Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

TIME TO CIRCLE THE WAGONS GIRLS

Comments

• SheriH
    SheriH Member Posts: 472
    edited May 2007
    Good morning! Saturday mornings are my time on the computer, but I still had to chase Micah off.

Odalys, what can I say? You must be so torn up right now, getting the position you wanted, but because a dear friend can't do it anymore. You are in my prayers.

Nicki, cold still bugging you? Are you coughing a lot? Don't break another rib! Please get these spells checked out. I know you are nurse, but things may seem different when it's your own body. I know how you feel about more bills, I almost don't want to do all the new test the dr. ordered because of that, but it's important for your health.

Vickie and Shokk, boy I sure envy you with your thunder storms! Not only do I enjoy them, but we could sure use the rain right now. It just keeps missing us and our grass is getting dry. We don't water it, because we usually get enough rain, in fact, we don't even have a hose right now. Dh ran it over with the lawn mower.

NS, sorry about the Adria kicking your butt. My onc sometimes delayed treatment a week if I wasn't feeling well. Hang in there, you are a tough cookie. Your poor neighbor! Your story reminded me of the good Samaritan with the one neighbor just going on by. That's so sad! I agree with Nicki, homemade milkshakes are the best. You can add as much milk as you need to get the right consistency.

Joyce, Kevin is a brave kid. My youngest brother had open heart surgery when he was 5 months old. It's hard to watch someone go through it. You are in my prayers.

Amy, scans? how did they go?

Z, You posted my diet!

Jankay, swimming is such a great exercise. Our pool is supposed to open today, but they had a technical difficulty. I am looking forward to the exercise.

Liz, sorry your son is sick. What is up with these lumps?

Puppy, scar tissue is good. I'm hoping that's what I will hear, too.
  • jankay
    jankay Member Posts: 789
    edited May 2007
    sorry od
    about your friend= i am going to get on my scooter so i can come give u a hug while i am out checking on vicki

i love being in the pool and i cant wait .

right now we need to decide whether to sell this house or not.
  • Madison
    Madison Member Posts: 859
    edited May 2007
    Good Morning,

I am so glad it is a three day weekend. I sent my military daughter an express package with all kind of goodies in appreciation of Memorial Day.

Mena, is it so good to see you posting. Every single day you are wrapped in our love, thoughts and prayers.

NS, I know when you don’t post it is because you aren’t feeling good..so we all get worried. Gosh, I wish we could all go to your house, pile up on your bed, tell you stories, make you laugh, and help you to feel better. The story about your neighbor being hurt and no one helping makes me realize that each and every one of us can make a difference in someone’s life. Can you imagine the fear and pain she was going through at that time? I will never understand how someone can NOT have compassion for anyone suffering.

Amy, I thought about you all day yesterday….I know you don’t log on until Monday (now Tuesday because of the Holiday)……keeping you in my thoughts and prayers…..All will be okay…..Give Mazer and Hey Jude a kiss on their cute little noses for me.

Joyce, you should be proud of Kevin because through all the adversity, all the pain and suffering there immerges a wonderful young man who WILL make a difference in this world. He will be someone that will touch many, many lives because of his courage and convictions. Give him a hug from me, from all of us.

Vickie, after I quit smoking, I used to dream I was smoking. I would wake up not knowing if it was real or just a dream. Have a good day today with Nate and hope the weather lets you enjoy some time outdoors. It is getting too hot down south to be outside.

Nicki, we do worry about you….but I am going to TRUST you to make the decision if, and when, you need to seek medical help. The one thing you need to remember is that YOU MEAN SO MUCH TO ALL OF US….(so please, take care of yourself). Also, I am so glad your friend’s test was okay.

Tracey, when it comes to legal matters…..tell the truth and nothing but the truth because the TRUTH will prevail. Law officers are trained individuals and can usually tell when someone is not being completely forthright. It behooves you to be honest. You are protecting YOURSELF, who is the most important person in this scenario.

