Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

TIME TO CIRCLE THE WAGONS GIRLS

Comments

• MargaretB
    MargaretB Member Posts: 771
    edited June 2007
    All is quiet here on the West Coast so thought I would check in.

Marsha, today my son showed me the song he had written so that my girlfriend's hubby (the one Quincy Jones wants to have collaborate with Whitney Houston) could listen to it. I'm actually impressed by the message in his songs but wish the language and content would be cleaned up so he's working on it. When he was going into HS, he wanted to go to the one known for it's football and I wanted him to go to the one known for its performing arts (Alicia Silverstone went there); he won. I looked for the posts on the other thread and couldn't figure out where they were - probably a good thing because I think I would have shown I have a temper.

Jan, I didn't know Sister Sledge was from Philly.

Vickie, don't stop - I love getting tucked in at night and would miss it if I didn't have it. A spider was running across my computer too - I sprayed compressed air to get him out of my way.....then he came back.

Marsha, thanks for posting the link. I just read Gina's article. I love your idea of signing him up for freebies.

Jeannie, I get people telling me I don't look my age all the time. Can't wait to see the pics.

Pam, hugs to you. Stay in the middle of the circle until you are ready to come out.

Cheryl, sounds like you had a good time on vacation.

Denise, sounds like you had fun at the walk.

Z, sounds like you have a great weekend planned for DH. Enjoy.

A big hello to Sheri, Gus/Sue, Boo/Sue, Mena (where are you?), CY (how are you feeling?), Jasmine, Rob (you're MIA too), Madison, Liz, Suz, Karen, Amy (hope your dad is doing ok); hope you are all having a good weekend.

We're going to a graduation party tonight. A friend of ours is doing the DJ music so he came over to borrow DH's truck. While he was here he was telling my hubby that the party giver had requested Hyfie music - anyone familiar with it? Well, it's a big deal for the kids here - I had to call my son to see if he had any so my hubby is now at the computer trying to burn some hyfie music - it's painful to watch him type at the computer so you can imagine what it's like to watch him burn a CD! Oh well, party should be fun. Back later.

Margaret
  • newvickie
    newvickie Member Posts: 2,941
    edited June 2007
    Hi Margaret...I'll keep tucking everyone in. I actually have fun with it. Have a good time tonight. Never heard of Hyfie music...could be interesting. Watching a man try to type is soooo painful. Their fingers just weren't made for a keyboard!
    Z...have a wonderful evening and a very happy, relaxing day tomorrow. Happy Fathers day to you DH.
    Liz...thank you for the update. Just wish we knew the results of her lump...worrying and praying.
    Lots of missing ladies tonight...hope you are all out in the sunshine having a wonderful time....Cheri, Susan, Mena, CY, Shel, Madison, Robin, Nicki...are you getting ready for bed?...Amy (worried about you and DD)...wow...lots of MIA's. Check in if you can so we don't worry or have to send out the posse. Speaking of posse...Jankay...where are you with the scooter?
    I'll be back.
    love
    Vickie
  • CherrylH
    CherrylH Member Posts: 189
    edited June 2007
    Vicki,
    I'm here. Packing away, made easier with a drink in hand. Have a good night. See you tomorrow.
    love,
    Cherryl
  • PuppyFive
    PuppyFive Member Posts: 539
    edited June 2007

