Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

TIME TO CIRCLE THE WAGONS GIRLS

Comments

• PuppyFive
    PuppyFive Member Posts: 539
    edited May 2007
    Hey CGS, I am on my way for my mri. just wanted to stop in and tell you i am sick to death over the rosie thread!!!!
    what is the purpose and why are they calling my son and others TERROISTS!!!!!!!!!????????????? I love you all, but am crying my eyes out right now over the coldness of some!!
    Puppy
  • jasmine
    jasmine Member Posts: 773
    edited May 2008
    Sorry you are upset Puppy. Just remember, those are only opinions and we all know that...opinions are like noses, everyone has one.
  • newvickie
    newvickie Member Posts: 2,941
    edited May 2007
    Only got a minute before heading off to school but had to jump in quickly.
    Puppy...just what do you think you're doing wandering around outside the circle and reading things that are upsetting you. Grab that silly butt of yours and plunk it right back down here where you belong! Jasmine is right...they are just opinions! Some people are cold...we aren't...stick with us and the safer threads and put a smile back on that beautiful face!! Love ya
    Vickie
  • newvickie
    newvickie Member Posts: 2,941
    edited May 2007

OH and Puppy...we are there at your MRI holding your hand...remember that and all will be well.

• Madison
    Madison Member Posts: 859
    edited May 2007
    Puppy, ditto what Jasmine and Vickie said.....
    I will only add that the ability to express an opinion (good or bad) was given to us by the blood, sweat and tears of the men and women who so proudly wear the uniform of our U.S. Military......You have a right to express your opinion.
    Sign Me, PROUD AIR FORCE MOTHER!!!!!
  • marshakb
    marshakb Member Posts: 796
    edited May 2007
    Unfortunately, the screaming, liberal Democrat and the ultra right wing, bible thumping Republican voices tend to be the only ones heard.

Most of us are middle of the road, moderate middle class Americans. We have to choose a party in order to vote in the Primaries. I have voted across party lines many times as I vote the CANDIDATE after careful study. I think this is called "the Silent Majority".

PinkRibbonAmy, my brother has an account called his "God Fund". He has his employer put 1/2 of his monthly bonus commission in this account. No one in the family knew he had this account until I was dx'd with breast cancer and having financial issues. He's been writing checks for people in need in his community for years. No publicity, no bragging. I'm not saying Rosie's heart isn't in the right place. Just that she's in an easy position to get "publicity" for HER good deeds and that seems important to her and many other celebrities.

Please, please, after all we have been through, let's don't hurt each others feelings. Everyone has a right to their feelings and beliefs. Hugs, Marsha

Oops...how did my post get on this thread? I thought I was on the Rosie thread???? Chemo brain!! Anyhoo...my 2 cents worth, Ill copy and paste this over on the other thread. haha
  • marshakb
    edited May 2007
    Puppy, this is for you and Vickie (since she LUVS Elvis)

http://home.comcast.net/~nw-fla/tribute_flag_B_thompson.htm
  • tflowers
    tflowers Member Posts: 232
    edited May 2007
    Marsha , you crazy girlfriend!!! I had to stay and read (like a trainwreck you can't pull away from) Was thinking of adding something else in the mix to start up again. So mean...

Mazy..welcome and have fun just trying to keep up. 3 pages since yesterday and some of these girls are amazing with remembering everything. I'm the one in the corner wearing the dunce cap!!

Niki...sticking the little toes in the lake today? Bet it's cold. You're like our mom on the Rosie post. xoxo

Puppy...forget those downers on that thread. You worry about you. xoxo Must stay healthy to fight another day. xoxo

Beth...you just cannot catch a break this month. 2 more days and it's a new month to start anew.

Everyone drinking blue drinks for our blue moon?

Sue...my friend is back...I think I owe YOU a phone call...I'll call later today..xoxo

Back to work...love to all xoxo
  • shokk
    shokk Member Posts: 790
    edited May 2007

First of all ohhhhh Marsha bible thumbing Republicans.......don't you forget it you line memorizing Shakesperian Thespian....ha........(I have already become very found of you Marsha inspite of you being an "Actor")but I can't let Puppy think that her son is a terroist.....Puppy cancer is a terroist.....not your son....your son is a warrior and a hero.......there are people in the world that think that if they show compassion and prove to the world that they can live in peace its just a bunch of bs.........has this world every lived in Peace? Its like the vegans of the world and the fur people.......this world we live in is not peaceful and it never will be.......we have to have our warriors to protect ourselves.....Remember a few yrs ago when Rosie was going on about gun control and it came out that her own bodygards were packing heat......its nice to think what would make this world more peaceful but its not reality......its like our own thread about alternative cancer treatments......doesn't it make your skin crawl when someone is going to do alternative treatmenT?????Don't you want to shake them and tell them to wake up....this is cancer......oh geez I will so be right back...

