Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

TIME TO CIRCLE THE WAGONS GIRLS

Comments

• susanmcm
    susanmcm Member Posts: 699
    edited June 2007
    Hi all,
    I haven't been able to read yet, but I wanted to let you know i'm here. I went to St. Louis and met Christine for the Komen walk. We had a great time. I met a lot of her family and they are all as nice as she is. An then she took me and my family out to eat and I gained back all the weight I lost on my diet but it was worth it. It was her family's restaurant. Outstanding. My brother was even nice to me. What a great weekend. I really needed that.

I will read back for a few pages and see if I can catch up....or just start from here.
  • k4katz
    k4katz Member Posts: 158
    edited June 2007
    Bubba is the best! You just have to love that face!

Sorry to hear about Jen. I did not know her but it is always disheartening to hear of a sister passing. Cheri, thanks for sharing a little bit about her. I will keep her and her family in my prayers.

Tgirl, I am with you on Jersey! It may be a highly populated and sometimes kinda crowded state, but that is only because there is so much good stuff here!

Margaret, I hope your mother’s access port holds out for a long long time!

Betty, funny story about what your friend said. Reminded me of a friend who asked me how far along I was in chemo. When I told her I was done, she just blurted out ‘Wow that went FAST!’ I gave her a look and said ‘For YOU, maybe!’ She felt so bad….didn’t even realize what she was saying until it was already out!

Marsha, hope your rads are going well!

Shokk, still pulling for your dad and hoping that he recovers quickly!

Amy, still pulling for your dad too. Hopefully he will get a little bit stronger with each passing day!

Sheri, trying on swimsuits, ugh! I finally found a swimsuit that I like…it is from Land’s End and it is kind of like a apir of shorts and a tank top made with quick drying material. The shorts are made so that there is a lining that fits close so you don’t have to worry about inadvertently mooning anyone. I love it because it hides all my problem areas!

Vickie, hope your headache is gone!

(((Puppy))), I hope your appointment goes well tomorrow.

Jankay, sounds like you did some great stuff today! You deserve a treat….chocloate, ice cream, whatever you like!

Hopefully I have mostly caught up with everyone! I have been so busy at work and so tired at night that it is a challenge to keep up with this chatty group! But you are all in my thoughts, all day long.

Love ya!
    Kristin
  • Madison
    Madison Member Posts: 859
    edited June 2007
    Just popping in to ask Shokk and Vickie to make room in the closet....19,000 cloud to ground lightening strikes in the last hour.......bbl (weather permitting)

Also, checking to see if we have heard anything from Joyce...
  • neesie
    neesie Member Posts: 1,110
    edited April 2008
    Evening to all!

If this slowness on the boards is what they meant by "improving" them.......I want the old one back!

Joyce: So wish we would hear something about Kevin's surgery. I'm positive all went well....he just has so many Aunties out here worrying.

Puppy: You know we'll by there with the Magic Carpet tomorrow. Certainly you are scared.......but sounds like you are in great hands with your Doc. Praying for you.

I'm sorry to hear that another Sister has lost her battle. Blessings to her family.

Cheri: Very nice post on Jen. I can tell that she meant alot to you. So sorry.

Amy: Sounds like your Dad is doing better. Are they going to wait until he regains some strength before they decide on the surgery?

Margaret: Glad to hear that you Mom's surgery went well. I was thinking it was on her eye, but then I read something that made me think otherwise.

Marsha: By now you are done with your first Rad Treatment. I hope you're a bit more relaxed now.........Thinking of you!

Alwayshope: Do you have any idea why I have the words, "Love carpet with a dash after your name???? For now, hope all is well and I'll be back when I decipher my own notes!

Tricia: WOOHOO..........Drains out! You are doing so good with healing and with Attitude!!

Puppy: Forgot to mention that I loved the pic and prayer you posted earlier.

Betty: What are friends for???????? Poor thing must have been mortified! I'm known for sticking my foot in my mouth!Your conference sounds tiring and interesting. Sure would be nice if you met some of the MO girls. And all this followed by a "not" surprise party for DH!

Shokk: Glad that your Dad's Hip surgery went well. Loved the Birth Control joke!! Give him hugs from all of us!

Nicki: Yikes! It's actually possible to stay with one man for 29 years!! I thought I was setting a world record for almost 6 years!!

Susan and Christine: Loved the pics! How nice that you got to meet, eat and walk together!

Deb: You are going to LOVE BUBBA!!!! Our new Mascot! Where are you going camping?

Lisa: You take great pics and you go on some very nice vacations! Always enjoy looking at them!

