Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

TIME TO CIRCLE THE WAGONS GIRLS

Comments

• tflowers
    tflowers Member Posts: 232
    edited May 2007
    Niki...when you have vertigo, isn't it a problem with your ears? Maybe an infection there and that's why you're dizzy? You probably get sicker because of all your contact with work. Aren't you glad you have me around to tell what you already know??xoxo

Vickie....2+ weeks...you go girl.. my dh tried and lasted 5 days.

Sheri..sorry you're in with Niki in the cold tent this week. Go dry out in the sunshine.

Denise...hitting on the doc huh??? Me, I would hit on my plastic surgeon rather than an gyn.hehe I would definately be a kept woman for free surgery!!

Anyone have or still have chemo recall? Every summer when the air conditioner goes on, it reminds me of my surgery 2 years ago. Also I can't use soft soap anymore because the smell reminds me of coming home after chemo and washing.

Supposed to be really hot here today, so must get work done. Love to all.xoxo
  • PuppyFive
    PuppyFive Member Posts: 539
    edited May 2007

Puppy, BBL
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 2,728
    edited May 2007
    Well heres a new one. So Im home, usually by now I would have been showered and in the car on my way to work. So I go back to bed to lay down for a bit. Put the TV on and Im listening to the news. Husband wakes up grabs his pillow and goes into the living room HE NEEDS SLEEP! Now remember, this is the guy who watches TV all night when Im trying to sleep.

This is one of the main reasons I hate calling in sick! Im already thinking about taking a shower and going into work. I will go crazy here all day with him.

Im sitting here thinking about how nice it must be, to sleep late everyday and just get up when you want to. Gosh, I have been working full time since I was 19.

Im already going crazy and I havent even called my boss yet to let her know Im not coming in.

Nicki
  • jankay
    jankay Member Posts: 789
    edited May 2007
    well good morning cgs

it took me a while to get up. so now i am up so now what do i do?
  • newvickie
    newvickie Member Posts: 2,941
    edited May 2007
    Jankay! Good morning. I think Nicki needs some company...DH just may drive her over the edge today!

I wanna go home...the last day of the month sucks! Too much to get done.
    hugs to all
    Vickie
  • marshakb
    marshakb Member Posts: 796
    edited May 2007
    Sheri.....that is not what I wanted to hear! I have been doing theatre for over 20 years. F*#@ !!! Our theatre is doing On Golden Pond next season and I so wanted to go out for it! I never had problems memorizing scripts. I am always the go to person on stage if someone forgot their lines cause I had learned everyones! Ad Lib is my middle name. This is very disappointing.

Sorry everyone, I am whining. I'm gonna go sit in the corner and pout. Marsha
  • jasmine
    jasmine Member Posts: 773
    edited May 2008

I dunno...On Golden Pond...wouldn't memory issues fit right in??

• Madison
    Madison Member Posts: 859
    edited May 2007
    Hi and Good Morning,

I have read everyone’s posts…hugs to all…take care.. thinking of all of you

I came within one fingertip length of lighting a cigarette last night….
    Just when you think you can stick your head out of the foxhole – something happens to make you realize ‘it happens and as much as you try to control events…..events control you…
    So, I’m going to go to my foxhole and re-group
    How many ways can one spell UPSET!!! Or WHY!!!
  • snowmen_n_thongs
    snowmen_n_thongs Member Posts: 367
    edited May 2007
    good morning ladies!!!!!!!
    hey nikki hope your feeling better really soon!!!
    well here are some thursday funnies

HICKBONICS

The following are excerpts from the Hickbonics/English dictionary:

HEIDI - (noun) - Greeting.

HIRE YEW - Complete sentence. Remainder of greeting.
    Usage: “Heidi, Hire yew?”

BARD - (verb) -Past tense of the infinitive “to borrow.”
    Usage: “My brother bard my pickup truck.”

JAWJUH - (noun) - The State north of Florida. Capitol is Lanner.
    Usage: “My brother from Jawjuh bard my pickup truck.”