Sheri, glad you are getting scans, but sorry you are so stressed. We’ll saddle up Mazer and Distorted Humor, get the magic carpet and be there for your tests. Enjoy your summer – no school-no school kids!!!

Colleen, have a wonderful weekend. See you later.

Odalys, I am so sorry about your friend and fellow co-worker. I think it is human to question Why, Why, Why. We don’t have the answers. There are times we will never understand. You can always come here to take, we understand. I will keep Liz in my prayers.

Cheri, my dear Cheri, we are sending men to the deliverance tent….did I hear someone say Mork and Mindi may be going to a new home….hummm, we are going to have to work on that one. We missed you….So glad you are home!!! and surgery is behind you!!!!

Z, great song and diet. Remember to PM me when you head my way so we can set up a meeting place…….

CY, how are you? Thinking about you.

Karen, hello, you sound very busy.

Shokk, have you installed a stove, washer and dryer in your closet so you can get some work down while you wait out the storms? I watch the radar because the storms you get, usually head our way within 5 – 6 hours…..I think some of your storms are clipping the northern part of my state, but not making is down south. Take care.

Susan, I heard you started a party on the party thread….I am going to go over there to check things out.

Jasmine, good to see you.

Shel, where are you? How was work?

Rondab, have fun camping…are you going to Pinkstock?

Jankay, when I saw the beautiful flower square (Boo made that one)….I thought of you dear Sunshine sister. I am so glad you are wrapped in the afghan…hugs to you.
    Congratulations on your daughter’s nomination. You should be a proud mamma.

CherrylHolt, Hi there, thought of you last night because I was working with some of your squares……you’ll see them in the next afghan….

Liz, did you put your June 1st appointment on the calendar? You know we will be there with you……June 1st is right around the corner (as my Mom would say). How is your son? I am very impressed that they have diagnosed the Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever early. Spray the heck out of your yard to get rid of those yucky ticks.

Tricia – glad you’ve got things scheduled. Waiting is the hardest part.

My, oh my, –Marsha, so glad you finished your last treatment. It was indeed a great picture.

Betty – I am in a clinical trial and don’t know if I am taking Tamoxifen or Arimidex, but I do know all weight is settling in the middle area….YULK.

Jan, have fun….tell us stories Tuesday, pretty please.

Christine – Hi there……glad to see you.

Tgirl, how was the shopping? What did you buy?

Denise, I keep hitting the refresh button on the tool bar before I post when I am typing in Word. I will hit the refresh button, then copy on the site. I never erase my posts in Word UNTIL I see it posted on the Wagon Circle site. I think each and everyone of us have a certain way we post. I still think those horrible flying monkeys are lurking somewhere close by.

Good morning to all I missed, didn’t mean to miss anyone.

Where is Robin? Getting worried.

Have a great Saturday…be back later.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 2,728
    edited May 2007

Well I managed to go for my first walk with my dog. Did the mile without coughing or getting short of breath. So I am indeed on the mend.

Now Im gonna walk to my pharmacy and pick up some medicine and a newspaper. Gotta get back into shape. Right now all my blouses are big on top and tight when I button the last button by my stomach and hips.

See ya all later.

Nicki
  • neesie
    neesie Member Posts: 1,110
    edited April 2008
    Good Morning Friends!

Nicki: Thanks for the pic., I was Snow White wasn't I?????!!

Vicki: No, NO, I wasn't mad at anyone last night!! I wanted you to read my mind to know that I was thinking of everyone and see that I had posted to you all! But I got that stupid "invalid" thing when I was done!!

Odalys: I am so sorry to hear about Liz (friend), please don't hesitate to share your feelings here, that is one of the reasons we are here. And yes, I think we have all questioned God at some point in our lives. Hugs.

Shokk: With all the time you spend in the closet, you will have plenty of time to pick out an outfit perfect for the next visit with Mr. GQ!! Stay safe.....and be careful of "big sticks!"