Vickie: Take cover...........storms all over.

MB: Your pond sounds wonderful! I have a pond out back...only filled with muck and snapping turtles......and wifes body parts when she wacks out the Visa!!!!

JanKay: Sure sounds like you had a workout and a half today! Good for you!

Thanks to all for the "compliments" on my dryer repair!! I actually told my DH that I posted the pic......embarrassed him quite nicely!!

Odalys: Um........thanks for the compliment on my little one....Granddaughter..not daughter!!

Suz: Gonna look up Redford, we may not be to far apart when you visit your Dad! Keep in touch!

Good night to all!

Hugs,
    Denise
  • newvickie
    newvickie Member Posts: 2,941
    edited June 2007
    hmmm...these storms heading our way again are looking really ominous...moving over to make room for Madison and anyone else who whats to take cover. (oops...sorry Shokk...I'm in your closet and inviting guests...pretty forward of me huh! got any blue drinks?)
    Still hungry...think we might go have ice cream LOL! I'll be back to catch up and tuck ya all in for the night...IF we still have power...If I don't return well you'll just have to tuck yourself in and know I'm thinkin of you...all hunkered down in Shokks closet LOL!
  • socallisa
    socallisa Member Posts: 10,184
    edited June 2007
    Hola guapas!!Como estamos??

I tried to answer the topic at the top of this page about volunteering for the Padres Game. There was an email address for a lady at BCO..I tried to send the email as they requested four times and nothing worked..came back noone by that name at BCO..so I sent a message to Melissa and never heard anything..what am I doing wrong???????
  • Biker54
    Biker54 Member Posts: 1,042
    edited June 2007
    These boards are moving slower than slow!!!!

SoCal, thanks for the pics from Maine. We are going to Maine in July! I can't wait.

Cheri, that was a very nice post you wrote about Jen. I didn't know her, but if she was a friend of yours, enough said! Very sad to learn of her passing.

I'm at work right now and they are calling for the same storms that Vickie is going to get. Of course they will hit as soon as I am in the car ready to go home . I hate driving in the rain, especially at night.

I'll check in tomorrow. No time right now. My thoughts are with Kevin today. I hope his surgery went ok.
    Good night all!
  • karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,604
    edited June 2007
    Good afternoon CG's

It is HOT here in Denver - around 92 and tomorrow it is supposed to be in the high 90's!!!! Ugh - we have field day at work tomorrow and I am supposed to help. I told the PE teacher that she needed to put me in the shade - Luckily, I am only signed up for the morning. I hope I survive. This afternoon I was in my garden at work with a student and after 5 minutes, I was spent. Only 2 more days with kids and 3 more days till I am done for the summer. I have 7 weeks off - can't complain as that is more than a 12 month job, but less than a traditional school calendar. I do enjoy the extra time off during the year - except these past two years they have been filled with medical procedures for me. Looking forward to next year with nothing planned!!!!
    I am so sorry to hear about Jan from Chat. I went to chat a few times last year, but haven't been there since. As others said, it is so sad when a sister looses her battle. 44 is way too young. My sympathies are with her family. Cheri - I am so sorry that you lost your good friend.
    Marsha - how was your first rads?
    Jankay - you had quite some workout today. Rest up.
    Tgirl - be as "pissy" as you want. But I do hope you are feeling better soon. I know most of us have been in a "pissy funk" one time or another - and some of us more than others.
    Margaret - hope your mom's new access port holds up.
    Shokk- funny birth control joke!!! glad to hear that your dad's surgery went well. I sure hope that he has an easy recovery and is up and about soon.
    Puppy - HUGS - will be with you at your appt tomorrow. Who is driving the magic carpet? don't forget that I am on mountain time, so I may need a little extra wake up call.
    Liz - welcome home to your DS
    Amy - hope that your dad does not need open heart surgery, but if he does, hoping it goes well with an easy recovery.
    Sherndon - I haven't bought a swimsuit for several years. I have a couple tankinies from when Miriam was little (she is now 9). I tried them on the other day and the tops leave a lot to be desired with the uneven implants. but I am too cheap to go buy a new one. don't really wear swimsuits much and of course didn't put one on last year.
    Gina - any news on your test results? Enjoying your visit with your mother?
    MB - wow - the tattoo sounds beautiful. Enjoy!
    Susan - the pics of you and Christine were beautiful. Glad you two had a good time and were able to meet.
    Christine - what type of restaurant does your family have?