BAMMER - (noun) - The State west of Jawjuh. Capitol is Berminhayum.
    Usage: “A tornader jes went through Bammer an’ left $20,000,000 in improvements.”

MUNTS - (noun) - A calendar division.
    Usage: “My brother from Jawjuh bard my pickup truck, and I ain’t herd from him in munts.

THANK - (verb) - Ability to cognitively process.
    Usage: “Ah thank ah’ll have a bare.”

BARE - (noun) - An alcoholic beverage made of barley, hops, and yeast.
    Usage: “Ah thank ah’ll have a bare.”

IGNERT - (adjective) - Not smart. See “Arkansas native.”
    Usage: “Them Bammer boys sure are ignertl”

RANCH - (noun) - A tool used for tight’nin’ bolts.
    Usage: “I thank I left my ranch in the back of that pickup truck my brother from Jawjuh bard a few munts ago.”

ALL - (noun) - A petroleum-based lubricant.
    Usage: “I sure hope my brother from Jawjuh puts all in my pickup truck.”

FAR - (noun) - A conflagration.
    Usage: “If my brother from Jawjuh don’t change the all in my pickup truck, that thing’s gonna catch far.”

TAR - (noun) - A rubber wheel.
    Usage: “Gee, I hope that brother of mine from Jawjuh don’t git a flat tar in my pickup truck.”

TIRE - (noun) - A tall monument.
    Usage: “Lord willin’ and the creek don’t rise, I sure do hope to see that Eiffel Tire in Paris sometime."

RETARD - (verb) - To stop working.
    Usage: “My grampaw retard at age 65.”

FAT - (noun, verb) - a battle or combat to engage in battle or combat.
    Usage: “You younguns keep fat’n, n’ ah’m gonna whup y’uh.”

RATS - (noun) - Entitled power or privilege.
    Usage: “We Southerners are willin’ to fat for are rats.”

FARN - (adjective) - Not domestic.
    Usage: “I cuddint unnerstand a wurd he sed.... must be from some farn country.

DID - (adjective) - Not alive.
    Usage: “He’s did, Jim.”

EAR - (noun) - A colorless, odorless gas; Oxygen.
    Usage: “He cain’t breathe.. .give ‘im some ear!”

BOB WAR - (noun) - A sharp, twisted cable.
    Usage: “Boy, stay away from that bob war fence.”

JEW HERE - (noun) and (verb) contraction.
    Usage: “Jew here that my br” “Nah. . .haze ignert. He ain’t thanked but a minnit’n ‘is laf.”

SEED - (verb) - past tense of “to see”.

VIEW - contraction: (verb) and pronoun.
    Usage: “I ain’t never seed New York City... view?”

GUBMINT - (noun) - A bureaucratic institution.
    Usage: “Them gubmint boys shore is ignert.”

HIRE YEW - Complete sentence. Remainder of greeting.
    Usage: “Heidi, Hire yew?”

all in good fun ladies!!!!!
    tracey
  • socallisa
    socallisa Member Posts: 10,184
    edited May 2007
    Hi ladies..
    I went to my PCP yesterday and he is switching me to Lyrica for my neuropathy..problem was that it isn't in the Navy formulary (too expensive)so we had to document all the meds that havent worked..bottom line is I got it.
    Climbing in the elevator with me were two Marines..one in a wheel chair with no legs and one walking with him with a prosthetic leg..it was very upsetting.

For Madison: Please don't smoke..take it from a 30plus ex-smoker..you can do this
    My fav quote for now is

"We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails"

Have to leave now, Hugs, Lisa
  • [Deleted User]
    edited May 2007
    Lisa: I have heard wonderful things about Lyrica. Glad you got it and hope it works for you.

Madison: Just sending you a big hug.

Nicki
  • purplemb
    purplemb Member Posts: 593
    edited May 2007
    wow, its been so hard to keep up, I have tried to read....this is our busy season, and I have interns coming, so they can move up , love the 8th graders, but the high schoolers could care less...oh well.....so

just wanted to say congrats on all of those quitting smoking...we are aLL so proud of you...keep up the good work....