Liz: Wow, hope your Son is okay. That's one of the diseases you hear about, but don't really think about. Take care.

Joyce: Blessings to you and Kevin. He is a special one..and to talk to another child facing Surgery..that's wonderful!

NS: I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that the board doesn't like!! He ate my post last night too! This is such a strange world. I'm glad your friend is "alright" but it's hard to believe someone would walk right by when it is evident that someone is hurt.

Cheri: Glad to see you are back and in rare form! I LMAO reading your first post yesterday!

Susan: Gotta jump over to the party thread...sounds like you are causing trouble!

Madison: Blessings to your Military DD and all other Military families! How nice to send her a care package! I don't know much about Clinical Trials, but they kind of scare me. Just the not knowing what you're taking...I know they are necessary and it's good of you and others to participate...guess I'm a Wussy.
    I haven't gotten the hang of using Word to copy and paste..Usually by editing I don't lose my post. I think that when I'm logged in for to long and then post it tells me that I'm "Invalid!" Hey, I've been called worse!!

I'll be back later..Everyone have a wonderful weekend!! Looks like we are going to be having a very Wet weekend!

Hugs,
    Denise
  • [Deleted User]
    edited May 2007

And I must add "For the mothers, sisters, and daughters who are fighting for our freedom."

Nicki
  • neesie
    neesie Member Posts: 1,110
    edited April 2008
    Vickie: I agree, we need to find Robin. Maybe she is just AWOL, but with all the craziness in her life I just don't think so.
    I guess we have to put our Detective Hats on and go searching.
    Do you know her Last Name, Address or Phone Number? If anyone does, let us know please.

Hugs,
    Denise
  • SheriH
    edited May 2007
    Beautiful Nicki. I'm glad we can support our soldiers, no matter our views on the war. They are doing what they believe is right for our country. I will always be thankful for them.

On a different note, now that I'm mentally winding down from school, I am starting to think more about this lump. I thought I could just go on my merry way, but it's starting to freak me out. How does scar tissue feel, for those of you who had it dx? Mine is hard, slightly movable,but seems to be part of the bone. It isn't round, but kind of long. Please tell me I'm ok, thanks.
  • Tricia
    Tricia Member Posts: 103
    edited May 2007
    Mind if I ask a question here? I know nothing about drains.

I keep hearing how good it is to get them out.

Marsha, thank you for the advice to get a fanny pack. That made me realize I don't know what to expect. They must dangle .

Having a mast and simultaneous lift/reduction on the other side in 7 days.

Thanks ladies,
    Tricia
  • jasmine
    jasmine Member Posts: 773
    edited May 2008
    Here is what it looks like --->

They don't usually hurt. They are more a nuisance to deal with than anything. Having drains will help you heal faster and keep you from swelling.
  • jankay
    edited May 2007
    How do these people survive?

ONE Recently, when I went to McDonald's I saw on the menu that you could have an order of 6, 9 or 12 Chicken McNuggets. I asked for a half dozen nuggets. "We don't have half dozen nuggets," said the teenager at the counter. "You don't?" I replied. "We only have six, nine, or twelve," was the reply. "So I can't order a half dozen nuggets, but I can order six?" "That's right." So I shook my head and ordered six McNuggets

TWO I was checking out at the local Wal-Mart with just a few items and the lady behind me put her things on the belt close to mine. I picked up one of those "dividers" that they keep by the cash register and placed it between our things so they wouldn't get mixed. After the girl had scanned all of my items, she picked up the "divider," looking it all over for the bar code so she could scan it. Not finding the bar code she said to me, "Do you know how much this is?" I said to her "I've changed my mind, I don't think I'll buy that today." She said "OK," and I paid her for the things and left. She had no clue to what had just happened.

THREE A lady at work was seen putting a credit card into her floppy drive and pulling it out very quickly. When I inquired as to what she was doing, she said she was shopping on the Internet and they kept asking for a credit card number, so she was using the ATM "thingy."