God Bless, CG'S and good night xoxoxo Puppy
  • newvickie
    edited June 2007
    Good evening sisters,
    Well it's been an eventful full day. I didn't get a chance to sit down all day! I will say that everything is actually done though! House is cleaned, laundry is done, groceries are in their correct places, fridge is clean, pool is treated and running, two tired dirty boys, and I even washed and waxed the car and my garden tractor! Whew...tomorrow after church I am doing NOTHING...ALL DAY LONG! It's fathers day and I am mom and dad so I get two holidays to celebrate LOL.
    Pretty quiet in the circle today and I'm walking the perimeter to see if all is well. It's such a beautiful night, warm with a little breeze, the clouds are red (red sky at night, sailors delight...as my dear grandfather used to say)so hopefully we'll have another sunshiny day tomorrow. I smell bbq from all around the circle. Wonder who is cooking?
    Tucking Nicki in as I'm pretty sure she's off to dream land by now. Sweet dreams sunshine sister.
    Checking in on our Jankay...tucking her in and making sure the scooter is charged up as we may need to make a road trip if some girls don't check in soon.
    Puppy has gone off to bed after blessing so many ladies tonight...what would we do without you sweet lady? Letting Nate tuck you in and kiss your cheek...love ya and sweet dreams.
    CY's wagon is quiet and Nate wants to blow her a kiss too...be ready to catch it dear lady. Hope you are feeling ok. Sending prayers your way.
    Margaret is off to a party so I'll turn down the covers and leave her and DH some chocolate for when they return. Sleep well and see you in the morning.
    Denise is tired from her long day so I'm taking her my foot spa so she can soak her feet for a while along with some champagne and chocolate to celebrate with.
    Anne is getting the same treatment! What a great job!
    Deb is mighty quiet in her wagon and I miss her posts. Hope you are having a good weekend. I saw a sign today that Nate and I decided was perfect for you so we are working on it...LOL...just wait and see!
    Pam is getting excited about her day tomorrow...giving her and Miles a Xanex lollipop for a restful nights sleep and a prayer for a wonderful day tomorrow.
    Cheri's wagon has been really quiet today...what's up buttercup? Too much moonshine last night? Oh I know...you've run off with Jasmines relatives haven't you!!! Miss you...
    Jasmines wagon is somewhere out of sight...where are you hiding...we was just teasing bout Arkansas ya know! Get back here and tell us you're ok!
    I'd tuck Shel, Robin and Susan in if I could find them...looks like a posse to me...gonna have to duct tape them to the center once again.
    Beth is off to bed and feeling slightly better every day...good for you. Sweet dreams and it was great talking to you. Heeeheee...renting a phone hubby from her...isn't that the best idea!
    Suz needs tucking in or someone to kick everyone off the computer for her so she can come talk to us. Sweet dreams and see you in the morning.
    Madison is missing today too...busy busy busy...love ya sweet sister.
    Jan...where have you gone and disappeared too. Probably something fun that I'm missing LOL.
    Marsha...where are you and your humor...could use a little to keep me awake for a while tonight...need to crochet! Can't wait to come to Florida...
    Tucking Cherryl in now that she is done unpacking and home safe and sound. Welcome home...sweet dreams and love you too.
    Now where did Gus disappear too...hmmm...the girls around here are playing hide and seek...beginning to think there is a party going on that I don't know about.
    Shokks wagon has been quiet this afternoon...whats up with you girlie...not hiding in any closets or building your ark are you. There is actually a funny ark story that I will have to look up...later alligator.
    Jeannie...I will keep checking for the pics to come through and get them posted.
    Kristin's wagon is hiding somewhere here but our circle is so big I can't seem to find it...hope you are feeling well...blowing you a kiss.
    Liz is supposed to be popping back in but haven't seen her yet. Maybe she can find Susan for us.
    Tricia hasn't checked in today and I don't see her wagon either. Hmmmm...
    ok...runnin out of energy in a hurry here...gonna head off to lala land soon.
    I'll be up early to wake you all up LOL. Naw...I'll let you sleep in tomorrow...it's Sunday.
    Sorry to all I didn't get tucked in...your in my heart and my prayers.
    take some comfort from that and sleep well dear sisters.
    Love and hugs
    Vickie
  • RobinTN
    RobinTN Member Posts: 466
    edited June 2007
    HI Gals
    Sorry I have been awol for a few days but have been very busy.Spent all day wed at the hospital.Had shoulder xray,rt knee xray and bone scan.Bone scan was neg for mets Praise be to God.Knee xray shows a bone spur so guess that is what is causing the pain.And the shoulder that should not have been broken in the first place shows no change since it was broken,and future impengement.I am so going to sue them.No wonder it still hurts.
    When I got home finally wed after going to walmart and then to krogers karen had me another wonderful suprise.She got me the total gym I have so been wanting.It is right now sitting in my living room floor.I am going to make a room upstairs just for exercise equipement.
    Yesterday Jasmine got off work at noon so she and I attempted to go to yard sales but it kept raining.SO I only spent 4.00 for the day.Today I have been cleaning house,I shampooed the carpet cleaned the floors etc.It dosent look like I have done anything.Tomorrow I am going to work on my bedroom all day.I am pooped.
    again I had to reschedule my dentist appointment due to my platelets still being low.my onc wanted me to wait until the end of the month to have them pulled since I am having so many done.
    Baby Tesla got her first shots tuesday.I cant believe she is already 2 months old.Noelle got her 2 year old birthday pix made tonite.She will be two june 24 dosent seem like it either.
    Well gals I am gonna crack open a bud lite and retire for the night I am to pooped to pop.
  • silvergirl9114
    silvergirl9114 Member Posts: 310
    edited June 2007
    Vickie--
    Pics at the correct address now. Thanks for helping this poor tech challenged girl!
  • newvickie
    edited June 2007
    Jeannies cruise pictures!!!!
    Eagle gathering nesting material right outside our window in Homer. Wingspan is 7 feet!