Nicki...well a well deserved day in bed, hmmm..hope DH doesn't bother you too much..I understand about the sinus thing, i think it was back in JAn, the last time I felt good, and nothing seems to help....maybe just my brains mushing up and running out my nose....hmmm...

Vicki...hmmm...I've been reading and at least posting hello, got my exercise thread and pinkstock to keep up with ...oh yeah and I am supposed to work too....

Mazy...welcome...sorry I'm so late...this is a great place to be

Puppy...what someone being mean...hmm..glad I missed that thread, but that is not what his is for...stay here we we can hold your hand .....hugs...BTW...DS finally working...whooo hooo...one step at a time....

MAdison...stay away from the cigs....sending you some chi...and my relaxing tai chi music...

ok not much time but just wanted you all to know that you are in my thoughts and prayes daily...take care...

OK poison OAK....hmmm..was it shirley?...anyways...my Dr..told me destin...(diaper stuff) thought he was nuts...but..worked like a charm...and even on chicken pox...

UPDATE the pinksotck list is growing ,,,, all my neighbors have been warned...and they have promised to roll all lost souls back on to my yard...lol....
  • purplemb
    purplemb Member Posts: 593
    edited May 2007

OMG tracey, I see you've been in Ischua...lol

• shokk
    shokk Member Posts: 790
    edited May 2007

Well hell bells, Iz not shore but mez thinks ourz little Cananda sister iz making fern of uz surthern folkz......uh Madison, Liz and Amy arz we gunna taks thez liyin' down????

• lv2cmp
    lv2cmp Member Posts: 899
    edited May 2007
    Morning CG's,

Madison-big hugs to you. Something must be going on to make you want to reach for a cig but you are stronger than that. We love you.

Nicki-I bet you just wanted to smack the DH this morning when he was acting like that. I know I would have wanted to. How dare you interrupt his morning?!? Geesh, man and to think Shokk wants it to rain men. What is the poor girl thinking?

Shokk-we need rain,,we need rain,,I'm still chanting. I wouldnt even complain if we got 3 or 4 days of it.

Lisa-yep quicksilver is the thing now and billabong stuff. Its not only surfing stuff but skateboard stuff and thats what Tucker falls into. We do the etnies, DC, element and all that good stuff. Funny story though and some of you might remember the stuff. We were raised on the river with skiing and boating all the time. Well quicksilver was the stuff you mixed with the gas. Tucker goes into my parents and daddy says boy isnt that an oil shirt? of course tucker has no clue what daddy is talking about and he says huh? Daddy says thats oil that you put in a boat. Tucker still has no clue and its almost like 2 different conversations going on cause daddy is talking about oil and Tuck is in his own little world trying his best to figure out where daddy got oil from. Needless to say I sat quietly and laughed my butt off as they tried to figure each other out. My mother also announced to Tucker that the shirt he had on looked like it needed to be in the rag sack cause it was worn around the collar. Tuck says but we just bought this, and my mother is freaking out that good money was paid for a worn out shirt. Needless to say this will be an interesting week with Tucker with them on the ship,,lol.

Iris-Flea markets are something else arent they. You never know what you will see. Sometimes they can just be out right scary. I took no offense to the 1 sandwich shy of a picnic and was just glad to be at the picnic regardless of the food.

marsha-on golden pond would be a great one. You will have to keep us informed about it.

Adrionna-not sure about the lube job but is that what they are calling it these days? Been so long since I called it anything I wouldnt know where to start!

Shirley-hoping for stage 1 but I can say my uncle was stage 3 and is 4 years out and doing well. Poison oak or ivy huh? Dont even look at me or I will get it. Glad you enjoyed the cruise. Whats this about DH looking for another job? Do you think he will do it?

Sherndon-good luck tomorrow-Mazer will take good care of you.