FOUR
    I recently saw a distraught young lady weeping beside her car. "Do you need some help?" I asked. She replied, "I knew I should have replaced the battery to this remote door unlocker. Now I can't get into my car. Do you think they (pointing to a distant convenience store) would have a battery to fit this?" "Hmmm, I dunno. Do you have an alarm, too?" I asked. "No, just this remote thingy," she answered, handing it and the car keys to me. As I took the key and manually unlocked the door, I replied, "Why don't you drive over there and check about the batteries. It's a long walk."

FIVE Several years ago, we had an Intern who was none too swift. One day she was typing and turned to a secretary and said, "I'm almost out of typing paper What do I do?" "Just use copier machine paper," the secretary told her. With that, the intern took her last remaining blank piece of paper, put it on the photocopier and proceeded to make five "blank" copies.

SIX I was in a car dealership a while ago, when a large motor home was towed into the garage. The front of the vehicle was in dire need of repair and the whole thing generally looked like an extra in "Twister." I asked the manager what had happened. He told me that the driver had set the "cruise control" and then went in the back to make a sandwich.

SEVEN My neighbor works in the operations department in the central office of a large bank. Employees in the field call him when they have problems with their computers. One night he got a call from a woman in one of the branch banks who had this question: "I've got smoke coming from the back of my terminal. Do you guys have a fire downtown?"

EIGHT Police in Radnor, PA, interrogated a suspect by placing a metal colander on his head and connecting it with wires to a photocopy machine. The message "He's lying" was placed in the copier, and police pressed the copy button each time they thought the suspect wasn't telling the truth. Believing the "lie detector" was working, the suspect confessed.

NINE A mother calls 911 very worried asking the dispatcher if she needs to take her kid to the emergency room, the kid was eating ants. The dispatcher tells her to give the kid some Benadryl and should be fine, the mother says, I just gave him some ant killer..... Dispatcher: Rush him in to emergency

Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid! "
  • marshakb
    marshakb Member Posts: 796
    edited May 2007

Oh Jankay....ROTFLMAO

• Odalys
    Odalys Member Posts: 929
    edited May 2007
    Thanks everyone for all your kind words., prayers, and hugs. I knew you would understand. I love you guys.

A special thanks to our soldiers for helping keep this country safe and to their family members for making such a huge sacrifice. You are all our angels on earth.

NS - considering everything you are going through and you still take time to help someone in need or to offer words of kindness. You are such a blessing to us all. God bless you always.

Nickie - I know what you mean about the body being thinner on top, mine too. It seems all the fat and extra weight goes to the belly and hips. I too need to start my daily 2 mile walks. Maggie has also gained weight since we stopped walking. Poor dog, all she does is eat and sleep.

Jankay - too funny. I'll add one...TEN: I ordered a cheeseburger at the local MCDonalds and the teen taking my order asked "Do you want cheese with that?" I politely answered "Yes." Steven and I looked at each other and laughed. Then, Steven looked at her and said..."DAAAAA....if it didn't have cheese it would be a hamburger....DAAAA!!!!!" LOL...

Hey, maybe you can start a new discussion thread on this topic and folks can just keep adding to your list. I bet it would give us all a good laugh. Thanks for bringing a smile to my face on such a sad day.

Okay, I'm off to run some errands and to the post office to mail those final surprises. This always lifts my spirits. Good day everyone.
  • jankay
    edited May 2007