I have now been off the Tamox for 11 days and I am feeling better. Sure wish I could stay off the meds for good, but I am too scared of the consequences- the risk is just too high. I am going to enjoy the next couple weeks before I start the Aromasin - have about another 1 1/2 - 2 weeks off the meds. I sure hope the Aromosin is better than Femara and Arimidex. Its amazing how much feeling good can affect the mental attitude.
    Nicki, Vickie, Betty, Silka, Kristin, Denise, Tricia, Z, Cy, Beth, Suz, Jan, SolCalLisa, Deb, Tracey, Shel, Pam, Anne, Cheryl Holt, Jeannie, Joyce, Odalys, Madison and all the other sisters - you are never far from my thoughts. I love you all and love the support that everyone offers each other. The CG's are the best. Hugs for everyone. Karen in Denver
  • Boo46
    Boo46 Member Posts: 261
    edited June 2007
    Evening all
    Well I went for my BS check up today. Didn't have a panic attack this time but did start crying (again) when discussing how I'm doing. I really do believe I have some post tramatic stress from all this. I mean geese I have no new symptoms, my breast MRI was good, physical by doc was good and I still broke down in tears. Haven't found that strong survivor type person everyone talks about. So good news is she reduced my checks with her to every 6 months. Bad news is she thinks I should go back on antidepressants. And I was so happy to get off of them! Promised her I would think about it.
    Betty - amazing the stupid thigs people say isn't it!
    Shokk - So glad your dad did well
    Puppy - thank you for the beautiful prayer. We will all be with you tommorrow. Sending you hugs, good thoughts and prayers.
    Amy - Glad dad is getting stronger
    Lisa - Nice pictures. It looks so peaceful
    Marsha - Hope your first day of rads went well
    Cheri - Many hugs to you. It sounds like Jen was a wonderful person
    Sheri - Ugghh not the dreaded swim suit shopping trip! Haven't attempted yet to find a mast suit. Not looking forward to it either
    Joyce and Kevin - hope all went well today. Hugs to you both.
    MB - Your pond sounds so beautiful. I have a pond in the back also but it is actually suppose to be a swimming pool! Have had a major algea bloom and something is wrong with the pool pump. So it is bright green. Yesterday found tons of floating eggs. Today there are tadpoles! Won't DH have a fun surprise when he gets back tommorrow.
    Susan - Welcome back
    Madison - wow don't send that storm this way!
    Hi to everyone else I missed. Hope all are well.
    Sue
  • lizws
    lizws Member Posts: 789
    edited June 2007
    Okay girls, make more room in the closet. Winds are up to 100 mph just west of us moving this way. The boards are so slow so don't worry about me unless I don't show up tomorrow.

Hugs and Prayers
    Liz
  • Madison
    Madison Member Posts: 859
    edited June 2007

Liz, we may need Shokk's ark by the time this storm passes.....oh my, house is shaking....

• lizws
    edited June 2007
    Geez! softball size hail? That's what they're saying. Guess I'll be up most of the night with the dog unless I dope him up. Heck - I may just dope us both up. LOL

Be safe - BBL
    Hugs
  • socallisa
    socallisa Member Posts: 10,184
    edited June 2007

Hang on ladies..this sounds scary...

• jankay
    jankay Member Posts: 789
    edited June 2007
    I SEND A SPECIAL PRAYER FOR MY FAMILY THAT IS IN THE STORMIY AREA. EVERYBODY SHOULD HOPE THAT SHOKK DOESNT CHARGE RENT FOR HER CLOSET. SHE WOULD GET RICH
    U KNOW IT IS UNBELIVABLE WHAT A NAP AND SUPPER WILL DO FOR U.
    PUTTING THE ENTIRE WAGON CIRCLE UNDER AN UMBRELLA
    GOOD NIGHT ALL AND BE SAFE
  • newvickie
    edited June 2007
    oh my...popping out of the closet just for a minute as another storm is on it's way...I can hear the thunder coming down the valley. This is amazing!!! Hail, wind, lightning...the works...
    Just had to tell everyone to have a good night, sweet dreams and I'll see ya in the morning...may blow me all the way to Jan's house so you'd better check the yard in the mornin to see if I'm out there!
    Love ya all...shuttin back down before I lose my post
    Vickie
  • lizws
    edited June 2007
    Night kids - storming here so I'm going to drug the dog and turn off the puter.

Anyone south and south east of me - hold on. It's all moving your way.

Hugs and Prayers
    Liz
  • MargaretB
    MargaretB Member Posts: 771
    edited June 2007
    Puppy, I'll be on the carpet - who is driving - Cheri?

Jankay, good for you on the walking. Keep it up girl.

