and Mr GQ were experiencing is called chemistry!

Vickie – proud of you for toughing it out w/o a cigarette. You can do it! BTW - your neighbor flyes his plane over your home? LOL. OMG - that is impossible in my neighborhood.

Amy – Congrats on your DD’s graduation. Will she be specializing in any branch of the law? Does she have a job yet?

NS - you are such an inspiration. I wish I could speed up time for you in order for you to be done with chemo. But for now, I wish you peaceful days and pain free treatments.

Adriona - glad you liked the surprise. It was a family project. Thanks for keeping the secret.

CG's - I still have a handful of surprises to mail out. I will be making my second trip to the post office on Saturday. NS, I'd love to send you one but I don't have your address. If you feel comfortable, send me PM. No pressure, only if you feel up to it.

Okay, I'm probably forgetting to mention many sisters. Sorry, not intentional. If I didn't mention your name, please know I also care about you and am sending you hugs, positive thoughts, and warm wishes.

Good night,
  • newvickie
    newvickie Member Posts: 2,941
    edited May 2007
    Good evening ladies,
    whew...tired as usual. Did too much work outside! Still have too much work to do outside and still have laundry that needs to go in the dryer. Does it ever end?
    I got the neatest surprise from Odalys today!!! Thank you sweet lady. Just what I needed...seriously! Shhh...won't spoil the surprise.
    Puppy...wonderful news...yipppee...have a great camping trip and sending you hugs and smooches from me and Nathaniel.
    Jankay...wrap yourself in that afghan and feel all our love. You look wonderful with it! I didn't get you pm in time but see that sweet Liz posted the picture for you.
    Z...you need a break from the stress so enjoy your time off. If it weren't for the lexapro I'd be in a white strappy jacket just like yours LOL.
    Shokk...oh my...yup...had those moments myself. Complete and total meltdowns LOL! Dripping, yucky, wet meltdowns but they don't make my knees hurt!!! You gave me the best laugh of the day and it's all so very true! Hope you can stay out of the closet tonight. Love you too and in a while crocodile. Sleep tight and don't let the bedbugs bite.
    Marsha...how are you feeling? My last chemo sucked as bad as all the rest but I was so happy it was the last one I didn't even care!
    Rondab...it is so good to see your smiling face again. Have a wonderful weekend of fun.
    Amy...I hate these stupid prosthesis's...damn things are determined to jump out of my bra ever time I bend over. Constantly grabbing them to readjust. Gets me some funny looks every now and then LOL. Good thing it's pretty much only women I work with and they understand...sort of!!!
    Wow a three day weekend coming up! I can hardly wait. Promised Nate I would take him fishing tomorrow night. It's supposed to be really hot again tomorrow so it should be fun.
    Really tired and missing a bunch of girls...you are all in my heart...all the time. If you need mastectomy bra's that are really pretty and really cheap check out my link above! They are selling out fast.
    love and hugs to all
    See you in the morning
    Vickie
  • CherrylH
    CherrylH Member Posts: 189
    edited May 2007
    Dear JanKay,
    Wrap yourself in the love of your sisters. Enoy yur afghan!!

love,
    Cherryl