• jasmine
    edited May 2008

By the way Marsha -- I'm one of those ultra right wing, bible thumping Republicans. LOL!

• shokk
    edited May 2007

Sorry ok let me climb back up on my conservative platform....trying to dodge the visual impared people that have got hunting permits....rb.....

• ArmyNavyMom
    ArmyNavyMom Member Posts: 134
    edited May 2007
    Quote:

...why are they calling my son and others TERROISTS!??...

Oh Puppy, I just went and read that whole thread. Please don't cry. Tempers were flaring and I'm sure nobody meant to say your son is a terrorist. He is a wonderful person, doing his duty, following orders, and serving all of us. Take a deep breath, throw your shoulders back and be proud of him as only a mom can be! I love you and I understand.

I'm hiding under the table for your MRI - that isn't a strap that's holding you, it's my arms!

Hugs,
    Anne
  • shokk
    edited May 2007

Ok girls I am busy this morning but I simply cannot let this go........Puppy if it were not for your son, my dad, many of the women here brothers, sisters, their sons and daughters Rosie would never be aloud to not only talk about her personal life style, and her personal beliefs or even be on TV and her on personal blog without the fear of disappearing one day and never heard from again.......there are other people on other threads that have their beliefs.......that is what makes this country so freaking great........but don't let anyone push your buttons and question your son's importance and much less courage to go do a job that they THEMSELVES would never do........we love you......

• marshakb
    edited May 2007
    Always, LOL, hey registered Republican here too AND I'm a Christian to boot. I think you know I meant EXTREME people!

How odd is that shokk? A line memorizing, Shakesperean Thespian, Republican?????? There are more of us out there than you would think......teehee............Marsha
  • jasmine
    edited May 2008

Marsha, I did...I was just teasing you a bit. I'm who I am and I'm not offended when people don't like my beliefs or my opinions. All I ask is they respect my right to have them.

• suzfive
    suzfive Member Posts: 126
    edited May 2007

Hello All,

Well I had my onc appointment yesterday and he says everything looks good. Got a copy of my lab work and my WBC and RBC are still low. Has this happened to anyone else? Doc said it could take up to two years to get back to normal or this may be my "new normal". I feel fine but it worries me if I ever need chemo in the future. The AC and Taxol sent my counts plummeting and I had a whole lot more to start with then. I go back again in August and have a chest x-ray and Dexa scan. The best part of the visit was they got my blood with only one stick!

Amy and Robin - I am so happy for both of you! NED is a great dance partner.

Beth - you just take it easy. It was good that dh was there to help you. You will have an interesting story to tell at the ps.

Puppy - stay away from that thread and a big thank you to all who serve their country - nothing more honorable than putting yourself in harms way so that others can be free. Wishing you well with your MRI today - will be there holding your hand. Only good results allowed.

Jankay - loved your 9 things I hate about everyone. I am going to have to print that one.

Vickie - have fun at the farm. I always enjoy going on field trips with my son.

Shokk - what were they thinking - gun permits for blind people - I am all for equal opportunity but that is stretching it a bit don't ya think. Congrats to your daughter on being in the marching band.

Ishop1 (Sue) - your grandson cannot be that old already - doesn't seem like 4 weeks has gone by. How time flies. Sounds like your new job will be great and you will be able to help lots of women. Good for you.

Nicki - a walk by the lake sounds so good. Bet the water is really cold though - just to feel the sand on your feet would be nice. We need rain here too. Watering with the hose is just not the same. They say we might get some rain tomorrow - I hope so - grass is getting brown even with watering - but the weeds are growing like weeds!!

Okay, I am really behind in my work so off to try and catch up. The weather is finally getting nice so I don't want to spend it indoors working. I made a list of everyone and now I can't find it. I think I spend significant portions of the day looking for things that I cannot remember where I put them. So have a good day everyone especially those having tests, treatments, doc visits, etc.