That would be the frozen Arctic Ocean behind us.

College Fjord---that's David---isn't he cute? Don't remember which glacier that was, there were so many of them.

The way we will always remember Alaska.
  • neesie
    neesie Member Posts: 1,110
    edited April 2008
    Vickie: LMAO at that one!! Sarah is my type of DD! It sounded just like you were describing my Kids 'sperm donor.'
    In fact, if you don't mind I'm going to send that one to my DD! I just don't understand how they can do that to their kids. I call him 'Idiot'........and everyoned knows who I'm talking about. The sad thing is, he has hurt my kids so many times.......He hasn't seen my GD in 2 years because he can't afford the gas! We're talking 50 miles. The clincher is, he rents a little 600sq. foot shack for $200 month. (family owned), worked for GM for 29 years. Took the buyout, retirement thing last fall and had his car repossessed because he 'just doesn't have any money.' He has been single for over 24 years and he sure as hell didn't spend it on child support...............!
    My kids always got me Father Day Cards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hugs,
    Denise
  • SheriH
    SheriH Member Posts: 472
    edited June 2007
    Hi girls, not MIA, but also been busy. Had some interesting experiences the last couple of days.

First of all, yesterday I got pulled over by a policeman! I haven't been pulled over in over 10 years, it was kind of strange. Thankfully I didn't get hauled off to jail, just a "fix it" ticket since my tags were expired. Oops. Unfortunately, that wasn't in our budget this week!

The other experience was pretty amazing. I went to my very first "Relay for Life". It is a pretty big event in our small town. I really didn't think much of it since I've been out of tx for almost 2 years now, but for some reason I had an epiphany while I was there. They had a ceremony where they called every single survivor one at a time down and gave them a flower and a medal and had our pictures taken with 2 of the main tx doctors here in town, both of which I had. Then we all took a survivor lap together and ended up at the survivor tent for a reception. For some reason it just hit me-- all of these people were doing this for ME! All of the relay teams, booths, volunteers, etc, were to help ME stay alive. Later, at the luminary ceremony, they lit all the candles and just shut the lights off and read the names of all those who died and those who were still alive. It was very moving. Someone, I suspect who, had bought a luminary for me. We ended up staying until 11:30 and Micah wanted to stay longer. All the survivors were wearing purple t shirts and I think Micah was proud of me. He seemed to think I was special. I never really thought of it all that way before. There were a couple of cute team names. One was CSI for Cure Seeking Investigators. Another was Warrant-Cancer Patrol.

I guess the whole survivor thing has always made me a little uncomfortable. I don't really feel like I did anything special, just followed the tx my drs recommended. This kind of gave me a new perspective. Seeing survivors like that gives non cancer patients hope in case it ever happens to them.