A HUSBAND IS AT HOME WATCHING A FOOTBALL GAME WHEN HIS WIFE INTERRUPTS, "HONEY, COULD YOU FIX THE LIGHT IN THE HALLWAY? IT'S BEEN FLICKERING FOR WEEKS NOW."
    >
    > HE LOOK AT HER AND SAYS ANGRILY, "FIX THE LIGHTS NOW? DOES IT LOOK LIKE I HAVE GE WRITTEN ON MY FOREHEAD? I DON'T THINK SO."
    >
    > "FINE," THEN THE WIFE ASKS, "WELL THEN, COULD YOU FIX THE FRIDGE DOOR? IT WON'T CLOSE RIGHT."
    >
    > TO WHICH HE REPLIED, "FIX THE FRIDGE DOOR?" "DOES IT LOOK LIKE I HAVE WESTINGHOUSE WRITTEN ON MY FOREHEAD? I DON'T THINK SO."
    >
    > "FINE," SHE SAYS, "THEN YOU COULD AT LEAST FIX THE STEPS TO THE FRONT DOOR? THEY ARE ABOUT TO BREAK."
    >
    > "I'M NOT A CARPENTER AND I DON'T WANT TO FIX STEPS." HE SAYS, "DOES IT LOOK LIKE I HAVE ACE HARDWARE WRITTEN ON MY FOREHEAD? I DON'T THINK SO. I'VE HAD ENOUGH OF YOU. I'M GOING TO THE BAR!!!!"
    >
    > SO HE GOES TO THE BAR AND DRINKS FOR A COUPLE OF HOURS................................... HE STARTS TO FEEL GUILTY ABOUT HOW HE TREATED HIS WIFE, AND DECIDES TO GO HOME. AS HE WALKS INTO THE HOUSE HE NOTICES THAT THE STEPS ARE ALREADY FIXED. AS HE ENTERS THE HOUSE, HE SEES THE HALL LIGHT IS WORKING. AS HE GOES TO GET A BEER, HE NOTICES THE FRIDGE DOOR IS FIXED.
    >
    > "HONEY," HE ASKS, "HOW'D ALL THIS GET FIXED?"
    >
    > SHE SAID, "WELL, WHEN YOU LEFT I SAT OUTSIDE AND CRIED. JUST THEN A NICE YOUNG MAN ASKED ME, "WHAT WAS WRONG?" I TOLD HIM. HE OFFERED TO DO ALL THE REPAIRS, AND ALL I HAD TO DO WAS EITHER GO TO BED WITH HIM OR BAKE A CAKE."
    >
    > HE SAID, "SO WHAT KIND OF CAKE DID YOU BAKE?"
    >
    > SHE REPLIED, "HELLOOOOO....DO YOU SEE BETTY CROCKER WRITTEN ON MY FOREHEAD? I DON'T THINK SO!"
  • jankay
    edited May 2007
    od
    glad i could maKe u smile
    got another one for u
  • Primel
    Primel Member Posts: 652
    edited May 2007
    Oh, Jankay... I don't know whether to cry or laugh, but I opted for the second... THANK YOU for the tears of laughter... indeed, it's definitely tougher for those...
    CatherineH
  • joy1122
    joy1122 Member Posts: 189
    edited May 2007
    Sheri,
    I have scar tissue in my new breast. It feels just the way you described. Sort of long in shape,mine is hard and feels like it is attached to the breast bone. The doctors point it out when they examine me and tell me it's nothing to worry about. It has been there since my mastectomy. I try not to think about it. I usually start poking it and moving it to the point that I am sore. Then I worry about that! LOL.
    Take care,
    Joyce
  • lucyemmons
    lucyemmons Member Posts: 13
    edited May 2007
    Jankay ROFLMAO!!!! Ihave another one for ya. I used to work in athe floral dept of my local grocery store when a teenager came up to me and asked for adozen roses. I said sure thing and proceeded to count out a dozen roses when all of a sudden the teen asked me "By the way, ma'm, how many roses are in a dozen?" And this kid was a senior in high school. I almost fell out of the flower cooller when she asked me that! Thank you soooo much for the laughs you give us and the love that comes with them.

Lucy
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    When the Going gets Tough---The Tough Get Going
  • bearlysane111
    bearlysane111 Member Posts: 592
    edited May 2007
    Hello,to everyone!
    Finally--I am back w/real glasses that can see! Went to W-Mt and got them yesterday.Have missed all of you and tried to keep up and read abt happenings. I am so far behind...only went back a few pgs and am going to read w/my new glasses.Like a kid that can finally see,again! LOL!