Suz
  • AlaskaDeb
    AlaskaDeb Member Posts: 1,159
    edited May 2007
    hey ladies-

we are still in Michigan. we will fly home tomorrow and then we have the relay friday and saturday. I should be able to catch up with everyone on Sunday or Monday. I miss all of you. I hope that everyone is doing great. I kids said "say HI" to all of you from them

Hugs
    Deb C
  • shokk
    edited May 2007

Geez miss DebC.......where did Vickie go.....on another field trip......she's such a good mommie........where are our cruise sisters......I miss them........Ishop you sound so good.......looks like you are getting your know what together......don't stay gone too long......so Marsha.....you aren't one of those Moderates that can't decide between paper or plastic.....ha......love ya sweetheart.......ya'll are not going to believe this but we are having a big storm right now and I'm afraid we are going to lose electricity......no tornadoes but geez....we are under a flood warning for Dallas County....I really need to get back out in the yard and finish my ark.........Amy I could use some help.....don't really have the right kind of building tools......or wood...or skill to build an ark but will need two donkeys.....Liz this storm came down from OK hope you are ok....were are you by the way......NS beautiful pics of your flowers.....don't you love spring.......oh geez...phone....bbl.........

• shokk
    edited May 2007

Oh Suz blind people can have gun permits in TX this is allowing blind people to have "hunting permits"......oh yeh.....love my Texas........doing happy dance......that means they can shoot rifles.........non of those pesky little hand guns.....ha.......

• purplemb
    purplemb Member Posts: 593
    edited May 2007
    boss just came in CUL
    MB
  • susanmcm
    susanmcm Member Posts: 699
    edited May 2007

jasmine if you are going crazy i am too. i read all the posts and remember very little. glad you got rain!

• shokk
    edited May 2007

Puppy the guy that got on the aiplane with drug resistance TB now he is a terroist......geez..............

• sherloc
    sherloc Member Posts: 893
    edited May 2007
    Happy Wednesday ladies. I'M HOME!!!
    Had a fabulous time but got off the boat to bad news. My youngre sister was just dx with colon cancer. At this point her doctors are saying stage 1 but won't have final path until friday. She just had surgery yesterday.
    I HATE CANCER!!!!

Anywhos had a grand time and will post some pics on the pic thread in the next few days. No way I'm reading back can someone give me the Cliff Notes
    Love you all to bits and missed you terribly. Thought of you while I was whale watching and eagle gawking.
  • TheShopMama
    TheShopMama Member Posts: 276
    edited May 2007
    Morning is gone already!
    Vickie... now that is what my alarm clock usually looks like. I better send him back to you tonight! I was 10 minutes late for work this morning.

(((((Puppy))))) Your Rocky is a hero. And so are you. Did you feel us all in the MRI room with you this morning? Hope you aren't claustrophobic!

Gotta get back to work... hope you all have a great day!

Pam
  • shokk
    edited May 2007

yea sherlock is back......so sorry sweetheart about your sister......I hate cancer too........

• sahalie
    sahalie Member Posts: 1,145
    edited September 2008

• marshakb
    edited May 2007

Oh Cheryl, lucky you, Jersey Boys. It was running when we were in NYC last June but sold out and we couldn't get tickets. Same thing with The Color Purple which I soooo wanted to see. But great to know Jersey is touring I'm sure it will come to Orlando or Tampa too! Marsha

• Madison
    Madison Member Posts: 859
    edited May 2007
    Cheryl, my daughter saw Jersey Boys in New York...she loved, loved, loved the show. She went to New York (on my money) and all I got was a CD of the Jersey Boys musical....but I must say, I just love the music on the CD...
    I really think you will enjoy the musical.....
  • ArmyNavyMom
    ArmyNavyMom Member Posts: 134
    edited May 2007
    Could we put my FIL, MIL and DH in the center of the circle, please? I know I mentioned before my FIL had a stroke about a month ago. He was released from the rehab center on the 18th, and on the 20th they left (with the docs blessing) for a long planned Alaska cruise. My SIL went along to help them. Anyway, my FIL had another stroke on the ship and is now in a Seattle hospital. My SIL had to come home to get back to her boys (one autistic, one with Asbergers), so MIL is alone. We can't get my DH out there, and there is no telling if/when/how they are going to get home to Michigan. I hate feeling so helpless.

I know that there is a Plan for all our lives, I just don't understand it at the present, and I don't know how to help my MIL and DH.

This month really stinks.

Anne
  • sahalie
    sahalie Member Posts: 1,145
    edited September 2008