I took a couple of pictures and may try to post them later. Sorry for rambling, but it was pretty cool.
  • newvickie
    edited June 2007
    Denise...when she called me and told me what she was doing I laughed so hard I nearly fell off the porch...she is a quick witted one all the way...funny as all getout all the time...tell your kids to feel free to use that one on their "dear fathers"...the cd is on the walmart website for 10 bucks...a special buy. Just type in Johnny Cash heehee.
    Love
    Vickie
  • newvickie
    edited June 2007

well...welcome home Robin and Sheri...we missed you! talk to you tomorrow...too tired now...wayyyyy past my bedtime LOL.

• Tricia
    Tricia Member Posts: 103
    edited June 2007
    Lost post!!! Crap I hate that. Shortened verdion:

I wasn't able to get my back MRI yesterday. I had told them about the surgery and expandible implant. When I got there, they said the drain might have metal, so they did a quick xray and determined it did. PS was in surgery, so we just decided to postpone it. No big deal, really. I am 90% sure it is old disc/sciatica pain, for which they probably won't have a suggestion I haven't tried already. I just wanted to have it checked out since I have hit the out of pocket max ($10,000.00) for the year with my ins. Heck, I may have a colonoscopy before years end just for fun.
    I still have my juice collection device, but I think today I am down to 30cc, so it can't be long now, right?

Vickie, I emailed the a$$hole the last time. I told him he was rude and dishonest since he agreed to conditions when he registered then ignored them. I told him I hoped his business failed miserably. He emailed me back and said then don't donate. I am ready to take it to the next level.
    *off to check my spam folder*
    Tricia
  • Odalys
    Odalys Member Posts: 929
    edited June 2007
    Okay – I finally have a few minutes to sit at the computer and boy am I tired! Had another busy day…first the relatives showed up and yes they were selling some type of dietary supplement. You know…a cure all in a bottle. DH ended buying some. They are so predictable. I had a feeling they were up to something specially since they never call not even when I was going through treatments.

House cleaning…Not anymore, I pay someone to clean my house once a week. She started when I was going through chemo and I decided to keep her. Yes, this is how I splurge but since I work hard all week I don’t want to spend my weekends cleaning house. Now, if I had money I would hire a cook.

Puppyfive – Bubba is one mean, ugly dog. Is he your dog?

Z – you are leaving your hubby for BUBBA? Oh my, what has DH done?

TheShopMama – Glad to see Craig is loved. (((((hugs)))))

Iris – I don’t think we’ve met. Welcome.

Adrionna – wow… you were up early and on a Saturday morning.

Nicki – I know what you mean about the medical bills catching up. I now also have Cobra payments and last week I had to rush to the dentist again. This time for another root canal and crown… 3 this year. Yikes…does it ever end? Did you loose 15 lbs by walking daily or are you still on the South Beach diet?

Betty – Did you find a nice pair of shoes? It seems us ladies never have enough shoes or clothes to wear.

Madison – I hope you had a good visit with your dad. Dad’s are so special. Sorry to hear your daddy is ill. (((((hugs)))))

Kristin – hope you had a good day by your self.

Colleen – Someone came to your house selling something at night? Sounds strange. Please be safe.

I know I am missing so many CG’s, sorry I send you you all a great big gentle hugh. I am exhausted and need to get Steven ready for bed. He is such a night owl…it’s in his genes.

Good night CG's.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 1,233
    edited June 2007
    Good evening ladies. Sounds like most of you had busy days. I haven't been sleeping well lately so I went to bed very late last night and didn't get up until afternoon! I shared the computer with Amber this afternoon so I haven't had a chance to be on here. Looks like a pretty slow day and evening. Nothing going on around here, same day, yet different day. But it is another quiet night. It's kinda nice that the boys go to their dads every week-end to get that much-needed break, but I start missing them way before it's time for them to come home. I dont know how some of you deal with adult children & grandchildren living out of state. Luckily, I have a dd that's too big of a baby to move away and leave her mama.

Wow. I just saw Susan Sarandon advertising BCO on tv. I'd never seen any commercials for this site and Susan Sarandon's a big star. It was a short ad but I wish they'd play it again. Hummm. For all I know it's been running for a long time I've just never seen it. Cool.