Z... love your thoughts and pics! Hope that you're having fun in AZ!

AlwaysHope..right abt bc and the vigilance.

Colleen...great news on your check-up. Hi to Warren,too.

Susan..you know how much I appreciate you! Thanks for the Secret Pals as that really was wonderful Friday.

Odalys... so sorry abt Liz and sometimes I don't think there are answers and for me,that is the hardest part.

Shel...good job abt McKenizie's weight loss! Been there,done that and great job! Hope your job is a little easier getting up in the mornings,etc.--never was easier for me(mornings).

Amy... only good results is what I'm thinking.

Shokk...funny abt the ruity tuity and you are so right abt W-Mt. Irate man was giving the cashier trouble and holding up line;his bank card was rejected four times and he was yelling it was her fault;finally,he paid cash! I wanted to kick him--told the cashier how great she was,etc. and the man was going to have a heart attack at the rate he was going. Such a rude,unhappy man...

Tracey...been there w/the police at schl and had to stick to facts as sometimes the kids would assault the teachers at my last schl. Don't see how the boss will defend actions on this one...sorry that it puts you in the middle.

Sheri...glad your schl is out and Pigeon Forge is nice.

Nicki...thanks for all those pics!!! Hope you are feeling much better this wkend and take care of you.

Joyce...way to go,8.6 lbs!!! Super!

Cheryl...hope that your cold is better.

Karen in Denver...thanks for asking abt me during the time I have been gone--hope you're OK.

Madison...love all those quilts and your kindness to others' feelings.
    Marsha...you are one funny lady! Love your radio stories.
    Vickie...you know how special you are and thanks for keeping me in your thoughts/

Hi to CherylNC,Denise and there are so many I am leaving out thinking of you.

Deb in Alaska...hope the wkend goes well and that Jacob is much improved.

Christine...bet this is a busy wkend in the rest.

Jankay..love your scooter stories and the cashier ones--too funny and too real. LOL

And to anyone that I skipped...Hello!

Iris
  • marshakb
    marshakb Member Posts: 796
    edited May 2007
    Now a funny one for you Jankay

Pfizer Corp. announced today that Viagra will soon be available in liquid form, and will be marketed by Pepsi Cola as a power beverage suitable for use as a mixer. It will now be possible for a man to literally pour himself a stiff one. Obviously we can no longer call this a soft drink, and it gives new meaning to the names of "cocktails", "highballs" and just a good old-fashioned "stiff drink". Pepsi will market the new concoction by the name of: MOUNT & DO.
  • bearlysane111
    bearlysane111 Member Posts: 592
    edited May 2007
    Sorry abt the spelling Shel...know that is not the way you spell your daughter's name...hurrying cause Word is not letting me save...LOL

Hi to Joyce,Catherine,Puppy,Lucy,Cheri--hope you're feeling better.
    Also to Sue in Wisconsin--hope the wkend is good.

Lucy,I had a cashier who could not make change for a $20 as the comp went down (Food Lion---groc store) and he asked me how much cash I was to give him back from his cash drawer.
    It was like abt $11 or so--and I said all of it!!! This really happened---of course,I did not take all of it as he had to call the mgr. Sad! As a Math teacher,it really did make me sad--but,at least the comp usually works! LOL!

-------
    Happy Weekending,everyone!
    Iris
  • b445
    b445 Member Posts: 980
    edited May 2007
    I now have a Power Port and have done my first chemo. I am very sore and trying to just take it easy.
    tried to read or scan the past several pages. Lot's going on. Know I'm thinking of you all but must go lay down!
    Hugs & prayers
  • sahalie
    sahalie Member Posts: 1,145
    edited September 2008

• Odalys
    Odalys Member Posts: 929
    edited May 2007
    Back from the post office. All the surprises are on their way...yeah!!!! I sure hope it brings a smile to the face of everyone who is getting one. It was such a joy to make and the entire family got to contribute. You can tell Stevens' "sweet" contribution by the wrapper. DH helped with the technical stuff. Okay...no more clues. I don't want to spoil the surprise.