Cheri-You really need to control youself missy. I think you embarrassed my donkey on the ride this morning. She was blushing and everything and I heard her tell hey jude that he was driving next cause you were a wild one. Just imagine how you will be when that ankle gets healed.

Vickie-glad you survived the field trip. Dont work too hard today. Is it friday yet?

Tracey-sounds like you been in Alabama picking up on our language. I understood every bit of it.

Jankay-your sis still there? I know you are enjoying your time together.

Odalys-ty for the wonderful surprise. My son wanted to open it and he thought it was very nice which says alot coming from a 12 year old.

Sue-sorry about the DH's cousin. Hope you have a safe trip.

ok off to get some work done that I dont really want to do. Bye for now.

Amy
  • newvickie
    edited May 2007

I cuddint unnerstand a wurd she sed.... must be from some farn country.

• marshakb
    marshakb Member Posts: 796
    edited May 2007

Sheri, I am so sorry. I reread what I posted and it sounded like I was cursing at you. I appreciate everyone that shares their experiences with me, good, bad and ugly. I hope you didn't take that wrong. I'm just gonna spend the day crying in the corner and then put my big girl panties back on. Marsha

• shokk
    edited May 2007

Marsha.......don't go crying in the corner......snap out of it (Cheri slapping Nic Cage in Moonstruck).......we all type things that sound just fine in our heads but when it is in type and you reread it it sounds insulting.....(just reread what I wrote and it doesn't make sense)....anyway there is this small nat that is buzzing around my head.....if it doesn't go away I'm pulling out my six shooter from my drawer and firing away.........

• shokk
    edited May 2007

Correction Cher slapping Nic Cage in Moonstruck......geez that was a weird slip of the fingers........let me just say this I'm not sure why but everytime we have a day off like Monday the rest of my week is screwed up........Nicki don't you hate it when your schedule has to change??????Don't you let your husband run you back off to work.....when you have the crud doesn't it really require rest and lots of juice and water and all that kind of crap..........geez phone brb.......

• newvickie
    edited May 2007
    Just decided something...I am going to tear off my back deck and build a patio. I know...this is comin right out of the blue but oh well. I built a sidewalk three years ago that me and Nathaniel put neat rocks and tiles in and it's still fine as can be so I figure...what the heck. Can't afford the lumber to rebuild the floor so that's my new plan. Any suggestions or ideas welcomed!!
    love ya all
    Vickie
  • [Deleted User]
    edited May 2007
    Ok! Its a quick trip to Las Vegas for instant divorce or Im bringing my DH to Texas with my shotgun. Either way, one of us has to go today.

Despite my husband telling me I dont know how to relax, Im going out to my garden and pull weeds. Thats very therapetic for me.

Yes shokk: Rest, juice, and lots of fluids. Thats the ticket.

Nicki
  • shokk
    edited May 2007

Hey Nicki with the shotgun maybe we can stand Robin's evil right behind your husband and get a twofer with one blast.......(if any men are lurking we're just kidding)(honest)(were did I put this shotgun shells).......

• newvickie
    edited May 2007

shokk...can we try for three! I've got some shells!

• jasmine
    edited May 2008

I'll be the lookout. The secret signal if the coppers are coming will be -- ca caw ca caw!

• newvickie
    edited May 2007
    we'll ambush them when they aren't lookin
  • shokk
    edited May 2007

You know Nicki says see is outside in the garden pulling weeds but why does she need a shovel to pull weeds??????I think she is digging a hole........

• jasmine
    edited May 2008

Vickie...what are you doing to that little kid. Did you train your cat to do that? ROFLMAO!

• newvickie
    edited May 2007

Not my kid or cat...just funny!!

• shokk
    edited May 2007

Vickie that is too cute.....but you know what I think....sweetheart I think you can do anything you put your mind to do.....but if you do go thru with your plans just start it before it gets to hot and it cannot interfer with wagon circle time........

• newvickie
    edited May 2007

Nothin interfers with my sisters!