Wishing everyone a restful night.

pals
    cheri
  • MargaretB
    MargaretB Member Posts: 771
    edited June 2007
    Back from party; it was nice but cold.

Odalys, I'm with you. I have a housekeeper too; my son pays for her every two weeks. The woman even cleans my refrigerator and folds my laundry then goes to my sister's house (sis lives three blocks from me) and cleans hers. Splurge, yes, but you know what, my house is clean at the same time; when I clean it, I never finish cleaning the whole thing.

Oh, I meant to tell you ladies that Gina's mom is visiting so she's been busy with her. I'm sure she'll check in when she gets a chance.

Night all.

Margaret
  • jankay
    jankay Member Posts: 789
    edited June 2007
    marsha
    if u dont care will u pm me your email
    have something for u
  • socallisa
    socallisa Member Posts: 10,184
    edited June 2007
    We just returned home to San Diego from New England..we had a great time...looks like lots of us have been away..I will try to catch up tomorrow..

Here is a picture I took of the light house at York Beach in Maine..

• jankay
    edited June 2007
    VICKI
    YOUR DAUGHTER SOUNDS LIKE SHE TAKES AFTER U~!~~~~!!!!!
    SCOOTER IS READY FOR POSSEE RUN
    I WOULD ABSOLUTELY HATE TO MAKE U GUYS MAD AT ME YOU ARE MEAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    IF THEIR IS AN EARTHQUAKE 2 MORROW I AM GOING TO GO TO CHURCH SO GOD WILL BE IN SHOCK@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    LOVE TO ALL
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 2,728
    edited June 2007

Good Morning Everyone: Sunday mornings always have a special feel to them. Even when ya get up early. Im hoping everyone has had a good weekend so far. My muscles are a little sore this morning - think maybe I just did too much yesterday. It sure seemed like a good idea at the time.

Pam: Sounds like your enjoying the weekend. Just being out and doing things is good. Have fun today at the water park.

Suz: Sounds like we are having the same weather except, didnt get no brief shower here. My grass and flowers are pretty dry. I hate when ya have a brief shower - its seems to put more humidity in the air, which really does make it seem hotter than it is. I dont tolerate humidity very well.

Vickie: Melted fudgsicles and black spiders? Oh my! I laughed out loud with the story about your daughter and Johnny Cash sings bible tunes. Pretty funny indeed.

Denise: Good job with all the walking. Sounds like you all had a nice time. Mary is such a nice person. I have never her met her which is so silly cause she lives pretty close to me, but I know her from these boards.

Z: Sounds like you are having a nice Fathers Day Week-End. The stirfry sounds delicious and so does the cheesecake.

Liz: Thanks for the update on Gina. Company is good. At least many of us wont worry anymore.

MargaretB: OK! Now I feel really old. What is Hyfie music? Sounds like they are playing the old 45's on a hifi sterio. Its the Paris Hilton thread in Moving Beyond and to be honest you arnt missing much. Most of it is pretty darn funny - just one bad seed who always tries to spoil the pot.

Cheryl: Sounds like your vacation was alot of fun. Always like being near the Ocean - gives me a sense of calm and relaxation. I always hate coming back home and unpacking. So where are ya moving to?

Robin: Glad you popped in to say hello. What does it mean "no inpengement?" You would think by now, there would be some healing. Dang - fx shoulders hurt. When I read what you did today, I got tired!

Jeannie: Those pictures are great, but it sure looks cold. The Eagle is magnificent. Looks like you had a grand time.

Sheri: Sounds like you had a great time at the Relay For Life walk. It must be amazing being surrounded by so many survivors.

Tricia: My drain came out when it was 30cc or less in 24 hours - so Im hoping yours drain comes out soon. You will feel so much better. Sorry about the MRI being cancelled. Cant believe that idiot sent you an email back saying "then dont donate." My goodness - hoping he only has one computer - cause then Melissa and Tami can get his IP number and block him from coming back here.