I just have to tell you about the funny interaction I had with the postal clerk. He is a young Latin guy, who apparently thinks he is real "macho". Anyway, he was teasing the other two female clerks because he cooks and they don't. So, as he is weighing my packages he turns to me and says "Can you believe it? I am a man and can cook and they are woman and don't know how to cook, what is the matter with them????" .... yes, he actually walked into the trap.... and of course, I could not resist myself, so I said "Since when is cooking a woman thing? Doesn't everyone have to eat?" Well, everyone started laughing and the two female clerks yelled..."Yes, finally, someone got you good!" As the laughter continued, an elderly Asian man turned to him and said..."Buddy, you need to learn to always check the ground you're standing on before you take a leap!!!" Everyone kept laughing and he just stood there speechless. Ahhhhhhh....I felt so much better. There is nothing like a dose of reality to bring down a man's over inflated ego. He made my day.....
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 1,233
    edited May 2007
    Good afternoon ladies. I will attempt another post. The last one on here didn't go so well so I will try again in a little better mood. My leg/foot hurts. Even with pain meds, but they do help. Can't whine I've needed this surgery a very long time and please pray that there's nothing goes wrong in the healing.

I'm sorta still in a fog. I was over-medicated and didn't see things very clearly. The medicine made me very confused about where I was even at! I've only hallucinated one other time and that was when I was in a drug induced coma from a collapsed lung and pneumonia. Pretty scary stuff. I don't want to ever experience that again.

Incidentally, the only pain meds I'm on is Vicodon and it's a low dosage. No weight bearing for 3 months!! Now that's a booger. But if it will make me walk after that and this leg be healed then it's worth it.

Amber left her dh so she and Ethan, 6yrs and Kevin, 2 yrs. have moved back in with us. I'm sorry her marriage didn't work but they've been back and forth for 4 years so it's really nothing new. i get to babysit Ethan through the week when Amber works so that's cool. The little one goes to daycare cos I can't handle him from a wheelchair. And I can use Ambers help around here.

My dear, dear, friends. I have missed you all so much. I've needed the laughter that I get from here. If I would've just thought about it I would've taken Ambers laptop. Silly me. Each one of you are so special to me. Where else could I go to vent all this and still be accepted? You don't judge you just listen, love and support. I'm going through a rough patch right now and I need your strength to draw from. I'm usually not selfish and just write a post about myself I always ask about others. So I hope you will excuse this one. Not much humor in it either but there will be. I may be down right now but never count me out! I shall surface stronger than before. I love you all.

pals
    cheri
  • SheriH
    edited May 2007
    Cheri, your post is great, just like you. It sounds like you really had a time of it. Glad you are home and hope the pain gets better. Sorry about Amber, but I can tell how much you love her and her little one(s). Having her around will be a big help to you. I've had posts where I dwell just on me before, it's ok. You are such a supportive and caring person. Continue to heal.

Joyce, thanks for the info on your scar tissue. It sounds very similar. That's probably what it is, but I am a worrier. I'll be so glad when I get it checked out. The onc was also concerned about the aching bones. I guess that can be part of mets, too. It could also just be the way I am!
  • jankay
    edited May 2007

MARSHA ROFL

• jankay
    edited May 2007
    VICKI
    I SENT YOU SOME PICS VIA EMAIL BUT YOUR INBOX IS FULL
    SO ANSWER SOMETHING
  • newvickie
    newvickie Member Posts: 2,941
    edited May 2007

Jankay....I sent you a pm.

• [Deleted User]
    edited May 2007

Well the first part of this Memorial Day Week-end has turned cool and rainy. But hey, we havent had much rain. The flowers and grass need it.

Nicki