Susan, I saw the pic of you and Christine. How nice that you got to meet up with her.

I was sorry to hear about Jen. I didn't know her but it hurts when I hear about another sister losing the battle.

Madison, Vickie, and Shokk, how can you stand the stormy weather? You all have had more than your share lately. And now Liz too. Give me my earthquakes that only happen once in a great while.

Quiet around the circle tonight. I'll take a last walk around before i turn in.

Love you guys.

Margaret
  • shokk
    shokk Member Posts: 790
    edited June 2007

Good stormy evening to everyone.....I am probably the only one here tonight cause I'm not sure but I think I hear giggling in my closet......I think I heard someone say "penis" and then a bunch of giggling.......it just has to be Vickie but I think Liz and Madison and probably Alwayshope are in there too......geez girls......I swear ya'll act like a bunch of middle school girls......I think ya'll are texting each other so I can't hear what ya'll are saying.....kids these days.......been trying to catch up....Jankay I tried to take a nap when I got home but for some reason couldn't go to sleep and I feel sooooo tired...think I'm too tired......worried about Padre even though he is doing very well........he told me that if anything happens to me that he and my stepmom have made arrangements to take care of the girls......I just smiled at him and told him not to mention that to the older child because the next time I need chemo she will be ah mom you don't need any chemo let's try alternative medicine....yeh sure........not...........just kidding guys......anyway I forgot to mention to Susan and Cheri that when the oldest was driving down from WI to Texas she said the most beautiful state was MO........I have been wanting to go to Branson maybe some weekend a bunch of us could get together and meet......maybe around the holidays.....it must be beautiful there at Christmas........ok guys daughters are bugging me.......good night everyone........going to slip some Baileys into the closet.....its the only thing I have.....see ya later gators.....love ya.........

• snowmen_n_thongs
    snowmen_n_thongs Member Posts: 367
    edited June 2007
    still somewhere!!!!
    i cant read back that far
    holy cow!
    tracey
  • karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,604
    edited June 2007
    Been meaning to write this for the past two days and keep forgetting, but I am now remembering so thought I would pop in and share this annoying comment that I saw in a story in the local newspaper and boy did it un-nerve me. There was an article on a woman who has tinnititis (sp) and she is talking about how awful it is and goes on to say that sometimes she wishes that she had cancer as there are more treatment options. OMG - I can't even imagine wishing I had cancer - and I had cancer. Yes we had treatment options, but the last I knew about tinnititis, it was not life threatening!!!! Talk about dumb comments.
    Hoping the gals in the storms way are all safe and sound in there houses and no damage from the storms. Send some rain this way - it is HOT and DRY in Denver - high 90's and way too much sun.
    Sweet dreams to all the CG's. Karen in Denver
  • newvickie
    edited June 2007
    Crawling out of Shokks closet...pretty dark in there and I really wasn't sure who all was in there with me! Yup...lots of giggles. My internet just started working again...yippee.
    Puppy...firing up the magic carpet for ya this morning. Don't you worry a bit...we will all be there with you holding your hand. You are going to be just fine.
    Jankay, Karen and Madison have appointments today too so we are gonna have a full magic carpet.
    Z is meeting with a new oncologist...where are ya Z...you can't be AWOL on us you know...we have posses to track girls down who don't check in and make us worry.
    Tracey! Where have you been! What's new and exciting in your life other than work and deliquent kids?
    Karen...what a stupid thing to say. People are amazing sometimes. It's funny...with all the storms we've had bouncing around we have actually had very little rain. My lawn is turning brown. It's weird. Lots of lightning, wind etc.
    Nicki and Jankay...tweaking your toes sunshine girls. Where is Suz and Betty? They are ususally up too!
    Margaret walked the perimenter last night to check on everyone...glad Jankay put the umbrella over the circle to keep us all dry.
    Gotta run...off to work I go.
    Love ya all
    Vickie
  • BRSTN
    BRSTN Member Posts: 165
    edited June 2007
    Good Morning,

I'm here. Just can't get my fingers to work this am.

Hugs,

Betty
  • k4katz
    k4katz Member Posts: 158
    edited June 2007
    Good morning! Doing my morning fly-by....have tons to do at work so just popping in to say hi and will hopefully catch up more this evening!

Had some wicked storms last night....hope everyone survived! I am fine except for being tired from lack of sleep!

*Hugs*
    Kristin
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 2,728
    edited June 2007

Good Morning Everyone: Huff puff and huff puff. I just came running back from a bad place! I thought I stopped by here first to say hello - but looks like I didnt. Im glad to be back. Sitting here holding my blanket and sucking my thumb for a moment.