Odalys: All I can say is thank goodness for Cobra. It is well worth it. The insurance I have is pretty crappy but at least I have insurance. Something has changed in the insurance world. I have a PPO - most expensive one offered. Spending almost $800.00/month for me and my husband. I always thought PPO's meant the doctors and hospitals who participated accepted payment and wrote off the rest. This plan is just like having private insurance. I keep getting bills for the 20% my insurance didnt pay. Just doesnt make sense to me. Everytime I see my onc I have a $40.00 copay, and then get a bill for what the insurance didnt cover. This is such big business and makes me crazy.

Cheri: I was wondering where you were yesterday. You really sound like you are a night person. Even if you tied me to the bed, I would be getting up with the sunrise. Do you know what is going on with Susan? Have been missing her and worried about what is going on.

LisaSoCal: My goodness, time just flies by. It seems like you were just leaving for your trip. That picture is fabulous - just how I picture New England to be. Welcome home.

Jankay and Vickie: WAKE UP sunshine sisters!

Just got a little tired, think I might go take a nap before I go for my walk. Hope you all have a great day.

Nicki
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 1,233
    edited June 2007
    Nicki and Vickie, Susan went to St. Louis this week-end. Her brother lives up there and she was going out with Christine while she was there. I think she posted it last week but there's so many pages it's hard to remember everything. But she's ok. I'd forgotten about Ginas Mother coming this week-end so that probably is why she hasn't posted.

pals
    cheri
  • jankay
    edited June 2007
    good morning nicki
    blowing trumpet for vicki
  • BRSTN
    BRSTN Member Posts: 165
    edited June 2007
    I'm here, too. But I need to go make breakfast. BBL.

Betty
  • joy1122
    joy1122 Member Posts: 189
    edited June 2007
    Good Morning Girls,
    Beth- I will try to call you sometime today. I did get the message that you called. We have so much going on this weekend.
    We were suppose to go to a party yesterday but decided not to. Kevin went to the mall with his friends. DH and I decided to get drunk on the deck. Felt good! A little too good! I ended up in the pool thank God I did leave my clothes on!LOL! I don't feel too bad today. Thought I would be dying. I did a little crying and I am feeling stronger today.I have a new favorite drink for the summer it is called Mojito.
    Denise-Sounds like you had a great time. I felt the same way when we did the Mother's day walk. It is amazing to see so many surviors in one place.It is a warm fuzzy feeling.
    Kevin's surgery is tomorrow at 1:30. I wanted to be the early one but that's how it goes. It is a 4 to 6 hour operation. Please keep him in your prayers tomorrow.
    I will try to post tonight. Hope you are all having a great weekend.
    Joyce
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 2,728
    edited June 2007

Well I got a good early start this morning. Didnt go back to bed. Went for my morning walk with my dog. It was alot harder today as not only is it hot, but the humidity in 67%. I really sweaty right now. Gonna cool down a bit then walk to the 7-11 for Sunday newspapers.

Cheri: thanks for the update on Susan. Seems like during the work week, I miss alot of posts, so Im glad she is ok.

Good Morning Betty! Breakfast sounds so good. As I was walking my dog, I could smell the scent of breakfast in the neighborhood. Probably alot of people making breakfast for fathers day. It sure smelled good.

Joyce: Im smiling. It was good you had some drinks and ended up in the pool with your clothes on. Sometimes we all need to do that. Will be right there with you tomorrow for Kevins surgery.

Husband is taking the cover off the pool right now and I need to go get the Sunday papers. Hoping everyone is having a nice Sunday Morning.

Nicki
  • newvickie
    edited June 2007
    good morning sunshine sisters...you are not going to believe this...8am I wake up...turn on the television to check the weather...it's on tvland and guess whats playing...GREEN ACRES THEME SONG!!! AAAUUGGHHH. I laughed so hard I nearly fell outta bed. I had to lay there and watch for a bit but I knew it was you girls telling me to get up! What a coincidence huh...truly happened too...check out tv guide...Green acres at 8am on tvland. Who woulda thought!
    Think I'll sneak over to Betty's for breakfast. I decided to do nothing today but crochet and paint. I work constantly and I need a break so it's cereal for breakfast, off to church, leftover pizza for lunch and leftover chicken bbq for dinner. I got it made today LOL.
    Nicki...my daughter has a hilarious sense of humor...she can pop off with things at the drop of a hat. I worked as a waitress when she was little so she spent most of her time with truck drivers and she can keep up with the best of them LOL. She's never mean but she can leave people wondering every now and then.
    Jankay...awww...we'd never be mean or hurt you...we only get even with those that hurt us.
    I must admit that I have been especially angry this week which is really unusual for me. I am really angry about DD and her plans for August that I won't get into yet as I don't know what's going to happen. I have been angry at work over the total lack of concern for the missing money (that was found and is ok), angry over everything I guess. Gonna go to church today and leave my anger there. Let God take care of it.
    Gotta run...need a shower, hungry and Nate is still asleep...I knew he'd be tired after yesterday!
    Love ya all and I'll be back
    Vickie
  • newvickie
    edited June 2007
    Joyce...let Kevin know that he will be going on our famous magic carpet ride in the morning. Cheri is a great driver (if you're a kid LOL). We will all be praying for a wonderful outcome and God will listen. I will say a special prayer at church this morning for him, you and your entire family.
    Love
    Vickie
  • beth1225
    beth1225 Member Posts: 402
    edited June 2007
    Good morning girls! I am making this a quick one becuase I need to go back to sleep for a little. We have to go to Sam's Club and get stuff for home, for my mom and a dessert for the BBQ at oldest ss house. Can't wait to see the kids! I will take pics and upload them.

Anyway, yes...it seems my hubby is ok with being a phone-a-husband. I told Vickie if she needs pointers with stuff around the house she is too far for him to travel to but will walk her through her problem to get it fixed. He is so good at helping over the phone like that....oops, now don't get any wrong ideas! But he's good at that too, hehehe!

OK, time for two MIA reports. I talked to Ishop/Sue yeserday afternoon. She is ok but tired, dd and gs just left to go back to Connecticut and she said she will try to post pics of her little "butterball"! She is waiting on getting an MRI (I think) scheduled and we are all praying for ti to be just arthritis. She starts her new job at the hospital next week. But boy she never stops! When I caught up with her, she had been to breakfast with a friend and her day included her nails and the gym too! Whew, I got tired just hearing her scheduel. We are going to try to meet up for lunch in a couple weeks so any other gals near Cherry Hill wanna come out and play too? Let one of us know.

I spoke to Mena last night , FINALLY. Her computer still had a problem so she had not been on. The Xeloda treatment is nearing its course end and the SE's have been pretty devastating. The past week she has been too tired to do anything. Kind of put a load of laundry in and then back to bed. The Tykerb is too new to know if the se's are normal or not but all in all she is just tired. She also has her days and nights a little mixed up too. House is still on the market. Ex is making her a little nuts. Dawn had been out to Knoebels (sp?) amusements for the day and we got off the phone when she got in. But it was sure to talk to her. She said to send her best to evryone and she thinks of everyone always.

OK< I know this was supposed to be quick! Oh well...so much for that!

I keep meaning to say a big Thank You especially to Shokk. Your posts are so great because you eally remind me about how everyday life happens around us and involves us all. You are insightful and put a great spin on everything. I look forward to "seeing" you every day.

Back to bed for a couple of hours, I hope. Youngest ss is here and one of these I will vent about his mother but not right now. Need a nap. Very bad night's sleep. BBL with pics, I hope.
  • beth1225
    beth1225 Member Posts: 402
    edited June 2007
    I forgot, thank you Jeannie and Lisa for posting those pics. I know we will need to put off a vacation until we can actually afford one so it is great I can experience it vicariously through yoor photos.
  • marshakb
    marshakb Member Posts: 796
    edited June 2007

Joyce, we will all crowd on the magic carpet and fly with Kevin to the hosp. Keeping in him my prayers. OH and I love mojito's. Even had it with a splash of cranberry which mixes well with the mint! Hugs, Marsha