Waving to all you lurkers from that other nasty thread. I feel safe here.

Puppy: Oh my! The appt with the neurosurgeon is today? Hoppin in the shower and ready for the magic carpet to pick me up. I know you are scared, but just remember, we are all there with you.

Jankay: Whew! You had a workout yesterday. Bets even though you feel tired now, you will feel stronger today.

Vockie: Good morning sunshine sister. Instead of tweaking my toes you should have been grabbing me to come back home here in the circle! On the other hand, Im glad you were tweaking my toes instead of Bubba licking them.

Susan: Its so good to see you back. Sure sounds like you had a fantastic week-end. Good friends, good exercise, and good food. Who could ask for more?

MargaretB: Man a port in the groin sounds awful. Hope your mom is doing ok. You would think in this day and age, we could come up with a better system for dialysis.

Karen: Good luck today. Hot and humid takes everything out of me. It really affects me physically. That statement from the lady with tinnitius was just ridiculous.

Liz: 100 mile winds? Wow - pretty scary. When I hear about hail then I get really scared. Was always told where there is hail there is tornados.

Boo: Nothing wrong with crying. Its good to get those feelings out. Maybe you felt comfortable sharing your feelings with your onc. I have a different view of antidepressants. Im on them and whenever I try to get off of them I scare myself. So I am hoping you really do consider the antidepressants. Sending you a big hug.

Tracey: Holy Cow! Its hard to catch up when you have no computer time. We miss you. Dont try to read back, just tell us how your new job is going.

Jan: Somehow I always miss your posts. Guess I will have to wait and catch up on the week-end.

Shokk: So there was a silly girl party in your closet last night. Darn Im sorry I missed the fun.

Good morning to Betty and Kristin.

Marsha: Where are you? Wondering how your first day at RADs went.

Well - I know I have missed many, but time is up. Gotta get ready for work. So I hope you all have a wonderful day.

Nicki
  • purplemb
    purplemb Member Posts: 593
    edited June 2007
    good morning all...hope the storms have passed and everyone is safe....

Nicki...what nasty thread...hmmm....let me throw some logs on the fire to keep away the coyotes...

Ok I know I have been in and out but there are alot of CG missing...please check in and say hello...we worry so much...

well back to work...

hugs and prayers for all in need..
    MB
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 2,728
    edited June 2007
    Good Morning PurpleMB. Sending some sunshine your way.

Nicki
  • Boo46
    Boo46 Member Posts: 261
    edited June 2007
    Good morning,
    Nicki - Thanks for the hug and kind words. I really needed that.
    Got to run to work so have just a sec to say hi. My boys come back tonight. Picking them up at the airport at 9:30. I loved my alone time for about 1 week then I really missed them.
    Hope everone has a great day.
    Puppy - My prayers are with you today for a good Dr. visit.
    Hugs,
    Sue
  • MargaretB
    MargaretB Member Posts: 771
    edited June 2007
    Morning girls, just wanted to say don't forget to pick me up for the magic carpet. I'm ready to go.

Margaret
  • marshakb
    marshakb Member Posts: 796
    edited June 2007
    First rad was uneventful but man I've been wore out from something! Made some squares (4 total!) and layed down on the couch. Out like a light a 8 pm!

Ok here is my "I can't believe you said that" Was at the theatre volunteer picnic and a woman I know (not well) took one look at my bald head and said "Oh now you can do the play Wit. Do you know that show?" Now this came out of my mouth before I could stop it, I said "Yes, I know the show, she dies at the end." OOPs

Going back to read 3 pages, love to all the CG's! Marsha
  • jankay
    jankay Member Posts: 789
    edited June 2007
    good mrning cgs i am up and have been up for a while. I do feel stronger but i got off on a b ad start. this morning i was up at 6 but somehow ended up laying on my left arm. when i do that, icant get up. I was one hour trying to get off my arm. so therefore i was occupied and couldnt check on my sisters after the storm.
    marsha i am glad your rads were uneventful, that is somethiing i did not have to do. as for your "friend" some people are so dumb or one sandwich short of a picnic.
    shokk=ki hope u did not get complaints from all the giggling in your closet.
    kristin-i wish i had been witih u because there was no
    chocolate ice cream here and i am sure i could have eaten a "small" bowl.
    vick-they are coming to get my power chair today to do some look and see maintenance on it. i willg et a rental but it may be as bad as a model t car. this i am saying because if or when we have a possee round up, it will have to be s oon and fast.
    time to bath and get ready for appointment.